CoType is the London-based type foundry of Mark Bloom and Joe Leadbeater, est. 2019. Their typefaces include
- Aeonik and Aeonik Pro (2018). A 14-weight sans typeface family by Joe Leadbeater and Mark Bloom. Aeonik supports Latin, Greek and Cyrillic, and is accompanied by a variable font. Followed in 2022 by Aeonik Mono and Aeonik Fono.
- Altform (2021). A low contrast sans family by Mark Bloom. Designed by mixing geometric and grotesque elements, it has many weights and is accompanied by a two-axis (weight, italic tilt) variable font.
- Ambit (2019). A sans by Mark Bloom: Ambit is an eccentric and unique sans serif font inspired by early grotesques, but adapted for the 21st century. It is characterized by the misbehaving curly lower case f and r glyphs.
- Coanda (2019). A techno typeface by Mark Bloom, who writes: Coanda: an ideology of the future, crafted from the past. Coanda honours the ambitious outlook of 20th century designers Wim Crouwel and Mimmo Castellano, and pays respect to the meticulous detail crafted by The Designers Republic.
- Orbikular (2020). A 5-weight modern typeface by Mark Bloom.
- RM Neue (2019). A sans by Mark Bloom. The first iteration of RM was released in 2011, followed by RM Pro in 2016. RM Neue is a completely redrawn and redesigned adaptation of RM Pro, previously available in only three weights. Bloom writes: Inspired by utilitarian neo-grotesques, RM Neue aims to be a timeless addition to each designer's font repertoire and has been designed to be clean and legible at all sizes.
- Betatron (2021). Sci-fi.
- Scandium (2021). a 14-style sans: Scandium is a contemporary sans with open shapes and a technical vibe inspired by the needs of the automotive industry---openness, performance, and style. With its modestly squared curves, high x-height, and vertical terminals, Scandium marries performance with purpose. It includes many icons and some emojis.
Type design in the United Kingdom ⦿
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Variable fonts ⦿
Cyrillic type design ⦿
Sci-Fi fonts ⦿
Icon fonts ⦿
Monospaced fonts ⦿