| || |
Padang, Indonesia-based student-designer of the rope font Pilin (2015). [Google]
Anke van der Meer
[PCCrafter.com (was: Provo Craft)]
Floridian creator of the rope font Bomdiggity (2013). [Google]
Foundry in Wichita, KS, founded in 1999 by Nathan Williams (b. Concordia, KS, 1973), formerly from the University of Kansas Art Museum Library. Its motto: The goal of the foundry is to provide uninterpreted revivals of type samples generated through disappearing printing methods, and create new fonts for dissemination in the type community. Order through MyFonts.Com or Union Fonts or Creative Market. FontShop link. Klingspor link.
- The Rodeo family of wood type fonts: 66 Rodeo, 57 Rodeo, 58 Rodeo (2003), Rodeo Rope, Rodeo Rope Superchunk.
- The Tuscan family: Tuscan (2003, a wild west face). To this group we can add the Tuscan typeface Circus KS (2006).
- Egyptians: Grit Gothic (2013), Grit Sans (2013), Heirloom Artcraft (2013), Worn Gothic (2013), Stately GG (2013), Grit Egyptienne (2005, grunge Egyptian family), Rough Egyptienne (2005).
- Grunge typefaces: Antimony (2005, grunge), Dryden (distressed handwritten face).
- Old typewriter fonts: Slab American Regular (old typewriter), Slab American Titling, Slab American Titling Heavy (2002). Slab American has 55 styles.
- Art nouveau typefaces: Old Paris Nouveau (2003).
- Pixelish typefaces: Base PXL7, 80s PXL Bold.
- Display Sans: Maxime (2004, having support for most European languages; Maxime Shadow is available at FontShop), Woodgrit Thin (based on 19th century American letterpress fonts), Woodgrit Medium, Woodgrit Heavy, Pippen (squarish).
- Calligraphic: Roundhand Regular.
- Victorian: Boback.
- The Grit family: Grit History (2003-2004), Grit Primer (2003), Grit Egyptienne, Grit Typesorts (2006, free).
- The Old Times American family (+Italic, +Titling).
- Pia Regular.
- Kandt: the handwriting of legendary designer and art director James Kandt; 4 styles.
- AVI Sans.
- Country Fang (2003, with Brian Miller).
- Craft Roman
- Licious Script.
- Luxe (2003, casual).
- Momentum (2002).
- George Gibson (handwriting from mid 1800s).
- Dingbats: Megaflakes 2010 (2010) and Megaflakes 2011 (2011).
- Sketchwriter (2011).
- Dusty Circus (2011) is a five-layer stacking display face designed to be infinitely morphed. It is a prototypical member of that old western circus font genre.
- Bobbi Bee (2013). A connected script.
During his studies in Curitiba, Brazil, Caio Oliveira created the rope font Navy (2014). [Google]
Beirut-based graphic and web designer who created Lashing Knots (2013), a Latin rope font. [Google]
Art director in Santa Fe, Mexico, who designed the knotted rope-themed dingbat font Nudista in 2016. [Google]
[Herbert F. Van Brink]
Prolific Woodland Hills, CA-based typophile and type designer (1937-2013) whose portfolio consisted largely of revivals and who used the alias Character for his typographic work. The Los Angeles Times posted this obituary: Herb passed away after a brief fight against esophageal cancer. He was a 42 year resident of Woodland Hills Ca. Son of the late Jean and Mary Van Brink, he was born in Manhattan, graduated from Stuyvesant High School (1952) and Queens College (1956) and always considered himself a New Yorker. He had a long career in Information Technology and retired from Arco. He loved traveling, bowling, genealogy, and was a bridge Life Master among his many interests. He was a trickster and a perfectionist. He leaves his wife, Paula, his son, David Van Brink and DIL Deb Culmer of Santa Cruz CA, his daughter Qarin Van Brink and SIL James Ray of Burien WA, grandchildren Amelia and Wilhelmina Ray Van Brink, brother and sister-in-law Jeffrey and Louise Van Brink of E. Northport NY and nephews Matthew and Jordan Van Brink.
- Animal dingbat fonts: AbecedarianZoo (2003, created from an alphabet in Art Explosion 200,000), Turf&surf (2005).
- Alphadings: Jennifer's train (2011), ABCPlay (2005), DiddleTheMouse (2005), Silly Set (2005), Stone Carving (2005), Snow Persons (2005), Alaskan Ice (2005), Peppermin Canes (2005), USStarsNStripes (2003, first called USFlags), XmasTree (2002), XmasTree II (2004), Xmas Alpha (2005).
- Erotic alphabets: Flotner (2002, based on a scan of the human character alphabet by Peter Flötner (1534)), SilvestreBodies (2006, based on a figurative alphabet designed by Joseph Balthazar Silvestre in 1834, with engravings made by Girault), ErotiCaps Outline (2007), ErotiCaps Solid (2007), WeygelBodies (2006, adapted from Martin Weygel's 1560 interpretation of Peter Flotner's 1534 figurative alphabet).
- Stained glass themed fonts: ModernStainedGlass (2007), ModernStainedGlass2Tone (2007).
- Capital alphabets: Cameo Antique (2011, after Cameo Antique on page 17 of The Solotype Catalog of 4,147 Display Typefaces---a shadowed outline version of the typeface called NightShade, on the same page of Dan Solo's book; the only known digitized fonts of NightShade are "Shadowed Serif" by James Fordyce (1994) and NigelSadeSH, from Soft Horizons (1993)), Modern French Capitals (2010, after a set of capitals drawn by Alphonse Mucha), Mucha French Capitals (2010, similar?), Marcel Caps (2007; based on "Crossroads" by August Will (1891)), WoodLook (2007, an improvement of 101's Wooden Alpha BlockZ), 3DAlphabet (2008, based on an alphabet coloring book designed by Jean Larcher, 1978), RomantiqueInitials (2007, based on work by Aridi), Blistered, BlisteredFramed, BlisteredReverse (2005, based on Marwan Aridi's Blister from the Initial Caps Vol I), ChiseledRound, Contemporary CH (2010), CourierInitials (2005, based on an alphabet by Johan)), Eclectica (2003, party-theme), FeathersInYourCaps (2002), FlowerSketches (2002), LACETRIM (2002), LeafyStencil (2003), QuiltedStippled (2004, based on an embroidery alphabet created by DesignsInStitches), RetroCapsBW (2004), RetroCapsWB (2004), Rope5 (2004, rope font), Rustic Black Shadow (2011. He explains: In the Solotype Catalog of 4,147 typefaces, RUSTIC is shown with a black shadow. RUSTIC WHITESHADOW has a white shadow. However, the Solotype digital font named RUSTIC has no shadow. Similar no-shadow fonts are also available as Pinewood (by Rick Mueller and one by Dieter Steffmann) and as Woody (by DincType). As of October, 2011, no digitized version of Rustic Whiteshadow is known. Character has produced a font named RusticBlackShadow, which matches the font named Rustic in the Solotype Catalog. Dick Pape had created an earlier version named Pepin Press Caps FA204, based on fonts contained in the Pepin Press book Fancy Alphabets. ), THINROPE (2002), VALENTINEHEARTS (2002), Printed Circuit (2005), SportsABC (2005), Feathered Flight (2005), Joe Clement (2007, Western pixel face), Ribbon Shadow (2007).
- Fonts based on scans from Awesome Alphabets (Mike Artell, 1999, Good Year): SketchBoards, SketchBones, SketchClothes, SketchLogs (2005), SketchPencils, SketchPipes, SketchTools, all done in 2005.
- Athletic lettering: Collegiate Heavy Outline (2006), Real Madrid 2011-2012 (2011, an expansion of a font by "Adriano"), The Football League (2011), Adidas Euro 2008 (2011), Puma World Cup 2010 (2010: based on Crepello, a custom-made font by Paul Barnes for Puma, that was used on the jersey of Italy, Switzerland and Uruguay during the 2010 FIFA World Cup), Adidas Unity (2010), LINKEB+Regular (2008) uses the lettering of the Geaux font used by LSU.
- Pixel or dot matrix style fonts: Dash It All (2007, based on Cooper Black), Even Hearted (2007, an improvement of CK More Hearts), Square 9x9 (2007).
- Brush typefaces: Skippingbrush (2006), GraffitiPaintBrush (2008).
- Dingbats: Being Sport Pictograms (2008).
- Scanbats: PilobusSilhouettes (2010) is based upon a human alphabet photographed by John Kane.
- Techno: BultacoDual (2010), Dr Who 42 (2007), London MMXII (2008), ArrowheadLake (2009, +Shadows, +Sunlit; based on the nearly blackletter typeface Arrowhead from the Solotype Catalog and alphabet books).
- Historic typefaces: Driftwood 67 (2011, Driftwood on page 67 of The Solotype Catalog of 4,147 Display Typefaces), ArrowheadLake and ArrowheadLakeShadows (2011, based on Solotype Catalog p.74), Cutin (2011, a simple rounded monoline sans called Cut-in Medium on page 163 of The Solotype Catalog of 4,147 Display Typefaces),Cutin (2011, a simple rounded monoline sans called Cut-in Medium on page 163 of The Solotype Catalog of 4,147 Display Typefaces), Pepin FA288 (2011, based on Matra, or Bifur, on page 54 of The Solotype Catalog of 4,147 Display Typefaces by Dan X. Solo), Varicka (2010, from "Decorative Condensed Alphabets", by Dan Solo, p. 94. It is similar to Red Rooster's Triple Gothic Condensed, but the Solo's font has different features), MaxfieldParrish140 (2007: From an incomplete (no "N") hand-drawn alphabet by Maxfield Parrish. See figure 140 of "Letters&Lettering" by Frank C. Brown, 1921. This is a different source than the P22 Parrish font family.), Ronde Antique (2009, based on page 110 of the Verlag Gerlach 1881 catalog).
- Other: Scramble Mixed (2006, scrabble face), Happy Fourth, Emperor AN (2009: this semi-art nouveau typeface is Emperor on page 42 of The Solotype Catalog of 4,147 Display Typefaces---not the same as Dan Solo's Emperor at MyFonts), Wood Gothic Caps (2011, blackletter), WoodWud (2011), Gallia Two (2010, based on a font found on page 55 of The Solotype Catalog of 4,147 Display Typefaces as Gallia No. 2), Charleston (2010, based on page 46 of The Solotype Catalog of 4,147 Display Typefaces), Azteca Regular (2010: based on Azteca Condensed by Dan X. Solo, page 74 of The Solotype Catalog of 4,147 Display Typefaces), Othello Fill and Solid (2011, derived from Othello on page 155 of The Solotype Catalog of 4,147 Display Typefaces), Sharons Shadows (2010, +Bold), Masked Menace (2012, based on Bodoni Poster).
Fontspace link. Dafont link. Fontspace link. And another one. See also at abfonts. Dafont link. [Google]
During her industrial design engineering studiers, Delft, The Netherlands-based Cynthia Ko created the rope font Forget Me Not (2016). [Google]
Photographer in Chenhassen, MN, who made a pixel typeface and Five Day Font (hand-printed: overlay of his handwriting over five consecutive days) in 2012. Personal web site. Trailhead (2012) is a pseudofont made from sticks and ropes. [Google]
Daniel U. Thibault
[Urhixidur Fonts Type Foundry]
[Dieter Steffmann's Homepage]
Dieter Steffmann's Homepage
FontShop was the name of Dieter Steffmann's foundry in Kreuztal, Germany (not to be confused with the FontShop foundry and font vendor). He made about 600 self-proclaimed "old-fashioned" fonts, and among these many Fraktur fonts. His site became too expensive to run, and is now hosted by Typoasis. Alternate URL. Current list of fonts. See also here. New stuff. Fontspace link. A nice essay about Fraktur fonts accompanies the fonts. News. As Dieter puts it: I am not a designer but I add missing letters to public domain fonts in order to get a complete character set and I hint the fonts and create new weigths (shadow, inline etc.) His Christbaumkugeln font, and how it was made. The font families:
- Acorn Initialen, Adine Kirnberg, Albert Text, Alpine, Alte Caps, Alte Schwabacher, Ambrosia, American Text, Aneirin, Angel, Anglican Text, Angular, Ann-Stone, Antique No. 14, Arabella, ArabesqueInitialen (2002), Argos George, Aristokrat Zierbuchstaben (2002), Ariston Script, Art Nouveau Initialen, Attic Antique, Augusta.
- Baldur, Ballade Halbfett (2002, a font originally designed by Paul Renner in 1937), Barock Initialen (2002), Becker, Beckett-Kanzlei, Behrens-Schrift (2002), Belshaw, Belwe (Gotisch, Vignetten), Benjamin Franklin Antique, Berlin Squiggle Condensed, Bernhard Schmalfett, Bier und Wein Vignetten (2002, also based on drawings from the Bauersche Giesserei), Billboard, Bizzaro, Black Forest Text, Blackletter ExtraBold, Blackwood Castle, Breitkopf Fraktur, Bretagne Gaelic, Brian James Bold, Bridgnorth, Broadcast Titling, Broadway Poster, Brock Script.
- Cabaret, Campanile, Camp Fire, Canterbury Old English (blackletter), Cardiff, Cardinal Anglican, Carmen, Carrick Caps, Caslon Antique, Caslon Fette Gotisch, Cavalier, Celtic Frames, Celtic Hand, Challenge, Chelsea, Chopin Script (2000, identical to Polonaise), Christbaumkugeln, Chursächsische Fraktur, Cimbrian, Circus Ornate Caps (2001, Western), Cloister Blackletter, Coaster Black, Coelnische Current Fraktur, Colchester Black, College, Courtrai, Coventry Garden, Cruickshank.
- Davy's Dingbats, Debussy, Decorated Roman Initials (2003), Deutsch Gotisch, Deutsche Zierschrift, Devinne Swash, Digits, Direction, Dobkin Script, Domino, Dover, Driftwood Caps, Due Date, Duerer Gotisch, Duo Dunkel (+Licht), Durwent.
- Easter Bunny, Easter Egg, Eckmann-Schrift, Egyptienne Zierversalien (2002), Ehmcke-FrakturInitialen, Ehmcke-Schwabacher Initialen (2002), Eichenlaub Initialen, Eileen Caps, Eisenbahn (2002, based on train vignettes at Bauersche Giesserei), Elzevier Caps, Enge Holzschrift, English Towne, Epoque, Erbar Initialen, Estelle, Evil of Frankenstein, Express.
- Faktos, Fabliaux, Fancy Card Textura, Fat Freddie, Faustus, Fenwick Woodtype, Fette Deutsche Schrift (2002, a revival of a Rudolf Koch font from 1908), Fette Egyptienne, Fette Haenel Fraktur, Fette Trump (2002, original by Prof. Georg Trump, 1936), FetteKanzlei (2002), FetteSteinschrift (2002), Fette Thannhäuser (2001), Firecat, Flaemische Kanzleischrift, Flowers Initials, Forelle, Fraenkisch (2002), Fraktur Schmuck, Fraktur Shadowed, Frederick Text, Futura Script.
- Gabrielle, Gebetbuch Fraktur, Gebetbuch Initialen, Germania (2001, a revival of the 1903 blackletter typeface by Heinz König called Germania as well), Germania-Versalien, Ganz Grobe Gotisch, Gille Fils Zierinitialen (2002), GingerbreadInitials, Globus, Gloucester Initialen, Gorilla Black, Gotenburg A+B (2002), Gothenburg Fraktur, Gotische Initialen, Gotisch Schmuck (2002, Fraktur), Goudy Initialen, Goudy Medieval, Goudy Twenty, Goudy Thirty, Grange, GrenzschInitials, Grusskarten-Gotisch, Gutenberg Textura.
- Haenel Fraktur Fett, Hansa, Hansa Gotisch, Hansen, Happy Easter, Harrowgate, Hazard Signs, Headline Text, Hercules, Herkules, Hermann-Gotisch (2002; after an original by Herbert Thannhaeuser, 1934), Herold (2002), Hippy Stamp, Hoedown, Holla, Holidayfont, Holtzschue, Honey Script (2006, after a Filmotype original from the 1950s), Horror Dingbats, Houtsneeletter, Humboldt Fraktur (2002-2005; after a font by Hiero Rhode, 1938).
- Iglesia Light, Isadora Original.
- Jan Brady, Journal Dingbats, Jahreskreis (seasonal dingbats, 2002), JSL Blackletter Antique, Jugendstil Ornamente (2002).
- Kabinett Fraktur, Kaiserzeit Gotisch, Kanzlei, Kanzlei Initialen (2002), Kalenderblatt Grotesk, Kashmir, Kinder Vignetten (2002), KingsCross, Kinigstein Caps, Klarissa, Kleist Fraktur + Zierbuchstaben (2002), Koch Antiqua, Koch Antiqua Zierbuchstaben (2002), Koch Initialen, Koenigsberger Gotisch, Koenig-Type (2002; a Jugendstil Fraktur originally designed by Heinz Koenig, 1907-1910), Kohelet, Koloss, Konanur Kaps, Kramer, Krone Bold.
- La Negrita, Lautenbach, Legrand, Lemiesz, Lettres ombrées ornées (2002, based on a typeface by Schriftgiesserei J. Gillé, 1820), Linolschrift, Lintsec, Liturgisch + Zierbuchstaben (2002), Logger, Lohengrin Fraktur, Long Island Antiqua, Louisianne Black (bold upright connected script), Ludlow Dingbats.
- Mainzer Fette Fraktur, Marker Felt, Marketing Script, Marlboro, Maximilian (2002, Fraktur font and decorated caps based on Rudolf Koch, 1914), Mayflower Antique, Medici, Mediaeval Caps, Menuetto, Messing Lettern, Metropolitain, Middle Saxony Text, Moderne Fraktur, Monats-Vignetten (2002, based on drawings by Franz Franke for Bauersche Giesserei, 1920), Montague, Monument (2002, original by O. Menhart, 1952), Mordred, Morgan Twenty-Nine, Morris Roman Black, Morris Initialen.
- Napoli Initialen, Neptun Gotisch, NeugotischeInitialen, North Face, Nougat ExtraBold, Nouveau Drop Caps, Nubian.
- Olde English, Old English Five, Old Town, Old London.
- Packard Antique, Paganini Text, Pamela, Parsons Heavy, PaulusFranckInitialen (2002), Penelope (2000, Victorian), Peter Schlehmil (2002, based on work by Walter Tiemann, 1918-1921), Peter Schlemihl Fraktur, Picture Alphabet, Pilsen Plakatschrift, Pinewood (2003, like wooden branches), Pinocchio, Plakat-Fraktur, Plakat Antiqua, Plastisch (2002), Plum Script, Pointage, Polonaise (1999), Polo Semi, Powell Antique, Printer's Ornaments One, Prisma (2003, a four-line typeface inspired by Rudolf Koch's Prisma), Progressive Text, Puritan, Prince Valiant Blackletter.
- Quentin Caps.
- Rediviva, Rediviva Zierbuchstaben (2002), Reeperbahn (aka Rope), Regatta Relief, Reiner Script, Revue Decor, Reynold Art Deco, Rio Grande, Rockmaker, Roland, Rolling No. 1 ExtraBold, Roman Antique, Romantik Initialen, Romantiques (2002), Rondo, RosemaryRoman, Roslyn Contour, Rossano, Rothenburg Fraktur, Royal Initialen, Roycroft Initialen, Rudelsberg (Munich Jugendstil style, based on Otto Eckmann's Eckmann from 1901).
- Saddlebag, Saloon ExtraBold, Saltino, Salto, Sans Plate Caps, San Remo (Paris (art) nouveau style), Savings Bond, Schampel Black, Schmalfette Fraktur, Schluss-Vignetten (2002, also from Bauersche Giesserei), Schmale Anzeigenschrift + Zierbuchstaben (2002), Schwabacher, Sebaldus-Gotisch (2002), Sentinel, Sesame (2000), Shaded (2002, a take on Sans Serif Shaded by Stephenson, Blake & Co. Ltd., Sheffield), Sholom, Showboat Caps, Shrapnel, Siegfried (2001, art nouveau, based on a typeface by Wilhelm Woellmer), Simplex, Sixties, Snowtop Caps, Starburst, Steelplate Textura, Stencil Display, Subway, Supermarkt.
- Tanach (Hebrew), Tannenberg Fette Gotisch, Thannhaeuser Fette Fraktur, Thannhäuser Zier (2002; original by Herbert Thannhauser, 1937/38), Theuerdank Fraktur, Thorne Shaded (2002, a shaded didone based on a Robert Thorne design of 1810), Tierkreiszeichen (2002, Zodiac, based on drawings by Franz Franke for Bauersche Giesserei), Tintoretto (2000, after a Schelter Giesecke original), Titania, Titling Roman Antique, Tobago Poster, Tone And Debs, Tonight, Topic, ToskanischeEgyptienneInitialen (2003), Transport Pictorials, Tribeca (2001, after a David Rakowski original), Trocadero Caps, Trucker Style ExtraBlack, Turtles, Typographer Caps, Typographer Fraktur (2002), Typographer Rotunda (2002), Typographer Subway (2011), Typographer Textur (2002, Fraktur), TypographerGotisch (2002, Fraktur), TypographerWoodcutInitials (2002), Typographer's Schmuck-Initialen.
- Uechi Gotisch, Uncialis Deutsche, Unger Fraktur Zierbuchstaben, Unicorn.
- Vadstena Rundgotisch, Varah Caps, Ventura Bold, Verve, VictorianInitials, Victorian Text, Viking, Vivian, Vogeler Initialen (2002), Volute.
- Walbaum Fraktur, Wallau Deutsch, Wallau Rundgotisch, Wallau Uncial and Wallau Zierbuchstaben (2002; originals by Rudolf Koch 1925-1930), Walthari Text, Washington Text, Waterloo Relief, Wave, Weiß Initialen, Weiss Lapidar (2002, revival of a typeface by Emil Rudolf Weiss), Werbedeutsch (2002, original by Herbert Thannhaeuser, 1934), Westminster Gotisch, Wharmby, White Bold, Wieynk Fraktur (now also in OpenType), Wieynk Vignetten, Will-Harris Caps, Woodcut.
- Yellow Submarine Font, Yonkers, Yorktown.
- Zallman Caps, Zentenar Fraktur, Zentenar Zier (2002; by F.H.E. Schneidler, 1937), Zierinitialen 1 (2002), Zierinitialen Two (2002; based on Deutsche Zierschrift by Rudolf Koch), Ziffern und Pfeile, Zither Script, Zodiac Pictorials.
A set of TeX service files for many of the decorative caps fonts was published by Maurizio Loreti from the University of Padova.
The collection is now also available in OpenType. Fontsquirrel link. Dafont link. Fontspace link. Abstract Fonts link. Home page. [Google]
Barcelona-based designer of the rope font Knot Numbers (2014). Behance link. [Google]
Graphic design and typographer in Ankara. She made Rope (2010). [Google]
Michael Hagemann's creations have a 1850-1920 style or at evoke the Wild West. Font Mesa is located in Naperville, IL.
Free fonts include Cactus Sandwich (Mexican simulation face), Timepiece (originally called Tax Cut), Timepiece 3D, Magic School One and Two (2004, two Harry Potter typefaces), Wild Ride, Corleone (2001: see also here), Corleone Due (2001), MightyRapids (2001: discontinued) and the Ferrari logo font FerroRosso (2002).
Michael Hagemann's commercial fonts by year of production:
- 2001: La Mesa (2001), Maverick's Luck (2001), Desperado (2001), Rio Mesa, Maverick's Luck (based on a bank document from 1876), La Macchina (2001, Lamborghini car lettering)
- 2002: Brewmaster Modern (lettering of Budweiser Racing), Saddlery and Saddlery Post (Western-style caps: a revival of Minaret by Ihlenberg in 1868; Solo calls it Trocadero), FerroRosso (lettering as in the Ferrari logo), Stampede (a family based on lettering used in document from the Chicago, Indiana&Eastern Railway Co. in 1902), Main Strike (a Tuscan font, based on Tuscan Ornate, or Bracelet, fonts that date from before 1860), Red Dog Saloon, Rough Riders (great Western-style caps), Draft Beer.
- 2003: OK Corral (revival of Caslon and Catherwood's Italian from 1821), OK Corral Lined (same as OK Corral with layers; called Italianate Barnum by Dan Solo), Gold Standard (a Tuscan font based on a few letters found on an old Gold Certificate from 1882), Rodeo Clown (based on Carnival), Taqueria, Cove.
- 2004: Bronc Stomper, Open Range, Saloon Girl, Gillé Classic an exquisitily detailed family based on work by Joseph Gillé, 1820's, and implemented elsewhere under the names Circus, Roma and Madame; this was originally called Home Style; some say that the original goes back to Silvestre), Miss Scarlett (Gone with the Wind poster lettering), Open Range, High Noon, Draft Beer Classic (2002-2005, connected 50s script), High Country, American West, West Wind, AmericanPop (Coca-Cola font).
- 2005: Rodeo Roundup (rope font; Solo called it Rope Initials), Algerian Mesa, Conestoga (circus font), Rough Riders (a nice Western font based on the logo of the Beach Creek Railroad Company in the 1860s), Rough Riders Redux, Mesa Pointe (pointing hands, from 19th century sources), Black Pearl (an ornamental blackletter typeface based on an original from ca. 1860; it has two beautiful manicules; some say it is based on an 1860 font called Rimmed Black by West, published by Farmer&Little), Saloonkeeper (inspired by the Leinenkugels brewing label), Wanderer (inspired by the title logo of the TV show The Wild West), Lynchburg (inspired by the Jack Daniels Green Label Whiskey logo).
- 2006: Flat Rock (a revival of Inverted Shaded by Julius Herriet, done at Conner in 1886; Solo calls it Big Cat), Livery Stable (revival of GlypticShaded by Ihlenburg at MS&J, 1878. See also Glyptic and Glyptic No.2, 1878), Happy Holly Day, Main Street (a Tuscan typeface that revives Soutache by Julius Herriet and Bruce, 1873).
- 2007: Birdcage (2007, after a lettering sample in Rob Roy Kelly's American Wood Type book), Lonestar, Lonestar Western, Railhead (2007: 4 styles, a revival of an 1870s type style that was originally available from both Bruce's New York and James Conner's&Sons type foundries called English Two-Line Ornamented No.4; an earlier version was English, done in 1853 by Caslon, Austin, Woods and Sharwoods; and before that, the typeface was created by a German designer in 1849), Flying Dutchman (2007, a revival of a MacKellar, Smiths&Jordan Co Kanzlei-style font from 1876), and Western Sky (2007, a revival of a late 1800s Italian font known as Italian Slab Fancy or Dodge City: it is Italic Ornate from Smith, 1874, MS&J). Country Western (2007, 11 styles; plus versions called Country Western Script and Country Western Swing) is a revival of the classic William Page font known as Clarendon Ornamented originally designed in 1859 and again in 1877 by Vanderburgh&Wells. Abbiente (2007) is his first foray into the world of Bodoni and Didot. Buffalo Bill (2007) is a beautiful Western style font that revives a classic from James Conner's foundry from 1888 [Solo also calls it Buffalo Bill].
- 2008: Gold Rush and Gold Spur (2008) are further Wild West style families, based on typos from the Bruce Foundry, 1865. Silverland (2008, 8 styles; a revival of Ornamented No. 1490 by Ihlenberg, 1874, Bruce) and Belgian (2008, 5 styles; a revival of Ornamented No. 1515 by Julius Herriet, 1861, Bruce) are further revivals of typefaces from the Bruce Foundry.
- 2009: Spanish Main (revival of an old MacKellar Smiths&Jordan blackletter font named Sloping Black, 1896; others mention Witham and MS&J and give the date 1869), Spanish Rose, Black Rose (spiky blackletter based on BlackOrnamented No. 532, Ihlenberg, 1873, Bruce), Bella Rose (2009, blackletter), Broadgauge Ornate (revival of an 1869 Western poster typeface by Ihlenberg at MacKellar Smiths&Jordan). Apple Pie (2009) is some sort of Bodoni Ornate---it revives and extends a William Hagar Type Foundry face, ca. 1850 [MS&J added a lowercase in 1869]. This was followed immediately by Bodoni Ornamental. Hickory (2009) is an ornamental Western face, a revival of an old unnamed font dating back to 1852 and was sold through a few different type foundries including Bruce, MacKellar Smiths&Jordan and James Conner's Sons.
- 2010: Gunsmoke is a Far West font, a revival of a James Conner's Sons font that has been around the block under different names such as Extended Clarendon Shaded, Original Ornamented and Galena [Solo called it Galena]. Night Train is another Far West font.
- 2011: Gold is a multi-style slab serif font family based on the classic Gold Rush (1865, Bruce), with the shadows removed. Images: Gold Black, Gold Thin.
- Undated: Cowboy Serenade (based on Phidian by Ihlenberg, 1870, MS&J; Solo's names: Eureka, Shaded Phidian), Gold Fever (based on Caxtonian, 1878, MS&J), Old Thunder (based on a Tuscan typeface from the 1800s).
- 2013: Great Western, Cowboy Western, Cowboy Rodeo.
- 2014: Magnum Sans.
- 2015: Grillmaster (a basic sans family consisting of 128 fonts).
- 2016: Pitmaster.
Klingspor link. Fontspace link. Dafont link. Creative Market link. MyFonts page. View Michael Hagemann's typefaces. [Google]
[Frogii's Free Fonts]
Frogii's Free Fonts
Frogii is the designer of the alphadings AlphaCar (2002), AlphaBaby (2002), AlphaDishes (2002), AlphaWizard (2002), FrogiiChristmas (2001), Chef Turkey (2001), Fontanesi (2003, ornamental caps), Frogii's Froggeroo (2001), Frogii Caps&Numbers (2001), of the dingbats 26FamousPeeps, and of BearyLoveable, BlackFrog, BouquetInitials, FrogiisFrogCapsDingfont, FrogiisFroggers, IranianHand-Lettered (with Siynn bar-Diyonn/Dennis Ortiz-Lopez), PosterLinguini, Pumpkinese, SantasGiftCaps, ShapeAbet, WhyOhWhy, and of FlowerShower (2001). At Apostrophic Labs, she designed Futurex LX (2002) [dead link]. Other fonts: Alpha Flowers (2002), Alpha Rope (2002), Ornmanental No. 2 (2003), Frilly Dillies, Abstract, AlphaFlowers, AlphaRope, Chilluns (2005). [Google]
[Anke van der Meer]
Anke van der Meer (Heerlen, The Netherlands, b. 1981), aka Ankepanke, is an illustrator and graphic designer. She sells her typefaces under the label funfntshop.
In 2013, she created some free hand-drawn typefaces such as I Love Snailmail, Lieve Letters, and Stripe 3D. In 2015, many of her typefaces became commercial. The initial offering from 2015 includes Read A Book, Crystals (octagonal font), Measuring Tape, Merry Christmas, Building Blocks Font, Old Knitting Lady, Side View (3d typeface), Noodles, Wonderland, Bead Necklace, Snailmail Mag (fat finger font), Delightful, Seeing Double (bilined), Cherry Pie, Pretty Random I and II (ransom note fonts), Polkadots I and II, Morse Code, High Altitude, Fold It (origami), Cubes I and II, Crazy Cat Lady, Build It, Blocks, Skipping Ropes, Deco Borders, Drop Out Handmade, I Heart Snailmail, Sweet Letters, Skinny Chips, Picnic Handmade, Earn Your Stripes, Stripe 3D Handmade, Cut It Out, Teqniq, Tell Me About It, Sweet Pancakes, Strike A Pose, Papercut, Monkey Tails, Little Friends, Lets Go To Paris, Halfway, Full Of It, Daydreas, Creppy, Connect It, Basic Fun, Backstage.
Dafont link. Creative Market link. Creative Market link for funfontshop. [Google]
Designer from Phoenix who made the rope font Lariat (1963, Typefounders of Phoenix), which was released in 1965. Lariat is an upright, connected script with rope-like features. [Google]
Herbert F. Van Brink
Polish designer of the script typeface Nopra (2013), the fat marker typeface Kmurka (2013), the dot matrix font Lilas (2013), Lalek (2013), the rope font Robalek (2013), the composed typeface Pikia (2013), Bianca (2013, hand-drawn) and Domik (2013, domino tiles). Ditica (2013) is another domino tile font.
Typefaces from 2014: Skygge, Lalex Hex (textured and hexagonal), Bistort, Szionka (pixelish), Karora (textured triangulated all caps typeface), 4K&A, Unek, Afterglow, Linka (textured), With The Waves.
Typeface from 2015: Skontt.
Dafont link. [Google]
Ian McMurray (Madrid, Spain) created Fibre Script (2013), an ornamental rope-textured caps alphabet. [Google]
Veracruz, Mexico-based designer of the rope font Nudista (2014). [Google]
American illustrator (b. 1974). Creator of the ornamental dingbats JadeDingbats (2009) and the alphadings JadeSquiddles (2009), and of Bones&Rope (2009), JadeMarkerRough (2009), and JadeMarkerStyled (2009). She also made Bolts (2009) using FontStruct.
Home page. Klingspor link. [Google]
Born in 1985, Julien Laureau studied in Grenoble, Villefontaine, Limoges, and finally Strasbourg (at the Ecole Superieure des Arts Decoratifs, class of 2011). He currently is artistic director in Paris. He designed the all caps art deco sans typeface Voyageur, which comes with an Inline version. He also created Scriptus (cursive typeface), Gothic (a blackletter), Mona (sans), Neutra (sans), and Intes (a rope font). [Google]
Kark G. Andersson
Designer at Mecanorma of Rope. [Google]
Archive offering knot fonts: 40knot, RopeMF (by Richard William Mueller), knots. [Google]
Barcelona-based designer of the ribbon font Knot (2016). [Google]
Sonoma-based Adobe art director and designer of the Adobe font Giddyup (1993, with rope letters). And of the ornament font Giddyup Thangs. From her web page: Laurie Szujewska is the principal of Szujewska Design, a firm specializing in graphic design and typography for use in the education and entertainment of children. Ms. Szujewska received her MFA in Graphic Design from the Yale School of Art, where she studied with Paul Rand, Bradbury Thompson, Wolfgang Weingart, Armin Hofmann and Edward Tufte. She joined Silicon Valley's Adobe Systems early in its formation, serving as art director in Adobe's type products division under the leadership of Sumner Stone. Szujewska was responsible for the design of the award-winning Adobe Original type specimen books series, the magazine Font and Function, and the creation of the typeface Giddyup. The recipient of numerous design awards, she has taught design and typography at the California College of Arts and Crafts in San Francisco and Minneapolis College of Art and Design. She also studied and maintained a studio at the Center for Book Arts, New York City.
MyFonts page. Poster by Joao Esse Andrade (2013). [Google]
Jewelry designer and student in jacksonville, FL, who created the rope font Frayed Knot (2014). Behance link. [Google]
Athens, GA-based designer of an untitled ornamental rope font (2014). [Google]
Student in Saint Louis, MO. During his studies at The University of Missouri Saint Louis, he created the rope font Ahoy (2012). [Google]
Very talented Montreal-based illustrator and digital artist. Home page. He created several modular typefaces in 2011.
In 2012, he created Muse, Gotham Streets (a prismatic typeface), Slinky, Stencil, Tulipe (counterless), Bad Billy (multilined, art deco), The Great Carnival (beveled caps), Web Font (prismatic), Jump Jump Font (octagonal), Fashion (a horizontally striped typeface), OK (prismatic), The Aviator (horizontally striped poster face), La Bonne Aventure (prismatic and slightly art deco), the rope-themed typeface Noeud Marin, the shadowed boat name typeface Bleu Marine, the multiline caps typeface Origami, the moustache-inspired caps typeface Mous Type (ornamental moustache-shaped capitals), the multilined display typeface Empire, the hand-drawn Une Typo Faite A La Main, and the prismatic typeface Anabelypster. After a bout of salmonella, he created Intestino, still in 2012. In Motion (2012) is an awesome prismatic art deco typeface.
Images of his stunning work from 2011: i, ii, ii, iv, v, vi, vii, viii, ix, x.
His Cathédrale project (2011) starts from a squarish face and transforms it gradually into one that contains the features of a cathedral.
Creations in 2013: Shapes (geometric font), Gold Deco, Dentelle, Twist, Sleek (a thin slab serif), Say Say Say (multiline, prismatic, hypnotic), Metrick (a gridded typeface), Film Noir (an overlay type system), Tam Tam, Diner (a striped all caps typeface), Spot Light Font (prismatic), Flora, Bright Diamond, Incandescent, XVII (multilined display face), Konga (a multiline script), Shiny Diamond, Splash (paint font), Chicago (prismatic neon tube face), Taxi (a wonderful multiline typeface), Papale (religious symbology alphabet made to mock the papal system), Empreinte (pure op-art), Broken Arrow Font (multiline caps face), Liquid Paper Font, Sunset (prismatic), Boogie (Broadway-style art deco family), New Art Deco (prismatic art deco face), Poule de Luxe, Burnout (a prismatic typeface), Marble Maze Font, M Gagnon (ornamental caps influenced by the design work of Denis Gagnon).
FontStruct fonts: Test3 (2012), Jump Jump 2 (2012).
Typefaces made in 2014: Moiré, Decora, Magnetic, Noise (TV noise emulation), Yes (multilined font), Broderie (braided letters), SAS (multilined), Full House, Heart Font (prismatic), 1976 (inspired by the 1976 Olympic Games in Montreal), Gold (prismatic art deco typeface), Lace, Bike.
Typefaces from 2015: Detour, Allie X, Grad Font, Duct Tape, Mint Julep (bilined art deco beauty), Hourglass, Stuntman (prismatic), La Dame de Coeur (playing card font), Fog.
Typefaces from 2016: Joliette, Denis (named after Montreal's mayor, Denis Coderre), Montreal (a prismatic typeface based on the logo of the city of Montreal), Cherry Cola Font, Bro & Co (multilined art deco beauty), Macramee (multilined).
Behance link. Hellofont link (for buying his fonts). [Google]
PCCrafter.com (was: Provo Craft)
Shareware fonts: pcbang, pccrazed, pcdoubletick, pceasteregg, pcgarden, pcgroovy, pchardball, pckoolskool, pclights, pcshamrock, pcsketched, pcspeckle, pcspooky, pcsquiggle, pcsquirrelly, pcswiss, pcteetime, pcweb, pcwedgie. Free fonts: PC Goo, PC Needles. List of names, including the commercial fonts as well: PC Alphabet Soup, PC Americana, PC Anderson, PC Antique, PC Baby, PC Balloon, PC Balloons, PC Bandages, PC Bang, PC Barney, PC Beach Front, PC Beached, PC Becca Brush, PC Bedrock, PC Big Stick, PC Black, PC Blanket Stitch, PC Block Italic, PC Borders, PC Bubble, PC Buzzy Bee, PC Calico, PC Callihan, PC Campus, PC Candlewick, PC Candy Cane, PC Casual, PC Cereal, PC Childish, PC Chopsticks, PC Chunky Dash, PC Chunky Jumbled, PC Chunky, PC Chuva, PC Classic English, PC Clubhouse, PC Comic Strip Black, PC Comic Strip, PC Cookie Crumbs, PC Cookie Dough, PC Crazed, PC Crazy Serif, PC Cream, PC Cross Stitch, PC Curl, PC Curls, PC Curly Que, PC Cursive, PC Curved, PC Dangle Star, PC Dashes, PC Dazzle Outline, PC Dazzle Tremor, PC Dazzle, PC Dot, PC Double Line, PC Double Tick, PC Drop, PC Easter Egg, PC Eire Medium, PC Fancy, PC Fiesta, PC Flower Garden, PC Flower, PC Folk, PC Foundation Hand, PC Friends, PC Funky Black, PC Funky, PC Garden 1, PC Garden 2, PC Garden Packet, PC Garden, PC Geo Angles, PC German Text, PC Goo, PC Goofy, PC Grandma's Garden, PC Groovy, PC Halloween, PC Hardball, PC Harvest, PC Hawaiian Hut, PC Heart Strings, PC HeartBeat, PC Hook&Line, PC Hotdog, PC In a Heart Beat, PC In the Pines, PC InformalFormal, PC Italic, PC Jenn Pen, PC Jump Rope, PC Just Rosie, PC Kennedy, PC Keyhole, PC Kick Plate, PC Kid, PC Knobbish, PC Kool Skool, PC Lady Bug, PC Laundry, PC Leere`, PC Licorice, PC Lights, PC Line, PC Lines and Loops, PC Little Bear, PC Little Grace, PC Little Squiggles, PC Log, PC Lombardic Limbo, PC Loring, PC Lorisans, PC Marshmallow, PC Mira Medium, PC Miss Thom, PC Monster, PC Mouse, PC Munchkin, PC Nature, PC Needles, PC Old English, PC Outline, PC Over the Moon, PC Overalls, PC Paintbrush, PC Paper Clip, PC Paper Clips, PC Party, PC Patch Scraps, PC Paw Print, PC Pencil, PC Petite Dot, PC Picket Fence, PC Pig Pen, PC Pilgrims, PC Pizazz Outline, PC Pizazz, PC Plain Jane, PC Point, PC Popstick, PC Posie, PC Pretty, PC Puffy, PC QTip, PC Quilt Blocks, PC Ragtime, PC Randsom Note, PC Ratatat, PC Rebecca Uncial, PC Rebecca, PC Rebs Writ, PC Regular, PC Rock Block, PC Rod Iron, PC Rope, PC Round About, PC Ruler, PC Saucy, PC School Days, PC Scrap Wood, PC Scratch Pad, PC Script, PC Sellers Swirls, PC Senior Regular, PC Sewing Scraps, PC Shadow Hut, PC Shamrock Dark, PC Shamrock Light, PC Shamrock, PC Sketchbook, PC Sketched, PC Snapdragon, PC Snow Caps, PC Snowballs, PC Snowflake, PC Snowmen, PC Sommerset, PC Spaghetti, PC Speckle, PC Splinters, PC Spook It!, PC Spooky, PC Sports, PC Squiggle, PC Squirrelly, PC Stars and Stripes, PC Stars, PC Stitch, PC Stone Script, PC Straight, PC Stringy, PC Swiss Cheese, PC Tee Time, PC Thick and Thin, PC Thick Dots, PC Thick Swirls, PC Thick, PC Thicky, PC Thumbtack, PC Twiggi, PC Twisted Ribbon, PC Type, PC Typewriter, PC Uneven Crazy, PC Uneven, PC Vine, PC Wacky, PC Watermelon, PC Wave, PC Web, PC Wedgie, PC Wet Noodle, PC Whimsey Holly, PC Whimsey, PC Willa, PC Willabella, PC Wired, PC Witches Toe, PC Witches, PC Wooden Letters, PC Wooden, PC Yellow Sands, PC Youngstuff, PC Zesty, PC Zig Zag, PC Ziggy Zag. [Google]
Richard William Mueller
Designer from Elkader, IA (or is he from Garnavillo, IA?). No web page, but the fonts, mostly made in the early 1990s, were collected by CybaPee at TypOasis for your downloading pleasure.
The original list of fonts: Advert-Regular, AkashiMF (oriental simulation), Angles-Regular, Argos-Regular, AtlantisMF, BlackCastleMF, BodieMFFlag, BodieMF (1995), BodieMFHolly, Bolide (script), BrandyScript, BurntMF, CarnivalMFOpenShadow, CarnivalRimmed, CasualMarkerMF, Cigno, Cinema-Regular, ClubMF, Daisy-Regular, EarthquakeMF, FantasticMFInitials, FantasticMFModern, HayStackMFWide, HeeHaw-Regular, Hoffman, InkHighlight, Knockout-Regular, Kompakt, Legrand, Maize-Regular, Mama-Regular, Mantel, Mercurius-Regular, NewDayScript, OceanViewInitials, PaintPeelInitials, Pinewood, Plymouth, PollockMF (marble-filled artsy display letters), Primitive, Quaint, Ragged, RopeMF, SantaMonicaMF, Sixties (1993, psychedelic font), Speedline, Spirits-Regular, StarshineMF, Stowaway, Tarantella, Coffee Tin (1999), Credit Cards, Dragonfly, Flames, Grange, Long Ears, Meltdown, Parchment, Polo Brush, Stereo, Wet Paint, TamboScript, Titania, TolkienUncialMF, TradingPostBold, Tumbleweed, TuscanMF (a Tuscan font family), UncleBobMF, Vassar, VeronaScript, Waverly-Regular, WindsweptMF.
At GarageFonts, he made GFCristateMF (borders and dings, 1997).
In 2005, the list of free fonts shrank/changed to this:
- 1993: EddaMF (art nouveau), UncleBobMF-Shadow.
- 1994: ApolloMF (1900-style decorative), BravoMF (a script typeface inspired by a 1945 font by E.A. Neukomm), CasualContactMF (brush), FarleyMF, FranconiaMF, LavaMF (art nouveau), OmegaMF-Bold, OmegaMF, ReefMF.
- 1995: AmbrosiaMF (art nouveau), CamelotMF-Bold, CamelotMF, DirectionsMF, EdisonMF (1900-style decorative), GuttenbergMF (art nouveau), PenMarkMF-Bold, ProtestSignMF, SophieMF (art nouveau), SwingtimeMF, TomahawkMF.
- 1997: ApolloMF-Shadow, BaileyMF (handwriting), ElectMF, GingerMF (in the style of Auriol), SteveMF (handwriting), WishMF (art nouveau), WizardryMF-Contour, WizardryMF (art nouveau).
Abstract Fonts link. Klingspor link. Dafont link. Fontspace link. [Google]
[Skeldale House Treasures]
Rodi de Asis
Creator of the hand-printed typefaces Sistah Ysse (2016, a wild Treefrog style script), Yen Gee (2016), Chichiz (2014), Rolina (2010), Rodi de Asis (2010), Allan Rooster (2014, brush face), Cecile (2014), Kaeden (2015, a cartoon font) and Romer (2015, a rope font).
Aka Kurdz, and operating as VV Bluezz Design. Dafont link. [Google]
Sarah Brockett (Macomb, MI) created a rope font called Spurred (2012). [Google]
Skeldale House Treasures
This site used to have shareware dingbats by Missi (Robyn Phillips from Cascade, Montana). For a short while, it was a commercial site featuring 246 fonts on one CD for 49USD. And some time after that, it shut down altogether. However, the fonts will forever be floating around in cyberspace. Fontspace link.
The font names start with Ryp or ryp, and with that prefix omitted, we have: Abctrain, Animal, Aquatic, Bars 1, Birds 1, Buildings, Butterfly 1+2, Button 1-4, Caps Fonts (60 typefaces !), Cartoon Bugs, Cats 1 + 2, Children 1-3, China Art (11 typefaces), Christmas 1-4, Christmas Bells, Christmas Caps, Deco 1-20, Element 1+2, Evil 1, Facets 1, Fat 1, Fiesta 1+2, Floral 1-11, Frames 1+2, Geometrics, Greek Vases 1+2, Halloween 1, Hats 1+2, Hearts 1, Jewels 1-4, Keys 1+2, Kokopelli Flute, Ladies Hats 1+2, Leaves 1, Lighthouse 1, Nature 1, Nymphic, Old Wood Cuts 1-6, 10-14, Old World Art 1-4, Ornate 1-7, Pipes 1+2, Quilt 1-10, Real Bugs, Ropes 1+2, Santa 1+2, Scarey, Snowflake 1-8 (image of Snowflake 1 and of Snowflake 3), Silhouette 1-20, Thanksgiving, Transportation 1-3, Trees, Victorian 1-3.
Dafont link. [Google]
At typOasis, Studio Bob proposes interesting new fonts such as the Celtic-looking 6-weight St. Charles family, sB-Cross (crosses), Crayomonde, MelonSeeds, Mosuna, Nymph, Howdy Roper (an artistic rope script font).
See also here for StCharles, StCharlesHollow, FontsAnonBatsDingbat, MelonSeeds, Piratus&Parts, StCharlesDark, StCharlesExtraDark, StCharlesOrnate, StCharlesThin.
Dafont link. [Google]
Sveinn Þorri Daviðsson
Sveinn Þorri Daviðsson was born and raised in Akureyri on the north-east side of Iceland. He moved to Reykjavik in 2005 to study graphic design at the Iceland Academy of the Arts (B.A. degree in 2008). After his graduation, he moved to Berlin, where he shares a studio space with his friend Siggi Eggertsson. His typefaces:
- Times New Rope (2008).
- Grindavik (monospace face). Inspired by Wim Crouwel's type design, Futhark runes and older cumae forms.
- Tekkno. An isometric modular and angry face.
- Papers. An origami typeface.
- Russibani. A super-organic typeface done with Siggi Eggertsson.
- Reinhardt. Done with Siggi Eggertsson, this typeface is based on old German woodcut posters.
- Bad Times. A hand-printed Times Roman.
- Ultima Thule. A grotesk headline typeface codesigned with Siggi Eggertsson.
- Api. A curly typeface.
- Ryksug. An experimental typeface.
YWFT link. [Google]
Talia Douaidy (Beirut) created the Latin / Arabic knot-based typeface Laced (2012). [Google]
Creator of the script rope typeface Rodeo (2013), which was finished during his studies in Saint Louis, MO. Behance link [Google]
Urhixidur Fonts Type Foundry
[Daniel U. Thibault]
Daniel U. Thibault (computer scientist at RDDC Valcartier, Quebec) designed the Kzinti (2002, his interpretation of Larry Niven's "dots-and-commas" Kzinti script), 3Strands-Regular (2002, rope font), Apollonian (2002, a Greek-based late-mediaeval secret alphabet attributed to Apollonius of Tyana), Deseret (2002), Drow_Angular, Drow_Rounded (2002, originally designed by the on-line Elven Kingdom of Arèthane), KhemiticHieratic (2003, role-playing face), MIB2 (2002, alien glyphs from Men in Black II), Matoran (2003, glyphs by the LEGO group for its Bionicle world), Nug-Soth (2002, a secret alphabet), Passage_du_Fleuve (2002, an occult script derived from Hebrew). [Google]
During her studies at Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts Singapore, Venni razalie designed the rope typeface Tassel Fringe (2013). [Google]