Talented Russian graphic and type designer who works for ParaType in Moscow. His typefaces:
- In 2015, he and Alexandra Korolkova co-designed Circe Rounded, which is an extension of the Circe typeface (2011), both published by Paratype. Circe is named for the circular nature of many of its glyphs.
- In 2015, Alexandra Korolkova and Alexander Lubovenko published Aphrosine at Paratype, a typeface based on pointed pen script and situated somewhere between handwriting and calligraphy. Many alternatives and smart OpenType features help Aphrosine look like real handwriting.
- Carol Gothic (2015, Alexandra Korolkova and Alexander Lubovenko, Paratype) is a traditional blackletter face closest to Linotype's Old English.
- Liberteen (2015) is a playful tongue-in-cheek take on 19th century slab serifs, including Clarendons. For Latin and Cyrillic, from Thin to Black. Dessert Script (2015, Paratype). A smooth-outlined advertising script for Latin and Cyrillic.
- In 2016, Alexander Lubovenko and Manvel Shmavonyan co-designed the 30-style Latin / Cyrillic workhorse sans typeface family Mediator which was followed in 2017 by Mediator Serif. Later in 2016, Alexander Lubovenko designed the heavy slab serif family Bombarda.
- Hypocrite (2017, Paratype).
- He created some additional styles for Zakhar Yaschin's Mojito script font.
- in 2018, he designed Clincher at Paratype, a set of monospaced and duospaced fonts that were specifically developed for program coding and user interface design.
- Wak (2018). By Aleksander Lubovenko and Viktor Fitzner.
- Journal Sans New (2018).
- Six Hands (2018). This is a collection of six handcrafted typefaces: Black, Brush, Chalk, Marker, Condensed and Rough, by Alexandra Korolkova, Alexander Lubovenko, and the Paratype team.
- Stapel (2020, Paratype). A 57-style Latin / Cyrillic sans family with a sci-fi look and thin stroke joints.
- Vast (2021, Paratype). A 56-style sans family, and three variable fonts, by Manvel Shmavonyan and Alexander Lubovenko. Choices are from thin to black and regular to extra wide.
- In 2021, Paratype designers Isabella Chaeva, Vasily Biryukov and Alexander Lubovenko created DIN 2014 Rounded, an extension of the industrial sans serif DIN 2014. The six-style typeface supports all European languages based on Latin, Cyrillic, and Asian Cyrillic (Tatar, Kazakh and Kyrgyz) and has a variable version.
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type design in Russia ⦿
Cyrillic type design ⦿
Circle-themed typefaces ⦿
Handwriting fonts ⦿
Blackletter fonts ⦿
Calligraphic typefaces ⦿
Monospaced fonts ⦿
Fonts for programming ⦿
Typefaces that emulate chalk ⦿
Variable fonts ⦿