Hanoded is the foundry (est. 2010) of Dutch designer and photographer David Kerkhoff, b. Epe / Vaassen, 1969. In its first year, Hanoded was a free font outfit specializing in handwriting and hand-printed typefaces. Its creations could be seen at Dafont, Abstract Fonts and Fontspace. Fontspring link. Klingspor link.
In 2011, he went partially commercial via MyFonts. His typefaces became more diversified and are quite stunning at times:
- A: Aardvark Dreams (2016), Abeille (2016), Abelia (2015), Abysmal Gaze (2011. scratchy face), Aceituna (2018), Adagietto (2018), Aderyn (2012: a poster family), Aeronic (2015, based on a 1937 Japanese poster for Nikke Coat by Japanese print artist Gihachiro Okuyama (1907-1981)), Aficionado (2019), After Nightfall (2018: spooky), Aiguille (2018), Aint Nothing Fancy (2010). All Over Again (2010), All Over Again All Caps (2010), Allez Hop (2011), Ambleside (2018: a fun scratchy curly script), Ambrosine (2017), Americain (2012, constructivist), American Grunge (2015), Amoebica (2014), Andorra Script (2014), Antisocial Behavior (2010), Antidote (2016, 3d and hand-crafted), Apex Brush (2019), Appelstroop (2016), Arancello (2018, a connected didone), Artful Dodger (2012, a grungy Clarendon), AshesToAshes (2010), Ashtanga (2013, curly caps), Astromonkey (2016), Atonement (2018: a great irregular inky script), Attaboy (2016, dry brush), Attention Seeker (2017), Au Revoir (2012), Autumn Voyage (2017), Avontuur (2017), Awesome Sauce (2019).
- B: Backyard Hero (2018), Badehaus (2015, an art npuveau typeface modeled after the lettering on the Thermal Badehaus in Bad Neuenahr, Germany), Bad Medicine (2017), BadPaintjob (2010), Bakeapple (2019), Balagan (2010), Bandolina (2014), Band Wagon (2018: Western), Baznat (2010), Beanstalker (2018), Bearskin (2019), BehindDirtyBlinds (2010), DK Bergelmir (2014), Bergie Seltzer (2019), Betula (2018), Bintang (2016), Bitterbrush (2018), Bitumen (2017), Blabbermouth (2018), Black Bamboo (2014), Black Cluster (2018), Black Mark (2012, a heavy brush face), Blackminster (2017: blackletter), Bladesmith (2018), Blauhaus (2015, a rounded organic monoline Bauhaus), Bloemgracht (2014, Dutch deco), Bloomer (2019), Blueberry Jam (2016), Boarding House (2017), Bocadillo (2016, brush script), Bodiam (2016, beatnik style), Bombay Blue (2014, hand-crafted poster font), Blue Sheep (2016, comic book style), Bogeyman (2019), Boris Brush (2016), Borrowdale (2016, a crayon font), Bottle Brush (2017, dry brush), Bottle Shop Faded (2010), Bratislava (2015), Breadcrumbs (2019), Breakfast Noodles (2020), Brochette (2019), Bronwen (2018: a vampire or bewitched font), Brushcrazy (2019), Brush Crush (2016), Buckthorn (2017, grungy), Bugbear (2019: a cartoon font), Bunny Daydream (2020), Bupkis (2017), Breakfast Burrito (2015), Brooklyner (2013: an art deco caps typeface based on the typeface used for The Brooklynite, a magazine from the 1920's), Brouillard (2017), Brushzilla (2017), Bullet in your Head (2010), Bumper Sticker (2020), Bungehuis (2015, Dutch deco after the lettering on a building in Amsterdam, 1931), Buntaro, Burobu (a blobby typeface), Business As Usual (2011, scratchy), Buttered Toast (2015), Butterfly Ball (2014), Bygone (2017, brush font).
- C: Cadora Woods (2020), Caerphilly (2018), Caffe Lungo (2019), Camping Holiday (2018: comic book style), Canned Whale (2012, outlined and hand-printed), Canoodle (2016), Capricious (2020: a dry brush font), Carambola (art deco sans), Carbonara (2011, grungy typewriter), Carpe Noctem (2017, a haunted font), Carrot Juice (2017), Carte Blanche (2012, a gorgeous arched / sketched caps face), Castanea (2012, a painter's font), Castle On The Hill (2017), Castlerigg (2020), Celluloid Bliss (2010), Cerulean Blue (2018), Chalkaholic (2018), Charons Obol (2011, scary brush face), Cheat Sheet (2013, handwritten), Checkout (2015, a basic supermarket script), Cherubina (2016, beatnik style), Chewy Caramel (2020), Chillerz (2020), Chilly Cherry (2018), China Syndrome (2019: a brush-lettered typeface), Chocolatte (2016), Chunky Chicken (2013), Cinnamon Swirl (2016, curly lettering), Cinnabar Brush (2016), DK Clair de Lune (2012, an exquisite curly poster font), Clochard (funky quirky lettering), Closet Skeleton (a scary font based on the cover of the 1946 book De Sprookjeshoorn by Anton Eijkens (1920-2012)), Clootie (2020), Coal Brush (2016), Coconut Punch (2018, dry brush), Codswallop (2011, fat hand-printed), DK Coliseu (2014, art deco), Colporteur (2017), Combustible (2017), Compagnon (2017), Concertina (2018), Cookie Crumble (2019: beatnik style), Cookie Supply (2019), DK Cool Crayon, Cool Daddy (2017, bubblegum font), Coquillage (2017), Corner Shop Chique (2010), Cortese (2016: an interlocking letter poster font based on a 1971 Italian movie poster for La Morte Cammina Con I Tacchi Alti directed by Luciano Ercoli), Cosmo Stitch (2015), Couldnt be bothered (2010), Courant (2011, grungy blackletter), Cover Up (2017), Crayon Crumble (2011, chalk face), Crayon En Folie (2016, a crayon or chalk typeface), DK Crayonista (2012), Crimson Skyline (2019), Criss Cross (2011), Crocodile Feet (2018: beatnik style), Crowbar (2017), Crowfeather (2018), Crowd Funded (2018), Crypt (2016), Cry Wolf (2017), Cubissimo (2013, a cubist geometric font inspired by a 1929 poster advertising a museum exhibition), Cul de Sac (2010, 3d outline face, hand-printed and sketched), Cut Along (2017: a paper cutout typeface), Cykelsmed (2018).
- D: Daitengu (2020), Dapplegrim (2018), Darker Marker (2016), Darkness Rising (2018), Deco Pimp (2011), Delivery Note (2019), Demagogue (2020), Die Bruecke (2013, a woodblock printing emulation typeface named after the Die Brücke movement), Dinosaur Cake (2018), Dirrrty (2016, a grungy brush font), DK Allez Hop (2011), Discolicious (2017), Display Patrol (2017), Don Quixote (2011. nice grunge calligraphic hand), DK Dortmunder Ecke (2015, inspired by cubism), Doubledecker (2019), Double Quick (2014), Douceur (2014, a blackboard bold / tattoo script), Downhill Dive (2019), Down The Wall (2017), Downward Fall (2014, a rough brush), Dragonblood (2015), Dragon Spell (2017, drawn with Chinese ink), Drawing Blood (2010), Dreadnought (2014, brush face), Drop Dead Gorgeous (an all caps brush typeface), Dubbel Zout.
- E: Early Morning Coffee (2012), Earworm (2018), Elbow Grease (2017), Element 120 (2018, a hand-drawn Ultra Bodoni), Endgame (2019), Entourage (2017), Ersatz Quality (2010), Erstwhile (2019), Evil Laughter (2019: a typewriter font with blood drips).
- F: Face Your Fears (2011), Face Your Fears II (2015), FairNSquare (2010), Fairy Godmother (2018), Fallout Font (2010), Fantastique (2012, a 3d hand-printed caps face), Fat Little Piggy (2010), Father Frost (2012), Fearsome (2018), Fictional Friend (2019), Fiebiger Eins (2013, an art nouveau / arts & crafts typeface after a 1908 poster by Franz Fiebiger), Fiebiger Zwei (2013), Fingerfood (2018), Flagellum Dei (2016, a rough brush script), Fleabitten (2019), Fledermaus (2012: Fledermaus ("bat") was a cabaret theater from Vienna. The original Jugendstil decor was designed by Josef Hoffman and several posters, advertising performances, were designed by other members of the Vienna Workshop. The Fledermaus font was based on a 1907 poster by Bertold Löffler.; the missing glyphs were created by Kerkhoff), Flying Saucer (2019), Follow The Light (2018), Food Truck (2016, vernacular style), Forgotten Dream (2020: a heavy brush typeface), DK Formosa (2012), Framboisier (2017), Frozen Memory (2017), Full Blast (2017: dry brush), Funky Flamingo (2018).
- G: Galangal (a phenomenal poster typeface that plays on thick and thin, in the style of Horst Caps), Gallows Hill (2019), Gamboge (2017), Garden Bed (2016, a fat brush font), Garden Gnome (2016), Genki Desu (2019: comic book style), Gerards Gold (2010, script face), Getaway Car (2019). Ghost Reverie (2010, a scratchy family), Gingerline (2018), Glitter Candy (2018), Gobsmacked (2019: dry brush style), Goodie Bag (2019), Grafiker (2013, a brush typeface loosely based on the work of designers Oskar Kokoschka (1886-1980) and Jean Carlu (1900-1997)), Greyfriars (2017, a hand-drawn Baskerville), Griezelig (2019: eerie), Grigory (2017), Gritstomper (2020), Grumpy Tiger (2017), Guerilla Handshake (2017), Guilty Pleasure (2019: a fat brush font), Gulag Decay (2010), Gumbo (2019), Gumboots (2020).
- H: Halewyn (2017), Hangmans Delight (2016), Hanoded Hand (2010), Hanoded-Heavy (2010), Harajuku Script (2017), Harimau (2012, a rounded children's book font), Harimau Dua (2015), Harrumph (2011, a fat poster lettering family), Hasty Tasty (2011), HaraldRunicDEMO (2010), Headlock (2017), Heartsome (2020), Heckel (2013, a German expressionist hand-drawn typeface based on the handwriting of Erich Heckel (1883-1970), a founding member of Die Brücke, a group of German expressionist), Hedgehog Hans (2012, comic book typeface), Henceforth (2017), Hex (2012), Hexenhammer (2017, a font for witches and vampires), Hey Comrade (2016: a messy script font made with a bamboo satay skewer), Hieratic Numerals (2010), High Tea (2012), Himawari Script (2019), DK Himmelblau (2012, art nouveau font based on a poster from 1902 made by the Künstlerbund Hagen), Hjem (2019), Hobgoblin (2014), Hofstad (2014, after an art deco typeface used by poster designer John Lavies), Hokitika (2014, art deco), Homeward Bound (2017, a grungy slab serif), Honey Dew (2016), Honeyguide (2017), Huggin and Muninn (2012, script face), Hungry Zombie (2020), Hummus Chips Salat (2010), Hyggelig (2015), Hyldemoer (2018).
- I: Ice Cream Man (2018), Inky Fingers (2013, a fat finger font), Innuendo (2015), Interstellar Erosion (2010), DK Insomniac (2015), Instant Harmony (2019), Irena (2016, a cubist/expressionist font inspired by Czech type designer Vojtech Preissig), Ishtar (2012: spooky brush font).
- J: Jalebi (2015), Jambo (2014, bouncy and funky), Joe Schmoe (2011, hand-printed), John Brown (2016), Jubileum (2013), Just Before Liposuction (2010).
- K: Kabouter (2019), Kaikoura (2014, art deco), Kandij (2020), Kapsalon (2019, +Pencil, +Brush), Katzenjammer (2015), Kempoka (2014, brush script), Kerberos Fang (2011), Keswick (2013, a lipstick font created using a 6B pencil), Ketimun (2019), Kingsmead Script (2020), Fat Kitty Kat (2013), DK Koerier (2014, a 3d outlined typeface), Knockdown (2016, brush style), Knucklebones (2017), Kodama Forest (2017, Treefrog style), Kokomo (2012, 3d and outlined), Kolkata Hotelroom (2010), Komsomol (2014: was modeled on several Soviet propaganda posters and anmed after the youth division of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, the Komsomol, or Kommunisticheskii Soyuz Molodyozhi), Konditorei (2018), Koshatnik (2011, all caps brush face), Kubikajiri (2011, an India ink brush face), DK Kundalini (2013, curly), Kunstschau (2012: a beautiful poster font that was modeled on a stamp, designed by Austrian artist Bertold Löffler, for the Kunstschau 1908 exhibition in Vienna), Kurkuma (2013, a wonderful poster caps face), Kuroneko (2019), Kusukusu (2011, hand-printed), Kwark (2013: a 3d poster font).
- L: Lampion (2012, a condensed unicase hand-drawn face), Leakage (2010, ink splash face), Languedoc (2016), Larks Tongues (2017), Lazy Morning (2020), Leftover Crayon (2017), Lemon Yellow Sun (2014), Lenox Avenue (2017, after Studio Handbook Letter And Design For Artists And Advertisers by Samuel Welo), Lille Snemand (2015), DK Limoen (2012, shadow outline face), Liquid Amber (2018), Liquid Embrace (2015, a brush font), Little Boy Blue (2016), Lokomotiv (2012, an art deco caps typeface based on poster for the 1930 Geneva Motor Show), Longreach (2018), DK Louise (2012, art deco, cubist: based on the art of Louise Marie (lou) Loeber, a Dutch painter), Lucky Goldfish, Lunisolar (2017).
- M: Maduki (2013), Majolica (2014, art deco), Magical Brush (2017), DK Mama Bear (2012), Mandarin Whispers (2017, a brush font actually made by a marker pen), Mandolin (2014), Mango Smoothie (2015), Mariken (2017), Market Square (2017, vernacular style; +Market Square Marker), Mary Ate a Little Lamb (2010), Mayonaise (2011), Meshuggeneh (2013---crazy fool on Yiddish; a twisted 3d typeface), Midnight Chalker (2016, a chalk or crayon font), Midnight Hour (2011), Midnight Sun (2019), Millefeuille (2017), Mind Boggle (2020), Minehead (2020), Modern Fantasy (2020), Moi Non Plus (2011), Minou (2018), Momotaro (2015, a fun rough brush script), DK Monsieur Le Chat (2012, curly face---can't wait for Madame La Chatte...), Montello (2018), Moonlight Serenade (2016), Moonlight Shadow (2010, a nice scribbly pair of fonts), More Or Less (2016), Morgenfrisk (2017), Mortal Coil (2020: a dry brush font), Mosca (2013), Mothman (2011, a spooky scratchy face), Motley Crew (2016), Mr Stickman (2015, funny dingbats), Mulhouse (2019), Mysterious (2017).
- N: Nakata (2012, a great notebook style script), Nanuk (2013, an outlined 3d typeface), Nefarious (2019: a great Halloween font), Neuer Weltschmerz (2019: a rounded sans), Neues Bauen (2011), New Beginnings (2016), Nightbird (2011, blood drip face), Northumbria (2012: modeled on original 7th and 8th century monastic gospel books from Northern England), Notaris (2015, a bouncy typeface), Nouveau Crayon (2016), Numpty (2019), DK Nutnik (2012, a mural paint font), Nuuk (2018), Nyctophobia (2010, brush face).
- O: Obrigado (2012, rounded art deco face), Odaiba Script (2019), Oei (2010), Office Squeeze (2017, a sketched font made with a Japanese brush pen), Ogenblik (2020), Oomph (2010), Okiku (2014, a scratchy poster typeface), Oranjerie (2013, poster typeface), Orenji (2016), Original Quality (2019), Otago (2014: a classic all caps art deco typeface), DK Oyuki's Ghost (2013, scratchy scary typeface made with a steel pen and Chinese Ink---the name comes from a painting by Maruyama Okyo (1733-1795), which depicts his mistress who died young. Maruyama Okyo claimed she haunted him in his sleep).
- P: Palembang (2015, a Dutch art deco typeface), Pandanus (2014), Panettone (2018: upright script), Paradise Lost (2016, created using a broken bamboo satay skewer and Chinese ink), Pardesi (2013, a fat marker pen font), Party Pocket (2019), DK Pastis (2016, a lovely hand-crafted typeface), Paviljoen (2014: Dutch art deco), Pawn Shop Pretty (2010), Peanut Crunch (2019), Perfect Day (2019), Petit Four (2015), Petit Oiseau (2013), Phantom Peach, Pigeon Post (2020), Pimpernel (2012), Pinda (2011), P.I. (2011), Pineapple Daydream (2018), Pingo (2012, display face), Pinkus (2013, a caps-only poster font), Pisang (2013, an all caps poster font), Plague Master (2016), Plakkaat (2011), Plastic Fantastic (2019: a comic book face designed to fight the overuse of plastic), Poison Ivy (2014, scratchy hand), Pondicherry (2014, a hand-sketched 3d typeface), Popty Ping (2018, beatnik style), Porcupine Pickle (2011), Primordial (2017), Prince Frog (2015, a cartoon / children's book font), Printout (2018: a sketched font), ProjectX (2010), ProjectY (2010), ProjectZ (2010), Promedanenmischung (2010), Psycho Killer (2013), Pumpkin Soup (2013: a poster typeface), Pundak (2014, all caps 3d outlined typeface), DK Pusekatt (2013).
- Q: DK Qilin (2014: a great inky font), Quatrain (a hand-drawn didone), Quid Pro Quo (2011, scratchy calligraphic), Quilted Butterfly (2010), Quite Something (2018), QuoVadisQuasimodo (2010).
- R: Rabbit Escape (2016), Rabbit on the Moon (2011, children's typeface), Radical Brush (2019), Rainclouds (2020), Rainforest (2010), Ramkoers (2018), Raspberry Sherbet (2020), Rat Infested Mailbox (2010), Ravenheart (2017, Treefrog or Ralph Steadman style: scary and inky), Ravenstonedale (2018: based on a number of handwritten letters by English author D.H. Lawrence), Reality Check (2019), Rearview Mirror (2018), Redcurrant (2020), Reluctant Aviator (2020), Republica Banana (2019), Retch (2013, frightening scratchy script), Retrouvailles (2018), Return Policy (2018), Roskilde (2018), Rosy Lee (2016), Rotorua (2014, art deco), Roughcast (2020: an all caps brush typeface), Rough Patch (2017), Rough Therapy (2019), Route Du Soleil (2018), Ruby Red (2015, brush style), Rum Doodle (2013), Rumpelstiltskin (2011, comic book family), Runaround Kid (2018), Runic Series [Gunfjaun Runic (2010), Modraniht Runic (2010), Leakage (2010), Hyrrokkin Runic (2010), Harald Runic (2010). Gunnar Runic (2010), Nidhogg Runic (2010), Nippon Note (2016), Skraeling Runic (2010), Sleipnir Runic (2010), Tjelvar Runic (2010), Yggdrasil Runic (2010), Graip Runic (2010), Fenrir Runic (2010), Beowulf Runic (2010)], Running Hipster (2016), Rusty Cage (2011).
- S: Saffron Walden (great fattish inky brush script), Same Same but Different (2010), DK Samhain (2012, dry brush face), Sammy Boy (2011, fat poster face), Sanseki (2016, Chinese ink brush script named after Sanseki, a Japanese term used to describe three famous Heian period calligraphers: Yaseki, Gonseki and Saseki), Satsuma (2013, a poster face), Saturday Sunday Monday (2010), Scapegoat (2018), Scrawlerz (brush script), Scratch Up (2018), Scrawny Cat (2016, a brush and China ink typeface), Scribble Note (2020), Scribbler (2015), Scurvy Dog (2011, scratchy hand), Secret Diary (2013: hand-printed), Semarang (2015, an art deco sans), Senko Hanabi (2020), Sensory Overload (brushed typeface), Seven Seas (2018: a curly script), Shadowfield (2018), Shaken Not Stirred (2015), Sheepman (2012), Shesek (2011, a fat finger face), Shibby (2019), Shinano (2017, made using a Japanese brush), Shoganai (2019), Sibylle (2018: dry brush), Silent Echo (2018), Single Malta (2010), Sirius B (2013, poster font), Skeletal Wish (2019: an inky brush script), Sketchy Smiley (2010, smilies), Sketchy Smiley II (2012), Skratch (2010, broken glass face), Skulduggery (2019), Sleepy Time (2013, hand-printed), Sleight of Hand (2010), Slipstream Sweetheart (2010), Slivowitz (2017), Smiling Cat (2017), Smooth Brushings (2016), Smurrie (2016), Snemand (2013, a poster titling typeface), Snippity Snap (2015, paper cut typeface), Sobriquet (2012: a wonderful antique poster face), Soerabaja (2017, all caps Dutch art deco), Sound Bubble (2020), Souplesse (2013), Southside Fizz (2017, hand-crafted art deco), Southwark (2017: sketched), Spaghetti And Cheese (2017), Spandau (art deco), Spiced Pumpkin (2016), Spiderlegs (2011, Spinnenkop (2018: a curly vampire script), Spinwash (2019), Spiraling Down (2019), Splinterhand (2017), Spoonbread (2020), Spring Chicken (2019), Springwood (2019), Springwood Display (2019), SquareOne (2010), SquareOneGrunge (2010), Squint (2013, squarish), Starlight Lovers (2016), Statendam (2014, caps only Dutch art deco influenced by interbellum ads for the Holland America Line), Sticky Toffee (2017), Struffoli (2017), Studio Brush (2019), Suco de Laranja (2012), Sugarloaf (2018), Sumida Script (2019), Sunbird (2019), Summer Romance, SundayMonday (2010), Sugary Pancake (2016), Superbrush (2017, a Great Chinese ink brush font), Sushi Bar (2016, dry brush), Sweet Lemon (2018: paper cutout type), Sweet Steeffie (2010), Sibylle (2018: Japanese brush), Symbolic Prophecy (2020: a dry brush typeface), Symptomatic (2018: brush script), Syphon Spritz (2010, a great curly script; a Pro version appeared in 2010 at CheapProFonts).
- T: Takeshi (2019), Tartufo (sketched font), Teacup (2017), Tequileria (2016), That Little Piggy (2010), Technojunk (2014, 3d squarish hand-drawn typeface), Tenterhooks (2019), The Cats Whiskers (2016), Terpentijn (2017, grungy), Thievery (2012, curly script), Third Time Lucky (2019), This Little Piggy (2010), Toadstool (2017), Tobu (2014), Tombouctou (2019), Tompouce (2017), <Tokeh (2019), Tough Cookie (2018), Tournedos (2019), Toverheks (2016, a bewitched typeface), Traiectum (2017, a messy roman caps typeface based on Goudy Old Style), Treppenwitz (2018), Trashtype (2011, grungy), Trained Monkey (2017, a cartoon font), Tripping on Acid (2010), Trollslayer (2011, brush face), Troutbeck (2020), Twelve Weeks Pregnant (2010), Twirrewyn (2018), Twisted System (2018), Tzeva Tari (2010, grunge Hebrew).
- U: Udon Soup (2018), Ugh (2010), Umbilical Noose (2014, a rough brush), Umbrella Man (2019: dry brush), Uncle Edward, Uncle Oscar (2016, a crayon font), Under My Umbrella (2018), Understory (2019).
- V: Vegetability (2020), Ventana (2013, created using Chinese ink and a bamboo pen), Vermilion (2013, hand-printed poster face), DK Viareggio (2012, an art deco font Viareggio is based on the handlettering found on a 1931 poster, advertising the carnival of Viareggio), Vienna Workshop (2012, an art nouveau typeface based on some of the artwork produced by Vienna Workshop artists, in particular that of Koloman Moser), Visum (2014), Vlinder (2017), Vox Populi (2012, an ancient parchment look font).
- W: Waiting For My Girl (2019), Wandering Pencil (2020), Warpspeed (2010), Wayang (2013, influenced by Indonesian puppets), Wayland (2018), Weekend Warrior (2010), Weeping Willow (2018), Welt Schmerz (2012, a post-art nouveau typeface based on a 1910 poster from Austria), WetDream (2010), Whalebone (2020), Whale Song (2017), Whatnot (2013), Whynot (2014), Widdershins (2018), Wild Bunch (2015: Western font), WindshieldMassacre, Wintanceastre (2018: an uncial based on a 10th century Latin manuscript), Winterberry (2017: a messy script), With A Twist (2011), Woebegone (2018).
- X: Xanthine (2017, a messy brush type).
- Y: Yellow Balloon (2013, a fat poster face), Yuge (2020), Yuli (2014).
- Z: Zealand (2017, sketched), Zeebonk (2013, a tattoo font), Zesty Lime (2016, brush font), Zombie Starfish (2017), Zonnig (2011).
P22 Type Foundry
Richard Kegler's fun Buffalo-based foundry, which he founded in 1995 together with his wife, Carima El-Behairy. Currently, on staff, we find type designers James Grieshaber and Christina Torre. In 2004, it acquired Lanston Type. P22 has some great unusual, often artsy, fonts.
The fonts are: Industrial Design (an industrial look font based on letters drawn by Joseph Sinel in the 1920s---this font is free!), LTC Jefferson Gothic Obliquie (2005, free), Sinel (free), P22Snowflakes (free in 2003 and P22 Snowflakes (retail) in 2020, finishedd by Richard Kegler and Terry Wüdenbachs), Acropolis Now (1995, a Greek simulation typeface done with Michael Want), P22 Albers (1995; based on alphabets of Josef Albers made between 1920 and 1933 in the Bauhaus mold), Arts and Crafts (based on lettering of Dard Hunter, early 1900s, as it appeared in Roycroft books), Ambient, Aries (2004, based on Goudy's Aries), Arts and Crafts ornaments, Atomica, Bagaglio, P22 Basel Roman (2020, Richard Kegler: an update of a 2015 typeface, P22 Basel, based on a garalde font used by Johannes Herbst (aka Ioannes Oporinus) in 1543 to publish Andreas Vesalius' On the Fabric of the Human Body (De humani corporis fabrica) in Basel), Bauhaus (Bauhaus fonts based on the lettering of Herbert Bayer), Bifur (2004, Richard Kegler, after the 1929 original by Cassandre), Blackout, P22 Brass Script Pro (2009, Richard Kegler; based on an incomplete script fond in a booklet from Dornemann&Co. of Magdeburg Germany, ca. 1910 entitled Messingschriften für Handvergoldung; for years, P22 and MyFonts claimed that Michael Clark co-designed this, but Michael does not want any credit, as he did only about 20 letters), Cage (based on handwriting and sketches of the American experimental composer John Cage), P22 Casual Script (2011, Richard Kegler, a digitization of letters by sign painter B. Boley, shown in Sign of the Times Magazine), Cezanne (Paul Cezanne's handwriting, and some imagery; made for the Philadelphia Museum of Art), Child's Play, Child's Play Animals, Child's Play Blocks, Constructivist (Soviet style lettering emulating the work of Rodchenko and Popova), Constructivist extras, Czech Modernist (based on the design work of Czech artist Vojtech Preissig in the 20s and 30s), Daddy-o (Daddy-o Beatsville was done in 1998 with Peter Reiling), Daddy-o junkie, Da Vinci, Destijl (1995, after the Dutch DeStijl movement, 1917-1931, with Piet Mondrian inspired dingbats; weights include Extras, P22 Monet Impressionist (1999), Regular and Tall), Dinosaur, Eaglefeather, Escher (based on the lettering and artwork of M.C. Escher), P22 FLW Exhibition, P22 FLW Terracotta, Folk Art (based on the work of German settlers in Pennsylvania), Il futurismo (after Italian Futurism, 1908-1943), Woodtype (two Tuscan fonts and two dingbats, 2004), P22 Woodcut (1996, Richard Kegler: based on the lettering carved out in wood by German expressionists such as Heckel and Kirchner), Garamouche (2004, +P22 Garamouche Ornaments; all co-designed with James Grieshaber), GD&T, Hieroglyphic, P22 Infestia (1995), Insectile, Kane, Kells (1996, a totally Celtic family, based on the Book of Kells, 9th century; the P22 Kells Round was designed with David Setlik), Koch Signs (astrological, Christian, medieval and runic iconography from Rudolf Koch's The Book of Signs), P22 Koch Nueland (2000), Larkin (2005, Richard Kegler, 1900-style semi-blackletter), London Underground (Edward Johnston's 1916 typeface, produced in an exclusive arrangement with the London Transport Museum; digitized by Kegler in 1997, and extended to 21 styles in 2007 by him as P22 Underground Pro, which includes Cyrillic and Greek and hairline weights), Pan-Am, Parrish, Platten (Richard Kegler; revised in 2008 by Colin Kahn as P22 Platten Neu; based on lettering found in German fountain pen practice books from the 1920s), P22 Preissig (and P22 Preissig Calligraphic, 2019), Prehistoric Pals, Petroglyphs, Rodin / Michelangelo, Stanyan Eros (2003, Richard Kegler), Stanyan Autumn (2004, based on a casual hand lettering text created by Anthony Goldschmidt for the deluxe 1969 edition of the book "...and autumn came" by Rod McKuen; typeface by Richard Kegler), Vienna, Vienna Round, Vincent (based on the work of Vincent Van Gogh), Way out West. Now also Art Nouveau Bistro, Art Nouveau Cafe and the beautiful ornamental font Art Nouveau Extras (all three by Christina Torre, 2001), the handwriting family Hopper (Edward, Josephine, Sketches, based on the handwriting styles of quintessential American artist Edward Hopper and his wife, Josephine Nivison Hopper, and was produced in conjunction with the Whitney Museum of American Art), Basala (by Hajime Kawakami), Cusp (by James Grieshaber), P22 Dearest (calligraphic, by Christina Torre), Dwiggins (by Richard Kegler), Dyrynk Roman and Italic (2004, Richard Kegler, after work by Czech book artist Karel Dyrynk), Gothic Gothic (by James Grieshaber), La Danse (by Gábor Kóthay;), Mucha (by Christina Torre), Preissig Lino (by Richard Kegler), P22Typewriter (2001, Richard Kegler, a distressed typewriter font), the William Morris set (Morris Troy, Morris Golden, Morris Ornaments, based up the type used by William Morris in his Kelmscott Press; 2002), Art Deco Extras (2002, Richard Kegler, James Grieshaber and Carima El Behairy), Art Deco Display, the Benjamin Franklin revival font Franklin's Caslon (2006), Dada (2006) and the Art Nouveau font Salon (bu Christina Torre).
In 2006, Kegler added Declaration, a font set consisting of a script (after the 1776 declaration of independence), a blackletter, and 56 signatures. Many of the fonts were designed or co-designed by Richard Kegler. International House of Fonts subpage. Lanston subpage (offerings as of 2005: Bodoni Bold, Deepdene, Flash, Fleurons Granjon, Fleurons Garamont, Garamont, Goudy Thirty, Jacobean Initials, Pabst, Spire).
Bio and photo.
In-house fonts made in 2008 include Circled Caps, the Yule family (Regular, Klein Regular, Light Flurries, Heavy, Klein heavy, Heavy Snow, Inline; all have Neuland influences). Kegler / P22 created a 25-set P22 Civilité family in 2009 based on a 1908 publication from Enshedé, the 1978 English translation by Harry Carter, and a 1926 specimen also from Enshedé.
P22 Declaration (Script, Signatures, Blackletter, 2009) is based on the lettering used in the 1776 Declaration of Independence.
At ATypI 2004 in Prague, Richard spoke about Vojtech Preissig. Speaker at ATypI 2010 in Dublin, where he presented Making Faces: Metal Type in the 21st Century about which he writes: This film has the dual aim of documenting the almost-lost skill of creating metal fonts and of capturing the personality and work process of the late Canadian graphic artist Jim Rimmer (1931-2010). P22 type foundry commissioned Mr. Rimmer to create a new type design (Stern) that became the first-ever simultaneous release of a digital font and hand-set metal font in 2008. At ATypI 2011 in Reykjavik, he showed Making Faces.
Typefaces from 2014: LTC Archive Ornaments (Richard Kegler and Miranda Roth).
Typefaces from 2020: Showcard Script (by Terry Wüdenbachs, based on an original of Beaufont at the Hamilton Wood Type Museum, custom designed by the Morgan Sign Machine Company of Chicago).
View Richard Kegler's typefaces. View the IHOF / P22 typeface library. [Google]