Typefoundry in Los Angeles, CA, run by Kourosh Beigpour. Its typefaces:
Behance link. Google Plus link.
- K-B-Cuneiform (2012), a cuneiform typeface used in Order of Darius the Great (by R.M. Ghiasabadi, Shoor Afarin Pub).
- Jomhuria (2015). A free Google Font for Persian/Arabic and Latin, suitable for headline and other display usage. The Arabic script was designed by Kourosh Beigpour, and the Latin was designed by Eben Sorkin. The font is engineered by Lasse Fister, and the technicalities build upon those developed by Khaled Hosny for his Amiri font. Github link.
- Katibeh (2015-2016). A free Google web font for Arabic and Latin. Katibeh is a headline font based on the Naskh script, infused with some qualities of the Thuluth script. Arabic design by Kourosh Beigpour, Latin design by Eduardo Tunni, engineering by Lasse Fister. Github link. They write: Jomhuria is a dark Persian/Arabic and Latin display typeface, suitable for headline and other display usage. The name means republic, and the spark of inspiration for the design was a stencil of Shablon showing just a limited character set just for the Persian language without any marks, vowels or Latin glyphs. Shablon was designed 30 years ago in Iran, and is reinterpreted by Kourosh to incorporate contemporary techniques, aesthetics and of course some personal taste. While inspired by the spirit of Shablon, Jomhuria is a new typeface that stands on its own. Kourosh created an additional original Latin design that is tailored to harmonize with the aesthetics of the Persian/Arabic design. Open Font Library link.
- Mirza (2015-2016). A free Google Font for Arabic based on the Naskh script. Github link.
- Kanun and Kanun Chromatic (2015-2016). Arabic typefaces that won an award at Granshan 2017.
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Typefaces and type design for Arabic ⦿
Type scene in California ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type design in Iran ⦿
Cuneiform typefaces ⦿
Sites with only a few free fonts ⦿
Multicolor typefaces ⦿