Also Ilya Naumov, b. Russia. Paris-based graphic and type designer, whose typefaces are fabulous. His typefaces:
- During a summer course called Type@Paris (2015), Ilya Naumov designed a contemporary redesign of Caslon called Belka (+Stencil,+Italic).
- Kawai is a modern serif typeface started by Ilya at the University of Reading in 2014 under the supervision of Gerry Leonidas and Gerard Unger.
- Vesterbro (Jeremie Hornus, Alisa Nowak, Ilya Naumoff, Black Foundry, 2017) is a high-contrast Latin / Cyrillic typeface with a Viking feel that won an award at Granshan 2017.
- Troy (2017), Troy Sans (2017). A pair of inscriptional all caps roman typefaces published in 2019 by Indian Type Foundry.
- Clother (Jeremie Hornus, Julie Soudanne, Ilya Naumoff, 2017, at Black Foundry). This geometric sans workhorse covers also Cyrillic, Hebrew and Arabic.
- Ekster (2018). A geometric sans typeface family.
- Ulm Grotesk (2018, Indian Type Foundry). A simplified almost futuristic geometric sans typeface family. Ilya explains the name Ulm: In the 1950s and 1960s, The Ulm School of Design was hailed as a successor to the Bauhaus, and it set important impulses for international graphic and product design. These Ulm aftershocks were felt for the next several decades.
- In 2019, Ilya Naumoff and Benjamin Blaess co-designed the variable font Grtsk at Black Foundry. Its three axes, weight, width and slant, combine for 126 styles, that are all captured in one variable font. Mini-site.
- Screen Sans (2020). A 14-style sans by Jérémie Hornus and Ilya Naumoff published by Indian Type Foundry.
- Stravinsky (2020). This is an experiment in fashionable contrast. Ilya writes: The typeface fuses the 18th century Didot vertical contrast and squarish counters with the contemporary sans-serif Grotesk form.
- Factor A (2020). A variable geometric sans typeface at Type Tomorrow.
Type Tomorrow link.
Fontspring link [Buy fonts]
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type design in France ⦿
Cyrillic type design ⦿
Typefaces inspired by the Trajan column in Rome ⦿
Bauhaus and type design ⦿
Variable fonts ⦿
Fashion mag typefaces ⦿
Type design in Russia ⦿