Barry Schwartz (b. 1961) is a scientist who lives in St. Paul, MN. He grew up mostly in Kendall Park, NJ, and studied electrical engineering from 1984 until 1990 at Rutgers. He is a fervent and exemplary supporter of the idea of Open Source fonts and software. He runs Crud Factory. His fonts:
- BonvenoCF-Light (2006). A geometric OpenType format typeface for Latin scripts, having all the letters for Esperanto.
- Fanwood Text (2011, a Venetian old style typeface). This is a free version of Fairfield (1940-1947, Rudolf Ruzicka). For a commercial version, check Bitstream's Transitional 551.
- Goudy Bookletter 1911 (2008) is a revival of Goudy's Kennerley Old Style Roman from 1911.
- Goudy Old Style 14-point (2009).
- Juvelo (2009). A delicate roman serif face.
- Linden Hill (2010, OFL). A two-style (roman, italic) revival of Goudy's Deepdene.
- Prociono CF (2007). See also here.
- OFL Sorts Mill Goudy (2009). A revival of Goudy Oldstyle and Italic.
- KisStMTT (or: Sorts Mill Kis) (2010). Based a bit loosely on the early-20th-century revival of Jenson / Kis drawn by Sol Hess for Lanston Monotype.
- He adapted some glyphs of Gentium for better display with Adobe Reader, and called the new type family Temporarium (2007-2008).
- Valley (2009). A take on Walbaum.
Links: Another URL. Dafont link. OFL link. Font Squirrel link. Googlecode link. Devian tart link. The League of Moveable Type. Abstract Fonts link. Kernest link. Klingspor link. Google Plus link.
Klingspor Museum page
Sites with only a few free fonts ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Esperanto fonts ⦿
Modern style [Bodoni, Didot, Walbaum, Thorowgood, Computer Modern, etc.] ⦿
Type scene in Minnesota ⦿
Type scene in New Jersey ⦿
Frederic William Goudy ⦿
Venetian or antiqua typefaces ⦿