Sergiy Tkachenko (b. 1979, Khrystynivka, Cherkasy region, Ukraine) lives in Kremenchuk, Ukraine, and has been a prolific type designer since 2008. Sergiy graduated from Kremenchuk State Polytechnic University in computer systems and networks in 2007. Various other URLs: Microsoft link, Identifont, 4th February, Behance, Klingspor link, Revision Ru, Russian creators, CPLUV Fontspace, Twitter. Kernest link. Sergey Tkachenko's typefaces:
- 2008: the techno typefaces Bladi One 4F, Bladi One Slab 4F, Bladi Two 4F, Abia Wide 4F Thin.
- 2009: Wrongo 4F, Zantiqa (an über-serif), Serifiqo (a (free) thin didone fashion mag display face), Codename Coder 4F (monospace programming font), Droporado 4F (using circles only), Tovstun (futuristic, ultra-fat and rounded), Perfocard 4F, Modularico (five modular typefaces based on a logo from Master Kremenchug a company for which Sergiy worked for 4 years), Boldesqo Serif 4F (a splendid informal fat didone, now with Greek support), Tkachenko Sketch, Unicase Slab (a techno slab), Laftatic, Logofontik 4F (techno), PC.DE Stencil (+Italic; custom stencil font), Stenciliqo 4F, Tiap Liap 4F (handwriting), Nut Kit 4F, Rezzzistor 4F, the inline modular face Grand Hotel, and Bijou 4F.
- 2010: Roboo 4F (a bubblegum typeface family), PädIn (a custom typeface for Pädagogische Initiative e.V.: rounded fat informal face), Fat Quad (in the fatty trend), Veselka (a free multiline face), Smeshariki Black (+ Gleams: a bubble gum font made for an animation company), Republica 4F (a fat family), Rodeqa Slab 4F, ComFi (semi-octagonal), Grotesqa 4F, Nowy Geroy 4F, Fabryka 4F (a monospaced typewriter family), Placarto4F-Italic (an ultra fat art deco), Lavina 4F (a hairline sans with lachrymal terminals).
- 2011: Squartica (octagonal), Decomart (free), Model 4F Unicase (a unicase fat didone released in 2013 only), Fontatigo 4F, Kylie 4F (bilined and geometric), Waldemar 4F (a large didone style fat typeface family), Dinesqo (2011, a monoline sans of utter simplicity), Qargotesk (+Cyrillic) [images: i, ii, iii, iv], Neultica 4F (black unicase family), Squartiqa 4F (2011, constructivist), Clarenta 4F Black (after Clarendon---a great family), Designosaur (free sans), Perfopunto (based on perforated circles and squares), OlaScript 4F, Bayadera 4F (a tamed upright monoline script), Febrotesk4FUnicase (squarish unicase family).
- 2012: Targo 4F (rounded typeface with stencil and non-stencil styles), Myra (free font), Myra 4F Caps (free), Cedra (wide monolined sans face), Fontatica 4F (rounded techno grotesk), Akzentica 4F, Ukraintica 4F Wide (a monoline wide-bowled sans family), Laventa 4F, Sports World (free athletic lettering font), Web Serveroff (free computer geek font), Octin Spraypaint Cyrillic (a rough stencil done exclusively for Ninja Theory).
- 2013: Condesqa (modular sans), Esqadero (an uncomplicated monoline sans), Vanyla 4F Unicase (monoline), Esqadero FF CY (a free wide sans, Cyrillic), Bond (a confident no-frills sans), Attentica (free sans font for Latin and Cyrillic), Cedra 4F Wide Thin.
- Cyrillizations: several typefaces such as Lavoisier (by Alec Julien), Budmo Jiggler (Ray Larabie) and JoAnne Display (Sandy Cerovich), Gnuolane (of a Ray Larabie font), Paranoid Cyrillic (based on Kevin Lo's Paranoid), Movavi Grotesque Black (+Cyrillic; image; numerals), Azoft Sans (made for Azoft, and free here and here).
- Custom fonts: Blue Pill, Sansus Webissimo (since 2011 free at Open Font Library), Minaeff ECT (2011, a free legible family for Latin and Cyrillic, custom-made for and downloadable from WebhostingRating.com), Webhostinggeeks.Com (2011), Web Serveroff, OnlinePharmacyCheck.Com (2011), 1800Flowers.com (2011), DesignStudio.com (2011, free), ArchyStudio.Com (2011, free download, Movavi Grotesque (2011, free), Azoft Sans, PÄd In, Smeshariki, Fat Cow (2010: free condensed sans), ComFi (2010, free), PC.de (2009: free techno family, including a stencil face), League Gothic (2009-2011, The League of Movable Type) Cyrillic, Paranoid Cyrillic, 28 Days Later Cyrillic, Acid Label Cyrillic, Dead Secretary Cyrillic, Rezland Cyrillic, Sweet Leaf Cyrillic, Droid Cyrillic, Jo Anne Display Cyrillic, Gnuolane Free Cyrillic, Bosox Cyrillic, Budmo Jiggler Cyrillic.
- Typefaces from 2014: Laqonic 4F (unicase sans), Cubynets 4F, Blogger Sans (free rounded organic sans), Boncegro (free Western typeface, briefly called Vaquero before a name change), Motor 4F (based on Russian car license plates), Monitorica (a futuristic typeface made for ipHostMonitor.com, free at OFL), Areqo (condensed titling sans), Architect's Daughter Cyrillic (architectural lettering), GetVoIP Grotesque (a free typeface commissioned by GetVoIP), Meeneralca (unicase sans inspired by the logo of the mineral water Borjomi from Georgia), Glasoor (free oil spill or jelly bean font), Robotesqa.
- Typefaces from 2015: Croogla (a circle-based informal sans), Blackentina 4F (free ultra-black squarish typeface), Dart 4F (neo-grotesque), Kent 4F (a layered family for letterpress emulation).
- Typefaces from 2016: Brent 4F (original design going back to 2013), a custom typeface for the labels used in the Ukrainian Armed Forces, Economica Cyrillic Pro (with Vicente Lamonaca).
- Typefaces from 2018: Indi Kazka 4F (Indic simulation).
Abstract Fonts link. Dafont link. Creative Market link. Behance link. Hellofont link. Open Font Library link.
View Sergiy Tkachenko's fonts.
Creative Market page
Klingspor Museum page
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type design in Ukraine ⦿
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Cyrillic type design ⦿
Monospaced fonts ⦿
Handwriting fonts ⦿
Art deco typefaces ⦿
Stencil fonts ⦿
Unicase type design ⦿
Typewriter fonts ⦿
Signage typefaces ⦿
Sites with only a few free fonts ⦿
Regular as clockwork ⦿
Modern style [Bodoni, Didot, Walbaum, Thorowgood, Computer Modern, etc.] ⦿
Type design and constructivism ⦿
Fashion mag typefaces ⦿
Sites with only a few free fonts ⦿
Athletic lettering faces ⦿
Bubblegum typefaces ⦿
Tear drop terminals ⦿
Very thin (hairline sans) typefaces ⦿
Circle-themed typefaces ⦿
Architectural lettering/typefaces ⦿
Fonts for programming ⦿
Corporate typefaces ⦿
Western fonts ⦿
Military typefaces ⦿
Indic simulation fonts ⦿
Monoline script fonts ⦿