| || |
Sergiy Tkachenko (b. 1979, Khrystynivka, Cherkasy region, Ukraine) lives in Kremenchuk, Ukraine, and has been a prolific type designer since 2008. Sergiy graduated from Kremenchuk State Polytechnic University in computer systems and networks in 2007. Various other URLs: Microsoft link, Identifont, 4th February, Behance, Klingspor link, Revision Ru, Russian creators, CPLUV Fontspace, Twitter. Kernest link. Sergey Tkachenko's typefaces:
- 2008: the techno faces Bladi One 4F, Bladi One Slab 4F, Bladi Two 4F, Abia Wide 4F Thin.
- 2009: Zantiqa (an über-serif), Serifiqo (a (free) thin didone fashion mag display face), Codename Coder 4F (monospace programming font), Droporado 4F (using circles only), Tovstun (futuristic, ultra-fat and rounded), Perfocard 4F, Modularico (five modular faces based on a logo from Master Kremenchug a company for which Sergiy worked for 4 years), Boldesqo Serif 4F (a splendid informal fat didone, now with Greek support), Tkachenko Sketch, Unicase Slab (a techno slab), Laftatic, Logofontik 4F (techno), PC.DE Stencil (+Italic; custom stencil font), Stenciliqo 4F, Tiap Liap 4F (handwriting), Nut Kit 4F, Rezzzistor 4F, Wrongo 4F, the inline modular face Grand Hotel, and Bijou 4F.
- 2010: PädIn (a custom typeface for Pädagogische Initiative e.V.: rounded fat informal face), Fat Quad (in the fatty trend), Veselka (a free multiline face), Smeshariki Black (+ Gleams: a bubble gum font made for an animation company), Republica 4F (a fat family), Rodeqa Slab 4F, ComFi (semi-octagonal), Grotesqa 4F, Nowy Geroy 4F, Fabryka 4F (a monospaced typewriter family), Placarto4F-Italic (an ultra fat art deco), Lavina 4F (a hairline sans with lachrymal terminals).
- 2011: Model 4F Unicase (a unicase fat didone released in 2013 only), Fontatigo 4F, Kylie 4F (bilined and geometric), Waldemar 4F (a large didone style fat face family), Dinesqo (2011, a monoline sans of utter simplicity), Qargotesk (+Cyrillic) [images: i, ii, iii, iv], Neultica 4F (black unicase family), Squartiqa 4F (2011, constructivist), Clarenta 4F Black (after Clarendon---a great family), Designosaur (free sans), Perfopunto (based on perforated circles and squares), OlaScript 4F, Bayadera 4F (a tamed upright monoline script), Febrotesk4FUnicase (squarish unicase family).
- 2012: Targo 4F (rounded face with stencil and non-stencil styles), Myra (free font), Myra 4F Caps (free), Cedra (wide monolined sans face), Fontatica 4F (rounded techno grotesk), Akzentica 4F, Ukraintica 4F Wide (a monoline wide-bowled sans family), Laventa 4F, Sports World (free athletic lettering font), Web Serveroff (free computer geek font), Octin Spraypaint Cyrillic (a rough stencil done exclusively for Ninja Theory).
- 2013: Condesqa (modular sans), Esqadero (an uncomplicated monoline sans), Vanyla 4F Unicase (monoline), Esqadero FF CY (a free wide sans, Cyrillic), Bond (a confident no-frills sans), Attentica (free sans font for Latin and Cyrillic), Cedra 4F Wide Thin.
- Cyrillizations: several typefaces such as Lavoisier (by Alec Julien), Budmo Jiggler (Ray Larabie) and JoAnne Display (Sandy Cerovich), Gnuolane (of a Ray Larabie font), Paranoid Cyrillic (based on Kevin Lo's Paranoid), Movavi Grotesque Black (+Cyrillic; image; numerals), Azoft Sans (made for Azoft, and free here).
- Custom fonts: Blue Pill, Sansus Webissimo (since 2011 free at Open Font Library), Minaeff ECT (2011, a free legible family for Latin and Cyrillic, custom-made for and downloadable from WebhostingRating.com), Web Serveroff, Movavi Grotesque, Azoft Sans, PÄd In, Smeshariki, Fat Cow, Comfi, PC.de, League Gothic Cyrillic, Paranoid Cyrillic, 28 Days Later Cyrillic, Acid Label Cyrillic, Dead Secretary Cyrillic, Rezland Cyrillic, Sweet Leaf Cyrillic, Droid Cyrillic, Jo Anne Display Cyrillic, Gnuolane Free Cyrillic, Bosox Cyrillic, Budmo Jiggler Cyrillic.
- Typefaces from 2014: Glasoor (2014: free oil spill or jelly bean font), Robotesqa.
Abstract Fonts link. Dafont link. Behance link. Hellofont link.
View Sergiy Tkachenko's fonts. [Google]
Valencia, Spain-based creator of the Bauhaus-inspired monoline geometric rounded sans typeface Bowhouse (2013, free), the retro futuristic typeface AC Brodie (2013, free), the free art deco typeface AC Mountain (2013), the 3d face AC Framed (2013), the film strip typeface AC Filmstrip (2013, free), a href="AdrianCandela-ComicRunes-2013.png">Comic Runes (2013, rune simulation), Scribbled (2013), and the hexagonal typeface Bee Type (2013, +Filled, +outline).
Newsense (2013) is an art deco typeface that extends Milton Glaser's Film Sense (1968).
Romaji Mincho (2013) is a free Asian simulation font based on the style of the Mincho typeface. Rhyder (2013) is a great (free) geometric 1930s style sans typeface. Martell (2013) is a free general purpose slab serif family.
AC Big Serif (2013) is a free rounded wedge serif typeface. AC Thermes (2013) is a sans display typeface.
Typefaces from 2014: AC Wanita (hand-drawn).
Dafont link. Fontspace link. [Google]
Måns Grebäck (Aring Typeface, Örebro, Sweden) is a prolific Swedish designer (b. Lindesberg, Sweden, 1990), who lives in Borlänge, Sweden. Måns Grebäck has a bachelor's degree in graphic design from the University of Dalarna (2012). In 2010, he went commercial, and started selling fonts through MyFonts. In 2011 he started Mawns Design. In 2013, that was renamed to Aring Typeface. In 2011 he already had over seven million downloads of his fonts, which were featured at websites such as Dafont and Myfonts. He also does custom type work. His typefaces, both free and commercial:
- Amplify (2013). A signage script.
- Angilla Tattoo (2013). a connected spurred tattoo typeface.
- Antlers (2012). A calligraphic script.
- Arachnids (2011, graffiti face)
- Barkants (2011, elegantly hand-printed family)
- Beautiful Trouble (2012). A rabbit-eared upright connected script.
- Beaked Tyrant (2014). A copperplate calligraphic script.
- Beckasin (2011, signage face)
- Before The Rain (2011, calligraphic).
- Billion Stars (2013). A tattoo script font.
- Bira (2012). A retro connected brush / signage script.
- Black Fox (2014). A sirupy brush face.
- Blockography (2011)
- Block Talk (2011, with Zaydek Michels-Gualtieri)
- Blods (2011, a great blotty brush face)
- Botanink (2011)
- Brannboll (2011, baseball signage face; Brannboll Ny was done in 2013), Brannboll NY (2013).
- Bready (2011). A retro signage script with art nouveau aroma.
- Brother Tattoo (2012).
- Bumblebees (2012). A plump curvy script.
- Calendary Hands (2012).
- Caneletter Sans and Script (2013). Upright unconnected and connected scripts.
- Castro Script (2012).
- Celebrater (sic) (2012). An oily font.
- Cellos Script (2013).
- Centeria Script (2012).
- Channel (2011, connected upright script)
- Characteristic (2011). Additional image.
- Chavenir (2011).
- Clear Line (2012). A fat finger / signage typeface.
- Clipper Script (2011).
- Coneria Script (2012). A connected script.
- Crackin (2011)
- CutScript (2011, connected script)
- Echinos Park Script (2012).
- Ekologie Hand (2012).
- Enlighten (2011)
- Delinquente (2012).
- Denigan (2011, hairline)
- Equal Sans (2012).
- Espesor Olas (2011, fine handprinted calligraphic family)
- Europe Underground (2010, geometric sans with a hairline weight)
- Faltura (2011, constructivist), Faltura Alien (grunge), Faltura Guerra (grunge)
- Faltura Animals (2011)
- Feathergraphy Decoration (2011, calligraphic).
- Dollie Script (2013).
- Feathergraphy Clean (2011).
- Fibography (2013). A caps face composed of fibers.
- Filbert Brush (2012), Filbert Color (2013, a soft brush font).
- First Lyrics (2011)
- Frankentype (2013). An all-caps brush face for signage.
- Funkygraphy (2011, fat and counterless)
- Ghang (2011, graffiti family).
- Greback Grotesque (2012). The Thin is very very thin.
- Gretoon (2011, cartoon family)
- Handtalk (2010, silhouettes)
- Harbell (2013).
- Hard Block (2011, Western slab face)
- Hemmet (2013). A signage script.
- Hitalica (2011), Housegrind (2013, connected script).
- Impregnable (2013). A connected script.
- Intrique Script (2013). A baseball script.
- Jacked Eleven (2011), Jacked Eleven Highlight (2011), January Script (2013).
- Kerater (2011, sans)
- Lace 2.0 (2012). A thin connected script codesigned with Matteo Milazzo.
- Lakesight (2014). A connected script.
- Las Enter (2013). A neon light script.
- Let Me Ride (2011)
- Levitee (2011, a lively connected script).
- Lighthouse (2013). A bold high-contrast script face.
- Lina Script (2012). A tattoo script done with Vicky Mardian.
- Lyrics Movement (2011, tall-ascendered hand).
- Masteries (2013). A connected formal script.
- Milkyway Hotel (art deco sans).
- Monsta Tag (2013): a graffiti font.
- Motion Picture (2013). A heavy connected retro script.
- Mount (2012).
- MAWNS Graffiti (2010) and MAWNS Serif (2010)
- MAWNS Handwriting (2010).
- Made With B (2011, sketched face).
- Mardian (2012). A calligraphic tattoo script done with Vicky Mardian.
- Markera (2011, marker pen family)
- Many Weatz (2011)
- Mawns Rock (2011)
- Monoment (2011). A fat upright connected script.
- Notera (2014). A connected handwriting font.
- Optien (2011, techno face)
- Ordinatum (2011, a severe sans)
- Ornamental Versals (2011, ornamental caps)
- Pennybridge 1563 (2010, blackletter)
- Pharmount (2014). A calligraphic connected script.
- Phraell (2013). A great italic formal calligraphic script with optional swashes.
- Pineapple (2012).
- Prime Script (2012).
- Prognostic (2011)
- Quickier Pro (2012). A swashy calligraphic script face.
- R-2014 (2011, LED face)
- Radio 187.5 (2010, techno family)
- Recorda Script (2013). A formal calligraphic script.
- Reditum (2014). A decorative script.
- Remachine Script (2013). Retro signage script.
- Respective (2011, calligraphic script, +Swashes)
- Rider (2011, a 30-style "versal" sans family)
- Ringer (circle and arc-based sans)
- Roskrift (2011, calligraphic; + Roskrift Clean)
- Ruthless Wreckin (graffiti faces), Ruthless Drippin' (dripping paint family)
- Sculptor's Hand (2011, connected chancery hand)
- Second Lyrics (2011, Treefrog-style handwriting)
- Servin' for Salute (2011)
- Shipped Goods (2011). A copperplate calligraphic script.
- Shortbrush (2011)
- Signerica (2011, connected flowing hand)
- Sketchica (2011, sketchy face)
- Society Editor (2013, connected script).
- Snacker Comic (2013).
- Snowstreet (2013, an octagonal typeface) and Snowy (2013).
- Some Weatz (2011, calligraphic, copperplate; +Swashes)
- Southern Aire (2013, connected script face).
- Square Worm (2011)
- Stainy (2013). A signage script.
- Stroke Dimension (2011, 3d face)
- Suecos Locos (2011---yummy!).
- Sultan Cafe (2014). An interlocking poster typeface.
- Sverige Script (2012). Calligraphic wedding font.
- Tamoro Script (2014).
- Tevegraphy (2011, elliptical)
- The World is Yours (2011, quaint)
- Throwupz (2011)
- Tipbrush Script (2011).
- Top Comic (2013). A very fat cartoon bubble face.
- Treehouse (2011, upright connected script; +Snowhouse for a snow-covered version)
- Tusch Touch 1 (2011)
- Two and Three (2011: a tattoo parlor blackletter family)
- Typographic Onedalism (2011, graffiti simulation face)
- Ventography (2013). A bold signage script.
- Walk Da Walk One
- Wankstaberg Battles (2010, a tall fat script)
- Wild Growth (2011).
- Xtreem (2012).
- Yanty, Yanty Big, Yanty Script, and Yanty Script Big (2012).
- Yoghurt (2011).
View Mans Grebäck's typefaces.
Abstract Fonts link. Fontspace link. MyFonts link. Another URL. Dafont link. Klingspor link. Buy fonts directly from Måns Grebäck. Old URL. [Google]
CAT Design Wolgast
Wolgast-based type designer Peter Wiegel (b. 1955) runs CAT Design Wolgast. Designer of these free fonts:
- In 2014: Incopins Clusters (multilined typeface).
- In 2013: Spartakus (+Round), Cut Me Out (white on black sans), 5by9 (dot matrix face), Tartlers End (high-contrast ball terminal face), Alpha 54 (rounded flared script face), Chunk Five Ex (slab serif; he writes: With permission of Meredith Mandel, the original author of the ASCII-Font Chunk Five, I have extended Chunk Five Ex to a full featured unicode font with all figures used in Latin and Cyrillic writing), Simple Print (simple sans), Fette Bauersche Antiqua (a didone fat face), Manuskript Gothisch (after Manuskript Gotisch (1899, Bauersche), which was modeled after Wolfgang Hopyl's 1514 Textura), Quast (hairy font).
- Still in 2013, he published a number of school scripts, including Neue Rudelskopf, Deutsche Normalschrift, Imrans School, Rastenburg (German school font), and Bienchen.
- In 2012: Hardman (connected fifties script), Immermann (a quaint slab serif), Quast (grunge), Fundamental Brigade (sans family), DiffiKult (a bilined face), Men Nefer (a Memphis lookalike), Fette Unz Fraktur (like Fette Fraktur), Mutter Krause (for the reconstruction of the 1929 silent movie "Mutter Krausens Fahrt ins Glück", where it is used for intertitles, that where missing. The font is redrawn from the original intertitles), Youbilee (a font with laurels).
- In 2010: Alfabilder (dingbats), Gondrin (athletic lettering with a 3d effect), HelvetiaVerbundene (making Helverica into a school script?), Proletarsk (a grotesk face), Vis-à-vis (great idea--a double-storied serif face), ApolloASM (Victorian), BertholdrMainzerFraktur, Doergon-Regular (license plate font), DoergonBackshift, DoergonShift, Eureka (Victorian, ornamental face), GoeschenFraktur (1880-style Fraktur used in Sammlung Göschen books), Makushka, MakushkaKontura, MakushkaQuadriga, MakushkaSecunda, Moderne3DSchwabacher, ModerneGekippteSchwabacher, StrassburgFraktur, TGL0-16 (same as DIN 16), TGL0-17 (same as DIN 17), TGL0-17Alt, Tank (emblems of gas companies), EricaType-Bold, EricaType-BoldItalic, EricaType-Italic, EricaType-Regular (typewriter), ErikaOrmig, Fibel Vienna (2012, a high-legged sans), GreifswalderTengwar-Regular, GreifswalerDeutscheSchrift (German Schreibschrift), Midroba-Regular (a strong mechanical octagonal face), MidrobaSchatten, MMX2010 (futuristic), Präsent60, Rotunda Pommerania (blackletter), TengwarOptime, TengwarOptimeDiagon, cbe-Bold, cbe-BoldItalic, cbe-Italic, cbe.
- In 2009: 18thCenturyInitials, 18thCenturyKurrent-Regular, 18thCenturyKurrentAlternates, German writing from the 18th century), CentreClaws, CentreClawsBeam1, CentreClawsSlant, Cöntgen Kanzley Regular (blackletter), Cöntgen Kanzley Aufrecht (2009), ElficCaslin, H1N1, Loxembourg1910Shadow (an art nouveau-influenced stencil face), Luxembourg1910, VarietScala (an art deco sans family), Varietee, VarieteeArtist, VarieteeCabaret, VarieteeCascadeur, VarieteeCasino, VarieteeCirque, VarieteeColege, VarieteeConferencier, VarieteeFolies, VarieteeIkarier, VarieteeJongleur, VarieteeMirage, VarieteeRevue, VarieteeTheatre, KochFetteDeutscheSchrift (blackletter), MoradoFelt-Regular (upright connected script), MoradoMarker (2009), MoradoNib, PreussischeVI9 (DIN-like family), PreussischeVI9Linie, PreussischeVI9Schatten-Linie, PreussischeVI9Schatten, SchatternvonPreussischeVI9, Stage (art deco), Ring Matrix (dot matrix), Nathan, Amptmann Script (2009, upright connected script), Cat Shop, Blankenburg (blackletter), Murrx (arched face), Schwaben Alt (1988, bastarda), Vrango, 14LED (Regular, Phattt-Heavy, Rised-Black), 24LED (+Bright, +Grid, +Modul), DIN1451fetteBreitschrift1936-Regular, FibelNord (basic sans family with an architectural twist), FibelSued (family), PaneuropaBankette, PaneuropaCrashbarrier-Black, PaneuropaFreeway, PaneuropaHighway, PaneuropaRoad, PaneuropaStreet, PaneuropaWrongWay, Quirkus (family), RingMatrix (dot matrix family), RingMatrix3D, RingMatrixTwo, DiscipuliBritannica (connected script), GruenewaldVA-Regular (connected school script), Rudelskopfdeutsch-Aufrecht, WiegelLatein (connected school script), WiegelLateinMedium (2009), Morado, Moebius Bicolor (art deco), Elbaris (sans), ElbarisOutline, Nomitais (multiline face), RostockKaligraph, Waschkueche, WaschkuecheGrob-Ultra, WiegelKurrent (traditional German school script), WiegelKurrentMedium, XAyax, XAyaxOutline (2009), Kaufhalle (squarish), Quimbie (art deco), CasaSans-Regular, Elb-Tunnel, MeyneTextur (blackletter), Yiggivoo, TGL 31034-1 (futuristic sans), Beroga (a simple organic sans).
- Before 2009: Xayax, PreussischeIV44Ausgabe3 (2006, a severe sans), Utusi Star (1989, very condensed all-caps face), Avocado (2006, script face), CbeNormal (2006, script face), Leipzig Fraktur (+Bold) (2006), Berlin Email (2006, a condensed sans family, followed in 2009 by Berlin Email Serif), MaassslicerItalic (2006, a futuristic face made for Rudolf Maass + Partner GmbH), Powerweld (a gorgeous avant-garde face made for OPTI Pumpen und Technik GmbH), WolgastScript (2005), WolgastTwo (2006, connected script), WolgastTwoBold, ZeichenDreihundert-Regular, ZeichenHundert-Regular, ZeichenVierhundert-Regular, ZeichenZweihundert-Regular (2006, traffic dingbats), Djerba simplified (Arabic font, Computer and Technologie, Hamburg, 1995; it can be downloaded here), Titus FrakturBaltic (1998), TITUS FrakturEast Normal (1998), and TITUS FrakturWest Normal (1998) [which used to be downloadable here; these fonts were retired and the Titus name dropped; most of the glyphs made it to Schwaben Alt].
Dafont link. One more URL. Fontspace link. Yet another URL. Font Squirrel link. Fontsy link.
The list of his truetype and opentype faces as of 2011: 18thCenturyInitials, 18thCenturyKurrentStart, 18thCenturyKurrentText, Alfabilder, AlteDIN1451Mittelschrift, AlteDIN1451Mittelschriftgepraegt, AmptmannScript, ApolloASM, Avocado, Barnroof, BerlinEmail, BerlinEmail2, BerlinEmailBold, BerlinEmailBold, BerlinEmailHeavy, BerlinEmailHeavy, BerlinEmailOutline, BerlinEmailOutline, BerlinEmailSchaddow, BerlinEmailSchaddow, BerlinEmailSemibold-Bold, BerlinEmailSemibold-Bold, BerlinEmailSerif, BerlinEmailSerif, BerlinEmailSerifSemibold, BerlinEmailSerifSemibold, BerlinEmailSerifShadow, BerlinEmailWideSemibold, BerlinEmailWideSemibold, Beroga, Beroga, BerogaFettig-Bold, BerogaFettig-Bold, BertholdMainzerFrakturUNZ1A-Italic, BertholdMainzerFrakturUNZ1A, BertholdrMainzerFraktur, Blankenburg-Regular, BlankenburgUNZ1A-Italic, BlankenburgUNZ1A, CasaSans-Regular, CasaSans, CasaSansFettig-Bold, CatShop, CentreClaws, CentreClawsBeam1, CentreClawsSlant, ChunkFiveEx, CntgenKanzley-Regular, CntgenKanzleyAufrecht, DIN1451fetteBreitschrift1936-Regular, DiscipuliBritannica, DiscipuliBritannicaBold, Doergon-Regular, DoergonBackshift, DoergonShift, DoergonWave-Regular, Elb-Tunnel, Elb-TunnelSchatten, Elbaris, ElbarisOutline, ElficCaslin, EricaType-Bold, EricaType-BoldItalic, EricaType-Italic, EricaType-Regular, ErikaOrmig, Eureka, FibelNord-Bold, FibelNord-BoldItalic, FibelNord-Italic, FibelNord, FibelNordKontur, FibelSued-Bold, FibelSued-BoldItalic, FibelSued-Italic, FibelSued, FibelSuedKontur, GoeschenFraktur, GoeschenFrakturUNZ1A-Italic, GoeschenFrakturUNZ1A, Gondrin, GreifswalderTengwar-Regular, GreifswalerDeutscheSchrift, GruenewaldVA-Regular, GruenewaldVA1.Klasse, GruenewaldVA3.Klasse, H1N1, HelvetiaVerbundene, KochFetteDeutscheSchrift, KochFetteDeutscheSchriftUNZ1A-Italic, KochFetteDeutscheSchriftUNZ1A, LeipzigFrakturBold, LeipzigFrakturHeavy-ExtraBold, LeipzigFrakturLF-Bold, LeipzigFrakturLF-Normal, LeipzigFrakturNormal, LeipzigFrakturUNZ1A-Bold, LeipzigFrakturUNZ1A-BoldItalic, LeipzigFrakturUNZ1A-Italic, LeipzigFrakturUNZ1A, Luxembourg1910, Luxembourg1910Contur, Luxembourg1910Ombre, MMX2010-Regular, Maassslicer3D, Maassslicer3D, MaassslicerItalic, MaassslicerItalic, Makushka, MakushkaKontura, MakushkaQuadriga, MakushkaSecunda, MeyneTextur, MeyneTexturUNZ1A-Italic, MeyneTexturUNZ1A, Midroba-Regular, MidrobaSchatten, Moderne3DSchwabacher, ModerneFetteSchwabacher, ModerneFetteSchwabacherUNZ1A-Italic, ModerneFetteSchwabacherUNZ1A, ModerneGekippteSchwabacher, MoradoFelt-Regular, MoradoMarker, MoradoNib, MoradoSharp-Regular, Murrx, Nathan-CondensedRegular, Nathan-ExpandedRegular, Nathan-Semi-expandedRegular, Nathan, NathanAlternates-CondensedRegular, NathanAlternates-ExpandedRegular, NathanAlternates-Semi-expandedRegular, NathanAlternates, Nomitais, Nomitais, Numikki, Numukki-Italic, Numukki-Italic, Numukki, Powerweld, PreussischeIV44Ausgabe3, PreussischeIV44Ausgabe3, PreussischeVI9, PreussischeVI9Linie, PreussischeVI9Schatten-Linie, PreussischeVI9Schatten, Proletarsk, Prsent60, Quimbie, Quimbie3D, QuimbieShaddow, QuimbieUH, Quirkus-Bold, Quirkus-BoldItalic, Quirkus-Italic, Quirkus, QuirkusOut, QuirkusUpsideDown, RostockKaligraph, RotundaPommerania, RotundaPommeraniaUNZ1A-Italic, RotundaPommeraniaUNZ1A, Rudelskopfdeutsch-Aufrecht, SchatternvonPreussischeVI9, Schulfibel-Nord-Linie-2, SchwabenAlt-Bold, SchwabenAltUNZ1A-Italic, SchwabenAltUNZ1A, Stage, StrassburgFraktur-Regular, TGL0-16, TGL0-17, TGL0-17Alt, TGL31034-1, TGL31034-1, TGL31034-2, TGL31034-2, Tank, TengwarOptime, TengwarOptimeDiagon, TitilliumMaps29L-1wt, TitilliumMaps29L-400wt, TitilliumMaps29L-800wt, TitilliumMaps29L-999wt, TitilliumText22L-1wt, TitilliumText22L-250wt, TitilliumText22L-400wt, TitilliumText22L-600wt, TitilliumText22L-800wt, TitilliumText22L-999wt, TitilliumTitle20, UtusiStar-Bold, UtusiStar, VarietScala, Varietee, VarieteeArtist, VarieteeCabaret, VarieteeCascadeur, VarieteeCasino, VarieteeCirque, VarieteeColege, VarieteeConferencier, VarieteeFolies, VarieteeIkarier, VarieteeJongleur, VarieteeMirage, VarieteeRevue, VarieteeTheatre, Via-A-Vis, Vrng, Waschkueche, Waschkueche, WaschkuecheGrob-Ultra, WaschkuecheGrob-Ultra, WiegelKurrent, WiegelKurrent, WiegelKurrentMedium, WiegelKurrentMedium, WiegelLatein, WiegelLateinMedium, WolgastScript, WolgastScript, WolgastTwo, WolgastTwo, WolgastTwoBold, WolgastTwoBold, XAyax, XAyax, XAyaxOutline, XAyaxOutline, YiggivooUnicode-Italic, YiggivooUnicode-Italic, YiggivooUnicode, YiggivooUnicode, YiggivooUnicode3D-Italic, YiggivooUnicode3D-Italic, YiggivooUnicode3D, YiggivooUnicode3D, ZeichenDreihundert-Regular, ZeichenDreihundertAlt, ZeichenHundert-Regular, ZeichenHundertAlt, ZeichenVierhundert-Regular, ZeichenZweihundert-Regular, ZeichenZweihundertAlt, cbe-Bold, cbe-BoldItalic, cbe-Italic, cbe, kaufhalle, kaufhalle, kaufhalleblech, kaufhalleblech, moebius.
His type 1 fonts as of 2011: Avocado, BerlinEmail, BerlinEmail2, BerlinEmailBold, BerlinEmailHeavy, BerlinEmailOutline, BerlinEmailSchaddow, BerlinEmailSemibold-Bold, BerlinEmailSerif, BerlinEmailSerifSemibold, BerlinEmailSerifShadow, BerlinEmailWideSemibold, Beroga, BerogaFettig-Bold, CasaSans, Elb-Tunnel, Elb-TunnelSchatten, Maassslicer3D, MaassslicerItalic, Numukki-Italic, Numukki, Powerweld, PreussischeIV44Ausgabe3, Quimbie, QuimbieUH, RostockKaligraph, TGL31034-1, TGL31034-2, UtusiStar-Bold, UtusiStar, Waschkueche, WaschkuecheGrob-Ultra, WolgastScript, WolgastTwo, WolgastTwoBold, YiggivooUnicode-Italic, YiggivooUnicode, YiggivooUnicode3D-Italic, YiggivooUnicode3D, cbe-Bold, cbe-BoldItalic, cbe-Italic, cbe, kaufhalle, kaufhalleblech.
A list of typefaces in alphabetical order, with descriptive comments provided by Reynir Heidberg Stefansson from Iceland: 18th Century Kurrent (Kurrent-style handwriting, Wiegel-coded), Alfabilder (Alphabetic picture font for the German alphabet), Amptmann Script (Partly-connected, upright writing, used on Prussian Railways pattern drawings), ApolloASM (Jugendstil, vaguely resembling an ornate Bocklin), Avocado (Handwriting, broad-nib pen-style), Berlin Email (Narrow sans-serif, based on emailled signage; Wiegel-coded), Berlin Email Serif (Narrow serif, based on emailled signage; Wiegel-coded), Beroga (All-minuscule, rounded marker-style sans-serif with ca. 8° slope), Berthold Mainzer Fraktur (Fraktur in Wiegel (Regular only) and UNZ1(A) coding), Blankenburg (Semicondensed Tannenberg in Wiegel (Regular only) and UNZ1(A) coding), Casa Sans (Squarish, broad-nib pen-style block writing), CatShop (Serif, soft of an acid-washed didone), cbe Normal (Sans-serif, narrow, somewhat cuneiform), Centre Claws (Sans-serif, Art Deco display, a bit like Broadway), Cöntgen Kanzlei (Cöntgen Kanzley) (Fraktur-based calligraphy by Heinrich Hugo Cöntgen, Wiegel coding), DiffiKult (Sans-serif, display, no horizontal lines), DIN 1451 fette Breitschrift 1936 (The now-withdrawn Wide version of DIN 1451 traffic font), Discipuli Britannica (UK school handwriting), Doergon (Slab-serif, narrow-ish, all majuscule), Elabris (Elbaris) (Sans-serif, caps/smallcaps, shades of DIN1451 Engschrift), Elb-Tunnel (Sans-serif, based on signage in the old Elbe tunnel in Hamburg), Elbic Caslon (Elfic Caslon, Elfic Caslin) (a Caslon for the Queen Galadriel), Erika Type (Erica Type) (Slab-serif, typewriter, comes from Wiegel's old Erika typewriter), Eureka (Serif, caps/smallcaps, Art Deco/Jugendstil), Fibel Nord (Sans-serif, based on German school primer), Fibel Süd (Fibel Sued) (Sans-serif, based on German school primer), Fibel Vienna (Sans-serif, based on Austrian school primer), Fundamental Brigade (Sans-serif, geometric, some UNZ1 ligatures), Göschen Fraktur (Goeschen Fraktur) (Fraktur with a biblical feel, Wiegel (Rg only) and UNZ1 coding), Gondrini (Gondrin) (Sans-serif, geometric, display, shaded outlines, cookie-cutter), Greifswalder Deutsche Schrift (Handwriting, based on Rudolf Koch's Offenbacher Kurrent, Wiegel coding), Greifswalder Tengwar (Tengwar handwriting in Offenbach style), Gruenewald VA (Latin-style schoolhand, Wiegel coding), H1N1 (Heavy display face made of parallel wavetrains), Hardman (Heavy, wide, squarish logotype with connecting letters), Helvetia Verbundene (Swiss handwriting), Immermann (Display, resembles a seriffed Radio/Rundfunk, UNZ1 coding), Kaufhalle (Display, recreation of HO Kaufhalle logotype), Koch Fette Deutsche Schrift (Very plain fraktur, Wiegel (Rg only) and UNZ1 coding), Leipzig Fraktur (Fraktur for bread text, Wiegel coding), Leipzig Fraktur UNZ1A (Fraktur for bread text), Luxembourg 1910 (Sans-serif, Jugendstil display face from old spice drawers), Maass Slicer (Maassslicer) (Sans-serif, oblique display face, orig. logotype), Makushka (Sort-of an Elabris with minuscules, looks overlayable), Men Nefer (Slab-serif, geometric, UNZ1 coding), Midroba (Spur-serif, display, all-majuscule, heavy, octal), MMX2010 (Sans-serif, display, caps/smallcaps, TV game machine feel), Moderne Schwabacher (Heavily reworked, Wiegel coding), Moderne Fette Schwabacher UNZ1A (Heavily reworked, Wiegel coding), Möbius (moebius) (Sans-serif, display, bicolour (u/c = non-spacing fills, l/c = spacing outlines)), Morado (Connected handwriting with nib or marker pen), Murrx (Heavy display face made from ellipsoids on NE-SW axis), Mutter Krause (Serif, slanting, Jugendstil-feel.), Nathan (Slab-serif, hand-drawn.), Nomatais (Nomitais) (Elabris with multiple levels of outlines), Numukki (Conlang, knotted-line, good for separators and scenebreaks), Powerweld (Sans-serif, Bauhaus style, all-minuscule), Präsent 60 (PI font with various East German logos), Preussische IV 44 (PreussischeIV44Ausgabe3) (Repro of Prussian Railways pattern type IV 44 version 3), Preussische VI 9 (Repro of Prussian Railways pattern type VI 9 version 2), Proletarsk (Sans-serif, monoline, doubled-up questionmark), Quast (Brush type, all-majuscule, very rough outline), Quimbie (Sans-serif, all-majuscule, resembles Amelia), Quirkus (Sans-serif), Ring Matrix (LED matrix with ring LEDs, solid LEDs and ring LEDs with shadow), Rostock Kaligraph (Very round calligraphy, resembles rotunda), Rotunda Pommerania (Rotunda style, Wiegel-code (Regular only) or UNZ1-coded), Rudelskopf deutsch (Sans-serif, based on Kurrent-style letterforms), Schwaben Alt (Schwabacher in Wiegel- (Rg only) or UNZ1-coding.), Stage (Sans-serif, narrow, Art Deco, fleeting taste of Broadway), Strassburg Fraktur (Handwritten fraktur, ornate majuscules, Wiegel-coding), Tank (PI font with (gas/petrol) tank station logos), TengwarOptime (Optima for Tengwar), TGL 0-16/0-17 (East German versions of DIN 16 and DIN 17 blueprint types), TGL 31034-1, TGL 31034-2 (East German versions of DIN 6776 / DIN EN ISO 3098 blueprint types), Utusi Star (Sans-serif, slight resemblance with Rundfunk), Varieté (Sans-serif, all-majuscule or caps/smallcaps), Vis-A-Vis (Serif, all-majuscule, split in middle), Volk Redis (Kurrent handwriting, anno 1930-1941), Vrångö (LED matrix type like Ring Matrix), Waschküche (Serif, resembles Antykwa Torunska), Wiegel Kurrent (Kurrent-style handwriting), Wiegel Latein (Latin-style handwriting), Wolgast Script (Sloppy-looking handwriting with a broad-nib pen), Wolgast Two (Latin/Cyrillic handwriting), XAyax (Serif, Jugendstil, narrow, all-majuscule), Yiggivoo Unicode (Sans-serif, wide, tall x, board game packaging feel), Youbilee (PI font with various jubilee laurels), Verkehrszeichen (Zeichen) (PI fonts with traffic signs (in layers)), Verkehrszeichen alt (Zeichen Alt) (PI fonts with old traffic signs (in layers)).
Abstract Fonts link. Dafont link. Kernest link. Klingspor link. [Google]
Malaysian designer (b. 1984) based in Petaling Jaya.
Creator of these typefaces in 2012: Afro, Stitches (stitch font), Pop Jazz, Galah Panjang, Bunga Cengkih, Senandung Malam (Victorian all caps family), Kunang Kunang, Raja Drama (hairline avant garde sans), Piring Hitam (Peignotian sans), Dayang Senandung (hairline caps), Kaberet (a squarish outlined typeface), Kata Bidalan (hairline sans), Halusinasi (hallucination), Pak Pandir, Primadona, Mohsuri, Badang (a strong sans), Si LuNcai (monoline geometric sans), Kata Bidalon (a hairline avant garde sans), ContenG (grungy), Chempaka, Retak Seribu, Batik Indo (a textured typeface),Berus Rambut Kuda, Usang (sketched face), Songket (textured caps), Ugly Hand Writing, Dedaun (floriated), The Garden (ornamental caps), Seni Pop (a textured typeface), Modern Kerawang (ornamental caps), Cakar Ayam (scratchy hand), Sticky Notes, and Kerawang (ornamental caps).
Typefaces from 2013: Selari (bilined), Haru Biru (bilined).
Behance link. [Google]
Dan M. Zadorozny
David Fleming Nalle
[Scriptorium (Ragnarok Press, Fontcraft)]
Hanoded is the foundry (est. 2010) of Dutch designer and photographer David Kerkhoff, b. Epe, 1969. In its first year, Hanoded was a free font outfit specializing in handwriting and hand-printed faces. Its creations could be seen at Dafont, Abstract Fonts and Fontspace. Klingspor link.
In 2011, he went partially commercial via MyFonts. His typefaces became more diversified and are quite stunning at times:
- A: Abysmal Gaze (2011. scratchy face), Aderyn (2012: a poster family), Aint Nothing Fancy (2010). All Over Again (2010), All Over Again All Caps (2010), Allez Hop (2011), Americain (2012, constructivist), Antisocial Behavior (2010), Artful Dodger (2012, a grungy Clarendon), AshesToAshes (2010), Ashtanga (2013, curly caps), Au Revoir (2012).
- B: BadPaintjob (2010), Balagan (2010), Baznat (2010), BehindDirtyBlinds (2010), DK Bergelmir (2014), Black Mark (2012, a heavy brush face), Bottle Shop Faded (2010), Brooklyner (2013: an art deco caps face based on the typeface used for The Brooklynite, a magazine from the 1920's), Bullet in your Head (2010). Business As Usual (2011, scratchy).
- C: Canned Whale (2012, outlined and hand-printed), Carbonara (2011, grungy typewriter), Carte Blanche (2012, a gorgeous arched / sketched caps face), Castanea (2012, a painter's font), Celluloid Bliss (2010), Charons Obol (2011, scary brush face), Cheat Sheet (2013, handwritten), Chunky Chicken (2013), DK Clair de Lune (2012, an exquisite curly poster font), Codswallop (2011, fat hand-printed), Corner Shop Chique (2010), Couldnt be bothered (2010), Courant (2011, grungy blackletter), Crayon Crumble (2011, chalk face), DK Crayonista (2012), Criss Cross (2011), Cubissimo (2013, a cubist geometric font inspired by a 1929 poster advertising a museum exhibition), Cul de Sac (2010, 3d outline face, hand-printed and sketched).
- D: Deco Pimp (2011), Die Bruecke (2013, a woodblock printing emulation typeface named after the Die Brücke movement), DK Allez Hop (2011). Don Quixote (2011. nice grunge calligraphic hand), Drawing Blood (2010).
- E: Early Morning Coffee (2012), Ersatz Quality (2010).
- F: Face Your Fears (2011), FairNSquare (2010), Fallout Font (2010), Fantastique (2012, a 3d hand-printed caps face), Fat Little Piggy (2010), Father Frost (2012), Fiebiger Eins (2013, an art nouveau / arts & crafts face after a 1908 poster by Franz Fiebiger), Fiebiger Zwei (2013), Fledermaus (2012: Fledermaus ("bat") was a cabaret theater from Vienna. The original Jugendstil decor was designed by Josef Hoffman and several posters, advertising performances, were designed by other members of the Vienna Workshop. The Fledermaus font was based on a 1907 poster by Bertold Löffler.; the missing glyphs were created by Kerkhoff), DK Formosa (2012).
- G: Galangal (a phenomenal poster face that plays on thick and thin, in the style of Horst Caps), Gerards Gold (2010, script face), GerardsGold (2010). Ghost Reverie (2010, a scratchy family), Grafiker (2013, a brush face loosely based on the work of designers Oskar Kokoschka (1886-1980) and Jean Carlu (1900-1997)), Gulag Decay (2010).
- H: Hanoded Hand (2010), Hanoded-Heavy (2010), Harimau (2012, a rounded children's book font), Harrumph (2011, a fat poster lettering family), Hasty Tasty (2011), HaraldRunicDEMO (2010), Heckel (2013, a German expressionist hand-drawn typeface based on the handwriting of Erich Heckel (1883-1970), a founding member of Die Brücke, a group of German expressionist), Hedgehog Hans (2012, comic book typeface), Hex (2012), Hieratic Numerals (2010), High Tea (2012), DK Himmelblau (2012, art nouveau font based on a poster from 1902 made by the Künstlerbund Hagen), Huggin and Muninn (2012, script face), Hummus Chips Salat (2010).
- I: Inky Fingers (2013, a fat finger font), Interstellar Erosion (2010), Ishtar (2012: spooky brush font).
- J: Joe Schmoe (2011, hand-printed), Jubileum (2013), Just Before Liposuction (2010).
- K: Kerberos Fang (2011), Keswick (2013, a lipstick font created using a 6B pencil), Fat Kitty Kat (2013), DK Koerier (2014, a 3d outlined typeface), Kokomo (2012, 3d and outlined), Kolkata Hotelroom (2010), Koshatnik (2011, all caps brush face), Kubikajiri (2011, an India ink brush face), DK Kundalini (2013, curly), Kunstschau (2012: a beautiful poster font that was modeled on a stamp, designed by Austrian artist Bertold Löffler, for the Kunstschau 1908 exhibition in Vienna), Kurkuma (2013, a wonderful poster caps face), Kusukusu (2011, hand-printed), Kwark (2013: a 3d poster font).
- L: Lampion (2012, a condensed unicase hand-drawn face), Leakage (2010, ink splash face), DK Limoen (2012, shadow outline face), Lokomotiv (2012, an art deco caps face based on poster for the 1930 Geneva Motor Show), DK Louise (2012, art deco, cubist: based on the art of Louise Marie (lou) Loeber, a Dutch painter).
- M: Maduki (2013), DK Mama Bear (2012), Mary Ate a Little Lamb (2010), Mayonaise (2011), Meshuggeneh (2013---crazy fool on Yiddish; a twisted 3d typeface), Midnight Hour (2011), Moi Non Plus (2011), DK Monsieur Le Chat (2012, curly face---can't wait for Madame La Chatte...), Moonlight Shadow (2010, a nice scribbly pair of fonts), Mosca (2013), Mothman (2011, a spooky scratchy face).
- N: Nakata (2012, a great notebook style script), Nanuk (2013, an outlined 3d typeface), Neues Bauen (2011). Nightbird (2011, blood drip face), Northumbria (2012: modeled on original 7th and 8th century monastic gospel books from Northern England), DK Nutnik (2012, a mural paint font), Nyctophobia (2010, brush face).
- O: Obrigado (2012, rounded art deco face), Oei (2010), Oomph (2010), Oranjerie (2013, poster typeface), DK Oyuki's Ghost (2013, scratchy scary typeface made with a steel pen and Chinese Ink---the name comes from a painting by Maruyama Okyo (1733-1795), which depicts his mistress who died young. Maruyama Okyo claimed she haunted him in his sleep).
- P: Pandanus (2014), Pardesi (2013, a fat marker pen font), Pawn Shop Pretty (2010), Petit Oiseau (2013), Pimpernel (2012), Pinda (2011), P.I. (2011, grungy typewriter), Pingo (2012, display face), Pinkus (2013, a caps-only poster font), Pisang (2013, an all caps poster font), Plakkaat (2011), Porcupine Pickle (2011), ProjectX (2010), ProjectY (2010), ProjectZ (2010), Promedanenmischung (2010), Psycho Killer (2013), Pumpkin Soup (2013: a poster typeface), DK Pusekatt (2013).
- Q: DK Qilin (2014: a great inky font), Quid Pro Quo (2011, scratchy calligraphic), Quilted Butterfly (2010), QuoVadisQuasimodo (2010).
- R: Rabbit on the Moon (2011, children's typeface), Rainforest (2010). Rat Infested Mailbox (2010), Retch (2013, frightening scratchy script), Rum Doodle (2013), Rumpelstiltskin (2011, comic book family), Runic Series [Gunfjaun Runic (2010), Modraniht Runic (2010), Leakage (2010), Hyrrokkin Runic (2010), Harald Runic (2010). Gunnar Runic (2010), Nidhogg Runic (2010), Skraeling Runic (2010), Sleipnir Runic (2010), Tjelvar Runic (2010), Yggdrasil Runic (2010), Graip Runic (2010), Fenrir Runic (2010), Beowulf Runic (2010)], Rusty Cage (2011).
- S: Same Same but Different (2010), DK Samhain (2012, brush face), Sammy Boy (2011, fat poster face), Satsuma (2013, a poster face), Saturday Sunday Monday (2010), Scurvy Dog (2011, scratchy hand), Secret Diary (2013: hand-printed), Sheepman (2012), Shesek (2011, a fat finger face), Single Malta (2010), Sirius B (2013, poster font), Sketchy Smiley (2010, smilies), Sketchy Smiley II (2012), Skratch (2010, broken glass face), Sleepy Time (2013, hand-printed), Sleight of Hand (2010), Slipstream Sweetheart (2010), Snemand (2013, a poster titling typeface), Sobriquet (2012: a wonderful antique poster face), Souplesse (2013), Spiderlegs (2011. Images: i, ii), SquareOne (2010), SquareOneGrunge (2010), Squint (2013, squarish), Suco de Laranja (2012), SundayMonday (2010), Sweet Steeffie (2010). Syphon Spritz (2010, a great curly script; a Pro version appeared in 2010 at CheapProFonts).
- T: That Little Piggy (2010), Thievery (2012, curly script), This Little Piggy (2010), Trashtype (2011, grungy), Tripping on Acid (2010), Trollslayer (2011, brush face), Twelve Weeks Pregnant (2010), Tzeva Tari (2010, grunge Hebrew).
- U: Ugh (2010).
- V: Ventana (2013, created using Chinese ink and a bamboo pen), Vermilion (2013, hand-printed poster face), DK Viareggio (2012, an art deco font Viareggio is based on the handlettering found on a 1931 poster, advertising the carnival of Viareggio), Vienna Workshop (2012, an art nouveau typeface based on some of the artwork produced by Vienna Workshop artists, in particular that of Koloman Moser), Visum (2014), Vox Populi (2012, medieval).
- W: Warpspeed (2010), Wayang (2013, influenced by Indonesian puppets), Weekend Warrior (2010), Welt Schmerz (2012, a post-art nouveau face based on a 1910 poster from Austria), WetDream (2010), WindshieldMassacre, With A Twist (2011).
- Yellow Balloon (2013, a fat poster face).
- Z: Zeebonk (2013, a tattoo font), Zonnig (2011).
[Dan M. Zadorozny]
Born in Philadelphia and a resident of Texas, Dan Zadorozny's creations at Iconian. He is a prolific type designer who specializes in techno and sci-fi typefaces. Dafont link. Fontsy link. Abstract Fonts link. Font Squirrel link. His fonts in alphabetical order:
- #44 font (2002), 00Starmap (2001, pixel font), 1st Cav (2008), 2-Tech, 2nd Amendment (2007, guns), 2nd Amendment 2050 (2009, more gun silhouettes), 2Toon, 300 Trojans (2008, comic book family), 4114 Blaster (2008, futuristic), 5th Agent (2008, techno), 7th Service (2002), 8th Element (2013), 911Porscha.
- Achilles, Action-Men (2008), Action Women (2008, female outlines), Aegis (2010, Greek simulation family), Aetherfox (2013), AirCobra (2002), Aircruiser (2011, trekkie family), AirForce (planes and copters), Airstrike (2013), Airstrip One (2003), Aldo's Moon, Aldo's Nova, Alexis (2001), Alien League, Alpha Sentry, Alpha Taurus (2007, octagonal, athletic lettering), Amalgam, Americorps (2012), Anakefka (2009, ultra-fat family), Antikythera (2013, Greek simulation face), Antilles (2009, sans family), Argosy, Arilon (2008), Army Rangers (2013, octagonal), Astropolis (2009), Atlantia (2012, futuristic), Avenger (2008, futuristic).
- Babes&Bond (2009, erotic silhouettes), Babe-alicious (2002, erotic outlines), Bad Robot (2007, computer game look), Bal-Astaral, Bamf (2011, techno family), Battlefield, Beam Rider, Beastian (2011), Ben Zion (2008, Hebrew simulation), Berserker (2008, grunge), Beta Biergärten (2008), Bio-disc, Bio-discSolid, Bio-discThin, Bionic Comic (2002), Bionic Type (2002), Birds of a Feather (2007, dingbats), Block, Blood Crow (2009), Bloodlust (2011, dripping blood face), Blue July (2009), Bog Beast (2013), Brin Athyn (2008, uncial/Celtric), Bronic (2004), Bubble Butt (2014, bubblegum typeface), Bummer (2007, octagonal), Bushido (2008, oriental simulation), Butch and Sundance (2013), Buttons the Bear (2008, children's hand), Byte Police.
- Capella (2011, a wide techno family), CasperComics, Chardin Doihle (2008), a useful informal handprinting family), Charlemagne, Charlie's-Angles, Cheyenne Hand (2008), Christendom, Clubber Lang (2013, grungy), C.O.D.E.R. (2012), Colossus (2011, old chipped stone look), ComicBookCommando, ComicFX, Commonwealth, Concielian, Corinthian, Covert Ops (2012, army stencil), Coyote Deco (2007, art deco), Crappity-Crap-Crap (2007), Crime Syndicate (2013), Crixus (2011, a squarish sans that includes an athletic lettering style), Cro-Magnum (2003), CryUncial, Cyberia (like Soviet: neat Russian imitation letters), Cyrus The Virus (2012, grungy, hand-printed).
- DS Man, Daedalus (2008), Daemonicus (2012), Dan Stargate (2008), Dan'sHand, Dark Horse (nice brush font), Darkwind, Dassault (2013), Delta Ray, Demon Priest (2013), Department-K, DepartmentH, Deranian (2008), Detonator, Devil Summoner (2014), DiegoCon (2004), Ding-o-saurs (2007), Direktor (2008, Cyrillic simulation techno), Dire Wolf (2013), Disco-Dork, Disco Deck (2005), Disco Duck, Dodger, Dotcom (2002), Drafting Board (2008), Drafting Table (2008), Dragon Order (oriental simulation), Drid Herder (2002), Droid-Lover (2008), Drosselmeyer (my favorite).
- Eagleclaw (2009), Eaglemania, Earthrealm (2013), Earthshake (2013), Earth's Mightiest (2002), Eco-files, Eldebaran (2012), Elder Magic (2009), Election Day (2009), Empire Crown (2011, blackletter), Enduro, Ensign Flandry, Ephesian (2007), Erin Go Bragh (2009, Celtic/uncial), EscapeArtist, Eskindar (2013), Eternal Knight (2013), EverettSteele'sHand, Excelerate, Excelsior, Excelsior Comics, Exedore (2008), Exoplanet (2013, techno), Extechchop (2005).
- Factor, Falconhead, Famous Spaceships (2007), FantasticCreatures, Fantazian (2003), Fantom (2009, bad handwriting), Federal Escort (2014), Federal Service (2011), Federapolis (2008, octagonal techno face), Fedyral, Fedyral-II, Feldercarb (2003, octagonal font), Ferret Face (2013), Fiddler's Cove (2012), Fight Kid (2009), First Order (2001), Flesh Eating Comic (2013, grunge), Flight Corps (2008, techno/pixelish), FlyingLetaherneck (2002), Force Majeure, Frank-n-Plank (2013, a wooden plank font), Free-Agent (2008), Freedom Fighter (2013, stencil), FunnyPages, Futurex Grunge (2005).
- Galant, Galaxy-1 (2008), Galaxy Far Far Away (2009, futuristic dingbat font), Galga (2008, futuristic), Gamma Sentry, Gemina (2011, sci-fi / techno family), Gemina2 (2013), Generation Nth, GeoBats (2007), Gearhead (2013, octagonal), GI Incognito (2012), Global Dynamics (2014), Goalie (2008, hockey mask alphading), Gods of War, Governor, Graymalkin (2011, trekky), Grease Gun (2012), Grendel's Mother, Grim Ghost (2013), Grimlord (2009), Guardian (2008), Guardian-Laser (2008), Guardian-Pro (2008), Guardian-Shadow (2008), Gunship, Gunship V2 (2002), Gypsy Killer (2013), Gyrfalcon.
- Hadriatic (2008, roman lettering), Half Elven (2013), Halfshell Hero (2013), Hall of Heroes (2007), Halo, Han Solo (2013), Harrier (2002), Hawkmoon (2011), Hello Copters (2013: helicopter dingbats), Heorot (2009, stone age fonts), Heroes Assemble (2011), Highrise Heaven (2007, city skyline dingbats), Holy Empire, Homemade-Robot, Homeworld (2003), Homeworld Translator (2003), Hulkbusters, Hydro Squad (2014), Hypno Agent.
- Iapetus (2014, sci-fi), Icebox Art (2012), IWantMyTTR!, Iconian (2002), Iconified, Illuminati, Imaginary Forces (2008, mythical dingbats), Imperial Code (2003, Startrek style face), Imperium, Incubus, Incubus-Italic (2008), Incubus-Shadow (2008), Infinity Formula (2003, super techno), Infobubble, I-House Edition (2014), Interceptor (2008), Interdiction (2012), International Super Hero (2002), Intrepid, Iron-Cobra (2008), Iron Forge (2012).
- Jack's Candlestick (2013), Jackson, Jannisaries, Jedi Special Forces (2012), Jerusalem (1999, Hebrew font simulation)[see also here], Jetta, JettaTech, Jetway (2012, a stencil face), Johnny Torch (2012), Judge, Judge Hard, Justice (2009), Jumptroops (2003), Justinian.
- Kahless, KameraDings (2009), KarateChop (2009), Kartoons (2008), Katana, Kennebunkport (2013, script), Keystone (pixel font), Khazad-Dum (2011), Kid Cobalt (2008, comic book face), Kinex, King Commando (2011), King's Ransom, KnightsTemplar, Knock Furious (2003, dingbats), Kobold (2008, futuristic), Kondor (2013), Kountry Kodes (2008, international license plate lettering), Kovacs-Spot, Kovacs, Kreeture (2002), Kubrick (2008).
- Lamprey (2012, techno family), LandShark (2001), LandWhale (2001), Laredo Trail (2013, a Western face), Laserian, Law and Order (2005, dingbats), League Wars (2013, sci-fi stencil), Leatherface (2013), LegalTender, Legion, Liberty Island (2013, sci-fi), Lightsider (2011, Star Trekkish family), Lincoln Lode, Lionel (2009), Low Gun Screen (2008, a totally square screen type family), Lincoln Chain, Lionheart, Lobo-Tommy (2008), Lord of the Sith, Loveladies, Low Gun Screen (2008, screen face).
- Machiavelli, Mad Marker, Magic Beans (2007), Marathon-II, Marathon, Masked Marvel (2002), Masterdom (2004), Metal Storm 3D (2008), Metronauts (2013), Metroplex, MetroplexLaser, MetroplexShadow, Michaelmas, Micronian (2009, pixelish headline family), Milk Bar (2003), Micronian (2008, extensive pixel-based family), Military-RPG (2008), Missile Man (2002, futuristic), Miss Amanda Jones (2004, brush style), Mobile Infantry, Modi Thorson (2013, techno), Monsterama (2011, scary face), Moon Dart (2008), Morse Kode, MorseNK, Movie Gallery (2008, dingbats), Mrs. Monster (2013, Halloween brush font), Mystic Singler (2008, rough brush face).
- Nathan Brazil (2013, art deco), National Express (2003), Native Alien, Nemesis Enforcer (2013), Neo-Geo (like the letters on the Neon cars), Neuralnomicon, Nick Turbo (2001), NifeFite, NifeFiter, NifeFites, Nightchilde (2013), Nightrunner (2008, sci-fi), Nightwraith (2011, techno family), Ninjas (2002), NoloContendre, Nostromo, Nuevo Passion (2013), Nyet (2002, Soviet letter simulation).
- Oberon, Oberon-Deux, Obsidiscs (2003, dingbats), Oceanic Drift (2013), October Guard (2013, Cyrillic simulation face), Odinson (2007, runes), Olympicons (2003), Omega 3 (2010, futuristic), Omega Force (2013, octagonal / mechanical), Omega Sentry, OmniGirl (2003, techno), Opilio (2012), Opus Magnus (2013, metal band font), Oramac (2004), Ore Crusher (2013), Outlands-Truetype (2001), Outrider (2013), Ozda (2011, a fat techno family with several horizontally striped styles), Ozymandias.
- Psyonic VII (2012), Pandemonious Puffery (2002), Parker's Hand (2002, handwriting), Perdition, Peregrine, Phaser Bank (2008, techno), Philadelphia, Philly Dings (2003), Piper Pie (2007), Pistoleer (2011), Planet N, Planet S, Planet X, Player 1 Up (2012: architectural family), Police Cruiser (2013), Postmaster, Power Lord (2011), Presley-Press (2007), Press Darling (2012), Procyon, Prokofiev (2009, rounded and squarish), Promethean (2008), Protoplasm, Prowler (2013), Pseudo Saudi (1999, Arabic simulation), PuffAngel, Pulse Rifle (2009), Pyrabet.
- QTs (2013: erotic silhouettes), Quake-&-Shake, Quantum of Malice (2013), Quark Storm (2013), Quartermain (2002), Quasitron (2009, futuristic), Quatl (2002, an Inca font), Queen&Country (2009), Quest Knight (2009), Questlok, Quicken (2013, horizontal stencil), QuickGear, Quickmark (2004), QuickQuick, QuickStrike, QuickTech.
- RCMP, RadZad, Radio-Space, Raise Your Flag (2013), Realpolitik, Rebecca, Rebel Command (2012, Star Trek family), Redcoat (2008, blackletter), Red Rocket (2011, techno), Regulators, Replicant, Repulsor (2013, pixelish), Rhalina (2011, a nice upright script), Righteous Kill (2009), Robotaur (2008), Rocket Junk, Rocket Type (2002), Rogue-Hero, Roid Rage (2003), Ro'Ki'Kier (2008), Rosicrucian (2009, stone age font), Rubber Boy (2013, poster font family).
- Sable Lion (2002), Sagan (2008, futuristic), Scarab, ScarabScript, Sci-Fi (2008), SDF (2013), Sea-Dog, Searider-Falcon (2008), Secret Files (2011), Sever, Shining Herald (2013), SisterEurope, Snubfighter (2009, sci-fi), Soldier (2011), Sound FX (2003), Soviet, Space Cruiser, Space Junker, Space Ranger (2013), SPQR (2008, grunge roman), Spy Agency (2012), Spy Lord (2001), Starduster (2011), Starfighter, Star Navy (2009: dingbats), Strikelord (2011, trekkie family), Stuntman, Subadai Baan (2013), SuperUltra911, Superago (2002).
- Talkies (2008, dingbats), Tarrget (2013, based on the Tekken "Tag Tournament" logo), Taskforce (2008), Tauro (2012), Tele-Marines, Terra Firma, Texas, Texas2, TheRifleman, The Shire (2009), The Shooter (2012: gun dingbats), Thundergod, Thundergod II (2013), Thunder-Hawk (2011, an aviation techno face), Tigershark (2013), Timberwolf (2011), Time Warriors (2007), Tool (2012, dingbats of tools), Toon Town Industrial (2005, comic book font), Tower Ruins (2014: stencil), Tracer, Trajia (2008, a techno/stencil/athletic lettering family), Traveler (2008), Travelicons (2009), Travesty (2003, scrawly handwriting), Trek Trooper (2008, Startrek font), Trigger Man (2013, octagonal and mechanical), Trireme (2011, Star trek family), Tristram (2008, uncial), Troopers (2011, futuristic), Trueheart (2009, Celtic), Tussle (2002), Typeecanoe (hand-printed), Typhoon (2013).
- Uberholme, Uberholme Lazar (2001), UFO Hunter (2009), Ultra 911, Ultramarines (2013), Unisol, United Palanets (2014), UniversalJack, Uno Estado (2009, constructivist), U.S.A., USArmy, US Army II (2013), US Marshal (2012), US Navy (2007), U.S.S. Dallas (2008), Usuzi.
- Valerius (2009, uncial), Valkyrie (2008), Valley Forge (2008), Vampire Games (2001), VariShapes (2001), VideoStar, Vigilante Notes (2003), Vilmos Magyar, Vindicator (2012, techno), voxBOX, Voortrekker Pro (2009: octagonal and athletic lettering family), Vorpal (2012: sci-fi stencil face), Vorvolaka (2013), Voyage Fantastique (2013), Vyper (2008, futuristic stencil).
- War Eagle (2009), War Machine, War Priest (2012), Warrior Nation (2011), Wars of Asgard (2009), Watchtower (2012), Weaponeer (2008, military lettering), Were-Beast (2008), Wet Works (2013, grungy stencil), Whatafont, Ensign Flandry (2003), Whiskey Bravo (2003), Wildcard (2011, Star trek family), Wimp Out (2004), Wolf's Bane (+II, +Super-Extended, 2013), Woodgod (2013), Worldnet (great wordly O), Write Off, Writer's-Block, WyldStallyns.
- Xaphan (2003), XCryption (1999, a hacker face), X-Fighters (2014), XPED, Xcelsion (2002), Xenophobia, Xephyr, Xeppelin (2005, zeppelin dingbats), X-Grid (2008), Xiphos (2007), Xmas Xpress (2013), Xoxoxa, X-Racer (2012).
- Yahren, Yama Moto (2009: oriental simulation), Yankee Clipper (2011), Yay USA (2013), Year 2000, Year3000 (2001), Yellow Jacket (2002), Yiroglyphics (2004), Yorstat (oriental simulation), Young Frankenstein (2013), Youngtechs (2008, futuristic), Yukon Tech.
- Za's Vid (2001, pixel font), Zado (2002, dot-matrix font), Zakenstein (2011, caps only grunge), Zamboni Joe (2002, hand-printed)), Zealot (2008), Zee Lance, Zen Masters (2002, pixelish), Zeta Sentry (2009, techno/futuristic), Zollern (2013), Zombie Control (2013: a bloody paint drip face), Zone Rider, Zoologic (2009, animal dingbats), Zyborgs, Zymbols.
Design company in Brazil run by Paulo W (b. 1970) from Recife. Paulo W is a gaúcho (Brazilian southerner), with interests in multiple areas, including poetry (he has published the digital opus Magical Book), graphic design and, most recently, type design.
Dafont link. MyFonts. MyFonts link. Abstract Fonts link. YWFT link. Behance link. Blog. Home page. Fonthaus. Monotype. Eshops. Facebook. Flickr. Klingspor link. Wordpress. Devian tart. T26. Linkedin. Identifont. Linotype. ITC. Faces.co. His typefaces:
- Free fonts: CornPop Three (borders), Too Good To Be True (2013, retro script), Blanchard Inland (2013), Living Together (2013), Arresto (2013, brush script), Hertziano (2013, non-connected fat script), Japanese Tourist (2013), Nouveau Never Dies Free (2013), The Beat Goes On (2012, fifties script), Stencix (2012), Figgins Brute Trash (grunge), Fontaniolo Beveled (2011, ornamental caps), Czech Gotika (2011), Random Dingbats (2011), Victorian Free Ornaments (2011), Rustic (2011), Armorial (2011), Woman Silhouettes (2011), The Nile Song (2010, hieroglyphics), Smith Typewriter (2009), Sign Flags (2010, semaphore dingbats), Senectus Morbus (2010), MesoAmerica (2010, Indian symbols), ClassicSketches (2010, dingbats), Columns (2010, dingbats of Greek and Roman columns), EasyCuneiform (2010), EasyLombardicTwo (2010), EasyOpenFace (2010, blackboard bold style), Egidia (2010), Significante (2010, dingbats with, e.g., gender symbols), WhiteDominoes (2010, domino pieces), Easy Heraldics (2010), Intellecta Heraldics (2010), Heraldic Devices (2011), KidingsFree (2010, dingbats), RoughTuscan (2010), The French (2009, Fleur de Lys dings), AprendizCaligrafico (2010), Volitiva (2006, Trajan caps and chancery lower case, all based on work by Ludovico Vicentino Arrighi), Gaivota (2006), KurrentKupferstichThin (2006), PaulKlein (2010), PaulKleinTwo (2010), PortuguesArcaicoLectura (2005), ReproxScript (2009, based on Jerry Mullen's Repro Script from 1953-1954), RickGearyHomage (2007, scanbats), WestBalaio (2006, ornamental caps), Corto Maltese (2006, scanbats), Renaissance Coiffure (2006), Renaissance Ornaments (2007), Renaissance Shoes (2012, free), TTF Tattoef (2006, tattoo-inspired dingbats), ExperiTypo5 (2006), Lower Metal (2006), Geometric Serif PW (2006), Geometric (2006), Geometric Petras PW (2006), War II Warplanes (2005), Carbono (2005), Times New Vespasian (2005), BoldBold (2005), Vengeance (2005), Doppleganger (2005), Chancelaresca (2005), Cursivo Saxonio (2005), Gotische Minuskel 1269 (2005: a Kanzlei Schrift after Dekan Hermann zu Soest, 1269) and Guto Lacaz (2005, dingbats).
- Richard Gans revival project: Gans Tipo Adorno, Gans Lath Modern, Gans Titular Adornada (2006), Gans Ibarra (2006), Gans Antigua (2006), Gans Antigua Manuscrito (2006), Gans Radio Lumina (2006), Gans Fulgor (2006), Gans Carmem Adornada (2006), Gans Italiana (2006, extensive Italian-style slab serif family), Gans Titania (2007), Gans Titania Adornada (2007), Gans Titular (2007), Gans Gotico Globo (2007: 9 styles by Iza W), Gans Royality (2007: 3 styles by Iza W), Gans Headpieces (2008), Gans Rasgos Escritura (2010: filets---followed in 2011 by Rasgos Escritura Nuevos), Gan Esquinazos (2010, frames), Gans Blasones (2010, shields), Gans Neoclassic Fleurons (2008), Gans Classical Fleurons, Gans Ding.
- Wood-inspired faces: Dead Wood Rustic (2007), Taranatiritza (5 wood type styles, after William Hamilton Page), Majestade (2007, by Iza W---two Tuscan style faces), Decorative Tuscanian (2007), Concave Tuscan (2010, wood type), Palermo (2007, by Iza W---Tuscan style family), Teatro (2009, Tuscan), Bruce Double Pica (2009, Tuscan; the Beveled weight is free), Antique Extended (2010, slab serif wood type), Dark Wood (2009, gothic), Dark Wood Beveled (2011).
- Charles Bluemlein's script revivals: Bluelmin Kisaburo (2013), Bluelmin Ralph (2012), Bluelmin Ronald (2012), Bluelmin Sandsfort (2012) and Bluelmin Benedict (2012). (2012).
- Blackletter: Salterio (2012, +Trash, +Three, +Gradient, +Shadow, +Shadow Two), Leothric (2011, bastarda), Bruce 532 Blackletter (2011, after George Bruce), Schneider Buch Deutsch (2007, +Trash, +Shadow, +Shadow Two), Schneidler halb fette Deutsch (2009, +Beveled), Schneidler Zierbuchstaben, Hostetler Fette Ultfraktur Ornamental (2007, blackletter caps), Gothic 16 CG (2007), Gothic 16 CG Decorative (2007, blackletter caps), Schneidler Grobe Gotisch (2008, Iza W, T-26), Allerlei Zierat (2008, ornament fonts based on a 1902 catalog of Schelter & Giesecke), Allerlei Zierat Capitals (2007), Psalter Gotisch (2009, a blackletter after the Benjamin Krebs blackletter face by the same name, ca. 1890), Münster-Gotische (2009, a blackletter family after a 1896 face by the same created by Schelter&Giesecke), Koberger N24 Schwabacher (2007), Student's Alphabet (2007, blackletter), Like Gutemberg Caps (2007), Nürnberg Schwabacher, Gotische Frame (2007: four framed blackletter styles by Iza W), Gotische (2007: ten ornate blackletter styles by Iza W), Gothic Garbage, Gothic Shadow, Gothic Trashed, Gothic Flourish (2009), Gotica Moderna (octagonal, blackletter), AltDeutsch (2007, four severe blackletter fonts by Iza W), Fin Fraktur, Gotische Bouffard, Heimat RGS, Gothic Handtooled Bastarda (2006), HostetlerFetteUltfrakturOrnamental (2007, blackletter caps), Gothic Handtooled Bastarda (2006).
- Historical revivals: Pantographia (2010: a digitization, as is, of several alphabets from Edmund Fry's Pantographia, 1799), Caslon2000, Caslon B, Delamotte Large Relief (2010), Figgins Brute (2007: 8 heavy Egyptian styles by Iza W based on Figgins' 1817 specimen book), Erased Figgins Brute (2007), Gras Vibert (2007, a didone family; followed by Gras Vibert Two in 2009).
- Erotic or human alphabets: American Way of Life (2011), Roman Silhouettes (2011), Silvestre Weygel (2007, named after Martin Weygel'a erotic alphabet from 1560, which in turn was based on Peter Flötner's 1534 alphabet), Gravure (caps face made of human silhouettes), Innocence (2007, dingbats of girls).
- Medieval chancery hand: Portugues Arcaico (2005, three medieval handwriting styles), Kurrent Kupfertisch (2006, a medieval hand done with Fernanda Salmona), Dovtrina Christam 1622 (authentic old manuscript face), Catania (2007, exquisite medieval caps in 3 styles by Iza W).
- Typewriter faces: Remix Typewriter (2012), Smith Trash (2012), Neo Bulletin (2010, +Trash), Remington PW (old typewriter face), Olivetti Linea (old typewriter face), Erased Typewriter 2 (2007: 4 styles by Paulo W), RIP Typewriter (2009), Shadow Typewriter (2007), Underwood Typewriter (by Iza W).
- Calligraphic: Bradstone Parker Script (after Zaner's penmanship), Jan van den Velde Script (2011, based on the penmanship of Jan van den Velde as illustrated in vna den Velde's 1605 book Spieghel der schrijfkonste; developed jointly by Paulo and Iza W), Penabico (2010, with Iza W); Penabico is a free interpretation of the copperplate script styles to be found in the Universal Penman, London, 1741, by George Bickham---it contains over 1500 calligraphic glyphs and 250 ornaments. Samples of Penabico: i, ii, iii, iv, v, vi, vii, viii, ix), Easy Calig, Intellecta Mixed Script (2008), Spencerian Constancia (2008), Calligraphia Latina Soft4 (2010, quilled ornaments), Intellecta Script commercial (2009), Spencerian By Product (2009), Spencerian Palmer Penmanship Pro (2010), Indenture English Penman (2010), Calligraphia Latina (2008-2010, in weights called Soft2, Dense, 3, Soft4, Mixed, Square Edition).
- Victorian, Edwardian: Engel (2007, by Iza W in 15 styles that have a 1870s look), Compendium (Victorian), Costado (2009, a Victorian / Western face).
- Ornamental caps: Doppel Mittel Lapidar Azure (2012), Musirte Antiqua (2012), The House of Usher (2012), Peterlon (2012), Dolphus Mieg Alphabet (2011, +Two), Dolphus Mieg Monograms (2011), Human Nature (2011), English Arabesque Revival 1900 (2011), Imprenta Royal Nonpareil (2011), XVI Century Shaw Woodcuts (2011), Ichweis Caps (2011), Cherubim Caps (2011), Rara Beleza (2011), Gothic 1880 Revival (2011), Angelicaps (2010), Unnamed Caps Two (2010), VertiCaps (2010) Rebimboca Caps (2010), Rebimboca Beveled (2012, free), Rebimboca Gradient (2012, free), Rebimboca Trash (2012, free), Rebimboca Outlined (2012, free), Republica Presente (2010), Speedball Metropolitan Caps (2010, after a design by Ross F. George), Nice Initials (2010), Morphelic (2010), DurerGotischCapitals (2010), Egmontian (2007, ornamental caps family), Saducismus Triumphatus (ornamental caps), Vogus (Victorian caps), Victorian Ornamental Capitals (2009) and Frompac 1889 Arabesque (2007) [both are classical arabesques published in Ludwig Petzendorfer's Schriften-Atlas. Eine Sammlung der wichtigsten Schreib- und Druckschriften aus alter und neuer Zeit nebst Initialen, Monogrammen, Mappen, Landeskarten und heraldischen Motiven fur die praktischen Zwecke des Kunstgewerbes, 1889], Lettrines Petin (+Ornée), Numa Initials (2006), Gradl Initialen, Vampirevich (2009, ornamental caps), Paulus Franck 1602 (2006, ornate caps), Geodec (2006, baroque caps), HostetlerFetteUltfrakturOrnamental (2007, blackletter caps), Cadels (2007, ornate caps by Iza W), Manuscript XIV Century (2007, by Iza W--four Lombardic caps), Merona (2007, by Iza W--ten Lombardic caps fonts), Selena (2007, by Iza W---ornate Victorian caps), Leyenda (great Victorian era ornamental caps), Mixed Capital Style (2007, caps), Lenda (2008, capitals), Kidnaped at Old Times (2008, ornamental caps, ransom note style), Mortised Capitals, Is Not ABrazilian Font (handprinted blackboard bold caps), Robur The Conqueror (2009, ornamental caps), Georgia Capitals (2009), Decadence avec Elegance (exaggerated ornamental caps).
- The American Advertise series: American Advertise No. 9 (2008), American Advertise No. 17 (2007, 19th century caps), American Advertise 018 and 019 (2008), American Advertise Square Series (2007), American Advertise 003 (2012), American Advertise 004 (2010), American Advertise 005 (2010), American Advertise 006 (2010, alphadings), American Advertise 007 (2010, ornamental caps).
- Ornaments, fleurons: Unpublished Ornaments Two (2013), Classix (2012), Cornucopia of Dingbats (2012, +Two, +Three, +Four, +Five, +Six), Cornucopia of Ornaments (2013), Cornucopia Caligrafica (2012), Vintage Hands (2012), Human Silhouettes (2012; +Free, 2013; +Two, 2013; +Human Silhouettes Three, 2013; +Four, 2013; +Five, 2014), Easy Fleurons (2012), Floreale Two (2012), Neoclassic Fleurons Free (2011), Calligraphic Frames Soft (2011, +Two), Jugendstil Flowers Free (2011), Easy Ornaments (2011), Blasons (2011), Blasons Free (2012), Armorial (2011), Monograms Soft (2010, with Iza W), Easy Tiles (2010), Free Tiles (2010), Rough Fleurons Two (2010), Vegetable Breath (2010), Corn Pop Plus (2010), Mortised Fleurons (2010), Mortised Ornaments (2011), Mortised Ornaments Free Two (2013), Golden Times (2010), Stahlhelme und Kronen (2010), Rough Fleurons (2006), Nouveau Never Dies (2009, ornaments), GeodecBruceOrnamented6 (2006, after a sample from the Bruce Type Foundry), Grave Ornamental (2006), BlackOrnaments (2008), Hera Hedelix (2009, ornamental tiles), Mortised Ornaments (2009), Soft Fleurons (2007), Half Flower (2007), Frames 1 (2007, by Iza W), Flower Essences, Micro Fleurons (2009), Naturella (2009, leaf and grape dingbats by Iza W), Black Fleurons (2010), Easy Fleurons Two (2011), Intellecta Borders (2008, by Iza W), Intellecta Style (2007, borders).
- Fonts made before 2007: Brute Aldine (2007, Western family), Bad Situation (2007, after a design by Freeman Delamotte from 1864), Benjamin Franklin (2007), Geodec Petras Enhanced (2006), Deutsche Poster (2006), FatFontGrotesk (2006), Orchis (2006, an art deco family by Iza W), Fantis (2006), Frompac (2006, with Iza W), Geodec Fog (2006), Intellecta Modern (2006), Intellecta Modern 2 (2006), Intellecta Romana Humanistica (2006), Advantage (2006, together with Iza W), Biza (2006, together with Iza W), Elegancy (2006, together with Iza W), Estiliza (2006, a sans family together with Iza W), Experitypo 4, Stairway to Heaven, Copperplate PW, Dings PW, Roger Dean, Gliphs PW, Luxeuil, Watchtower Bible 1965, Gabinete Portugues (11 fonts), Elara (2009), Xilografuras (dingbats), Beta, Alta, Paleolitica Nacional, Shakespeare Studs, Copperplate collection (5 fonts), Wine, Ampersamp, James Poem, Leal Conselheiro, Haeckel Enygma, Iza B, Of, Lementa (2006, ornate family), Pirates (dingbats), Wire Clip (2009), Divina Proportione (2009, dingbats), Tharagaverung (2007), Correo (2009, a nice manly bold face), Titivilus (2007, Roman lettering), Pirates De Luxe (2007, dingbats), Geodec Minuskel (2006), Geodec Spyral (2006), Copperplate Decorative (2006), Feosa (2006), Francesco Decorative (2006, Iza W), Geodec Petras Enhanced (2006), Ibarra Flourished (2006), Intellecta Decorative 017 (2006), Intellecta Decorative 018 (2006), Intellecta Slab Bold (2006), Kansas Decorative (2006), Pingente (2006), Sixties Living (2006), Caractere Doublet (2007), DeutschePosterSteinschrift (2007; by Iza W), GP Casual Script (2007), Colonia Portuguesa (2007), Contouration (2007), Deco Experiment 3 (2007), Floresco (2007), Flower Jars (2007, by Iza W---a very nice idea), Frutisis (2007), Intellecta Monograms (2007: 19 monogram fonts by Paulo W), Intellecta Monograms Random Sample (2012-2013: several typefaces), Peloponeso (2007, by Iza W), Porcupine (2007, by Iza W), Southern Flight (2007, by Iza W---condensed), TTF TTTOEF 4 (2007, by Iza W---dingbats), GeodecBruceFlourished, HostetlerNormande, Victorian Ultra Parphernalia (2007), Angels (2007), Angels Free (2013), Mondrongo (2007), Oorlog (2007).
- Fonts in 2008: Das Riese (3d engraved caps, +Shadow), Economica (sans, T26), Antiqua Double 12, Bad Baltimore (+Beveled, +Typewriter), Calligraphia Latina (2008-2009, in weights called Soft2, Dense, 3, Mixed, Square Edition, Free), Fry's Alphabet, Grissom (bug dingbats, by Iza W), Latinish (by Iza W), Lettering Deco (by Iza W), Litho Romana Inland, Quadratta Serif (a slab serif by Fernando Diaz), TTF TATTOEF 7 (by Iza W).
- Fonts made in 2009: Eingraviert (engraved; scans: i, ii, iii), Eingraviert Beveled (2011), Greko Roman Oldstyle, Ortodoxa do oriente, Sans Square, Speedball (by Iza W, Victorian style), Speedball Western Letters (after Ross F. George's lettering), Elara (2009), Intellecta Roman Tall, Force Brute & Ignorance, Sunamy Caps, Starret, The Pilgrim (alphadings), Renaisperian (alphadings), Real Caps Two, Mateus Bold (4 bold styles), Intellecta Crafts (arts and crafts family), Bruce 1490, Bradley Dingies (five dingbat faces, after William H. Bradley), Allerlei Zierat Renaissance, Grave Plus, the grungy Monkey series (Victorian Monkey, Monkey Poesy, Monkey Messed Gutenberg Caps, Monkey Was Here, Monkey Insinuation, Monkey In The Middle Ages), Montezuma (dingbats), Grotesque and Arabesque, Calhambeque (old car dingbats), Eiger (2009, a 3d sketched headline face).
- Faces made in 2010: Polen, Pencraft (capitals were inspired in Swagger Capitals, an original design from Carl Stephen Junge, at Barnhart Brothers & Spindler; lowercase based Pencraft Specials, an ornamental variation of the Pencraft Oldstyle series, as displayed in the BBS catalog from 1922), Salamemingoe (children's hand), BarberPoles, Beware the neighbors (scary), BlackInitialText, CaligrafiaDivina, CornPop, CowboyHippie Pro, Grotesca3-D, Nardis, Senzacuore, Speedball Metropolitan Poster (2010, after a design by Ross F. George), TagWood, Tosca, TypographyTribute, Zooland, Bubbleboddy-Fat, bubbleboddylight-Light, Pretoria Gross (a Victorian family done with Iza W), Wood Font Five, Wood Font Four, Herr Foch (art nouveau), Rebimboca, Octagon French (a 3d beveled face due to George Nesbitt, 1838), Picuxuxo (retro futuristic, comic book style), Large Old English Riband, Ornamental Riband, Kidings (Dutch dingbats), Hostil (originally done in 2007: a headline family; followed by Hostil Shadow Two (free, 2012) and Hostil Gradient (free, 2012)), Grotesca, Heptagon French, Antiquariaat (condensed), Cortinado, Sanoxio (3d headline face), Violentia (grunge), Swirlies (spiral dings).
- Faces from 2011: Dia de los Muertos (fantastic skeletal masks), Inland Becker, Rasgos Escritura Nuevos, Jaggard (2007, a renaissance penmanship caps typeface modeled after Joachim Romann's Queen (1954-1956, Stempel)), Jaggard Two, Naive Ornaments Black, Augustus (+Beveled: roman letters), Sayonara (oriental simulation face; the Beveled style is free), Trash Barusa (inline ornamental face), Free Ribbons, Black Ornaments Three, Calligraphia Latina Soft 5, Heraldic Devices Premium, Ornate Blackboards, Benjamin Franklin Beveled, Baltimore Typewriter Beveled, Bernardo Beveled, Van den Velde Script (a free interpretation of the work of the famous master penman Jan van den Velde, found in the Spieghel der schrijfkonste, in den welcken ghesien worden veelderhande gheschrifften met hare fondementen ende onderrichtinghe (Haarlen, 1605)), Indenture English Penmanship, Penmanship Birds and Ornaments (2012), Beware The Neighboors Shadow (texture face), White Free (shadow face), Delamotte Large Relief Beveled.
- Typefaces made in 2012: Porosa, Presto, Derradeira (signage script), About Sweet Memories (brush script), Intellecta Ribbons, Irrelevante (beveled caps), Laus Sus Chris (Christian dingbats), Unpublished Ornaments, Heavy Squared Writing (brush face), Mezcla Titan, Sweet About (retro script), Publicité, Hard to read monograms, Free Medieval, Doctor Polidori (initial caps), Mixed Silhouettes, Glosilla Castellana Cursiva (inline type family), Sayonax (a textured version of the oriental simulation typeface Sayonara), Wood Stevens (free), Rockabilly (fifties script), Interdite Script (heavy calligraphic face), Prismatica (free), Cristalid (free prismatic face), Zed Leppelin (free), Neo Bulletin Outline (free), Neo Bulletin College (2012), Victorian Free Ornaments (+Two), Spanish Army Shields (+Two), Varius Multiplex, Stephens Heavy Titling.
- Typefaces from 2013: Face of Yesterday (calligraphic script), Ribbon in the sky, Dreamer (a flowing upright semi-connected script), Vorname (blackletter), Barocque Capitals, Close To You (a rabbit-eared script), Wappen (heraldic shields), Eletroz (hand-printed), Morcrepito (blackletter), Metropolitan Poster Black, Animal Solihouettes, Intellecta Pointers and Hands, The Loyalist (script), Vonnegut (a left-leaning script), Perhaps Love (left-leaning script), So Lonely (script), Exposition (upright script), Plaster of Paris (connected script), Volstead (connected script), Versitia (connected script), Porongo (heavy brush script), Fat Fantasy, Das Krieg (soldier dingbats), Corn Pop Two (ornamental corners), Corn Pop Four, Astrodings, Vulnavia Sans (comic book face), Capitular Heraldica, Mirella Initials Ornamntals (a swashy calligraphic script; with Iza W), Carpete (retro script), Free Writer, Round Hand, Exclusivite (fifties script), Hertz Oscillations (fat retro script), Heavy Rock (fifties script), Raindrops (retro script), Ralph Walker (ronde), Exiles (retro signage script), Mr. Richmond Caps (art nouveau alphadings), Berengard Caps Two.
- Typefaces from 2014: Kidnapped at German Lands (ransom note font), Kidnapped at German Lands 2.
Jonathan Stephen Harris
[Tattoo Woo (or: Smokewire)]
Maelle Keita is the second identity of Thomas Boucherie (Montpellier, France). The Maelle persona is a Swiss creator of the free fonts Pomerole (2014), Paper For Your Ass (2014), Paper Towel (2014), Wolf in the City (2014), Dragon is Coming (2014), J'aime bien le dimanche (2014), Camelia (2014, grungy signage script), Kosmo Cat (2014, a stone age script), Ophelia Script (2014), Monkey Snake (2014), Ventilla Script (2014), Slow Motion (2014), Ail et Fines Herbes (2014: hairline script), Mister Fish : upright curly script(2014), Elephant (2014), Nemo One (2014), Royal Chicken (2014, signage script), Nenuphar of Venus (2013), There Can Only Be One Breaver Im It (2013: flourishes), Ruskof (2013, grunbgy Cyrillic simulation face), Kawaii Food Font (2013, dingbats), Chouette Alors (2013, owls), Eglantine (2013, upright script), Zentai Itacha (2013), Magnolia (2013), God Bless America (2013), Jack And The Beanstalk (2013, upright connected script), Halloween Trick (2013, dingbats), Noyeux Joel (2013, Christmas dings), Angel of Blood (2013), Matriochkas (2013), My Princess Likes A Frog (2013), Skate or Die (2013, dingbats), Chouette Alors (2013, owls), Sleep on the moon (2013), Animox (2013, teddy bear dingbats), It Was A Good Day (2013, ornaments and filets), Ordre de Depart (dot matrix face), Diane de France (2013, calligraphic), Serval (2013, script), Chicago Eskimo (2013, fat outlined signage face), Quality Street (2013, vintage signage script), From The Moment (2013, frames), Arabia (2013, upright connected script), Hector Le Dragon (2013), Fantom Better (2013), Mont Royal, Coccinelle, Ponctuation, Miel & Abeille, La Petite Puce, Yo te amo pero en secreto, Conjecture (a sketch font), Coloscobik (2013, a marquee face), Ejaculator, This Is Not A Font, Tell Me A Secret (2013), Chocolate Cake (2013, plump outline face), Eglantine (2013), Ornamind (2013, floral dingbats), La Grosse Cochonne (2013), Toyzareux (2013, bubblegum font), Oliver Tue Les Fourmis (2013), Two Fingers King (2013, an ornamental blackletter), Piragniac (2013), Marguerite (upright connected script), Gulliver, Arakphobia (2013, a spiderweb font), Gelatina Elemente (connected script), Zenzai Itacha (oriental simulation), Atlas Eternal 78 (2013), Serial MKV 1 (2013), The Black Manba (2013), Gang Bang Crime (2013, a dripping paint font), La Grenouille Verte Qui Devient Toute Rouge (2013), Aracme Waround (2013), Zoa Elephantesque (2013), Estrela Fulguria 1748 (2013, calligraphic), Cirus Quantum Solace (2013), Paint All Time (2013), Jumbo Burn (2013), Allo t'as pas de shampoing, Helene Queen K (2013, script), Not Only The Quake (2013, script), One Day Before Rain (2013), Bullet Campus (2013), Eternal Call (2013, swashy calligraphic font), Kill The Panda (2013, a textured blackletter face), Trash Butterfly (2013, ornamental caps) and In Secret I Love You (2013, hand-printed), A Sweet Melody My Lady (a circular font), Lady Solarus Queen 1789.
Fontspace link. Dafont link. [Google]
Maniackers Design (or: MKS)
About 150 free original fonts by Masayuki Sato (from Futaba, Japan), over half of them pixel fonts. For most fonts, he has a Latin alphabet (denoted by AL) and a katakana alphabet (denoted by KT). Some also have a hiragana version (denoted by HR). All fonts were made between 1998 and 2009.
Abstractfonts link. Fontspace link. Artistic rendering of a kanji character. [Google]
- By Masayuki Sato&Tsuyoshi Nagae: Merumo-AL, KT, PonyPony-AL, KT, HR, Topo-AL, TM Extended-AL / 2Type, MinnanoUta-AL, KT, HR, Seele-AL / 2Type, Robin-AL, Peco-AL, KT, Honey-AL, Blur-AL.
- By Masayuki Sato&Eri Nagae: Stitch-AL.
- By Masayuki Sato&T. Waka: Chihuahua-AL, KT, HR / 3Type.
- By Masayuki Sato&Mami Kobayashi: Alphabet Man, Detroit Type City-AL, Foood-AL, KT, Pokupoku-AL, KT, HR, Ball2-AL, Box2-AL, Button2-AL, Xtal-AL, KT, HR, Ikaho-AL, KT, MD Radiogram-KT, HR, Nepon-AL.
- By Mami Kobayashi: Ikaho-HR, TypeCantabile-KT, Kotodama-KT, Sandy-AL / 2Type, Yonimofushigina-AL, KT, Cloooud-AL, Yonimofushigina-HR, Timber-AL,KT, HR, Sunday-AL / 3Weight, Hyonnakotokara-AL, KT, HR.
- By Eiji Sunaga: Tanrei 2.0-KT.
- By Junya Yamada (Channel 67): Drip-KT, Bobo-AL.
- By Masayuki Sato&Junya Yamada: Maniac 2-AL, KT.
- By Atsushi Moda: Angle.
- By Shinji Naka: Typobokan katakana (at least, the graphics of this comic book style font were by Shinji Naka).
- By Masakazu Fukushima: Lucha-doll mask (a fantastic mask dingbat font).
- By Atsuko Onozato: Pazool.
- By Malte Haust of Bionic Systems: DorisOrange.
- By André Nossek: Collage Rmx-AL, Hard Rmx-AL.
- By Masayuki Sato&Hiroko Takiguchi: Holiday Bitmap14-AL, Holiday Ultra-AL, KT, HR, Holiday Bold-AL, KT, HR, Holiday-AL, KT, HR, Holiday-illust, Holiday Tategaki-KT, HR, Holiday-MDJP03 / 2Byte, Holiday-MDJP02, Ribbontic 2.0-AL.
- By Masayuki Sato and Masashi Kato: Pico (2009, rounded comic book style).
- By Masashi Kato&Mayucco: Yakitori-AL, KT, HR / 2Byte.
- By Masayuki Sato&Ryo Asoda: Wallpainting-AL, Cosmic-AL, Bellows-AL, KT.
- By Masayuki Sato&Kaori Inada: Sennin-AL.
- By Masayuki Sato&Shizuka Yamazaki: SwingingBird-AL, KT, HR.
- By Masayuki Sato&Junichi Omi: Omiyage-AL, KT, HR.
- By Masayuki Sato&Rollingcradle: Poranger-AL, Lucha doll-mask.
- By Masayuki Sato&Omnikono: Gt informat-AL, KT.
- By Masayuki Sato: Donki-KT (2010), Cherry-Cherry KT (2010), 239 Schablone-AL (2010), RBIO-AL (2010), FSB08 Klang-AL (2010), 224 MKSD-AL (2010), 223 MKSD-AL (2010), 235MKSD (2009, thin octagonal), Nepon-KT, Nepon-HR, Monday-AL / 3Type, Childish-AL, KT, HR, Volt-AL, KT, HR, Gavadon Ultra-KT, Building 2-AL, KT, Gachapon 2-KT, CinemaMa-AL, KT, HR, Skinny-AL, Magatama-AL, Astro 3.0-AL, KT, 160MKSD-AL, KT, TypoBokan-KT (3DCG), Lunch-KT, HR, Partner-AL / 3Type, Pico Super Ultra Bold-AL, 096MKSD-Synapse-AL, Millennium 5lines-AL, Tekuteku Round-AL, Warp-AL, Cherry Cherry-KT, Donki-KT, 078MKSD Medium Con-AL, Poco-AL, Temporary Extra-AL, 071MKSD Medium-AL, KT, 071MKSD Bold-AL, KT, Paco-AL, Collage-AL, Zerozero Nine-AL, KT, HR, Finger Five-AL, Electronica Nine-AL, Drifter Five-AL, Ultra Seven-AL / 3Type, Thaitype Ten-Thai, AL, KT, Gogo Five 2.0-AL, System Seven-AL / 7Type, 201MKSD-AL / 4Type, Fluorescent-AL / 2Type, FSB07 Astra-AL, KT, HR / 4Type, Nihonbashi 2.0-AL, KT, 176MKSD-AL, Continue-AL, Spaghettini-AL / 3Type, Pinponpan2, 3, 4-HR / 3Type, Pico-AL / 2Type, Kokecco2-KT, Charakyoro-AL, Coppepan-AL, KT, HR, Sardinen-KT, HR, Hachipochi Eight-AL, KT, Janis Heavy-AL, Futaba-KT, April Fool-AL, KT, HR, Arawasu-KT, Airline-AL, KT, HR, Astro 2.0-KT, Snail-AL, KT, Akachan-AL, KT, HR (Flop Design), Dorisorange-AL, KT (T26), Parade20-AL, KT, UFOnt-51silhouette, Rabbit35-silhouette, Dog30-Silhouette, Coil-AL, KT / 3Type, Frankfurter Custum Black-AL, COLOR-AL, Fivemani-AL, KT, Astroro-AL, KT, Puco-AL, 184MKSD Omnibus-AL, Alfadental-AL, FSB08 Klang-AL, KT / 3Type, TDA140607-AL, Shotaro V3-AL, KT, Colopocle-AL, KT, Melt-AL / 3Type, Tekuteku-AL, Crayon-AL, Digits-AL, Performar-AL, Pinponpan-HR, Airplane 2.0-AL, KT, Button-AL, Ball-AL, Box-AL, OLD CUBE-AL, Elekitel-HR, Retroket-AL, MKS Dot-AL, RikuKaiKu-Illust, Angle-AL, FontRemix 02 (36-kanji dingbat font). Font Pavilion sells these fonts: Building, Gavadon (kata), Volt (romaji, kata), Colopocle (katakana, romaji), Shotaro (katakana, romaji). Typo Bokan, Sennin, Snail. At Digitalogue, he published the screen font series Zerozero in 2000.
[Maniackers Design (or: MKS)]
[Pixel Sagas (was: Protoform Project, and Fontshack)]
Vernon Adams (born England, 1967) is a furniture restorer, woodcarver and typeface designer. New Typography is his type design site. Vernon graduated in 2007 with an MA in type design from the University of Reading and lives in California. Fontspace link. Dafont link. Google Plus link. Fontsquirrel link. Klingspor link.
He developed Mako (2007), a type family for text and image in magazines. Earlier, he created AutoPacHousehold. Nobile (2010) is part of the Google font directory. Through the Open Font Library, one can get the source Fontforge code for this open source sans family. About Mako, he writes that he submitted the font to Fontsmith, which sat on it for a while and rejected it, only to publish a few weeks later Lurpak, which according to Vernon is too similar to his rejected design. Free fonts at Google Code by Vernon, as of the end of 2010 include Coda (a heavy elliptical face), Nobile (mentioned above), Corben (a curvy bold face in the style of Cooper Black), and Gruppo (a thin sans).
In 2011, he added Coustard (a slab serif family), Damion (connected signage script), Smythe (Victorian), Radley (display face), Oswald (a reworking of the Alternate Gothic style: see this dedicated typeface), Candal (sans), Pacifico (connected signage face), Bangers (comic book face), Anton (heavy sans), Bevan (a reworking of Beton, a traditional slab serif display typeface created by Heinrich Jost in the 1930s), Six Caps (a condensed headline face), Meddon (a display font created from the handwritten script of an Eighteenth century legal document), Rokkitt (an Egyptian), Paytone One (headline face), Holtwood One SC (wood block simulation face), Monofett (white on black), Carter One (casual face), Francois One (gothic sans), Sigmar One (think mid twentieth century pulp magazine advertising), Bigshot One, Metrophobic, Mako, Francois One, Nunito (rounded), Shanti, Sigmar, Muli (minimalist sans), Kameron (an Egyptian), Stardos Stencil, Bowlby One, Bowlby One SC (fat poster face), Tienne (serif), Monoton (a multiline face in the style of Koch's Prisma, 1931), Sancreek (emulating an ornamental wood font), Amatic SC (handprinted poster family), Sancreek (a Tuscan face), Oswald (in the old Alternate Gothic tradition of sans faces), Rammetto (based on the Stephenson Blake uppercase display font Basuto, released in 1926), and Michroma (modeled after Microgramma).
Typefaces made in 2012 include Bench Nine (Google Web Fonts: based on old Stephenson Blake typefaces), Oxygen (a sans face available from Google Web Fonts), Oxygen Mono (Google Web Fonts), Norican (free script font at Google Web Fonts based in part on Stephenson Blake's Glenmoy from the 1920s), Cutive (free at Google Web Fonts, based on the IBM typewriter faces Executive and Smith-Premier), Pontano Sans (Google Web Fonts: a light basic sans), Trocchi (Google Web Fonts: derived from Nebiolo's Egiziano, and Caslon & Co's Antique No.4 and Ionic No.2), Seymour One (Google Web Fonts: derived from Sigma One), Anaheim (sans, Google Web Fonts), Cutive and Cutive Mono (Google Web Fonts: based on the typewriter typefaces of IBM's Executive and the older Smith-Premier).
Typefaces from 2013: Mondo (sans), Oswald (grotesque and stencil), Anton (grotesque). [Google]
[CAT Design Wolgast]
Pixel Sagas (was: Protoform Project, and Fontshack)
Free original designs, often with a science fiction feel, by Neale Davidson (b. 1971). Does some custom font work. Adventure.
Neale Davidson's typefaces:
- 4E Dings (based on those used in WotC's 4E Dungeons and Dragons game).
- AdventureNormal (1998), AdventureSubtitlesNormal, Alpha Mutation (2012, based on the title logo to the 2011 version of "Gammaworld"), Algol (2013, based on the logo for R Talsorian's "Mekton Zero" role-playing game), Alternity, Amuro (2013, +Condensed: an ocragonal typeface), Anayanka (2013, Cyrillic simulation font), Ancient Thorass (2013), Angel Arms (2012, a shothole font), Anglorunic (2011), Angolmois (2013, based on the Hasbro 'Dark Energon' exclusive toy line), Armorhide (2013, sci-fi face), Arneson (2013), Artifact (2011; became Ravenwood), Aurebesh (2013, based on the WEG version of Star Wars Imperial Writing).
- Bantorain (2013, spurred), BattleBeasts (2000), Beastformer (2011, based on the long-ago logo of Hasbro's "Battle Beasts"), Bayformance (2014), Beast Wars (2011, based on the logo of the show of the same name), Betazed (2013, for Star Trek betazoids), Bidan (2013, constructivist), Bienvenu (2011, pixel face), Blitzwing (2013, octagonal family), Blofeld (2013, a distressed font based on the title logo of Exile's cult-classic "Evil Genius"), Bloomingworth (2013), Braddington (2013, art deco), Broadmoor (2012, art deco).
- Callie Mae (2013: a rounded organic sans), Cardosan (2013, runic script), Carlton (2012), Celestial, Chapleau (2012, art deco), Chinyen (2005, oriental simulation), Clark (2013), Classic Robot (2011), Coburn (2013: miltary stencil), Colony Wars (replaced by Gallonigher), Comic Book, Constitution Class Hull, Convoy (2011, based on the logo for "Armada" and "Robots in Disguise"), Crichton (2013, an avant-garde font based on the title logo from the "Farscape" television series), 2015 Cruiser (2013, based on the police-car lettering used in the move "Back to the Future II"), Crystal Deco (2008, based on the logo for much of the merchandising for "Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull"), CuniformEnglishNormal, Cyberfall (2013, octagonal / mechanical face based on the logo of the console game "Fall of Cybertron"), Cybertron Generations (dingbats, now replaced by Transdings), Cybertron Metals, Cybertron OpCode (2014), Cyberverse (2011, futuristic).
- Daedra (2012: based on the Elder Scrolls series of games), Dai Atlas (2013, based on the original Transformers logo from Hasbro), DalelandsNormal (a Celtic face based on the lettering used in early TSR Dungeons and Dragons products), Datacron (2013: based on the Fall of Cybertron toyline), Decahedron (2012), Destronic Graffiti (2013), Dethek Stone (2011, runes), DiamondFantasyNormal, Dinobots (based on the Dinobots logo from Hasbro's Beast Machines line), Dodecahedron (2012), Downlink (2013, techno), Dragonmaster, Dunkin and Dunkin Sans (2012, based on the rounded fat letters of the Dunkin Donuts logo), Dovahkiin (2013), dPoly (2013, polyhedra and game dingbats), Duodecahedron (2012), Dwemer (2013), Dynotherm (2013, a heavy octagonal face).
- Eladrin (2011, based on the third edition version of the Elven font used in Dungeons and Dragons), Electrorocket (2012, art deco), Elminster, Emotion Engine (2012, based on the Playstation 2 logo from Sony), Empanada (2013), Emulator (based on the old Nintendo game font), Energon (2011), Equestria (2012: based on the My Little Pony Line), Erte (2013), Espruar (2011, based on the Elvish script found within TSR's "2nd Edition: Dungeons and Dragons" Forgotten Realms Elvish script), Eurocorp (2012, based on the logo and menus within the classic "Syndicate Wars" game from Bullfrog Entertainment), Exodite Distressed (2013, a custom design for LPJ's "Neo-Exodus" Pathfinder campaign world).
- Falmer (2013), Flipbash (2012, an octagonal typeface that is based on the logo of Hasbro's Bot Shots), Flynn (2011, futuristic stencil face), Fontana (2011, techno-futuristic), Fractyl (2013, used for the Predacons' speaking bubbles in the BotCon "Ground Zero" comic in 1997), Furmanite (2011).
- Gaiking (2012: Based on the logo of Mattel's Giant Robot toyline, Shogun Warriors), Galaxy Force (2011, based on Hasbro's Transformers: Cybertron logo), Gallonigher (was Colony Wars), Gamedings, Gargish (2013), Gargoyles, Garriott (2013, runic), Geddes (2011, art deco sans related to Futura), Gemcut (2013), Generation Two, Gin Rai (2011, based on the logo of Hasbro's latter-era "Generation One" Transformers series), Gold Box (2012, a pixel face based on the in-game lettering from the classic SSI "Gold Box" game collection, featuring Dungeons and Dragons: Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, and so on), Gosub (2011, a pixel face similar to the on-screen lettering of the Timex Sinclair), Gotham Nights (2011, based on the lettering used in "Batman: The Animated Series"), Green Martian (2013), Gutcruncher (2011, based on the logo from the famous Blood Bowl game), Graalen (2013: an alien-glyph typeface based on the Andorian writing found in Last Unicorn Games' Among the Clans supplement for their Star Trek: Roleplaying Game).
- Harker (2013), Harpers (runes), Hauser (octagonal, futuristic; Former "Action Force", based on the logo of GI Joe), Hellpoint (2013, based on some of the plate markings founds in IDW's "Transformers" comic series), Hetfield (2013: a spurred typeface), Hexahedron (2012: dice), Hexahedron Rounded (2013), Hyperspace (2012, thin monoline octagonal, based on the original Atari vector font from Battlezone, and on Asteroids).
- Imaki (2011, futuristic; was Cybertron Metals; based on the logo of the Japanese Beast Wars Metals series), Indiana (2012, from the titling for the Indiana Jones movies and comics), Instruction (2012, monospaced and monoline caps face for engineering applications), Invaders (2012, based on posters for the 1960s movie), Iori (2013, octagonal stencil family).
- Jedi (2012: Star Wars logo font), JediHollowNormal, JediSolidNormal, Jefferies (former Constitution Class Hull, based on the original Star Trek Enterprise lettering), Jhiaxus (2011, based on the logo of "Transformers: Generation Two"), Joystick (2011, based on the lettering used from Sears' Tele-Games cartridges), Jumpman (2012, based on the logo of the original Donkey Kong game from Nintendo).
- Kanno (a geometric sans formerly called Sharon Apple), Kentaurus (2013, Greek simulation typeface; he writes: This 'microgramma-like' font is based on the "Kentaurus" writing found within Franz Joseph's "Star Trek: Technical Manual"), Ketchum (2011, a comic book face based on the logo of the popular Pokemon franchise), Kreon (2011, a round techno face based on the logo of Hasbro's Kre-O line).
- LaBoeuf (2011, techno: based on Indiana Jones subtitles), Laser Rod (2011, based on the Transformers line), Lassiter (2012, a spurred Western typeface), Lorre (art deco).
- Mage Script (2013), Majel (2013, an avant-garde typeface), Majoram (2012, a hairline avant garde typeface), Majoram Serif (2012), Manga (2011, oriental simulation), Mara's Eye (2013, based on the lettering used on Disneyland's Indiana Jones "Forbidden Eye" ride), Marston (2013, on the title logos of numerous Spaghetti westerns), Masterforce, MasterforceHollow, MasterforceSolid, MaximalBeasts, Maximus, Mechalock (2013, based on the "Combiners" subline logo from Hasbro's "Robots in Disguise" Transformers series), Mech Tech (2013, based on Hasbro's "Transformers: Dark of the Moon's" toys' "Mech Tech" logo), Medabots (based on the Hasbro toy line), Megatron (2011, based on the logo of the live-action Transformers movies), Microgramma Extended (later replaced by Probert), Minerva (2012: based on the logos used for Shout's releases of Transformers: Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory), Mission GT-R (2013, based on Takara's "Transformers: GT-R"), Mode X (2012, based on lettering from classic "Mode X" games of the early 1990s), Modern Cybertronic (2013: an alien-dings font based on Jim Sorenson's "Ancient Autobot" script), Modern Destronic (2013: based on Jim Sorensen's "Ancient Decepticon" script), Modern Iaconic (2014: based on the 'runic' letting found in Transformers: Legacy), Montalban (2011, based on the title credits of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan), Moria (runes), Morse Tech, MysticEtchingsNormal.
- Nakadai (2011, a unicase techno font based on Hasbro's Transformers: Prime figures), Neo Gen (2011, based on the logo for the SD Gundam series of games), Neostar (2012, sci-fi), Neverwinter (2011, based on the logo of the popular "Neverwinter Nights" computer game from Bioware) (see also here), Night Warrior, Nippon Tech (faux oriental), Nite Club (2011, dot matrix).
- Octohedron (2012), Okuda (formerly Okudagrams; based on the LCARS characters from Star Trek: The Next Generation), Omnicron, Ophidian, Optic (2011), Optimus (2011, based on the original Transformers logo from Hasbro), Orion (2012, a techno-style font based on the "Robots in Disguise" logo from Hasbro's 2012 Transformers toyline), Overseer (2011).
- Pacmania (2013), Palisoc (2013), Phoenixians (2012: based on the logo of Centuri's Phoenix arcade game), Pixel Musketeer (2013, based on Sony's Wild Arms and Wild Arms 2 games for the Playstation), Pixel NES (2013: based on screen fonts of Colecovision, Timex Sinclar, Nintendo, SimTech's ModeX VGA, Tandy Color), Planewalker (formerly called Magic Cards. Based on the text used in older Magic: The Gathering cards), Plavsky (2013), Pokemon, Powerpuff (based on the logo of "The Powerpuff Girls" from Cartoon Network), PredaconBeasts, Probert (replaces Microgramma Extended), Protoculture (2012, based on the franchise logo of Robotech).
- Qijomi (2013), Quintanar (2011), Quantum (2013: based on the title credits of the James Bond movie "Quantum of Solace").
- Rapier Zero (2013), Ravenwood (2011), Razorclaw (2013: based on the logo of the Beast Hunters Transformers line), Reconstruct (2013), Regen (2012: a science-fiction font based on the logo used on the cover of the Transformers: Regeneration One comics), Renegade (2013, techno stencil, based on FASA's "Renegade Legions" gaming line), Resavy (2012, a Broadway style art deco beauty), Rio Oro (2012, a Far West Tuscan marquee font), Robot Masters (now called Takara), Roddenberry (2011, based on the StarTrek logo), Roughknight (formerly Materia Arms. Based on the Wild Arms 5 video game logo---it simulates wood type and is Western in concept), RubCaps (2013), RunicEnglishNormal.
- SandsofFireNormal, Schnaubelt (2011, rounded technical caps face), Sierra Madre (2012: an avant-garde face based on the Sierra Madre casino's logo from Fallout: New Vegas: Dead Money), Silverball Oblique (2012, LED font), Simple Runes, Sinescript (2013), SkeksisNormal, Skir, Sorenson (2013, a stencil typeface), StarcraftNormal, Starfleet (2004), Stark (2012: based on the title logo of the Iron Man and Iron Man 2 movies), Steamcog Caps (2013), Steampuff (2012), Steamwreck (2012), Sternbach (2011), Straczynski (2011, based on the opening credits for the classic television series "Babylon 5"), Suchet (2013: a nice art deco typeface inspired by the material of BBC Production's legendary "Poirot" series starring David Suchet), Symtext (2012, a faux 5x5 bitmap font based on the lettering used in early VGA games, such as Syndicate).
- Taibaijan (faux Arabic), Takara (former Robot Masters; based on the "Robot Masters" logo from Takara's Transformers), Tandysoft (2011, based on the old typeface of the MC-10 computer), Tellarite (2013: based on the canonical glyphs of the "Tellarite" language from Paramount's Star Trek franchise), Tetrahedron (2012), Thorass (runes), Thundara (the old name was Thundercats), Tirolese (2013, an alien glyph font), Tonopah (2012, western font), Toril (2011), Transdings (replaces Cybertron Generations: based on Transformers logos from Hasbro), Transformers, TransformersHollowNormal, TransformersSolidNormal, Transmaidens, Transmetals (based on Hasbro Inc's, "Beast Wars: Transmetals" logo), Trek Arrowheads (2013), Trek Arrowcaps (2013), Tsa Script (2011, based on logos used within TSR's classic "Dragon Magazine"), Turok (2011, based on the logo of the "Turok" video game), Turtles (2011, based on the popular classic "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" logo), Twobit (2013, LCD font)
- Vector Sigma (2011, based on the secondary "Beast Machines" logo), Videopac (2013, a stencil face based on a Philips gamme from the 1970s), Visionaries, Visitor Script (2013), Volkoff (2013, a Russian style tencil face).
- Warlords (2011, based on the logo of the game series), Whittle (2013, octagonal), Winslett (2012, Far West face), Wreckers (2013, octagonal).
- XBall (2013, loosely based on several title logos from Electronic Arts's (EA's) sports gaming titles).
- YsgarthEnglishNormal (2011, almost blackletter).
- Zarathos (2012, based on the titles for the Ghost Rider movie series), Zebulon (2013, sci-fi face based on the title logo of TSR's classic "Star Frontiers" game series), Zentran (2013, based on the Zentraedi glyphs found in Harmony Gold's "Robotech" franchise).
Dafont link. See also here and here, here, and here. Klingspor link. Abstract Fonts link. Devian Tart link. Fontspace link. [Google]
Scriptorium (Ragnarok Press, Fontcraft)
[David Fleming Nalle]
Dave Nalle was born in Beirut in 1959, but lives and works in Texas. He is currently in Manor, TX. From his wiki page: Dave Nalle is a political writer, game author and font designer who was active in the early history of the development of the internet. He is Chairman of the Republican Liberty Caucus, a group that promotes libertarianism within the Republican Party and is Senior Politics Editor at Blogcritics online magazine and is the CEO of Scriptorium Fonts. A creative and prolific designer, he has made hundreds of beautiful (often historic) fonts. His outfit, Scriptorium (based near Austin, TX, est. 1989), also does custom font and logo design. At some points, Scriptorium was also known as Ragnarok Press and Fontcraft. It specializes in artsy and ancient faces. Some subset of the fonts is made by Michael Scarpitti. Free font demos.
Images of his best selling fonts. Special subpages:
Some selected fonts: Finchley (psychedelic), Captain Kidd (2012, an original font design based on the title lettering from the classic pirate movie starring Charles Laughton), Aerobrush (2011), Fondry Ornament (2009), Atkinson Egyptian (2008, after the lettering of Frank Atkinson), Verne (2008), Goldwork (almost blackletter), BigBlok (2010), LetterpressGothic (2010), Plymouth (2010, in the style of Cooper Bold), Broadley (2008, an architecturally inspired script based on lettering by British architect and designer C.F.A. Voysey), Locksley (2004, medieval lettering), Tuscarora (curly lettering), Fiorenza (Renaissance calligraphy), Hesperides (old colonial calligraphic script), Angelus (beautifully printed monospaced script), Esperanza (1996, connected medieval handwriting), Ithuriel (2002), Alleghieri (2002), Hamilton (2002), Spiral Initials, Zothique (great font, based on hand lettering from a map of Clark Ashton Smith's fantasy world of Zothique), Reynard (semi-Celtic), Daresiel (elegant script), Caliph (1992, Arabic simulation), Bassackwards, Rosalinde (1999, handwriting), Arakne (2000, connected handwriting), Falconis (by Michael Scarpitti), Asrafel (semi-Celtic), Swithin (2004), Tyrfing (Art Nouveau/Fraktur, 1999), Waldeck (2008, blackletter), Woburn Initials, Stampwork, Draughtwork, Roughwork (all rubber stamp fonts), Melusine (gothic calligraphy), Corbei (uncial), Niederwald (hand lettering), Gjallarhorn (great uncial), Gaiseric (early medieval uncial), Taranis (1987, an uncial first drawn as a font for the cover of the old Ysgarth roleplaying system), De Bellis (roman era, by Michael Scarpitti), Engravers Gothic, Monimental Initials, Sanhedrin (Enemy of the State font), Vespasiano (roman capitals, by Michael Scarpitti), Bilitis, Hendrix (2002), Collins OE (old English), Samedi, Praitor, Evadare (1993, based on a character set which was hand calligraphed by Rudolf Koch), Koch Fantasie (1993), Black Cow (1998). Zothique, Ruritania, Mariner (2004, based on hand lettering originally done by Willy Pogany), Trinculo (a swinging cursive font), Texas Star (2002), Octavian (antique demi-serif font), Ruffian (antique type font), Ascelon (thin sans serif font), Munich (title lettering from Munchner Jugend magazine), Necromantic (bizarre bold titling font), Titania (romantic decorative lettering font), Oberon (bold romantic font), Knotwork, Guede (1993), Pullman, Purcell (Victorian circus poster style font), Allegheny, Carmilla, Malagua (1999-2013), Ardenwood, Platthand, Buccaneer, Cochin Archaic (2010), Boswell (1994), Guilford (based on lettering by artist and calligrapher Eric Sloane), Death Ray (2012, constructivist), Alecto (futuristic), Candlemas (2003), Bridgeport (2003, based on lettering by artist and calligrapher Eric Sloane), Medieval Tiles (2003), Linthicum (2003), Draughtwork (2003), Yngling (Fraktur, 2003), Rheingold (elaborate Fraktur: Music Hall Text elsewhere; see also Teuton Text, Cincinnati Type Foundry, 1877), Kidd (2003), Belgravia (2004), Peck Shields (2004), Albrecht Durer Gothic (2004), Orpheus (2004), InduXtrial (2004, a grunge face), Yoshitoshi (2003), Veronique (2004), Veneto (2006), Vidilex (1993, monospaced), Abelarde (2006), John Speed (1993), Furbelow (2006), Estoril (2006), Tangle, Aventine (sans), Texas Star (2002), Groningen (Bauhaus design), Nevins Hand, Scrapple (2011, Victorian, ornamental), Leodegar (2011, based on samples of 7th century Frankish hand lettering), Candlemass (2012).
- Three free fonts: Onuava (a mini-serifed hybrid fixed-width font), Divona (sans), Sirona (based on Lombardic calligraphy).
- Lombardic: Aneirin, Benevento (8th century Lombardic), Cymbeline, Fabliaux, Formidable, Locksley.
- Decorative initials such as the 20th century sign lettering initials set Pencraft Initials (2009), Holly Initials (2010, based on Real PenWork (1880s, Knowles and Maxim), Vyones (2010), Vergennes (2001), Cascade (2009), Bergling (2010; based on initials by John M. Bergling).
- Wild West fonts: Academy, Alcalde, Atkinson Boomtown (2009, after the lettering of Frank Atkinson), Atkinson Eccentric (2009), BigIron, Cibola, Del Norte, Lachesis, Perdido, Plowright, Primer, Riudoso, Niederwald, San Lorenzo (2011, with a Mexican and Tuscan look), Stonehouse, Manquo, Rochambeau, Purcell, Vaquero.
- Arabic simulation fonts: Samaritan is based on the poster lettering of Alphons Mucha from his poster for the play La Samaritan. Serendib and Waziri are based on the hand lettering of René Bull from his edition of the Arabian Nights. Caliph (1993) is derived from Ernst Schneidler's classic Legende font, with variant characters based on his original lettering. Also: Samarkand, Satampra, Jerash, Samarkand, Isfahan.
- Celtic fonts: the fonts include Constance, Durrow (1993, traditional rendering of Insular Minuscule calligraphy), Malvern, Glendower (based on the most common lettering in the Book of Kells), Knotwork (caps based on Celtic knots), Alba Text (modernized text font based on Celtic uncial lettering), Lindisfarne (based on a square uncial style), Stonecross (1997, derived from Celtic cross and gravestone inscriptions), Celtic Spirals (dingbats), Celtic Borders font (lets you combine key strokes to form decorative borders; many frames and borders are original Celtic designs by Arts&Crafts period artists like Evelyn Paul and Louis Rhead), Spiral Initials, Brigida (based on Rudolph Koch's interpretation of a squared uncial), Macteris Uncial, Coverack (heavy non-traditional uncial), Dahaut (modernized uncial), Dunsany, Glendower, Morgow (1999, spiral uncial), Teyrnon (elaborate spurred uncial), Padstow (heavy uncial), Vafthrudnir (2011, uncial), Sualtim and Columba (decorative initials based on characters found in the Book of Kells), Albemarle (2001).
- Oriental simulation fonts: Yoshitoshi (2003, based on the 1900-style writing by Yoshi Toshi.
- Gothic fonts, including Alt Gothic, Koch Gothic, Barnabas (2011), Montgisard (2010, roman capitals with blackletter lower case), Montressor (2010, ornamental blackletter capitals), T4C Beaulieux (1998, a free copy here), Bastarda (2011), Burgundian, Cadeaulx, Collins Old English, Courtrai, Descant, Ereshkigal, Faustus, Franconian (1993, a Schwabacher), Froissart (2000), Ghost Gothic, Katisha, Koch Gothic, Ligeia, Magdeburg, Magdelena, Melusine, Monressor (2010, blackletter caps), Pyle Gothic, Rheingold, Sanctum, Stuttgart Gothic (2010), Textura, Theodoric, Yngling (2002).
- German expressionist: Dromon.
- Renaissance fonts: Monumental Gothic, Caswallon (a Caslon family), humanistic cursive (Palmieri, Castiglione and Hanes Italic), quirky Italian cursives (Fiorenza and Alleghieri), a Roman style hand-lettered font (Rudolfo and Rudolfo Swash), a Trajan-style Roman lettering (Hadrianus), a classic flourished cursive (Trinculo) and a set of floral intials from the Quattrocento (Fraticelli).
- Modern poster fonts: Ascelon, Bilitis, Cosmic Dude, Dromon, Ducatus Rough, Eglantine, Ekberg, Fortinbras, Hamilton, Jambon, Oblivion, Posada (2008, based on the poster lettering of Mexican artist José Guadalupe Posada), Squiffy, Suspicion, Magnin (2003).
- Mapmaker fonts: building elements are available in Basilica; Ortelius is a map dingbat font; Queensland (based on lettering by artist and calligrapher Eric Sloane), is bold, hand-drawn and reminiscent of medieval writing on maps. There are also Brandywine, Daresiel, Hesperides, Longhorne, Windlass (1996), and Cityscape. Orford (2008) is based on samples of hand lettering from a 1693 manuscript collected by Lewis Day in his classic book on historical paleography, Alphabets Old and New.
- Calligraphic fonts: Albemarle (2001), Azariel, Moncrief (2011, based on the calligraphy of J.M. Bergling), Pavane, Rasael (2009), Abdiel (2005), Roncesvalles, Gazardiel (2003, connected script), Spoonbill (2003, arts and crafts), Macteris (Roman uncial font), Antioch Uncial (Roman uncial font), Burgundian (Classic black letter font), Franconian (993, a classic black letter font), Castiglione (Attractive Renaissance lettering), Cicero (Roman Rustica font), Formidable (1993, very bold late medieval / Lombardic style), Collins Old English (Classic Old English style gothic), Corbei Uncial (Roman uncial font), Cymbeline (late medieval lettering), Durrow (Standard insular minuscule uncial font), Theodoric (Classic black letter font), Gazardiel, Ghost Gothic (Unusual gothic font), Glendower (Uncial font based on Book of Kells), Gloriana (Interesting hand lettering style), Folkard (from the hand-lettering of Charles Folkard), Offenbach Chancery, Ranegund Merovingian Courthand, Benevento (8th century Lombardic), Hesperides.
- Art deco faces: Borealis (2009), Criterion (2011), Illuminata, Madding (2009, a bold poster font that grew out of Aventine), Alexandrine (2009), art Deco Stencil (2009, based on samples of Art Deco stencil lettering by Pedro Lemos), Falmouth.
- Art nouveau faces: Acadian, Agravain (2009), Amphitryon (2009), Ariosto, Asphodel, Averoigne, Beaumains (2011, based on J.M. Bergling's lettering), Beauvoir, Belgravia (based on J.M. Bergling), Bernhardt (based upon the lettering of the Czech art-nouveau artist Alphonse Mucha), Bentham, Berenicia, Boetia (2003, based on J.M. Bergling's lettering), Bruges, Bucephalus (1993), Burd Ellen (2009), Butterfield, Curetana, Damariscotta, Elsene (2011, based on lettering by early 20th century illustrator Clara Elsene Peck), Elysian, Exotique, Flaubert, Gaheris, Ganelon, Gehenna, Goodfellow, Harbinger, Jugendstil Kunsthand (2003), Lysander, Maginot, Munich (after the Munchner Jugend magazine), Norumbega, Odeon, Ormandine (2010), Pantagruel, Phaeton, Reggio, Rochmbeau, Rockne (2009), Rudolfo, Setebos, Sprite, Summerisle, Sylphide (2005), Undine, Valentin (2008), Vambrace (2010), Walhal.
- Modern poster fonts: Field Day (2003), Ascelon, Bilitis, Cosmic Dude, Dromon, Ducatus Rough, Eglantine, Ekberg, Fortinbras, Hamilton, Jambon, Oblivion, Squiffy.
- Constructivist fonts: Krasny Mir (2009), Vrubel, Structura (1997).
- Futuristic fonts: Alecto, Angelus, Circuit, Culdrose, Gearhead, Ironclaw, Parika, Sanhedrin, Semiramis (1997), Slither, Structuro, Yazata, Adastra (dings).
- Borders and ornaments. These include New Arets and Crafts Borders (20912, based on The Calendar of Golden Thoughts (Barse and Hopkins Publ, 1911).
- Boneyard fonts: Antrobus (2010), Sepultura (2002), Halloweenies, Dementia, Boneyard, Skull and Bones, Malagua (1999-2013), Paleos (2002, from titling of B movies in the cave girl genre), Carmilla, Abaddon, Black Cow (1998), Valdemar, Cuede, Ligeia, Mayhem, Mephisto, Golgotha, Sanguinary, Ironworks, Moravia, Gehenna, Nosegrind (2005, graffiti), Corpus, Ghostly.
- School fonts: Schoolhand (2010).
- Arts and Crafts movement (late Victorian period, 19th century), based on work and lettering by Walter Crane, William Morris, Charles Rennie Mackintosh and Elbert Hubbard. The Arts&Crafts movement was enormously influential on the works of designers, artists and architects of the 20th century, and inspired the Art Nouveau and Art Deco movements. Fonts include William Morris' Kelmscott (based on Morris' Troy type), and True Golden, fonts from the Glasgow branch of the movement like Chelsea Studio (1997), which is based on Charles Rennie Mackintosh's lettering, fonts from the Roycrofters of New York like Semiramis and Ganelon, fonts based on Walter Crane's work such as Crane Gothic, Pencraft Initials (2009) and Walter Crane, and even fonts from the California Arts&Crafts period of the early 1900s like Coloma. Other typefaces: Jesse M. King, Aylward, Palmyra (based on work by the Roycrofters, a design community founded by Elbert Hubbard), Aylward (2010, Victorian), Hyacinth Initials, Spoonbill, Adresack (1996), Brandywine, Changeling (2009, based on lettering by fairy artist Fanny Railton), Goddard, and Advertising Gothic (2003), Valentin, Gaheris, Agravain (2009). Delaguerra (2001-2009) is based on a lettering style originating in the California Arts&Crafts period commonly associated with Mission Style. It is still in common usage in signage at historical sites in California.
- Victorian: Beaumarchais, Berenicia, Bilibin, Brandywine, Brigidis, Curetana, Durendal, Elphinstone, Flaubert, Folkard, Gjallarhorn, Gloriana, Hermia, Ironclaw, Magnus.
- Typewriter: Fontcraft Courier.
- Anthroposophic: Ekberg (2002, based on a sample of poster lettering by Samuel Welo).
- Medieval fonts of Scriptorium, critiqued by Marc Smith, page 65: Batwynge is based on lettre gffe by Geofroy Tory (1529), and not on an illuminated manuscript of the tenth century as claimed by Scriptorium.
Fonts from 2013: Doge (a Venetian font based on a J.M. Bergling revival), Original Django (after the titling font in Quentin Tarantino's movie Django Unchained).
Fots from 2014: Edifice (based on lettering by J.M. Bergling).
Klingspor link. Abstract Fonts link. Dafont link.
View David Nalle's typefaces. [Google]
Alex Tomlinson (Skyhaven) is an illustrator and graphic designer in Portsmouth, UK, b. 1992. He started creating free fonts in 2010.
Designer in 2010 of the experimental fonts Drugs, Obesity and Prodigium OS.
In 2012, he designed the hand-printed typefaces Scrappy Le Doot, On Kayak, The Low Down, Lunar Oatmeal, Datamost, Retro Supermarket, Konata, Luna Graph, Clark Summit, Real Toyz, Nocturne, The Snails, StPauls, Arking (graffiti style), Conspiracy, Skeluna, Lava Lamp, Summertime Lovin (outlined signage typeface), and Nonsense. Wub Machine and Spikes (2012) are playful typefaces. Penn Avenue and The Enemy Gene are fattish poster fonts. Get The Fuck Up (2012) and Des Pot (2012) are outlined comic book typefaces, while Nammy Sans is a comic book typeface designed for balloons. Centipede (2012) is a squiggly typeface. Mega Sans and Ursa Cape (2012) are outlined shadowed typefaces. Ursa Minor (2012) is a sci-fi typeface. Retro Gamer is a horizontally-striped geometric typeface. Raditad (2012) is a horizontally-striped sketch face. Iron Furnaces (2012) is ultra-condensed. Nite Owl (2012) is an avant-garde typeface. Red Fish (2012) is a grunge face based on napkin writing. Ded End (2012) is a grungy typewriter typeface. In Metro Caves is a grungy textured typeface. Super Rad (2012) is a geometric sans typeface.
Further typefaces from 2012 include Red Snapper, Metro Skies, Belle West, The Moon, Fisher, Alisky, Enjoy The Alien, Whisperings, The Real World, Swift Death, Tall Trees, Windsor Hand, Distort Me, Split The Atom, Ursa Drop, Klondike7, Belle West, Nammy Sans, Pixel This, Summertime Lovin (comic book lettering), Spikes, Monday Morning, Where My Keys, Firefly Navigator, Coconut Point, Clarks Summit Panic (blood drip typeface), First Impressions (hand-printed), Ocean City Park (hand-printed), Limit Break, Space Game, Sky Metropolis (hand-printed), California Rad (poster face), Yellowjackets (hand-printed), Organic Fear (scary typeface), Frenzy (ornamental caps), Green Surf, Sky Fanci, Killin It, Fix You (outlined face), Punkin Pie (3d outline font), Alligator Sky (hand-printed), Freaking Strange (grunge), Oh God Why (sketched face), In The Know (condensed and hand-printed), Kamikaze (brush face), Wintered Debts, Overhead (alchemic), Wintermint, Festivala, Freaking Strange, Whale Watching, Everything's Fine, Goodnight Freak, Twilight Ozone, Distort Me, Snow Fox, Bouncing on the walls, Sleeping on a cloud, Sketchbook Nasty, On the edge, Outta Da Box, Bold Universe, Splendid Stencil, First Impressions, Strange Rituals (an avant-garde geometric sans), Regular Font (hand-printed outline and shadow font), Shanty Hand, Strawberry Avalanche, Take Warning (blood drip face), Playtitle, Hairliner, Over Atlantic City (tall hand-drawn poster font), Skyliner (tall poster font), Retroland, Owl Creek (a campground font), Insanity, Lake Script, Lakeshore Drive (poster font), Gorilla Comix, Bamboo Brisk, Scranton Fancy, Ruby Glow, Happy Dreams Med Mono, Lost in the sound (chalk font), Ice Cream Sandwich, Art Center, Shark Fighter, Minds Alike, Supersonic Love, Brushie Brushie, Rainy Day (thin poster font), Maggie Moo (comic book font), Kinda Messy, Midsummer Circus, Ocean Coastlines, Hillside Vista, Fox Connection, Cheap Frames, Problems, Rustik (grungy), Tribal Type, Songbird, Angry Mob, New Visions, Parachutes, Loud and Clear (scratchy typeface), From The Woods.
Typefaces designed in 2013: Brinetext Black (a poster font), The Grand Staircase, Windsor, Spacecraft, Nevermore, Paper Airplanes, Whipped Scream, Paper Airplanes, Sing Out, Bright and Beautiful, Into The Vortex, Embxz, Awkward, Summer Jams (outlined face), Sombody (sic) to Love, Tekno Trance, Spinning Around, Up with the Birds, Campground, Linemaster (outline face).
Typefaces from 2014: Red Moon Rising (alchemic font), The Perfect Wave, Realistik (upright script), Brinetext Pattern (textured typeface).
Devian Tart link. Behance link. Dafont link. Another Dafont link. Fontspace link. Aka Skyhaven. Dafont link Behance link. Old URL for Skyhave Fonts. [Google]
Tattoo Woo (or: Smokewire)
[Jonathan Stephen Harris]
Tattoo Woo (or: Smokewire) is American tattooist Jonathan Harris.
In 2011, he created the curly gothic tattoo faces Hot Chocolate Latte, League of Ages, Royal Inferno, Tribal Times and Tribal Dragon, and the spiky face Quasari (2011). He also made Jelly Swirls (curly), Highway to hell, What a mess (grunge), Pixie Moon, Sword Thrasher, Starship XXXII (Star Trek face), Christmas Snow (art nouveau snowcapped glyphs), and Jazzy Caveman (a stone age face).
Typefaces created in 2012: Bright Star Tonight, Harristoon, a crayon series (Crimes Times Six, Colored Crayns, XXX Dirty Jokes XXX, Harris Wear, Black Crayon), Alien Mutations Begin, Vineyard Magazines, Forbidden Land (scratchy face), Way Gardens (flowery script), Pencil Shading, Cartoon Shadow, Heart Shapes, Sassy Stark, Back to School, Black Eye Peas, Silly People, Street Art (a great ink splatter font), Heartbroken, Jen Luves Ben Forever, Heart Broken, Catalina, Anywhere but home, Holly Christmas, Kringley Christmas (dingbats), Seasons Greetings, Cheese Cake, Abraham Heights, Call me maybe (sketch font), Lydia Puente (calligraphic script), Tribal Script, The Daily Bread (a beautiful ronde), Naughty Nights, a set of four Asian brush style faces (Japanese Style, All Yoko, Chinese Asian Style, Chinese Takeaway), Hey Cutie, Zing Easy (brush), Kids Play, Keep It Simple (loopy script), Standing Tall (anguished Kafkaesque typeface), The Abandoned Treasure (brushy caps face), The Mocking Bird, Nighty Nights, Road Trip, Been Hanging Around, Divided Nations, Dodger Gear, The Best Night (brush), Stencil Brush (brush), Quite Chocolatey, Round About (stitch font), Physics Teacher, Madman Howling, Love Sequel, Cross Out, My Mistake, Colours of Autumn, Da Streets (graffiti face), Hard Fox (stencil brush), You Are Precious (curly script), The Blue Oasis, Dysfunctional Family (brush face), Lovely Excuse (brush family), No Fear (brush face), Dead End, The Art Show (brush face), Comical Smash, The Quick, The Lost Paintings, Stone Age, Eyeliner Tattoo, Sketch Pad, Art Class (spilled paint face), Ink Studio, Stay Holy Okay, Water Park (bubblegum face), Urban Jungle, Geez Seriously (curly typeface), Crazy Weekend, Slimeball, Real People, A Brush No, Beware of the Hogs (blood drip typeface), Definitely Maybe, Draw Freehand, Bloodthirsty (blood drip font), Zombie Slayer (blood drip font), Your Bloody Choice (blood drip font), Barn Animals, Comic Strip, Scribble Fun (textured face), Boom Shanker, Girly Punk, Pucky, Spray Break, Font Insane, Fairground, Last Breath (2012),Follow Your dreams, Together Again, Drawing Guides, Death Branch, Panda Spots, Fuzzy Bear, Threadz Needle, Homeboy, Hairs Dens Bag, Primitive Alien, Bonney Lass, Cake Nom (3d and shaded), Headshop (psychedelic), Tribal Butterflies (dings), Tribal Dragons Tattoo Designs, Tribal Animals Tattoo Designs, Abstract Alien Symbols, Jewelry Design Shapes, Wander Ball, Love Hue, The Fat Store, Chooka Zoon (bubblegum face), Happy Roxy, Hearts and Stars, Arcade Book, Teaspoon Display (swashy calligraphic face), Ready Black (another swashy calligraphic face), The Lodger Rang (gothic script), Sketch Book, Sketchline, Drafting, Last Breath (tattoo font), Drawing Pad, Child's Play, Design Bubble, A Stitch Plus Nine, Ming in Bling (comic book shadow face), You Are Something (curly script), Hot Pink, How To Do Something (comic book face), I Love What You Do, Get Wet.
Typefaces from 2013: Seaside Heights, Falling Rain, Ace Records, Today People, Night Adder, Squicky (curly font), No Messin (scratchy brush), Wrong Tracks, Postcard From Mars, Aluminum Trucks/a> (script), Life Azures, The Waddys, The Angels, Oliver Richards (brush face), Arabic Magic, Messenger, Anxiety Management, Basterds, Beep Beep, Suburban Legends, Street Wild, Abreviater, Snowmania, Yak Shamash, Booday, Everyday Mayhem, Mega Team, Beaty Pagent (sic), Monster Unleashed, Hopeless Place, Alley Cat, The Lovers, Crazy Rascals, Golden Star, Gimme Your Love, Every Freakin Night (a sketched poster face), Big Top, Hopeless Place, The Lovers, Alley Cat, Queenie Beebie, Swirly Shirley (curly script), Dark World (scratchy face), Fun House (sketched face), Ultimate Chaos, Wake Me Up, Find A Way, Fat Tats (signage script), Big Winks, Nothing To Lose (blood drip typeface), Art Brewery (brush font), Holiday Blues (scratchy brush), Punked Out, The Jolly Rancher, Quite Mighty, Smudgie Crayon, Squiggley Brown, Morning Star (brush face), No Talking Allowed, Butter Finger (scratchy typeface), Mad Beef (thin script), Dinosaur, Reed of Love (a textured script face), First Grader, School Holiday (brush script), Spin Head (sketched face), Russian Roulette, Blah (brush face), Eating You Alive (brush face), Christians United (brush face, same as Blah), Beginning of Summer (brush face), Something Strange (blood drip font), Messy Script, Broken Ink, Car Wash, Head Case (a very curly script), Barn Owl, Ruff Ruff, Shadow Jumper, Barn Oil, Phantom Ghost, Tardy Kid, Scrapbooking, Fiesta Time, Science Project, Oh No Not Again, Oh Shit (brushy), Teaser Houses, Eternal Fascination (connected script), Shades of Black, Bingo Bangos (brushy script), Street Fighter, Marker Pen (brush), Home and Away (brush), Spring Cleaning, Scribble Table, Sound Heart, Imagination Station (a heavy brush face), Teddy Bear, Good Day, Easy Rider (retro script), Silent Reaction, Today is the Oldest and Youngest (tall condensed script), Brush Strokes, Texas (brush), Messing About (scratchy hand), Kindergarten (hand-printed), Oh No (dusty typeface), Art Studio, Crazy Horse (great grungy brush), Time Machine, Strings and Things (sketched typeface), Twisted Brother, Big Easy, Egyptian Nights, Demolished, Lazy Girls, Angels Message (pixie dust script), Medieval Queen, Kings and Queens (swashy script), Admiration Pains, Confetti Stream, Hill Billies (signage face), Sweet Heart, Manhunter, Beware of the dog, Kiss Me Quick (Valentine's Day script), Atomic Number (a chalky dusty typeface), Potted Balls, The Boatman (graffiti font), Dead Island (brush face), Age to Age (swashy brush), Sticky Things (brush face), Lasting Love, Beware of the Zombies, Skyscraper, Coffee House, Rough Rider (fat brush face), The Green Life, National Cartoon (sketched 3d face), True Lies (brush face), Heron's Nest (sketched), Freaky Friday, Be There Soon, Praying Angel, Leap of Faith (graffiti brush), Beginning Yoga (brush script), Tims Grocery Store, Biogalaxy, Funga Donga Binge, Sketchbook Challenge, Arsonist, Say No to Drugs, Frizzled Planet, Decayed in Sixty Seconds.
Typefaces from 2014: Across the road (script), Zentaiges (script), Fearing Madness (tattoo font), Rags to Riches (a great brush face).
Fontspace link. Dafont link. Abstract Fonts link. Fontspace link for Smokewire. Link to Smokewire. Fontspace link for Jonathan harris. [Google]
Ray Larabie (b. 1970) ran Typodermic in Mississauga, ON, which opened in the Fall of 2001. In 2006, it moved to Vancouver, BC, and in 2009 it moved on to Nagoya, Japan. Dafont page. Of course, Ray Larabie has been making fonts since 1996, but those early fonts were freeware. His pre 2001 fonts are grouped under the label Larabie Fonts. In 2001, he set up Typodermic. Latest additions.
The Typodermic fonts:
- 2013: Numbers With Rings, Shookup (funky cartoon font), Pastrami on Rye (cutout comic book style), Chickweed, Built (a condensed headline sans), Fluctuation (a softly rounded elliptical sans family), Astrochemistry (sci-fi, techno with rounded edges), Snasm (sci-fi).
- 2012: Zolasixx (inspired by the video game Zaxxon), Ampacity (neon font), Chromakey (a space deco headline font inspired by box art classic video games including Matrix Marauders and Magical Chase), Disassembler (1980s style bitmap font), Zerbydoo (a dot matrix family), Superego (a geometric-techno font inspired by the cabinet graphics for the 1981 Stargate arcade game), Rukyltronic (a set of dot matrix typefaces), Nerdropol (pixel family), Gulkave (rounded pixel font), Cyclopentane, Palamecia (a fat finger poster face), Gameness (a 1990 retro industrial deco font), Camulogen (headline face), Color Basic (a pixel face inspired the by TRS-80 Color Computer), Triac Seventy One (a funky face), Acroyear (retro all-caps headline font), Troll Bait, Strenuous (unicase), Permanence (a retro=futuristic font based on Alvin Toffler's cover of Future Shok, 1970), Clockpunk (octagonal and quaint), Battlemaze (trekkie face), Mixolydian (industrial sans).
- 2011: Ugocranis (a brutalist typeface), Clipwave, Wheaton (MICR-inspired), Mango Scribble, TRS Million (dot matrix face), Ugogranis (constructivist), Gomoku (paper cut face), From The Internet.
- 2010: Cranberry Gin (2010, octagonal), Restore (all caps, geometric sans), From The Stars (an elliptical techno family done with Chikako Larabie), Thrusters (space age face), Dream Orphanage, Kengwin (rounded slab serif), Gleaming The Cube (Greek simulation face), Vectipede (a slab serif family), Great Escape (an elliptical sans family), Subrocs (connected script), Hackensack (with Chikako Larabie), Polarband (bilined stackable headline face), Naked Power, Special Forces (a great macho slab serif headline face---watch for awards to roll in), Warugaki (handpainted), Warmer, Honfleur (art deco; with Chikako Larabi), Voivode (a headline face done with Chikako Larabie), Hachimitsu (Asian look face, done with Chikako Larabie), Kadeworth (rounded retro look sans, done with Chikako Larabie), Gnuolane Jump (2010, with Chikako Larabie), Markerfield (brush), Board of Directors (Bank Gothic style family, done with Chikako Larabie), GGX88 (a Swiss sans family), Body Goat, Reversal, Gord (techno), Computechnodigitronic (LED, LCD geek-look font), Bench Grinder, Inklea (a bubbly face), Skygirls (retro brush script), Gloss (a paint brush face based on Champion, 1957, G.G. Lange).
- 2010: Galderglynn Esquire.
- 2009: Maqui (an industrial headline sans family), Zingende (art deco family: caps only), Misadventures, Gaz (large retro sans family), Meloriac (heavy display sans), Acrylic Brush, Enamel Brush (a digitization of Catalina, 1955, Emil J. Klumpp), DDT (neutral sans), Thump (fat, casual), Desperate Glamour, Pricedown (an update of his free 1990s font, patterned after the lettering on The Price Is Right show), Mitigate (monoline and slabbed; has some typewriter styles), Catwing, Walken (slab serif stencil), Silicone (soft rounded sans family), Movatif (sans), Gunplay (a stencil family inspired by the poster for the 1972 Steve McQueen/Ali MacGraw film The Getaway), Fragile Bombers (octagonal), Forgotten Futurist (techno sans, 19 styles), Bullpen (slab serif), Coolvetica, Duality, Good Times, Strenuous, Shlop (paint-drip style), Dirty Baker's Dozen (stencil), Junequil (VAG Rounded style), Owned (graffiti), Domyouji, Threefourtysixbvarrel (stencil), Enacti, Uniwars (futuristic, 16 styles).
- 2008: Madawaska (a rugged slab serif), Ebenezer (grunge), Gnuolane Stencil, Raincoat, Report School (avant garde sans), Jesaya, Carouselambra (art nouveau), Debusen (rounded), Barge (military font), Renju (2008, potato or rubber stamp print face), Otoboke (handlettered), Hit (informal hand), R6 D8 (futuristic sans family), Rexlia (an octagonal machinistic family), Hybrea (a display sans with TV screen rounding), Sweater School, Tussilago (2008, a neutral sans family), Presicav (extended sans), Hover Unit, Addlethorpe (grunge), Scheme (rounded sans), Usurp (bouncy poster lettering), Negotiate (technical sans family), Divulge, Sewn, Gnoulane (condensed sans), Moja, Teeshirt (old typewriter face), Pound (art deco marries grunge), Graveblade (heavy metal font), Synthemesc (psychedelic anti-Starbucks font), Chysotile (white on black grunge), Cardigan (sans), Gurkner (balloon style), Reagan (grunge).
- 2007: Tight (a copy of Dean Morris's 1976 Letraset chrome font Quicksilver), Headlight, Meloche (a 3-style grotesk), Octin Spraypaint (grunge stencil), Octin Vintage (grunge), Bouffant (script), Octin Prison (stencil), Octin Sports (octagonal), Octin College (octagonal, for sports jerseys), Octin Stencil (free octagonal font family), Burnaby Stencil (stencil), Superclarendon, Conceal, Ohitashi, Stud (grunge), Bristles (grunge), Skirt, Cotton (grunge), Kelvingrove (a bit of copperplate gothic, rounded and shaved), Augustine, Containment, Snowa, Veriox, Scrubby, Transmute, Sheaff, Injekuta (techno), Rinse (grunge), Polyflec, Domyouji (square sans), Winthorpe (old style), Cutiful (script), Flyswim (grunge), Dirtstorm (spray-painted stencil), Shnixgun (grunge), Neuzon (grunge), Oxeran (old typewriter), PRINTF (grunge all caps monospaced), Akazan (sans), Nyxali (a metal tag face), Meloriac (an extra bold Futura inspired face), Nesobrite (25 styles of Bank Gothic lookalikes), Meloriac (headline sans), Walnut (graffiti face), Gnuolane (a narrow sans), Edifact (a damaged computer font), Darkheart, Stampoo (squarish), Raymond (rough script), Hayate (oriental look), Telephoto. The entire Octin series is free at DaFont.
- 2006: Octynaz (grunge), Paltime (ornamented), Jolie Ecriture Desard (children's hand), Mango (comic book face), Desard (child's hand), Bulltoad, Lerku (eroded serif), Charbroiled (also eroded), Ceroxa (eroded stencil), Nagomi (a chiseled-look Asian font based on calligraphy of Chikako Suzuki from Nagoya), Whiterock, Yellande, Chilopod (a futuristic face inspired by the logo from the 1980s videogame, Atari Centipede), Order, Goldburg (based on a typeface by George Bowditch, 1957), Laserjerks (2006, brutalist), Milibus (futuristic), Bonobo (serifed), Ohitashi, Sarasori (TV-tube shaped face in the style of Oban), Structia (an octagonal family), Betaphid (octagonal), Gendouki (futuristic stencil), Slugger (athletic lettering), Marianas (a gorgeous art deco face), Lineavec (octagonal), Corzinair (serif family), Buxotic (a great caps face), Cinecav X (for closed caption TV and DVD), Salsbury (comic book face), Lonsdale (loosely based on a font called Parkway Script, which was designed by Emil Hirt in 1964), Alepholon (futuristic), Kwokwi, Mikadan (a tribute to Stephenson Blake's Verona from 1948, which was in turn based on William Dana Orcutt's Humanistic from 1904), Marion (a beautiful transitional family), Quasix (hookish), Skraype (grunge stencil), Bleeker (casual lettering), Linefeed (monospaced line printer font), Draculon (a casual face inspired by the letterforms of William Orcutt's humanistic font from 1904 which was in turn based on an Italian manuscript from 1485), Mahavishnu (a mix between 1970s psychedelics and art nouveau), Doradani (a corporate identity sans family), Korotaki (futuristic).
- 2005: Kadonk (a Halloween face), Report (a VAG-Rounded style face), Croteau (a poster face), Heroid (ook face), Barrista (informal script), Wyvern (sans serif), Wubble (like puddles of water), Caryn (casual script), Folder (a rigid sans family), Venacti (a futuristic family), Xenara (a keyboard lettering family), Emory (a destructionist sans family), Ligurino (neat sans&serif family), Biondi (update of Copperplate Gothic; followed in 2010 by Biondi Sans; these copperplate style faces are in the style of AT Sackers), Byington (Trajan column lettering), Sayso Chic, Expressway (28 weights, a highway signage family), Algol (pixel type), Meposa (fat display face), Tandelle (condensed), Vigo, Maychurch, Mecheria, Vactic (dot matrix), Zosma, Topstitch, Windpower, Llandru, Soap (a creative extension of Cooper Black, with dingbats), Kleptocracy (1999-2005), Owned, Rimouski (sans), Sinzano (sans with opentype ligatures galore; compare, e.g., House Ed Interlock), Zamora.
- 2004: Affluent, Threefortysixbarrel (stencil face), Tank, Telidon (dot matrix face), Funboy, Neuropol X, Neuropol Nova, Mufferaw (comic book face), Larabiefont, Zekton (techno), Strenuous 3D, Silentina (advertised as "a silent movie font"), Amienne (brush script), Fenwick Outline (free), Betsy Flanagan (1998, a keyboard face), Boopee (children's handwriting), Pirulen (in the general Bank Gothic style), Zalderdash.
- 2003: Zupiter, Blue Highway.
- Before 2002: the dot matrix family Telidon, Telidon Ink, the architectural font Jillican (octagonal), Snowgoose, Bomr, Pakenham, Neuropol, Nasalization, Fenwick, Kleptocracy DLX, Sui Generis, Dirty Bakers Dozen (faded stencil), Minya Nouvelle, Asterisp, Chinese Rocks, Jillsville (great artsy Courier), Ulian, Wevli (including Wevli Dingbats), Sappy Mugs (funny mugshots), Sofachrome (1999, inspired by Pontiac car emblems), Eden Mills (1999).
MyFonts interview. Fontspace link.
Catalog of the Typodermic library in decreasing order of popularity. [Google]
Aka The Butterfly, Vanessa Bays specializes in very clean hand-printed typefaces. Texan creator (b. 1982) in 2013 of Running For A Cause, Give It Your Heart, Please write me a song, Where the lonely ones roam, Chunkster Jamz, Just Gotta Smile, Bubble Bath, Grandma's Garden, Sealed With A Kiss, Macilynn Marie, Love and Laughter, Baby Lexi, Papa Bear, All Things Pink, Sophmore Year, Diamond Girl, Always In My Heart, Georgia Belle, Ma href="VanessaBays-ChocolateCoveredRaindrops-2013.png">Chocolate Covered Raindrops, Miss Smarty Pants, Flower Power, Just for Giggles, Isabelle Layne, Cutie Patootie, Life's A Beach, VB Dings, Eternal Promise (upright connected script), The Urban Way (comic book font), Anjelika Rose, Jessica Elaine, My First Crush, A Gentle Touch, Penelope Loves Anne, You Make Me Smile, Simple Kind of Girl, Passing Notes, VB Dings, Wednesday, Bubble Letters, Panic Stricken, Yummy Cupcakes, Ribbon of Hope, Vanessa's Valentine, Eternal Script, Scrapoholic, Curly Shirley.
Typefaces from 2012 include the free hand-printed typefaces Dazzling Divas, Smell The Roses, Urban Class (coic book style), Spring Rolls, Puppy Bellies, Too Tight, Daddy's Girl, Simplicity, Sloppy Hollow, Vanessa Loves You, Forget Me Not, Scrap It Up, Lilian, Caffeine, Sixteen, Kelli Lynn, By The Butterfly, Live Laugh Love, Little Miss Priss, LoveNess Three, Whisper a dream, Kenzie, Seriously, Hyperness, My Skinny Jeans, Love Me Forever, Sweetness, Workaholic, Connected (connect-the-dots face), Vannessa Marie, Christmas Eve, Lazy Day, Angel Toes, Fat Marker, Amanda Rae, Slopness, So Posh, I Lovers You, Wassup, DashNess, Chunkyness, Thinnyness, Bigness, Christmas Lightness, Lil Guy, Ness, LoveNess Two, Girl Next Door, Skinnyness, This Sux, VaNess, DotNess, LoveNess, Just Playin, Squishy, Cuteness.
Dafont link. Fontspace link. [Google]
Barcelona-based creator of the counterless hand-printed typefaces Woodcutter Dripping Nightmare (2012) and Woodcutter MMXII (2012).
In 2013, he created Gothic Winter (snow-capped blackletter), Woodcutter Anonymous (ransom note font; +part2, 2014), The Shining (movie scanbats), Woodcutter Optical Army (op-art), Viking Runes Shields, Fresh Blood, Pig Rules, Pole Dance, Music+Party, Asian Food, Deers (sic), Woodcutter Amor de Madre (curly tattoo font), Tattoo Vieja Escuela 1, 2 and 3, Origami (animal dingbats), Vintage Motorcycle Club (scanbats), Vintage Christmas (dingbats), Terry Richardson World (scanbats), Woodcutter Wire Fence, Woodcutter Points (textured face), Made in Spain 4, I Love 80s (dings), Drugs (drug paraphernalia dings), Barber Shop (dingbats), Woodcutter del Reves, Adventure Time, New York New York (1 and 2), Woodcutter Dripping Classic, Woodcutter Tinta China (ink splatter font), Woodcutter Cross, Nightmare on Social Media, Breaking Bad (scanbats), Fight Club (boxing scanbats), Boligrafo (sketched font), Robots, Luxury Brands, Woodcutter Buena Lettra, Barcelona (scanbats), Devoto (religious dingbats), Joker (dingbats), Woodcutter Typewritter (sic), Banksy (scanbats), Made in Spain 1, 2 and 3 (company logos), Animal City (funny dingbats), LSD Junior (a scary alphading font), Woodcutter Army (army stencil), Woodcutter El Día De Todos Los Santos (Mexican dingbats), Woodcutter Summer Shadows, and the monster dingbat face Woodcutter El Dia del Juicio. Still in 2013, he designed Woodcutter Black Square, DaPunk, Woodcutter Pollita Alegre (a penis font), Woodcutter Hungry Pig, and Woodcutter Hand Light.
Typefaces from 2014: Cursors, Woodcutter Kaos, Woodcutter Lines, Ukraine (constructivist), Meccano, Woodcutter Simple Font, Crux (crucifixes), Dolores (3d), Eyes, MoneyMoneyMoney, Made in Spain 5, Barcelona Mon Amour, New Society (a 3d shadow face), Federico(a hand-printed shadow typeface), Aranea (spider dings), Fifth Avenue (art deco), Beware of Pitbull, Dictators (scanbats), Woodcutter Vintage Cartoon, The American (textured face), Woodcutter Mixed Icons, Apple Japanese Keyboard, Vintage Classics Disney, Carnage College (blood splatter font), Vintage Porn (scanbats), Woodcutter Fontana (textured caps), Woodcutter Mixed Icons, Woodcutter Jet Set, Woodcutter Gothic Drama (blackletter), Woodcutter Relieve, Mixed Icons Vol. 1, Woodcutter Electric, Woodcutter Cloth, Street Style (graffiti font), Gothic Punk, Human Body Parts, Dirty Harry, Woodcutter Fine Sketch, Woodcutter Invisible, Miley Cyrus (scanbats), Old Guard, Circus and Fair, Comic Cover, Woodcutter Gigantismo, Clockwork Orange (scanbats).
Dafont link. [Google]
Max Infeld (b. 1981, aka Xerographer Fonts) from Chico, CA, makes free fonts and offers a free font making service. He surged onto the font scene in 2012.
Creations in 2012: Perspect (3d face), Nuevo Stencil, Dingus, Dirty Serif, Skinny Serif, Batt Marber, Hollavetica (2012, grunge), Stick Tickle, Carve Your Table (20120, Stripe Fest (2012, 3d, handprinted), Craycray For You, Feed The Bears, Yummy Nubs, Yum Nub Extended, Sleeping in Lecture (2012, informal 3d face), Zombie Checklist (2012, handprinted), Lisas First Class (2012, handprinted), Stick Four, Two Stick, Spacetime, Drunk Tattoo, Bantum Caps (2012, hand-printed stencil face), Funny Zebra, Sick Future (2012, grungy), Fuzzy Handcuffs, Black Spiral, Happy Caps, Come Party, Hellawood, Chronic Gothic, Ice Cream Party, Grassevent (2012, texture face), Electrical (2012, letters cracked by lightning), Rockster, Strungout, Bubbletea (2012, bubblegum font), Yumernub, Nighthour, Pointy, Simplehand, Linerstencil, Stickchop, Tapetype, Rolling Deep (2012, based on arcs of circles), Pony Rides, Bambu, Stolen Script, Secret Sauce, Eighties, Negative, Turds, Identify (2012, a fingerprint font), Another Party, Mighty Roping, Copy Stand, Cloudstorm, Teardrops, Friends Forever, Delicious Applepie (texture face), Crackvetica, Stormtime (grungified face), Therp (2012: 3d face), Spookies, Freeline (3d engraved face), Super Serious, Robot Shadow (2012: 3d face), Great Arrows, Great Shadow (2012: textured face), Alien Fur, Graffical, Bent Out, Splatish, Seamonster, Thirds Hand (2012: 3d outline face), Particle Physics, Poster Script (2012: rough script), Badazzle (2012, texture face), Serifvetica, Make Impact (2012, a 3d headline typeface), Stenciltration, Naughty Pipe, Qrurl, FunHaus, Flame Time, Steller Script, Summer Festival (2012, grungy caps), Major Earthquake (2012, grungy outline text face), Hot Sweat (2012, texture face), Metal Crime (2012, a cracked marble typeface), Summer Blacktop, Great Farmer, an angular typeface, Lucky Scratcher, Future Moon (textured face), Shatter Web (2012, a glaz krak face), Power Play (2012, another glaz krak face), Magic Crystal (2012, yet another glaz krak typeface), Rough Cut, Rock Harder (2012, texture face), Shred Hard, Clock Work, Major Veins, Paint Scratch, Break Away, Quick Comic, Summer Scriptastic, Absolute Money, Brush Sand, Playhouse, Pleasure Wash, Meat Market (dripping blood font), Paper Folder, Scratchingly, Fresh Sticks, FunTrucks, Quick Rodeo, Poster Bold, Open Bars (horizontal stripes), Outline Twelve, Spot Event (grungy outline face), Final Slash (textured typeface), Munchies, Meltasstic, Some Bubbles, French Sugar (very curly script), Cream Cone, Zap Deal, Crack Snacks, High Method, Crack Bars, Wall Fresh, Star Wonder, CurlyQue, Summer Script, Happy Lines, Just Marker, Solid Marker, Straight Hand, Wurm Fun, Rave Time (sketched face), Graff Caps, Erect Angle (outlined and hand-printed), Circle Caps, Story Time, Upper Side, Lower Side, Tech Haus (sketched), Boneyard, Status Update, Eigth Grade (sic), Table Shank, Serial Lover, Freaky Night (blood drip font), Future Girlfriend, Summer Scare, Faster Stronger, Smoking Cracks (texture face), After School, Cutting Edge, Animal Cracker, Sticky Mad, Comic Chub, Right Way, RockLess, CleanFade, Exploded Capital, Size Matters, EightBite, Extra Dimension, Cap Scratched, FanCom, Optic Nerd, Spooky Stencil, Five Dozen, Great Mix, LowCase, Swirl Insertion, Lube Splash, Organic Vines, Fall Greetings, Plant Type, Fast Brush, Hair Bows, Limo Caps, Bold Shake, Path Check, PopCap, Angle Stroke, Scratch Point, China Town (oriental simulation), Gunky Ick, Super Fade (textured), Practical Script, Delicious Outline, Fourth Dimension, College Scribble (sketch font), Dirty Western, Freeky Typewriter, Creature Builder, Bang Time (a rough brush), Fall Harvest (sketch face), EuroParty, Fire Proof, Eye Scare, Empire Caps, Pleasure Castle (a great barbed face), Scribble Time (sketched font), Star Rising (poster font), Dottline, Euro Horror, Metal Show (metal band font), Fantastic Sunset, Toxic Waste, Alien Waffle (textured face), Rewind Forward, Stitchy Times, Snug Bum, Star Fishy, Ghost Clouds, Epic Slash, Childs Persprective, Thin Fine, Metal Event (chiseled face), Tight Box, Saber Husk, Major Scare, Terminal Event, Pirates Bay, Wicked Cockney, Great Splunk, Diamond Cut, Treehause Horror, Indie hand, Sweet Revenge, Chronical Script, Peaceful Violence, Basic Header, Hand Work, Ninja Turtle, AquaColor, Furry Sack, Mad Style, Alien Dot, Dirty Feature, Wine Basement (connected script), Pen War (scratchy script), Angelina, Skate Around, Wide Thin (brush face), Frisky Vampire, SuperBling, Chronic Harvest, Fur Handcuffs, Darth Fader (textured face), House Rave, Snow Frosting, Post News, Straight Baller (white on black poster face), Heavy Weight, Angry Nerds (brush face), Future Style (hand-printed 3d face), Liner34, Tweak Diner, Frosty Holiday, Zap Control, Kids Outline, Shock Treatment, Flesh Digster, Shredding Harder (grungy scratchy typeface), Metal Chakra (barbed wire face), Childs Funtime, Super Cut, Holy Scriptacular, Tangent Print, Chung Flew, Lucky Money, Oven Bread, Soda crack, Quick Dirty, Victory Cut, College Dropout (athletic lettering), Comic Shadow, Mystery Forest (sketched), Code Danger, Slash King, Phat Rave (sketched), Tiger Tails, Major Rules, Cloud Home, Flower Header (floriated caps), Tiny Friends, Tasty Sundae, Leaking Type, Saturday Evening, Agenda Clash, Tripple Dots, Plain Handline, Cutefold, Gift Exchange, Reaganald Script, Broadway Event (marquee face), Gotfaded (textured face), Disco Rush, Some Lines, Inside Flower, Scratch This, Alien Sweater (stitch font), Fantom Bantum, Stripe Fun, Thrift Store, Legit Outline, Country Gold, Chrome Fancy, Barnyard Massacre (Treefrog style), Holiday Event, Art Times, Flesh Shop, Heart Baller, Free Kittenz, CreamPuff, Outline Around, Quivering Noodle, Rocking Lines, Tugboat, Comic Bubble, Hand Shadow, Sans College, Winter Ice, Cutout Poster, Woodblock Cutter, Handy Stencil, Dirty Cursive.
The following typefaces were designed by Matt Barber: Gateway Drug (2013), Crankdeal (2012, a hand-printed poster face), Mad Caps, Third Leg (multiline typeface), Late Nights, Sewn Tight (2012, stitch font), Black Widow (2012).
The following typefaces were codesigned with Dylan Tellesen in 2012: Dingleberry (+Solid), Threed, Brushingtons, Excellent Stencil, Handrelief, Partyline, Basic Chrome, Spot Lights, Big Spit, Code Bars, Color Blind, Skullvetica, Diamond Plate, Blambu, Hounds, Knity (texture face), Eightballer, Another Line (a basic straight-edged monoline sans), Rocking Poster, Robotic Revolution, Organic Nature, Underground Event, Surf Shack, Greater Shadow, Razor Slice, Big Print (textured face), Scripty Caps.
Typefaces made in 2013: Fresh Maker, Lucky Dogs, Quickly Write, Gourmet King (glaz krak font), Austin Lights, Pony Maker, Crystal House (grunge), Secret Event (textured face), Indian Tiger, Great Camp, Cowboy Would, Western Racing, Stripe Attack (textured font), Art Bang (grunge), Quick Scratch, Cold Brew, Fresh Twist, Nine Eight, Going Fast, Mega Riches, Taste Bomb (textured face), Brighten Days, Supergraf (a brushy graffiti face), Last Hand, Spring Ninja (brush face), Circuit City, Global Village, Yard Gnome, Lite Hand, Metal Block (Zero, Two, Three: scanbats), Indie Rock, Ancient Story, Super Drag, Slight Rocking, Over Scribble, Quickly Caps, Crack Deco, Victory Time (faded formal script), Futuristic Outline, Another Student, More Party, Brush Grunge, Zipper Fries, Diamond Lux, Splatter Funtime, Durh Shapes, Frosty Winter, Whole Space, BlockWood, Soda Water, Magic Scribble, Seaming Stitchy, Thrash Party, Line Fever, Great Bush, Right Price, Tight Carve, American Freedom, Jimbos Print, Quick Cut (faded face), Super Cracks (glaz krak face), More Party, Half Faded (textured face), Charcoal Script, Future Lines, Dot Outline, Half Tones, Shady Walk, Quick Slash, School Notes (sketched face), Block Party, Wonderful Party, Heart Stripe, Heart Beat, Heart Hole, Paint Balls, Golden Lights, Spring Party (texture face), Shockvetica (glaz krak face), Safe Paper, Sword Fighting, Camo Wear (textured face), Disco Night (art deco), Reverse Frick, Scratchy Fun (sketched), Fun Origami, Special Exit, Kid Print, an old typewriter collection (Dirty Olympia, Sterling Keys, SuperKeys, Quiet Type, Hermes Rocket, Double Studio, Light Fingers), Designer Pixels, Beauty Salon (Treefrog script), Headshot, Mega Bone, Fantastic Habits, Fridge Letters (textured), Kids Blocks (scanbats), Theater Event (grunge), Circle Pixels, Taste Bomb, Kite High, Run Away (3d) Dirty Coal (brushy), Dot Sticks, Twerk Fifty, Dance Lights (textured), Steam Rose (textured), Donkey Punch, Fold Line (origami), Tiger Nuts (textured), Fun Bear, Standard Header (letterpress, 3d), Marble Wasteland, Bender Lines, Magical Springtime, Open Hatch (hand-printed), Retro Tastic, Space Zombie (hand-printed), Mad Triangle (textured typeface), Sweaty Party (a fun sketched typeface), Freaky Manor (gothic typeface), Special Brand (texture face), Western Clown, Company Problem, Derp Icons, Pixel Hour (textured face), Basic Scratch, Indie Sellout, Next Level (textured face), Third Rail (grunge), Real Trap (athletic lettering), Bang Party, Title Solution (textured face), Special Third (textured face), Deal Maker (textured typeface), Liquor Bank (3d), Electrical Neue, Eighties Locker (grunge), Visual magnets (textured typeface), Final Relief (textured), Comic Tans, Bright Headline (hand-printed), Tiger Bawl, Cut Away (cutout letters), Kings Castle (textured face), Southern Riots (grunge), Slick Wave (textured face), Smash Break (texture face), Thin Simple, Super Rocket, Kids Game, Eighties Shades, Melt Factory, Pirate Zombie (grunge), Doktor Scratch, Mix Tape (textured face), City Tags, Gotcha (3d face), Wild Scratch (textured), Inter Fade (textured), Urban Labels (textured), Hot Tropics, Quantum Pixel (grungy), Minus Plus, Lower Scratch, Flying High, Broken Mustangs (script), Byte Shades (textured), Bolt Light (textured), Just Quick, Hotrocks, Total Event, Racing Flow, Energy Drink (textured), Inside Box (a wonderful metal-look textured typeface), Heat Wave (a wide poster face), Great Miami (arched typeface), Disco Midnight, Clean Scratch, Vegas Nights (textured and smudgy), Pirate Disco, Swift Chops, Zero Hype, Dot Tricks (grungy), Shaken (glaz krak font), Great Points (textured), High Level (textured), Break Time (textured), Circus Party, Crash Site (glaz krak face), Lower Resolution, Fifty Hours (script), For Sale (script), Broken Fixed (script), Hieroglyph Licks, Think Plan, Fancy Shadow, Forwards Backwards, High Sales, Slash Thirty (blood drip face), Universal Freaky, Event Shark, Bone King, Sharking, Magnetic, Paper Shreads, Summer Watermelon, Bubble Yums, Crazy Eyes, Danger Waffles (textured face), Early Scare, Farm Barns, Freckle Jackson, Greater Sales, Indian Summer, Mixed Thirty, Positive Warp, Reasonable Speculation, School Party, Scratching Matters, Lemonade Summer, High Style (textured face), Biology, Aweseome Style, Box Lines, Cloud Ahead, Going Around, Hot Flash, Major Stripe (sketched face), Pixel Draw, Summer Fire, SuperTack, Sure Real (Treefrog style), Totally Straight, Mega Gothic, Basic Hand, Chief Scare, Plain Slice, Sail Away, Gone Away, Chubby Muffin, Crack King, Dirty Jobs, Paris Label, Phone Home, Kids Party, Zombie Stitch, Moden Post, Rock Bait (Treefrog style script), Tent Sale (brush face), Event Maker, Quantum Ants, Cheap Horror, Extra String, Scratch Times, Snorkel Whisp, Dirty Looks, Bould, Window Crash (glaz krak face), California Harvest, Twerking Nasty, College Movie, Easy Horror, Brush Some, Autumn Two, Season Fourteen, Always Never, Fresh Bone, Scare Camp, Twinkle Fingers, Dirty Bandit, Metal Clash, Simple Folks, Sunrise Disco, Danger Zone, Swift Break, Dusty Salmon (textured face), Urban Poster, Tasty Drips (dripping paint font), HardLine (3d font), Technophilia, Zombie State, Come Inside, Popular Invite, Tough Horror, Wonderful Phonograph, Zombie Scratch, Thunder Crack, Fresh Riot, Metal Atlas, Grunge Shack, Gif Wrap, Punk Inside, Disco Break, Quantum Future, Major Black (textured), Stone Bird, Fantastic Party, Quick Money, Fast Time, Hecka Grunge, Electric Night, Tasty Swirl, Helping Stranger, Radical Llamas, Real Gold, Double Shadow, Space Cats, Space Fight, Furious Racing (textured typeface), Snow Flakes, Solid Event, First Place, Total Shock, Hairy Fun, Cats String, Dragons Breath, Stripe Disco, College Bytes, Late Club, Road Skin (textured), City Heights (textured), Easy Bricks, Insert Fun, Grunge Kids (textured), Solid Brand, Winter Decor (snow crystal font), Doctor Meow, Real Fast, Major Sketchy, Easy Romance, Globtastic, Noses, Strike King, Salty Would, First Contact, Extra Zero, Space Bang, First Avenue, Dirty Shocker, Delicious Candy, Drop Inside.
Typefaces from 2014: Megaphilia, Late Drank, Atlas Grunge, Right Track (textured), Square Deal, Great Party, Next Wave, Doges Walk, Dirty Locals, Boulder Scare, Clean Easy, Come Around, Fresh Holiday, Half Light (a condensed brush face), Light Curls, Lower Case, Magic Beauty, Much Funky, Plain Lines, Ten Fresh, Simply Fresh, Windy Metro, Play Along, East City (textured), Bernal Heights (grunge), Metalblock Delta (textured), French Disco (textured), City Magic (textured), Thunder Head, Lucky Diamonds, Great Storm, Neon Taste (textured), Night Hawk, Trap Music 9a sketched typeface), Close Race, Major Label, Fresh Track (an all-caps brush typeface), Jack Trades, Cut Blox.
Dafont link. [Google]