[Alfredo Marco Pradil]
Graduate of the College of Architecture and Fine Arts, Batangas State University, The Philippines, who has been working as a graphic designer since 2005. He is currently located in Dubai, UAE and is a prolific type designer. His typefaces:
- Luckybones (2020).
- Action Sans (2020). A free almost monolinear sans.
- Open Sauce Sans, Open Sauce One and Open Sauce Two (2020). He writes about these three large free sans families: Open Sauce is a font superfamily that I developed for Creative Sauce's internal type system. It is a compact typeface that is optimised for better viewing small text on screen and print. Open Sauce (Sans, One and Two) is under the SIL Open Font License and is going to be actively developed, improved and tested. One small modification is Cristiano Sobral's Criativa Sans (2020).
- Yelena (2020). A brush script.
- Keiner (2020). A rigid monolinear sans typeface family.
- Cosmic Octo (2020). A blocky display/poster typeface for an experimental ice cream recipe venture.
- Snah (2020). A playful free all caps typeface.
- Belina Script (2020).
- Itzkarl (2020). An all caps typeface with flared terminals.
- Anahaw (2020). A foliate typeface modeled after palm leaves.
- Batangas (2020). Free.
- Lumi Sans (2019).
- Device (2019). A sans that supports orange-dyed fascists, oil industry buffoons and climate change deniers.
- Stenzel (2019). a stencil typeface.
- Nourd (2019).
- Suprapower (2019). Heavy and wide, for posters, packaging, headline and titles.
- Sauce Grotesk (2019). Sauce Grotesk is a sans serif typeface that James Birch and Alfredo Marco Pradil developed for Creative Sauce's internal type system.
- TEG (2019).
- Enreal (2019).
- Arca Sentora (2019). A geometric sans.
- Serif 420 (2019).
- Guise (2019). A Swiss style sans family.
- Grantipo (2019), A sans family inspired by Cerebri Sans, Helvetica and Akzidenz Grotesk. .
- HK Sentiments (2018). A neutral / geometric sans.
- Natrix Sans (2018). A free grotesque family without italics.
- Reminisce (2018). A Peignotian sans typeface family.
- Aeon Hexa (2018). Alfredo explains that he tried to amalgamate the features of Helvetica and Cerebri Sans.
- Acari Sans (2018). A free typeface by Alfredo Marco Pradil (Latin part) and Stefan Peev (Cyrillic portion). Based on HK Grotesk (2015).
- HK Kontrast (2018). An angular wedge serif typeface.
- HK Yavimayan (2018). A text typeface with flaring.
- HK Focus (2017).
- HK Gothic (2017). Twelve styles.
- HK Compression (2017). A bold compressed all caps sans.
- HK Carta (2017). A text typeface with didone elements.
- HK Spec (2017).
- HK Zercon (2017). A free sans.
- HK Concentrate (2017). A sans typeface family.
- Arlene (2017). A didone typeface family.
- Barter Exchange (2017).
- HK Blocker (2017), a heavy rounded sans.
- Zwizz (2017). A Swiss typeface family.
- Cerebri Sans (2017).
- HK Nova (2017). A geometric sans family inspired by Century Gothic and Futura. The Medium weight is tweetware. See also HK Nova Narrow and HK Nova Rounded.
- Illuma (2017). A free headline sans typeface.
- Number 23 (2017). A text typeface family.
- HK Caslon (2017).
- Polarity (2017).
- Placid Amor (2016). Copperplate style.
- Ludema (2016). An informal sans typeface, made by Joao Symington..
- Alienware (2016). A custom typeface for Dell's Alienware computers.
- Extremis Compakt (2016). A custom typeface for Extremis.
- Number 23 (2016). A Caslon-style text family.
- El Enra Rounded (2016). A condensed headline sans.
- Faldore (2015-2016). A simple sans typeface family.
- Hans Grotesque (2016). A sans designed for long texts.
- Decalotype (2016). A free sans typeface.
- HK Compakt (2016). Inspired by Akzindenz Grotesk.
- HK Serif (2016).
- Jellee (2016). A very soft heavy rounded sans typeface. Download.
- El Enra (2016). A free bold condensed sans.
- Type 36 (2016). A clean geometric sans.
- Arco Perpetuo (2016). A free subtly rounded sans family.
- Industri (2016). A tweetware sans.
- Okomito (2016). A sans with large open counters. Okomito Medium is free. Okomito Next was released in 2020.
- Comprehension Semibold (2016).
- Radnika (2016). Announced as a workhorse sans. Followed in 2017 by Neue Radnika Schriftart, or Radnika Next.
- Hanken Sans (2016).
- ADA Hybrid Display (2016).
- The free geometric sans typeface Orkney (2016, with Samuel Oakes).
- Caslon OS (2015, Open Font Library).
- The basic sans typefaces Now (2015, Open Font Library: geometric), Now Alt (2015), Einstellung Schrift (2015, geometric sans), Neue Einstellung (2015), Elenar (2015; and the free Elenar Love), Amicale (2015), HK Explorer (2015), HK Explorer Soft (2015), HK Explorer Sharp (2015), HK Grotesk (2015: free; extended to HK Grotesk Pro in 2016, and HK Grotesk Light in 2017, HK Grotesk Wide in 2020, and Uacari Legacy by Cristobal Sobral in 2020), Industri (2015, caps only headline face), Monoist (2015, monospaced), Glacial Indifference (2015, Bauhaus-inspired), Malakas (2015), Genome (2015) and Gen Light (2014, OFL).
- Arca Majora (2014) and Arca Majora 2 (2016). A free heavy geometric sans face.
- SAG Block (2014).
- Ahamono and Ahamono Monospaced (2012-2015). Originally, this was a free rounded monospace typeface with typewriter features.
- Neue Hans (2014), Hanken Round (2014, a free rounded sans), Neutrage (2014, a neutral signage sans).
- Hard Edge (2014). An octagonal typeface.
- Teknik (2014). A technical sans typeface.
- Bullet (2014).
- The grotesk typefaces Primary Hans (2014) and Hans Kendrick (2014) and Neue Hans Kendrick (2016). Both have elements of Avenir and Futura, and are characterized by a relatively small x-height. Followed by the art deco sans-inspired Neo Hans in 2019.
OFL link. Hellofont link (for purchasing his fonts). Behance link. Facebook link. He operates as Hanken Studio.
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Sites with only a few free fonts ⦿
Type design in Dubai ⦿
Type design in UAE ⦿
Filipino / The Philippines ⦿
Octagonal typefaces ⦿
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Monospaced fonts ⦿
Typewriter fonts ⦿
Bauhaus and type design ⦿
Akzidenz Grotesk ⦿
Corporate typefaces ⦿
Modern style [Bodoni, Didot, Walbaum, Thorowgood, Computer Modern, etc.] ⦿
Stencil fonts ⦿