Displaay is Martin Vacha's type foundry in Prague set up in 2014. Martin Vacha studied at the Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design in Prague. His early fonts were designed during his studies at UMPRUM in Prague. His typefaces:
- Greed (2020). A narrow sans (+variable font with a weight axis) originally commissioned by Anymade Studio for Polansky Gallery.
- Ofform (2019). A modular folded paper font by Marek Suchanek, Kristina Jandova and Martin Vacha that started out as a custom typeface for the fashion brand Ofform 3D.
- Dazzed (2019).
- Gellix BMM.
- Matter (2016-2017). A sans inspired by Akzidenz-Grotesk (1896, Berthold Type Foundry), Theinhardt (2009, François Rappo), Classic Grotesque (1926, Frank Hinman Pierpont), Neuzeit Grotesk (1928, Wilhelm Pischner), Helvetica (1957, Max Miedinger and Eduard Hoffmann), Unica (Team '77, Lineto), Plain (2013, François Rappo), Futura (1927, Paul Renner) and Avenir (1988, Adrian Frutiger). Matter Mono was added in 2021. Haffer (2021) is a cold version of Matter with strict horizontal or vertical terminals.
- Hellix (2011). A geometric sans with hipster elements. By 2020, he completed Fellix, Gellix, Hellix and Yellix.
- Natron (2012). A sans and its display companion, Natron Alt.
- Reckless (2012-2017). A text typeface inspired by Plantin and Times New Roman.
- Wallop (2013). A sans.
- Documan (2013). A rounded typeface that is part sans, part slab serif.
- In 2016, Marek Pistora and Martin Vacha published the technical, almost typewriter, sans typeface BC Sklonar at Briefcase Type: The Sklonar typeface was originally designed exclusively for Zdenek Sklenar's S Gallery's corporate identity, conceived by Studio Najbrt in 2011. Two years later however, the gallery, including several works of art, was destroyed in a gas explosion. During the time of its use, the typeface appeared in promotional materials, in exhibitions, and also in artistic publications. But first and foremost, it excellently complemented the clean gallery space created by architect Josef Pleskot.
- Roobert (2017). A bespoke typeface for Moogfest 2017 designed together with Anymade Studio. Roobert PX is a pixel font.
- Teodor (2019-2020). Martin writes: In Teodor you can find certain similarities with Romana (1892 Gustav F. Schroeder), Caslon 224 (1725 William Caslon and Edward Benguiat), Grouch (1970 Tom Carnase and Ronne Bonder) and Perpetua (1925 Eric Gill). It has a variable type option.
- Tobias (2019-2020), a transitional typeface with elements of Times, Times New Roman and Baskerville. Plus a variable font with a weight axis.
- Github link.
- Avantt (2021).
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type design in Czechia ⦿
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Corporate typefaces ⦿
Monospaced fonts ⦿
Hipster fonts ⦿
Variable fonts ⦿
Pixel/bitmap fonts ⦿