Very prolific Argentinian type designer (b. 1976) located in Rosario. His extensive repertoire:
- In 2010, he embarked upon an open source font project about a connected retro / signage script Lobster, which features carefully crafted opentype ligatures. In 2011, he added the upright script family Lobster Two. Alexei Vanyashin and Gayaneh Bagdasaryan added support for Russian, Ukrainian, Belarusian, Macedonian, Moldovan, and Serbian languages. Open Font Library link for Lobster.
- At the end of 2010, together with Edgar Tolentino (Mexico), he started a commercial font project about Terminal Dosis [or simply Dosis], a monoline basic and simple sans, now available at Google Web Fonts.
- Cabin (2010) is a free humanist sans face in the style of Gill. It was followed by Cabin Sketch (+Bold) in 2011. Open Font Library link for Cabin. For TeX support, see here.
- Dancing Script (2011) is an informal script in the spirit of Murray Hill or Mistral.
- Quattrocento (2011) is a classic roman titling face. Quattrocento Sans (2011) is a monoline sans. Quattrocento has been suggested by some as a free replacement of Friz Quadrata. CTAN link. Open Font Library link.
- Miltonian and Miltonian Tattoo (2011) are fun hand-printed typefaces.
- Creations from 2012: Poetsen One (signage face), Domine (Google Web Fonts; he says that It's is friendly in appearance because it combines the classic elements of familiar typefaces that have been in use from more than 100 years like Clarendon, Century, Cheltenham and Clearface), New Rocker (Google Web Fonts: blackletter tattoo font), Monda (Google Web Fonts and GitHub, a free sans family), Milonga (Google Web Fonts: a Victorian font inspired by the art of the tangueros), Ranchers (retro poster typeface at Google Web Fonts and Open Font Library, co-designed with Brenda Gallo), Petit Formal Script (Google Web Fonts), Cantora (Google Web Fonts: a friendly semi formal, semi condensed, semi sans serif; see also the Open Font Library), Kaushan Script (a readable brush script that is free at Google Web Fonts), Racing Sans (a techno typeface that conjures up speed; co-designed with Rodrigo Fuenzalida, it is free at Google Web Fonts and Open Font Library), Life Savers (Google Web Fonts).
- Libre Baskerville (2012, Google Web Fonts and CTAN) was developed together with Rodrigo Fenzalida. It is based on 1941 ATF specimens, but it has a taller x height, wider counters and minor contrast that allows it to work on small sizes in any screen.
- Pablo Impallari and Rodrigo Fuenzalida extended McInerney's Raleway. Download here and at Open Font Library.
- Libre Caslon (2012) in four styles. See also the TeX support files for this free typeface. Co-developed by Rodrigo Fuenzalida and Pablo Impallari.
- Clement Numbers (2013). A commercial didone set of numbers from a 1838 specimen book by Fonderie Clément.
- The 45-font typeface family Encode Sans (2014, with Andres Torresi), its 5x9 matrix ranging from Compressed to Wide, and Thin to Black. Extended in 2019 to Plata Sans.
- Libre Bodoni (2014, Open Font Library) was developed by Pablo Impallari and Rodrigo Fuenzalida based on Morris Fuller Benton's Bodoni types---they optimized the glyphs for use on the web. Github link.
- Caveat (2015, free handcrafted Google Font), Caveat Brush.
- Libre Clarendon is being planned.
- Amiko (2015). A Latin / Devanagari sans / screen typeface by Pablo Impallari, Rodrigo Fuenzalida and Andres Torresi. Github link.
- In 2016, Google Fonts published the free Latin / Bengali signage font Galada (2015). It is based on Pablo Impallari's Lobster (for Latin). The Bengali was developed as a studio collaboration by Jeremie Hornus, Yoann Minet, and Juan Bruce at Black Foundry in France. Github link.
- Libre Franklin (2016, Google Fonts). A large free typeface family that revives Morris Fuller Benton's Franklin Gothic (1912). Github link.
Dafont link. Fontspace link. Google font directory link. Klingspor link. Abstract Fonts link. Fontsquirrel link. Google Plus link. On Snot and Fonts link. Another Google Plus link. Creative Market link Behance link. Blog. Home page.
Creative Market page
Klingspor Museum page
Free font sources ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type design in Argentina ⦿
Font hosting at On Snot and Fonts ⦿
Signage typefaces ⦿
Sketched typefaces ⦿
Brush script typefaces ⦿
Cyrillic type design ⦿
Blackletter fonts ⦿
Fonts with TEX ⦿
Tattoo fonts ⦿
Open source fonts ⦿
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Brush script typefaces ⦿
Modern style [Bodoni, Didot, Walbaum, Thorowgood, Computer Modern, etc.] ⦿
Morris Fuller Benton ⦿
Indic language fonts ⦿
Bengali fonts ⦿