Japanese foundry in Nagoya that offers free and commercial Latin fonts made by Ryoichi Tsunekawa, who also runs Bagel & Co, Dharma Type, HolidayType and Prop-A-Ganda. Most of his work was done at Flat-It. His typefaces:
- 2019: Rama Gothic Rounded, Bio Sans Soft.
- 2018: Fairweather (clean sans), Kaneda Gothic (a basic severe condensed gothic), Vincente (a tall condensed display didone family).
- 2017: Calling Code (monospaced programming font), Commuters Sans (elegant wide sans), Mighty Slab, Rigid Square (octagonal), Taro.
- 2016: Bio Sans, Gomme Sans, Quiet Sans, Siro (sans).
- 2014: Pero (condensed rounded organic sans), Kiro (minimalist organic sans), Graphie (modern geometric sans), Compasse (semi-condensed sans), Como (rounded sans).
- 2013: Spoon (organic, rounded, monoline sans family), Antoinette Monogrammes (based on early 1900s embroideries by Janon Co; with frames), Clonoid (a sci-fi family that pays tribute to arcade game logos in 80s and 90s), All Round Gothic Demi (a sans based on perfect circles), Griffon (copperplate titling face), Antique Spenserian (based on Spencerian Script by Mackellar, Smiths and Jordan).
- 2012: Geom Graphic (a retro sci-fi family that can be considered as a squarish version of Eurostile), Sheepman (modular), House of Cards, Space Colony (a lovely monoline futuristic techno family), Rama Slab (an antiqued wood-style slab serif), Rama Gothic. An antiqued sans serif family that recalls the wood type era), Diamond Ring (an art deco typeface inspired by Japanese cosmetics-packaging designs and posters from the late 19th and early 20th centuries), Controller (techno meets organic in this rounded squaris sans family), Revolution Gothic (an extended version of PAG Revolucion), 2008, which was inspired by retro propaganda posters and wallpainting in Cuba from the 60s to 80s; Revolution Gothic P followed in 2014), Diamond Ring (art deco).
- 2011: Yummo (monoline organic sans), Sheepman (based on the wood type No. 506 of William Page), Onick (2011, an art deco neojaponist fat display face done for Wordshape), Shiva (2011, hairline sans), Mocha Mattari (2011, grunge), Dharma Slab (2011, inspired by 1800s-style wood type), Dharma Gothic (2011, +P), Rama Gothic (2011, also inspired by 1800s-style wood type), Dimensions (2011, squarish), Design System (2011, a large family based on 70s style techno typefaces), Speedometer (2011, condensed piano key face).
- 2010: Stereo Gothic (2010: an extended all caps slightly techno sans family), Behrensmeyer Vigesimals (2010, a pixel format connected script), Civilite Vigesimals (2010, pixelized Civilite), Flat10 Arts and Crafts (2010), Flat20 Hippies, Flat10 Segments (2010), Flat10 Antique (2010), Flat20 Gothic (2010), Flat20 Streamer (2009, pixelized ribbon font), Flat10 Fraktur, Flat10 holy, Flat10 Holly, Flat10 Stencil, Flat20 Headline, Flat10 Artdeco, Word From Radio (2008-2010). Cigarette (2007, Bauhaus/Peignot-style).
- 2009: African Elephant Trunk (2009), Concrete Script, Concrete Stencil (2009, a stencil calligraphic script), Perfect Magic (2009), HT Maison (2009, signage face), HT Farmacia (2009, connected school script), HT Espresso (2008, upright script), HT Cartoleria (2008, connected script), HT Cafe (2009), Sneaker Script (2009).
- 2007-2008: Bistro Mono (2007, an awkward monoline face), Thousands (2007), Balaghat (2008), Garash Script (2008, a Halloween face), Woodstamp (2008), Banana (2008, brush script), Rebel Train Goes (2007, a piano key font), Rouge (2007, an elegant lipstick-on-the-bathroom-mirror pair of typefaces), Yasashii (2007, a great geometric art deco Broadway-style family, famous for being used in Damien Chazelle's La La Land, the 2017 blockbuster movie), Lily Wang (2006, calligraphic script), Nothing (2007), Garash (2007, Arabic simulation), Moon Star Soul (2007, Western saloon font), Grandes Vacances (+ Une, Deux) (2007), Pansy Bo (2006, calligraphic), Dremie (2007, an art deco headline typeface with Open and Fill weights), Grandes Vacances (2007, based on 19th century billboard letters), Xesy (2007, a fantastic "ronde" high-contrast upright connected script), Deluta Black (2007, a soft blackletter), Cotoris (2007, a 4-style family that takes inspiration from Koch Antiqua and the art nouveau movement).
- 2006: Daisy Lau (2006, calligraphic), Agedage Luxeuil (2006, based on a monasteric script from the 8th century), Agedage Cancellaresca, Agedage Beneventan, Agedage Simple Versal (2006, Lombardic caps simplified), Amsterdam Modern (2006, art nouveau influences), Flat10 [Holly, Holy, Stencil, Fraktur] (2006, a set of pixel typefaces), Machiarge (2006, a heavy connected brushed signage script), Chic Hand (2006, connected script), Double Dagger (2006, geometric stencil family), Fault (2006, an art deco striped lettering face), Killernuts (2006, headline serif typeface with brush stroke endings), Underconstructionism! (2006, a rectangular look family with associated dingbats), Machia (2006, decorative script), Kiwi (geometric hairline), Bagel (roundish comic book face), Jaguarundi (2006, distressed), Boycott (2006, distressed), Tokyotrail (2006, futuristic techno family), Coconut (noisy outline face), Coconut Split, Fresh Tomato (LED simulation), El Piedra (2006, letterpress emulation), Dried Tomato (LED simulation), Dutch Style, Mocha Harrar (great stencil face), 103 (experimental, Bank Gothic style), Airhead, ArealBlack, Awkward, BagelNew, BagelOld, Banbino, Bebas (2005, industrial sans), Bebas Kai (2014: free!), Bebas Neue (2010: free!), Bebas Neue Bold, Berlin89, Blackout (redesigned in 2011 as the ulta-narrow Dimensions), Boycott (grunge), Built-1970, Bunyan, Busted, Camera (2007), Canstop, Chiangmai (Thai simulation face), DBLline, Dijkstra, Dutchstyle, Fling, Graphite, Harcomaso, Hiexplosive, Hitech, Honeycomb, Junkmix, Kanatypo, KemikalHi, Machia (2006, a calligraphic family), Meegoreng, Mikrob, Natsupopy, Overwork, Palsu, Plamo, Plasitico, REC001, REC002, REC003, Resistance, SQRT, STdigi (LED font), Shandy, Superstar, Tembaga, Tenaga, Tomodachi, Tragedia, Trucker, VRdigital, VRembroidery, Welcome2M, Workaholic, Zeebraa, plot-A, plot-K, Appendix 3, Gesso (grunge), Pusab (2006, ultra round; one free weight), Sushitaro, Typewrong, Celtics Modern (2006, a Celtic family of fonts). At T-26, he published CRZ (2006), Guppy, Ohana (2006, octagonal), Picnica (2006), and Wearetrippin.
MyFonts link. Fontsquirrel link for their free fonts such as Bebas (2005, industrial sans), Boycott, Gesso, and Pusab.
YWFT link. Bagel & Co. link. Klingspor link. Dafont link. Dafont link.
View Ryoichi Tsunekawa's typefaces. Kernest link.
Fontspring link [Buy fonts]
Klingspor Museum page
Japanese type design ⦿
Sites with only a few free fonts ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Comic/cartoon fonts ⦿
Sci-Fi fonts ⦿
Stencil fonts ⦿
Pixel/bitmap fonts ⦿
Blackletter fonts ⦿
Celtic/Gaelic fonts ⦿
Calligraphic typefaces ⦿
Western fonts ⦿
Arabic simulation typefaces ⦿
Experimental type ⦿
Octagonal typefaces ⦿
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Wood Type ⦿
Horror fonts ⦿
Brush script typefaces ⦿
School fonts ⦿
Art Nouveau typefaces ⦿
Art deco typefaces ⦿
Typefaces related to radio ⦿
Lombardic types ⦿
Signage typefaces ⦿
LED / LCD fonts ⦿
Piano key typefaces ⦿
Hexagonal typefaces ⦿
Circle-themed typefaces ⦿
Ornamental caps typefaces ⦿
Fonts for programming ⦿
Monospaced fonts ⦿
Modern style [Bodoni, Didot, Walbaum, Thorowgood, Computer Modern, etc.] ⦿