| || |
Quito, Ecuador-based designer of the decorative typeface Omagua (2014). It is based on symbolisms of the Tupi-Guarani people who lived in Amazonia. [Google]
Quito, Ecuador-based designer, b. 1989, of Golf Tools (2012), a golf-themed display typeface. Movie Soundtrack (2012) is a film strip-themed font. [Google]
Advertising designer in Quito, Ecuador. He created the counterless face Tipe 4 tres. Behance link. [Google]
Creator of a circle-based font called Roseta (2013), which is based on the glass and iron work (rosetón) of the Basílica del Voto Nacional de Quito, Ecuador. Andrea is based in Quito as well. [Google]
Andres Escobar (Riobamba, Ecuador) created the display typefaces Bombillo (2013) and Chachay (2013). [Google]
César López Rivadeneira
Ecuadorian designer of the typeface Tipoglifo, which won an award at Tipos Latinos 2014. [Google]
Art director in Quito, Ecuador. Creator of the Elatina typeface family in 2012, a rounded simple sans for use in magazine headlines.
Behance link. [Google]
Designer and art director (b. Riobamba, Ecuador, 1986) whose studio is Disaikner in Barcelona. He created several free vernacular typefaces in 2013 that are based on wall writing and hand-drawn signs found in the city. These include Trueno, Mecanica, Garaje and Tiner.
Behance link. [Google]
Guayaquil, Ecuador-based creator of the organic typeface DaLeaves Condensed (2013). [Google]
Neurotypo (2011) is a free illustrated caps alphabet made by Diego Lara, a graphic designer and illustrator from Quito, Ecuador.
Behance link. [Google]
Illustrator in Quito, Ecuador, who created an unnamed ornamental caps alphabet in 2013. [Google]
Gen Studios in Quito, Ecuador, designed the modular compass-and-ruler display sans typeface Bohio in 2014. [Google]
Henry Paul Sanchez Cuaran
Quito, Ecuador-based creator (b. 1994) of the hairline sans typeface Line Style (2014). Facebook link. [Google]
Jackeline González Morocho
Salinas, Ecuador-based designer of some geometric display typefaces in 2014 such as Neon and Prism. [Google]
Graphic and web designer in Guayaquil, Ecuador. FontStructor of the angular counterless typeface Geometrik (2012). Behance link. [Google]
Designer at Pastaza Type in Ecuador of the angular scribbly face Punkstoric (2010). [Google]
Designer at Pastaza Type in Ecuador of the Mexican ornamental caps face Punk (2009). [Google]
Designer from from Puyo, Ecuador, b. 1991, known as Darko Juan. He made numerous free fonts.
Creator of these typefaces:
- Amazonica (2009) is a curlified roman face.
- Artesanias (2011).
- Básica (2010, an organic octagonal sans done with FontStruct) and Básica Unicode (2010).
- Black Audio (2010): gridded.
- Bohemia (2010): grunge face.
- Borracho (2009).
- Bosque Encantado (2010).
- Cabaret (2011).
- Chave (2010) and Gato (2010) are hand-printed faces.
- Colonial (2010).
- Cuneiforme (2010): cuneiform simulation face.
- The scary gothic faces La Flama y La Espina, Pasión Acústica (2009), Dark Pix (2010, FontStruct), Goth Stencil (2009, blackletter stencil), Goth Stencil Premium (2009), Ming Imperial (2009) and Ming Gothic (2009, was Chino Gotico before that). The latter two faces have an Asian look. Pasion Gotica (2010, FontStruct).
- Fam Fuerte (2011, grungy).
- Furia&Venganza (2011). A tattoo face.
- Hangul Love2 (2010).
- La Rosa Muerta (2010).
- Lejana (2010): a curly script.
- Linexter (2013). A vintage typeface.
- Luismi Murder (2009).
- Magical Dreams (2011).
- Narn Font (2011). Inspired by The Chronicles of Narnia.
- Ninja Turtles (2014) and Guardians of the Galaxy (2014). Sci-fi typefaces.
- No Hubo Tiempo (2009) is a timid handwriting face.
- PercanceFatal (2009).
- Pixel faces: Trium (2010), DarkPix (2009, done with FontStruct).
- The blackletter faces Por Siempre Gótica (2011), Artesanias (2011), Fraktura (2011), Neue Goth (2011), Estilographica (2011).
- The curly scribbly faces One Wild Line (2012), Romance Fatal 2.0 and 3.0 (2009, based on his own hand), Romance Fatal Pix (2010), Romance Fatal (2009, +Serif), Romance Fatal Goth (2009), Romance Fatal Sans (2011).
- Rounded Sans (2014).
- Scars Before Christmas (2010).
- Schindler's Font (2011). Inspired by the movie.
- Sucker Font (2011). A metal band face.
- Tatida Versal (2009), Tatida Rocking (2009).
- Tattoo Sailor (2010).
- A custom font for Teller Of Tales: A Fib Fit For A King, a 2011 movie by Woody Lindsey.
- The Fire Regular (2011).
- Tipófila (2010).
- Valle Lejano (2010, FontStruct).
- Verde Amazonico (2011).
- Versal-Gothic (2009).
- Xefora (2011). A spindly blackletter.
- Schindler's Font (2011). Based on the movie sequence.
- Frozen Font (2014) s also movie-inspired.
Behance link. Devian tart link. Home page. Dafont link. Old home page. Fontspace link. Abstract Fonts link. [Google]
[Sharp & Type]
Ecuadorian type designer. Award winner at Tipos Latinos 2010 for his experimental face Chacana. At Pixilate, he published the hand-printed typeface Lu Px with Kemie Guiada in 2004. It is based on an architect's hand. [Google]
Maria Cisneros Flor
Riobamba, Ecuador-based designer of the gridded typeface Reloj (2014). [Google]
Pablo Nicolas Gavilanes Bourgeat
During his graphic design studies in Quito, Ecuador, Pablo Nicolas Gavilanes Bourgeat created the modular display typeface Nonchalant (2012). [Google]
Pastaza Type is located in Puyo, Ecuador. It groups the Casco brothers, Juan, Eduardo and Luis, as well as Javier Villamil and Danny Fiallos. Pastaza designed the free dingbat fonts Papa Roach (2010) and Telefonica (2010). Other faces from 2010 include Punkstoric (by Javier Villamil), Punk (2009, Mexican or Inca ornamental caps by Jinso Elmalo), and Spoonge Punk (by Valeria Herrera). In 2011, they made Wires, and Cowboys. [Google]
Cuenca, Ecuador-based designer of the Pre-Columbian art typeface Dragonart (2014). [Google]
Rodrigo Bento d'Almeida
Graphic designer from Mompiche, Ecuador. He created an octagonal display face called Mompiche (2009). [Google]
Designer in Guayaquil, Ecuador. He created the straight-edged display face Sant Serif (2011). Home page. [Google]
Sharp & Type
Typefoundry set up by Juan Casco (Puyo, Ecuador) in 2013. Its typefaces as of 2014 include Jeniffer Script (a vampire script), Darkshire JZ (by Jeniffer Zuñiga), Frozen Script (by Juan Casco), Tramonta, Elrie Roman, Linexter (by Juan Casco), Refugiatta Bold. [Google]
Support Against Gender Violence
Guayaquil, Ecuador-based designer of the grungy typeface Gender Violence (2014). [Google]
Tipos Latinos Ecuador
Tipos Latinos Ecuador, as of 2010: Esteban Salgado, Silvia Noriega, Andrés Salgado, Ana Lucía Garcés, Galo Carrión, Pablo Ramos, Jaime Nuñez del Arco, Helena Malo, Carmen de la Cerda. [Google]
Designer at Pastaza Type in Ecuador of the nice outlined hand-printed face Spoonge Punk (2010) and of the curly script face Cachuelin (2011). [Google]
Vanessa Zuniga (Amuki) is a graphic designer in Loja, Ecuador. She created the experimental face Pacha (2010), which is based on old Indian patterns. Lineas Y Puntos is a bribeware display typeface created in 2014.
Amaru Creador won an award at Tipos Latinos 2014.
Behance link. [Google]