| || |
Sergiy Tkachenko (b. 1979, Khrystynivka, Cherkasy region, Ukraine) lives in Kremenchuk, Ukraine, and has been a prolific type designer since 2008. Sergiy graduated from Kremenchuk State Polytechnic University in computer systems and networks in 2007. Various other URLs: Microsoft link, Identifont, 4th February, Behance, Klingspor link, Revision Ru, Russian creators, CPLUV Fontspace, Twitter. Kernest link. Sergey Tkachenko's typefaces:
Abstract Fonts link. Dafont link. Behance link.
View Sergiy Tkachenko's fonts. [Google]
Brazilian graphic designer and prolific creator of free typefaces, which often combine calligraphy and grunge. Alternate URL. Fontspace link.
Fonts from 2011: Tabu, Caribbean Tool (roman caps face), Pijamas (handprinted 3d outline face), Nova Solid, Chocolate Dealer, Happy Family (dingbats), Save The Mini, Tosca Zero (grunge), Epidemia (grunge), Skt and Destroy (grunge), High on fire, Manabu, Masterplan, Thrashline (multiline), Triumph Rewind, The Dreamer, Why, Uranium Mafia, Blessed Day, Caribbean Tool (floral caps face), Lost Winner, Dove Love (curly valentine's Day font), Safe Iodine (texture face), Easy Trouble, ArgelFont, BUTECO (sketch font), DIAMONDDUST, Dropping, InkInTheMeat-Tial, NORMAL, POPCORN (a great grunge hand-drawn Futura Black), POPCORNSKETCHSKETCH (a sketched face), ROCKETAIR, ShitHappens-Cursive. Panhead (grunge Western face).
Fonts made in 2010: Thrashline, Dotled (a fuzzy texture face), Refurbished, PUNKBABE, CANDYINC, GreenPillow, DIRTYBAGBOLDTRIAL, LEDLIGHT, MAJORGUILTY, Network Vampires, NEWESTTRIAL (Western face), VATOS, Billy Argel Font (calligraphic), ACIDLABEL, BeyondSky-trial, HURTMOLD, TOSCAZERO, TABU (grunge), EASY TROUBLE, BOMBFONT (puffy letters), BILLYARGELFONT (calligraphic), Soap Store (grunge), ANGELTEARS (calligraphic), BUTOXQUEEN-trial, ELECTRICHANDS (cursive hand), FLOWERFLOW-trial, HAPPYFAMILY-TRIAL, HEARTQUAKE (grunge), MSKITOKILLA (grunge), NIGHTSTALKER-TRIAL (grunge), RAINFOREST (handwriting with rough edges), ROADMOVIE, ROSE TATTOO (an outlined handprinted beauty), TWINPINES (brush), WANNABEME (sketched), WEDDINGNIGHTMAREStrial (calligraphic), BEERNOTE, GREENMIND (grunge), PORNFASHION, MASTERPLAN (grunge), SNIPERSHOT.
Fonts from 2009: COOLECTOR, BODYHUNTER-Bold (grunge), CLUBHAUS-Bold (ultra black, mechanical/octagonal), MAKEMEALPHA (grunge), NewGardenLight, TRIUMPHREWIND (grunge), Nachos and TV, Oxidisaster, Helloween, Lemon Day Semibold (a sketch font), Tosca Zero, Outlaw (Western face), Gangland (scratchy brushy face), B Side (vertical stencil).
Fonts from 2008: Plastic Pill (fat art deco face), Bedspread Assassin, A Bite (grunge), Dirty and Classic (grunge calligraphy), Gas Mask (grunge stencil), PANHEAD (grungy Western billboard font), My Turtle, Cubiculo Gallery (created for the Cubiculo Gallery in Sao Paulo), Ginga (grunge calligraphic--think award-winning grunge!!!), Wallrider, Black-Oak, TOY_SOLDIERS-Bold (grunge), Abite (grunge), ACIDLABEL, Bulldozer, Cheap Stealer, DONOTEXIST, HANGUP (3-d bouncy letters), HYERBA (Far West font), LAZYDAY (handprinted outline caps face), LEDLIGHT, Mon Bijoux (ornamental), MANABU (futuristic), PEIXEFRITO, Positiv-A, Killed DJ (multiline grunge), Sniper (grunge), Black Oak (smudged face), ShAnKed,
Fonts from 2007: Olho de Boi (a great scratchy handwriting font inspired by the first Brazilian postage stamp which was released on August 1, 1843), Skull TS2 (skull dingbats), REBOARD, Hurtmold (rounded octagonal face), PDRPT (grunge), the Soma family (modern stencil), Caatinga (2006, artsy display face), Santos Dumont (handwriting: free at DaFont). [Google]
Foundry in Canada, est. 2004 by Rebecca Alaccari in Toronto, and run by her and Patrick Griffin. Interview with Rebecca. Her faces can be bought through YouWorkForThem and MyFonts: Centennial Script (2007, a revival of an 1874-1876 high-contrast calligraphic script by Hermann Ihlenburg), Valet (2006, superb art deco face), Freco (2006, an art deco face loosely based on designs and letters of Fré Cohen), Silk Script (2006, based on 1956 Helmut Matheis script called Primadonna), Dominion (2006, based on an early 1970s film type called Lampoon), Johnny (2006, an art nouveau poster face that revives the Harem/Margit face by Phil Martin, 1969), Guillotine (2007), Mayfair (2006, a calligraphic face based on Mayfair Cursive by Middleton, 1932), Happy Birthday (2006, script), Geronimo (2005, brush style poster font), Rostrum (2005, a revival and expansion of a type called Oleander, designed in 1938 by Julius Kirn for the Genzsch&Heyse foundry in Hamburg), Apricot (2005; based on A.R. Bosco's Romany for ATF, 1934, but a major extension with many ligatures), Heathen (2005), Cougar (2004, a digital version of Martin Wilke's 1968 handwriting face Konzept), Puma (2004, brush face based on Herbert Thannhaeuser's 1954 Kurier), Big Brush (brush), Diva (connected script), Odette (high ascender display face after the Morris Benton 1918 American classic, Announcement Roman), Crucifix (2004, a severe octagonal face), Fore (2004, a bullethole face), Formula, Gamer (2004), Formula (2004), Kofi, Platoon (2004, a stencil face), Verso (2004), Secret Scrypt (2004, a handwriting face), Bluebeard (2004, blackletter by Patrick Griffin), Bolero (2004), Janice (2004, psychedelic), Jimi (2004, also psychedelic), Scroll (2004), Dominique (2004, upright script), Moxie (2004, a fat display family which includes a stencil), StockA (2004), StockB (2004, a fat stencil face), Stalker (2004, a destructionist face), Scroll (2004), Jonah (2005, a hippie face based on an early 1970s film type from Franklin Photolettering called Urban). MyFonts page. Phil Rutter and Patrick Griffin made Coffee Script (2004), the digital version of R. Middleton's Wave design for the Ludlow foundry, circa 1962. Phil Rutter and Rebecca Alaccari designed Almanac (2004), a script face based on Imre Reiner's London Script (1957) (and Rebecca did a subsequent redigitization in 2007 that led to Reiner Hand), Tiger Script (2004, based on Georg Trump's wild brush script Jaguar done in 1967 for C. E. Weber), and Ali Baba (2004), an Arabic simulation face originally designed by Georg Trump as Palomba (1955, C.E. Weber foundry). Patrick Griffin made Leather (2005, after Imre Reiner's 1933 blackletter face), Secret Scrypt (2005), Skullbats (2005), Slang (2004, a blood scratch face), Bluebeard (2004), Expo (2004, an octagonal family), and Dancebats (2004). Simone Wilkie designed Boyscout (2004) after the handwriting of her son. Helmut Matheis' Contact (1963, flowing script/brush) was digitized by Rebecca in 2004 as Bruschetta. Rebecca also made Steiner Special (2007, a revival of Swing, a film type by Peter Steiner, 1974), Genesis (2007, a digitization and extension of Grayda, a 1939 calligraphic script of Frank H. Riley at ATF), Evolver (2006, futuristic family), Redwood (2007, a calligraphic script based on Willard T. Sniffin's Raleigh Cursive (1929, ATF)), Orotund (2005, after the 1970s face Eight Ball; this was extended again in 2006 in her art nouveau typeface Huckleberry, which is a revival of the 1973 face of Gustav Jaeger called Mark Twain), Pendulum (2005, a fantastic flowing script based on Nebiolo's Americana, 1945), Jojo (2005, with B. Jacquet), Mascara (2004), Gala (2004, after Neon (1935, Giulio da Milano at Nebiolo)) and Bella Donna (2004, after a script made by Alessandro Butti in 1948, called Rondine). 2005 faces: Jazz Gothic (Patrick Griffin), Showboat, Hunter (a revival of Imre Reiner's brush script Mustang, 1956), Quanta (stencil), Quiller (a script face based on J.J. Sierke's 1964 face Privat), Rhino (revival of Mobil, a 1960 face by Helmut Matheis for Ludwig&Mayer), Dominique (donated to FontAid), Secret Scrypt (donated to FontAid), Jackpot (2005, Western typeface remotely based on Cooper Playbill which in turn is related to Cooper Black, but it also has hippy 1968 influences), Sincerely (handwriting face based on Karlgeorg Hoefer's 1968 Elegance), Fontella (a digitization of Novarese's calligraphic script Elite), Boondock (digitization of Imre Reiner's Bazaar from 1956), Gumball (digitization of Papageno, a 1958 font by Richard Weber for Bauer), Runway, Gamer, Dominique (OpenType handwriting face), Sterling Script (2005, by Alaccari and Griffin: a 7-weight digitization and extension of Stephenson Blake's 1952 clean copperplate script Youthline Script), Vox (2007, a 24-style monoline sans family done with Patrick Griffin), Vox Round (2013, a softer version), Evolver (2006, a 4-style futuristic family), Ambassador Script (2007, an Alaccari-Griffin revival of the angle-reduced calligraphic script Juliet by Nebiolo, 1955). In 2005, Philip Bouwsma joined Canada Type, and designed a great calligraphic blackletter-inspired family, Torquemada. VIP (2007) is a humanist sans serif uppercase and figures combined with a freshly redrawn revival of the classic VGC Contanze initials originally designed by Harry Brodjian in 1970. Chopper (2007, by Rebecca Alaccari) is a revival of Venture (a 1972 face for VGC by Harry Villhardt). Walter (2007, Rebecca Alaccari) is a digitization of Heritage (1952, ATF, a calligraphic script by Walter H. McKay). Celebrity (2007, Rebecca Alaccari) revives and extends the retro/techno face Latus (Willy Wirtz, 1971). Sympathique (2008, Alaccari) is an ultra-thin and ultra-tall face in the mold of Bernhard Fashion and other era poster or film faces (they say that it is rooted in the film faces Hairstreak and Mossman). Mullen Hand (2008) is a revival of Repro Script (1953, Jerry Mullen, ATF).
Filmotype Giant (2011, a condensed sans) and its italic counterpart, Filmotype Escort (2011) were bth codesigned with Patrick Griffin.
Catalog of its typefaces.
Klingspor link. [Google]
CAT Design Wolgast
Wolgast-based type designer Peter Wiegel (b. 1955) runs CAT Design Wolgast. Designer of these free fonts:
<>LI>In 2013: 5by9 (dot matrix face), Tartlers End (high-contrast ball terminal face), Alpha 54 (rounded flared script face), Chunk Five Ex (slab serif; he writes: With permission of Meredith Mandel, the original author of the ASCII-Font Chunk Five, I have extended Chunk Five Ex to a full featured unicode font with all figures used in Latin and Cyrillic writing), Simple Print (simple sans), Fette Bauersche Antiqua (a didone fat face), Manuskript Gothisch (after Manuskript Gotisch (1899, Bauersche), which was modeled after Wolfgang Hopyl's 1514 Textura), Quast (hairy font).
- Still in 2013, he published a number of school scripts, including Deutsche Normalschrift, Imrans School, Rastenburg (German school font), and Bienchen.
- In 2012: Hardman (connected fifties script), Immermann (a quaint slab serif), Quast (grunge), Fundamental Brigade (sans family), DiffiKult (a bilined face), Men Nefer (a Memphis lookalike), Fette Unz Fraktur (like Fette Fraktur), Mutter Krause (for the reconstruction of the 1929 silent movie "Mutter Krausens Fahrt ins Glück", where it is used for intertitles, that where missing. The font is redrawn from the original intertitles), Youbilee (a font with laurels).
- In 2010: Alfabilder (dingbats), Gondrin (athletic lettering with a 3d effect), HelvetiaVerbundene (making Helverica into a school script?), Proletarsk (a grotesk face), Vis-à-vis (great idea--a double-storied serif face), ApolloASM (Victorian), BertholdrMainzerFraktur, Doergon-Regular (license plate font), DoergonBackshift, DoergonShift, Eureka (Victorian, ornamental face), GoeschenFraktur (1880-style Fraktur used in Sammlung Göschen books), Makushka, MakushkaKontura, MakushkaQuadriga, MakushkaSecunda, Moderne3DSchwabacher, ModerneGekippteSchwabacher, StrassburgFraktur, TGL0-16 (same as DIN 16), TGL0-17 (same as DIN 17), TGL0-17Alt, Tank (emblems of gas companies), EricaType-Bold, EricaType-BoldItalic, EricaType-Italic, EricaType-Regular (typewriter), ErikaOrmig, Fibel Vienna (2012, a high-legged sans), GreifswalderTengwar-Regular, GreifswalerDeutscheSchrift (German Schreibschrift), Midroba-Regular (a strong mechanical octagonal face), MidrobaSchatten, MMX2010 (futuristic), Präsent60, Rotunda Pommerania (blackletter), TengwarOptime, TengwarOptimeDiagon, cbe-Bold, cbe-BoldItalic, cbe-Italic, cbe.
- In 2009: 18thCenturyInitials, 18thCenturyKurrent-Regular, 18thCenturyKurrentAlternates, German writing from the 18th century), CentreClaws, CentreClawsBeam1, CentreClawsSlant, Cöntgen Kanzley Regular (blackletter), Cöntgen Kanzley Aufrecht (2009), ElficCaslin, H1N1, Loxembourg1910Shadow (an art nouveau-influenced stencil face), Luxembourg1910, VarietScala (an art deco sans family), Varietee, VarieteeArtist, VarieteeCabaret, VarieteeCascadeur, VarieteeCasino, VarieteeCirque, VarieteeColege, VarieteeConferencier, VarieteeFolies, VarieteeIkarier, VarieteeJongleur, VarieteeMirage, VarieteeRevue, VarieteeTheatre, KochFetteDeutscheSchrift (blackletter), MoradoFelt-Regular (upright connected script), MoradoMarker (2009), MoradoNib, PreussischeVI9 (DIN-like family), PreussischeVI9Linie, PreussischeVI9Schatten-Linie, PreussischeVI9Schatten, SchatternvonPreussischeVI9, Stage (art deco), Ring Matrix (dot matrix), Nathan, Amptmann Script (2009, upright connected script), Cat Shop, Blankenburg (blackletter), Murrx (arched face), Schwaben Alt (1988, bastarda), Vrango, 14LED (Regular, Phattt-Heavy, Rised-Black), 24LED (+Bright, +Grid, +Modul), DIN1451fetteBreitschrift1936-Regular, FibelNord (basic sans family with an architectural twist), FibelSued (family), PaneuropaBankette, PaneuropaCrashbarrier-Black, PaneuropaFreeway, PaneuropaHighway, PaneuropaRoad, PaneuropaStreet, PaneuropaWrongWay, Quirkus (family), RingMatrix (dot matrix family), RingMatrix3D, RingMatrixTwo, DiscipuliBritannica (connected script), GruenewaldVA-Regular (connected school script), Rudelskopfdeutsch-Aufrecht, WiegelLatein (connected school script), WiegelLateinMedium (2009), Morado, Moebius Bicolor (art deco), Elbaris (sans), ElbarisOutline, Nomitais (multiline face), RostockKaligraph, Waschkueche, WaschkuecheGrob-Ultra, WiegelKurrent (traditional German school script), WiegelKurrentMedium, XAyax, XAyaxOutline (2009), Kaufhalle (squarish), Quimbie (art deco), CasaSans-Regular, Elb-Tunnel, MeyneTextur (blackletter), Yiggivoo, TGL 31034-1 (futuristic sans), Beroga (a simple organic sans).
- Before 2009: Xayax, PreussischeIV44Ausgabe3 (2006, a severe sans), Utusi Star (1989, very condensed all-caps face), Avocado (2006, script face), CbeNormal (2006, script face), Leipzig Fraktur (+Bold) (2006), Berlin Email (2006, a condensed sans family, followed in 2009 by Berlin Email Serif), MaassslicerItalic (2006, a futuristic face made for Rudolf Maass + Partner GmbH), Powerweld (a gorgeous avant-garde face made for OPTI Pumpen und Technik GmbH), WolgastScript (2005), WolgastTwo (2006, connected script), WolgastTwoBold, ZeichenDreihundert-Regular, ZeichenHundert-Regular, ZeichenVierhundert-Regular, ZeichenZweihundert-Regular (2006, traffic dingbats), Djerba simplified (Arabic font, Computer and Technologie, Hamburg, 1995; it can be downloaded here), Titus FrakturBaltic (1998), TITUS FrakturEast Normal (1998), and TITUS FrakturWest Normal (1998) [which used to be downloadable here; these fonts were retired and the Titus name dropped; most of the glyphs made it to Schwaben Alt].
Dafont link. One more URL. Fontspace link. Yet another URL. Font Squirrel link. Fontsy link.
The list of his truetype and opentype faces as of 2011: 18thCenturyInitials, 18thCenturyKurrentStart, 18thCenturyKurrentText, Alfabilder, AlteDIN1451Mittelschrift, AlteDIN1451Mittelschriftgepraegt, AmptmannScript, ApolloASM, Avocado, Barnroof, BerlinEmail, BerlinEmail2, BerlinEmailBold, BerlinEmailBold, BerlinEmailHeavy, BerlinEmailHeavy, BerlinEmailOutline, BerlinEmailOutline, BerlinEmailSchaddow, BerlinEmailSchaddow, BerlinEmailSemibold-Bold, BerlinEmailSemibold-Bold, BerlinEmailSerif, BerlinEmailSerif, BerlinEmailSerifSemibold, BerlinEmailSerifSemibold, BerlinEmailSerifShadow, BerlinEmailWideSemibold, BerlinEmailWideSemibold, Beroga, Beroga, BerogaFettig-Bold, BerogaFettig-Bold, BertholdMainzerFrakturUNZ1A-Italic, BertholdMainzerFrakturUNZ1A, BertholdrMainzerFraktur, Blankenburg-Regular, BlankenburgUNZ1A-Italic, BlankenburgUNZ1A, CasaSans-Regular, CasaSans, CasaSansFettig-Bold, CatShop, CentreClaws, CentreClawsBeam1, CentreClawsSlant, ChunkFiveEx, CntgenKanzley-Regular, CntgenKanzleyAufrecht, DIN1451fetteBreitschrift1936-Regular, DiscipuliBritannica, DiscipuliBritannicaBold, Doergon-Regular, DoergonBackshift, DoergonShift, DoergonWave-Regular, Elb-Tunnel, Elb-TunnelSchatten, Elbaris, ElbarisOutline, ElficCaslin, EricaType-Bold, EricaType-BoldItalic, EricaType-Italic, EricaType-Regular, ErikaOrmig, Eureka, FibelNord-Bold, FibelNord-BoldItalic, FibelNord-Italic, FibelNord, FibelNordKontur, FibelSued-Bold, FibelSued-BoldItalic, FibelSued-Italic, FibelSued, FibelSuedKontur, GoeschenFraktur, GoeschenFrakturUNZ1A-Italic, GoeschenFrakturUNZ1A, Gondrin, GreifswalderTengwar-Regular, GreifswalerDeutscheSchrift, GruenewaldVA-Regular, GruenewaldVA1.Klasse, GruenewaldVA3.Klasse, H1N1, HelvetiaVerbundene, KochFetteDeutscheSchrift, KochFetteDeutscheSchriftUNZ1A-Italic, KochFetteDeutscheSchriftUNZ1A, LeipzigFrakturBold, LeipzigFrakturHeavy-ExtraBold, LeipzigFrakturLF-Bold, LeipzigFrakturLF-Normal, LeipzigFrakturNormal, LeipzigFrakturUNZ1A-Bold, LeipzigFrakturUNZ1A-BoldItalic, LeipzigFrakturUNZ1A-Italic, LeipzigFrakturUNZ1A, Luxembourg1910, Luxembourg1910Contur, Luxembourg1910Ombre, MMX2010-Regular, Maassslicer3D, Maassslicer3D, MaassslicerItalic, MaassslicerItalic, Makushka, MakushkaKontura, MakushkaQuadriga, MakushkaSecunda, MeyneTextur, MeyneTexturUNZ1A-Italic, MeyneTexturUNZ1A, Midroba-Regular, MidrobaSchatten, Moderne3DSchwabacher, ModerneFetteSchwabacher, ModerneFetteSchwabacherUNZ1A-Italic, ModerneFetteSchwabacherUNZ1A, ModerneGekippteSchwabacher, MoradoFelt-Regular, MoradoMarker, MoradoNib, MoradoSharp-Regular, Murrx, Nathan-CondensedRegular, Nathan-ExpandedRegular, Nathan-Semi-expandedRegular, Nathan, NathanAlternates-CondensedRegular, NathanAlternates-ExpandedRegular, NathanAlternates-Semi-expandedRegular, NathanAlternates, Nomitais, Nomitais, Numikki, Numukki-Italic, Numukki-Italic, Numukki, Powerweld, PreussischeIV44Ausgabe3, PreussischeIV44Ausgabe3, PreussischeVI9, PreussischeVI9Linie, PreussischeVI9Schatten-Linie, PreussischeVI9Schatten, Proletarsk, Prsent60, Quimbie, Quimbie3D, QuimbieShaddow, QuimbieUH, Quirkus-Bold, Quirkus-BoldItalic, Quirkus-Italic, Quirkus, QuirkusOut, QuirkusUpsideDown, RostockKaligraph, RotundaPommerania, RotundaPommeraniaUNZ1A-Italic, RotundaPommeraniaUNZ1A, Rudelskopfdeutsch-Aufrecht, SchatternvonPreussischeVI9, Schulfibel-Nord-Linie-2, SchwabenAlt-Bold, SchwabenAltUNZ1A-Italic, SchwabenAltUNZ1A, Stage, StrassburgFraktur-Regular, TGL0-16, TGL0-17, TGL0-17Alt, TGL31034-1, TGL31034-1, TGL31034-2, TGL31034-2, Tank, TengwarOptime, TengwarOptimeDiagon, TitilliumMaps29L-1wt, TitilliumMaps29L-400wt, TitilliumMaps29L-800wt, TitilliumMaps29L-999wt, TitilliumText22L-1wt, TitilliumText22L-250wt, TitilliumText22L-400wt, TitilliumText22L-600wt, TitilliumText22L-800wt, TitilliumText22L-999wt, TitilliumTitle20, UtusiStar-Bold, UtusiStar, VarietScala, Varietee, VarieteeArtist, VarieteeCabaret, VarieteeCascadeur, VarieteeCasino, VarieteeCirque, VarieteeColege, VarieteeConferencier, VarieteeFolies, VarieteeIkarier, VarieteeJongleur, VarieteeMirage, VarieteeRevue, VarieteeTheatre, Via-A-Vis, Vrng, Waschkueche, Waschkueche, WaschkuecheGrob-Ultra, WaschkuecheGrob-Ultra, WiegelKurrent, WiegelKurrent, WiegelKurrentMedium, WiegelKurrentMedium, WiegelLatein, WiegelLateinMedium, WolgastScript, WolgastScript, WolgastTwo, WolgastTwo, WolgastTwoBold, WolgastTwoBold, XAyax, XAyax, XAyaxOutline, XAyaxOutline, YiggivooUnicode-Italic, YiggivooUnicode-Italic, YiggivooUnicode, YiggivooUnicode, YiggivooUnicode3D-Italic, YiggivooUnicode3D-Italic, YiggivooUnicode3D, YiggivooUnicode3D, ZeichenDreihundert-Regular, ZeichenDreihundertAlt, ZeichenHundert-Regular, ZeichenHundertAlt, ZeichenVierhundert-Regular, ZeichenZweihundert-Regular, ZeichenZweihundertAlt, cbe-Bold, cbe-BoldItalic, cbe-Italic, cbe, kaufhalle, kaufhalle, kaufhalleblech, kaufhalleblech, moebius.
His type 1 fonts as of 2011: Avocado, BerlinEmail, BerlinEmail2, BerlinEmailBold, BerlinEmailHeavy, BerlinEmailOutline, BerlinEmailSchaddow, BerlinEmailSemibold-Bold, BerlinEmailSerif, BerlinEmailSerifSemibold, BerlinEmailSerifShadow, BerlinEmailWideSemibold, Beroga, BerogaFettig-Bold, CasaSans, Elb-Tunnel, Elb-TunnelSchatten, Maassslicer3D, MaassslicerItalic, Numukki-Italic, Numukki, Powerweld, PreussischeIV44Ausgabe3, Quimbie, QuimbieUH, RostockKaligraph, TGL31034-1, TGL31034-2, UtusiStar-Bold, UtusiStar, Waschkueche, WaschkuecheGrob-Ultra, WolgastScript, WolgastTwo, WolgastTwoBold, YiggivooUnicode-Italic, YiggivooUnicode, YiggivooUnicode3D-Italic, YiggivooUnicode3D, cbe-Bold, cbe-BoldItalic, cbe-Italic, cbe, kaufhalle, kaufhalleblech.
A list of typefaces in alphabetical order, with descriptive comments provided by Reynir Heidberg Stefansson from Iceland: 18th Century Kurrent (Kurrent-style handwriting, Wiegel-coded), Alfabilder (Alphabetic picture font for the German alphabet), Amptmann Script (Partly-connected, upright writing, used on Prussian Railways pattern drawings), ApolloASM (Jugendstil, vaguely resembling an ornate Bocklin), Avocado (Handwriting, broad-nib pen-style), Berlin Email (Narrow sans-serif, based on emailled signage; Wiegel-coded), Berlin Email Serif (Narrow serif, based on emailled signage; Wiegel-coded), Beroga (All-minuscule, rounded marker-style sans-serif with ca. 8° slope), Berthold Mainzer Fraktur (Fraktur in Wiegel (Regular only) and UNZ1(A) coding), Blankenburg (Semicondensed Tannenberg in Wiegel (Regular only) and UNZ1(A) coding), Casa Sans (Squarish, broad-nib pen-style block writing), CatShop (Serif, soft of an acid-washed didone), cbe Normal (Sans-serif, narrow, somewhat cuneiform), Centre Claws (Sans-serif, Art Deco display, a bit like Broadway), Cöntgen Kanzlei (Cöntgen Kanzley) (Fraktur-based calligraphy by Heinrich Hugo Cöntgen, Wiegel coding), DiffiKult (Sans-serif, display, no horizontal lines), DIN 1451 fette Breitschrift 1936 (The now-withdrawn Wide version of DIN 1451 traffic font), Discipuli Britannica (UK school handwriting), Doergon (Slab-serif, narrow-ish, all majuscule), Elabris (Elbaris) (Sans-serif, caps/smallcaps, shades of DIN1451 Engschrift), Elb-Tunnel (Sans-serif, based on signage in the old Elbe tunnel in Hamburg), Elbic Caslon (Elfic Caslon,Elfic Caslin) (A Caslon for the Queen Galadriel), Erika Type (Erica Type) (Slab-serif, typewriter, comes from Wiegel's old Erika typewriter), Eureka (Serif, caps/smallcaps, Art Deco/Jugendstil), Fibel Nord (Sans-serif, based on German school primer), Fibel Süd (Fibel Sued) (Sans-serif, based on German school primer), Fibel Vienna (Sans-serif, based on Austrian school primer), Fundamental Brigade (Sans-serif, geometric, some UNZ1 ligatures), Göschen Fraktur (Goeschen Fraktur) (Fraktur with a biblical feel, Wiegel (Rg only) and UNZ1 coding), Gondrini (Gondrin) (Sans-serif, geometric, display, shaded outlines, cookie-cutter), Greifswalder Deutsche Schrift (Handwriting, based on Rudolf Koch's Offenbacher Kurrent, Wiegel coding), Greifswalder Tengwar (Tengwar handwriting in Offenbach style), Gruenewald VA (Latin-style schoolhand, Wiegel coding), H1N1 (Heavy display face made of parallel wavetrains), Hardman (Heavy, wide, squarish logotype with connecting letters), Helvetia Verbundene (Swiss handwriting), Immermann (Display, resembles a seriffed Radio/Rundfunk, UNZ1 coding), Kaufhalle (Display, recreation of HO Kaufhalle logotype), Koch Fette Deutsche Schrift (Very plain fraktur, Wiegel (Rg only) and UNZ1 coding), Leipzig Fraktur (Fraktur for bread text, Wiegel coding), Leipzig Fraktur UNZ1A (Fraktur for bread text), Luxembourg 1910 (Sans-serif, Jugendstil display face from old spice drawers), Maass Slicer (Maassslicer) (Sans-serif, oblique display face, orig. logotype), Makushka (Sort-of an Elabris with minuscules, looks overlayable), Men Nefer (Slab-serif, geometric, UNZ1 coding), Midroba (Spur-serif, display, all-majuscule, heavy, octal), MMX2010 (Sans-serif, display, caps/smallcaps, TV game machine feel), Moderne Schwabacher (Heavily reworked, Wiegel coding), Moderne Fette Schwabacher UNZ1A (Heavily reworked, Wiegel coding), Möbius (moebius) (Sans-serif, display, bicolour (u/c = non-spacing fills, l/c = spacing outlines)), Morado (Connected handwriting with nib or marker pen), Murrx (Heavy display face made from ellipsoids on NE-SW axis), Mutter Krause (Serif, slanting, Jugendstil-feel.), Nathan (Slab-serif, hand-drawn.), Nomatais (Nomitais) (Elabris with multiple levels of outlines), Numukki (Conlang, knotted-line, good for separators and scenebreaks), Powerweld (Sans-serif, Bauhaus style, all-minuscule), Präsent 60 (PI font with various East German logos), Preussische IV 44 (PreussischeIV44Ausgabe3) (Repro of Prussian Railways pattern type IV 44 version 3), Preussische VI 9 (Repro of Prussian Railways pattern type VI 9 version 2), Proletarsk (Sans-serif, monoline, doubled-up questionmark), Quast (Brush type, all-majuscule, very rough outline), Quimbie (Sans-serif, all-majuscule, resembles Amelia), Quirkus (Sans-serif), Ring Matrix (LED matrix with ring LEDs, solid LEDs and ring LEDs with shadow), Rostock Kaligraph (Very round calligraphy, resembles rotunda), Rotunda Pommerania (Rotunda style, Wiegel-code (Regular only) or UNZ1-coded), Rudelskopf deutsch (Sans-serif, based on Kurrent-style letterforms), Schwaben Alt (Schwabacher in Wiegel- (Rg only) or UNZ1-coding.), Stage (Sans-serif, narrow, Art Deco, fleeting taste of Broadway), Strassburg Fraktur (Handwritten fraktur, ornate majuscules, Wiegel-coding), Tank (PI font with (gas/petrol) tank station logos), TengwarOptime (Optima for Tengwar), TGL 0-16/0-17 (East German versions of DIN 16 and DIN 17 blueprint types), TGL 31034-1, TGL 31034-2 (East German versions of DIN 6776 / DIN EN ISO 3098 blueprint types), Utusi Star (Sans-serif, slight resemblance with Rundfunk), Varieté (Sans-serif, all-majuscule or caps/smallcaps), Vis-A-Vis (Serif, all-majuscule, split in middle), Volk Redis (Kurrent handwriting, anno 1930-1941), Vrångö (LED matrix type like Ring Matrix), Waschküche (Serif, resembles Antykwa Torunska), Wiegel Kurrent (Kurrent-style handwriting), Wiegel Latein (Latin-style handwriting), Wolgast Script (Sloppy-looking handwriting with a broad-nib pen), Wolgast Two (Latin/Cyrillic handwriting), XAyax (Serif, Jugendstil, narrow, all-majuscule), Yiggivoo Unicode (Sans-serif, wide, tall x, board game packaging feel), Youbilee (PI font with various jubilee laurels), Verkehrszeichen (Zeichen) (PI fonts with traffic signs (in layers)), Verkehrszeichen alt (Zeichen Alt) (PI fonts with old traffic signs (in layers)).
Abstract Fonts link. Dafont link. Kernest link. Klingspor link. [Google]
Malaysian designer (b. 1984) based in Petaling Jaya.
Creator of these typefaces in 2012: Afro, Stitches (stitch font), Pop Jazz, Galah Panjang, Bunga Cengkih, Senandung Malam (Victorian all caps family), Kunang Kunang, Raja Drama (hairline avant garde sans), Piring Hitam (Peignotian sans), Dayang Senandung (hairline caps), Kaberet (a squarish outlined typeface), Kata Bidalan (hairline sans), Halusinasi (hallucination), Pak Pandir, Primadona, Mohsuri, Badang (a strong sans), Si LuNcai (monoline geometric sans), Kata Bidalon (a hairline avant garde sans), ContenG (grungy), Chempaka, Retak Seribu, Batik Indo (a textured typeface),Berus Rambut Kuda, Usang (sketched face), Songket (textured caps), Ugly Hand Writing, Dedaun (floriated), The Garden (ornamental caps), Seni Pop (a textured typeface), Modern Kerawang (ornamental caps), Cakar Ayam (scratchy hand), Sticky Notes, and Kerawang (ornamental caps).
Behance link. [Google]
Dan M. Zadorozny
David Fleming Nalle
[Scriptorium (Ragnarok Press, Fontcraft)]
Denise Lara Kamille K. Bentulan
Digital artist from Quezon City, The Philippines, b. 1991. Creator of the hand-printed fonts Killed Vespertine (2013, decorative caps), Esto Bueno (2013), Luna Kronik (2013), Alright Scrapbooky (2013), Bacon Kingdom (2012), Brain Flower (2012), Autumn (2012), Springtime (2012), Soymilk (2012), Wintermelon (2012), Matryoshka (2011, 3d face), Monovirus (2011, caps only), Baby Doll (2011, handprinted), Denne Freakshow (2011, 3d handprinted), Chemistry (2010), Dominique (2010), All Hail Julia (2010), Denne Etude (2010), Denne Gnossienne (2010), Denne Shuffle (2010, 3d and handprinted), DenneAtTheTeaParty (2010), DenneMilkTea (2010, all caps, handprinted), Denne Kitten Heels (2010), Denne Angel (2010), Denne Fuchoor (2009), Denne Sketchy (2009), Denne's aliens (2009), Denne Schoolgirl (2009), Denne's Chokipi (2009), Pretty Shit (2009, dingbats), Denne's Summer (2009), Denne's Pen (2009), Crown Doodle (2009), DENNECURSIVE (2009), DENNELEFT-HAND (2009), Denne-Delica (2009), DenneMarker (2009), DennePuffy-Hearts (2008, marker pen), DenneThreedee (2008, marker pen), Denne's Aliens (2009), and Denne'sOldHandwriting (2009), 2006 (based on the Welcome font by Whitestone which was used in the Fifa World Cup in 2006).
Home page. Dafont link. Fontsy link. Klingspor link. Abstract Fonts link. Devian tart link. Behance link. [Google]
Frank Béla (b. 1978, Orosháza, Hungary) is a graphic design student at Krea Art School in Budapest who uses the pseudonym Fabergraph. Home page. Blog. In 2010, he started out commercially as Faberfonts. Dafont link. Behance link. Klingspor link.
He created the ink trap font Portrait Of A Lady (2009), FR Irisz (2009, didone family), Pontifex (2009), the handprinted Munkácsy 1120 (2009), the unicase Reka Sans (2009), the thick-thin Azur (2009), the simple sans Babyface (2009), the medieval sorcery font Elmulas (2009), the Valentine;s Day font Sapet (2009), the avant garde sans family Hopper Sans (2009) and the ultra-fat face Rendezvous (2009). Callimachos (2009) is a fun triple-lined handprinted headline face (with a Cyrillic version added in). Azur Title Font (2009) is a hairline slabbed typewriter type. Pasta Simpla (2009, followed by FR Pasta Mono in 2010) is another experimental jewel. Hobbista (2009) mixes symbols and glyphs. FR Rama Nous (2009) is a free modular font. In 2009, he also made Arrow, Enamel Paint Type, Belonging (Roman caps).
Commercial fonts made in 2010: FR Unalom, FR Sniccer (stencil), FR Ceruza, FR Minta (a dingbat face to make labyrinthine patterns; +Two), FR Tabula (beveled face), FR Smaragdina, FR Mintry One and Two (pattern fonts), and a custom alphabet for Esquire Russia, FR Hopper (monoline sans family).
Activity in 2011: A didone-inspired face called MFA Dagi that was was commissioned for a catalog of an exhibition at The Museum of Fine Arts (Budapest, Hungary). [Google]
Fontfabric is the foundry of Svetoslav Simov, a visual designer who is located in Sofia, Bulgaria, b. 1984. Highly innovative designer whose creations have lots of style and flair. Many fonts are for both Latin and Cyrillic. Picture. Behance link. Dafont link. Typegoodness link. YWFT link.
- Typefaces from 2008: Cubic (3d face), Clou (cloud-like letters), Colo (double-lined and geometric), Snail, Blou (very thick and counterless letters).
- Typefaces from 2009: United Sans (sans family), Uni Sans (another (the same?) sans family), Kare (psychedelic), File (fat face), Zag (7-style monoline sans with tear drop terminals; it include Zag Drps and Zag Deco), Clou (cloudy letters), Facet (Black and Ultra: paper fold faces), Noveu (psychedelic, art nouveau), Pastel (brush face), Rolka (round ultra-fat and curly lettering), Val (rounded fat), Kvant (severe and octagonal), Duplex (fat techno), Avatar (ultra fat black), Dovde (bubbly, co-designed by Maria Karkova), LOT (fat art deco), MOD (ultra-fat), Oval (rounded sans), Quad (octagonal outline), Portal Strips and Portal Black (hyper-experimental geometric faces), Prisma (more ultra-fat experimentation) and Wigan.
- Creations in 2010: Hero (free sans family), Null (ultra fat, free), Aston (a modern high-contrast rounded display face), DAN (free piano key font; Dan Pro is not free though), Solomon (headline sans family) [Images of Solomon: i, ii, iii, iv, v, vi, vii, viii], Dox (ultra fat geometric poster face), Sudoku (a geometric display family with several biline and triline styles, done with Fontan2), VAL Stencil (a stencil in which repeating letters makes them tilt the other way; free), Code (2010, a fantastic monoline sans family; images: i, ii, iii, iv, v), Dekar (techno), Clipdings Web, Clipdings Travel, Clipdings Graphic Arts, Babydings, Artdings, Reader (Light, Bold: avant garde sans), SAF2010 (comic book/signage: well, Jan Erasms, the designer in 2006 of Menyaka for FIFA WC 2010 is not happy, calling SAF a blatant imitation), Age Free (free fat organic face), GOTA (a free fat finger sans face).
- Typefaces from 2011: Gabriel Sans (grotesk family), La Boheme (signage face), Qero Mite (an organic monoline sans), Code Pro (caps only clean sans headline family), Solomon Sans (a headline monoline sans family).
- Typefaces made in 2012: Nexa (a geometric sans in 16 styles), Nexa, Rex (free octagonal family for Latin and Cyrillic), Hagin (free), Intro (26-style superfamily) and Intro Inline (free Futura-style family for Latin and Cyrillic).
- Typefaces from 2013: Nexa Slab.
View Fontfabric's typefaces.
Klingspor link. Dafont link. [Google]
Advertised as the center of Polish type. It has an active archive with many new postings. [Google]
Gilles Le Corre
[GLC --- Gilles Le Corre]
GLC --- Gilles Le Corre
[Gilles Le Corre]
French painter born in Nantes in 1950, who lives in Talmont St Hilaire. His fonts include 2010 Cancellaresca Recens (inspired by a chancery type of Francisco Lucas from the late 16th century), 2009 Handymade (comic book style), 2009 Lollipop (chancery style), 2009 GLC Plantin, 2009 Primitive (2009, a rough-edged roman script), 2008 Script 2 (2008), GLC Ornaments One (2008) and 2008 Xmas Fantasy (2008: blackletter). In 2008, he started GLC -- Gilles Le Corre and became commercial. He is best known for his historic revivals:
- 161 Vergilius (2010)
- 750 Latin Uncial (2010): inspired by the Latin script used in European monasteries from circa 5th to 8th, before the Carolingian style took over. The uppercases were mainly inspired by a 700's manuscript from Fécamp's abbey in France.
- 799 Insular (2010): inspired by the so-called insular style of Latin script that was used in Celtic monasteries from about 600 until 820.
- 825 Karolus (2009), and 825 Lettrines Karolus (2009).
- 1066 Hastings (2009).
- 1350 Primitive Russian (2012) was inspired by a Russian Cyrillic hand of Russkaja Pravda. It has rough-edged Latin charaters and many old Russian glyphs.
- 1420 Gothic Script (2008).
- 1431 Humane Niccoli (2010), after writings of Florence-based calligrapher Niccolo Niccoli (1364-1437).
- 1456 Gutenberg (2008, based on a scan of an old text). Followed by 1456 Gutenerg B42 Pro, which was based on the so called B42 character set used for the two Gutenberg Latin Bibles (42 and 36 lines).
- 1462 Bamberg (2008).
- 1467 Pannartz Latin (2009): inspired by the edition De Civitate Dei (by Sanctus Augustinus) printed in 1467 in Subiaco by Konrad Sweynheym and Arnold Pannartz, who was the punchcutter.
- 1470 Sorbonne (2010) was inspired by the first French cast font, for the Sorbonne University printing shop. The characters were drawn by Jean Heynlin, rector of the university based on examples by Pannartz. It is likely that the cutter was Adolf Rusch.
- 1470 Jenson-SemiBold (2008).
- 1475 BastardeManual (2008, inspired by the type called Bastarde Flamande, a book entitled Histoire Romaine (by Titus Livius), translated in French by Pierre Bersuire ca. 1475, was the main source for drawing the lower case characters).
- 1479 Caxton Initials (2009): inspired by the two blackletter fonts used by the famous William Caxton in Westminster (UK) in the late 1400s.
- 1483 Rotunda Lyon (2010): inspired by a Venetian rotunda found in a 1483 book called Eneide printed in Lyon by Barthélémy Buatier (from Lyon) and Guillaume Le Roy (from Liège, Belgium).
- 1484 Bastarda Loudeac (2008).
- 1470 Jenson Latin (2009), inspired by the pure Jenson set of fonts used in Venice to print De preparatio evangelica in 1470.
- 1491 Cancellarasca Normal and Formata (2009): inspired by the very well known humanistic script called Cancellaresca. This variant, Formata, was used by many calligraphers in the late 1400s, especially by Tagliente, whose work was mainly used for this font.
- 1492 Quadrata (2008).
- 1495 Lombardes (2008): a redrawn set of Lombardic types, which were used in Lyon by printers such as Mathias Huss, Martin Havard or Jean Real, from the end of 14OOs to the middle of 1500s.
- 1495 Bastarda Lyon (2008, based on the font used in the "Conte de Griseldis" by Petrarque).
- 1499 Alde Manuce Pro (2010): inspired by the roman font used by Aldus Manutius in Venice (1499) to print Hypnerotomachia Poliphili, the well-known book attributed to Francesco Colonna. Francesco Griffo was the punchcutter. The Italic style, carved by Francesco Colonna, illustrates the so-called Aldine style.
- 1509 Leyden (2008; inspired by the type used in Leyden by Jan Seversz to print Breviores elegantioresque epistolae).
- 1510 Nancy (2008, decorated initial letters was inspired by those used in 1510 in Nancy (France, Lorraine) for printing of Recueil ou croniques des hystoires des royaulmes d'Austrasie ou France orientale[...] by Symphorien Champion; unknown printer).
- 1512 Initials.
- 1514 Paris Verand (based on initial caps that Barthélémy Verand employed for the printing of Triumphus translatez de langage Tuscan en François.
- 1522 Vicentino (2011). Based on Ludovico Vicentino Arrighi's 1522 face published in La Operina.
- GLC 1523 Holbein (2010, after Hans Holbein's Alphabet of Death.
- GLC 1525 Durer Initials (2010). Sample R.
- 1529 Champ Fleury Pro and 1529 Champ Fleury Initials (2010): based on Geofroy Tory's original drawings and text face.
- 1532 Bastarde Lyon (2008, based on work by an anonymous printer in Lyon (France) to print the French popular novel Les Grandes et inestimables Chroniques du grand et enorme geant Gargantua).
- 1533 GLC Augereau Pro: inspired by one of Antoine Augereau's three roman typefaces: the Gros Romain size, used in 1533 to print Le miroir de l'&aciorc;me..., a poetic compilation by Marguerite de Navarre, sister of the French king François I.
- 1534 Fraktur (2009; inspired by the early Fraktur style font used circa 1530 by Jacob Otther, printer in Strasbourg (Alsace-France) for German language printed books).
- 1536 Civilité manual (2011). Based on a handwritten copy of Brief story of the second journey in Canada (1535) by French explorer Jacques Cartier.
- 1538 Schwabacher (2008, based on a font used by Georg Rhan in Wittemberg (Germany) to print Des Babsts Hercules [...], a German pamphlet against roman catholicism written by Johannes Kymeus).
- 1540 Mercator Script was inspired by an alphabet of Gerardus Mercator, who is known for his maps as well as his Literarum Latinarum, quas Italicas cursoriasque vocant, scribendarum ratio (1540).
- 1543 Humane Petreius (2012) was inspired by the typeface used in Nuremberg by Johannes Petreius for De Revolutionibus Orbium Coelestium, the well-known mathematical and astronomical essay by Nicolas Copernicus.
- 1543 German Deluxe (2009): a Schwabacher inspired by the sets of fonts used in 1543 by Michael Isengrin, printer in Basel, to print New Kreüterbuch, which is a book with numerous nice pictures, the masterpiece of Leonhart Fuchs, father of the modern botany.
- 1543 HumaneJenson-Bold (2008, after the face used in Vesalius' 1543 book De humani corporis fabrica).
- 1543 HumaneJenson-Normal (2008, same source).
- 1545 Faucheur (2011) is a rough garalde face that was inspired by the set of fonts used in Paris by Ponce Rosset, aka Faucheur, to print the story of the second travel to Canada by Jacques Cartier, first edition, printed in 1545.
- 1546 Poliphile (2009), nspired by the French edition of Hypnerotomachie de Poliphile ("The Strife of Love in a Dream") attributed to Francesco Colonna, 1467, and printed in 1546 in Paris by Jacques Kerver.
- 1550 Arabesques (2008, caps).
- 1557 Civilité Granjon (2010).
- 1557 Italique (2008, based on Italic type used by Jean de Tournes in Lyon to print La métamorphose d'Ovide figurée).
- 1565 Renaissance (2010), inspired by French renaissance decorated letters.
- 1565 Venetian Normal (2008, initial decorated letters that are entirely original, but were inspired by Italian renaissance engraver Vespasiano Amphiareo's patterns published in Venice ca. 1568).
- 1584 Rinceau (2008, a set of initial letters is an entirely original creation, inspired by French renaissance patterns used by Bordeaux printers circa 1580-1590).
- 1584 Pragmatica Lima (2011). Based on fonts used in 1584 by Antonio Ricardo to produce the first publication ever printed in Southern America.
- 1585 Flowery (2009): inspired by French renaissance decorated letters.
- 1589 Humane Bordeaux (2008, inspired by the Garamond fonts used by S. Millanges (imprimeur ordinaire du Roy) in Bordeaux ca. 1580-1590. The alphabets were used to reprint L'instruction des curés by Jean Gerson).
- 1590 Humane Warszawa is a rough-edged garalde face inspired by a font carved circa 1590 for a Polish editor.
- 1592 GLC Garamond (2008, inspired by the pure Garamond set of fonts used by Egenolff and Berner, German printers in Frankfurt, at the end of sixteen century. Considered the best and most complete set at the time. The italic style is Granjon's).
- 1610 Cancellaresca (2008, inspired by the Cancellaresca moderna type of 1610 by Francesco Periccioli who published it in Sienna).
- 1613 Basilius (2012) was based on the hand-drawn types used by Basilius Besler (Germany) for the carved plates of his botanical manual Hortus eystettensis.
- 1621 GLC Pilgrims (2010).
- 1634 René Descartes (2009), based upon his handwriting in a letter to Mersenne.
- 1638 Civilité Manual (2010). Inspired by a French solicitor's document dated 1638.
- GLC 1648 Chancellerie (2011). Inspired by the hand-written 1648 Munster peace treaty signed by roi Louis XIV and Kaiser Ferdinand II.
- 1651 Alchemy (2010): a compilation created from a Garamond set in use in Paris circa 1651.
- GLC 1669 Elzevir (2011) was inspired by the font faces used in Amsterdam by Daniel Elzevir to print Tractatus de corde, the study of earth anatomy by Richard Lower, in 1669. The punchcutter was Kristoffel Van Dijk.
- GLC 1672 Isaac Newton (2012) is based on the hand of Isaac Newton.
- GLC Morden Map (2011). Based on an engraved typeface used on a pack of playing cards published by Sir Robert Morden in 1676.
- 1682 Writhed Hand: very irregular handwriting.
- 1689 GLC Garamond Pro (2010): inspired by Garamond fonts used in an edition of Remarques critiques sur les oeuvres d'Horace by DAEP, published in Paris by Deny Thierry and seprately by Claude Barbin.
- 1689 Almanach (2009): inspired by the eroded and tired fonts used by printers from the sixteenth century to the early years of twentieth for cheap or fleeting works, like almanacs, adverts, gazettes or popular novels.
- 1695 Captain Flynt.
- 16th Arabesques (2008, an exquisite ornamental caps scanfont).
- 1715 Jonathan Swift (2011). An example of the hand of Irish poet and novelist Jonathan Swift (1667-1745). It is a typical exemple of the British quill pen handwriting from about 1650-1720.
- GLC 1726 Real Espanola (2012). Based on the set of typefaces used by Francisco Del Hierro to print the first Spanish language Dictionary from the Spanish Royal Academy (Real Academia Española, Dictionario de Autoridades) in 1726. These transitional styles are said to have been the first set of official typefaces in Spain.
- 1741 Financiere (2009): inspired by the Fournier's font Financière. While it appears handwritten, it was in fact carved in 1741 by Pierre Simon Fournier le jeune and published in his Manuel Typographique in Paris (1764-1766).
- 1742 Frenchcivilite (2008).
- 1751 GLC Copperplate (2009), a 6-style family about which Gilles says: This family was inspired by an engraved plate from Diderot&Dalembert's Encyclopedia (1751), illustrating the chapter devoted to letter engraving techniques. The plate bears two engravers names: "Aubin" (may be one of the four St Aubin brothers?) and "Benard" (whose name is present below all plates of the Encyclopedia printed in Geneva). It seems to be a transitional type, but different from Fournier or Grandjean.
- 1756 Dutch (2011).
- 1776 Independence (inspired mainly from the font used by John Dunlap in the night of 1776 July 4th in Philadelphia to print the first 200 sheets of the Congress' Declaration of Independence establishing the United States of America).
- 1781 La Fayette (2010): a formal bâtarde coulée script with caitals inspired by Fournier (1781).
- 1785 GLC Baskerville (2011). Le Corre explains: The Baskerville's full collection was bought by the French editor and author Pierre-Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais who used it to print---in Switzerland---for the first time the complete work of Voltaire (Best known as the Kehl edition, by the "Imprimerie de la société littéraire typographique"). We have used this edition, with exemplaries from 1785, to reconstruct this genuine historical two styles.
- 1786 GLC Fournier (2010), based on several books printed in Paris just before the Didot era set in. The Titling characters are based on hymns printed by Nicolas Chapart.
- 1790 Royal Printing (2009): inspired by various variants of Romain du Roy.
- 1791 Constitution (2011).
- 1792 La Marseillaise (2011). Based on the original manuscript of the French revolutionary song La Marseillaise which later became the French national hymn---it was composed in one night (April 25, 1792) by captain Rouget de Lisle.
- 1805 Austerlitz Script Light: a typical French handwriting style from that period, named after one of the few battles that Napoleon actually won.
- 1805 Jaeck Map (2011). Inspired by the engraved characters of a German map, edited in Berlin at the end of 1700s. The engraver was Carl Jaeck or Jaek (1763-1808).
- 1809 Homer (2011), a grungy face named after the "homer" message pigeons.
- 1815 Waterloo (2008): a handwriting face originating in Napoleon's government. Why do I feel that GLC is nostalgic for the era of Napoleon? Their own present dwarf-version of Napoleon is not exactly a huge success.
- 1820 Modern (2009) was inspired by a didone font used in Rennes by Cousin-Danelle, printers, for a Brittany travel guide.
- 1822 GLC Caslon (2010): inspired by a Caslon set used by an unknown Flemish printer from Bruges, in the beginning of 1800s, a little before the revival of the Caslon style in the 1840s.
- 1845 Mistress (2009): calligraphic script.
- 1848 Barricades Italic, a quill pen italic.
- 1859 Solferino (2009).
- 1863 Gettysburg (2008; inspired by a lot of autographs, notes and drafts, written by President Abraham Lincoln, mainly the Gettysburg address).
- 1864 GLC Monogram Initials (2011) was inspired by a French portfolio containing about two hundred examples of Chiffres---deux lettres, created for engravers and jewelers in Paris in 1864, and drawn by French engraver C. Demengeot.
- 1871 Victor Hugo (2011). Based on manuscripts from the final part of the life of Victor Hugo (1802-1885).
- 1871 Whitman Script (2008) and 1871 Dreamer Script (2008): inspired by manuscripts by American poet Walt Whitman. See also 1871 Dreamer 2 Pro (2012).
- 1880 Kurrentschrift (2010): German handwriting, based on late medieval cursive. It is also known as "Alte Deutsche schrift" ("Old German script"). This was taught in German schools until 1941.
- 1883 Fraktur (2009): inspired by fonts used by J. H. Geiger, printer in Lahr, Germany.
- 1885 Germinal: based on notes and drafts written by Émile Zola (1840-1902).
- GLC 1886 Romantic Initials (2012).
- 1890 Registers Script (2008): inspired by the French "ronde".
- 1890 Notice (2009): a fat didone family.
- 1902 Loïe Fuller (art nouveau face).
- 1906 Fantasio (2010): inspired by the hatched one used for the inner title and many headlines by the popular French satirical magazine Fantasio (1906-1948).
- 1906 French News: a weathered Clarendon-like family based on the fonts used by Le Petit Journal, a French newspaper that ran from 1863 until 1937.
- 1906 Fantasio Auriol (2010), inspired by the set of well known Auriol fonts used by the French popular satirical magazine Fantasio (1906-1948).
- 1906 Titrage (2009): a didone headline face from the same newspaper.
- Underwood 1913 (2007, an old typewriter font, whose commercial version is Typewriter 1913), and 1913 Typewriter Carbon (2008).
- 1920 French Script Pro (2010).
- 1925 My Toy Print Deluxe Pro (2010): inspired by rubbert stamp toy print boxes called Le petoit imprimeur.
- 1968 GLC Graffiti (2009).
- 1917 Stencil (2009; with rough outlines).
- 1920 My Toy Print (2010, grunge).
- 2010 Dance of Death (2010): based on Hans Holbein's Alphabet of Death.
- 2010 Pipo Classic: a grungy typewriter slab serif family.
- 2011 Slimtype (2011) and 2011 Slimtype Sans (2011): an old typewriter typeface.
Hanoded is the foundry (est. 2010) of Dutch designer and photographer David Kerkhoff, b. Epe, 1969. In its first year, Hanoded was a free font outfit specializing in handwriting and handprinted faces. Its creations could be seen at Dafont, Abstract Fonts and Fontspace. Klingspor link.
In 2011, he went partially commercial via MyFonts. His typefaces became more diversified and are quite stunning at times:
- A: Abysmal Gaze (2011. scratchy face), Aderyn (2012: a poster family), Aint Nothing Fancy (2010). All Over Again (2010), All Over Again All Caps (2010), Allez Hop (2011), Americain (2012, constructivist), Antisocial Behavior (2010), Artful Dodger (2012, a grungy Clarendon), AshesToAshes (2010), Ashtanga (2013, curly caps), Au Revoir (2012).
- B: BadPaintjob (2010), Balagan (2010), Baznat (2010), BehindDirtyBlinds (2010), Black Mark (2012, a heavy brush face), Bottle Shop Faded (2010), Brooklyner (2013: an art deco caps face based on the typeface used for The Brooklynite, a magazine from the 1920's), Bullet in your Head (2010). Business As Usual (2011, scratchy).
- C: Canned Whale (2012, outlined and hand-printed), Carbonara (2011, grungy typewriter), Carte Blanche (2012, a gorgeous arched / sketched caps face), Castanea (2012, a painter's font), Celluloid Bliss (2010), Charons Obol (2011, scary brush face), Cheat Sheet (2013, handwritten), Chunky Chicken (2013), DK Clair de Lune (2012, an exquisite curly poster font), Codswallop (2011, fat handprinted), Corner Shop Chique (2010), Couldnt be bothered (2010), Courant (2011, grungy blackletter), Crayon Crumble (2011, chalk face), DK Crayonista (2012), Criss Cross (2011), Cubissimo (2013, a cubist geometric font inspired by a 1929 poster advertising a museum exhibition), Cul de Sac (2010, 3d outline face, handprinted and sketched).
- D: Deco Pimp (2011), DK Allez Hop (2011). Don Quixote (2011. nice grunge calligraphic hand), Drawing Blood (2010).
- E: Early Morning Coffee (2012), Ersatz Quality (2010).
- F: Face Your Fears (2011), FairNSquare (2010), Fallout Font (2010), Fantastique (2012, a 3d hnad-printed caps face), Fat Little Piggy (2010), Father Frost (2012), Fledermaus (2012: Fledermaus ("bat") was a cabaret theater from Vienna. The original Jugendstil decor was designed by Josef Hoffman and several posters, advertising performances, were designed by other members of the Vienna Workshop. The Fledermaus font was based on a 1907 poster by Bertold Löffler.; the missing glyphs were created by Kerkhoff), DK Formosa (2012).
- G: Galangal (a phenomenal poster face that plays on thick and thin, in the style of Horst Caps), Gerards Gold (2010, script face), GerardsGold (2010). Ghost Reverie (2010, a scratchy family), Grafiker (2013, a brush face loosely based on the work of designers Oskar Kokoschka (1886-1980) and Jean Carlu (1900-1997)), Gulag Decay (2010).
- H: Hanoded Hand (2010), Hanoded-Heavy (2010), Harimau (2012, a rounded children's book font), Harrumph (2011, a fat poster lettering family), Hasty Tasty (2011), HaraldRunicDEMO (2010), Hedgehog Hans (2012, comic book typeface), Hex (2012), Hieratic Numerals (2010), High Tea (2012), DK Himmelblau (2012, art nouveau font based on a poster from 1902 made by the Künstlerbund Hagen), Huggin and Muninn (2012, script face), Hummus Chips Salat (2010).
- I: Inky Fingers (2013, a fat finger font), Interstellar Erosion (2010), Ishtar (2012: spooky brush font).
- J: Joe Schmoe (2011, handprinted), Just Before Liposuction (2010).
- K: Kerberos Fang (2011), Fat Kitty Kat (2013), Kokomo (2012, 3d and outlined), Kolkata Hotelroom (2010), Koshatnik (2011, all caps brush face), Kubikajiri (2011, an India ink brush face), DK Kundalini (2013, curly), Kunstschau (2012: a beautiful poster font that was modeled on a stamp, designed by Austrian artist Bertold Löffler, for the Kunstschau 1908 exhibition in Vienna), Kurkuma (2013, a wonderful poster caps face), Kusukusu (2011, handprinted).
- L: Lampion (2012, a condensed unicase hand-drawn face), Leakage (2010, ink splash face), DK Limoen (2012, shadow outline face), Lokomotiv (2012, an art deco caps face based on poster for the 1930 Geneva Motor Show), DK Louise (2012, art deco, cubist: based on the art of Louise Marie (lou) Loeber, a Dutch painter).
- M: DK Mama Bear (2012), Mary Ate a Little Lamb (2010), Mayonaise (2011), Meshuggeneh (2013---crazy fool on Yiddish; a twisted 3d typeface), Midnight Hour (2011), Moi Non Plus (2011), DK Monsieur Le Chat (2012, curly face---can't wait for Madame La Chatte...), Moonlight Shadow (2010, a nice scribbly pair of fonts), Mosca (2013), Mothman (2011, a sppoky scratchy face).
- N: Nakata (2012, a great notebook style script), Nanuk (2013, an outlined 3d typeface), Neues Bauen (2011). Nightbird (2011, blood drip face), Northumbria (2012: modeled on original 7th and 8th century monastic gospel books from Northern England), DK Nutnik (2012, a mural paint font), Nyctophobia (2010, brush face).
- O: Obrigado (2012, rounded art deco face), Oei (2010), Oomph (2010), DK Oyuki's Ghost (2013, scratchy scary typeface made with a steel pen and Chinese Ink---the name comes from a painting by Maruyama Okyo (1733-1795), which depicts his mistress who died young. Maruyama Okyo claimed she haunted him in his sleep).
- P: Pawn Shop Pretty (2010), Petit Oiseau (2013), Pimpernel (2012), Pinda (2011), P.I. (2011, grungy typewriter), Pingo (2012, display face), Pisang (2013, an all caps poster font), Plakkaat (2011), Porcupine Pickle (2011), ProjectX (2010), ProjectY (2010), ProjectZ (2010), Promedanenmischung (2010), Pumpkin Soup (2013: a poster typeface).
- Q: Quid Pro Quo (2011, scratchy calligraphic), Quilted Butterfly (2010), QuoVadisQuasimodo (2010).
- R: Rabbit on the Moon (2011, children's typeface), Rainforest (2010). Rat Infested Mailbox (2010), Retch (2013, frightening scratchy script), Rumpelstiltskin (2011, comic book family), Runic Series [Gunfjaun Runic (2010), Modraniht Runic (2010), Leakage (2010), Hyrrokkin Runic (2010), Harald Runic (2010). Gunnar Runic (2010), Nidhogg Runic (2010), Skraeling Runic (2010), Sleipnir Runic (2010), Tjelvar Runic (2010), Yggdrasil Runic (2010), Graip Runic (2010), Fenrir Runic (2010), Beowulf Runic (2010)], Rusty Cage (2011).
- S: Same Same but Different (2010), DK Samhain (2012, brush face), Sammy Boy (2011, fat poster face), Satsuma (2013, a poster face), Saturday Sunday Monday (2010), Scurvy Dog (2011, scratchy hand), Secret Diary (2013: hand-printed), Sheepman (2012), Shesek (2011, a fat finger face), Single Malta (2010), Sirius B (2013, poster font), Sketchy Smiley (2010, smilies), Sketchy Smiley II (2012), Skratch (2010, broken glass face), Sleight of Hand (2010), Slipstream Sweetheart (2010), Sobriquet (2012: a wonderful antique poster face), Spiderlegs (2011. Images: i, ii), SquareOne (2010), SquareOneGrunge (2010), Squint (2013, squarish), Suco de Laranja (2012), SundayMonday (2010), Sweet Steeffie (2010). Syphon Spritz (2010, a great curly script; a Pro version appeared in 2010 at CheapProFonts).
- T: That Little Piggy (2010), Thievery (2012, curly script), This Little Piggy (2010), Trashtype (2011, grungy), Tripping on Acid (2010), Trollslayer (2011, brush face), Twelve Weeks Pregnant (2010), Tzeva Tari (2010, grunge Hebrew).
- U: Ugh (2010).
- V: Ventana (2013, created using Chinese ink and a bamboo pen), Vermilion (2013, hand-printed poster face), DK Viareggio (2012, an art deco font Viareggio is based on the handlettering found on a 1931 poster, advertising the carnival of Viareggio), Vienna Workshop (2012, an art nouveau typeface based on some of the artwork produced by Vienna Workshop artists, in particular that of Koloman Moser), Vox Populi (2012, medieval).
- W: Warpspeed (2010), Wayang (2013, influenced by Indonesian puppets), Weekend Warrior (2010), Welt Schmerz (2012, a post-art nouveau face based on a 1910 poster from Austria), WetDream (2010), WindshieldMassacre, With A Twist (2011).
- Yellow Balloon (2013, a fat poster face).
- Z: Zonnig (2011).
Harold Lohner was born in upstate New York in 1958. He received an MFA in printmaking from the University at Albany and is Professor of Visual Arts at Sage College of Albany. He began making fonts in 1997 and starting distributing them the next year through Harold's Fonts. He lives in Albany, NY, with his partner, Al Martino. Originally, most of his typefaces were freeware or shareware, but gradually, he started selling most on his site or via FontBros. His typefaces:
- Famous fonts: Auteur (2007, after the handwriting in the opening titles of Jean Cocteau's The Beauty and the Beast, 1946), 12 to the Moon (2000, runes based on the Columbia Pictures movie "12 to the Moon"), Aardvark Café (2000, extrapolated from the famous Hard Rock Café logo), BENSFOLK (2000, adapted from the work of Ben Shahn, in turn adapted from "folk or amateur" alphabets. Font originally developed for The Arts Center of the Capital Region.), BENSFOLK CONDENSED (2000), Bensgothic (1998), BensgothicLigatures (1998), CALAVERAS (2002, a take on Daisyland), Comet Negative (2000, based on the logo of Country Music Television (CMT)), Comet Positive (2000), HonestJohns (2000, based on the lettering in the classic Howard Johnson's restaurants logo), METRODF (2000, based on the Mexico City subway's lettering), Radio (2002, derived from the old NPR (National Public Radio) logo).
- Handlettering: Frank the Architect (2004, +Bold, 2009: after the lettering of architect Frank Ching), National Archive (2009, calligraphic), Rough Draft (2009, sketched font), Greg's Hand (2009), Rudland Hand (2007, inspired by the work of the British artist and designer Peter Rudland), Gamera (2006), Directors Script (2006, based on a film credits script from the 1940s), National Archive (2005, based on the lettering of Timothy Matlack, who wrote the Declaration of Independence), Frank the Architect (2004, based on Frank Ching's lettering, which also gave rise to the Tekton family), Imitation (2003, inspired by the handlettered titles of the film Imitation of Life (1959), directed by Douglas Sirk and artdirected by Richard H. Riedel), Imitation Two (2004), antiestablishment (2000), Christmas Card (2000, based on the handlettered opening titles of the film "It's a Wonderful Life", Art Director: Jack Okey. This font was retired and replaced in 2006 by Testimonial), Espangle (2002, as the lettering for El Corte Ingles), Dad's Recipe (2000, based on his dad's handwriting), Greg's Hand (2001, Greg Smith's writing), Greg's Other Hand (2002), Kaela (1998, reshaped and extended in 2006), Marker Man (1999), Synch (2000, with Phil Campbell, inspired by the work of the artist Stuart Davis), Synchronous (2000, based on Syncopated Script, again made with Phil Campbell), Syncopated Script (1999).
- Blackletter: Waldorf Text (2011, after a 1914 original), Waldorf Heavy Illuminated (2011), Manucrypt (2011), Rude Goth (2007, grunge blackletter), Alsace-Lorraine, Benighted, Chinese Gothic, Christmas Card II, Kombine Regular, Kombine Kursiv (2000), Olde Chicago.
- Woodtype: Blacktops (caps, 1999), Blacktop Small Caps (1999), Cinderella (1998). The Western font Cattle Annie (2006) is an unauthorized digital interpretation of the analog font "Les Catalanes." According to ABZ: More alphabets and other signs by Rothenstein and Gooding, it was designed in 1952 by Enric Crous-Vidal (1908-1987) but was never produced.
- Stencil fonts: JJ Stencil, JJStencilLight (2000, inspired by the work of Jasper Johns), JJStencil Wet, JJStencilMedium, Sideshow (2000, based on the stencilled lettering on a vintage Ouija board), JJStencilSolid (2003), StencilFour (2001, inspired by the logo of Channel 4 (UK); reworked in 2006 into Oaktag), StencilFourReversed (2001).
- Western: Oklahoma (2006, based on the title of the film by that name), Captain Howdy (1999, 2000, Western font based on the lettering on a Ouija board).
- Fraktur fonts: Benighted (2002), AlsaceLorraine (2000), Chinese Gothic (2000), Kombine Regular (2000), Kombine Kursiv (2000).
- Revived Letraset fonts: BLOCK UP family (2000, based on the font family by the same name by Sally Ann Grover (1974) for Letraset), Good Vibes (2001, based on the analog font "Good Vibrations" by Trevor Hatchett for Letraset, 1973), GoodVibesBackbeat (2001), ObliqueTextBold (2000, based on a Letraset font called Obliq, 1984), ObliqueTextLight (2000), ObliqueTextMedium (2000), Wireframe (2000, based on the Letraset font Bombere designed by Carla Bombere (or Carla Ward)).
- Art deco fonts: Cartel (2005, simply gorgeous), based on the lettering of the 1936 movie by that name), Crazy Harold (2009), Road Jester (2009), Onion (2003), Roberta (2003, based on a font of Bob Trogman, 1962), Roberta Raised Shadow (2003), Boomerang family (1998-2000), LeFilmClassic family (2000, based on the classic Art Deco font of the same name, originally designed by Marcel Jacno and released by Deberny&Peignot, 1927), LeFilmLetters (2000), LeFilmShadow (2000), PopUps (1998, a 3-d art deco font for signboards), Tapeworm (1998, based on the work of artist Ed Ruscha), Farouk (2001, a five-line art deco font, based on an analog font of the same name, as illustrated in Paul E. Kennedy's "Modern Display Alphabets"; in fact, the original source should be Fatima, a font designed by Karl Hermann Schaefer in 1933 at Schriftguss, and a copy of it at FT Française was called Atlas (1933). Lohner renamed Fatima to Atlas at some point, and added Atlas Solid, still in 2001).
- MICR fonts: CMC7 (1998).
- Dingbats: Bingo Dingo (2011, inspired by the classic Mexican game, Loteria), Essene Dingbats (2005), Chapeau (2005, inspired by the 1902 Sears Catalog), Corset (2005, inspired by the 1902 Sears Catalog), Harold's Pips (2004), Alpha Bravo (2003), Rebus, AmericanCheese (1999), Candide Dingbats (1999, a reclinming women dingbat face based on decorations designed by Rockwell Kent for "Candide," circa 1928), Maritime Flags (2000), New Year Dingbats (1999: Japanese patterns).
- Monospace fonts: Chica Mono (2000, based on Apple's Chicago; not really monospaced, by the way), Queer Theory Black, Bold, Regular and Light (1999).
- Arabic simulation faces: Alhambra (2006), Alhambra Deep (2006).
- Oriental simulation fonts: Bruce Mikita (+Solid) (after a metal font by the same name; Dan Solo calls it Lantern), Pad Thai (2006), Mystic Prophet (2002, inspired by Ouija boards), Chines Gothic, Font Shui (inspired by a style of hand-lettering illustrated in Alphabets: Ancient&Modern, compiled by J. B. Russell (Padell, 1946), Rubaiyat Shadow and Inline, Seoul (Korean font simulation), Shazi, Twelve to the moon, Chow Fun (2001, an oriental simulation face based on a sample of hand lettering identified as "Crooks' Stencil Designed Alphabet" in Alphabets: Ancient&Modern, compiled by J. B. Russell and published in 1945 by Padell Book Co), Quasi (1998).
- Cartoon fonts: Laughtrack (2009, based on the work of the cartoonist Jerry Robinson), CokerOne (2000, based on the work of cartoonist Paul Coker Jr), Coker Two (2000) (note: therse fonts were erroneously named. They were renamed to Denney because of this: "The lettering in the fonts you have was developed by Alan Denney at Hallmark in the late 1950s. He also worked for American Greetings Hi Brows from 1960 - 1966 and then returned to Hallmark.... And he later went to a different lettering style when Shoe Box cards became Hallmark's funny card line replacing Contemporary Cards. Alan retired from Hallmark in 1993 and died two years later."), ZITZ (2000, based on the hand lettering in the King Features daily strip "Zits" by Jim Borgman and Jerry Scott), Ohmigosh (2007: 12 styles of comic book lettering).
- Dot matrix fonts: Fortuna Dot (2001).
- Pixel fonts: Larcher (based on a modular font designed by Jean Larcher).
- Medieval script fonts: Sonnet Italic&Swash (2009), Galathea (2000, based on a classic analog font of the same name, "Originalerzeugnis von J. S. Schelter&Giesecke, Leipzig").
- Fonts made in 2012: Humerus (Halloween font inspired by the opening credit sequence of Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein, 1948), Retrospace (inspired by the hand-lettered opening credits of the film Some Came Running (1958)), Toynbee Idea (free font based on Toynbee tiles), Hymn (scanbat).
- Fonts made in 2011: Institute Stamps (grunge), Magic Carpet, Shoemaker (shoe stitch face).
- Fonts made in 2010: Salmagundi (grunge), Dynamotor (like Dynamo, which was designed by K. Sommer and first released in 1930), Poignant (inspired by the hand-lettered film titles of certain mid-1900s films from Twentieth-Century Fox, including "All About Eve", "Gentleman's Agreement" and "No Way Out."), Pharmacy MMX (unicase), Karta (3d face), Flores MMX.
- Fonts made in 2009: Wexley (revival of a VGC font called Wexford), Sonnet (based on the printed text of Shakespeare, 1609), Fashion Brush, Fashion Script, Imitation One, Two, and Three, Generation B (all at Font Bros), Gainsborough (2009, an art deco face inspired by the hand-lettered titles of an Alfred Hitchcock film, The Lady Vanishes (1938)), Comfy (FontBros: inspired by an example of "Pinselschrift" (brush lettering) by Wilhelm Dechert), Sirena (FontBros: inspired by the hand-lettered opening titles of the film I Married a Witch).
- Fonts made in 2008: Alumino (inspired by Saul Bass's design for the aluminum company Alcoa), République (four fonts inspired by Paris Metro signs---not the familiar Art Nouveau "Metropolitain" signs, but the later Art Deco design by Adolphe Dervaux), Handbill (based on rubber stamps), Flash Mob, Pen Script Monograms, Royal Wedding (commercial set at Font Bros), 2 Clover Monograms, 4 Heart Monograms, Silverliner (based on the opening titles of the 1951 Hitchcock movie Strangers on a Train), Tricot (lettering as done on a sweater, after a design by Nancy Stahl), Silverliner (based on the opening titles of the 1951 Hitchcock movie Strangers on a Train), Tricot (lettering as done on a sweater, after a design by Nancy Stahl), Carbon Copy, Bracelet Mongrams.
- Fonts made in 2007: Aeolian, Pub Bites, Barril and Barril Doble (a digital interpretation of the 1970s Neufville font Barrio), Circle Monograms, XOXO (grunge), Safety Pin (inspired by the cover of the June 1946 Ladies Home Journal), Swizzle Script (a script based on Stylescript, 1940, Sol Hess: compare with Coronet and Trafton), New England (script), Madfont (after MAD magazine's logo), Quince (a brush version of Klumpp's Murray hill), Plumber's Gothic, Gamera.
- Fonts made in 2006: Humdinger (comic book lettering), Stella Dallas (a Koch Antiqua style face based on he hand-lettered titles of the film Stella Dallas), Foam Light, Mean 26 Sans, Mean 26 Serif, Gaudi, Lapis Lazuli (3 calligraphic fonts based on Dan X. Solo's Papyrus), Garden, Boston Line and Philadelphia Line (inspired by Boston Line Type, developed in the 1830s by Samuel Gridley Howe for use in raised-letter printing for the blind; the Philadelphia Line fonts were inspired by another raised-print font, this one developed by Julius Friedlander and adopted in 1837 by his Philadelphia school, now the Overbrook School for the Blind), Honeymoon (a script based on the Holiday Inn lettering), Blooper and Bloop Script (after Cooper Black and Brush Script), Roman monograms.
- Fonts made in 2005: Don Semiformal, Fabulous Prizes, Valentin (inspired by the work of Valentin Haüy, creator of the first books for the blind), Chelt Press (a grungy Cheltenham), National Debt, Pub Smooth (followed in 2007 by Pub Bites), Baronial Monograms, Vine Monograms, Thaleia (revival of Thalia), Harold's Monograms Bold, Blockograms, CarmenMonograms, Profiler, Goya, Jest, Chaser, Rebus (dingbats), Dilemma, The Birds, CVelestial Alphabet.
- Fonts made in 2004: Snowflake Monograms, Upbeat Demi, Pessima, White Birch, Artistamp, Entwined Monograms, Project, Dirty Finger, Koch Dingbats, Yard Sale, Shield Monograms, Gainsborough (inspired by the hand-lettered titles of the Alfred Hitchcock film "The Lady Vanishes", 1938), Jim Dandy (an interpretation of the 19th century face Jim Crow), Gaumont (based on the hand-lettered titles of the film The 39 Steps (1935), a Gaumont-British Picture, directed by Alfred Hitchcock), Imitation2, Sunset, Bend It, Pretz, Cantabile, Echo, Skidz, Columbia Stamp, Trudeau Sans (a companion of his architectural face Trudeau), Frank the Architect (2004, a Frank Ching-inspired face not unlike Tekton).
- Fonts made in 2003: Card Characters, Pieces, Harlequin, Hexagrams&Octograms, Popstars, Level, Peace, Collegiate Monograms, Bead Chain, Marquee.
- Fonts made in 2002: Level, Backhand Brush, Joggle, Script Monograms, Brickletter, Font Shui (oriental simulation), Heartland (for Valentine's day), Melodymaker (for music), Antiestablishment, Penmanship, RingTV, Cabaletta (now called Roosevelt), Graceful Ghost (caps based on an 18th century French design by Pouget&fils), the Ixat family (grunge fonts), PalimpsestBlack (grunge font), PalimpsestDark, PalimpsestLight, PalimpsestRegular, Pearlie, Repent (based on the work of American folk artist Jesse Howard), WillingRace (upper and lower case together).
- Fonts made in 2001: Carmen Caps, Crazy Harold (2001, based on a font of the same name, as illustrated in Paul E. Kennedy's "Modern Display Alphabets"; extended to 8 weights in 2006), Easter Parade (brush script), Famous Label (pen lettering), FLORES (based on a florist's sign in Valencia, Spain), FONT ERROR, Guadalupe (Mexican simulation face), GuadalupeDos, HMBlackDiamondThree, HMBlackDiamondTwo, HMBlackOvalThree, HMBlackOvalTwo, HMWhiteDiamondThree, HMWhiteDiamondTwo, HMWhiteOvalThree, HMWhiteOvalTwo, Handmedown, Hymn, KaffeehausNeon (based on Kaufmann), PubSmooth (a variant of the classic font Publicity Gothic), Roselyn (a script font based on a font in "Lettering and Alphabets" by John Albert Cavanagh), RubaiyatDoubleLine, RubaiyatEngraved, RubaiyatInline, RubaiyatOutline, RubaiyatShadow, RubaiyatSolid, SanitaryBoldCaps, SanitaryDemi, SanitaryRegular, Shazi, ShaziGhost, Subtext (grunge font).
- Fonts made in 2000: Arrobatherapy, Barbeque, Black Oval Monogram, Bruce Mikita (oriental simulation), Bruce Mikita2, Cantabile, CantabileAlternate, Celestial Alphabet, the Goya family (extrapolated from the logo of the GOYA food products company), King Harold (inspired by the lettering on the Bayeux Tapestry), KingXmas, KingXmasStars, KochQuadratFill, KochQuadrat, KochQuadratGuides, KochQuadratInline, KochQuadratOutlines, Koch Rivoli, Lab Rat, Law School (based on the architectural lettering at Albany Law School, Albany, NY, now named Trudeau, after a design by architect Robert Louis Trudeau), Milky Way (based on a style of hand lettering by Ross F. George included in 1930s Speedball lettering books), MilkyWayTwo (2001), Neurotoxin, Pharmacy, Punchhappy (holes in letters, influenced by Apostrophe's Toolego?), Punchhappy Shadow, Quarterround, Quarterround Tile (a kitchen tile font), RedCircle (based on the lettering on Eight O'Clock brand coffees), Ringpin, ScarletRibbons (inspired by a Speedball lettering book from the 30s by Ross F. George), Screwball (font in memory of Madeline Kahn), Solemnity (an uncial font modeled on the analog font SOLEMNIS by Günter Gerhard Lange, 1952), ThreePartySystemA, ThreePartySystemB, ThreePartySystemC, Vasarely (named in honor of Op artist Victor Vasarely; based on a modular font by Jean Larcher).
- Fonts made in 1999: BrideOfTheMonsterStencil, Bubble Gum Rock A and B (1999-2002), CheltPressDark, CheltPressDarkVariegated, CheltPressLigh, CheltPressLightVariegated, CheltPress, Esquivel, EsquivelEngraved, Fulton Artistamp, MADFONT, Smellvetica, SmellveticaOutline, Vedette Blanche (movie roll font), VedetteNoire.
- Fonts made in 1998: BrideOfTheMonster (caps and numbers are based on Rudolph Koch's Neuland), Cheapskate family, Dominican (coffee bean bag font), Landmark, OldeChicago (based on the Apple Chicago font), Ricecakes, SavingsBond extended in 2006 to National Debt, National Debt Hilite and National Debt 3D), StampAct, StampActJumbled, Thanksgiving, Virile Open, Virile Solid.
- Typefaces from 2011: Bingo Dingo (dingbats inspired by the classic Mexican board game, Lotería), ManuCrypt (blackletter), Waldorf Text (blackletter).
- Typefaces from 2012: Curator (a compact handwriting font), Seafare (circus style face), Hardline (op art prismatic style), London (inspired by London, Susan Kare's bitmap-style Olde English designed for Apple in the early 1980s. Variations include cross-stitch, harlequin (black and white diamonds), and shaded (diagonal lines)).
Link at Dafont. [Google]
[Dan M. Zadorozny]
Born in Philadelphia and a resident of Texas, Dan Zadorozny's creations at Iconian. He is a prolific type designer who specializes in techno and sci-fi typefaces. Dafont link. Fontsy link. Abstract Fonts link. Font Squirrel link. His fonts in alphabetical order:
- #44 font (2002), 00Starmap (2001, pixel font), 1st Cav (2008), 2-Tech, 2nd Amendment (2007, guns), 2nd Amendment 2050 (2009, more gun silhouettes), 2Toon, 300 Trojans (2008, comic book family), 4114 Blaster (2008, futuristic), 5th Agent (2008, techno), 7th Service (2002), 8th Element (2013), 911Porscha.
- Achilles, Action-Men (2008), Action Women (2008, female outlines), Aegis (2010, Greek simulation family), Aetherfox (20130, AirCobra (2002), Aircruiser (2011, trekkie family), AirForce (planes and copters), Airstrip One (2003), Aldo's Moon, Aldo's Nova, Alexis (2001), Alien League, Alpha Sentry, Alpha Taurus (2007, octagonal, athletic lettering), Amalgam, Americorps (2012), Anakefka (2009, ultra-fat family), Antikythera (2013, Greek simulation face), Antilles (2009, sans family), Argosy, Arilon (2008), Astropolis (2009), Atlantia (2012, futuristic), Avenger (2008, futuristic).
- Babes&Bond (2009, erotic silhouettes), Babe-alicious (2002, erotic outlines), Bad Robot (2007, computer game look), Bal-Astaral, Bamf (2011, techno family), Battlefield, Beam Rider, Beastian (2011), Ben Zion (2008, Hebrew simulation), Berserker (2008, grunge), Beta Biergärten (2008), Bio-disc, Bio-discSolid, Bio-discThin, Bionic Comic (2002), Bionic Type (2002), Birds of a Feather (2007, dingbats), Block, Blood Crow (2009), Bloodlust (2011, dripping blood face), Blue July (2009), Brin Athyn (2008, uncial/Celtric), Bronic (2004), Bummer (2007, octagonal), Bushido (2008, oriental simulation), Buttons the Bear (2008, children's hand), Byte Police.
- Capella (2011, a wide techno family), CasperComics, Chardin Doihle (2008), a useful informal handprinting family), Charlemagne, Charlie's-Angles, Cheyenne Hand (2008), Christendom, Clubber Lang (2013, grungy), C.O.D.E.R. (2012), Colossus (2011, old chipped stone look), ComicBookCommando, ComicFX, Commonwealth, Concielian, Corinthian, Covert Ops (2012, army stencil), Coyote Deco (2007, art deco), Crappity-Crap-Crap (2007), Crime Syndicate (2013), Crixus (2011, a squarish sans that includes an athletic lettering style), Cro-Magnum (2003), CryUncial, Cyberia (like Soviet: neat Russian imitation letters), Cyrus The Virus (2012, grungy, hand-printed).
- DS Man, Daedalus (2008), Daemonicus (2012), Dan Stargate (2008), Dan'sHand, Dark Horse (nice brush font), Darkwind, Dassault (2013), Delta Ray, Demon Priest (2013), Department-K, DepartmentH, Deranian (2008), Detonator, DiegoCon (2004), Ding-o-saurs (2007), Direktor (2008, Cyrillic simulation techno), Disco-Dork, Disco Deck (2005), Disco Duck, Dodger, Dotcom (2002), Drafting Board (2008), Drafting Table (2008), Dragon Order (oriental simulation), Drid Herder (2002), Droid-Lover (2008), Drosselmeyer (my favorite).
- Eagleclaw (2009), Eaglemania, Earthshake (2013), Earth's Mightiest (2002), Eco-files, Eldebaran (2012), Elder Magic (2009), Election Day (2009), Empire Crown (2011, blackletter), Enduro, Ensign Flandry, Ephesian (2007), Erin Go Bragh (2009, Celtic/uncial), EscapeArtist, Eternal Knight (2013), EverettSteele'sHand, Excelerate, Excelsior, Excelsior Comics, Exedore (2008), Exoplanet (2013, techno), Extechchop (2005).
- Factor, Falconhead, Famous Spaceships (2007), FantasticCreatures, Fantazian (2003), Fantom (2009, bad handwriting), Federal Service (2011), Federapolis (2008, octagonal techno face), Fedyral, Fedyral-II, Feldercarb (2003, octagonal font), Ferret Face (2013), Fiddler's Cove (2012), Fight Kid (2009), First Order (2001), Flesh Eating Comic (2013, grunge), Flight Corps (2008, techno/pixelish), FlyingLetaherneck (2002), Force Majeure, Free-Agent (2008), Freedom Fighter (2013, stencil), FunnyPages, Futurex Grunge (2005).
- Galant, Galaxy-1 (2008), Galaxy Far Far Away (2009, futuristic dingbat font), Galga (2008, futuristic), Gamma Sentry, Gemina (2011, sci-fi / techno family), Gemina2 (2013), Generation Nth, GeoBats (2007), GI Incognito (2012), Goalie (2008, hockey mask alphading), Gods of War, Governor, Graymalkin (2011, trekky), Grease Gun (2012), Grendel's Mother, Grim Ghost (2013), Grimlord (2009), Guardian (2008), Guardian-Laser (2008), Guardian-Pro (2008), Guardian-Shadow (2008), Gunship, Gunship V2 (2002), Gyrfalcon.
- Hadriatic (2008, roman lettering), Hall of Heroes (2007), Halo, Han Solo, Harrier (2002), Hawkmoon (2011), Hello Copters (2013: helicopter dingbats), Heorot (2009, stone age fonts), Heroes Assemble (2011), Highrise Heaven (2007, city skyline dingbats), Holy Empire, Homemade-Robot, Homeworld (2003), Homeworld Translator (2003), Hulkbusters, Hypno Agent.
- ICebox Art (2012), IWantMyTTR!, Iconian (2002), Iconified, Illuminati, Imaginary Forces (2008, mythical dingbats), Imperial Code (2003, Startrek style face), Imperium, Incubus, Incubus-Italic (2008), Incubus-Shadow (2008), Infinity Formula (2003, super techno), Infobubble, Interceptor (2008), Interdiction (2012), International Super Hero (2002), Intrepid, Iron-Cobra (2008), Iron Forge (2012).
- Jackson, Jannisaries, Jedi Special Forces (2012), Jerusalem (1999, Hebrew font simulation)[see also here], Jetta, JettaTech, Jetway (2012, a stencil face), Johnny Torch (2012), Judge, Judge Hard, Justice (2009), Jumptroops (2003), Justinian.
- Kahless, KameraDings (2009), KarateChop (2009), Kartoons (2008), Katana, Keystone (pixel font), Khazad-Dum (2011), Kid Cobalt (2008, comic book face), Kinex, King Commando (2011), King's Ransom, KnightsTemplar, Knock Furious (2003, dingbats), Kobold (2008, futuristic), Kondor (2013), Kountry Kodes (2008, international license plate lettering), Kovacs-Spot, Kovacs, Kreeture (2002), Kubrick (2008).
- Lamprey (2012, techno family), LandShark (2001), LandWhale (2001), Laredo Trail (2013, a Western face), Laserian, Law and Order (2005, dingbats), League Wars (2013, sci-fi stencil), LegalTender, Legion, Lightsider (2011, Star Trekkish family), Lincoln Lode, Lionel (2009), Low Gun Screen (2008, a totally square screen type family), Lincoln Chain, Lionheart, Lobo-Tommy (2008), Lord of the Sith, Loveladies, Low Gun Screen (2008, screen face).
- Machiavelli, Mad Marker, Magic Beans (2007), Marathon-II, Marathon, Masked Marvel (2002), Masterdom (2004), Metal Storm 3D (2008), Metronauts (2013), Metroplex, MetroplexLaser, MetroplexShadow, Michaelmas, Micronian (2009, pixelish headline family), Milk Bar (2003), Micronian (2008, extensive pixel-based family), Military-RPG (2008), Missile Man (2002, futuristic), Miss Amanda Jones (2004, brush style), Mobile Infantry, Monsterama (2011, scary face), Moon Dart (2008), Morse Kode, MorseNK, Movie Gallery (2008, dingbats), Mystic Singler (2008, rough brush face).
- Nathan Brazil (2013, art deco), National Express (2003), Native Alien, Nemesis Enforcer` (2013), Neo-Geo (like the letters on the Neon cars), Neuralnomicon, Nick Turbo (2001), NifeFite, NifeFiter, NifeFites, Nightrunner (2008, sci-fi), Nightwraith (2011, techno family), Ninjas (2002), NoloContendre, Nostromo, Nuevo Passion (2013), Nyet (2002, Soviet letter simulation).
- Oberon, Oberon-Deux, Obsidiscs (2003, dingbats), Odinson (2007, runes), Olympicons (2003), Omega 3 (2010, futuristic), Omega Sentry, OmniGirl (2003, techno), Opilio (2012), Opus Magnus (2013, metal band font), Oramac (2004), Outlands-Truetype (2001), Outrider (2013), Ozda (2011, a fat techno family with several horizontally striped styles), Ozymandias.
- Psyonic VII (2012), Pandemonious Puffery (2002), Parker's Hand (2002, handwriting), Perdition, Peregrine, Phaser Bank (2008, techno), Philadelphia, Philly Dings (2003), Piper Pie (2007), Pistoleer (2011), Planet N, Planet S, Planet X, Player 1 Up (2012: architectural family), Police Cruiser (2013), Postmaster, Power Lord (2011), Presley-Press (2007; + Presley-Press-3D, Presley-Press-Bold, Presley-Press-CondItal, Presley-Press-Condensed, Presley-Press-ExtraBold, Presley-Press-ExtraBold-Ital, Presley-Press-Italic), Press Darling (2012), Procyon, Prokofiev (2009, rounded and squarish), Promethean (2008), Protoplasm, Pseudo Saudi (1999, Arabic simulation), PuffAngel, Pulse Rifle (2009), Pyrabet.
- QTs (2013: erotic silhouettes), Quake-&-Shake, Quartermain (2002), Quasitron (2009, futuristic), Quatl (2002, an Inca font), Queen&Country (2009), Quest Knight (2009), Questlok, Quicken (2013, horizontal stencil), QuickGear, Quickmark (2004), QuickQuick, QuickStrike, QuickTech.
- RCMP, RadZad, Radio-Space, Raise Your Flag (2013), Realpolitik, Rebecca, Rebel Command (2012, Star Trek family), Redcoat (2008, blackletter), Red Rocket (2011, techno), Regulators, Replicant, Repulsor (2013, pixelish), Rhalina (2011, a nice upright script), Righteous Kill (2009), Robotaur (2008), Rocket Junk, Rocket Type (2002), Rogue-Hero, Roid Rage (2003), Ro'Ki'Kier (2008), Rosicrucian (2009, stone age font), Rubber Boy (2013, poster font family).
- Sable Lion (2002), Sagan (2008, futuristic), Scarab, ScarabScript, Sci-Fi (2008), SDF (2013), Sea-Dog, Searider-Falcon (2008), Secret Files (2011), Sever, Shining Herald (2013), SisterEurope, Snubfighter (2009, sci-fi), Soldier (2011), Sound FX (2003), Soviet, Space Cruiser, Space Junker, SPQR (2008, grunge roman), Spy Agency (2012), Spy Lord (2001), Starduster (2011), Starfighter, Star Navy (2009: dingbats), Strikelord (2011, trekkie family), Stuntman, Subadai Baan (2013), SuperUltra911, Superago (2002).
- Talkies (2008, dingbats), Taskforce (2008), Tauro (2012), Tele-Marines, Terra Firma, Texas, Texas2, TheRifleman, The Shire (2009), The Shooter (2012: gun dingbats), Thundergod, Thundergod II (2013), Thunder-Hawk (2011, an aviation techno face), Timberwolf (2011), Time Warriors (2007), Tool (2012, dingbats of tools), Toon Town Industrial (2005, comic book font), Tracer, Trajia (2008, a techno/stencil/athletic lettering family), Traveler (2008), Travelicons (2009), Travesty (2003, scrawly handwriting), Trek Trooper (2008, Startrek font), Trigger Man (2013, octagonal and mechanical), Trireme (2011, Star trek family), Tristram (2008, uncial), Troopers (2011, futuristic), Trueheart (2009, Celtic), Tussle (2002), Typeecanoe (hand-printed).
- Uberholme, Uberholme Lazar (2001), UFO Hunter (2009), Ultra 911, Ultramarines (2013), Unisol, UniversalJack, Uno Estado (2009, constructivist), U.S.A., USArmy, US Army II (2013), US Marshal (2012), US Navy (2007), U.S.S. Dallas (2008), Usuzi.
- Valerius (2009, uncial), Valkyrie (2008), Valley Forge (2008), Vampire Games (2001), VariShapes (2001), VideoStar, Vigilante Notes (2003), Vilmos Magyar, Vindicator (2012, techno), voxBOX, Voortrekker Pro (2009: octagonal and athletic lettering family), Vorpal (2012: sci-fi stencil face), Vyper (2008, futuristic stencil).
- War Eagle (2009), War Machine, War Priest (2012), Warrior Nation (2011), Wars of Asgard (2009), Watchtower (2012), Weaponeer (2008, military lettering), Were-Beast (2008), Wet Works (2013, grungy stencil), Whatafont, Ensign Flandry (2003), Whiskey Bravo (2003), Wildcard (2011, Star trek family), Wimp Out (2004), Wolf's Bane, Woodgod (2013), Worldnet (great wordly O), Write Off, Writer's-Block, WyldStallyns.
- Xaphan (2003), XCryption (1999, a hacker face), XPED, Xcelsion (2002), Xenophobia, Xephyr, Xeppelin (2005, zeppelin dingbats), X-Grid (2008), Xiphos (2007), Xoxoxa, X-Racer (2012).
- Yahren, Yama Moto (2009: oriental simulation), Yankee Clipper (2011), Year 2000, Year3000 (2001), Yellow Jacket (2002), Yiroglyphics (2004), Yorstat (oriental simulation), Youngtechs (2008, futuristic), Yukon Tech.
- Za's Vid (2001, pixel font), Zado (2002, dot-matrix font), Zakenstein (2011, caps only grunge), Zamboni Joe (2002, hand-printed)), Zealot (2008), Zee Lance, Zen Masters (2002, pixelish), Zeta Sentry (2009, techno/futuristic), Zollern (2013), Zombie Control (2013: a bloody paint drip face), Zone Rider, Zoologic (2009, animal dingbats), Zyborgs, Zymbols.
Design company in Brazil run by Paulo W (b. 1970) from Recife. Paulo W is a gaúcho (Brazilian southerner), with interests in multiple areas, including poetry (he has published the digital opus Magical Book), graphic design and, most recently, type design.
Dafont link. MyFonts. MyFonts link. Abstract Fonts link. YWFT link. Behance link. Blog. Home page. Fonthaus. Monotype. Eshops. Facebook. Flickr. Klingspor link. Wordpress. Devian tart. T26. Linkedin. Identifont. Linotype. ITC. Faces.co. His typefaces:
- Free fonts: CornPop Three (borders), Too Good To Be True (2013, retro script), Blanchard Inland (2013), Living Together (2013), Arresto (2013, brush script), Hertziano (2013, non-connected fat script), Japanese Tourist (2013), Nouveau Never Dies Free (2013), The Beat Goes On (2012, fifties script), Stencix (2012), Figgins Brute Trash (grunge), Fontaniolo Beveled (2011, ornamental caps), Czech Gotika (2011), Random Dingbats (2011), Victorian Free Ornaments (2011), Rustic (2011), Armorial (2011), Woman Silhouettes (2011), The Nile Song (2010, hieroglyphics), Smith Typewriter (2009), Sign Flags (2010, semaphore dingbats), Senectus Morbus (2010), MesoAmerica (2010, Indian symbols), ClassicSketches (2010, dingbats), Columns (2010, dingbats of Greek and Roman columns), EasyCuneiform (2010), EasyLombardicTwo (2010), EasyOpenFace (2010, blackboard bold style), Egidia (2010), Significante (2010, dingbats with, e.g., gender symbols), WhiteDominoes (2010, domino pieces), Easy Heraldics (2010), Intellecta Heraldics (2010), Heraldic Devices (2011), KidingsFree (2010, dingbats), RoughTuscan (2010), The French (2009, Fleur de Lys dings), AprendizCaligrafico (2010), Volitiva (2006, Trajan caps and chancery lower case, all based on work by Ludovico Vicentino Arrighi), Gaivota (2006), KurrentKupferstichThin (2006), PaulKlein (2010), PaulKleinTwo (2010), PortuguesArcaicoLectura (2005), ReproxScript (2009, based on Jerry Mullen's Repro Script from 1953-1954), RickGearyHomage (2007, scanbats), WestBalaio (2006, ornamental caps), Corto Maltese (2006, scanbats), Renaissance Coiffure (2006), Renaissance Ornaments (2007), Renaissance Shoes (2012, free), TTF Tattoef (2006, tattoo-inspired dingbats), ExperiTypo5 (2006), Lower Metal (2006), Geometric Serif PW (2006), Geometric (2006), Geometric Petras PW (2006), War II Warplanes (2005), Carbono (2005), Times New Vespasian (2005), BoldBold (2005), Vengeance (2005), Doppleganger (2005), Chancelaresca (2005), Cursivo Saxonio (2005), Gotische Minuskel 1269 (2005: a Kanzlei Schrift after Dekan Hermann zu Soest, 1269) and Guto Lacaz (2005, dingbats).
- Richard Gans revival project: Gans Tipo Adorno, Gans Lath Modern, Gans Titular Adornada (2006), Gans Ibarra (2006), Gans Antigua (2006), Gans Antigua Manuscrito (2006), Gans Radio Lumina (2006), Gans Fulgor (2006), Gans Carmem Adornada (2006), Gans Italiana (2006, extensive Italian-style slab serif family), Gans Titania (2007), Gans Titania Adornada (2007), Gans Titular (2007), Gans Gotico Globo (2007: 9 styles by Iza W), Gans Royality (2007: 3 styles by Iza W), Gans Headpieces (2008), Gans Rasgos Escritura (2010: filets---followed in 2011 by Rasgos Escritura Nuevos), Gan Esquinazos (2010, frames), Gans Blasones (2010, shields), Gans Neoclassic Fleurons (2008), Gans Classical Fleurons, Gans Ding.
- Wood-inspired faces: Dead Wood Rustic (2007), Taranatiritza (5 wood type styles, after William Hamilton Page), Majestade (2007, by Iza W---two Tuscan style faces), Decorative Tuscanian (2007), Concave Tuscan (2010, wood type), Palermo (2007, by Iza W---Tuscan style family), Teatro (2009, Tuscan), Bruce Double Pica (2009, Tuscan; the Beveled weight is free), Antique Extended (2010, slab serif wood type), Dark Wood (2009, gothic), Dark Wood Beveled (2011).
- Charles Bluemlein's script revivals: Bluelmin Kisaburo (2013), Bluelmin Ralph (2012), Bluelmin Ronald (2012), Bluelmin Sandsfort (2012) and Bluelmin Benedict (2012). (2012).
- Blackletter: Salterio (2012, +Trash, +Three, +Gradient, +Shadow, +Shadow Two), Leothric (2011, bastarda), Bruce 532 Blackletter (2011, after George Bruce), Schneider Buch Deutsch (2007, +Trash, +Shadowi, +Shadow Two), Schneidler halb fette Deutsch (2009, +Beveled), Schneidler Zierbuchstaben, Hostetler Fette Ultfraktur Ornamental (2007, blackletter caps), Gothic 16 CG (2007), Gothic 16 CG Decorative (2007, blackletter caps), Schneidler Grobe Gotisch (2008, Iza W, T-26), Allerlei Zierat (2008, ornament fonts based on a 1902 catalog of Schelter & Giesecke), Allerlei Zierat Capitals (2007), Psalter Gotisch (2009, a blackletter after the Benjamin Krebs blackletter face by the same name, ca. 1890), Münster-Gotische (2009, a blackletter family after a 1896 face by the same created by Schelter&Giesecke), Koberger N24 Schwabacher (2007), Student's Alphabet (2007, blackletter), Like Gutemberg Caps (2007), Nürnberg Schwabacher, Gotische Frame (2007: four framed blackletter styles by Iza W), Gotische (2007: ten ornate blackletter styles by Iza W), Gothic Garbage, Gothic Shadow, Gothic Trashed, Gothic Flourish (2009), Gotica Moderna (octagonal, blackletter), AltDeutsch (2007, four severe blackletter fonts by Iza W), Fin Fraktur, Gotische Bouffard, Heimat RGS, Gothic Handtooled Bastarda (2006), HostetlerFetteUltfrakturOrnamental (2007, blackletter caps), Gothic Handtooled Bastarda (2006).
- Historical revivals: Pantographia (2010: a digitization, as is, of several alphabets from Edmund Fry's Pantographia, 1799), Caslon2000, Caslon B, Delamotte Large Relief (2010), Figgins Brute (2007: 8 heavy Egyptian styles by Iza W based on Figgins' 1817 specimen book), Erased Figgins Brute (2007), Gras Vibert (2007, a didone family; followed by Gras Vibert Two in 2009).
- Erotic or human alphabets: American Way of Life (2011), oman Silhouettes (2011), Silvestre Weygel (2007, named after Martin Weygel'a erotic alphabet from 1560, which in turn was based on Peter Flötner's 1534 alphabet), Gravure (caps face made of human silhouettes), Innocence (2007, dingbats of girls).
- Medieval chancery hand: Portugues Arcaico (2005, three medieval handwriting styles), Kurrent Kupfertisch (2006, a medieval hand done with Fernanda Salmona), Dovtrina Christam 1622 (authentic old manuscript face), Catania (2007, exquisite medieval caps in 3 styles by Iza W).
- Typewriter faces: Remix Typewriter (2012), Smith Trash (2012), Neo Bulletin (2010, +Trash), Remington PW (old typewriter face), Olivetti Linea (old typewriter face), Erased Typewriter 2 (2007: 4 styles by Paulo W), RIP Typewriter (2009), Shadow Typewriter (2007), Underwood Typewriter (by Iza W).
- Calligraphic: Bradstone Parker Script (after Zaner's penmanship), Jan van den Velde Script (2011, based on the penmanship of Jan van den Velde as illustrated in vna den Velde's 1605 book Spieghel der schrijfkonste; developed jointly by Paulo and Iza W), Penabico (2010, with Iza W); Penabico is a free interpretation of the copperplate script styles to be found in the Universal Penman, London, 1741, by George Bickham---it contains over 1500 calligraphic glyphs and 250 ornaments. Samples of Penabico: i, ii, iii, iv, v, vi, vii, viii, ix), Easy Calig, Intellecta Mixed Script (2008), Spencerian Constancia (2008), Calligraphia Latina Soft4 (2010, quilled ornaments), Intellecta Script commercial (2009), Spencerian By Product (2009), Spencerian Palmer Penmanship Pro (2010), Indenture English Penman (2010), Calligraphia Latina (2008-2010, in weights called Soft2, Dense, 3, Soft4, Mixed, Square Edition).
- Victorian, Edwardian: Engel (2007, by Iza W in 15 styles that have a 1870s look), Compendium (Victorian), Costado (2009, a Victorian / Western face).
- Ornamental caps: Doppel Mittel Lapidar Azure (2012), Musirte Antiqua (2012), The House of Usher (2012), Peterlon (2012), Dolphus Mieg Alphabet (2011, +Two), Dolphus Mieg Monograms (2011), Human Nature (2011), English Arabesque Revival 1900 (2011), Imprenta Royal Nonpareil (2011), XVI Century Shaw Woodcuts (2011), Ichweis Caps (2011), Cherubim Caps (2011), Rara Beleza (2011), Gothic 1880 Revival (2011), Angelicaps (2010), Unnamed Caps Two (2010), VertiCaps (2010) Rebimboca Caps (2010), Rebimboca Beveled (2012, free), Rebimboca Gradient (2012, free), Rebimboca Trash (2012, free), Rebimboca Outlined (2012, free), Republica Presente (2010), Speedball Metropolitan Caps (2010, after a design by Ross F. George), Nice Initials (2010), Morphelic (2010), DurerGotischCapitals (2010), Egmontian (2007, ornamental caps family), Saducismus Triumphatus (ornamental caps), Vogus (Victorian caps), Victorian Ornamental Capitals (2009) and Frompac 1889 Arabesque (2007) [both are classical arabesques published in Ludwig Petzendorfer's Schriften-Atlas. Eine Sammlung der wichtigsten Schreib- und Druckschriften aus alter und neuer Zeit nebst Initialen, Monogrammen, Mappen, Landeskarten und heraldischen Motiven fur die praktischen Zwecke des Kunstgewerbes, 1889], Lettrines Petin (+Ornée), Numa Initials (2006), Gradl Initialen, Vampirevich (2009, ornamental caps), Paulus Franck 1602 (2006, ornate caps), Geodec (2006, baroque caps), HostetlerFetteUltfrakturOrnamental (2007, blackletter caps), Cadels (2007, ornate caps by Iza W), Manuscript XIV Century (2007, by Iza W--four Lombardic caps), Merona (2007, by Iza W--ten Lombardic caps fonts), Selena (2007, by Iza W---ornate Victorian caps), Leyenda (great Victorian era ornamental caps), Mixed Capital Style (2007, caps), Lenda (2008, capitals), Kidnaped at Old Times (2008, ornamental caps, ransom note style), Mortised Capitals, Is Not ABrazilian Font (handprinted blackboard bold caps), Robur The Conqueror (2009, ornamental caps), Georgia Capitals (2009), Decadence avec Elegance (exaggerated ornamental caps).
- The American Advertise series: American Advertise No. 9 (2008), American Advertise No. 17 (2007, 19th century caps), American Advertise 018 and 019 (2008), American Advertise Square Series (2007), American Advertise 003 (2012), American Advertise 004 (2010), American Advertise 005 (2010), American Advertise 006 (2010, alphadings), American Advertise 007 (2010, ornamental caps).
- Ornaments, fleurons: Unpublished Ornaments Two (2013), Classix (2012), Cornucopia of dingbats (2012, +Two, +Three, +Four, +Five), Cornucopia of Ornaments (2013), Cornucopia Caligrafica (2012), Vintage Hands (2012), Human Silhouettes (2012), Easy Fleurons (2012), Floreale Two (2012), Neoclassic Fleurons Free (2011), Calligraphic Frames Soft (2011, +Two), Jugendstil Flowers Free (2011), Easy Ornaments (2011), Blasons (2011), Blasons Free (2012), Armorial (2011), Monograms Soft (2010, with Iza W), Easy Tiles (2010), Free Tiles (2010), Rough Fleurons Two (2010), Vegetable Breath (2010), Corn Pop Plus (2010), Mortised Fleurons (2010), Mortised Ornaments (2011), Mortised Ornaments Free Two (2013), Golden Times (2010), Stahlhelme und Kronen (2010), Rough Fleurons (2006), Nouveau Never Dies (2009, ornaments), GeodecBruceOrnamented6 (2006, after a sample from the Bruce Type Foundry), Grave Ornamental (2006), BlackOrnaments (2008), Hera Hedelix (2009, ornamental tiles), Mortised Ornaments (2009), Soft Fleurons (2007), Half Flower (2007), Frames 1 (2007, by Iza W), Flower Essences, Micro Fleurons (2009), Naturella (2009, leaf and grape dingbats by Iza W), Black Fleurons (2010), Easy Fleurons Two (2011), Intellecta Borders (2008, by Iza W), Intellecta Style (2007, borders).
- Fonts made before 2007: Bad Situation (2007, after a design by Freeman Delamotte from 1864), Benjamin Franklin (2007), Geodec Petras Enhanced (2006), Deutsche Poster (2006), FatFontGrotesk (2006), Orchis (2006, an art deco family by Iza W), Fantis (2006), Frompac (2006, with Iza W), Geodec Fog (2006), Intellecta Modern (2006), Intellecta Modern 2 (2006), Intellecta Romana Humanistica (2006), Advantage (2006, together with Iza W), Biza (2006, together with Iza W), Elegancy (2006, together with Iza W), Estiliza (2006, a sans family together with Iza W), Experitypo 4, Stairway to Heaven, Copperplate PW, Dings PW, Roger Dean, Gliphs PW, Luxeuil, Watchtower Bible 1965, Gabinete Portugues (11 fonts), Elara (2009), Xilografuras (dingbats), Beta, Alta, Paleolitica Nacional, Shakespeare Studs, Copperplate collection (5 fonts), Wine, Ampersamp, James Poem, Leal Conselheiro, Haeckel Enygma, Iza B, Of, Lementa (2006, ornate family), Pirates (dingbats), Wire Clip (2009), Divina Proportione (2009, dingbats), Tharagaverung (2007), Correo (2009, a nice manly bold face), Titivilus (2007, Roman lettering), Pirates De Luxe (2007, dingbats), Geodec Minuskel (2006), Geodec Spyral (2006), Copperplate Decorative (2006), Feosa (2006), Francesco Decorative (2006, Iza W), Geodec Petras Enhanced (2006), Ibarra Flourished (2006), Intellecta Decorative 017 (2006), Intellecta Decorative 018 (2006), Intellecta Slab Bold (2006), Kansas Decorative (2006), Pingente (2006), Sixties Living (2006), Caractere Doublet (2007), DeutschePosterSteinschrift (2007; by Iza W), GP Casual Script (2007), Colonia Portuguesa (2007), Contouration (2007), Deco Experiment 3 (2007), Floresco (2007), Flower Jars (2007, by Iza W---a very nice idea), Frutisis (2007), Intellecta Monograms (2007: 19 monogram fonts by Paulo W), Intellecta Monograms Random Sample (2012), Peloponeso (2007, by Iza W), Porcupine (2007, by Iza W), Southern Flight (2007, by Iza W---condensed), TTF TTTOEF 4 (2007, by Iza W---dingbats), GeodecBruceFlourished, HostetlerNormande, Victorian Ultra Parphernalia (2007), Angels (2007), Angels Free (2013), Mondrongo (2007), Oorlog (2007).
- Fonts in 2008: Das Riese (3d engraved caps, +Shadow), Economica (sans, T26), Antiqua Double 12, Bad Baltimore (+Beveled, +Typewriter), Calligraphia Latina (2008-2009, in weights called Soft2, Dense, 3, Mixed, Square Edition, Free), Fry's Alphabet, Grissom (bug dingbats, by Iza W), Latinish (by Iza W), Lettering Deco (by Iza W), Litho Romana Inland, Quadratta Serif (a slab serif by Fernando Diaz), TTF TATTOEF 7 (by Iza W).
- Fonts made in 2009: Eingraviert (engraved; scans: i, ii, iii), Eingraviert Beveled (2011), Greko Roman Oldstyle, Ortodoxa do oriente, Sans Square, Speedball (by Iza W, Victorian style), Speedball Western Letters (after Ross F. George's lettering), Elara (2009), Intellecta Roman Tall, Force Brute & Ignorance, Sunamy Caps, Starret, The Pilgrim (alphadings), Renaisperian (alphadings), Real Caps Two, Mateus Bold (4 bold styles), Intellecta Crafts (arts and crafts family), Bruce 1490, Bradley Dingies (five dingbat faces, after William H. Bradley), Allerlei Zierat Renaissance, Grave Plus, the grungy Monkey series (Victorian Monkey, Monkey Poesy, Monkey Messed Gutenberg Caps, Monkey Was Here, Monkey Insinuation, Monkey In The Middle Ages), Montezuma (dingbats), Grotesque and Arabesque, Calhambeque (old car dingbats), Eiger (2009, a 3d sketched headline face).
- Faces made in 2010: Polen, Pencraft (capitals were inspired in Swagger Capitals, an original design from Carl Stephen Junge, at Barnhart Brothers & Spindler; lowercase based Pencraft Specials, an ornamental variation of the Pencraft Oldstyle series, as displayed in the BBS catalog from 1922), Salamemingoe (children's hand), BarberPoles, Beware the neighbors (scary), BlackInitialText, CaligrafiaDivina, CornPop, CowboyHippie Pro, Grotesca3-D, Nardis, Senzacuore, Speedball Metropolitan Poster (2010, after a design by Ross F. George), TagWood, Tosca, TypographyTribute, Zooland, Bubbleboddy-Fat, bubbleboddylight-Light, Pretoria Gross (a Victorian family done with Iza W), Wood Font Five, Wood Font Four, Herr Foch (art nouveau), Rebimboca, Octagon French (a 3d beveled face due to George Nesbitt, 1838), Picuxuxo (retro futuristic, comic book style), Large Old English Riband, Ornamental Riband, Kidings (Dutch dingbats), Hostil (originally done in 2007: a headline family; followed by Hostil Shadow Two (free, 2012) and Hostil Gradient (free, 2012)), Grotesca, Heptagon French, Antiquariaat (condensed), Cortinado, Sanoxio (3d headline face), Violentia (grunge), Swirlies (spiral dings).
- Faces from 2011: Dia de los Muertos (fantastic skeletal masks), Inland Becker, Rasgos Escritura Nuevos, Jaggard Two, Naive Ornaments Black, Augustus (+Beveled: roman letters), Sayonara (oriental simulation face; the Beveled style is free), Trash Barusa (inline ornamental face), Free Ribbons, Black Ornaments Three, Calligraphia Latina Soft 5, Heraldic Devices Premium, Ornate Blackboards, Benjamin Franklin Beveled, Baltimore Typewriter Beveled, Bernardo Beveled, Van den Velde Script (a free interpretation of the work of the famous master penman Jan van den Velde, found in the Spieghel der schrijfkonste, in den welcken ghesien worden veelderhande gheschrifften met hare fondementen ende onderrichtinghe (Haarlen, 1605)), Indenture English Penmanship, Penmanship Birds and Ornaments (2012), Beware The Neighboors Shadow (texture face), White Free (shadow face), Delamotte Large Relief Beveled.
- Typefaces made in 2012: Porosa, Presto, Derradeira (signage script), About Sweet Memories (brush script), Intellecta Ribbons, Irrelevante (beveled caps), Laus Sus Chris (Christian dingbats), Unpublished Ornaments, Heavy Squared Writing (brush face), Mezcla Titan, Sweet About (retro script), Publicité, Hard to read monograms, Free Medieval, Doctor Polidori (initial caps), Mixed Silhouettes, Glosilla Castellana Cursiva (inline type family), Sayonax (a textured version of the oriental simulation typeface Sayonara), Wood Stevens (free), Rockabilly (fifties script), Interdite Script (heavy calligraphic face), Prismatica (free), Cristlid (free prismatic face), Zed Leppelin (free), Neo Bulletin Outline (free), Victorian Free Ornaments, Spanish Army Shields (+Two), Varius Multiplex, Stephens Heavy Writing.
- Typefaces from 2013: Corn Pop Two (ornamental corners), Astrodings, Vulnavia Sans (comic book face), Capitular Heraldica, Mirella Initials Ornamntals (a swashy calligraphic script; with Iza W), Carpete (retro script), Free Writer, Round Hand, Exclusivite (fifties script), Hertz Oscillations (fat retro script), Heavy Rock (fifties script), Raindrops (retro script), Ralph Walker (ronde), Exiles (retro signage script), Mr. Richmond Caps (art nouveau alphadings), Berengard Caps Two.
Jonathan Stephen Harris
[Tattoo Woo (or: Smokewire)]
Maniackers Design (or: MKS)
About 150 free original fonts by Masayuki Sato (from Futaba, Japan), over half of them pixel fonts. For most fonts, he has a Latin alphabet (denoted by AL) and a katakana alphabet (denoted by KT). Some also have a hiragana version (denoted by HR). All fonts were made between 1998 and 2009.
Abstractfonts link. Fontspace link. Artistic rendering of a kanji character. [Google]
- By Masayuki Sato&Tsuyoshi Nagae: Merumo-AL, KT, PonyPony-AL, KT, HR, Topo-AL, TM Extended-AL / 2Type, MinnanoUta-AL, KT, HR, Seele-AL / 2Type, Robin-AL, Peco-AL, KT, Honey-AL, Blur-AL.
- By Masayuki Sato&Eri Nagae: Stitch-AL.
- By Masayuki Sato&T. Waka: Chihuahua-AL, KT, HR / 3Type.
- By Masayuki Sato&Mami Kobayashi: Alphabet Man, Detroit Type City-AL, Foood-AL, KT, Pokupoku-AL, KT, HR, Ball2-AL, Box2-AL, Button2-AL, Xtal-AL, KT, HR, Ikaho-AL, KT, MD Radiogram-KT, HR, Nepon-AL.
- By Mami Kobayashi: Ikaho-HR, TypeCantabile-KT, Kotodama-KT, Sandy-AL / 2Type, Yonimofushigina-AL, KT, Cloooud-AL, Yonimofushigina-HR, Timber-AL,KT, HR, Sunday-AL / 3Weight, Hyonnakotokara-AL, KT, HR.
- By Eiji Sunaga: Tanrei 2.0-KT.
- By Junya Yamada (Channel 67): Drip-KT, Bobo-AL.
- By Masayuki Sato&Junya Yamada: Maniac 2-AL, KT.
- By Atsushi Moda: Angle.
- By Shinji Naka: Typobokan katakana (at least, the graphics of this comic book style font were by Shinji Naka).
- By Masakazu Fukushima: Lucha-doll mask (a fantastic mask dingbat font).
- By Atsuko Onozato: Pazool.
- By Malte Haust of Bionic Systems: DorisOrange.
- By André Nossek: Collage Rmx-AL, Hard Rmx-AL.
- By Masayuki Sato&Hiroko Takiguchi: Holiday Bitmap14-AL, Holiday Ultra-AL, KT, HR, Holiday Bold-AL, KT, HR, Holiday-AL, KT, HR, Holiday-illust, Holiday Tategaki-KT, HR, Holiday-MDJP03 / 2Byte, Holiday-MDJP02, Ribbontic 2.0-AL.
- By Masayuki Sato and Masashi Kato: Pico (2009, rounded comic book style).
- By Masashi Kato&Mayucco: Yakitori-AL, KT, HR / 2Byte.
- By Masayuki Sato&Ryo Asoda: Wallpainting-AL, Cosmic-AL, Bellows-AL, KT.
- By Masayuki Sato&Kaori Inada: Sennin-AL.
- By Masayuki Sato&Shizuka Yamazaki: SwingingBird-AL, KT, HR.
- By Masayuki Sato&Junichi Omi: Omiyage-AL, KT, HR.
- By Masayuki Sato&Rollingcradle: Poranger-AL, Lucha doll-mask.
- By Masayuki Sato&Omnikono: Gt informat-AL, KT.
- By Masayuki Sato: Donki-KT (2010), Cherry-Cherry KT (2010), 239 Schablone-AL (2010), RBIO-AL (2010), FSB08 Klang-AL (2010), 224 MKSD-AL (2010), 223 MKSD-AL (2010), 235MKSD (2009, thin octagonal), Nepon-KT, Nepon-HR, Monday-AL / 3Type, Childish-AL, KT, HR, Volt-AL, KT, HR, Gavadon Ultra-KT, Building 2-AL, KT, Gachapon 2-KT, CinemaMa-AL, KT, HR, Skinny-AL, Magatama-AL, Astro 3.0-AL, KT, 160MKSD-AL, KT, TypoBokan-KT (3DCG), Lunch-KT, HR, Partner-AL / 3Type, Pico Super Ultra Bold-AL, 096MKSD-Synapse-AL, Millennium 5lines-AL, Tekuteku Round-AL, Warp-AL, Cherry Cherry-KT, Donki-KT, 078MKSD Medium Con-AL, Poco-AL, Temporary Extra-AL, 071MKSD Medium-AL, KT, 071MKSD Bold-AL, KT, Paco-AL, Collage-AL, Zerozero Nine-AL, KT, HR, Finger Five-AL, Electronica Nine-AL, Drifter Five-AL, Ultra Seven-AL / 3Type, Thaitype Ten-Thai, AL, KT, Gogo Five 2.0-AL, System Seven-AL / 7Type, 201MKSD-AL / 4Type, Fluorescent-AL / 2Type, FSB07 Astra-AL, KT, HR / 4Type, Nihonbashi 2.0-AL, KT, 176MKSD-AL, Continue-AL, Spaghettini-AL / 3Type, Pinponpan2, 3, 4-HR / 3Type, Pico-AL / 2Type, Kokecco2-KT, Charakyoro-AL, Coppepan-AL, KT, HR, Sardinen-KT, HR, Hachipochi Eight-AL, KT, Janis Heavy-AL, Futaba-KT, April Fool-AL, KT, HR, Arawasu-KT, Airline-AL, KT, HR, Astro 2.0-KT, Snail-AL, KT, Akachan-AL, KT, HR (Flop Design), Dorisorange-AL, KT (T26), Parade20-AL, KT, UFOnt-51silhouette, Rabbit35-silhouette, Dog30-Silhouette, Coil-AL, KT / 3Type, Frankfurter Custum Black-AL, COLOR-AL, Fivemani-AL, KT, Astroro-AL, KT, Puco-AL, 184MKSD Omnibus-AL, Alfadental-AL, FSB08 Klang-AL, KT / 3Type, TDA140607-AL, Shotaro V3-AL, KT, Colopocle-AL, KT, Melt-AL / 3Type, Tekuteku-AL, Crayon-AL, Digits-AL, Performar-AL, Pinponpan-HR, Airplane 2.0-AL, KT, Button-AL, Ball-AL, Box-AL, OLD CUBE-AL, Elekitel-HR, Retroket-AL, MKS Dot-AL, RikuKaiKu-Illust, Angle-AL, FontRemix 02 (36-kanji dingbat font). Font Pavilion sells these fonts: Building, Gavadon (kata), Volt (romaji, kata), Colopocle (katakana, romaji), Shotaro (katakana, romaji). Typo Bokan, Sennin, Snail. At Digitalogue, he published the screen font series Zerozero in 2000.
Prolific Swedish designer (b. Lindesberg, Sweden, 1990), who lives in Borlänge, Sweden. Måns Grebäck has a bachelor's degree in graphic design from the University of Dalarna (2012). In 2011 he started Mawns Design. In 2011 he already had over seven million downloads of his fonts, which were featured at websites such as Dafont and Myfonts.
Fontspace link. MyFonts link. Another URL. Dafont link. Klingspor link.
In 2010, he went commercial, and started selling fonts through MyFonts. His typefaces, both free and commercial:
- Angilla Tattoo (2013). a connected spurred tattoo typeface.
- Antlers (2012). A calligraphic script.
- Arachnids (2011, graffiti face)
- Barkants (2011, elegantly handprinted family)
- Beautiful Trouble (2012). A rabbit-eared upright connected script.
- Beckasin (2011, signage face)
- Before The Rain (2011, calligraphic).
- Bira (2012). A retro connected brush / signage script.
- Blockography (2011)
- Block Talk (2011, with Zaydek Michels-Gualtieri)
- Blods (2011, a great blotty brush face)
- Botanink (2011)
- Brannboll (2011, baseball signage face)
- Bready (2011). A retro signage script with art nouveau aroma.
- Brother Tattoo (2012).
- Bumblebees (2012). A plump curvy script.
- Calendary Hands (2012).
- Castro Script (2012).
- Celebrater (sic) (2012). An oily font.
- Centeria Script (2012).
- Channel (2011, connected upright script)
- Characteristic (2011). Additional image.
- Chavenir (2011).
- Clear Line (2012). A fat finger / signage typeface.
- Clipper Script (2011).
- Coneria Script (2012). A connected script.
- Crackin (2011)
- CutScript (2011, connected script)
- Echinos Park Script (2012).
- Ekologie Hand (2012).
- Enlighten (2011)
- Delinquente (2012).
- Denigan (2011, hairline)
- Equal Sans (2012).
- Espesor Olas (2011, fine handprinted calligraphic family)
- Europe Underground (2010, geometric sans with a hairline weight)
- Faltura (2011, constructivist), Faltura Alien (grunge), Faltura Guerra (grunge)
- Faltura Animals (2011)
- Feathergraphy Decoration (2011, calligraphic), Feathergraphy Clean (2011).
- Filbert Brush (2012).
- First Lyrics (2011)
- Frankentype (2013). An all-caps brush face for signage.
- Funkygraphy (2011, fat and counterless)
- Ghang (2011, graffiti family).
- Greback Grotesque (2012). The Thin is very very thin.
- Gretoon (2011, cartoon family)
- Handtalk (2010, silhouettes)
- Harbell (2013).
- Hard Block (2011, Western slab face)
- Hemmet (2013). A signage script.
- Hitalica (2011), Housegrind (2013, connected script).
- Impregnable (2013). A connected script.
- Jacked Eleven (2011), Jacked Eleven Highlight (2011), January Script (2013).
- Kerater (2011, sans)
- Lace 2.0 (2012). A thin connected script codesigned with Matteo Milazzo.
- Let Me Ride (2011)
- Levitee (2011, a lively connected script).
- Lighthouse (2013). A bold high-contrast script face.
- Lina Script (2012). A tattoo script done with Vicky Mardian.
- Lyrics Movement (2011, tall-ascendered hand).
- Masteries (2013). A connected formal script.
- Monsta Tag (2013): a graffiti font.
- Motion Picture (2013). A heavy connected retro script.
- Mount (2012).
- MAWNS Graffiti (2010) and MAWNS Serif (2010)
- MAWNS Handwriting (2010).
- Made With B (2011, sketched face).
- Mardian (2012). A calligraphic tattoo script done with Vicky Mardian.
- Markera (2011, marker pen family)
- Many Weatz (2011)
- Mawns Rock (2011)
- Monoment (2011). A fat upright connected script.
- Optien (2011, techno face)
- Ordinatum (2011, a severe sans)
- Ornamental Versals (2011, ornamental caps)
- Pennybridge 1563 (2010, blackletter)
- Phraell (2013). A great italic formal calligraphic script with optional swashes.
- Pineapple (2012).
- Prime Script (2012).
- Prognostic (2011)
- Quickier Pro (2012). A swashy calligraphic script face.
- R-2014 (2011, LED face)
- Radio 187.5 (2010, techno family)
- Recorda Script (2013). A formal calligraphic script.
- Remachine Script (2013). Retro signage script.
- Respective (2011, calligraphic script, +Swashes)
- Rider (2011, a 30-style "versal" sans family)
- Ringer (circle and arc-based sans)
- Roskrift (2011, calligraphic; + Roskrift Clean)
- Ruthless Wreckin (graffiti faces), Ruthless Drippin' (dripping paint family)
- Sculptor's Hand (2011, connected chancery hand)
- Second Lyrics (2011, Treefrog-style handwriting)
- Servin' for Salute (2011)
- Shipped Goods (2011). A copperplate calligraphic script.
- Shortbrush (2011)
- Signerica (2011, connected flowing hand)
- Sketchica (2011, sketchy face)
- Society Editor (2013, connected script).
- Some Weatz (2011, calligraphic, copperplate; +Swashes)
- Southern Aire (2013, connected script face).
- Square Worm (2011)
- Stroke Dimension (2011, 3d face)
- Suecos Locos (2011---yummy!)
- Sverige Script (2012). Calligraphic wedding font.
- Tevegraphy (2011, elliptical)
- The World is Yours (2011, quaint)
- Throwupz (2011)
- Tipbrush Script (2011)
- Treehouse (2011, upright connected script; +Snowhouse for a snow-covered version)
- Tusch Touch 1 (2011)
- Two and Three (2011: a tattoo parlor blackletter family)
- Typographic Onedalism (2011, graffiti simulation face)
- Ventography (2013). A bold signage script.
- Walk Da Walk One
- Wankstaberg Battles (2010, a tall fat script)
- Wild Growth (2011).
- Xtreem (2012).
- Yanty, Yanty Big, Yanty Script, and Yanty Script Big (2012).
- Yoghurt (2011).
View Mans Grebäck's typefaces.
Abstract Fonts link. Buy fonts directly from Måns Grebäck. [Google]
[Maniackers Design (or: MKS)]
San Salvador-based designer (b. 1985) of the thin slab face Espacio (2011), the monoline extended sans face Añejo (2011), the playful Antelope (2011), the razor blade-themed Font Interrupted (2011), the sci-fi face Cerebro (2011), the headline sans Jenkins (2011), the stencil face Mura Knockout (2011), which can be downloaded from Dafont.
He also made Diminuto (2011, monoline slabby face), Wednesday (2011, gridded), Diamante (2011, elliptical architectural sans face), 50 Blizzards (2011, stencil face), Kiona (2011, headline caps face), the geometric logotype New Drop Era (2011), the angular face A Brand New Day Midnight (2011), Catman (2011), Lowery (2011), and the tattoo font Slayer Dragon (2011). Naomis Citadel (2011) is a font comissioned by author Rick Austinson for his upcoming Consecution Books series. Ocho Siete (2011) and La Quince de Mayra (2011) are hairline sans faces. Ciudad Nueva Caps (2011) is a geometric avant garde caps face. Home page. Mariko Chan (2011) is a soft rounded and friendly monoline display sans. Alto Voltaje (2011) is also a monoline face but its sharp corners make it much more threatening.
Typefaces from 2012: Bad Handwriting, Sessions, Gorila (sic) (techno sans), Daiichi (hairline elliptical sans), Elite Hacker Corroded, Impalinger (hand-printed).
In 2013, he made Tokyo Pop Star.
Dafont link. [Google]
[Protoform Project (was: Fontshack)]
Vernon Adams (born England, 1967) is a furniture restorer, woodcarver and typeface designer. New Typography is his type design site. Vernon graduated in 2007 with an MA in type design from the University of Reading. Fontspace link. Dafont link. Google Plus link. Fontsquirrel link. Klingspor link.
He developed Mako (2007), a type family for text and image in magazines. Earlier, he created AutoPacHousehold. Nobile (2010) is part of the Google font directory. Through the Open Font Library, one can get the source Fontforge code for this open source sans family. About Mako, he writes that he submitted the font to Fontsmith, which sat on it for a while and rejected it, only to publish a few weeks later Lurpak, which according to Vernon is too similar to his rejected design. Free fonts at Google Code by Vernon, as of the end of 2010 include Coda (a heavy elliptical face), Nobile (mentioned above), Corben (a curvy bold face in the style of Cooper Black), and Gruppo (a thin sans).
In 2011, he added Coustard (a slab serif family), Damion (connected signage script), Smythe (Victorian), Radley (display face), Oswald (a reworking of the Alternate Gothic style), Candal (sans), Pacifico (connected signage face), Bangers (comic book face), Anton (heavy sans), Bevan (a reworking of Beton, a traditional slab serif display typeface created by Heinrich Jost in the 1930s), Six Caps (a condensed headline face), Meddon (a display font created from the handwritten script of an Eighteenth century legal document), Rokkitt (an Egyptian), Paytone One (headline face), Holtwood One SC (wood block simulation face), Monofett (white on black), Carter One (casual face), Francois One (gothic sans), Sigmar One (think mid twentieth century pulp magazine advertising), Bigshot One, Metrophobic, Mako, Francois One, Nunito (rounded), Shanti, Sigmar, Muli (minimalist sans), Kameron (an Egyptian), Stardos Stencil, Bowlby One, Bowlby One SC (fat poster face), Tienne (serif), Monoton (a multiline face in the style of Koch's Prisma, 1931), Sancreek (emulating an ornamental wood font), Amatic SC (handprinted poster family), Sancreek (a Tuscan face), Oswald (in the old Alternate Gothic tradition of sans faces), Rammetto (based on the Stephenson Blake uppercase display font Basuto, released in 1926), and Michroma (modeled after Microgramma).
Typefaces made in 2012 include Bench Nine (Google Web Fonts: based on old Stephenson Blake typefaces), Oxygen (a sans face available from Google Web Fonts), Oxygen Mono (Google Web Fonts), Norican (free script font at Google Web Fonts based in part on Stephenson Blake's Glenmoy from the 1920s), Cutive (free at Google Web Fonts, based on the IBM typewriter faces Executive and Smith-Premier), Pontano Sans (Google Web Fonts: a light basic sans), Trocchi (Google Web Fonts: derived from Nebiolo's Egiziano, and Caslon & Co's Antique No.4 and Ionic No.2), Seymour One (Google Web Fonts: derived from Sigma One), Anaheim (sans, Google Web Fonts), Cutive and Cutive Mono (Google Web Fonts: based on the typewriter typefaces of IBM's Executive and the older Smith-Premier).
Typefaces from 2013: Mondo (sans), Oswald (grotesque and stencil), Anton (grotesque). [Google]
Nick Curtis (b. Chicago, 1948) lived in Texas from 1952-1997, and lives since 1997 in Gaithersburg, MD and Alexandria, MD. From ca. 1990 onwards, he has been designing fonts, first for free, and then commercially. He had a great reputation as a "revivalist" type designer, with a particular interest in retro fonts and art deco types. In 2003, his site had become too popular and too expensive to maintain, and thus he went commercial as Nick's Fonts. Interview. Free downloads at TypOasis. Complete list of names and other info, maintained by Sander de Voogt. Interview in which we learn about his fondness for Corel Draw as a type design tool.
Near the end of 2012, he posted this comment on his web site: Fifteen years ago, I embarked on a wonderful voyage of discovery, when I created my very first font with Fontographer 3.15. My maiden voyages were, frankly, rather clunky and amateurish, but I have been told that they showed promise. Well, sure enough, thanks to the diligent (and patient) efforts of Ilene Strizver, I polished up my craft enough to sell my humble efforts---first as a sideline business and, since 2006, as my full-time job. In total, I have produced over eleven hundred fonts---almost five hundred of them freeware fonts, which I conservatively estimate have been downloaded and enjoyed by over three million people worldwide. Unfortunately, this past year has brought a series of unanticipated setbacks, culminating in the loss of my wife's beautiful mind and soul to the scourge of alcoholism. In an effort to generate extra income to cover the expenses for her long-term care, I have proposed a number of, I believe, innovative ways to revamp the online font business; unfortunately, those efforts have fallen flat, primarily due to the professional font community's abject fear of crossing the $165 million Elephant in the Room. I even offered a special discount rate of 75% off retail price for full-time students of Typohile Forum. To date, there have been zero takers. Hell: even the webfont kit of one of my own fonts which I purchased from myfonts.com turned out to be an empty folder. Talk about a run of bad luck. Which leaves my with you, dear readers. If you or someone you know has had fun or made a buck from my humble efforts throughout the years, please donate whatever you can---even a lousy dollar would help---to help me out. I would greatly appreciate it.
Home page. Dafont link. FontShop link. Klingspor link. Abstract Fonts link.
View the typefaces designed by Nick Curtis. [Google]
[Nick Curtis: Commercial faces]
Nick Curtis: Commercial faces
Nick Curtis (b. Chicago, 1948) lived in Texas from 1952-1997. Since 1997, he is in Gaithersburg, MD and Alexandria, MD. Since the 1990s, he has been designing fonts, first for free, and then commercially. He had a great reputation as a "revivalist" type designer, with a particular interest in retro fonts and art deco types. In 2003, his site had become too popular and too expensive to maintain, and thus he went commercial as Nick's Fonts. Interview. Free downloads at TypOasis. Complete list of names and other info, maintained by Sander de Voogt. Interview in which we learn about his fondness for Corel Draw as a type design tool. Home page. His free fonts are listed elsewhere.
On MyFonts, he says this about himself: Nick's Fonts is a modest little foundry dedicated to the preservation of our rich typographic heritage. Most of the foundry's designs are based on authentic historical sources, gleaned from the massive collections of the Library of Congress. If you are looking for a font that captures the essence of the Wild West, the Gay Nineties or the Jazz Age, look here first: if it is not in the catalog, it will be soon. [Google]
[CAT Design Wolgast]
Protoform Project (was: Fontshack)
Free original designs, often with a science fiction feel, by Neale Davidson (b. 1971). Does some custom font work. Adventure.
Neale Davidson's typefaces:
- 4E Dings (based on those used in WotC's 4E Dungeons and Dragons game).
- AdventureNormal (1998), AdventureSubtitlesNormal, Alpha Mutation (2012, based on the title logo to the 2011 version of "Gammaworld"), Alternity, AlternityNormal, Anayanka (2013, Cyrillic simulation font), Angel Arms (2012, a shothole font), Anglorunic, Armorhide (2013, sci-fi face), Arneson (2013), Artifact (2011; became Ravenwood), Aurebesh (based on the WEG version of Star Wars Imperial Writing).
- Bantorain (2013, spurred), BattleBeasts (2000), BeastWars, Betazed (2013, for Star Trek betazoids), Bienvenu (2011, pixel face), Broadmoor (2012, art deco).
- Cardosan (2013, runic script), Carlton (2012), Celestial, Chapleau (2012, art deco), Chinyen (2005, oriental simulation), Classic Robot (2011), Coburn (2013: miltary stencil), Colony Wars (replaced by Gallonigher), Comic Book, Constitution Class Hull, Convoy (2011, based on the logo for "Armada" and "Robots in Disguise"), Crichton (2013, an avant-garde font based on the title logo from the "Farscape" television series), 2015 Cruiser (2013, based on the police-car lettering used in the move "Back to the Future II"), Crystal Deco (2008), CuniformEnglishNormal, Cyberfall (2013, octagonal / mechanical face based on the logo of the console game "Fall of Cybertron"), Cybertron Generations (dingbats, now replaced by Transdings), Cybertron Metals, Cyberverse (2011, futuristic).
- Daedra (2012: based on the Elder Scrolls series of games), DalelandsNormal (a Celtic face based on the lettering used in early TSR Dungeons and Dragons products), Datacron (2013: based on the Fall of Cybertron toyline), Decahedron (2012), Dethek Stone (runes), DiamondFantasyNormal, Dinobots (based on the Dinobots logo from Hasbro's Beast Machines line), Dodecahedron (2012), Downlink (2013, techno), Dragonmaster, Dunkin and Dunkin Sans (2012, based on the rounded fat letters of the Dunkin Donuts logo), Dovahkiin (2013), dPoly (2013, polyhedra and game dingbats), Duodecahedron (2012), Dwemer (2013).
- Eladrin (based on the third edition version of the Elven font used in Dungeons and Dragons), Electrorocket (2012, art deco), Elminster, Emotion Engine (2012, based on the Playstation 2 logo from Sony), Emulator (based on the old Nintendo game font), Energon (2011), Equestria (2012: based on the My Little Pony Line), Erte (2013), Espruar (based on the Elvish script found within TSR's "2nd Edition: Dungeons and Dragons" Forgotten Realms Elvish script), Eurocorp (2012, based on the logo and menus within the classic "Syndicate Wars" game from Bullfrog Entertainment), Exodite Distressed (2013, a custom design for LPJ's "Neo-Exodus" Pathfinder campaign world).
- Falmer (2013), Flipbash (2012, an octagonal typeface that is based on the logo of Hasbro's Bot Shots), Flynn (2011, futuristic stencil face), Fontana (2011, techno-futuristic), Fractyl (2013, used for the Predacons' speaking bubbles in the BotCon "Ground Zero" comic in 1997), Furmanite (2011).
- Gaiking (2012: Based on the logo of Mattel's Giant Robot toyline, Shogun Warriors), Galaxy Force (2011, based on Hasbro's Transformers: Cybertron logo), Gallonigher (was Colony Wars), Gamedings, Gargish (2013), Gargoyles, Garriott (2013, runic), Geddes (2011), Generation Two, Gold Box (2012, a pixel face based on the in-game lettering from the classic SSI "Gold Box" game collection, featuring Dungeons and Dragons: Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, and so on), GothamNightsNormal, GutcruncherNormal, Graalen (2013: an alien-glyph typeface based on the Andorian writing found in Last Unicorn Games' Among the Clans supplement for their Star Trek: Roleplaying Game).
- Harker (2013), Harpers (runes), Hauser (octagonal, futuristic; Former "Action Force", based on the logo of GI Joe), Hellpoint (2013, based on some of the plate markings founds in IDW's "Transformers" comic series), Hetfield (2013: a spurred typeface), Hexahedron (2012: dice), Hexahedron Rounded (2013), Hyperspace (2012, thin monoline octagonal, based on the original Atari vector font from Battlezone, and on Asteroids).
- Imaki (futuristic; was Cybertron Metals; based on the logo of the Japanese Beast Wars Metals series), Indiana (2012, from the titling for the Indiana Jones movies and comics), Instruction (2012, monospaced and monoline caps face for engineering applications), Invaders (2012).
- Jedi (2012: Star Wars logo font), JediHollowNormal, JediSolidNormal, Jefferies (former Constitution Class Hull, based on the original Star Trek Enterprise lettering), Jhiaxus (2011), Joystick (2011), Jumpman (2012, based on the logo of the original Donkey Kong game from Nintendo).
- Kanno (formerly called Sharon Apple), Kentaurus (2013, Greek simulation typeface; he writs: This 'microgramma-like' font is based on the "Kentaurus" writing found within Franz Joseph's "Star Trek: Technical Manual"), Ketchum (a comic book face based on the logo of the popular Pokemon franchise), Kreon (2011, a round techno face based on the logo of Hasbro's Kre-O line).
- LaBouf (2011, techno: based on Indiana Jones subtitles), Laser Rod (based on the Transformers line), Lassiter (2012, a spurred Western typeface), Lorre (art deco).
- Mage Script (2013), Majoram (2012, a hairline avant garde typeface), Majoram Serif (2012), Manga (oriental simulation), Mara's Eye (2013, based on the lettering used on Disneyland's Indiana Jones "Forbidden Eye" ride), Marston (2013, on the title logos of numerous Spaghetti westerns), Masterforce, MasterforceHollow, MasterforceSolid, MaximalBeasts, Maximus, Mech Tech (2013, based on Hasbro's "Transformers: Dark of the Moon's" toys' "Mech Tech" logo), Medabots (based on the Hasbro toy line), Megatron (2011, based on the logo of the live-action Transformers movies), Microgramma Extended (later replaced by Probert), Minerva (2012: based on the logos used for Shout's releases of Transformers: Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory), Mode X (2012, based on lettering from classic "Mode X" games of the early 1990s), Modern Cybertronic (2013: an alien-dings font based on Jim Sorenson's "Ancient Autobot" script), Modern Destronic (2013: based on Jim Sorensen's "Ancient Decepticon" script), Montalban (2011, based on the title credits of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan), Moria (runes), Morse Tech, MysticEtchingsNormal.
- Nakadai (2011, a unicase techno font based on Hasbro's Transformers: Prime figures), Neo Gen (2011, based on the logo for the SD Gundam series of games), Neostar (2012, sci-fi), Neverwinter (2001, based on the logo of the popular "Neverwinter Nights" computer game from Bioware) (see also here), Night Warrior, Nippon Tech (faux oriental), Nite Club (2011, dot matrix).
- Octohedron (2012), Okuda (formerly Okudagrams; based on the LCARS characters from Star Trek: The Next Generation), Omnicron, Ophidian, Optimus, Orion (2012, a techno-style font based on the "Robots in Disguise" logo from Hasbro's 2012 Transformers toyline), Overseer (2011).
- Pacmania, Palisoc (2013), Phoenixians (2012: based on the logo of Centuri's Phoenix arcade game), Planewalker (formerly called Magic Cards. Based on the text used in older Magic: The Gathering cards), Pokemon, Powerpuff (based on the logo of "The Powerpuff Girls" from Cartoon Network), PredaconBeasts, Probert (replaces Microgramma Extended), Protoculture (2012, based on the franchise logo of Robotech).
- Quintanar (2011).
- Ravenwood (2011), Razorclaw (2013: based on the logo of the Beast Hunters Transformers line), Reconstruct (2013), Regen (2012: a science-fiction font based on the logo used on the cover of the Transformers: Regeneration One comics), Resavy (2012, a Broadway style art deco beauty), Rio Oro (2012, a Far West Tuscan marquee font), Robot Masters (now called Takara), Roddenberry (2011, based on the StarTrek logo), Roughknight (formerly Materia Arms. Based on the Wild Arms 5 video game logo---it simulates wood type and is Western in concept), RunicEnglishNormal.
- SandsofFireNormal, Schnaubelt (2011, rounded technical caps face), Sierra Madre (2012: an avant-garde face based on the Sierra Madre casino's logo from Fallout: New Vegas: Dead Money), Silverball Oblique (2012, LED font), Simple Runes, Sinescript (2013), SkeksisNormal, Skir, Sorenson (2013, a stencil typeface), StarcraftNormal, Starfleet (2004), Stark (2012: based on the title logo of the Iron Man and Iron Man 2 movies), Steamcog Caps (2013), Steampuff (2012), Steamwreck (2012), Sternbach (2011), Suchet (2013: a nice art deco typeface inspired by the material of BBC Production's legendary "Poirot" series starring David Suchet), Symtext (2012, a faux 5x5 bitmap font based on the lettering used in early VGA games, such as Syndicate).
- Taibaijan (faux Arabic), Takara (former Robot Masters; based on the "Robot Masters" logo from Takara's Transformers), Tandysoft (2011, based on the old typeface of the MC-10 computer), Tellarite (2013: based on the canonical glyphs of the "Tellarite" language from Paramount's Star Trek franchise), Tetrahedron (2012), Thorass (runes), Thundercats, Toril, Transdings (replaces Cybertron Generations: based on Transformers logos from Hasbro), Transformers, TransformersHollowNormal, TransformersSolidNormal, Transmaidens, Transmetals (based on Hasbro Inc's, "Beast Wars: Transmetals" logo), Trek Arrowheads (2013), Tsa Script, Turok, Turtles.
- Vector Sigma (based on the secondary "Beast Machines" logo), Visionaries, Visitor Script (2013).
- Warlords (based on the logo of the game series).
- YsgarthEnglishNormal (almost blackletter).
- Zarathos (2012, based on the titles for the Ghost Rider movie series), Zebulon (2013, sci-fi face based on the title logo of TSR's classic "Star Frontiers" game series), Zentran (2013, based on the Zentraedi glyphs found in Harmony Gold's "Robotech" franchise).
Dafont link. See also here and here, here, and here. Klingspor link. Abstract Fonts link. Devian Tart link. [Google]
Scriptorium (Ragnarok Press, Fontcraft)
[David Fleming Nalle]
Dave Nalle was born in Beirut in 1959, but lives and works in Texas. He is currently in Manor, TX. From his wiki page: Dave Nalle is a political writer, game author and font designer who was active in the early history of the development of the internet. He is Chairman of the Republican Liberty Caucus, a group that promotes libertarianism within the Republican Party and is Senior Politics Editor at Blogcritics online magazine and is the CEO of Scriptorium Fonts. A creative and prolific designer, he has made hundreds of beautiful (often historic) fonts. His outfit, Scriptorium (based near Austin, TX, est. 1989), also does custom font and logo design. At some points, Scriptorium was also known as Ragnarok Press and Fontcraft. It specializes in artsy and ancient faces. Some subset of the fonts is made by Michael Scarpitti. Free font demos.
Images of his best selling fonts. Special subpages:
Some selected fonts: Captain Kidd (2012, an original font design based on the title lettering from the classic pirate movie starring Charles Laughton), Aerobrush (2011), Fondry Ornament (2009), Artkinson Egyptian (2008, after the lettering of Frank Atkinson), Verne (2008), Goldwork (almost blackletter), BigBlok (2010), LetterpressGothic (2010), Plymouth (2010, in the style of Cooper Bold), Broadley (2008, an architecturally inspired script based on lettering by British architect and designer C.F.A. Voysey), Locksley (2004, medieval lettering), Tuscarora (curly lettering), Fiorenza (Renaissance calligraphy), Hesperides (old colonial calligraphic script), Angelus (beautifully printed monospaced script), Esperanza (1996, connected medieval handwriting), Ithuriel (2002), Alleghieri (2002), Hamilton (2002), Spiral Initials, Zothique (great font, based on hand lettering from a map of Clark Ashton Smith's fantasy world of Zothique), Reynard (semi-Celtic), Daresiel (elegant script), Caliph (1992, Arabic simulation), Bassackwards, Rosalinde (1999, handwriting), Arakne (2000, connected handwriting), Falconis (by Michael Scarpitti), Asrafel (semi-Celtic), Swithin (2004), Tyrfing (Art Nouveau/Fraktur, 1999), Waldeck (2008, blackletter), Woburn Initials, Stampwork, Draughtwork, Roughwork (all rubber stamp fonts), Melusine (gothic calligraphy), Corbei (uncial), Niederwald (hand lettering), Gjallarhorn (great uncial), Gaiseric (early medieval uncial), Taranis (1987, an uncial first drawn as a font for the cover of the old Ysgarth roleplaying system), De Bellis (roman era, by Michael Scarpitti), Engravers Gothic, Monimental Initials, Sanhedrin (Enemy of the State font), Vespasiano (roman capitals, by Michael Scarpitti), Bilitis, Hendrix (2002), Collins OE (old English), Samedi, Praitor, Evadare (1993, based on a character set which was hand calligraphed by Rudolf Koch), Koch Fantasie (1993), Black Cow (1998). Zothique, Ruritania, Mariner (2004, based on hand lettering originally done by Willy Pogany), Trinculo (a swinging cursive font), Texas Star (2002), Octavian (antique demi-serif font), Ruffian (antique type font), Ascelon (thin sans serif font), Munich (title lettering from Munchner Jugend magazine), Necromantic (bizarre bold titling font), Titania (romantic decorative lettering font), Oberon (bold romantic font), Knotwork, Guede (1993), Pullman, Purcell (Victorian circus poster style font), Allegheny, Carmilla, Malagua (1999-2013), Ardenwood, Platthand, Buccaneer, Cochin Archaic (2010), Boswell (1994), Guilford (based on lettering by artist and calligrapher Eric Sloane), Ekberg (2002, based on a sample of poster lettering by Samuel Welo), Death Ray (2012, constructivist), Alecto (futuristic), Candlemas (2003), Bridgeport (2003, based on lettering by artist and calligrapher Eric Sloane), Medieval Tiles (2003), Linthicum (2003), Draughtwork (2003), Yngling (Fraktur, 2003), Rheingold (elaborate Fraktur: Music Hall Text elsewhere; see also Teuton Text, Cincinnati Type Foundry, 1877), Kidd (2003), Belgravia (2004), Peck Shields (2004), Albrecht Durer Gothic (2004), Orpheus (2004), InduXtrial (2004, a grunge face), Yoshitoshi (2003), Veronique (2004), Veneto (2006), Vidilex (1993, monospaced), Abelarde (2006), John Speed (1993), Furbelow (2006), Estoril (2006), Tangle, Aventine (sans), Texas Star (2002), Groningen (Bauhaus design), Nevins Hand, Scrapple (2011, Victorian, ornamental), Leodegar (2011, based on samples of 7th century Frankish hand lettering), Candlemass (2012).
- Three free fonts: Onuava (a mini-serifed hybrid fixed-width font), Divona (sans), Sirona (based on Lombardic calligraphy).
- Decorative initials such as the 20th century sign lettering initials set Pencraft Initials (2009), Holly Initials (2010, based on Real PenWork (1880s, Knowles and Maxim), Vyones (2010), Vergennes (2001), Cascade (2009), Bergling (2010; based on initials by John M. Bergling).
- Wild West fonts: Academy, Atkinson Boomtown (2009, after the lettering of Frank Atkinson), Atkinson Eccentric (2009), BigIron, Cibola, Lachesis, Perdido, Plowright, Primer, Riudoso, Niederwald, San Lorenzo (2011, with a Mexican and Tuscan look), Stonehouse, Manquo, Rochambeau, Purcell, Vaquero.
- Arabic simulation fonts: Samaritan is based on the poster lettering of Alphons Mucha from his poster for the play La Samaritan. Serendib and Waziri are based on the hand lettering of René Bull from his edition of the Arabian Nights. Caliph (1993) is derived from Ernst Schneidler's classic Legende font, with variant characters based on his original lettering. And there is also Samarkand.
- Celtic fonts: the fonts include the Durrow font (1993, traditional rendering of Insular Minuscule calligraphy), Malvern, Glendower (based on the most common lettering in the Book of Kells), Knotwork (caps based on Celtic knots), Alba Text (modernized text font based on Celtic uncial lettering), Lindisfarne (based on a square uncial style), Stonecross (1997, derived from Celtic cross and gravestone inscriptions), Celtic Spirals (dingbats), Celtic Borders font (lets you combine key strokes to form decorative borders; many frames and borders are original Celtic designs by Arts&Crafts period artists like Evelyn Paul and Louis Rhead), Spiral Initials, Brigida (based on Rudolph Koch's interpretation of a squared uncial), Coverack (heavy non-traditional uncial), Dahaut (modernized uncial), Morgow (1999, spiral uncial), Teyrnon (elaborate spurred uncial), Padstow (heavy uncial), Vafthrudnir (2011, uncial), Sualtim and Columba (decorative initials based on characters found in the Book of Kells), Albemarle (2001).
- Oriental simulation fonts: Yoshitoshi (2003, based on the 1900-style writing by Yoshi Toshi.
- Gothic fonts, including Alt Gothic, Koch Gothic, Barnabas (2011), Montgisard (2010, roman capitals with blackletter lower case), Montressor (2010, ornamental blackletter capitals), T4C Beaulieux (1998, a free copy here), Bastarda (2011), Burgundian, Cadeaulx, Collins OE, Cortrai, Ereshkigal, Franconian (1993, a Schwabacher), Froissart (2000), Ghost Gothic, Magdeburg, Melusine, Monressor (2010, blackletter caps), Pyle Gothic, Rheingold, Sanctum, Stuttgart Gothic (2010), Textura, Theodoric, Yngling (2002).
- Renaissance fonts: Monumental Gothic, Caswallon, humanistic cursive (Palmieri, Castiglione and Hanes Italic), quirky Italian cursives (Fiorenza and Alleghieri), a Roman style hand-lettered font (Rudolfo and Rudolfo Swash), a Trajan-style Roman lettering (Hadrianus), a classic flourished cursive (Trinculo) and a set of floral intials from the Quattrocento (Fraticelli).
- Modern poster fonts: Ascelon, Bilitis, Cosmic Dude, Dromon, Ducatus Rough, Eglantine, Ekberg, Fortinbras, Hamilton, Jambon, Oblivion, Posada (2008, based on the poster lettering of Mexican artist José Guadalupe Posada), Squiffy, Suspicion, Magnin (2003).
- Mapmaker fonts: building elements are available in Basilica; Ortelius is a map dingbat font; Queensland (based on lettering by artist and calligrapher Eric Sloane), is bold, hand-drawn and reminiscent of medieval writing on maps. There are also Brandywine, Windlass (1996), and Cityscape. Orford (2008) is based on samples of hand lettering from a 1693 manuscript collected by Lewis Day in his classic book on historical paleography, Alphabets Old and New.
- Calligraphic fonts: Albemarle (2001), Azariel, Moncrief (2011, based on the calligraphy of J.M. Bergling), Pavane, Rasael (2009), Abdiel (2005), Roncesvalles, Gazardiel (2003, connected script), Spoonbill (2003, arts and crafts), Maacteris (Roman uncial font), Antioch Uncial (Roman uncial font), Burgundian (Classic black letter font), Franconian (993, a classic black letter font), Castiglione (Attractive Renaissance lettering), Cicero (Roman Rustica font), Formidable (1993, very bold late medieval / Lombardic style), Collins Old English (Classic Old English style gothic), Corbei Uncial (Roman uncial font), Cymbeline (late medieval lettering), Durrow (Standard insular minuscule uncial font), Theodoric (Classic black letter font), Ghost Gothic (Unusual gothic font), Glendower (Uncial font based on Book of Kells), Gloriana (Interesting hand lettering style), Folkard (from the hand-lettering of Charles Folkard), Offenbach Chancery, Ranegund Merovingian Courthand, Benevento (8th century Lombardic), Hesperides.
- Art deco faces: Borealis (2009), Criterion (2011), Illuminata, Madding (2009, a bold poster font that grew out of Aventine), Alexandrine (2009), art Deco Stencil (2009, based on samples of Art Deco stencil lettering by Pedro Lemos), Falmouth.
- Art nouveau faces: Acadian, Agravain (2009), Amphitryon (2009), Ariosto, Asphodel, Beaumains (2011, based on J.M. Bergling's lettering), Beauvoir, Belgravia (based on J.M. Bergling), Bernhardt (based upon the lettering of the Czech art-nouveau artist Alphonse Mucha), Bentham, Berenicia, Boetia (2003, based on J.M. Bergling's lettering), Bruges, Bucephalus (1993), Burd Ellen (2009), Butterfield, Curetana, Elsene (2011, based on lettering by early 20th century illustrator Clara Elsene Peck), Elysian, Flaubert, Gaheris, Ganelon, Goodfellow, Harbinger, Jugendstil Kunsthand (2003), Lysander, Maginot, Munich (after the Munchner Jugend magazine), Norumbega, Odeon, Ormandine (2010), Pantagruel, Phaeton, Reggio, Rochmbeau, Rockne (2009), Rudolfo, Setebos, Sprite, Summerisle, Sylphide (2005), Undine, Valentin (2008), Vambrace (2010), Walhal.
- Arabian-look fonts: Caliph, Satampra, Serendib, Jerash, Samaritan, Samarkand, Waziri.
- Interview and bio.
- Latest designs.
- Myfonts link.
- Mass download of most Scriptorium demo fonts at Fontflood.
- Modern poster fonts: Field Day (2003), Ascelon, Bilitis, Cosmic Dude, Dromon, Ducatus Rough, Eglantine, Ekberg, Fortinbras, Hamilton, Jambon, Oblivion, Squiffy.
- Constructivist fonts: Krasny Mir (2009), Vrubel, Structura (1997).
- Futuristic fonts: Alecto, Angelus, Circuit, Culdrose, Gearhead, Ironclaw, Parika, Sanhedrin, Semiramis (1997), Slither, Structuro, Yazata, Adastra (dings).
- Borders and ornaments. These include New Arets and Crafts Borders (20912, based on The Calendar of Golden Thoughts (Barse and Hopkins Publ, 1911).
- Boneyard fonts: Antrobus (2010), Sepultura (2002), Halloweenies, Dementia, Boneyard, Skull and Bones, Malagua (1999-2013), Paleos (2002, from titling of B movies in the cave girl genre), Carmilla, Abaddon, Black Cow (1998), Valdemar, Cuede, Ligeia, Mayhem, Mephisto, Golgotha, Sanguinary, Ironworks, Moravia, Gehenna, Nosegrind (2005, graffiti), Corpus, Ghostly.
- School fonts: Schoolhand (2010).
- Arts and Crafts movement (late Victorian period, 19th century), based on work and lettering by Walter Crane, William Morris, Charles Rennie Mackintosh and Elbert Hubbard. The Arts&Crafts movement was enormously influential on the works of designers, artists and architects of the 20th century, and inspired the Art Nouveau and Art Deco movements. Fonts include William Morris' Kelmscott (based on Morris' Troy type), and True Golden, fonts from the Glasgow branch of the movement like Chelsea Studio (1997), which is based on Charles Rennie Mackintosh's lettering, fonts from the Roycrofters of New York like Semiramis and Ganelon, fonts based on Walter Crane's work such as Crane Gothic, Pencraft Initials (2009) and Walter Crane, and even fonts from the California Arts&Crafts period of the early 1900s like Coloma. Other typefaces: Aylward, Palmyra (based on work by the Roycrofters, a design community founded by Elbert Hubbard), Aylward (2010, Victorian), Hyacinth Initials, Spoonbill, Adresack (1996), Brandywine, Changeling (2009, based on lettering by fairy artist Fanny Railton), Ganelon, Goddard, and Advertising Gothic (2003), Valentin, Gaheris, Agravain (2009). Delaguerra (2001-2009) is based on a lettering style originating in the California Arts&Crafts period commonly associated with Mission Style. It is still in common usage in signage at historical sites in California.
- Medieval fonts of Scriptorium, critiqued by Marc Smith, page 65: Batwynge is based on lettre gffe by Geofroy Tory (1529), and not on an illuminated manuscript of the tenth century as claimed by Scriptorium.
Fonts from 2013: Original Django (after the titling font in Quentin Tarantino's movie Django Unchained).
Klingspor link. Abstract Fonts link. Dafont link.
View David Nalle's typefaces. [Google]
Alex Tomlinson (Skyhaven) is an illustrator and graphic designer in Portsmouth, UK, b. 1992. He started creating free fonts in 2010.
Designer in 2010 of the experimental fonts Drugs, Obesity and Prodigium OS.
In 2012, he designed the hand-printed typefaces Scrappy Le Doot, On Kayak, The Low Down, Lunar Oatmeal, Datamost, Retro Supermarket, Konata, Luna Graph, Clark Summit, Real Toyz, Nocturne, The Snails, StPauls, Arking (graffiti style), Conspiracy, Skeluna, Lava Lamp, Summertime Lovin (outlined signage typeface), and Nonsense. Wub Machine and Spikes (2012) are playful typefaces. Penn Avenue and The Enemy Gene are fattish poster fonts. Get The Fuck Up (2012) and Des Pot (2012) are outlined comic book typefaces, while Nammy Sans is a comic book typeface designed for balloons. Centipede (2012) is a squiggly typeface. Mega Sans and Ursa Cape (2012) are outlined shadowed typefaces. Ursa Minor (2012) is a sci-fi typeface. Retro Gamer is a horizontally-striped geometric typeface. Raditad (2012) is a horizontally-striped sketch face. Iron Furnaces (2012) is ultra-condensed. Nite Owl (2012) is an avant-garde typeface. Red Fish (2012) is a grunge face based on napkin writing. Ded End (2012) is a grungy typewriter typeface. In Metro Caves is a grungy textured typeface. Super Rad (2012) is a geometric sans typeface.
Further typefaces from 2012 include Red Snapper, Metro Skies, Belle West, The Moon, Fisher, Alisky, Enjoy The Alien, Whisperings, The Real World, Swift Death, Tall Trees, Windsor Hand, Distort Me, Split The Atom, Ursa Drop, Klondike7, Belle West, Nammy Sans, Pixel This, Summertime Lovin (comic book lettering), Spikes, Monday Morning, Where My Keys, Firefly Navigator, Coconut Point, Clarks Summit Panic (blood drip typeface), First Impressions (hand-printed), Ocean City Park (hand-printed), Limit Break, Space Game, Sky Metropolis (hand-printed), California Rad (poster face), Yellowjackets (hand-printed), Organic Fear (scary typeface), Frenzy (ornamental caps), Green Surf, Sky Fanci, Killin It, Fix You (outlined face), Punkin Pie (3d outline font), Alligator Sky (hand-printed), Freaking Strange (grunge), Oh God Why (sketched face), In The Know (condensed and hand-printed), Kamikaze (brush face), Wintered Debts, Overhead (alchemic), Wintermint, Festivala, Freaking Strange, Whale Watching, Everything's Fine, Goodnight Freak, Twilight Ozone, Distort Me, Snow Fox, Bouncing on the walls, Sleeping on a cloud, Sketchbook Nasty, On the edge, Outta Da Box, Bold Universe, Splendid Stencil, First Impressions, Strange Rituals (an avant-garde geometric sans), Regular Font (hand-printed outline and shadow font), Shanty Hand, Strawberry Avalanche, Take Warning (blood drip face), Playtitle, Hairliner, Over Atlantic City (tall hand-drawn poster font), Skyliner (tall poster font), Retroland, Owl Creek (a campground font), Insanity, Lake Script, Lakeshore Drive (poster font), Gorilla Comix, Bamboo Brisk, Scranton Fancy, Ruby Glow, Happy Dreams Med Mono, Lost in the sound (chalk font), Ice Cream Sandwich, Art Center, Shark Fighter, Minds Alike, Supersonic Love, Brushie Brushie, Rainy Day (thin poster font), Maggie Moo (comic book font), Kinda Messy, Midsummer Circus, Ocean Coastlines, Hillside Vista, Fox Connection, Cheap Frames, Problems, Rustik (grungy), Tribal Type, Songbird, Angry Mob, New Visions, Parachutes, Loud and Clear (scratchy typeface), From The Woods.
Typefaces designed in 2013: Embxz, Awkward, Summer Jams (outlined face), Sombody (sic) to Love, Tekno Trance, Spinning Around, Up with the Birds, Campground, Linemaster (outline face).
Devian Tart link. Behance link. Dafont link. Another Dafont link. Fontspace link. Aka Skyhaven. Dafont link Behance link. [Google]
Suomi Type Foundry
Tomi Haaparanta (b. Vaasa, Finland, 1967) is a Finnish type designer and art director. He created many great fonts, and founded Suomi Type Foundry in 2005. Speaker at ATypI 2005 in Helsinki. MyFonts link. FontShop link. Klingspor link. His typefaces, suboptimally grouped:
- Typefaces from 2012: SciFly (a free rounded sans commissioned by Flyerzone).
- Typefaces from 2011: Tow (a headline font family), Grumpy Black (Black 24 is based on the headline face ITC Grouch (1970, Tom Carnase), and the other styles are increasingly of higher contrast).
- Creations in 2010: Tenner (very plump and round, good for signage), Tart Heavy (fat slabs to drool over), That (a display family, +Open, +Irregular, +Bold), Thud (an industrial belt octagonal/mechanical family), Steelworks (a sturdy mechanical sans), Taste This (sans family), Telltale, Titillation (rounded), Tide (connected script emulating ink flow), Taffee (narrow sans), Televisio, Tournedot (a very cute and lively semi-serif headline face), Tempest, Tristan (handprinted), Cider Script, Toffee Script (after an art nouveau face called Regina Cursive). Tonsure Script (a high-contrast connected script), Ticketbook (for movie posters), Suomi Sans (a family with special counters).
- Creations in 2009: Tar (rounded sans family), Marimekko (a slab family for a Finnish clothing company, adapted from its 1954 Olivetti typewriter roots), Vektori (monoline octagonal), Kaapeli (Tomi's take on Kabel), Suomi Slab Serif (related to American Typewriter), Marimekko Sans, Tee Franklin (gothic sans family, made for The British Vogue---check out the light weight), Tobacco (octagonal, based on drawing program emulation), Pannartz (based on a scan of a 1476 text by Sweynheim&Pannartz), Suomi Hand (FontShop), That (4-weight serif family), Talbot (connected script patterned after the Talbot car logo), Taint (modular ink trap face), Tailor (slab serif), Tink, Tale 40, Tale 20, Story 40, Story 20 (all pixel fonts), Tictac (a 3D face), Giro (done on purpose to mimic the ugly Giro d'Italia geometric logo font), Tame (rounded sans), Suomi Script, Explosion (grunge).
- Creations in 2007: Caxton Script (blackletter).
- At ITC: ITC Tetra (2005, squarish face), ITC Tomism (2005, modeled after Church Slavonic), ITC Tyke (2004, a take on Cooper Black).
- At Psy-Ops: Temporal, Torus.
- At T-26: Talmud (1998, faux Hebrew), TyrantRoman (1998, an Exocet-style face, T-26), Tumbler, Torino-Book, Tonic, Terylene, Tension, Teebone, Task-Toobig, Target (2004), Tantalus, Aged (1999), and Taper (2009, slab serif), the experimental sans families Target Recut (2004).
- At FUSE: FutuRoman (FUSE95).
- Tang (2004, an anti-inkbleed sans family done for very small point sizes).
- At Agfa Creative Alliance: Tangerine, Teethreedee, Twinkle.
- With Klaus Haapaniemi and Brian Kaszonyi: the 15-font War family in 1999-2000.
- At Linotype: TeebrushPaint LT Std (2003).
- Game (family).
View Tomi Haaparanta's typefaces. [Google]
Tattoo Woo (or: Smokewire)
[Jonathan Stephen Harris]
Tattoo Woo (or: Smokewire) is American tattooist Jonathan Harris.
In 2011, he created the curly gothic tattoo faces Hot Chocolate Latte, League of Ages, Royal Inferno, Tribal Times and Tribal Dragon, and the spiky face Quasari (2011). He also made Jelly Swirls (curly), Highway to hell, What a mess (grunge), Pixie Moon, Sword Thrasher, Starship XXXII (Star Trek face), Christmas Snow (art nouveau snowcapped glyphs), and Jazzy Caveman (a stone age face).
Typefaces created in 2012: Bright Star Tonight, Harristoon, a crayon series (Crimes Times Six, Colored Crayns, XXX Dirty Jokes XXX, Harris Wear, Black Crayon), Alien Mutations Begin, Vineyard Magazines, Forbidden Land (scratchy face), Way Gardens (flowery script), Pencil Shading, Cartoon Shadow, Heart Shapes, Sassy Stark, Back to School, Black Eye Peas, Silly People, Street Art (a great ink splatter font), Heartbroken, Jen Luves Ben Forever, Heart Broken, Catalina, Anywhere but home, Holly Christmas, Kringley Christmas (dingbats), Seasons Greetings, Cheese Cake, Abraham Heights, Call me maybe (sketch font), Lydia Puente (calligraphic script), Tribal Script, The Daily Bread (a beautiful ronde), Naughty Nights, a set of four Asian brush style faces (Japanese Style, All Yoko, Chinese Asian Style, Chinese Takeaway), Hey Cutie, Zing Easy (brush), Kids Play, Keep It Simple (loopy script), Standing Tall (anguished Kafkaesque typeface), The Abandoned Treasure (brushy caps face), The Mocking Bird, Nighty Nights, Road Trip, Been Hanging Around, Divided Nations, Dodger Gear, The Best Night (brush), Stencil Brush (brush), Quite Chocolatey, Round About (stitch font), Physics Teacher, Madman Howling, Love Sequel, Cross Out, My Mistake, Colours of Autumn, Da Streets (graffiti face), Hard Fox (stencil brush), You Are Precious (curly script), The Blue Oasis, Dysfunctional Family (brush face), Lovely Excuse (brush family), No Fear (brush face), Dead End, The Art Show (brush face), Comical Smash, The Quick, The Lost Paintings, Stone Age, Eyeliner Tattoo, Sketch Pad, Art Class (spilled paint face), Ink Studio, Stay Holy Okay, Water Park (bubblegum face), Urban Jungle, Geez Seriously (curly typeface), Crazy Weekend, Slimeball, Real People, A Brush No, Beware of the Hogs (blood drip typeface), Definitely Maybe, Draw Freehand, Bloodthirsty (blood drip font), Zombie Slayer (blood drip font), Your Bloody Choice (blood drip font), Barn Animals, Comic Strip, Scribble Fun (textured face), Boom Shanker, Girly Punk, Pucky, Spray Break, Font Insane, Fairground, Last Breath (2012),Follow Your dreams, Together Again, Drawing Guides, Death Branch, Panda Spots, Fuzzy Bear, Threadz Needle, Homeboy, Hairs Dens Bag, Primitive Alien, Bonney Lass, Cake Nom (3d and shaded), Headshop (psychedelic), Tribal Butterflies (dings), Tribal Dragons Tattoo Designs, Tribal Animals Tattoo Designs, Abstract Alien Symbols, Jewelry Design Shapes, Wander Ball, Love Hue, The Fat Store, Chooka Zoon (bubblegum face), Happy Roxy, Hearts and Stars, Arcade Book, Teaspoon Display (swashy calligraphic face), Ready Black (another swashy calligraphic face), The Lodger Rang (gothic script), Sketch Book, Sketchline, Drafting, Last Breath (tattoo font), Drawing Pad, Child's Play, Design Bubble, A Stitch Plus Nine, Ming in Bling (comic book shadow face), You Are Something (curly script), Hot Pink, How To Do Something (comic book face), I Love What You Do, Get Wet.
Typefaces from 2013: Oh Shit (brushy), Teaser Houses, Eternal Fascination (connected script), Shades of Black, Bingo Bangos (brushy script), Street Fighter, Marker Pen (brush), Home and Away (brush), Spring Cleaning, Scribble Table, Sound Heart, Imagination Station (a heavy brush face), Teddy Bear, Good Day, Easy Rider (retro script), Silent Reaction, Today is the Oldest and Youngest (tall condensed script), Brush Strokes, Texas (brush), Messing About (scratchy hand), Kindergarten (hand-printed), Oh No (dusty typeface), Art Studio, Crazy Horse (great grungy brush), Time Machine, Strings and Things (sketched typeface), Twisted Brother, Big Easy, Egyptian Nights, Demolished, Lazy Girls, Angels Message (pixie dust script), Medieval Queen, Kings and Queens (swashy script), Admiration Pains, Confetti Stream, Hill Billies (signage face), Sweet Heart, Manhunter, Beware of the dog, Kiss Me Quick (Valentine's Day script), Atomic Number (a chalky dusty typeface), Potted Balls, The Boatman (graffiti font), Dead Island (brush face), Age to Age (swashy brush), Sticky Things (brush face), Lasting Love, Beware of the Zombies, Skyscraper, Coffee House, Rough Rider (fat brush face), The Green Life, National Cartoon (sketched 3d face), True Lies (brush face), Heron's Nest (sketched), Freaky Friday, Be There Soon, Praying Angel, Leap of Faith (graffiti brush), Beginning Yoga (brush script), Tims Grocery Store, Biogalaxy, Funga Donga Binge, Sketchbook Challenge, Arsonist, Say No to Drugs, Frizzled Planet, Decayed in Sixty Seconds.
Fontspace link. Dafont link. Abstract Fonts link. Fontspace link for Smokewire. Link to Smokewire. Fontspace link for Jonathan harris. [Google]
[Suomi Type Foundry]
Ray Larabie (b. 1970) ran Typodermic in Mississauga, ON, which opened in the Fall of 2001. In 2006, it moved to Vancouver, BC, and in 2009 it moved on to Nagoya, Japan. Dafont page. Of course, Ray Larabie has been making fonts since 1996, but those early fonts were freeware. His pre 2001 fonts are grouped under the label Larabie Fonts. In 2001, he set up Typodermic. Latest additions.
The Typodermic fonts:
- 2013: Fluctuation (a softly rounded elliptical sans family), Astrochemistry (sci-fi, techno with rounded edges), Snasm (sci-fi).
- 2012: Zolasixx (inspired by the video game Zaxxon), Ampacity (neon font), Chromakey (a space deco headline font inspired by box art classic video games including Matrix Marauders and Magical Chase), Disassembler (1980s style bitmap font), Zerbydoo (a dot matrix family), Superego (a geometric-techno font inspired by the cabinet graphics for the 1981 Stargate arcade game), Rukyltronic (a set of dot matrix typefaces), Nerdropol (pixel family), Gulkave (rounded pixel font), Cyclopentane, Palamecia (a fat finger poster face), Gameness (a 1990 retro industrial deco font), Camulogen (headline face), Color Basic (a pixel face inspired the by TRS-80 Color Computer), Triac Seventy One (a funky face), Acroyear (retro all-caps headline font), Troll Bait, Strenuous (unicase), Permanence (a retro=futuristic font based on Alvin Toffler's cover of Future Shok, 1970), Clockpunk (octagonal and quaint), Battlemaze (trekkie face), Mixolydian (industrial sans).
- 2011: Ugocranis (a brutalist typeface), Clipwave, Wheaton (MICR-inspired), Mango Scribble, TRS Million (dot matrix face), Ugogranis (constructivist), Gomoku (paper cut face), From The Internet.
- 2010: Cranberry Gin (2010, octagonal), Restore (all caps, geometric sans), From The Stars (an elliptical techno family done with Chikako Larabie), Thrusters (space age face), Dream Orphanage, Kengwin (rounded slab serif), Gleaming The Cube (Greek simulation face), Vectipede (a slab serif family), Great Escape (an elliptical sans family), Subrocs (connected script), Hackensack (with Chikako Larabie), Polarband (bilined stackable headline face), Naked Power, Special Forces (a great macho slab serif headline face---watch for awards to roll in), Warugaki (handpainted), Warmer, Honfleur (art deco; with Chikako Larabi), Voivode (a headline face done with Chikako Larabie), Hachimitsu (Asian look face, done with Chikako Larabie), Kadeworth (rounded retro look sans, done with Chikako Larabie), Gnuolane Jump (2010, with Chikako Larabie), Markerfield (brush), Board of Directors (Bank Gothic style family, done with Chikako Larabie), GGX88 (a Swiss sans family), Body Goat, Reversal, Gord (techno), Computechnodigitronic (LED, LCD geek-look font), Bench Grinder, Inklea (a bubbly face), Skygirls (retro brush script), Gloss (a paint brush face based on Champion, 1957, G.G. Lange).
- 2010: Galderglynn Esquire.
- 2009: Maqui (an industrial headline sans family), Zingende (art deco family: caps only), Misadventures, Gaz (large retro sans family), Meloriac (heavy display sans), Acrylic Brush, Enamel Brush (a digitization of Catalina, 1955, Emil J. Klumpp), DDT (neutral sans), Thump (fat, casual), Desperate Glamour, Pricedown (an update of his free 1990s font, patterned after the lettering on The Price Is Right show), Mitigate (monoline and slabbed; has some typewriter styles), Catwing, Walken (slab serif stencil), Silicone (soft rounded sans family), Movatif (sans), Gunplay (a stencil family inspired by the poster for the 1972 Steve McQueen/Ali MacGraw film The Getaway), Fragile Bombers (octagonal), Forgotten Futurist (techno sans, 19 styles), Bullpen (slab serif), Coolvetica, Duality, Good Times, Strenuous, Shlop (paint-drip style), Dirty Baker's Dozen (stencil), Junequil (VAG Rounded style), Owned (graffiti), Domyouji, Threefourtysixbvarrel (stencil), Enacti, Uniwars (futuristic, 16 styles).
- 2008: Madawaska (a rugged slab serif), Ebenezer (grunge), Gnuolane Stencil, Raincoat, Report School (avant garde sans), Jesaya, Carouselambra (art nouveau), Debusen (rounded), Barge (military font), Renju (2008, potato or rubber stamp print face), Otoboke (handlettered), Hit (informal hand), R6 D8 (futuristic sans family), Rexlia (an octagonal machinistic family), Hybrea (a display sans with TV screen rounding), Sweater School, Tussilago (2008, a neutral sans family), Presicav (extended sans), Hover Unit, Addlethorpe (grunge), Scheme (rounded sans), Usurp (bouncy poster lettering), Negotiate (technical sans family), Divulge, Sewn, Gnoulane (condensed sans), Moja, Teeshirt (old typewriter face), Pound (art deco marries grunge), Graveblade (heavy metal font), Synthemesc (psychedelic anti-Starbucks font), Chysotile (white on black grunge), Cardigan (sans), Gurkner (balloon style), Reagan (grunge).
- 2007: Tight (a copy of Dean Morris's 1976 Letraset chrome font Quicksilver), Headlight, Meloche (a 3-style grotesk), Octin Spraypaint (grunge stencil), Octin Vintage (grunge), Bouffant (script), Octin Prison (stencil), Octin Sports (octagonal), Octin College (octagonal, for sports jerseys), Octin Stencil (free octagonal font family), Burnaby Stencil (stencil), Superclarendon, Conceal, Ohitashi, Stud (grunge), Bristles (grunge), Skirt, Cotton (grunge), Kelvingrove (a bit of copperplate gothic, rounded and shaved), Augustine, Containment, Snowa, Veriox, Scrubby, Transmute, Sheaff, Injekuta (techno), Rinse (grunge), Polyflec, Domyouji (square sans), Winthorpe (old style), Cutiful (script), Flyswim (grunge), Dirtstorm (spray-painted stencil), Shnixgun (grunge), Neuzon (grunge), Oxeran (old typewriter), PRINTF (grunge all caps monospaced), Akazan (sans), Nyxali (a metal tag face), Meloriac (an extra bold Futura inspired face), Nesobrite (25 styles of Bank Gothic lookalikes), Meloriac (headline sans), Walnut (graffiti face), Gnuolane (a narrow sans), Edifact (a damaged computer font), Darkheart, Stampoo (squarish), Raymond (rough script), Hayate (oriental look), Telephoto. The entire Octin series is free at DaFont.
- 2006: Octynaz (grunge), Paltime (ornamented), Jolie Ecriture Desard (children's hand), Mango (comic book face), Desard (child's hand), Bulltoad, Lerku (eroded serif), Charbroiled (also eroded), Ceroxa (eroded stencil), Nagomi (a chiseled-look Asian font based on calligraphy of Chikako Suzuki from Nagoya), Whiterock, Yellande, Chilopod (a futuristic face inspired by the logo from the 1980s videogame, Atari Centipede), Order, Goldburg (based on a typeface by George Bowditch, 1957), Laserjerks (2006, brutalist), Milibus (futuristic), Bonobo (serifed), Ohitashi, Sarasori (TV-tube shaped face in the style of Oban), Structia (an octagonal family), Betaphid (octagonal), Gendouki (futuristic stencil), Slugger (athletic lettering), Marianas (a gorgeous art deco face), Lineavec (octagonal), Corzinair (serif family), Buxotic (a great caps face), Cinecav X (for closed caption TV and DVD), Salsbury (comic book face), Lonsdale (loosely based on a font called Parkway Script, which was designed by Emil Hirt in 1964), Alepholon (futuristic), Kwokwi, Mikadan (a tribute to Stephenson Blake's Verona from 1948, which was in turn based on William Dana Orcutt's Humanistic from 1904), Marion (a beautiful transitional family), Quasix (hookish), Skraype (grunge stencil), Bleeker (casual lettering), Linefeed (monospaced line printer font), Draculon (a casual face inspired by the letterforms of William Orcutt's humanistic font from 1904 which was in turn based on an Italian manuscript from 1485), Mahavishnu (a mix between 1970s psychedelics and art nouveau), Doradani (a corporate identity sans family), Korotaki (futuristic).
- 2005: Kadonk (a Halloween face), Report (a VAG-Rounded style face), Croteau (a poster face), Heroid (ook face), Barrista (informal script), Wyvern (sans serif), Wubble (like puddles of water), Caryn (casual script), Folder (a rigid sans family), Venacti (a futuristic family), Xenara (a keyboard lettering family), Emory (a destructionist sans family), Ligurino (neat sans&serif family), Biondi (update of Copperplate Gothic; followed in 2010 by Biondi Sans; these copperplate style faces are in the style of AT Sackers), Byington (Trajan column lettering), Sayso Chic, Expressway (28 weights, a highway signage family), Algol (pixel type), Meposa (fat display face), Tandelle (condensed), Vigo, Maychurch, Mecheria, Vactic (dot matrix), Zosma, Topstitch, Windpower, Llandru, Soap (a creative extension of Cooper Black, with dingbats), Kleptocracy (1999-2005), Owned, Rimouski (sans), Sinzano (sans with opentype ligatures galore; compare, e.g., House Ed Interlock), Zamora.
- 2004: Affluent, Threefortysixbarrel (stencil face), Tank, Telidon (dot matrix face), Funboy, Neuropol X, Neuropol Nova, Mufferaw (comic book face), Larabiefont, Zekton (techno), Strenuous 3D, Silentina (advertised as "a silent movie font"), Amienne (brush script), Fenwick Outline (free), Betsy Flanagan (1998, a keyboard face), Boopee (children's handwriting), Pirulen (in the general Bank Gothic style), Zalderdash.
- 2003: Zupiter, Blue Highway.
- Before 2002: the dot matrix family Telidon, Telidon Ink, the architectural font Jillican (octagonal), Snowgoose, Bomr, Pakenham, Neuropol, Nasalization, Fenwick, Kleptocracy DLX, Sui Generis, Dirty Bakers Dozen (faded stencil), Minya Nouvelle, Asterisp, Chinese Rocks, Jillsville (great artsy Courier), Ulian, Wevli (including Wevli Dingbats), Sappy Mugs (funny mugshots), Sofachrome (1999, inspired by Pontiac car emblems), Eden Mills (1999).
Catalog of the Typodermic library in decreasing order of popularity. [Google]
Aka The Butterfly, Vanessa Bays specializes in very clean hand-printed typefaces. Texan creator (b. 1982) in 2013 of All Things Pink, Sophmore Year, Diamond Girl, Always In My Heart, Georgia Belle, Chocolate Covered Raindrops, Miss Smarty Pants, Flower Power, Just for Giggles, Isabelle Layne, Cutie Patootie, Life's A Beach, VB Dings, Eternal Promise (upright connected script), The Urban Way (comic book font), Anjelika Rose, Jessica Elaine, My First Crush, A Gentle Touch, Penelope Loves Anne, You Make Me Smile, Simple Kind of Girl, Passing Notes, VB Dings, Wednesday, Bubble Letters, Panic Stricken, Yummy Cupcakes, Ribbon of Hope, Vanessa's Valentine, Scrapoholic, Curly Shirley.
Typefaces from 2012 include the free hand-printed typefaces Dazzling Divas, Smell The Roses, Urban Class (coic book style), Spring Rolls, Puppy Bellies, Too Tight, Daddy's Girl, Simplicity, Sloppy Hollow, Vanessa Loves You, Forget Me Not, Scrap It Up, Lilian, Caffeine, Sixteen, Kelli Lynn, By The Butterfly, Live Laugh Love, Little Miss Priss, LoveNess Three, Whisper a dream, Kenzie, Seriously, Hyperness, My Skinny Jeans, Love Me Forever, Sweetness, Workaholic, Connected (connect-the-dots face), Vannessa Marie, Christmas Eve, Lazy Day, Angel Toes, Fat Marker, Amanda Rae, Slopness, So Posh, I Lovers You, Wassup, DashNess, Chunkyness, Thinnyness, Bigness, Christmas Lightness, Lil Guy, Ness, LoveNess Two, Girl Next Door, Skinnyness, This Sux, VaNess, DotNess, LoveNess, Just Playin, Squishy, Cuteness.
Dafont link. Fontspace link. [Google]
Designer (aka Funk King, b. Fort Knox, KY) who lives in Orlando, FL, and/or Apopka, FL. He used FontStruct in 2008-2009 to make over 550 decorative fonts, and became one of the world's top experts on FontStruct, FontShop's on-line font editor. Most of his fonts were withdrawn in 2012. He did a few commercial typefaces at his commercial foundry, Funk King. His creations include
- A Bit Eccentric.
- Alphadings: On Hangers (2012, a commercial series that includes Pants on Hangers, etc), Dog Tag, Black Bird, Easter Egg Dots, Ser Egghead T. handlebar, Ovoidotta (now called Sniff), Play Book, BuddhaBuddha, Swizzle Sticks, Computer Backplate, Milky Way, Sprout, Football, Clapboard (for movie makers), Teed Off, Book Stack, Speaker Box, Ant Farm, Sound and Vision, Speaker Grill, Tom Tom, Caged Type, Conga Lounge, Spinal, Add Van, Frostruct, Picket Fence, Regatta, Cranestruct, Impossible Alphabet, Igloo Village, Mortar Board, Jack, Marionette, Golden Gate (+Short, +Solid), Crossed, Eff U ("the finger"!), Tall Big Top, Jackpot, Skulls&Cross Bones Redux, Crosshairs, Drama Club, Good Day Sunshine, Butterfly, Steps and Windows, Heartbroken, O Christmas Tree, Christmas Lights, Candle, Supper Time (alphadings of plates), Sands of Time (alphadings of hour glasses), Fishbones (commercial since 2012), Handy (alphading with hands), Hang Ten (feet alphadings) and High Five (hand alphadings), Armade and Ghost Ship Armada (ship alphadings), Cut Here (stitching alphadings), Schematic (electric circuit alphading), Masquerade, Mortar Board, Gear Bits, Gearswork, Hi-Lo Gears, Gears, Resistor, Gear Shift, Castle, Castle with Flags, Antique Keys, Rounded Keys, Pods, Piano Keys (+Alt, +Correct), Framework, Dixieland Jazz, Spats, and City of New Orleans (the last three are alphdings based on the same Victorian alphabet), Saturn, Piggy Bank, Voodoo Doll, Dice, Fist Bump.
- Antennas, Antennas Outline
- Arcostellati, Arcostellato, Arcangolo, Arcontorno (2011): a blackletter family.
- Architect, Ruled, Gridworks, Blueprint (Solid, Dashed), Quadular (+Serif), Isometric Modified (+Light, +Bold Outline), Isometric (a 3d gridded family: +Basic Latin, +Basic Latin Lite, +More Latin, +Bold, +Black).
- Art deco: Arc Neuvo (rounded letters), Arc Nuevo (2012, commercial), Toneelschuur (based on the letterhead created for the Theatre Toneelschuur Haarlem), Shift (bold), Eye Spy (this says Peter Sellers), Mod Squad.
- Avenue, Avenue Alphabet (white on black).
- Ball and Chain (neat), Ball Bearings
- Balls and Bats
- Banjo (2012).
- Barber Shop
- Beachwear (horizontally striped)
- Blackletter: Abbey
- Blanket Serif Caps, Blanket Sans Serif
- Block Inline Block
- Block Mosaic (great gridded letters)
- Blood Sweat&Tears
- Bolla Fratturato (2011): outlined blackletter face.
- Bolt, Bolted
- Bon Mots.
- Break, Balance Beam, After Party (2010).
- Bubble Zwrap (2010).
- Build A Bridge
- Buzz Kill
- Carp Black, Carp Blanc
- Caterpillar, Tall Caterpillar.
- Chain Gang, Krazy King
- Check Mate (checkered flag font).
- Cherry Bomb.
- Cinder Block (2010): a 3d face with texture thrown in.
- Circuit Board Solid, Circuit Board Outline, Circuit Board Outline Numbers, Circuit Board Simple, Micro Clean, Microcircuitz, Circuit Board Simple.
- Circus Maximus Outline
- Cirquela (2012). a non-FontStruct font, this is his first hand-printed typeface.
- Compass (+Plain)
- Connected scripts: Cruise, Jet Cruise (2009), Notched Script (upright, connected), Rough Script (italic, connected), square Script (pixelish, connected).
- Computer Backplate, Milky Way.
- Crimped Pincushion (2010).
- Crispy Inline (classy)
- Crooked Marker, Marker
- Crop Circles
- Curls And Twirls
- Cut Here
- Daisies (nice rounded square letters with painted daisies)
- Decoscriptic, Decoish.
- Diamonds Are Forever, Liberty (dot amtrix fonts)
- Didactic fonts: Back to School.
- Digital, Digital Whimsy (gorgeous fonts in which the meat of the glyphs is made up of 0's and 1's), Digital Italics, Digital Non-italics.
- Dingbats: Digital Biz Bitz (2012), Capitalist Pictograms (2012), Kapitalist Kit (2011), Weather System (2011), Twelve Days of Christmas (2010), Learning For Business (2010), Calder Symbols (2010), Mad Aliens (2010), FSEmoticons, Maven Pictograms, Temp (weather dings), Sports Wave, Bullet Arrows
- Dinner at 8
- Ditier Cycles (2010): a grunge version of J. Hughes's Dirt Cycles.
- Disco Ball, Disco Salvation.
- Doggie Tracks (2010).
- Dollars and Cents.
- Domestic Bliss (+Solid), Blissful Hearts (Valentine's Day alphadings).
- Domino, Dominodot
- Dot matrix fonts: Zephyrelli (2012), Yoyo (2012), Carousel (2011), Corsivo Punti (2011), Wisp (2011), Amusement (2011), Menagerie (2011), Junk (2011), Iphont (white on black dot matrix face), Lyrical (dot matrix script), Petits Pois, Elli, Industrial Magic, Wind Chime, Domestic Bliss (2010, +Serif, +Sans Serif), Ying Yang (2009)
- Double Decker
- Eau de Kerning.
- Efficiency (2010).
- Eiffel family: mechanical.
- eq Regular, eq Radio Waves, eq Tight.
- Erector Set (2010).
- Extension Cord
- Fairy Tale (curly)
- Fast Cars, Fast Lane, Fast Forward
- Fifty Famous Fairy Tales (bi-lined and bejeweled)
- Flair Ornate, Flaired Script, Flair, Flaired
- Floor Plan
- Flash (gridded face)
- Folk Art (wooden plank simulation)
- Font Troll
- Fractal, Wireframe, Hemisphere, Origami (now Mummification): experiments in glyph partitioning.
- Funk, Funky palms
- Gemstone (letters in a mosaic)
- Glyphs made from broken objects: Broken Combs, Broken Glasses
- GI Joe
- Grid1, Grid2, Pas De Grille Pli Isométrique (+Plombé), Grille Noir Pli Isométrique (+Plombé), Grille Intrépide Pli Isométrique (+Plombé), Grille Facile Pli Isométrique (+Plombé).
- Grunge faces: Feather (2010).
- Gummy (2010).
- Happily Ever After (2010).
- Heath Robinson (gorgeous mechanical font).
- Hexcavated (2010).
- High Anxiety.
- High Wire (dotted).
- Honeycomb Black (hexagonal).
- Horizontally Phased (like IBM logo from afar), Vertically Phased, Field Goal.
- Hot Diggity Dog (2010): a monoline rounded sans.
- Inline: Hi-Fi Deco, Track (+Filled), Crispy Inline
- Imperfect Optical Experiment.
- Ironside, Ironworks.
- Isomixed (+Inline, +Inverted, +Light, +Inline Light), Isomixerd Moire (nine textured styles).
- Jacks (2010): a stitching font.
- Jelly Bean series: I's, Wide, O's, Split
- Jolly Swash 9+Tall, +Tall Wide Tail).
- Kaleidoscope, Kaleidoscope Solid
- Kitchen tile faces: MadisonAveAvenue (2010), Edgar Fernhout (2012).
- Last Days Of Summer, Endless Summer, Beach.
- Lattice, Lattice Black
- Little Miss Muffet.
- Love, Love Letters
- Metroliner and Metroliner Deluxe.
- MICR fonts: Wedge Solid.
- Mitered, Zietgeist: striped 3d faces.
- Modern Ancient (chiseled font imitation)
- Molecular (+Complex, +Complex 1), Dense Molecular Complex (1 through 5), Molecular Architecture, Tessellation 1 (+Continuous), Tessellation 2.
- Monkey Bars.
- Montreal (+Italics)
- Monumental, Less Monumental,
- Mortar Booted (+Thick, Separated, Mission, Booted Mission).
- Music fonts: Fret Full (2010), Fret Station (2010).
- Mystere (2012, grunge).
- Octovision Remix
- Open&Shuttered Day, Open&Shuttered Night
- Oriental simulation/look: Shoji Pixel, Shoji Stage&Screen Soapbox, Chinese Democracy, Asian Influence.
- Origami City (2010): formerly Simply Elevated Black. Simple Elevation (2012) is in the same family.
- Outline Habitat
- Pallina (2010, + Stampino, +Diluente).
- Palm, Tall Palm
- Paperclip faces: Neue Werner Paperclip (2012).
- Piccadilly (2010).
- Pixel Dust, Pixels Dusted
- Pop Arc (2010). In the same style: Conveyor Belt, Milk Bottle, Cookie Cutter, Erector Set (2010).
- Popsicle Sticks (nice vertically striped glyphs).
- Playbook (2010).
- Power Grid, Power Gridlocked
- Process This (2010) and Flowcahrt (2010): based on graphs of computer programs.
- Pump Boys (2010).
- Quagmire (2010)
- Radio Waves
- Razorback Block
- Receipt (2012): a dot matrix face.
- Regular Habitat
- Remixintag (2011, a clone of Wallachia by Intaglio).
- Ribbodini (2010, ribbon font).
- Road Trip
- Sausalito Nautica (2011).
- Say What? (Exaggerated ink trap face)
- Scaffoldini (2010): a 3d gridded face. Followed by Scaffo (2012), Scaffoldini Senza Griglia (2010), Scaffoldini Ascendente Contrario SG, Scaffoldini Ascendente Senza Griglia, Scaffoldini Contrario Senza Griglia, Scaffoldini Ascendente, Scaffoldini Contrario, and Scaffoldini Ascendente Contrario, Scaffoldini Prospettico (+Contrario, +SG).
- Scripts: Diode (+Dioded, Diodoubled, Diodocked, Diodedocked, Diodiced), Scherzando, Fontstitution, Rough Script, Scriptilicious, Whipped Cream, 45 Degrees.
- Skulls, Skully
- Slice N dice
- Small Wonder, Small World
- Snowflake (2010).
- Soma (2009): 3d letters mades from cubes.
- Spooky Eyeballs (2009).
- Stained Glass, Stained with Cross
- Stencil fonts: GI Joe, Kid's Stencil (white on black), Black Tie, Matchstick, Stensei, Stencillated, Tri-Fold, Tri-Fold Cut, Tri-Fold Rounded, Stencil, Stencil Plate, Stencil Face, Semi Stencil, Psuedo Stencil, Psychedelic Stencil.
- Stitching fonts: Sampler
- T-Shirts on a Clothesline
- Swamp Frog and Tadpole: artsy fat letters
- Swamp Funk, Mojo (curly letters)
- Tall Habitat
- Techno look: Technified, Slick, Tangential (2010).
- Tanqueray (2010): octagonal face.
- Teepee (wood look)
- Tennis themed: Racket, Net Ball, World Cup.
- Tetrominoes Black (2010): a 3d face cloned from TP2 Marriott's Tetrominoes.
- Texture fonts: Global (2011, globes), SS Half Tone (One, Two, Three), SS Watermark, SS Silk Screen (2010). These brush texture faces were cloned from Swifted Strokes by Mike Lee. Tramarada (2011) has a stunning woven look.
- The Adventure of the Dancing Men (2011, dingbats).
- The Big Top
- The Real McCoy
- Timpani, Timpaniless, Timpaniblok, Alien Crop Circles (outer space face).
- Toothpaste (2011): imitating oozing toothpaste.
- Trapezoidot, Zoidot, Dotz (dotted faces).
- Upright connected scripts: Madie (2009)
- Valentine's fonts: Hearts and Flowers, Hearts and Arrows, Keys to your Heart, Bed of Hearts
- Vapors and Mirage: evaporating glyphs.
- Vibration (2010). This multiline typeface was followed by Echo (2010).
- Victorian fonts: Alouette, Swamp Funk
- WPA Household Arts Stripes, WPA Household Arts Chex, WPA Household Arts (poster stencil face)
- Wee The People, Small World.
- Werner Paperclip (2009), Paperclip (2010): paperclip faces after a 1974 original by Ad Werner.
- Western fonts: Bolo (2010), Bow Tie (2010), Bowl (2010), Western Doodle, Sparky, Buckaroo, Diamond Buckaroo, Saloon and Desert Rose. Western style alphadings: Cart Before The Horse, Wagon Train
- White on black faces: Tabs, Dot Keys, Rounded Keys, Block Keys, Keys.
- Wim Crouwel-related fonts: Unknown Crouwel #1, Edgar Fernhout (a Wim Crouwel tribute font in kitchen tile style taken from a 1963 poster), Kalender 1976 Letters (octagonal based on a Wim Crouwel calendar from 1976), Kalender 1976, Brusselmans (based on a Wim Crouwel poster), Rabobank (based on a Wim Crouwel poster), Brabant (based on a Wim Crouwel poster)
- Woodcut, Woodcut Recut, Woodcut Banjo.
- Yay Team
- Zebeast (Zebra-striped letters)
- Zodiac Block
In 2012, he added these fonts at MyFonts: Architect, Carousel, Check Mate, Cobblestones, Cruise, Dog Tag, Domestic Bliss, Fifty Famous Fairy Tales, Fratturato Digitale (pixelish blackletter face), Ghost Town, Jackpot, Jelly Bean, Keyboard, Kingdom (a castle font), Lagniappe (Victorian), Lyrical, Madie, Menagerie, Q Typ, Scaffo, Sprinkle, Stained Glass, Sweet Valley, Toothpaste, Vibration MF, Yoyo, Zephyrelli.
Klingspor link. Dafont link. Fontspace link. Additional URL. Myfonts link. MyFonts foundry link.
View Wilson Thomas's commercial typefaces. [Google]
Wolf Lambert (WLM Fonts) is the designer in Tielt, Belgium, of these free fonts in 2012: Jason's Bowling, Number 19000, Begin From A, Banana, Exodus Gothic, Fixton Gothic, WLM Boring Old Teletext, WLM Connecto, WLM Poster Type, WLM Sketch Cool, WLM Small Caps, WLM Robbe Sans (octagonal), WLM Future Round, WLM Hello Sans, Display Gothic (a large textured or neon sign family), Fondel, WLM Road Sans, Hook Gothic, Festival (marquee typeface family), Headline Gothic (octagonal), Fontstruct Gothic, WLM 1F (octagonal), King Sans (+Stencil: mechanical), WLM Slab Serif, Wood Block One, 4th Street Sans, Ice Sans, WLM Nova Sans (pixelized), WLM Grid Font, WLM The Quick Brown Fox (a chiseled face), WLM Pixel Party (a set of 22 pixel fonts), WLM The Font Troll, Yent Notes, Kilimanjaro One, WLM Happy Icons, Number 18000, Soft Micro (techno font), Let's Go Digital (an LED typeface), Autocars & Rolling Bikes (sans), Cool Book Sans, Midas Script, WLM Smileyface, Silent Film Frame, WLM Black, WLM Idea, Thomas Sans, and Wolf Sans (rounded sans family), Dolores Cortez (brush font), WLM Exvwreff, WLM Web Iconized.
Some of his fonts are made with FontStruct.
Typefaces made in 2013: Simonschrift (fat finger typeface), Moonphase (pixel face), WLM Braille, WLM Stencils, Alien Alphabet, Hyperdigital (octagonal family), Wagon Sans (912 styles), WLM Print Failed, Hyperdigital (heavy octagonal face), WLM Poster Rounded, WLM Building, WLM Carton (mechanical/octagonal), WLM Cloudly (pixel face).
Fontspace link. Another Fontspace link. Old URL. FontStruct link. [Google]
Max Infeld (b. 1981, aka Xerographer Fonts) from Chico, CA, makes free fonts and ofers a free font making service. He surged onto the font scene in 2012.
Creations in 2012: Perspect (3d face), Nuevo Stencil, Dingus, Dirty Serif, Skinny Serif, Batt Marber, Hollavetica (2012, grunge), Stick Tickle, Carve Your Table (20120, Stripe Fest (2012, 3d, handprinted), Craycray For You, Feed The Bears, Yummy Nubs, Yum Nub Extended, Sleeping in Lecture (2012, informal 3d face), Zombie Checklist (2012, handprinted), Lisas First Class (2012, handprinted), Stick Four, Two Stick, Spacetime, Drunk Tattoo, Bantum Caps (2012, handprinted stencil face), Funny Zebra, Sick Future (2012, grungy), Fuzzy Handcuffs, Black Spiral, Happy Caps, Come Party, Hellawood, Chronic Gothic, Ice Cream Party, Grassevent (2012, texture face), Electrical (2012, letters cracked by lightning), Rockster, Strungout, Bubbletea (2012, bubblegum font), Yumernub, Nighthour, Pointy, Simplehand, Linerstencil, Stickchop, Tapetype, Rolling Deep (2012, based on arcs of circles), Pony Rides, Bambu, Stolen Script, Secret Sauce, Eighties, Negative, Turds, Identify (2012, a fingerprint font), Another Party, Mighty Roping, Copy Stand, Cloudstorm, Teardrops, Friends Forever, Delicious Applepie (texture face), Crackvetica, Stormtime (grungified face), Therp (2012: 3d face), Spookies, Freeline (3d engraved face), Super Serious, Robot Shadow (2012: 3d face), Great Arrows, Great Shadow (2012: textured face), Alien Fur, Graffical, Bent Out, Splatish, Seamonster, Thirds Hand (2012: 3d outline face), Particle Physics, Poster Script (2012: rough script), Badazzle (2012, texture face), Serifvetica, Make Impact (2012, a 3d headline typeface), Stenciltration, Naughty Pipe, Qrurl, FunHaus, Flame Time, Steller Script, Summer Festival (2012, grungy caps), Major Earthquake (2012, grungy outline text face), Hot Sweat (2012, texture face), Metal Crime (2012, a cracked marble typeface), Summer Blacktop, Great Farmer, an angular typeface, Lucky Scratcher, Future Moon (textured face), Shatter Web (2012, a glaz krak face), Power Play (2012, another glaz krak face), Magic Crystal (2012, yet another glaz krak typeface), Rough Cut, Rock Harder (2012, texture face), Shred Hard, Clock Work, Major Veins, Paint Scratch, Break Away, Quick Comic, Summer Scriptastic, Absolute Money, Brush Sand, Playhouse, Pleasure Wash, Meat Market (dripping blood font), Paper Folder, Scratchingly, Fresh Sticks, FunTrucks, Quick Rodeo, Poster Bold, Open Bars (horizontal stripes), Outline Twelve, Spot Event (grungy outline face), Final Slash (textured typeface), Munchies, Meltasstic, Some Bubbles, French Sugar (very curly script), Cream Cone, Zap Deal, Crack Snacks, High Method, Crack Bars, Wall Fresh, Star Wonder, CurlyQue, Summer Script, Happy Lines, Just Marker, Solid Marker, Straight Hand, Wurm Fun, Rave Time (sketched face), Graff Caps, Erect Angle (outlined and hand-printed), Circle Caps, Story Time, Upper Side, Lower Side, Tech Haus (sketched), Boneyard, Status Update, Eigth Grade (sic), Table Shank, Serial Lover, Freaky Night (blood drip font), Future Girlfriend, Summer Scare, Faster Stronger, Smoking Cracks (texture face), After School, Cutting Edge, Animal Cracker, Sticky Mad, Comic Chub, Right Way, RockLess, CleanFade, Exploded Capital, Size Matters, EightBite, Extra Dimension, Cap Scratched, FanCom, Optic Nerd, Spooky Stencil, Five Dozen, Great Mix, LowCase, Swirl Insertion, Lube Splash, Organic Vines, Fall Greetings, Plant Type, Fast Brush, Hair Bows, Limo Caps, Bold Shake, Path Check, PopCap, Angle Stroke, Scratch Point, China Town (oriental simulation), Gunky Ick, Super Fade (textured), Practical Script, Delicious Outline, Fourth Dimension, College Scribble (sketch font), Dirty Western, Freeky Typewriter, Creature Builder, Bang Time (a rough brush), Fall Harvest (sketch face), EuroParty, Fire Proof, Eye Scare, Empire Caps, Pleasure Castle (a great barbed face), Scribble Time (sketched font), Star Rising (poster font), Dottline, Euro Horror, Metal Show (metal band font), Fantastic Sunset, Toxic Waste, Alien Waffle (textured face), Rewind Forward, Stitchy Times, Snug Bum, Star Fishy, Ghost Clouds, Epic Slash, Childs Persprective, Thin Fine, Metal Event (chiseled face), Tight Box, Saber Husk, Major Scare, Terminal Event, Pirates Bay, Wicked Cockney, Great Splunk, Diamond Cut, Treehause Horror, Indie hand, Sweet Revenge, Chronical Script, Peaceful Violence, Basic Header, Hand Work, Ninja Turtle, AquaColor, Furry Sack, Mad Style, Alien Dot, Dirty Feature, Wine Basement (connected script), Pen War (scratchy script), Angelina, Skate Around, Wide Thin (brush face), Frisky Vampire, SuperBling, Chronic Harvest, Fur Handcuffs, Darth Fader (textured face), House Rave, Snow Frosting, Post News, Straight Baller (white on black poster face), Heavy Weight, Angry Nerds (brush face), Future Style (hand-printed 3d face), Liner34, Tweak Diner, Frosty Holiday, Zap Control, Kids Outline, Shock Treatment, Flesh Digster, Shredding Harder (grungy scratchy typeface), Metal Chakra (barbed wire face), Childs Funtime, Super Cut, Holy Scriptacular, Tangent Print, Chung Flew, Lucky Money, Oven Bread, Soda crack, Quick Dirty, Victory Cut, College Dropout (athletic lettering), Comic Shadow, Mystery Forest (sketched), Code Danger, Slash King, Phat Rave (sketched), Tiger Tails, Major Rules, Cloud Home, Flower Header (floriated caps), Tiny Friends, Tasty Sundae, Leaking Type, Saturday Evening, Agenda Clash, Tripple Dots, Plain Handline, Cutefold, Gift Exchange, Reaganald Script, Broadway Event (marquee face), Gotfaded (textured face), Disco Rush, Some Lines, Inside Flower, Scratch This, Alien Sweater (stitch font), Fantom Bantum, Stripe Fun, Thrift Store, Legit Outline, Country Gold, Chrome Fancy, Barnyard Massacre (Treefrog style), Holiday Event, Art Times, Flesh Shop, Heart Baller, Free Kittenz, CreamPuff, Outline Around, Quivering Noodle, Rocking Lines, Tugboat, Comic Bubble, Hand Shadow, Sans College, Winter Ice, Cutout Poster, Woodblock Cutter, Handy Stencil, Dirty Cursive.
The following typefaces were designed by Matt Barber: Gateway Drug (2013), Crankdeal (2012, a handprinted poster face), Mad Caps, Third Leg (multiline typeface), Late Nights, Sewn Tight (2012, stitch font), Black Widow (2012).
The following typefaces were codesigned with Dylan Tellesen in 2012: Dingleberry (+Solid), Threed, Brushingtons, Excellent Stencil, Handrelief, Partyline, Basic Chrome, Spot Lights, Big Spit, Code Bars, Color Blind, Skullvetica, Diamond Plate, Blambu, Hounds, Knity (texture face), Eightballer, Another Line (a basic straight-edged monoline sans), Rocking Poster, Robotic Revolution, Organic Nature, Underground Event, Surf Shack, Greater Shadow, Razor Slice, Big Print (textured face), Scripty Caps.
Typefaces made in 2013: Taste Bomb (textured face), Brighten Days, Supergraf (a brushy graffiti face), Last Hand, Spring Ninja (brush face), Circuit City, Global Village, Yard Gnome, Lite Hand, Metal Block (Zero, Two, Three: scanbats), Indie Rock, Ancient Story, Super Drag, Slight Rocking, Over Scribble, Quickly Caps, Crack Deco, Victory Time (faded formal script), Futuristic Outline, Another Student, More Party, Brush Grunge, Zipper Fries, Diamond Lux, Splatter Funtime, Durh Shapes, Frosty Winter, Whole Space, BlockWood, Soda Water, Magic Scribble, Seaming Stitchy, Thrash Party, Line Fever, Great Bush, Right Price, Tight Carve, American Freedom, Jimbos Print, Quick Cut (faded face), Super Cracks (glaz krak face), More Party, Half Faded (textured face), Charcoal Script, Future Lines, Dot Outline, Half Tones, Shady Walk, Quick Slash, School Notes (sketched face), Block Party, Wonderful Party, Heart Stripe, Heart Beat, Heart Hole, Paint Balls, Golden Lights, Spring Party (texture face), Shockvetica (glaz krak face), Safe Paper, Sword Fighting, Camo Wear (textured face), Disco Night (art deco), Reverse Frick, Scratchy Fun (sketched), Fun Origami, Special Exit, Kid Print, an old typewriter collection (Dirty Olympia, Sterling Keys, SuperKeys, Quiet Type, Hermes Rocket, Double Studio, Light Fingers), Designer Pixels, Beauty Salon (Treefrog script), Headshot, Mega Bone, Fantastic Habits, Fridge Letters (textured), Kids Blocks (scanbats), Theater Event (grunge), Circle Pixels, Taste Bomb, Kite High, Run Away (3d) Dirty Coal (brushy), Dot Sticks, Twerk Fifty, Dance Lights (textured), Steam Rose (textured), Donkey Punch, Fold Line (origami), Tiger Nuts (textured), Fun Bear, Standard Header (letterpress, 3d), Marble Wasteland, Bender Lines, Magical Springtime, Open Hatch (hand-printed), Retro Tastic, Space Zombie (hand-printed), Mad Triangle (textured typeface), Sweaty Party (a fun sketched typeface), Freaky Manor (gothic typeface), Special Brand (texture face), Western Clown, Company Problem, Derp Icons.
Dafont link. [Google]