Dinamo is a Swiss type foundry established by Johannes Breyer and Fabian Harb after graduation from schools in Zurich, Basel and Amsterdam. Johannes and Fabian are visiting teachers at the Estonian Academy of the Arts, Tallinn and regularly teach at UDK Berlin and University of Applied Sciences, St. Gallen. Their typefaces:
- Favorit (2014). A basic sans family by Johannes Breyer and Fabian Harb. It was extended to Favorit Hangul by Mingoo Yoon in 2019.
- Grow (2013). An experimental collaborative font family. Many of the members are multilined and even prismatic.
- The heavy sans typeface Heureka (2009-2013).
- Pareto (2016). Western style typefaces.
- In 2019, Johannes Breyer, Fabian Harb and Erkin Karamemet released Whyte and Whyte Inktrap at Dinamo.
- ABC Maxi (2020, Dinamo). An experimental hipster-inspired gemetric sans family designed by Dinamo (Johannes Breyer and Fabian Harb) and Andree Paat).
- In 2020, Fabian Harb and Seb McLauchlan co-designed the extensive grotesque family Marfa at Dinamo. Marfa contains a monospaced subfamily, and comes with two variable fonts.
- Custom typefaces for Kunsthalle Zurich (CH), Warp Records (UK), Elton John (US), Yale Architecture (US), Manifesta 11 (CH), Harvard Graduate School of Design (US), Universal Music (GER), IBA Thüringen (GER), Festival B:om (KR), Gagosian Gallery (US), Planet Mu/Knives (GER/UK), LayTheme (GER) or the German, Estonian and Cyprus Pavillions at the 55th and 56th Venice Biennale.
- ABC Social done with the Dinamo team in 2021 as a retail version of a custom typeface designed by Fabian Harb and Tina Gabriel for the Australian periodical The Monthly in 2017. Harb writes: Dinamo's co-founder Fabian Harb himself first penned ABC Social as the custom display font for The Monthly, Australia's left leaning independent periodical covering politics, society, and culture. Over many years and many time zones, our super team has now extended it in all directions and for widespread release: Malte Bentzen worked on the very light styles, Fabiola Mejía on its monospaced family, Wei Huang on the regular and bold styles, Erkin Karamemet on Italics, with Rob Janes completing the mastering and production work.
Johannes Breyer. Fabian Harb.
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
German type scene ⦿
Octagonal typefaces ⦿
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Type design in Switzerland ⦿
Type design in Estonia ⦿
Experimental type ⦿
Prismatic typefaces ⦿
Western fonts ⦿
Corporate typefaces ⦿
Variable fonts ⦿
Monospaced fonts ⦿
Korean (Hangul) ⦿