| || |
Alan Jay Prescott
Pottstown (Philadelphia)-based designer and PostScript font hacker who ran Prescott Design and now Alan Jay Prescott Typography, but was also involved in other ventures such as the Black Walnut Winery. Originally from Greenfield, MA, he graduated from Saddleback College. He advertizes himself as Leader in PostScript Open Type Font development specializing in the revival of print-only letterforms into digital typographic materials. Alan created three substantial sans typefaces families with many weights starting from hairline, almost in the fashion mag style: Clemente (2011), Ultima (2011), Passion Sans (2011, a Peignotian family).
Additional typefaces: the Bizarre series (decorative caps), Advertisers Gothic PD (2010: a large family based on Robert Wiebking's ugly original from 1917), APT Antique, Crayon PDS (2013, a decorative Victorian family), APT Caslon 76 (1997, based on a Compugraphics original), APT Feinen Inline (1997, after Henry Mikiewicz, 1983), APT Millais (1995, unknown origin), APT New Abel Cursive (1996, a revival of Bernie Abel's Abel Cursive (Compugraphic, 1974)), APT New Artcraft (1996), APT New LSC Book (1996, after a 1970 original by Lubalin Smith Carnese), APT New Classic Rubber Stamp (1996: based on DeVinne by G.F. Schroeder, 1890; F.W. Goudy 1898), APT New Hearst (1995, based on an original from Inland Type Foundry, 1901, which was famously ripped off from Goudy; the Italic was by Carl Schraubstadter, 1904), APT New Ticonderoga (1995-1996), APT New Woolly West (1995), APT Horizon Initials (1995), APT New Gill Floriated (1995), Old Gothic Initials Plain (1995: Lombardic caps), Pfister Bible Gothic APT Cameo (1997, blackletter caps), APT Saint Nick (1995: snow-themed caps).
His 19th century series, all made in 1995 or 1996: APT New Abramesque, APT New Alferata (psychedelic), APT New Armenian, APT New Belmont (Victorian), APT New Brenda, APT New Cabinet, APT New Caprice, APT New Dawson, APT New Euclid, APT New Linden, APT New Madison, APT New Moorish, APT New Mystic, APT New Rollo (Victorian), APT New Slapstick (wooden plank font), APT New Spiral, APT New Stephen Ornate, APT New Teahouse, APT New Viola, APT Novelty Script.
The wood type collection of Alan Prescott:
- APT Antique Wood Double Outline Shaded 1995, APT Antique Wood Extended 1996
- APT Caslon Wood w: Alts 1996
- APT Clarendon Wood Extended 1996
- APT Columbian Wood w: Alts 1996
- APT Courier Wood 1997
- APT Doric Wood 1995
- APT Gothic Wood (+Alts) 1997
- APT Grecian FullFaced Wood 1996
- APT Jenson Old Style Wood 1996
- APT Kurilian Wood w: Decorated Alts 1997
- APT Modified Gothic Wood Cond 1997
- APT New Venetian Wood 1996
- APT New Woodcut Shaded Initials 1995 (Houtsneeletter)
- APT Roman Wood 1994-1995
- APT Tuscan Antique Wood (+Alts) 1995-1996
- APT Tuscan Concave Wood 1996-1997
- APT Tuscan Contour Wood 1996
- APT Tuscan Gothic 1 Wood 1996, APT Tuscan Gothic 2 Wood Cond w: Alts 1996, APT Tuscan Gothic 3 Wood Cond w: Alts 1997, APT Tuscan Gothic Pointed Wood w: Alts 1997 (Ironwood)
- APT Tuscan Italian Wood 1997
- APT Unique Wood 1995
- APT Wood 1995-1997
- APT Wood No. 501 1996 (orig Wm.H. Page 1887), APT Wood No. 508 1997, APT Wood No. 51 1997, APT Wood No. 510 1997, APT Wood No. 515 1996
- Stencil typefaces: APT Crystal Ship (1995), APT New Acapulco Light (1995; after the phototype Acapulco Light VGC), APT New Alpha Midnight (1996; after a typeface from 1969 sold by John Schaedler), APT New Beans w/ Alts (1996, after Beans by Dieter Zembsch, 1973), APT New Checkmate (1995---not a stencil type, really, but rather a modular typeface; after the film type Checkmate), APT New Zephyr (1996).
- Ornamental typefaces: APT New Courtier Italic (1996, Vanity Fair), APT New Harlequin (1996), APT New June (1996, after Fournier le Jeune).
- Computer fonts: APT Bugsy (1995), APT New Quote (1996: bilined).
- Art nouveau typefaces: APT New Abbott (1995; after Joseph W. Phinneys' abbott Old Style, 1901), APT New Ambrosia (1995, after Peter Schnorr's 1898 Jugendstil typeface), APT New Baldur (1996; after Baldur by Schelter (1895) and Julius Klinkhardt (1903)), APT New Jagged w/ Alts (1996), APT New Jason (1996), APT New Livonia (1996), APT New Margit w/ Alts (1996), APT New Nightclub (1995), APT New Quaint (1995), APT New Quaint Open (1995).
- Various display typefaces: APT Black Dog (1995), APT Blacksmith Heavy (1995), APT New Airedale (1995, after an original tattoo / poster from the 1930s), APT New Blade Display w/ Alts (1996), APT New Cugat (1995; a wedge serif letterpress emulation typeface), APT New Fieldstone (1995), APT New Static (1995), APT New Trump Gravur (1995; after Georg Trump, 1954), APT New Yagi Bold (1996).
- Avant Garde typefaces: APT Avant Garde Alts and Display (1997), APT Lubalin Graph Alts (1997; to be used with BT Lubalin Graph, Ed Benguiat, 1974).
Local download of some of his fonts. Facebook link. Dafont link. [Google]
Alf R. Becker
Alf Becker (b. St. Louis, MO) was a sign artist in the 1930's and 40's. Beginning in January 1932, at the request of editor E. Thomas Kelly, Becker supplied the Signs of the Times (The National Journal of Display Advertising) magazine's new Art and Design section with an alphabet a month, a project initially predicted to last only two years. Misjudging the popularity of the series, it instead ran for 27 years, ending finally two months before Becker's death in 1959, for a total of 320 alphabets. In late 1941, just ten years after the first alphabet was published, 100 of those alphabets were compiled and published in book form under the title 100 Alphabets, by Alf R. Becker.
The American Sign Museum shows the following death notice, taken from the April 1959 issue of Signs of the Times: A chapter of almost 27 years of extensive influence upon the development if sign and outdoor advertising lettering came to a close March 10 in the passing of Alf R. Becker, whose alphabets had been presented consistently in Signs of the Times since January, 1932. Death came in St. Petersburg,. FL, where he had been hospitalized since last November. The funeral services were in St. Louis, March 16. Mr. Becker had operated a commercial sign business in East St. Louis, IL., and was widely known for his lettering ability when requested 27 years ago by the late E. Thomas Kelley, then editor of Signs of the Times, to do a series of alphabets for the magazine. They had estimated that 24 alphabets which would be presented in a period of two years would serve the purpose. The series was so enthusiastically received and so many readers urged continuation that it was projected indefinitely to eventually each a total of 320 before failing health of Mr. Becker forced him to give up that creative work. His last alphabet for ST appeared in the January issue this year. Countless are the signmen and women who broadened the horizons of their lettering ability by thorough study of Mr. Becker's alphabet. In 1941, his book, "100 Alphabets" was published by Signs of the Times, and all 3,000 copies that were printed were sold out long ago. Numerous requests have been received for a reprinting, but in view of the changes of time in lettering styles, it has not been considered advisable. Mr. Becker's failing health in 1957 influenced him and Mrs. Becker moving to St. Petersburg, where they bought a home, and where he went into semi-retirement. His love of the sign business was such that he continued his alphabets in spite of the problems of his illness.
Many of his typefaces have art deco influences. LHF Monogram at Letterhead is a digital version of one of his fonts. Other digitizations include Whomp (2006) and Buffet Script (2006) by Alejandro Paul (Sudtipos) and Daffadowndilly (2007) and Stony Island NF (after Becker's art deco typeface Chicago Modern), Quaint Notions (2003), and Shaq Attack NF (2011, a wood plank font) by Nick Curtis.
The Fontry (James Stirling and/or Adkins) is undertaking a grand digitization project, and releases free and pay fonts with names that start with ARB, followed by the font number, the font name, and the month and year of issue. In The Fontry's ARB series, we find ARB-187 Moderne Caps AUG-47 (2013, didone), ARB-85 Poster Script (2011, after a 1939 typeface by Becker), ARB 70 Modern Poster, ARB 93 Steel Moderne, ARB 44 Chicago Modern, ARB 66 Neon (2010, after a 1937 font, +Block, +Line), ARB 85 Modern Poster JAN-39 (2011, after Modern Poster Script, 1939), and ARB 67 Modern Roman, and ARB08ExtremeRomanAUG-32CASNormal (2009; the original is from 1932).
Jeff Levine created a number of typefaces based on Becker's work as well: Show Card Casual JNL (2018: based on a single stroke brush alphabet by Alf Becker), Casual Signage JNL (2018), Modern English JNL (2018), Kanona JNL (2010), Karaoke JNL (2010), Mocombo JNL (2010). John Davis created LHF Pipeline (2012) based on Becker's designs. Kaitlin Sims designed LHF Becker No. 45 (2015).
Catalog of some of his digitized typefaces. View the digital typefaces that are based on Becker's work. Showcase of Alf R. Becker's fonts. [Google]
[Press Gang Studios (was: Shonenpunk, or: Andeh Fonts, or: Teabeer Studios)]
Fontstructor who made the wooden plank typeface ETSIM (2012). [Google]
B. J. Heinley
Austin, TX-based graphic designer. In 2016, he created the wood emulation typeface Birch. Behance link. [Google]
[Stencil fonts: Graphic Obsession]
Dan M. Zadorozny
American type designer, born in Detroit, who lives in New York City. He designed ITC Kulukundis (1997), and ITC Anna (1991), the Cyrillic version of which was done by Svetlana Yermolayeva, Vladimir Yefimov and Alexander Tarbeev in 1993.
Canton Market (1995) is an oriental simulation font. In 1996, he designed Test. Other early typefaces made by him include Sindbad, Circles, Triangles, and Squares, all geometrical pattern fonts. Chairman of the Type Directors Club, 2002-2003.
In 2009, he designed the 1940s art deco face Bokar.
In 2010, he created Marquue Faceted and Marquee Solid (which can be layered to make a 3d effect), China Market (oriental simulation), Setsuko, an oriental simulation face, Rilke (an adaptation of the lettering used by Gustav Klimt on his poster for the 1st Vienna Secession exhibition in 1898 and is named for Klimt's contemporary the poet Rainer Maria Rilke: caps only), Tribeca Script, Monograph (as if written with a Speedball B pen), Book Country (crude octagonal folksy face), Bing (art nouveau; Bing poster), HiFi (retro script), Twentieth Century (art deco headline sans), and Safety (1930s style).
In 2011, he added Tiki (a pair of Hawaiian typefaces), Salty Dog.
In 2012, he created the monoline uprigt connected script typeface Mimosa, which was inspired by the packaging for Moulinard Jeune, a line of French toiletries from the 1920s.
Typefaces from 2013: Forgia (Pelavin writes: Forgia is a result of my fascination with the beauty I find in utilitarian industrial objects like the riveted stanchions in New York subway stations, decorative ironwork in Grand Central terminal and the eloquent construction details of the urban infrastructure of the 19th and early 20th century.) Perhaps the steampunk typeface Rivets (2016) is an outgrowth of Forgia.
Typefaces from 2016: Oscar (tri-lined art deco typeface that pays trbute to the Acadmy Awards), Plot (brushed or lined wood style), Camp (a wooden log typeface), Rosa (art deco).
Typefaces from 2017: Neroli (2017, formal art deco), Taos (2017, a cactus font).
Typefaces from 2018: Trilight (trilined typeface).
Typefaces from 2019: Noir et Blanc (a deco poster typeface_.
Behance link. MyFonts link. FontShop link. [Google]
[The 1477 Font Foundry]
Squid (aka Dave Cohen) is a font designer, sculptor, illustrator and musician. He has executed hundreds of prototypes for the toy, ceramics and gift industries, such as tiki mugs. Squid's fonts are published exclusively by Sideshow Foundry. You can see his other musings at SquidArt. Google Font Directory link. With Stuart Sandler, he created the wooden plank look font Bamboozle (2008, Sideshow), the whacky comic book typefaces Goofball (2008), Weird Bill (2008, with Stuart Sandler), Weirdbats (2008, with Stuart Sandler), Doinky, Doinky Inline (multiline version of Doinky) and Doinkbats (2008), Zombie Rot (2010, with Stuart Sandler), Squidtoonz (2010, a comic book typeface done with Stuart Sandler), Motobats (2010, with Stuart Sandler), Skritchy (2010, a sketch font done with Stuart Sandler), Kitchenbats (2010, with Stuart Sandler), Beachcomber (2009, a wooden plank style face; with Stuart Sandler), Beachbats (2010, with Stuart Sandler), Office Blogger (2010, with Stuart Sandler, hand-printed), Western Dressing (2010, with Stuart Sandler), Canned Corn (2010, with Stuart Sandler).
In 2010, as Wisconsin-based Sideshow, he placed a number of free fonts at the Google Directory, all mostly hand-drawn typefaces: Walter Turncoat, Unkempt, Sunshiney, Slackey, Kranky (blackboard bold), Irish Growler (comic book style), Irish Grover, Chewy (bubblegum face), Rock Salt.
Faces from 2011 at Sideshow: Rancho Deluxe (with Stuart Sandler), Creepster Pro (with Stuart Sandler), Permanent Marker Pro, Rochester (a Victorian upright connected script).
In 2012, David Cohen and Stuart Sandler published these typefaces at Neapolitan: Irish Grover Pro (2010, a bouncy face), Satisfy Pro (2011, a connected retro script face), and Slackey Pro (2010, a paper cut out style face).
Typefaces made in 2012: Mystery Quest (a curly Victorian and/or psychedelic typeface that is free at Google Web Fonts), Seaweed Script (Google Web Fonts), Griffy (spooky face, Google Web Fonts), Skranji (Google Web Fonts).
Typefaces made in 2013: Impala Script (retro script; with Stuart Sandler), Fuzzbox (a funky typeface; with Stuart Sandler), Ramparts (funky font, with Stuart Sandler), Seaweed Script Pro, Griffy Pro, Blinky (chalky, hand-drawn).
Typefaces from 2014: Tradewinds Pro (with Stuart Sandler), Flavors Pro (with Stuart Sandler), Flavors Pro Spicy (with Stuart Sandler), Oyster Shore, Rumpus Room Filled (with Stuart Sandler), Rumpus Room (with Stuart Sandler).
Typefaces from 2015: Mystery Quest Pro (wacky, wobbly, funky, offbeat and groovy), Frijoles (with Stuart Sandler, at Neapolitan), Snackbar (an 18-style fifties diner script family by David Cohen and Stuart Sandler).
Klingspor link. Fontspace link for some free fonts. [Google]
David Fleming Nalle
[Scriptorium (Ragnarok Press, Fontcraft)]
Designer of the wooden plank-themed Jake Neverland Pirates Regular (2011) for Disney/ABC Television Group. Free download. [Google]
Font & Graphic Land
Banda Aceh, Indonesia-based designers of the script typefaces Luxurious Line (2015), Ramsteinz (2015: calligraphic), Gracias (2015, thick brush), Hello Listie (2015), Glytten (2015), Adelle Script (2015) and Loft Yian (2015), the display typeface Vardy (2015, film noir style), and the wonderful rough brush font The Mistie (2015).
Typefaces from 2016: De Black, Fortescue, Heart Signal, Hey Dory, Toretto, Honey Land (brushed calligraphic font family), Ravenclaw (Halloween font), Jaguar (dry brush), Champagne (an inky brush typeface), Sharktooth, Lovely Kenzie, Labyrinth (bilined), Cashy Allen (brush script), Joker (hand-crafted), Coralie (curly script), La Viola (free thick brush typeface), Captain America (octagonal and interlocking), Brightscales (curly script), Chicksar, Typefloss (a nice dry brush font), Lovelight, Alexandria (Greek simulation font), Brushello, Cherry Blossom (a children's font), Woodpecker (wood plank typeface), Cataleya (free).
Typefaces from 2017: Luxurious Line, Camelone, Glamorous Silhouette, Russell, Vardy, Forester (vintage slab serif), Soeltin, Almera, Relevant, Mellany (script), Tomodachi Hiragana. Behance link. Another Behance link. Aka Voryu. [Google]
Font vendor and foundry set up in 2006 in Minneapolis by Stuart Sandler (of Font Diner fame) and his partner, Mike Ibach. Companies selling through Font Bros include Font Diner, Astigmatic One Eye, ByAndreas, Chank, Mark Simonson Studio, Alphabet Soup, Fonthead Design, Wilton Type, CBdO, Sideshow, Blue Vinyl, Font-O-Ville, Outside-The-Line, Sparkytype, Typadelic, and Fontalicious. New 2007 fonts: Bamboozle (letters made out of pieces of wood), Silverstein and Seasoned Hostess (scripts by Crystal Kluge of the Tart Workshop), Woody (wood plank font) and Sweetheart Script (Ronna Penner). [Google]
HypoTypo (real name: Walter J. P.) is the designer in 2002-2004 of a number of ornamental fonts, which he showcased via alt.binaries.fonts.
His typefaces: Amber'Shadowed', AnnabelleJF'LessItalic', AntiqueThings-01, AridiRenaissanceCaps, Asphalt'Wicker', Bauhaus'StainedGlass'-Heavy, BigRigs, Centurnalus'Deluxe', ChurchText'Replicant', ChurchText'Shaded' (blackletter), Coventree'Deluxe', CupieDoll, CupieDoll Buckshot (2004), Dantium'Tracing', FearFactor'3D', FearFactor'SmallCaps', FearFactor, FearFactorBlack, FearFactorText, Florence'Striped', Florence'Stripped', FuturexRoughlySliced, GillSans'MonkeyBars'-UltraBold, Gramius Blizzard (snow-cover alphabet), Gramius'ChromeDeco', Gramius'StainedGlass', GreatPrimerUncials'SnowBound', Guppulla'RoughlySliced', HopScotch'Denim', HopScotch'ElectricEddie', Kreepshow'Frigid', Lancastershire (2004), Licinia'Aged', Licktenstein'Chromed', Malaki'Continuum', Malaki'Deluxe', Metilius'BongoWood', Metilius'LeadedGlass', Metilius'PopCulture', Modius'Frigid', NewYorkTimes, Oleander'RoyalTablets', Oleander'StainedGlass', Ornam-oodles-01, PhoenixScriptUpr'Shadowed', PhoenixScriptUpright, Plautius'Branded', Plautius'LeadedGlass', Plautius'Rugged', Point-Dexter, Puffy'SandStone', Quintus'StainedCameo', QuintusLeadedGlass, Rocillius'QuickSilver', RocilliusBlack'Arson', Sintex'3D'UltraBlack, SkuareNot'BongoWood', Snoilies-01, Snoilies-02, Tekton'WhiteOnBlack', Timrombo'Erroded-DoubleVision'-Tall, VehicleDecals'Flames&Art', WoodsWorld'Deluxe', WoodsWorld'LeadedGlass', WoodsWorld'Melting', WoodsWorld'Quilted', WoodsWorld'StainedGlass', Auriol 'Shaded' Black (posted 09-02-2002), Bauhaus 'Shaded' Heavy (posted 09-19-2002), Bauhaus 'StainedGlass' Heavy (posted 10-23-2002), Bauhaus 'Textile' Heavy (posted 09-14-2002), Broadway 'Corroded' (posted 09-19-2002), Cooper 'Chromed' Heavy (posted 10-22-2002), Kid Type 'Flintstones' (posted 10-17-2002), Zapf 'SnowBound' Heavy (posted 10-19-2002), Zapf Int'l 'BubbleWrap' Heavy (posted 10-06-2002), LocusDelecti'Sibylline', SkuareNot'PlankYou', SkuareNot'Waveform', TexasWilly'Tracing', Half SunBurst-w4-01 (2003), Half SunBurst-w4-02 (2003), Half SunBurst-w4-03 (2003), NurfStar 'Shaded' (2003), StarBurst-w4-01 (2003), HavingWrit, IceCrystals-01'Continuum', IceCrystals-01'Impressions', IceCrystals-01 (snowflakes), PictoGlyphs, PlymouthRock'SnowDusted', Santa'sSleighFull-Bold, Santa'sSleighFull (a silent movie / art nouveau font), Zoophel (2003), Monika'Engraved'-Italic, Monika'Upright', Monika-Italic (2003), DotsType (Regular and 'OnFilm'), Hearts-O-Plenty, PinWheel, SchoolsOut, ButterCream'Tracing' (2004), Bartholomeow, ChitownScript (Regular, Bold, Light, Italic, Bold Italic and Light Italic), Guppula 'Ripples', Gramius Blizzard (2004), Letter People Things, Point-Dexter, TownSquare ('Grate' and 'Lattice'), StarryType.
Dafont link. [Google]
[Dan M. Zadorozny]
Born in Philadelphia and a resident of Texas, Dan Zadorozny's creations at Iconian. He is a prolific type designer who specializes in techno and sci-fi typefaces. Dafont link. Fontsy link. Abstract Fonts link. Font Squirrel link. His fonts in alphabetical order:
- #44 font (2002), 00Starmap (2001, pixel font), 1968 Odyssey (2016), 1st Cav (2008), 1st Enterprises (2017), 2-Tech, 21 Gun Salute (2013), 2nd Amendment (2007, guns), 2nd Amendment 2050 (2009, more gun silhouettes), 2Toon, 300 Trojans (2008, comic book family), 4114 Blaster (2008, futuristic), 5th Agent (2008, techno), 7th Service (2002), 8th Element (2013), 911Porscha, 98 Bottles of Beer (2016).
- Achilles, Action-Men (2008), Action Women (2008, female outlines), Aegis (2010, Greek simulation family), Aetherfox (2013), AirCobra (2002), Aircruiser (2011, trekkie family), AirForce (planes and copters), Airstrike (2013), Airstrip One (2003), Aldo's Moon, Aldo's Nova, Alexis (2001), Alien League, Alpha Men (2015), Alpha Sentry, Alpha Taurus (2007, octagonal, athletic lettering), Amalgam, Americorps (2012), Anakefka (2009, ultra-fat family), Annapolis (2016), Antietam (2015), Antikythera (2013, Greek simulation face), Antilles (2009, sans family), Argosy, Arilon (2008), Armed Lightning (2017), Army Rangers (2013, octagonal), Assassin Nation (2015, scary and perhaps referring to the "tradition" of school shootings in the USA), Astropolis (2009), Atlantia (2012, futuristic), Avenger (2008, futuristic).
- Babes&Bond (2009, erotic silhouettes), Babe-alicious (2002, erotic outlines), Bad Axe (2017), Bad Robot (2007, computer game look), Bal-Astaral (2016, octagonal), Bamf (2011, techno family), Banjin (2016), Banshee Pilot (2016), Barcade (2018), Battlefield, Battleworld (2016), Beam Rider, Beam Weapon (2015), Beastian (2011), Behemoth (2018), Ben Zion (2008, Hebrew simulation), Berserker (2008, grunge), Beta Biergärten (2008), Bio-disc, Bio-discSolid, Bio-discThin, Bionic Comic (2002), Bionic Type (2002), Birds of a Feather (2007, dingbats), Black Bishop (2015), Black Gunk (2016), Block, Blood Crow (2009), Bloodlust (2011, dripping blood face), Blue July (2009), Body Swipers (2014, Halloween font), Bog Beast (2013), Boomstick (2015), Borgsquad (2014, mechanical/octagonal), Bretton (2018), Brin Athyn (2008, uncial/Celtric), Bronic (2004), Bubble Butt (2014, bubblegum typeface), Buchanan (2016), Buddy Champion (2015), Bummer (2007, octagonal), Bushido (2008, oriental simulation), Butch and Sundance (2013), Buttons the Bear (2008, children's hand), Byte Police.
- Camp Justice (2018), Capella (2011, a wide techno family), Capricus (2018), Carnival Corpse (2016), CasperComics, Centaurus (2015), Chardin Doihle (2008), a useful informal handprinting family), Charlemagne, Charlie's Angles (2018: octagonal), Cheyenne Hand (2008), Chicago Express (2016), Christendom, Classic Cobra (2016), Clubber Lang (2013, grungy), Cobalt Alien (2015), C.O.D.E.R. (2012), College Collage (2017), Colony Marines (2017), Colossus (2011, old chipped stone look), ComicBookCommando, ComicFX, Commonwealth, Concielian, Concielian Break (2015), Concielian Classic (2018), Concielien Jet (2015), Contour of Duty (2016), Corinthian, Count Suckula (2015, horror font), Covert Ops (2012, army stencil), Coyote Deco (2007, art deco), Crappity-Crap-Crap (2007), Crazy Ivan (2017: constructivist), Creepy Crawlers (2015, horror font), Crime Syndicate (2013), Crixus (2011, a squarish sans that includes an athletic lettering style), Cro-Magnum (2003), Cruiser Fortress (2016), CryUncial, Cyberdyne (2016), Cyberia (like Soviet: neat Russian imitation letters), Cyborg Rooster (2015), Cydonia Century (2017), Cyrus The Virus (2012, grungy, hand-printed).
- DS Man, Daedalus (2008), Daemonicus (2012), Dameron (2016), Dangerbot (2016), Danger Flight (2015), Dan Stargate (2008), Dan'sHand, Dark Alliance (2014), Dark Horse (nice brush font), Darklighter (2018), Darkwind, Dassault (2013), Deathblood (2014, Halloween font), Deceptibots (2019: stencil), Defcon Zero (2016), Dekaranger (2015), Delta Phoenix (2019), Delta Ray, Demon Priest (2013), Department-K, DepartmentH, Deranian (2008), Detonator, Devil Summoner (2014), DiegoCon (2004), Digital Desolation (2014), Ding-o-saurs (2007), Direktor (2008, Cyrillic simulation techno), Dire Wolf (2013), Disco-Dork, Disco Deck (2005), Disco Duck, Discotechia (2015), Dodger, Dokter Monstro (2017: a great fat hand-painted typeface), Domino Jack (2016, an octagonal stencil typeface), Domino Mask Condensed (2016), Dotcom (2002), Drafting Board (2008), Drafting Table (2008), Dragon Order (oriental simulation), Dread Ringer (2015), Drid Herder (2002), Drive (2015, techno font), Droid-Lover (2008), Drone Tracker (2016), Drosselmeyer (my favorite).
- Eagleclaw (2009), Eaglemania, Eagle Strike (2015), Earth Orbiter (2016), Earthrealm (2013), Earthshake (2013), Earth's Mightiest (2002), East West (2015, constructivist), Echo Station (2017), Eco-files, Edge Racer (2917), Egg Roll (2016, oriental simulation), Eldebaran (2012), Elder Magic (2009), Election Day (2009), Elite Danger (2017), Emissary (2014, sci-fi), Empire Crown (2011, blackletter), Enduro, Ensign Flandry, Ephesian (2007), Eridanus (2015, octagonal / mechanical), Erin Go Bragh (2009, Celtic/uncial), Escape Artist (2015), Eskindar (2013), Eternal Knight (2013), Eurofighter (2015), Eva Fangoria (2018: a dripping blood font), EverettSteele'sHand, Excelerate, Excelsior, Excelsior Comics, Exedore (2008), Exoplanet (2013, techno), Extechchop (2005), Eyes Only (2018).
- Factor (2016), Falconhead, Falcon Punch (2015), Famous Spaceships (2007), Famous Spaceships 2 (2019), Fanfare Ticket (2018: dot matrix family), FantasticCreatures, Fantazian (2003), Fantom (2009, bad handwriting), Federal Escort (2014), Federal Service (2011), Federapolis (2008, octagonal techno face), Fedyral (2019), Fedyral-II (2019), Feldercarb (2003, octagonal font), Ferret Face (2013), Fiddler's Cove (2012), Fight Kid (2009), Final Front (2019), First Order (2001), Flash Rogers (2016), Flesh Eating Comic (2013, grunge), Flight Corps (2008, techno/pixelish), FlyingLetaherneck (2002), Force Majeure (2016), Foucault (2014, uncial), Fox on the Run (2018), Fox on the Run Academy (2018: athletic lettering), Frank-n-Plank (2013, a wooden plank font), Freakfinder (2014: Halloween font), Free-Agent (2008), Freedom Fighter (2013, stencil), From Bond With Love (2014: military stencil), Front Runner (2019), Frozen Crystal (2016, LED font), Funk Machine (2016, a great ultra-black techno family of typefaces), FunnyPages, Furiosa (2019), Future Forces (2015), Futurex Grunge (2005).
- Galactic Storm (2014), Galant, Galaxy-1 (2008), Galaxy Far Far Away (2009, futuristic dingbat font), Galaxy Force (2014), Galga (2008, futuristic), Gamma Sentry, Gemina (2011, sci-fi / techno family), Gemina2 (2013), Generation Nth, Gentleman Caller (2014), GeoBats (2007), Gearhead (2013, octagonal), Ghost Clan (2014), GI Incognito (2012), Global Dynamics (2014), Goalie (2008, hockey mask alphading), Goblin Creek (2016: Halloween font), Gods of War, Gotharctica (2015, blackletter for horror flicks), Governor (2017), Grand National (2015), Grand Sport (2015), Graymalkin (2011, trekky), Grease Gun (2012), Grendel's Mother, Grim Ghost (2013), Ghoulish Intent (2016: Halloween font), Grimlord (2009), Groovy Smoothie (2018), Guardian (2008), Guardian-Laser (2008), Guardian-Pro (2008), Guardian-Shadow (2008), Gunner Storm (2015), Gunrunner (2016: techno), Gunship, Gunship V2 (2002), Gypsy Killer (2013), Gyrfalcon.
- Hadriatic (2008, roman lettering), Half Elven (2013), Halfshell Hero (2013), Hall of Heroes (2007), Halo, Han Solo (2013), Harrier (2002), Hawkmoon (2011), Hello Copters (2013: helicopter dingbats), Hemogoblin (2017: spooky font), Heorot (2009, stone age fonts), Hermetic Spellbook (2017: alchemic), Heroes Assemble (2011), Heroes Assemble Dingbats (2014: all Avenger characters), Hexgon (2018), Highrise Heaven (2007, city skyline dingbats), Hip Pocket (2014: psychedelic), Hitchblock (2017), Hollow Point (2015), Holly Dingle (2015), Holy Empire, Homemade-Robot, Holo Jacket (2016), Homeworld (2003), Homeworld Translator (2003), Hong Kong Hustle (2015), Horroroid (2015), Horroween (2013, Halloween font), Hot Kiss (2017: paint splatter font), Howlin Mad (2017), Hulkbusters, Hydro Squad (2014), Hypno Agent.
- Iapetus (2014, sci-fi), Icebox Art (2012), iChrono (2018), IWantMyTTR!, Iconian (2002), Iconified, Illuminati, Illumino (2016), Imaginary Forces (2008, mythical dingbats), Imperial Code (2003, Startrek style face), Imperium, Incubus, Incubus-Italic (2008), Incubus-Shadow (2008), Indigo Demon (2017), Infinity Formula (2003, super techno), Infobubble, Inhumanity (2014), I-House Edition (2014), Instand Zen (2016: Halloween font), Inter Bureau (2019), Interceptor (2008), Interdiction (2012), Intergalactic (2017), International Super Hero (2002), Intrepid, Iron-Cobra (2008), Iron Forge (2012).
- Jack's Candlestick (2013), Jackson, Jannisaries, Jedi Special Forces (2012), Jeebra (2018), Jerusalem (1999, Hebrew font simulation)[see also here], Jetta, JettaTech, Jetway (2012, a stencil face), Johnny Torch (2012), Joy Shark (2018), Judge, Judge Hard, Jugger Rock (2018), Justice (2009), Jumpers (2017), Jumptroops (2003-2015), Justinian.
- Kahless, KameraDings (2009), Kangaroo Court (2018), KarateChop (2009), Kartoons (2008), Katana, Kaylon (2019), Kennebunkport (2013, script), Keystone (pixel font), Khazad-Dum (2011), Kid Cobalt (2008, comic book face), Kinex, King Commando (2011), King's Ransom, Knievel, KnightsTemplar, Kittrick (2019: a heavy octagonal type), Knock Furious (2003, dingbats), Kobold (2008, futuristic), Kondor (2013), Kountry Kodes (2008, international license plate lettering), Kovacs (2018), Kovacs-Spot (2016), Kreature Kombat (2018), Kreeture (2002), Kubrick (2008).
- Lamprey (2012, techno family), LandShark (2001), LandWhale (2001), Laredo Trail (2013, a Western face), Laserian, Laser Wolf (2018), Law and Order (2005, dingbats), League Wars (2013, sci-fi stencil), Leatherface (2013), LED Sled (2016, LED font), Left-Hand Luke (2016), LegalTender, Legion, Legionnaires (2017: silhouettes), Legio Sabina (2017), Lethal (2014), Liberty Island (2013, sci-fi), Liberty Legion (2015), Lifeforce (2018), Light Brigade (2018), Lightsider (2011, Star Trekkish family), Lincoln Lode, Livewired (2015, sci-fi), Lionel (2009), Low Gun Screen (2008, a totally square screen type family), Lincoln Chain, Lionheart, Lobo-Tommy (2008), Lord of the Sith, Loveladies, Low Gun Screen (2008, screen face), Lux Contra Tenebras (2018: a fat Textura typeface).
- Machiavelli, Mad Marker, Magic Beans (2007), Major Force (2016), Marathon-II, Marathon, Marsh Thing (2014, Halloween font), Masked Marvel (2002), Master Breaker (2017), Masterdom (2004), Merri Christina (2015, children's hand), Metal Storm 3D (2008), Metronauts (2013), Metroplex, MetroplexLaser, MetroplexShadow, Michaelmas, Michigan (2015), Milk Bar (2003), Micronian (2008, extensive pixel-based family), Military-RPG (2008), Mindless Brute (2015), Miracle Mercury (2017), Missile Man (2002, futuristic), Miss Amanda Jones (2004, brush style), Mister Twisted (2018), Mobile Infantry, Modi Thorson (2013, techno), Monsterama (2011, scary face), Monster Hunter (2017), Montroc (2015: squarish and varsity style), Moon Dart (2008), Moon Runner (2016), Morse Kode, MorseNK, Motorama (2018: car maker icons), Movie Gallery (2008, dingbats), Mrs. Monster (2013, Halloween brush font), Mystery Mobile (2015), Mystic Singler (2008, rough brush face).
- Nathan Brazil (2013, art deco), National Express (2003), Native Alien, Navy Cadet (2016), Nemesis Enforcer (2013), Neo-Geo (like the letters on the Neon cars), Neo Navy (2015), Neuralnomicon, Neuralnomicon (2018), New Come Title (2016), New Mars (2015), New York Escape (2015), Nextwave (2014), Nick Turbo (2001), NifeFite, NifeFiter, NifeFites, Nightchilde (2013), Nightmare Alley (2016: Halloween font), Nightrunner (2008, sci-fi), Nightwraith (2011, techno family), Ninja Garden (2018), Ninjas (2002), Nobody's Home (2014: poster font), NoloContendre, Northstar (2014), Nostromo, Nuevo Passion (2013), Nyet (2002, Soviet letter simulation).
- Oberon, Oberon-Deux, Obsidiscs (2003, dingbats), Oceanic Drift (2013), October Guard (2013, Cyrillic simulation face), Odinson (2007, runes), Oh Mighty Isis (2014, Greek simulation family), Olympic Carrier (2017), Olympicons (2003), Omega 3 (2010, futuristic), Omega Force (2013, octagonal / mechanical), Omega Sentry, OmniGirl (2003, techno), Opilio (2012), Opus Magnus (2013, metal band font), Opus Mundi (2015), Oramac (2004), Ore Crusher (2013), Outlands-Truetype (2001), Outrider (2013), Overstreet Bible (2014, hand-printed), Ozda (2011, a fat techno family with several horizontally striped styles), Ozymandias.
- Psyonic VII (2012), Paladins (2015), Pandemonious Puffery (2002), Parker's Hand (2002, handwriting), Perdition, Peregrine, Phantacon (2017), Phaser Bank (2008, techno), Philadelphia, Philly Dings (2003), Phoenicia (2015), Piper Pie (2007), Pistoleer (2011), Planet N (2016), Planet S, Planet X, Player 1 Up (2012: architectural family), Pocket Ball (2016, dot matrix style), Pocket Monster (2016), Police Cruiser (2013), Postmaster, Power Lord (2011), Presley-Press (2007), Press Darling (2012), Procyon, Prokofiev (2009, rounded and squarish), Promethean (2008), Protoplasm, Prowler (2013), Pseudo Saudi (1999, Arabic simulation), Psycho Butcher (2014, ransom note font), PuffAngel, Pulsar Class (2018), Pulsar Class Solid (2018), Pulse Rifle (2009), Pyrabet.
- QTs (2013: erotic silhouettes), Quake-&-Shake, Quantum of Malice (2013), Quark Storm (2013), Quarrystone (2015), Quartermain (2002), Quasar Pacer (2018), Quasitron (2009, futuristic), Quatl (2002, an Inca font), Queen&Country (2009), Quest Knight (2009), Questlok, Quicken (2013, horizontal stencil), Quickening (2014), QuickGear, Quickmark (2004), QuickQuick, QuickStrike, QuickTech, Quill Sword (2016: soft blackletter style).
- RCMP, Racket Squad (2017), RadZad, Radio-Space, Raider Crusader (2016), Raise Your Flag (2013), Range Paladin (2018), Realpolitik, Rebecca, Rebel Command (2012, Star Trek family), Redcoat (2008, blackletter), Red Delicious (2019), Redline (2015), Red Rocket (2011, techno), Red Undead (2016: Halloween font), Regulators, Renegado (2014), Replicant, Repulsor (2013, pixelish), Rhalina (2011, a nice upright script), Righteous Kill (2009), Right Hand Luke (2016), Robo Clone (2018), Robotaur (2008), Rocket Junk, Rocket Pop (2016), Rocket Type (2002), Rogue-Hero, Roid Rage (2003), Ro'Ki'Kier (2008), Rosicrucian (2009, stone age font), Royal Samurai (2018), Rubber Boy (2013, poster font family).
- Sable Lion (2002), Sagan (2008, futuristic), Samurai Terrapin (2018: blocky), Scarab, ScarabScript, Sci-Fi (2008), SDF (2013), Sea-Dog, Searider-Falcon (2008), Secret Files (2011), Sever, Shablagoo (2015: thick creamy poster font), Shining Herald (2013), Singapore Sling (2014), SisterEurope, Skirmisher (2014), Sky Cab (2017), Skyhawk (2014), Sky Marshal (2015), Snubfighter (2009, sci-fi), Soldier (2011), Soloist (2018), Sound FX (2003), Soviet, Space Cruiser, Space Junker, Space Ranger (2013), Spartaco (2016), Speedwagon (2015), SPQR (2008, grunge roman), Spy Agency (2012), Spy Lord (2001), Starduster (2011), Star Eagle (2014), Star Fighter (2017), Star Navy (2009: dingbats), Star Nursery (2018, fat stencil), Stranger Danger (2014: grunge), Strike Fighter (2017), Strikelord (2011, trekkie family), Stuntman, Subadai Baan (2013), Super Commando (2015), Super Soldier (2014, silhouettes), Super Submarine (2017: stencil), SuperUltra911, Superago (2002), Swordtooth (2017).
- Talkies (2008, dingbats), Tarrget (2013, based on the Tekken "Tag Tournament" logo), Taskforce (2008), Tauro (2012), Team America (2014), Tele-Marines, Tempest Apache (2018), Terra Firma, Terran, Terror Babble (2017), Texas, Texas2, TheRifleman, The Shire (2009), The Shooter (2012: gun dingbats), Texas Ranger (2014: Western font), Thundergod, Thundergod II (2013), Thunder-Hawk (2011, an aviation techno face), Thunderstrike (2016), Thunder Titan (2017), Thunder Trooper (2017: stencil), Tigershark (2013), Timberwolf (2011), Time Warriors (2007), Tokyo Drifter (2016), Tool (2012, dingbats of tools), Toon Town Industrial (2005, comic book font), Tower Ruins (2014: stencil), Tracer (2015), Trajia (2008, a techno/stencil/athletic lettering family), TransAmerica (2015), Traveler (2008), Travelicons (2009), Travesty (2003, scrawly handwriting), Trek Trooper (2008, Startrek font), Trigger Man (2013, octagonal and mechanical), Trireme (2011, Star trek family), Tristram (2008, uncial), Troopers (2011, futuristic), Trueheart (2009, Celtic), Turbo Charge (2016), Tussle (2002), Typeecanoe (hand-printed), Typhoon (2013).
- Uberholme, Uberholme Lazar (2001), UFO Hunter (2009), Uglier Things (2018), Ultra 911, Ultramarines (2013), Underground Rose (2014, connect-the-dots), Union Gray (2015), Unisol, United Palanets (2014), UniversalJack, Uno Estado (2009, constructivist), Urban Defender (2019), U.S.A., US Angel (2017), USArmy, US Army II (2013), US Marshal (2012), US Navy (2007), U.S.S. Dallas (2008), Usuzi.
- Valerius (2009, uncial), Valkyrie (2008), Valley Forge (2008), Vampire Bride (2016: Halloween font), Vampire Games (2001), VariShapes (2001), Viceroy of Deacons (2016), Vicious Hunger (2014, grunge), Victory Comics (2017), VideoStar, Vigilante Notes (2003), Viking Squad (2015, stencil), Vilmos Magyar, Vindicator (2012, techno), Virgin Hybrid (2014), voxBOX, Voortrekker Pro (2009: octagonal and athletic lettering family), Vorpal (2012: sci-fi stencil face), Vorvolaka (2013), Voyage Fantastique (2013), VX Rocket (2014, fat octagonal face), Vyper (2008, futuristic stencil).
- War Eagle (2009), Warlock's Ale (2014), War Machine, War Priest (2012), Warp Thruster (2013: military or Star Trek stencil), Warrior Nation (2011), Wars of Asgard (2009), Watchtower (2012), Weaponeer (2008, military lettering), Ween Dings (2918: Halloween dingbats), Were-Beast (2008), Westdelphia (2015, blackletter), Western Rail (2015), Wet Works (2013, grungy stencil), Whatafont, Ensign Flandry (2003), Whiskey Bravo (2003), Whovian (2015, scanbats of all Dr. Who characters owned by the British Broadcasting Corporation), Wicker Man (2017), Wildcard (2011, Star trek family), Wimp Out (2004), Winter Solstice (2016), Wolf Brothers (2015), Wolf's Bane (+II, +Super-Extended, 2013), Woodgod (2013), Worldnet (great), Worm Cuisine (2016), Write Off, Writer's-Block, WyldStallyns.
- Xaphan (2003), XBones (2018), XCryption (1999, a hacker face), X-Fighters (2014), XPED, Xcelsion (2002), Xeno Demon (2017), Xenophobia, Xephyr, Xeppelin (2005, zeppelin dingbats), X-Grid (2008), Xiphos (2007), Xmas Xpress (2013), Xoxoxa, X-Racer (2012).
- Yahren, Yamagachi 2050 (2019), Yama Moto (2009: oriental simulation), Yankee Clipper (2011), Yay USA (2013), Year 2000, Year3000 (2001), Yellow Jacket (2002), Y-Files (2016), Yiroglyphics (2004), Yorstat (oriental simulation), Younger Brothers (2014), Younger Blood (2017), Young Frankenstein (2013), Youngtechs (2008, futuristic), Yukon Tech, Yummy Mummy (2018).
- Za's Vid (2001, pixel font), Zado (2002, dot-matrix font), Zakenstein (2011, caps only grunge), Zamboni Joe (2002, hand-printed)), Zealot (2008), Zee Lance, Zen Masters (2002, pixelish), Zeta Sentry (2009, techno/futuristic), Zollern (2013), Zombie Control (2013: a bloody paint drip face), Zone Rider, Zoologic (2009, animal dingbats), Zoomrunner (2016), Zounderkite (2017), Zyborgs, Zymbols.
Frenchman (b. 1957) who started making fonts in 2010, after a career in illustration, comics, and video games. In 2010, he created the free fonts BabyJo (pixel face), Bayday, Chrom (beveled face), LaPresse (grunge), Muffaroo, Poppy, Poppydot, Spacecard, Strokewith, Strokeless, ToonLand (comic book lettering), ToonLandBlack, ToonLandShad, TrashToys (grunge), WorldColors (3d face).
In 2011, he published Francobelge (comic book face), Freepress (grunge), Gamix (Western titling face), Inmyroom (dingbats), Majestrick (calligraphic), Onomatopaf (comic book dings), Outerzone, OuterzoneB, Starz (dingbats), Stenstreet (grunge), Tram, Tramix (texture face), TrashToys02, War-Lettersn, Mixagex, Massive Dynamite (grunge), Not Well (grunge), Actu, Blck, Gling (texture face), HeRioz (silhouettes), Brightoon (cartoonish brush face), Muzo (ink spill face), Sharpy, Space Shop (dingbats), Pulp Dance (hand-printed), Essef (art deco), Retro Sign (grunge), Labo (grunge), Exhausted, Komikoz, Puzzled, Toonimals (dings), Penstriped (sketch face), Cashier (grungy), Dan Hand, Hardwell (grungy caps), Colleged (athletic lettering), Goodjean (jeans texture face), Seaside Things (dingbats), Real Tek (techno), Zou (3d hand-printed caps), Painter, Border Line (grunge), Handout (grunge), Tract (grunge), Pulpatone (grunge), Logos I Love, Pal Antic (chancery hand), Twent (fat rounded display face), DoodFlow (dingbats), Afro Add (texture face), Crump (grunge), Big White, Dark Room (grunge), Manifesto (grunge), Tacketil (a FontStruct font), Otto Land (sketch face), Over (outline face), Under (brush dings), Baskertown (grunge), Nursery Tale, Panic (texture face), BlackNDot (ink spill face), Beyond (striped display face), Advert, Car Crash (grunge), Heartz, Starsteel, Smart Faces, Blackflag (a brushed blackletter), Dock 51 (grungy stencil), Lead (3d face).
In November 2011, he created a number of texture typefaces: Hotöcop, Pal Mod, Speedy (sketch face), Thirties Gold, Sunset GP.
Further 2011 typefaces: Poptivi, Shadow Mole, Super Modern Black.
Faces from 2012: Remanence, Winter Days (dingbats), Nowharehouse (grunge), Snuff (grunge), Cup of Tea (3d shadow face), Talk of the wall.
Typefaces from 2012: Egirlz (dingbats), Art Post (white on black poster lettering), Volutes (copperplate calligraphic script), From me 2 you (curly script), PS I Love You, Kolossal (caps only), Kraash, Alexandre (3d engraved headline face), Monstres de poche (dingbats), Alternate (grunge), Warning, Dreams (brush face), Headline Crack, Bump Pad (textured typeface), Carton (grungy white-on-black stencil face), Maybe maybe Not, Frames n Riboons (sic), Blackboard (sketched face), Logotronik (a 3d techno face), Big Bad Dogs (dingbats), Libre Expression (engraved copperplate typeface), Mecagothix (textured blackletter face), Destroy, Destroy Helpers, Buy More, Things we said (curly face), Lost Saloon (Tuscan), Salon de Coiffure (beveled), Brighton Pier (grunge), Motel Vacancy (grunge), Bates Shower (dripping blood typeface), Venus Furs (texture typeface), Showmen, True Men Tattoos (dingbats), Quicker (sketch font), Romanum Est (grungy Trajan face), Also (scratchy letters), Lazy Day (3d font), Pusher, Hard Dumb, The Idiot, Overflowing (grunge), Fast Foont (sketched), Melange (grunge), Jumbo Parade (circus font), Happy Monsters, Zozox (experimental), Magic Sound (packaging typeface), Arena Mascaras (dingbats), Top View (3d face), Flagadoum, Last King Quest, Rhythm n Blacks (textured face), Troll Sketched, Superpoz (a 3d painted typeface of exceptional beauty), HalloCuties (Halloween font), Gothik Steel (circus font), Silvestre Relief (3d titling face), Just Like That (comic book face), Numero 10 (athletic lettering), Tet de Mor (skulls), Facelook, Xmas Dad, Instant Marker, Ragtimer, Punk Dots (textured face), Onomato Vlam (comic book balloons), 8th Cargo (textured mechanical octagonal face), Zu Kabarett (creepy curly German expressionist face), Unusual Day One, Happy New One (party font), Xmas Doods, Xmas Doods 2, Higher, Usual Day One, Team 401 (athletic lettering), Doonga (comic strip letters), Killer's Move.
Typefaces from 2013: Them (fat brush), Ghost Code, Tiny Heroes (figurines), Over There (sci-fi), Higher than High, Abandon (sketched face), Broken Hearts, True Stories, A wolf at the door (wood style poster face), Elo Hand, Bots n Droids (dingbats), Toonimals 2 (dingbats), Halftoned Backup (textured face), Novlang (textured poster face), Come With Us, Ptits Pirates (pirate figurines), Board Dudes (skateboard dingbats), Big Bro's Watch (grungy), Doonga Slash (comic book face), Round About, Signz, Lethal League (grungy athletic lettering), Dark Times, Dandy Hat Trick, tardots (textured typeface), Dinoz (dinosaur dingbats), Big Surprise (fat script), Comix Loud, Arlequin, Fanzine Title, Scotch Taped, Phoenix (dingbats), Rock's Death (grunge), Tuamotu (textured), Trees Friends (dingbats), King Arthur Legend (blackletter), Fairy Strange, Flame On, Mystery, Money Go Round (ransom note font), Seven of One, Captain's Talk, Peaches en Regalia (sketch font), Wrong Board (textured or crayon typeface), Subito (comic book face), Extra Sales (signage face), Gimme Danger (grunge stencil), Alphabet City (graffiti font), Raleigh Rock, Rysky Lines, Splash, Good Vibers (comic book figurines), Tequilla Sunrise (3d shadow face), Graphers Blog, Star Waves, Splash, Action Comics, Wild Trails (wood plank typeface), Tiki Club (dingbats), Bad Striped (sketched face), Come With Me (paint drip face), Famous Oldies (textured face), Girly Toons (dingbats), Eshop Advert, Full Pack 2025, Dickson's Tale (a great grungy caps face), Hand Typewriter, Campus Relief (athletic lettering), ZalienZ (dingbats), Manga Style (oriental brush), Journal du Soir (letterpress emulation), Royal Delight (3d sketched face), Gothix Fate, Lettrisme (a letterpress ransom note font), NYC Zone 123 (graffiti face), Tedz (teddy bear dingbats), Merry Xmas, Last Day On Earth (textured typeface).
Typefaces from 2014: Dite Alla Giovine (flared cursive script), Heavy Gothik (textured blackletter), Comix Bubbles, King of Scotland (textured), Lazy Sketch, Arabica Export (coffee bag texture), Scream Again, Season of the Witch, Soul Festival, Back Ride 342, Cheap-Potatoes, Nine-Feet-Under (grunge), Remingtoned-Type, Search'n-Destroy, Starz-2, Vanished, On The Roof (or: On The Tops), Mad Groove Blast, Another Brick (textured face), Destination Future, Perversionist, Dex's Jobs (Treefrog-style typeface), Ptit Coeur d'Amour, Mickey's School (athletic lettering), One Way or Another (a hand-drawn poster typeface), Californian Cars (license plates), Building State Empire, Back on Lime (shadow face), Next Ups (graffiti face), PatchFun (textured face), Railway to Hells, Shut'em Down, Misunderstanding, Another Brick (textureface), Perversionist (grunge), Destination Future, Linographer, Polish Posterisation, For Girls Only, Half Price 4 You (sketched typeface), Secret Agency (bad ink grunge), Player One (a grungy baseball Script), Raw Notice, Home Mad Popsters, No Silly Walk There, Bad Coma (lovely grunge), Dark Net Warrior (grunge), Cowboy Movie (Western font), Palm Beach (textured typeface), Search n Destroy (textured), Carnaval de mai, Variations (textured), Black Jeans (weathered font), City of Light, Santa's Air Mail (snow-capped letters), Cheap-Potatoes, Nine-Feet-Under, Remingtoned-Type, Search'n-Destroy, Starz-2, Vanished.
Typefaces from 2015: Snake Jacket, Big Campus (athletic lettering), Penball Wizard, When The Eagles Dare, Urban Brush Zone (graffiti font), Wild West Pixel, World Black Shadow, Next Custom, Irresponsible Direction (grunge), Doodle Gum (textured), Posthuman (textured), Red Zone (glaz krak face), Smasher 312 (graffiti font), Columbine (dripping blood font), Tarentula's Web, Just Like This (retro funk), Eastern Brush (oriental brush typeface), Pulp Headlines (grungy typeface), War is Over (letterpress emulation), Thirties Relief, Flowers Power (sic) (floral caps), Direct du Gauche (inky brush), Jackpot (3d, sketched), Numero 10 Clean (athletic lettering), Lace Dreams (textured), Right Chalk (chalky crayon font), Lazy Sketch Black, Golden Age (shaded pixel font), Swamp Death (textured), Astounding News, Heavy Metal Rocking, Fifties Movies, Grunge Strokes 01, Cosmik Orchestra, Paysley Sports (sandy athletic lettering), No Safety Zone (grungy stencil), Quicksands (textured), Break It Down (glaz krak font), Naughty Cartoons, Mad Groove Clean (athletic lettering), Outlaw Stars (grungy Western face), Space Comics, Dirty Bowl 86 (athletic lettering), Cheap Potatoes Black (imitating pototo printing?), ExtraBlur (textured), Backside Air, Megalopolis, Curse of the Zombie, After the Goldrush, Avantgardiste 1934, Easy Fashion (textured), Free Thinking's Murder (textured), Phantom Zone (zombie texture), Snake In The Boot, Checkpoint Charlie (grungy stencil), For Girls Only Bold, Playing In The Mood (piano key face), Intergalactik Airlines, Les Mystères de Paris, Season of the Witch Black (blackletter), Resistance Is Futile (a great textured mechanical typeface), On The Tops Lights (matinee signage), Strawberry Fields, Serif of Nottingham, OnomatoBom (cartoon smaks).
Typefaces from 2016: Dynamix (a shaded comic book typeface), Black Santa (snowy letters), Astral Delight, Mr. Headlines (titling sans), Sister Spray, Shaka Pow (cartoon font), Jack in the Box, Glitter Campus (athletic lettering), Ghost Crazy (heavy brush), Prezident, Flowers Kingdom (psychedelic), Galaxy Corps (octagonal stencil), Stitchn School, Brown Shoes, Armagedon (dry brush), Smasher 312 (graffiti style), Bad Stories, Master Droid, Heavy Metal Box (grungy letterpress), Outerspace Shoping (sic), Extros Backstage (squarish), Jelly Crazies (jellybean font), Black and White Banners, Ballad of Dwight Frye (grungy), Crazy Sixties, SciFi Movies, Maximum Strength (athletic lettering), Evanescente (sketched typeface), Urban Ghost, Vif Argent (watercolor brush script), Demolition Crack (textured), How to Disappear, Public Market, Pyjama Party, Magician Rings (modular sans), Pale Blue Eyes (brush script), All The Mad men (sketched), Dixociative (white-on-black), White Flame (octagonal typeface), Asian Delight (oriental brush emulation), Candy Shop, Barb Wire Club, Super Weird, My Socks Line.
Typefaces from 2017: Scoubidou Rap, Good Morning (cartoon font), Graphik Arts (textured), Danger Zone Warning, Love The One You're With, Are You Hung Up (textured), Keys of Paradise, Mr Headlines Fancy, Game of Brush, Powerful, Ghost Shadow, Quick Menu Boards, Urban Fresh Air, Cheer Lace Leader (textured), Cracked Code (grunge), Very Simple Chalk, Fluo Gums, Very Popular, Personal Service, Blind Signature (crayon font), Blood n Guts, Quarterback Fight (octagonal athletic lettering), Supersonic Rocketship, Reboot Crush, Strange Path (dry brush font), Heroes Legend, Cache-Tampon, Championship (a great horizontally striped typeface), Silver Age Queens, Strange Tales.
Typefaces from 2018: Play With Fire, Scrunched, Megalomaniac Headliners, Craps of Paper (white on black), All Things Must Pass (textured), Presque Normal, Interfearence, Pop of the Tops, Universal Knowledge, Digital College, Cold Turkey (a hand-crafted horror font), Strange Magic, Grandissimo, Best Prices (sketched), Magician's Daughter, Children's Theater (textured), Magnifico, Lethal Slime, Pop of the Pops, Slow Death, Folk Festival, Strange Marvel, Strong Impact (octagonal), Heavy Metal Blight, Mango Slice, Are You Jimmy Carl Black, Strange Clowns, Mechanical Animals, Fast Forward, Spanish Castles, Vintage Warehouse, Swamp Black, Pixelmania, Enigma key, Vlump (wooden plank font), Guns n Flash Comix, Black Streamer, East Border (military stencil), Bot Craftshop, Super Quick, Don't You Know?, Return of the Flash, Only The Strong (weathered athletics font), Hands Up, Strange Shadow, White on Black, Ed Wood Movies.
Typefaces from 2019: Vintage Display (textured caps), Space Sport (textured, octagonal), Dancing Days, Steam Punk, Splatch (comic book font), Rear Defender (octagonal, stencil), Ghost Factory, Kids Magazine.
Dafont link. [Google]
Design company in Brazil run by Paulo W (b. 1970) from Recife. Paulo W is a gaúcho (Brazilian southerner), with interests in multiple areas, including poetry (he has published the digital opus Magical Book), graphic design and, most recently, type design.
Dafont link. MyFonts. MyFonts link. Abstract Fonts link. YWFT link. Behance link. Blog. Home page. Fonthaus. Monotype. Eshops. Facebook. Flickr. Klingspor link. Wordpress. Devian tart. T26. Linkedin. Identifont. Linotype. ITC. Faces.co. His typefaces:
Showcase of Intellecta Design's fonts, numbering 554 as of early 2017. [Google]
- Free fonts: Inductive Resonance (2014: connected script), Retrodings (+Two, 2014), Living In The Past (outlined Tuscan face), Rough Ornaments Free (2014), CornPop Three (borders), Too Good To Be True (2013, retro script), Blanchard Inland (2013), Living Together (2013), Arresto (2013, brush script), Hertziano (2013, non-connected fat script), Japanese Tourist (2013), Nouveau Never Dies Free (2013), The Beat Goes On (2012, fifties script), Stencix (2012), Figgins Brute Trash (grunge), Fontaniolo Beveled (2011, ornamental caps), Czech Gotika (2011), Random Dingbats (2011), Victorian Free Ornaments (2011), Rustic (2011), Armorial (2011), Woman Silhouettes (2011), The Nile Song (2010, hieroglyphics), Smith Typewriter (2009), Sign Flags (2010, semaphore dingbats), Senectus Morbus (2010), MesoAmerica (2010, Indian symbols), ClassicSketches (2010, dingbats), Columns (2010, dingbats of Greek and Roman columns), EasyCuneiform (2010), EasyLombardicTwo (2010), EasyOpenFace (2010, blackboard bold style), Egidia (2010), Significante (2010, dingbats with, e.g., gender symbols), WhiteDominoes (2010, domino pieces), Easy Heraldics (2010), Intellecta Heraldics (2010), Heraldic Devices (2011), KidingsFree (2010, dingbats), RoughTuscan (2010), The French (2009, Fleur de Lys dings), AprendizCaligrafico (2010), Volitiva (2006, Trajan caps and chancery lower case, all based on work by Ludovico Vicentino Arrighi), Gaivota (2006), KurrentKupferstichThin (2006), PaulKlein (2010), PaulKleinTwo (2010), PortuguesArcaicoLectura (2005), ReproxScript (2009, based on Jerry Mullen's Repro Script from 1953-1954), RickGearyHomage (2007, scanbats), WestBalaio (2006, ornamental caps), Corto Maltese (2006, scanbats), Renaissance Coiffure (2006), Renaissance Ornaments (2007), Renaissance Shoes (2012, free), TTF Tattoef (2006, tattoo-inspired dingbats), ExperiTypo5 (2006), Lower Metal (2006), Geometric Serif PW (2006), Geometric (2006), Geometric Petras PW (2006), War II Warplanes (2005), Carbono (2005), Times New Vespasian (2005), BoldBold (2005), Vengeance (2005), Doppleganger (2005), Chancelaresca (2005), Cursivo Saxonio (2005), Gotische Minuskel 1269 (2005: a Kanzlei Schrift after Dekan Hermann zu Soest, 1269) and Guto Lacaz (2005, dingbats).
- Richard Gans revival project: Gans Tipo Adorno, Gans Lath Modern, Gans Titular Adornada (2006), Gans Ibarra (2006, after Carlos Winkow's Elzeviriano Ibarra), Gans Antigua (2006), Gans Antigua Manuscrito (2006), Gans Radio Lumina (2006), Gans Fulgor (2006), Gans Carmem Adornada (2006), Gans Italiana (2006, extensive Italian-style slab serif family), Gans Titania (2007), Gans Titania Adornada (2007), Gans Titular (2007), Gans Gotico Globo (2007: 9 styles by Iza W), Gans Royality (2007: 3 styles by Iza W), Gans Headpieces (2008), Gans Rasgos Escritura (2010: filets---followed in 2011 by Rasgos Escritura Nuevos), Gan Esquinazos (2010, frames), Gans Blasones (2010, shields), Gans Neoclassic Fleurons (2008), Gans Classical Fleurons, Gans Ding.
- Wood-inspired typefaces: Dead Wood Rustic (2007), Taranatiritza (5 wood type styles, after William Hamilton Page), Majestade (2007, by Iza W---two Tuscan style typefaces), Decorative Tuscanian (2007), Concave Tuscan (2010, wood type), Palermo (2007, by Iza W---Tuscan style family), Teatro (2009, Tuscan), Bruce Double Pica (2009, Tuscan; the Beveled weight is free), Antique Extended (2010, slab serif wood type), Dark Wood (2009, gothic), Dark Wood Beveled (2011).
- Charles Bluemlein's script revivals: Bluelmin Kisaburo (2013), Bluelmin Ralph (2012), Bluelmin Ronald (2012), Bluelmin Sandsfort (2012) and Bluelmin Benedict (2012). (2012).
- Blackletter: Salterio (2012, +Trash, +Three, +Gradient, +Shadow, +Shadow Two), Leothric (2011, bastarda), Bruce 532 Blackletter (2011, after George Bruce), Schneider Buch Deutsch (2007, +Trash, +Shadow, +Shadow Two), Schneidler halb fette Deutsch (2009, +Beveled), Schneidler Zierbuchstaben, Hostetler Fette Ultfraktur Ornamental (2007, blackletter caps), Gothic 16 CG (2007), Gothic 16 CG Decorative (2007, blackletter caps), Schneidler Grobe Gotisch (2008, Iza W, T-26), Allerlei Zierat (2008, ornament fonts based on a 1902 catalog of Schelter & Giesecke), Allerlei Zierat Capitals (2007), Psalter Gotisch (2009, a blackletter after the Benjamin Krebs blackletter face by the same name, ca. 1890), Münster-Gotische (2009, a blackletter family after a 1896 typeface by the same created by Schelter&Giesecke), Koberger N24 Schwabacher (2007), Student's Alphabet (2007, blackletter), Like Gutemberg Caps (2007), Nürnberg Schwabacher, Gotische Frame (2007: four framed blackletter styles by Iza W), Gotische (2007: ten ornate blackletter styles by Iza W), Gothic Garbage, Gothic Shadow, Gothic Trashed, Gothic Flourish (2009), Gotica Moderna (octagonal, blackletter), AltDeutsch (2007, four severe blackletter fonts by Iza W), Fin Fraktur, Gotische Bouffard, Heimat RGS, Gothic Handtooled Bastarda (2006), HostetlerFetteUltfrakturOrnamental (2007, blackletter caps), Gothic Handtooled Bastarda (2006).
- Historical revivals: Pantographia (2010: a digitization, as is, of several alphabets from Edmund Fry's Pantographia, 1799), Caslon2000, Caslon B, Delamotte Large Relief (2010), Figgins Brute (2007: 8 heavy Egyptian styles by Iza W based on Figgins' 1817 specimen book), Erased Figgins Brute (2007), Gras Vibert (2007, a didone family; followed by Gras Vibert Two in 2009).
- Erotic or human alphabets: American Way of Life (2011), Roman Silhouettes (2011), Silvestre Weygel (2007, named after Martin Weygel'a erotic alphabet from 1560, which in turn was based on Peter Flötner's 1534 alphabet), Gravure (caps typeface made of human silhouettes), Innocence (2007, dingbats of girls).
- Medieval chancery hand: Portugues Arcaico (2005, three medieval handwriting styles), Kurrent Kupfertisch (2006, a medieval hand done with Fernanda Salmona), Dovtrina Christam 1622 (authentic old manuscript face), Catania (2007, exquisite medieval caps in 3 styles by Iza W).
- Typewriter typefaces: Remix Typewriter (2012), Smith Trash (2012), Neo Bulletin (2010, +Trash), Remington PW (old typewriter face), Olivetti Linea (old typewriter face), Erased Typewriter 2 (2007: 4 styles by Paulo W), RIP Typewriter (2009), Shadow Typewriter (2007), Underwood Typewriter (by Iza W).
- Calligraphic: Broken Kiss (2015), Derniere Script (2015), Bradstone Parker Script (after Zaner's penmanship), Jan van den Velde Script (2011, based on the penmanship of Jan van den Velde as illustrated in vna den Velde's 1605 book Spieghel der schrijfkonste; developed jointly by Paulo and Iza W), Penabico (2010, with Iza W); Penabico is a free interpretation of the copperplate script styles to be found in the Universal Penman, London, 1741, by George Bickham---it contains over 1500 calligraphic glyphs and 250 ornaments. Samples of Penabico: i, ii, iii, iv, v, vi, vii, viii, ix), Easy Calig, Intellecta Mixed Script (2008), Spencerian Constancia (2008), Calligraphia Latina Soft4 (2010, quilled ornaments), Intellecta Script commercial (2009), Spencerian By Product (2009), Spencerian Palmer Penmanship Pro (2010), Indenture English Penman (2010), Calligraphia Latina (2008-2010, in weights called Soft2, Dense, 3, Soft4, Mixed, Square Edition).
- Victorian, Edwardian: Engel (2007, by Iza W in 15 styles that have a 1870s look), Compendium (Victorian), Costado (2009, a Victorian / Western face).
- Ornamental caps: Campi (2009), Doppel Mittel Lapidar Azure (2012), Musirte Antiqua (2012), The House of Usher (2012), Peterlon (2012), Dolphus Mieg Alphabet (2011, +Two), Dolphus Mieg Monograms (2011), Human Nature (2011), English Arabesque Revival 1900 (2011), Imprenta Royal Nonpareil (2011), XVI Century Shaw Woodcuts (2011), Ichweis Caps (2011), Cherubim Caps (2011), Rara Beleza (2011), Gothic 1880 Revival (2011), Angelicaps (2010), Unnamed Caps Two (2010), VertiCaps (2010) Rebimboca Caps (2010), Rebimboca Beveled (2012, free), Rebimboca Gradient (2012, free), Rebimboca Trash (2012, free), Rebimboca Outlined (2012, free), Republica Presente (2010), Speedball Metropolitan Caps (2010, after a design by Ross F. George), Nice Initials (2010), Morphelic (2010), DurerGotischCapitals (2010), Egmontian (2007, ornamental caps family), Saducismus Triumphatus (ornamental caps), Vogus (Victorian caps), Victorian Ornamental Capitals (2009) and Frompac 1889 Arabesque (2007) [both are classical arabesques published in Ludwig Petzendorfer's Schriften-Atlas. Eine Sammlung der wichtigsten Schreib- und Druckschriften aus alter und neuer Zeit nebst Initialen, Monogrammen, Mappen, Landeskarten und heraldischen Motiven fur die praktischen Zwecke des Kunstgewerbes, 1889], Lettrines Petin (+Ornée), Numa Initials (2006), Gradl Initialen, Vampirevich (2009, ornamental caps), Paulus Franck 1602 (2006, ornate caps), Geodec (2006, baroque caps), HostetlerFetteUltfrakturOrnamental (2007, blackletter caps), Cadels (2007, ornate caps by Iza W), Manuscript XIV Century (2007, by Iza W--four Lombardic caps), Merona (2007, by Iza W--ten Lombardic caps fonts), Selena (2007, by Iza W---ornate Victorian caps), Leyenda (great Victorian era ornamental caps), Mixed Capital Style (2007, caps), Lenda (2008, capitals), Kidnaped at Old Times (2008, ornamental caps, ransom note style), Mortised Capitals, Is Not ABrazilian Font (hand-printed blackboard bold caps), Robur The Conqueror (2009, ornamental caps), Georgia Capitals (2009), Decadence avec Elegance (exaggerated ornamental caps).
- The American Advertise series: American Advertise No. 9 (2008), American Advertise No. 17 (2007, 19th century caps), American Advertise 018 and 019 (2008), American Advertise Square Series (2007), American Advertise 003 (2012), American Advertise 004 (2010), American Advertise 005 (2010), American Advertise 006 (2010, alphadings), American Advertise 007 (2010, ornamental caps).
- Ornaments, fleurons: Transportation Dings *2015), Cornucopia of Dingbats Eight (2015), Animals Old Cuts Two (2015), Unpublished Ornaments Two (2013), Classix (2012), Cornucopia of Dingbats (2012-2014, +Two, +Three, +Four, +Five, +Six, +Seven), Cornucopia of Ornaments (2013; +Two, +Three, +Four, +Five, +Six, 2014), Cornucopia Caligrafica (2012), Vintage Hands (2012), Human Silhouettes (2012; +Free, 2013; +Two, 2013; +Human Silhouettes Three, 2013; +Four, 2013; +Five, 2014; +Six, 2014; +Seven, 2014; +Eight, 2014; +Nine, 2015), Easy Fleurons (2012), Floreale Two (2012), Neoclassic Fleurons Free (2011), Calligraphic Frames Soft (2011, +Two), Jugendstil Flowers Free (2011), Easy Ornaments (2011), Blasons (2011), Blasons Free (2012), Armorial (2011), Monograms Soft (2010, with Iza W), Easy Tiles (2010), Free Tiles (2010), Rough Fleurons Two (2010), Vegetable Breathe (2010), Corn Pop Plus (2010), Mortised Fleurons (2010), Mortised Ornaments (2011), Mortised Ornaments Free Two (2013), Golden Times (2010), Stahlhelme und Kronen (2010), Rough Fleurons (2006), Nouveau Never Dies (2009, ornaments), GeodecBruceOrnamented6 (2006, after a sample from the Bruce Type Foundry), Grave Ornamental (2006), BlackOrnaments (2008), Hera Hedelix (2009, ornamental tiles), Mortised Ornaments (2009), Soft Fleurons (2007), Half Flower (2007), Frames 1 (2007, by Iza W), Flower Essences, Micro Fleurons (2009), Naturella (2009, leaf and grape dingbats by Iza W), Black Fleurons (2010), Easy Fleurons Two (2011), Intellecta Borders (2008, by Iza W), Intellecta Style (2007, borders).
- Fonts made before 2007: Brute Aldine (2007, Western family), Bad Situation (2007, after a design by Freeman Delamotte from 1864), Benjamin Franklin (2007), Geodec Petras Enhanced (2006), Deutsche Poster (2006), FatFontGrotesk (2006), Orchis (2006, an art deco family by Iza W), Fantis (2006), Frompac (2006, with Iza W), Geodec Fog (2006), Intellecta Modern (2006), Intellecta Modern 2 (2006), Intellecta Romana Humanistica (2006), Advantage (2006, together with Iza W), Biza (2006, together with Iza W), Elegancy (2006, together with Iza W), Estiliza (2006, a sans family together with Iza W), Experitypo 4, Stairway to Heaven, Copperplate PW, Dings PW, Roger Dean, Gliphs PW, Luxeuil, Watchtower Bible 1965, Gabinete Portugues (11 fonts), Elara (2009), Xilografuras (dingbats), Beta, Alta, Paleolitica Nacional, Shakespeare Studs, Copperplate collection (5 fonts), Wine, Ampersamp, James Poem, Leal Conselheiro, Haeckel Enygma, Iza B, Of, Lementa (2006, ornate family), Pirates (dingbats), Wire Clip (2009), Divina Proportione (2009, dingbats), Tharagaverung (2007), Correo (2009, a nice manly bold face), Titivilus (2007, Roman lettering), Pirates De Luxe (2007, dingbats), Geodec Minuskel (2006), Geodec Spyral (2006), Copperplate Decorative (2006), Feosa (2006), Francesco Decorative (2006, Iza W), Geodec Petras Enhanced (2006), Ibarra Flourished (2006), Intellecta Decorative 017 (2006), Intellecta Decorative 018 (2006), Intellecta Slab Bold (2006), Kansas Decorative (2006), Pingente (2006), Sixties Living (2006), Caractere Doublet (2007), DeutschePosterSteinschrift (2007; by Iza W), Bailarina (2007), GP Casual Script (2007), Colonia Portuguesa (2007), Contouration (2007), Deco Experiment 3 (2007), Floresco (2007), Flower Jars (2007, by Iza W---a very nice idea), Frutisis (2007), Intellecta Monograms (2007: 19 monogram fonts by Paulo W), Intellecta Monograms Random Sample (2012-2013: several typefaces), Peloponeso (2007, by Iza W), Porcupine (2007, by Iza W), Southern Flight (2007, by Iza W---condensed), TTF TTTOEF 4 (2007, by Iza W---dingbats), GeodecBruceFlourished, HostetlerNormande, Victorian Ultra Parphernalia (2007), Angels (2007), Angels Free (2013), Mondrongo (2007), Oorlog (2007).
- Fonts in 2008: Das Riese (3d engraved caps, +Shadow), Economica (sans, T26), Antiqua Double 12, Bad Baltimore (+Beveled, +Typewriter), Calligraphia Latina (2008-2009, in weights called Soft2, Dense, 3, Mixed, Square Edition, Free), Fry's Alphabet, Grissom (bug dingbats, by Iza W), Latinish (by Iza W), Lettering Deco (by Iza W), Litho Romana Inland, Quadratta Serif (a slab serif by Fernando Diaz), TTF TATTOEF 7 (by Iza W).
- Fonts made in 2009: Eingraviert (engraved; scans: i, ii, iii), Eingraviert Beveled (2011), Greko Roman Oldstyle, Ortodoxa do oriente, Sans Square, Speedball (by Iza W, Victorian style), Speedball Western Letters (after Ross F. George's lettering), Elara (2009), Intellecta Roman Tall, Force Brute & Ignorance, Sunamy Caps, Starret, The Pilgrim (alphadings), Renaisperian (alphadings), Real Caps Two, Mateus Bold (4 bold styles), Intellecta Crafts (arts and crafts family), Bruce 1490, Bradley Dingies (five dingbat typefaces, after William H. Bradley), Allerlei Zierat Renaissance, Grave Plus, the grungy Monkey series (Victorian Monkey, Monkey Poesy, Monkey Messed Gutenberg Caps, Monkey Was Here, Monkey Insinuation, Monkey In The Middle Ages), Montezuma (dingbats), Grotesque and Arabesque, Calhambeque (old car dingbats), Eiger (2009, a 3d sketched headline face).
- Faces made in 2010: Polen, Pencraft (capitals were inspired in Swagger Capitals, an original design from Carl Stephen Junge, at Barnhart Brothers & Spindler; lowercase based Pencraft Specials, an ornamental variation of the Pencraft Oldstyle series, as displayed in the BBS catalog from 1922), Salamemingoe (children's hand), BarberPoles, Beware the neighbors (scary), BlackInitialText, CaligrafiaDivina, CornPop, CowboyHippie Pro, Grotesca3-D, Nardis, Senzacuore, Speedball Metropolitan Poster (2010, after a design by Ross F. George), TagWood, Tosca, TypographyTribute, Zooland, Bubbleboddy-Fat, bubbleboddylight-Light, Pretoria Gross (a Victorian family done with Iza W), Wood Font Five (wood plank font), Wood Font Four, Herr Foch (art nouveau), Rebimboca, Octagon French (a 3d beveled typeface due to George Nesbitt, 1838), Picuxuxo (retro futuristic, comic book style), Large Old English Riband, Ornamental Riband, Kidings (Dutch dingbats), Hostil (originally done in 2007: a headline family; followed by Hostil Shadow Two (free, 2012) and Hostil Gradient (free, 2012)), Grotesca, Heptagon French, Antiquariaat (condensed), Cortinado, Sanoxio (3d headline face), Violentia (grunge), Swirlies (spiral dings).
- Faces from 2011: Dia de los Muertos (fantastic skeletal masks), Inland Becker, Rasgos Escritura Nuevos, Jaggard (2007, a renaissance penmanship caps typeface modeled after Joachim Romann's Queen (1954-1956, Stempel)), Jaggard Two, Naive Ornaments Black, Augustus (+Beveled: roman letters), Sayonara (oriental simulation face; the Beveled style is free), Trash Barusa (inline ornamental face), Free Ribbons, Black Ornaments Three, Calligraphia Latina Soft 5, Heraldic Devices Premium, Ornate Blackboards, Benjamin Franklin Beveled, Baltimore Typewriter Beveled, Bernardo Beveled, Van den Velde Script (a free interpretation of the work of the famous master penman Jan van den Velde, found in the Spieghel der schrijfkonste, in den welcken ghesien worden veelderhande gheschrifften met hare fondementen ende onderrichtinghe (Haarlen, 1605)), Indenture English Penmanship, Penmanship Birds and Ornaments (2012), Beware The Neighboors Shadow (texture face), White Free (shadow face), Delamotte Large Relief Beveled.
- Typefaces made in 2012: Porosa, Presto, Derradeira (signage script), About Sweet Memories (brush script), Intellecta Ribbons, Irrelevante (beveled caps), Laus Sus Chris (Christian dingbats), Unpublished Ornaments, Heavy Squared Writing (brush face), Mezcla Titan, Sweet About (retro script), Publicité, Hard to read monograms, Free Medieval, Doctor Polidori (initial caps), Mixed Silhouettes (One through Five), Glosilla Castellana Cursiva (inline type family), Sayonax (a textured version of the oriental simulation typeface Sayonara), Wood Stevens (free), Rockabilly (fifties script), Interdite Script (heavy calligraphic face), Prismatica (free), Cristalid (free prismatic face), Zed Leppelin (free), Neo Bulletin Outline (free), Neo Bulletin College (2012), Victorian Free Ornaments (+Two), Spanish Army Shields (+Two), Varius Multiplex, Stephens Heavy Titling.
- Typefaces from 2013: Face of Yesterday (calligraphic script), Ribbon in the sky, Dreamer (a flowing upright semi-connected script), Vorname (blackletter), Barocque Capitals, Close To You (a rabbit-eared script), Wappen (heraldic shields), Eletroz (hand-printed), Morcrepito (blackletter), Metropolitan Poster Black, Animal Silhouettes, Intellecta Pointers and Hands, The Loyalist (script), Vonnegut (a left-leaning script), Perhaps Love (left-leaning script), So Lonely (script), Exposition (upright script), Plaster of Paris (connected script), Volstead (connected script), Versitia (connected script), Porongo (heavy brush script), Fat Fantasy, Das Krieg (soldier dingbats), Corn Pop Two (ornamental corners), Corn Pop Four, Corn Pop Five, Astrodings, Vulnavia Sans (comic book face), Capitular Heraldica, Mirella Initials Ornamntals (a swashy calligraphic script; with Iza W), Carpete (retro script), Free Writer, Round Hand, Exclusivite (fifties script), Hertz Oscillations (fat retro script), Heavy Rock (fifties script), Raindrops (retro script), Ralph Walker (ronde), Exiles (retro signage script), Mr. Richmond Caps (art nouveau alphadings), Berengard Caps Two.
- Typefaces from 2014: Prester John, Animals Old Cuts, Take a Pebble, Corn Pop Five (borders), Kidnapped at German Lands (ransom note font), Kidnapped at German Lands 2, Kidnapped at German Lands 3, Kidnapped at German Lands 4 (finished in 2016).
- Typefaces from 2015: Rogeer (script), Chart Moss, Eliensee, Speedball Ragged, State Bridge, Derniere Script, Grissom Four (dingbats of critters), Das Modern, Zona Pro (a sans family).
- Typefaces from 2016: Ares Modernos, Soldier William Holmes (vintage handwriting), Doctor Russel (script), Hollandisch Closed (blackletter), Rough Flowers (floral ornaments), Equis (crosses), Mattaaus (a counterless poster font), Holland Morleau (a Kanzlei style blackletter font), Rough Vignettes, Rechnung (a bejeweled didone), Alphabet Fantasie (decorative caps), Phantasinian (blackletter), Loosing Memory (blackletter), Laandbrau (blackletter), Lord Radcliff.
Berlin-based designer of the 3d- carpentry alphabet Mann von Wald ABC (2014). Behance link. [Google]
[The Northern Block (TNB)]
Designer based at UW-Stout in Menomonie, WI, who created the wooden plank font Treehouse (2003). [Google]
Dutch type designer whose fonts may be bought from 2Rebels in Montreal. They are now generally available from T-26. Some creations: BlackMail (1996, ransom note font), Educational, EricsSome (dot matrix face), Mould Archi (1997, grunge), Tsjecho (1997, a wood type simulation face), Wire And Planks (1997, a semi-stencil).
Future URL. Klingspor link.
View Martijn Oostra's typefaces. [Google]
Jerantut Pahang, Malaysia-based designer of the outlined typefaces Hahahaha (2016) and Jerantet 1977 (2016), and the wooden plank typeface Sri Papan (2016). In 2017, he made the handcrafted typeface Conteng Marker and Buloh Inn II (a rope font). [Google]
Czech creator of the old typewriter font Psacstroj (2011), Rifle 1 (2012, a wooden plank typeface), Willy 2 (2011, hand-printed), Ozzy 2 (2011, grunge blackletter face), and Mucha (2011, art nouveau).
In 2013, the dot matrix typeface family PlDvl was created.
Abstract Fonts link. Fontspace link. [Google]
[Nick Curtis: Typefaces from 2011]
Nick Curtis: Typefaces from 2011
Typefaces made by Nick Curtis from 2011, not listed elsewhere on these pages: Jersey City NF (modeled after Times Gothic (1905, ATF)), Petty Despot NF (2011, also modeled after Times Gothic, and possibly renamed from Jersey City NF after Berthold---yes, the same Berthold again---complained about the name Jersey since one of its fonts by Gustav Jaeger was named Jersey. This is my educated guess..., and two thumbs up to Nick for picking the appropriate name Petty Despot NF). Olde Megrat NF is patterned after Antikva Margaret, designed by Zoltán Nagy for VGC in the mid-60s. Herkimer Bunrab NF is an upright scriptish typeface with bunnyears that is based on Hercules (1926, Amsterdam Typefoundry). Blackbarry NF (2011) is a faithful revival of Deutsch Black (1966, Barry Deutsch, VGC), a unicase piano key typeface. Bindlestiff NF (2011), which won the 2011 Devroye Memorial Medal for funniest typeface name, revives Schmallfette Binder Style (1959, Joseph Binder, Stempel AG), a squarish tightly set headline face. Decked Out NF (2011) is a fat inline typeface modeled on Dektiv in Homage to the Alphabet. Bazoo Tow NF (2011) is a fun fattish headline typeface that is a faithful reroduction of Basuto (1927, Stanley Baxter for Stephenson Blake). Are You Shaw NF (2011) is an all-caps blackboard bold typeface inspired by Pygmalion, a typeface found in Homage to the Aplhabet. Hoodoo U NF (2011) is a roly-poly romp through the alphabet, based on Jürgen Riebling's irrepressible Mr. Big from the 1970s. Big, bold, bubbly and a little brash, it's a natural choice for happy headlines. The handlettered Mikeys Roman NF (2011) has an uppercase based on the work of Mike Stevens, and a lowercase based on the work of Alf Becker. Outgribe NF (2011) is a rough, raw typeface that is based on the lettering in Ben Shahn's iconic poster protesting the execution of Nicolo Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti in 1927. Nellie Kay NF (2011) is a monoline script face, based on an example by Ross F. George. Shaq Attack NF (2011) is a wooden plank style or brushy typeface inspired by an alphabet of Alf R. Becker. Relampago NF (2011) revives Hans Möhring's bilined typeface Elegante Lichte (1928). Squirrely Shirley NF (2011) is a bouncy typeface based on Phoenix (unknown creator) in Schriftatlas. Spread Out NF (2011) is modeled after Ross F. George's Split Caps. Salzburger Plakat NF (2011) is based on an Austrian winter sports festival poster from 1907 by Swiss poster designer Otto Baumberger (1889-1961). Rightly So NF (2011) is a squarish typeface based on Geometric Gothic (1884, Palmer and Rey)---it is hard to imagine that this almost pixelish style was around at that epoch. Kenotaph NF (2011) is a condensed headline slab serif modeled after Stymie Obelisk (1930s, Morris Fuller Benton). Vasari NF (2011) is based on Ancient Gothic (1891, William W. Jackson, Keystone Type Foundry). Moslem (Boston Type Foundry) was revived as Suffiya NF (2011). Looky Cookie NF (2011) has eyes placed on the glyphs. Iago NF (2011) is a powerful headline sans inspired by two ATF typefaces from the 1880s, Othello and ATF Black Caps. Big Bag NF (2011) is called an industrial-strength titling face by Nick Curtis---it has design elements of Hans Eduard Meier's Syntax Antiqua. Highpoint Gothic NF (after Morris Fuller Benton's 1932-1935 typeface Raleigh Gothic Condensed). Fernburner NF is an all caps shadow face, modeled after Hans Bohn's 1929 typeface Orplid. Planscribe NF is based on types used by the Leroy Automatic Lettering Machine, a tool for architects. [Google]
Czech designer (b. 1967) who studied at the Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design in Prague. He founded Studio Machek & Babak. Since 2003, he works as a graphic designer at his own studio, Laboratory. Head of the Graphic Design and New Media department at the Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design in Prague since 2005.
Designer of the experimental typeface Prkno (1992-1993, wooden plank-shaped letters). At Briefcase Type in 2014, he published the grungy typefaces Prkno, Rezan, Sijan (a needle and thread font) and Trhan.
Interview (in Czech). Graphic design and new media web page. [Google]
Designer of the brush and weathered wooden plank font Bohitekweng Brush (2018). [Google]
Press Gang Studios (was: Shonenpunk, or: Andeh Fonts, or: Teabeer Studios)
Press Gang Studios is the latest name of Andeh Pinkard's place on the web, Before that, it was called Shonenpunk, and before that, Andeh Fonts, and before that, Teabeer Studios. Andeh Pinkard (b. 1980) is the Whittier, CA-based comic artist and designer (b. 1979) of these free (and often, comic book) fonts:
- Typefaces from 2017: Wrecking Krew (glaz krak font).
- Typefaces from 2016: Outrun Future (brush type), Badonk-a-donk 2 (cartoon font), Comic Douche.
- Typefaces from 2015: Battle Breath (very rough comic book style), Fighting Wordz.
- Typefaces from 2014: Punch It, Manga Speak 2, Dreamgirl's Dream.
- Typefaces from 2013: Grind Zero, Pixel Dead, Space Punk, Skrunch (comic book face), Otaku, Otaku Rant Bold, At Risk Youth, Pixelpunk.
- Old Evils (2012) and Sugar Death (2012): brush typefaces.
- Counter Hit (2012), Roof Runners (2012) and Roof Runners Active (2012). A triplet of comic book typefaces.
- All Exes Must Die (2012), Hangover Monday (2012).
- Welcomic Bros (2011, hand-printed), Boom Tank (2011, angular family), Outlander (2011, poster face), Shin Akiba Punx (2011), Pandora Limiter (2011), Geekriot (2011), Punkboy (2011), Pandora Limiter (2011, manga face).
- DealspinnerTBS (2010), MicCheckTBS-Bold (2010), Obssessed (2010), StubbornHeartzTBS (2010), comichuslte (2010), Setlist TBS (2010, comic book style).
- Facepunch (2009), Goon Spectre (2009), Indy Pimp (2009, comic book style), 30 Pack Girl (2009, comic book style), Fighting Spirit (2009, brush face).
- Brutal Dude (2008, scratchy comic book face), AkibaPunx-BoldItalic, AkibaPunx (2008, comic book typefaces), Vigilante Sidekick (2008, comic book style), Street Cred (2008, comic book style family), Rise Up (2008, comic book style).
- Gunblade (2007), Webcomic Whore (2007, comic book face), Taste of Steel (2007), Post Human (2007), Walk The Plank (2007, letters made from planks), Webcomic Whore (2007, comic book face), Shonenpunk v2 (2007, comic book face), Whisked away (2007), Doujinshi (2007, comic book face), Badonk-a-donk (2007, comic book style), Firewall Zero (2007, techno), Badonk-a-donk (2007, comic book), Adam Warren (2007, comic book family; see also here), Manga Speak (2007, comic book).
- Keisadiya (2006), Robo Pimp Slap (2006), Dirty Duo (2006, handwriting), Shellhead (2006, blockish family), Zerogene (2006, handwriting), Shank (2006, handwriting), Shonen Punk Custom (+Bold) (2006, comic book style typefaces), Endbuster (2006, robot anime inspired).
Links: Devian Tart link. Dafont link. Another Devian Tart link. At FontStruct, he made pinkee_1. Fontspace link. Another Devian Tart link. 1001 Fonts link. Klingspor link. [Google]
Spanish designer who created the poo-themed typeface Defecafont (2005) as well as Fat Ass (2007) and the wooden plank style typeface Helter Skater (2009). Dafont link. [Google]
Lahore, Pakistan-based designer of the wooden plank-themed typeface Wood (2017). [Google]
Scriptorium (Ragnarok Press, Fontcraft)
[David Fleming Nalle]
Dave Nalle was born in Beirut in 1959, but lives and works in Texas. He is currently in Manor, TX. From his wiki page: Dave Nalle is a political writer, game author and font designer who was active in the early history of the development of the internet. He is Chairman of the Republican Liberty Caucus, a group that promotes libertarianism within the Republican Party and is Senior Politics Editor at Blogcritics online magazine and is the CEO of Scriptorium Fonts. A creative and prolific designer, he has made hundreds of beautiful (often historic) fonts. His outfit, Scriptorium (based near Austin, TX, est. 1989), also does custom font and logo design. At some points, Scriptorium was also known as Ragnarok Press and Fontcraft. It specializes in artsy and ancient typefaces. Some subset of the fonts is made by Michael Scarpitti. Free font demos.
Images of his best selling fonts. Special subpages:
Some selected fonts: Finchley (psychedelic), Captain Kidd (2012, an original font design based on the title lettering from the classic pirate movie starring Charles Laughton), Aerobrush (2011), Fondry Ornament (2009), Atkinson Egyptian (2008, after the lettering of Frank Atkinson), Verne (2008), Goldwork (almost blackletter), BigBlok (2010), LetterpressGothic (2010), Plymouth (2010, in the style of Cooper Bold), Broadley (2008, an architecturally inspired script based on lettering by British architect and designer C.F.A. Voysey), Locksley (2004, medieval lettering), Tuscarora (curly lettering), Fiorenza (Renaissance calligraphy), Hesperides (old colonial calligraphic script), Angelus (beautifully printed monospaced script), Esperanza (1996, connected medieval handwriting), Ithuriel (2002), Alleghieri (2002), Hamilton (2002), Spiral Initials, Zothique (great font, based on hand lettering from a map of Clark Ashton Smith's fantasy world of Zothique), Reynard (semi-Celtic), Daresiel (elegant script), Caliph (1992, Arabic simulation), Bassackwards, Rosalinde (1999, handwriting), Arakne (2000, connected handwriting), Falconis (by Michael Scarpitti), Asrafel (semi-Celtic), Swithin (2004), Tyrfing (Art Nouveau/Fraktur, 1999), Waldeck (2008, blackletter), Woburn Initials, Stampwork, Draughtwork, Roughwork (a codex font derived from Nalle's own True Golden which is based on a=n earlier typeface by arts and crafts master William Morris), Melusine (gothic calligraphy), Corbei (uncial), Niederwald (hand lettering), Gjallarhorn (great uncial), Gaiseric (early medieval uncial), Taranis (1987, an uncial first drawn as a font for the cover of the old Ysgarth roleplaying system), De Bellis (roman era, by Michael Scarpitti), Engravers Gothic, Monimental Initials, Sanhedrin (Enemy of the State font), Vespasiano (roman capitals, by Michael Scarpitti), Bilitis, Hendrix (2002), Collins OE (old English), Samedi, Praitor, Evadare (1993, based on a character set which was hand calligraphed by Rudolf Koch), Koch Fantasie (1993), Black Cow (1998). Zothique, Ruritania, Mariner (2004, based on hand lettering originally done by Willy Pogany), Trinculo (a swinging cursive font), Texas Star (2002), Octavian (antique demi-serif font), Ruffian (antique type font), Ascelon (thin sans serif font), Munich (title lettering from Munchner Jugend magazine), Necromantic (bizarre bold titling font), Titania (romantic decorative lettering font), Oberon (bold romantic font), Knotwork, Guede (1993), Pullman, Purcell (Victorian circus poster style font), Allegheny, Carmilla, Malagua (1999-2013), Ardenwood, Platthand, Buccaneer, Cochin Archaic (2010), Boswell (1994), Guilford (based on lettering by artist and calligrapher Eric Sloane), Death Ray (2012, constructivist), Alecto (futuristic), Candlemas (2003), Bridgeport (2003, based on lettering by artist and calligrapher Eric Sloane), Medieval Tiles (2003), Linthicum (2003), Draughtwork (2003), Yngling (Fraktur, 2003), Rheingold (elaborate Fraktur: Music Hall Text elsewhere; see also Teuton Text, Cincinnati Type Foundry, 1877), Kidd (2003), Belgravia (2004), Peck Shields (2004), Scrawlies (2000, hand-crafted), Albrecht Durer Gothic (2004), Orpheus (2004), InduXtrial (2004, a grunge face), Yoshitoshi (2003), Veronique (2004), Veneto (2006), Vidilex (1993, monospaced), Abelarde (2006), John Speed (1993: a mapmaker font), Furbelow (2006), Estoril (2006), Tangle, Aventine (sans), Texas Star (2002), Groningen (Bauhaus design), Nevins Hand, Scrapple (2011, Victorian, ornamental), Leodegar (2011, based on samples of 7th century Frankish hand lettering), Candlemass (2012).
- Three free fonts: Onuava (a mini-serifed hybrid fixed-width font), Divona (sans), Sirona (based on Lombardic calligraphy).
- Lombardic: Aneirin, Benevento (8th century Lombardic), Cymbeline, Fabliaux, Formidable, Locksley.
- Decorative initials such as the 20th century sign lettering initials set Pencraft Initials (2009), New Saxon Initials (2016, based on work by F.G. Delamotte), Delamotte Initials One (2016), Delamotte Initials Two (2016), Holly Initials (2010, based on Real PenWork (1880s, Knowles and Maxim), Vyones (2010), Vergennes (2001), Cascade (2009), Bergling (2010; based on initials by John M. Bergling).
- Wild West fonts: Academy, Alcalde, Atkinson Boomtown (2009, after the lettering of Frank Atkinson), Atkinson Eccentric (2009), BigIron, Cibola, Del Norte, Lachesis, Perdido, Plowright, Primer, Riudoso, Niederwald, San Lorenzo (2011, with a Mexican and Tuscan look), Stonehouse, Manquo, Rochambeau, Purcell, Vaquero.
- Arabic simulation fonts: Samaritan is based on the poster lettering of Alphons Mucha from his poster for the play La Samaritan. Serendib and Waziri are based on the hand lettering of René Bull from his edition of the Arabian Nights. Caliph (1993) is derived from Ernst Schneidler's classic Legende font, with variant characters based on his original lettering. Also: Satampra, Jerash, Samarkand, Isfahan.
- Celtic fonts: the fonts include Constance, Durrow (1993, traditional rendering of Insular Minuscule calligraphy), Malvern, Glendower (based on the most common lettering in the Book of Kells), Knotwork (caps based on Celtic knots), Alba Text (modernized text font based on Celtic uncial lettering), Lindisfarne (based on a square uncial style), Stonecross (1997, derived from Celtic cross and gravestone inscriptions), Celtic Spirals (dingbats), Celtic Borders font (lets you combine key strokes to form decorative borders; many frames and borders are original Celtic designs by Arts&Crafts period artists like Evelyn Paul and Louis Rhead), Spiral Initials, Brigida (based on Rudolph Koch's interpretation of a squared uncial), Macteris Uncial, Coverack (heavy non-traditional uncial), Dahaut (modernized uncial), Dunsany, Glendower, Morgow (1999, spiral uncial), Teyrnon (elaborate spurred uncial), Padstow (heavy uncial), Vafthrudnir (2011, uncial), Sualtim and Columba (decorative initials based on characters found in the Book of Kells), Albemarle (2001).
- Oriental simulation fonts: Yoshitoshi (2003, based on the 1900-style writing by Yoshi Toshi.
- Gothic fonts, including Alt Gothic, Koch Gothic, Barnabas (2011), Sternhagen (2014), Montgisard (2010, roman capitals with blackletter lower case), Serenissima, Gelderland, Alcuin, Monumental, Goldwork, Waldeck, Roncesvalles, Montressor (2010, ornamental blackletter capitals), T4C Beaulieux (1998, a free copy here), Bastarda (2011), Burgundian, Cadeaulx, Collins Old English, Courtrai, Descant, Ereshkigal, Faustus, Franconian (1993, a Schwabacher), Froissart (2000), Ghost Gothic, Katisha, Koch Gothic, Ligeia, Magdeburg, Magdelena, Melusine, Pyle Gothic, Rheingold, Sanctum, Stuttgart Gothic (2010), Textura, Theodoric, Yngling (2002).
- German expressionist: Dromon.
- Renaissance fonts: Monumental Gothic, Caswallon (a Caslon family), humanist cursive (Palmieri, Castiglione and Hanes Italic), quirky Italian cursives (Fiorenza and Alleghieri), a Roman style hand-lettered font (Rudolfo and Rudolfo Swash), a Trajan-style Roman lettering (Hadrianus), a classic flourished cursive (Trinculo) and a set of floral intials from the Quattrocento (Fraticelli).
- Modern poster fonts: Ascelon, Bilitis, Cosmic Dude, Dromon, Ducatus Rough, Eglantine, Ekberg (2002, based on Samuel Welo's posters), Fortinbras, Hamilton, Jambon, Oblivion, Posada (2008, based on the poster lettering of Mexican artist José Guadalupe Posada), Squiffy, Suspicion, Magnin (2003).
- Mapmaker fonts: building elements are available in Basilica; Ortelius is a map dingbat font; Queensland (based on lettering by artist and calligrapher Eric Sloane), is bold, hand-drawn and reminiscent of medieval writing on maps. There are also Brandywine, Daresiel, Hesperides, Longhorne, Windlass (1996), and Cityscape. Orford (2008) is based on samples of hand lettering from a 1693 manuscript collected by Lewis Day in his classic book on historical paleography, Alphabets Old and New.
- Calligraphic fonts: Albemarle (2001), Azariel, Moncrief (2011, based on the calligraphy of J.M. Bergling), Pavane, Rasael (2009), Abdiel (2005), Roncesvalles, Gazardiel (2003, connected script), Spoonbill (2003, arts and crafts), Macteris (Roman uncial font), Antioch Uncial (Roman uncial font), Burgundian (Classic black letter font), Franconian (993, a classic black letter font), Castiglione (Attractive Renaissance lettering), Cicero (Roman Rustica font), Formidable (1993, very bold late medieval / Lombardic style), Collins Old English (Classic Old English style gothic), Corbei Uncial (Roman uncial font), Cymbeline (late medieval lettering), Durrow (Standard insular minuscule uncial font), Theodoric (Classic black letter font), Gazardiel, Ghost Gothic (Unusual gothic font), Glendower (Uncial font based on Book of Kells), Gloriana (Interesting hand lettering style), Folkard (from the hand-lettering of Charles Folkard), Offenbach Chancery, Ranegund Merovingian Courthand, Benevento (8th century Lombardic), Hesperides.
- Art deco typefaces: Imperatore (2018: based on a hand lettered design from California art deco master designer Pedro de Lemos in the 1920s), Speakeasy (2018), Gates of the West (2018), Lyceum (2014), Borealis (2009), Criterion (2011), Illuminata, Madding (2009, a bold poster font that grew out of Aventine), Alexandrine (2009), art Deco Stencil (2009, based on samples of Art Deco stencil lettering by Pedro Lemos), Falmouth.
- Art nouveau typefaces: Acadian, Agravain (2009), Amphitryon (2009), Ariosto, Asphodel, Averoigne, Beaumains (2011, based on J.M. Bergling's lettering), Beauvoir, Belgravia (based on J.M. Bergling), Bernhardt (based upon the lettering of the Czech art-nouveau artist Alphonse Mucha), Bentham, Berenicia, Boetia (2003, based on J.M. Bergling's lettering), Bruges, Bucephalus (1993), Burd Ellen (2009), Butterfield, Cafe Society (2018), Curetana, Damariscotta, Elsene (2011, based on lettering by early 20th century illustrator Clara Elsene Peck), Elysian, Exotique, Flaubert, Gaheris, Ganelon, Gehenna, Goodfellow, Harbinger, Huyot (2016, after Georges Auriol's types), Jugendstil Kunsthand (2003), Lysander, Maginot (1993; after Peter Schnorr, 1898), Munich (after the Munchner Jugend magazine), Norumbega, Odeon, Ormandine (2010), Pantagruel, Phaeton, Reggio, Rochmbeau, Rockne (2009), Rudolfo, Setebos, Sprite, Summerisle, Sylphide (2005), Undine, Valentin (2008), Vambrace (2010), Walhal, Wendingen (2016), Wormwood (2018), Zeitschrift (2016, based on the Ver Sacrum magazine).
- Modern poster fonts: Field Day (2003), Ascelon, Bilitis, Cosmic Dude, Dromon, Ducatus Rough, Eglantine, Ekberg (2002, based on Samuel Welo's posters), Fortinbras, Hamilton, Jambon, Oblivion, Squiffy.
- Constructivist fonts: Krasny Mir (2009), Vrubel, Structura (1997).
- Futuristic fonts: Alecto, Angelus, Circuit, Culdrose, Gearhead, Ironclaw, Parika, Sanhedrin, Semiramis (1997), Slither, Structuro, Yazata, Adastra (dings).
- Borders and ornaments. These include New Arets and Crafts Borders (20912, based on The Calendar of Golden Thoughts (Barse and Hopkins Publ, 1911).
- Boneyard fonts: Undertaker (2014), Antrobus (2010), Sepultura (2002), Halloweenies, Dementia, Boneyard, Skull and Bones, Malagua (1999-2013), Paleos (2002, from titling of B movies in the cave girl genre), Carmilla, Abaddon, Black Cow (1998), Valdemar, Cuede, Ligeia, Mayhem, Mephisto, Golgotha, Sanguinary, Ironworks, Moravia, Gehenna, Nosegrind (2005, graffiti), Corpus, Ghostly.
- School fonts: Schoolhand (2010).
- Arts and Crafts movement (late Victorian period, 19th century), based on work and lettering by Walter Crane, William Morris, Charles Rennie Mackintosh and Elbert Hubbard. The Arts&Crafts movement was enormously influential on the works of designers, artists and architects of the 20th century, and inspired the Art Nouveau and Art Deco movements. Fonts include William Morris' Kelmscott (based on Morris' Troy type), and True Golden, fonts from the Glasgow branch of the movement like Chelsea Studio (1997), which is based on Charles Rennie Mackintosh's lettering, fonts from the Roycrofters of New York like Semiramis and Ganelon, fonts based on Walter Crane's work such as Crane Gothic, Pencraft Initials (2009) and Walter Crane, and even fonts from the California Arts&Crafts period of the early 1900s like Coloma. Other typefaces: Jesse M. King (refreshed in 2015, and based on hand lettering from a frontispiece design by Glasgow-based Jessie King who was known for her lavish book covers), Aylward, Palmyra (based on work by the Roycrofters, a design community founded by Elbert Hubbard), Aylward (2010, Victorian), Hyacinth Initials, Spoonbill, Adresack (1996: inspired by the arts and crafts lettering styles of designers like Charles Rennie MacKintosh and Jessie M. King), Brandywine, Changeling (2009, based on lettering by fairy artist Fanny Railton), Goddard, and Advertising Gothic (2003), Valentin, Gaheris, Agravain (2009). Delaguerra (2001-2009) is based on a lettering style originating in the California Arts&Crafts period commonly associated with Mission Style. It is still in common usage in signage at historical sites in California.
- Victorian: Beaumarchais, Berenicia, Bilibin, Brandywine, Brigidis, Curetana, Durendal, Elphinstone, Flaubert, Folkard, Gjallarhorn, Gloriana, Hermia, Ironclaw, Magnus.
- Typewriter: Fontcraft Courier.
- Anthroposophic: Ekberg (2002, based on a sample of poster lettering by Samuel Welo).
- Medieval fonts of Scriptorium, critiqued by Marc Smith, page 65: Batwynge is based on lettre gffe by Geofroy Tory (1529), and not on an illuminated manuscript of the tenth century as claimed by Scriptorium. Perigord (1993) is based on a Carolingian alphabet drawn by Ernst Bentele in 1952. Allencon is a calligraphic font based on an interpretation of 6th century Ostrogothic Italian calligraphy.
Fonts from 2013: Doge (a Venetian font based on a J.M. Bergling revival), Original Django (after the titling font in Quentin Tarantino's movie Django Unchained).
Fonts from 2014: Highball, Carillon (based on a typeface by Samuel Welo), Edifice (based on lettering by J.M. Bergling).
Fonts from 2015: Gods of Mars (an inline sci-fi typeface), Rykov (based on a 1930s Ukrainian constructivist style; Latin and Cyrillic), Vie Moderne (French art deco), Dahlgren, Grand Concours (art deco), Tantalus, Power Tie (art deco), Marquis Greeking.
Fonts from 2016: Ekberg Modern (based on lettering samples by Samuel Welo from poster designs of the 1920s), Knuckleduster, Tzaphkiel, Sarandiel, Primrose Initials, Elizabethan Script (chancery style), Zeitschrift (an art nouveau font based on the Ver Sacrum magazine), Wendingen (Dutch deco), Memento Mori (Tuscan), Rounders (art deco).
Fonts from 2017: Buzzmill (wooden plank font), Pumpkin Patch Initials, Talinn, Reliquary, Nopalito, Scattershot (script).
Typefaces from 2018: Marionettas (a Mexican horror movie poster font), Fascination, Architextura, Santa Sangre, Glyphos.
Klingspor link. Abstract Fonts link. Dafont link.
View David Nalle's typefaces. Scriptorrium's library. [Google]
Australian designer of Flamingo (2016, a connected script), Driftwood (2016), Sea Rope (2016), the hand-crafted typeface Splinter (2016) and the accompanying dingbat font, Splinter Ornamental (2016).
Typefaces from 2017: Seashell Script. [Google]
Eau Claire, WI-based outfit who sell their fonts at MyFonts and Font Diner: Sideshow was developed as an offshoot boutique type foundry of the Font Diner retro display font foundry. Their first work is a collection of calligraphic borders called the Certified Series (2008, by Stuart Sandler of Font Diner and Bai Mellon from France). Other work includes Goofball (2008, retro lettering by David Cohen and Stuart Sandler), Cocktail Shaker (2008, a retro font typical for Stuart Sandler), Bamboozle (2008, wooden plank look by David Cohen and Stuart Sandler), Blackcat (brush typeface by Sam Gambino and Stu Sandler), Creaky Frank (2008), Creaky Solid (2008), Creaky Tiki (2008) [all wood-style typefaces made by Sandler and Derek Yaniger], Blackcat Fever (2008), Weird Bill (2008), Weirdbats (2008, by Cohen and Sandler) and Toylab (2008, by Molly Zakrajsek and Stuart Sandler). Sandler added Derekbats (in cooperation with Derek Yaniger), Savage Hipsters (a bebop curly display face), Weird Bill (with David Cohen), Coffee Drinker (connected script) and Coffee Service (a signage face) in 2008.
At Google Web Fonts in 2011: Creepster (Halloween font), Trade Winds (pirate font), Frijole [image], Flavors [link].
Free fonts done in 2012: Rock Salt (hand-drawn).
View the Sideshow typeface library. [Google]
During his studies in Brisbane, Australia, Steele Evans designed a logotype based on wooden planks called Russian Circles (2013). [Google]
Stencil fonts: Graphic Obsession
Dead link (Graphic Obsession ceased operations in 2008). They listed commercial stencil fonts:
- From Elsner&Flake: Advera, Arston Stencil, Bank Stencil, Blippo Black, Caslon Fina Stencil, Chico Stencil Regular, Dex Gothic, Ferro, Futura Black, Geometric Stencil, Glaser Stencil, Glaser Stencil2, Kapitellia Bold, LaPina, Lasertac Stencil, Reedon Stencil, Rounded Stencil, Serpentine Stencil Regular, Stencil Antiqua (1999, by Sigrid Claessens and Günther Flake), Tea Chest Stencil, Walton Stencil, Western Stencil.
- From Two Rebels: Design, Graphic, Inbetween, Link, Manomessa, Proton, Wire And Planks.
- From Linotype: Auriol, Authentic Stencil Linotype, Sjablony Linotype, Stencil, Stop, Transport, Vision Linotype.
- From Monotype: Braggadocio.
- From ITC: Campaign, Rubber Stamp.
- From Bitstream: Freeform 721 (Bitstreams' version of Auriol), Futura Black, Sonic Extra Bold.
The 1477 Font Foundry
Founder of Atelier Zero Ltd and The 1477 Font Foundry in London. In 2012, he designed the squarish typeface Voona 1. He also drew several beautiful caps typefaces including the frilly Age of Decadence.
Typefaces from 2018: Blow Ted, Prim & Proper, More Say Ache, Reubenesqueish, Into Minds, Stay The Sway, Whoa Van, Hurley Curley, Blow Red, Surfer Zoil, Organic Too, Splish Splosh, Triffids Day Off, Slab Square Rounded, Game of Stones, Dark Ages (a hand-crafted Lombardic typeface), Not Quite Wright, Globular, InGrid, Magna Sea, And Gloves Axe On, Big Bold Chunky, Boing The Dots, Made Evil (decorated textured caps), Big Chunk, Jiggery Shrubbery, Re Twig, Pet Redish, Rub Her Side Lamp, Eye Wood Knot (wooden plank font), Jabby Rocky (Flintstone font), Phat Belle (plump psychedelia), Sir Riff Rough (curly), Stripe Bend, Stripe Bend Finesse, All Over The Shop, Not My Indent. [Google]
The Northern Block (TNB)
The Northern Block (TNB) is Jonathan Hill's foundry based in Leeds and/or Sheffield and/or Newcastle, UK, est. 2006. The designer and funder is Jonathan Hill (b. Sheffield, 1971) who lives in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK. Maria Pigoulevskaya joined The Northern Block as type designer in 2012. Home page. Free fonts by Jonathan Hill can be found at Dafont and Fontspace.
Another Dafont link. MyFonts link. Hellofont link. Behance link. Klingspor link. Abstract Fonts link. Alternate URL.
In 2010, he started FontStructing typefaces. His first was the grungy wooden plank typeface Timber Remnants. Also in this category is Laser Disco (2008, futuristic).
Typefaces from 2006 until 2008: Sylar (2008, a techno family in 16 styles), Geta Robo (2008, a mechanical typeface influenced by Japanese animation), Arctic Patrol (angular family), Dokter Bryce (2008, octagonal and severe), Orange Royale (2008, 8 styles of fat techno and stencil fonts), CorTen (2008, octagonal ultra-fat stencil), QueueBrick (2008, LED simulation), Center Forward (2008, futuristic), Platform One (2008, a futuristic family), Line Wire (2008, octagonal, influenced by the work of Dutch designer #Wim Crouwel), StealWerks (2006, LED-inspired stencil face; published at T-26) and Blockout (2007, 5 weights of a futuristic blocky type family). In 2008, these were followed by more computer-related typefaces such as VideoTech (futuristic), JoyRider and AstroNaut (octagonal+futuristic, now at T-26). WerkHaus (2008) is a 5-style family inspired by the minimal sans typefaces of Herbert Bayer and the Bauhaus movement.
Typefaces from 2009: Scriber (2009, octagonal techno family), Get A Robo (2009, a 10-weight mechanical family influenced by Japanese animation (Anime)), Ten Gu (2009, paperclip font remastered from the 1970's Letragraphica font Tangui), Orange Royal (2009, rounded stencil), VideoTech (2009, inspired by computer games for the Commodore 64), SkyWing (2009, rounded typeface inspired by Japanese computer console games, such as Captain Tsubasa created by Yoichi Takahashi), VanBerger (2009, an octagonal family influenced by the De Stijl movement), Logan Five (2009, techno family inspired by the 1976 sci-fi film Logan's Run), Zaius (2009, a bold sans family that includes a stencil style, all based on Ed Benguiat's work for the 1968 movie poster for Planet of the Apes), Oric Neo (2009, a free octagonal techno family; +Stencil), VanBerger Stencil (2009, a free geometric sans influenced by Theo Van Doesburg and the De Stijl movement), Aldo (2009, +Open: a bold stylized type typeface re-worked from the original 1970s movie poster The Battle For The Planet Of The Apes), Sylar Stencil.
Typefaces from 2010: Intropol (2010; image), Arcle (a monoline organic sans), Hoxton (humanist sans family), Lintel (monoline sans family with a large x-height), Knul (monoline sans), Dohrma (a machismo geometric face; +Inline), Planer (a technical writing family), Otomo (a Japanese techno family that includes a stencil), Yodo (a geometric experimental family in 3 weights), Nu Order (a sans family that includes a very thin weight), PyeMan (2009, a piano key font named after the PacMan game), ProtoFet, DraftWerk (a minimal rounded typeface inspired by architecture and furniture detail drawings), DyeLine (a geometric face with a great hairline weight), Cobol (2010, great octagonal monowidth face), Draftwerk (architectural lettering), Olympik (a gorgeous multiline family based on Letraset's Optex, 1970), Kaine (a slab family inspired by 1960s spaghetti westerns: +Stencil, +Outline, +Italic +Block; Hill says that The grid template is based on Welt Extra Bold from Letraset with detailed changes, additional characters and new style variations.), Brion (a modernization and extension of A. Mailay's rounded sans font Arpad (1971, VGC); Kaine Block, the counterless version, is free at Dafont). Mekon (2010) is a fat sans display typeface with a free horizontally striped style. MarkusLow (2010) is a revival and extension of Basilea (1965, Markus Low, VGC). Teletex (2010; +Ultra Light, +Light, +Medium) is a typewriter style slab serif whose design was influenced by Rockwell.
Typefaces from 2011: Dekal (nice fat multiline family, +Inline), Norpeth (2011, a humanist neutral sans family), Bosko (+Stencil, +Block), Bosko Block (2011, free), Woolworth (sans family), NeoGram (sans family), Juhl (an organic/ geometric sans family with the bowls of b, c, d. p and q modeled after chairs). Millar (2011) is a simple monoline sans family. Tondu (2011) is a strong sans poster face---its early version, Tondu Beta (2011), is free. Gelder Sans (2011) is a clean modern sans serif typeface. Brokman (2011) is a contemporary 10-style sans family. Vitro (2011) is a monoline geometric sans family. Beval (2011) is a humanist sans family. Nurom (2011), Monsal (2011), Tadao (2011) and Kuro (2011) are additional sans families. Heltar (2011) is a revamping, TNB style, of Helvetica. Regan Slab is a readable slab family. It was followed in 2012 by Regan (the sans version) and Regan Alt.
Jonathan Hill's most popular typefaces.
Type designs done in 2012: Hackman (elliptical sans), Borda (octagonal), Savile (humanist sans), Metrik (a nice geometric---borderline organic---sans family), Metral (rounded octagonal typeface), Uniman, Kobern (a strong sans), Reznik (techno sans).
Type designs from 2013 by Jonathan Hill: Nauman (a humanist sans family with attention paid to the triple (1, i, j)), Gunar, Nuber (followed in 2018 by Nuber Next), Eund (a modulated sans), Corbert (Bauhaus-inspired sans), Corbert Condensed.
Typefaces from 2014: Byker (geometric sans), Schar (humanist sans), Loew (geometric information design sans; extended in 2018 by him and Donna Wearmouth to Loew Next (for Latin and Cyrillic) and Loew Next Arabic), Bitner (spurless organic sans named after bitcoins), Modum, Modum.
Typefaces from 2015: Facto (a simple sans family with large x-height), Halcom (influenced by Futura), Scharf, Itoya.
Typefaces from 2016: Syke Mono (a stylish monospaced typeface family), Oyko (an octagonal industrial typeface family), Kylo Sans, Syke (a sans typeface family), Hoxton North (a condensed humanist, very British, sans), Celdum (geometric sans).
Typefaces from 2017: Tomarik, Typold.
Typefaces from 2018: Paradroid, Sprout (a low-contrast 6-weight sans).
Typefaces from 2019: Mynor (a modern squarish sans inspired by machine-readable typefaces of the 1950s including OCR-A and B).
Creative Fabrica link. View Jonathan Hill's typefaces. Another list of Jonathan Hill's fonts. Interview in 2014. [Google]
Thomas Ramey, a graphic designer from Austin, TX, who grew up in Pasadena, TX, and was located in San Francisco and Nashville, TN, now operates out of Seattle, WA. He created the hybrid font Black Sans (2011) by combining DIN with the blackletter typeface Linotext.
In 2012, he designed the (free) curly upright typeface family Mocha Script.
In 2013, he designed the blood splatter font Sin.
In 2014, he created the layered cartoonish font Storyland, the ink splatter typeface Isaiah 53, the wide typeface Lightyear, the blackletter typeface Easy Company, and the roundish typeface Thunder Pants (extended in 2016: see further on).
Typefaces from 2015: Aventuras Stencil, Stella Grace (children's script), Sunshine Sans (+Spurred, +Stencil, +Rounded), Sugarfoot (Western), Country Bluegrass (Western), Baker Street Script, Yellowstone.
Typefaces from 2016: Thunder Pants (hand-crafted collection that includes the Halloween font Scaredy Pants, Narly Pants, Touchdown Pants, and Spangled Pants), Blacklisted (Peignotian sans), Old Glory, Survivor Wood (a wooden plank font modeled after the Survivor TV series), Survivor Display (cleaned-up version with several inline styles).
Behance link. Creative Market link. Newer Creative Market link. [Google]
FontStructor who made the horizontally-striped typeface Strobes (2012), Simplicity (2012), Smashel (2012), Extora (2012, textured face), Dead Stirrup (2012), Checker (2012), Slice (2012), and Tesla (2012, based on the logo of the electrical company Tesla).
In 2013, we find Hearty (Valenttine's Day font), Anubis (retro futurism), Tockice (connect-the-dots), Swirl, Teeny Dots (dot matrix face), Specs (arrowed letters), Atlas Regul (art deco marquee face), Smash (dot matrix face), Steam (steam punk, mechanical), Apricot (dot matrix), Peach, Koverkav (tall connected script), Zastava (art deco), Syncopation (avant garde), Centrivid, Time Script, Grey Sans (a textured sans), Seriphagy, Mona, Lightheart (a Broadway style art deco face), Lower (tall ascenders), 2Time, DotoMagy (dot matrix face), Finolin, Remaster (horizontal stripes), Whimsy, Procol (vertical striping), Ceremonio (vertical striping), Island, and Quindle. In March 2013, he published Circles and wrote I finally nailed a perfect circle, which many consider the holy grail over at FontStruct. That is to say, the imperfections in the circle are only visible at large point sizes---quite an achievement.
Typefaces from 2014: Cybertron, Puzzler, Just Peachy (blackboard bold), Bubble Pop, Pointy (arrowed face), Gypsy Train (bilined, frilly), Mad Hatter (card font), Origami, Pointers (hexagonal), Angled (deco), Owlarium, Blossum (floral), Jarvis (wooden plank font), Cocktail Bar, Circuit Breaker, Every Good Boy, Circus Comes to Towne (sic) (circus font), Fruit Stripes (art deco, striped).
Typefaces from 2015: Cogsworth (connect-the-dots), Neomorph (techno). [Google]
Ray Larabie (b. 1970, Ottawa, Canada) ran Typodermic in Mississauga, ON, which opened in the Fall of 2001. In 2006, it moved to Vancouver, BC, and in 2009 it moved on to Nagoya, Japan. Dafont page. Ray Larabie has been making fonts since 1996, but those early fonts were freeware. His pre 2001 fonts are grouped under the label Larabie Fonts. In 2001, he set up Typodermic. Latest additions.
The Typodermic fonts:
- 2019: Steelfish Rounded, Bitcrusher (a consumer electronics / techno font), Galderglynn 1884 (a nineteenth-century style sans-serif typeface that exp[ands his Galderglynn Esquire).
- 2018: Cybermontage, Crack Man (a pac man font), Propaniac (a 1980s-style postmodern typeface inspired by a Pointer Sisters record sleeve which was designed by Shoot That Tiger Creative Services), Zelega Zenega, Spectrashell.
- 2017: Minicomputer (MICR style), Squirty, PCTL9600, PCTL4800 (retro techno), Ultraproxi (semi-monospaced and influenced by the high speed computer printers from the 1950s to 1970s), Toxigenesis (techno sans), Venus Rising, Vanchrome (a compact sans-serif headliner with chromatic layers), Krait (a layered geometric typeface designed for architectural display), Xylito (a layered font for chromatic or 3d effects).
- 2016: Refuel (octagonal, based on military aircraft markings), Expressway Soft (a sans-serif font family inspired by the U.S. Department of Transportation's FHWA Series of Standard Alphabets, also known as Highway Gothic), Conthrax (squarish, techno), Cornpile (cartoonish), Electric, Evensong (art deco), Fledgling (a very tall typeface), Gymkhana (sans), Remissis (sans), Sunday Evening (a reverse contrast typeface), Meloche (Meloche is a unique grotesque sans-serif typeface influenced by hand-painted French signs of the late nineteenth century. It's available in 7 weights and obliques).
- 2015: Canada 150 (a custom font for the Canadian government; see here, here, this coverage regarding the Inuktitut part of the font, and this reaction by the curmudgeons in Toronto who complain that Ray did this work for free), Autoradiographic (sans family), Built Titling (for compact headlines), Chickweed Titling (cartoon titling font), Cardigan Titling (flared headline face), Bench Grinder Titling, Kleptocracy Titling, Palamecia Titling (rounded black comic book typeface), Quasix Titling, Galderglynn Titling (all caps sans family from hairline to black), Mixolydian Titling, Stormfaze (a sci-fi font started in 1996 and finished in 2015), NK57 Monospace (a 60-style programmer typeface), Gargle, Athabasca (a sans family designed for the rugged Canadian oil patch).
- 2014: Mesmerize (a large free sans family), Kingsbridge (a large slab serif family with sharp points on the A, M, N, V and W), Manbow (a layered geometric art deco display font which includes solid, clear, stripe, polka-dot and screen patterns), Breamcatcher (all caps art deco font inspired by the piano sheet music for With Every Breath I Take which was featured in the Bing Crosby/Kitty Carlisle musical comedy film, Here is my Heart), Kilsonburg (Dutch deco based on an old Vogue magazine cover), Uchiyama (poster typeface), Goldsaber (art deco design), Vexler Slip (unicase), Rakesly, Dacquoise, Pretender, Rimouski (a rounded geometric font family), Nulshock (techno), Recharge (techno/industrial font), Interrogator Stencil, Strange Alphabets (arts and cratfs font), Angerpoise Lampshade (free).
- 2013: Numbers With Rings, Shookup (funky cartoon font), Pastrami on Rye (cutout comic book style), Chickweed, Built (a condensed headline sans), Fluctuation (a softly rounded elliptical sans family), Astrochemistry (sci-fi, techno with rounded edges), Snasm (sci-fi).
- 2012: Strasua (1999-2012), Planet Benson (1997-2012), Husky Stash (1998-2012), Barbatrick (1999-2012: a speed emulation font), Zero Hour (1997-2012), Urkelian (1998-2012: very condensed), Zolasixx (inspired by the video game Zaxxon), Ampacity (neon font), Chromakey (a space deco headline font inspired by box art classic video games including Matrix Marauders and Magical Chase), Disassembler (1980s style bitmap font), Zerbydoo (a dot matrix family), Superego (a geometric-techno font inspired by the cabinet graphics for the 1981 Stargate arcade game), Rukyltronic (a set of dot matrix typefaces), Nerdropol (pixel family), Gulkave (rounded pixel font), Cyclopentane, Palamecia (a fat finger poster face), Gameness (a 1990 retro industrial deco font), Camulogen (headline face), Color Basic (a pixel typeface inspired the by TRS-80 Color Computer), Triac Seventy One (a funky face), Acroyear (retro all-caps headline font), Troll Bait, Strenuous (unicase), Permanence (a retro=futuristic font based on Alvin Toffler's cover of Future Shok, 1970), Clockpunk (octagonal and quaint), Battlemaze (trekkie face), Mixolydian (industrial sans).
- 2011: Ugocranis (a brutalist typeface), Clipwave, Wheaton (MICR-inspired), Mango Scribble, TRS Million (dot matrix face), Ugogranis (constructivist), Gomoku (paper cut face), From The Internet.
- 2010: Cranberry Gin (2010, octagonal), Restore (all caps, geometric sans), From The Stars (an elliptical techno family done with Chikako Larabie), Thrusters (space age face), Dream Orphanage, Kengwin (rounded slab serif), Gleaming The Cube (Greek simulation face), Vectipede (a slab serif family), Great Escape (an elliptical sans family), Subrocs (connected script), Hackensack (with Chikako Larabie), Polarband (bilined stackable headline face), Naked Power, Special Forces (a great macho slab serif headline face---watch for awards to roll in), Warugaki (handpainted), Warmer, Honfleur (art deco; with Chikako Larabi), Voivode (a headline typeface done with Chikako Larabie), Hachimitsu (Asian look face, done with Chikako Larabie), Kadeworth (rounded retro look sans, done with Chikako Larabie), Gnuolane Jump (2010, with Chikako Larabie), Markerfield (brush), Board of Directors (Bank Gothic style family, done with Chikako Larabie), GGX88 (a Swiss sans family), Body Goat, Reversal, Gord (techno), Computechnodigitronic (LED, LCD geek-look font), Bench Grinder, Inklea (a bubbly face), Skygirls (retro brush script), Gloss (a paint brush typeface based on Champion, 1957, G.G. Lange), Galderglynn Esquire.
- 2009: Maqui (an industrial headline sans family), Zingende (art deco family: caps only), Misadventures, Gaz (large retro sans family), Meloriac (heavy display sans), Acrylic Brush, Enamel Brush (a digitization of Catalina, 1955, Emil J. Klumpp), DDT (neutral sans), Thump (fat, casual), Desperate Glamour, Pricedown (an update of his free 1990s font, patterned after the lettering on The Price Is Right show), Mitigate (monoline and slabbed; has some typewriter styles), Catwing, Walken (slab serif stencil), Silicone (soft rounded sans family), Movatif (sans), Gunplay (a stencil family inspired by the poster for the 1972 Steve McQueen/Ali MacGraw film The Getaway), Fragile Bombers (octagonal), Forgotten Futurist (techno sans, 19 styles), Bullpen (slab serif), Coolvetica, Duality, Good Times, Strenuous, Shlop (paint-drip style), Dirty Baker's Dozen (stencil), Junequil (VAG Rounded style), Owned (graffiti), Domyouji, Threefourtysixbvarrel (stencil), Enacti, Uniwars (futuristic, 16 styles).
- 2008: Madawaska (a rugged slab serif), Ebenezer (grunge), Gnuolane Stencil, Raincoat, Report School (avant garde sans), Jesaya, Carouselambra (art nouveau), Debusen (rounded), Barge (military font), Renju (2008, potato or rubber stamp print face), Otoboke (handlettered), Hit (informal hand), R6 D8 (futuristic sans family), Rexlia (an octagonal machinistic family), Hybrea (a display sans with TV screen rounding), Sweater School, Tussilago (2008, a neutral sans family), Presicav (extended sans), Hover Unit, Addlethorpe (grunge), Scheme (rounded sans), Usurp (bouncy poster lettering), Negotiate (technical sans family), Divulge, Sewn, Gnoulane (condensed sans), Moja, Teeshirt (old typewriter face), Pound (art deco marries grunge), Graveblade (heavy metal font), Synthemesc (psychedelic anti-Starbucks font), Chysotile (white on black grunge), Cardigan (sans), Gurkner (balloon style), Reagan (grunge).
- 2007: Tight (a copy of Dean Morris's 1976 Letraset chrome font Quicksilver), Headlight, Meloche (a 3-style grotesk), Octin Spraypaint (grunge stencil), Octin Vintage (grunge), Bouffant (script), Octin Prison (stencil), Octin Sports (octagonal), Octin College (octagonal, for sports jerseys), Octin Stencil (free octagonal font family), Burnaby Stencil (stencil), Superclarendon, Conceal, Ohitashi, Stud (grunge), Bristles (grunge), Skirt, Cotton (grunge), Kelvingrove (a bit of copperplate gothic, rounded and shaved), Augustine, Containment, Snowa, Veriox, Scrubby, Transmute, Sheaff, Injekuta (techno), Rinse (grunge), Polyflec, Domyouji (square sans), Winthorpe (old style), Cutiful (script), Flyswim (grunge), Dirtstorm (spray-painted stencil), Shnixgun (grunge), Neuzon (grunge), Oxeran (old typewriter), PRINTF (grunge all caps monospaced), Akazan (sans), Nyxali (a metal tag face), Meloriac (an extra bold Futura inspired face), Nesobrite (25 styles of Bank Gothic lookalikes), Meloriac (headline sans), Walnut (graffiti face), Gnuolane (a narrow sans), Edifact (a damaged computer font), Darkheart, Stampoo (squarish), Raymond (rough script), Hayate (oriental look), Telephoto. The entire Octin series is free at DaFont.
- 2006: Octynaz (grunge), Paltime (ornamented), Jolie Ecriture Desard (children's hand), Mango (comic book face), Desard (child's hand), Bulltoad, Lerku (eroded serif), Charbroiled (also eroded), Ceroxa (eroded stencil), Nagomi (a chiseled-look Asian font based on calligraphy of Chikako Suzuki from Nagoya), Whiterock, Yellande, Chilopod (a futuristic typeface inspired by the logo from the 1980s videogame, Atari Centipede), Order, Goldburg (based on a typeface by George Bowditch, 1957), Laserjerks (2006, brutalist), Milibus (futuristic), Bonobo (serifed), Ohitashi, Sarasori (TV-tube shaped typeface in the style of Oban), Structia (an octagonal family), Betaphid (octagonal), Gendouki (futuristic stencil), Slugger (athletic lettering), Marianas (a gorgeous art deco face), Lineavec (octagonal), Corzinair (serif family), Buxotic (a great caps face), Cinecav X (for closed caption TV and DVD), Salsbury (comic book face), Lonsdale (loosely based on a font called Parkway Script, which was designed by Emil Hirt in 1964), Alepholon (futuristic), Kwokwi, Mikadan (a tribute to Stephenson Blake's Verona from 1948, which was in turn based on William Dana Orcutt's Humanistic from 1904), Marion (a beautiful transitional family), Quasix (hookish), Skraype (grunge stencil), Bleeker (casual lettering), Linefeed (monospaced line printer font), Draculon (a casual typeface inspired by the letterforms of William Orcutt's humanist font from 1904 which was in turn based on an Italian manuscript from 1485), Mahavishnu (a mix between 1970s psychedelics and art nouveau), Doradani (a corporate identity sans family), Korotaki (futuristic).
- 2005: Kadonk (a Halloween face), Report (a VAG-Rounded style face), Croteau (a poster face), Heroid (ook face), Barrista (informal script), Wyvern (sans serif), Wubble (like puddles of water), Caryn (casual script), Folder (a rigid sans family), Venacti (a futuristic family), Xenara (a keyboard lettering family), Emory (a destructionist sans family), Ligurino (neat sans&serif family), Biondi (update of Copperplate Gothic; followed in 2010 by Biondi Sans; these copperplate style typefaces are in the style of AT Sackers), Byington (Trajan column lettering), Sayso Chic, Expressway (28 weights, a highway signage family), Algol (pixel type), Meposa (fat display face), Tandelle (condensed), Vigo, Maychurch, Mecheria, Vactic (dot matrix), Zosma, Topstitch, Windpower, Llandru, Soap (a creative extension of Cooper Black, with dingbats), Kleptocracy (1999-2005), Owned, Rimouski (sans), Burnstown Dam (2005, a wooden plank font), Sinzano (sans with opentype ligatures galore; compare, e.g., House Ed Interlock), Zamora.
- 2004: Affluent, Threefortysixbarrel (stencil face), Tank, Telidon (dot matrix face), Funboy, Neuropol X, Neuropol Nova, Mufferaw (comic book face), Larabiefont, Zekton (techno), Strenuous 3D, Silentina (advertised as "a silent movie font"), Amienne (brush script), Fenwick Outline (free), Betsy Flanagan (1998, a keyboard face), Boopee (children's handwriting), Pirulen (in the general Bank Gothic style), Zalderdash.
- 2003: Zupiter, Blue Highway.
- Before 2002: the dot matrix family Telidon, Telidon Ink, the architectural font Jillican (octagonal), Snowgoose, Bomr, Pakenham, Neuropol, Nasalization, Fenwick, Kleptocracy DLX, Sui Generis, Dirty Bakers Dozen (faded stencil), Minya Nouvelle, Asterisp, Chinese Rocks, Jillsville (great artsy Courier), Ulian, Wevli (including Wevli Dingbats), Sappy Mugs (funny mugshots), Sofachrome (1999, inspired by Pontiac car emblems), Eden Mills (1999).
MyFonts interview. Fontspace link. Fontspring link. Catalog of the typefaces in the Larabie Fonts collection. Klingspor link.
Catalog of the Typodermic library in decreasing order of popularity. Extensive (large page warning) Typodermic catalog. Font Squirrel link. Creative Fabrica link. Fontsquirrel link. [Google]
Designer (aka Funk King, b. Fort Knox, KY) who lives in Orlando, FL, and/or Apopka, FL. He used FontStruct in 2008-2009 to make over 550 decorative fonts, and became one of the world's top experts on FontStruct, FontShop's on-line font editor. Most of his fonts were withdrawn in 2012. He did a few commercial typefaces at his commercial foundry, Funk King. His creations include
- A Bit Eccentric.
- Alphadings: Picnic Basket (2014), Rat Race (2014), Pod Invasion (2014), On Hangers (2012, a commercial series that includes Pants on Hangers, etc), Dog Tag, Black Bird, Easter Egg Dots, Ser Egghead T. handlebar, Ovoidotta (now called Sniff), Play Book, BuddhaBuddha, Swizzle Sticks, Computer Backplate, Milky Way, Sprout, Football, Clapboard (for movie makers), Teed Off, Book Stack, Speaker Box, Ant Farm, Sound and Vision, Speaker Grill, Tom Tom, Caged Type, Conga Lounge, Spinal, Add Van, Frostruct, Picket Fence, Regatta, Cranestruct, Impossible Alphabet, Igloo Village, Mortar Board, Jack, Marionette, Golden Gate (+Short, +Solid), Crossed, Eff U ("the finger"!), Tall Big Top, Jackpot, Skulls&Cross Bones Redux, Crosshairs, Drama Club, Good Day Sunshine, Butterfly, Steps and Windows, Heartbroken, O Christmas Tree, Christmas Lights, Candle, Supper Time (alphadings of plates), Sands of Time (alphadings of hour glasses), Fishbones (commercial since 2012), Handy (alphading with hands), Hang Ten (feet alphadings) and High Five (hand alphadings), Armade and Ghost Ship Armada (ship alphadings), Cut Here (stitching alphadings), Schematic (electric circuit alphading), Masquerade, Mortar Board, Gear Bits, Gearswork, Hi-Lo Gears, Gears, Resistor, Gear Shift, Castle, Castle with Flags, Antique Keys, Rounded Keys, Pods, Piano Keys (+Alt, +Correct), Framework, Dixieland Jazz, Spats, and City of New Orleans (the last three are alphdings based on the same Victorian alphabet), Saturn, Piggy Bank, Voodoo Doll, Dice, Fist Bump.
- Antennas, Antennas Outline
- Arcostellati, Arcostellato, Arcangolo, Arcontorno (2011): a blackletter family.
- Architect, Ruled, Gridworks, Blueprint (Solid, Dashed), Quadular (+Serif), Isometric Modified (+Light, +Bold Outline), Isometric (a 3d gridded family: +Basic Latin, +Basic Latin Lite, +More Latin, +Bold, +Black).
- Art deco: Arc Neuvo (rounded letters), Arc Nuevo (2012, commercial), Toneelschuur (based on the letterhead created for the Theatre Toneelschuur Haarlem), Shift (bold), Eye Spy (this says Peter Sellers), Mod Squad.
- Avenue, Avenue Alphabet (white on black).
- Ball And Chain (neat), Ball Bearings.
- Balls and Bats
- Banjo (2012).
- Barber Shop
- Beachwear (horizontally striped)
- Beat Block, Beat Box.
- Blackletter: Abbey
- Blanket Serif Caps, Blanket Sans Serif
- Block Inline Block
- Block Mosaic (great gridded letters)
- Blood Sweat&Tears
- Bolla Fratturato (2011): outlined blackletter face.
- Bolt, Bolted
- Bon Mots.
- Break, Balance Beam, After Party (2010).
- Bubble Zwrap (2010).
- Build A Bridge
- Buzz Kill
- Cafe Fumante.
- Carp Black, Carp Blanc
- Caterpillar, Tall Caterpillar.
- Chain Gang, Krazy King
- Check Mate (checkered flag font).
- Cherry Bomb.
- Cinder Block (2010): a 3d typeface with texture thrown in.
- Circuit Board Solid, Circuit Board Outline, Circuit Board Outline Numbers, Circuit Board Simple, Micro Clean, Microcircuitz, Circuit Board Simple, Schematode (2013).
- Circus Maximus Outline
- Cirquela (2012). a non-FontStruct font, this is his first hand-printed typeface.
- Code Hijack (2014).
- Compass (+Plain)
- Connected scripts: Cruise, Jet Cruise (2009), Notched Script (upright, connected), Rough Script (italic, connected), square Script (pixelish, connected).
- Computer Backplate, Milky Way.
- Crimped Pincushion (2010).
- Crispy Inline (classy)
- Crooked Marker, Marker
- Crop Circles
- Curls And Twirls
- Cut Here
- Daisies (nice rounded square letters with painted daisies)
- Decoscriptic, Decoish.
- Diamonds Are Forever, Liberty (dot amtrix fonts)
- Didactic fonts: Back to School.
- Digital, Digital Whimsy (gorgeous fonts in which the meat of the glyphs is made up of 0's and 1's), Digital Italics, Digital Non-italics.
- Dingbats: Digital Biz Bitz (2012), Capitalist Pictograms (2012), Kapitalist Kit (2011), Weather System (2011), Twelve Days of Christmas (2010), Learning For Business (2010), Calder Symbols (2010), Mad Aliens (2010), FSEmoticons, Maven Pictograms, Temp (weather dings), Sports Wave, Bullet Arrows
- Dinner at 8
- Ditier Cycles (2010): a grunge version of J. Hughes's Dirt Cycles.
- Disco Ball, Disco Salvation.
- Doggie Tracks (2010).
- Dollars and Cents.
- Domestic Bliss (+Solid), Blissful Hearts (Valentine's Day alphadings).
- Domino, Dominodot
- Dot matrix fonts: Belly Button (2013), Fandangle (2013), Trace Remains (2013), Billiards (2013), Pome (2013), Cow Poke (2013), Rouletto (2014), Crawler (2014), Zephyrelli (2012), Yoyo (2012), Carousel (2011), Corsivo Punti (2011), Wisp (2011), Amusement (2011), Menagerie (2011), Junk (2011), Iphont (white on black dot matrix face), Lyrical (dot matrix script), Petits Pois, Elli, Industrial Magic, Wind Chime, Domestic Bliss (2010, +Serif, +Sans Serif), Ying Yang (2009)
- Double Decker
- Eau de Kerning.
- Efficiency (2010).
- Eiffel family: mechanical.
- Electrifunkified (2013).
- eq Regular, eq Radio Waves, eq Tight.
- Erector Set (2010).
- Extension Cord
- Fairy Tale (curly)
- Fast Cars, Fast Lane, Fast Forward
- Fifty Famous Fairy Tales (bi-lined and bejeweled)
- Flair Ornate, Flaired Script, Flair, Flaired
- Floor Plan
- Flash (gridded face)
- Folk Art (wooden plank simulation)
- Font Troll
- Fractal, Wireframe, Hemisphere, Origami (now Mummification): experiments in glyph partitioning.
- Funk, Funky palms
- Gancio (2014). Hand-drawn.
- Gemstone (letters in a mosaic)
- Glyphs made from broken objects: Broken Combs, Broken Glasses
- GI Joe
- Grid1, Grid2, Pas De Grille Pli Isométrique (+Plombé), Grille Noir Pli Isométrique (+Plombé), Grille Intrépide Pli Isométrique (+Plombé), Grille Facile Pli Isométrique (+Plombé).
- Grunge typefaces: Feather (2010).
- Gummy (2010).
- Happily Ever After (2010).
- Heath Robinson (gorgeous mechanical font).
- Hexcavated (2010).
- High Anxiety.
- High Wire (dotted).
- Honeycomb Black (hexagonal).
- Horizontally Phased (like IBM logo from afar), Vertically Phased, Field Goal.
- Hot Diggity Dog (2010): a monoline rounded sans.
- Inline: Hi-Fi Deco, Track (+Filled), Crispy Inline
- Imperfect Optical Experiment.
- Ironside, Ironworks.
- Isomixed (+Inline, +Inverted, +Light, +Inline Light), Isomixerd Moire (nine textured styles).
- Jacks (2010): a stitching font.
- Jelly Bean series: I's, Wide, O's, Split
- Jetsons (futuristic).
- Jolly Swash 9+Tall, +Tall Wide Tail).
- Kaleidoscope, Kaleidoscope Solid
- Kitchen tile typefaces: MadisonAveAvenue (2010), Edgar Fernhout (2012).
- Last Days Of Summer, Endless Summer, Beach.
- Lattice, Lattice Black
- Little Miss Muffet.
- Love, Love Letters
- Metroliner and Metroliner Deluxe.
- MICR fonts: Wedge Solid.
- Mitered, Zietgeist: striped 3d typefaces.
- Modern Ancient (chiseled font imitation)
- Molecular (+Complex, +Complex 1), Dense Molecular Complex (1 through 5), Molecular Architecture, Tessellation 1 (+Continuous), Tessellation 2.
- Monkey Bars.
- Montreal (+Italics)
- Monumental, Less Monumental,
- Mortar Booted (+Thick, Separated, Mission, Booted Mission).
- Music fonts: Fret Full (2010), Fret Station (2010).
- Mystere (2012, grunge).
- Octovision Remix
- Open&Shuttered Day, Open&Shuttered Night
- Oriental simulation/look: Shoji Pixel, Shoji Stage&Screen Soapbox, Chinese Democracy, Asian Influence.
- Origami City (2010): formerly Simply Elevated Black. Simple Elevation (2012) is in the same family.
- Outline Habitat
- Ozmosis (2014), Ozian (2014), Cardinal (2014), Emblem (2014), Oblio (2014), Hollow Branch (2014)
- Pallina (2010, + Stampino, +Diluente).
- Palm, Tall Palm
- Paperclip typefaces: Neue Werner Paperclip (2012).
- Piccadilly (2010).
- Pixel Dust, Pixels Dusted, Zogg Domination (video game font)
- Pop Arc (2010). In the same style: Conveyor Belt, Milk Bottle, Cookie Cutter, Erector Set (2010).
- Popsicle Sticks (nice vertically striped glyphs).
- Playbook (2010).
- Power Grid, Power Gridlocked
- Process This (2010) and Flowcahrt (2010): based on graphs of computer programs.
- Pump Boys (2010).
- Quagmire (2010)
- Radio Waves
- Razorback Block
- Receipt (2012): a dot matrix face.
- Regular Habitat
- Remixintag (2011, a clone of Wallachia by Intaglio).
- Ribbodini (2010, ribbon font).
- Road Trip
- Sausalito Nautica (2011).
- Say What? (Exaggerated ink trap face)
- Scaffoldini (2010): a 3d gridded face. Followed by Scaffo (2012), Scaffoldini Senza Griglia (2010), Scaffoldini Ascendente Contrario SG, Scaffoldini Ascendente Senza Griglia, Scaffoldini Contrario Senza Griglia, Scaffoldini Ascendente, Scaffoldini Contrario, and Scaffoldini Ascendente Contrario, Scaffoldini Prospettico (+Contrario, +SG).
- Scripts: Diode (+Dioded, Diodoubled, Diodocked, Diodedocked, Diodiced), Scherzando, Fontstitution, Rough Script, Scriptilicious, Whipped Cream, 45 Degrees, Script Town (2013), Aloha (2013), Sinal Strength (2013), Ink Well (2013).
- Skulls, Skully
- Slice N dice
- Small Wonder, Small World
- Snowflake (2010).
- Soma (2009): 3d letters mades from cubes.
- Spooky Eyeballs (2009).
- Stained Glass, Stained with Cross
- Stencil fonts: GI Joe (2012, military), Kid's Stencil (white on black), Black Tie, Matchstick, Stensei, Stencillated, Tri-Fold, Tri-Fold Cut, Tri-Fold Rounded, Stencil, Stencil Plate, Stencil Face, Semi Stencil, Psuedo Stencil, Psychedelic Stencil.
- Stitching fonts: Cross Worded (2013), Cut Here (2014), Sampler
- T-Shirts on a Clothesline
- Swamp Frog and Tadpole: artsy fat letters
- Swamp Funk, Mojo (curly letters)
- Tall Habitat
- Techno look: Technified, Slick, Tangential (2010).
- Tanqueray (2010): octagonal face.
- Teepee (wood look)
- Tennis themed: Racket, Net Ball, World Cup.
- Tetrominoes Black (2010): a 3d typeface cloned from TP2 Marriott's Tetrominoes.
- Texture fonts: Global (2011, globes), SS Half Tone (One, Two, Three), SS Watermark, SS Silk Screen (2010). These brush texture typefaces were cloned from Swifted Strokes by Mike Lee. Tramarada (2011) has a stunning woven look.
- The Adventure of the Dancing Men (2011, dingbats).
- The Big Top
- The Real McCoy
- Timpani, Timpaniless, Timpaniblok, Alien Crop Circles (outer space face).
- Toothpaste (2011): imitating oozing toothpaste.
- Trapezoidot, Zoidot, Dotz (dotted typefaces).
- Upright connected scripts: Madie (2009)
- Valentine's fonts: Hearts and Flowers, Hearts and Arrows, Keys to your Heart, Bed of Hearts
- Vapors and Mirage: evaporating glyphs.
- Vibration (2010). This multiline typeface was followed by Echo (2010).
- Victorian fonts: Alouette, Swamp Funk
- WPA Household Arts Stripes, WPA Household Arts Chex, WPA Household Arts (poster stencil face)
- Wee The People, Small World.
- Werner Paperclip (2009), Paperclip (2010): paperclip typefaces after a 1974 original by Ad Werner.
- Western fonts: Bolo (2010), Bow Tie (2010), Bowl (2010), Western Doodle, Sparky, Buckaroo, Diamond Buckaroo, Saloon and Desert Rose. Western style alphadings: Cart Before The Horse, Wagon Train
- White on black typefaces: Tabs, Dot Keys, Rounded Keys, Block Keys, Keys.
- Wim Crouwel-related fonts: Unknown Crouwel #1, Edgar Fernhout (a Wim Crouwel tribute font in kitchen tile style taken from a 1963 poster), Kalender 1976 Letters (octagonal based on a Wim Crouwel calendar from 1976), Kalender 1976, Brusselmans (based on a Wim Crouwel poster), Rabobank (based on a Wim Crouwel poster), Brabant (based on a Wim Crouwel poster)
- Woodcut, Woodcut Recut, Woodcut Banjo.
- Yay Team
- Zebeast (Zebra-striped letters)
- Zodiac Block
In 2012, he added these fonts at MyFonts: Architect, Black Tie, Carousel, Check Mate, Cobblestones, Cruise, Dog Tag, Edgar Fernhout (based on the famous poster by Wim Crouwel), Fifty Famous Fairy Tales, Fratturato Digitale (pixelish blackletter face), Ghost Town, Jackpot, Jelly Bean, Keyboard, Kingdom (a castle font), Lagniappe (Victorian), Lyrical, Madie, Matchstick, Menagerie, Q Typ, Scaffo, Sprinkle, Stained Glass, Stencillated, Stensei (stencil), Sweet Valley, Toothpaste, Vibration MF, Yoyo, Zephyrelli.
Typefaces from 2013 (no longer freely downloadable!): Pome (dot matrix), Cow Poke (dot matrix), Sausalito Nautica, Cut Here (stitching typeface), Belly Button (dot matrix face), Rouletto (bejeweled typeface), Picnic Basket (alphadings), Fandangle (dot matrix), Trace Remains (dot matrix), Billiards (dot matrix), Cross Worded, Script Town, Schematode (connect-the-dots), Electrifunkified, Aloha, Signal Strength, Ink Well, Satellite, Supper Time (alphadings), Mike (alphadings), Licorice, Conga Lounge OF, Monkey Bars, Daisies, Fractal OF (textured face), Saloon OF, Ball and Chain, Say What.
Typefaces from 2014: the multilined or inline typefaces Ozmosis, Ozian, Cardinal, Hollow Branch, Emblem, and Oblio. The alphading typefaces Rat Race and Picnic Basket. The pearly dot matrix typeface Rouletto and Crawler. The video game typefaces Pod Invasion and Zogg Domination. The stitching typeface Cut Here. The pixelized typeface Code Hijack.
Klingspor link. Dafont link. Fontspace link. Additional URL. Myfonts link. MyFonts foundry link.
View Wilson Thomas's commercial typefaces. [Google]