| || |
Shows smilies. No fonts. [Google]
Boris Mahovac is a great Croatian designer. He founded Alphabet Design in Oakville, Ontario. One of his famous fonts is the kitchen tile typeface Kalendar (1995).
Other creations: Pixelina, Borek, Duckling, Fat Trace, Kloi (now Kloi BT (2004)), Tabita BT (2005, an informal font), and the great patterns of the Symbols font, JechoTecho.
From the web site: He started working with digital fonts back in the days of bitmap fonts, sometime in 1988. At that time the studio operated in Zagreb, (former) Yugoslavia, which later became the capital of independent Croatia, under the name PixelPrint. The name changed to Abeceda Dizajn in 1992 while establishing itself as a successful typographic studio that specialized in font localization and type consulting. Abeceda Dizajn studio was the official distributor and manufacturer for Bitstream Inc. for Croatia and Slovenia from 1995 until 1997, when it relocated to Canada. Today, Alphabet Design is again a Bitstream re-seller.
In 2005, Bitstream published Kloi, Borhand Tabitha, Duckling, as well as JechoTecho1 (the latter typeface was made by Evzen Jecho). Alphabet Design is donating all its proceeds of January 2005 to tsunami aid. In 2005, cartoonist Branimir Zlamalik created Smiles (dingbats) and Ulixa (comic book family). [Google]
St. Louis lettering artist Robert Leuschke (who grew up and lives in St. Charles, MO) has made some 250 calligraphic fonts for greeting cards, including many for Hallmark Cards, of which about 80 are commercially available: ITC Arid (1997), a flowing handwriting [see also here], ITC Chivalry (2003), Saliere (1997), Love (2003), SendFlowers (1988), Whisper (2003), RugeBoogie (2004, supercurly script), Ambiance (2004, an informal calligraphic design for Bitstream), and a handprinting font, Roelandt BT (2002, Bitstream). The IRC Chat Font (smilies) is free.
In 2003, he found an outlet for his work through P22 and published P22Corinthia, P22ImperialScript, P22OhLey [simulating Mexican writing], P22Petemoss and P22Ruthie.
He also made RUSerius (2007, curly handwriting), Alex Brush (2003), Cherish Font (2003), ChildrenPlay ROB (2003), Ephesis (1988), Inspiration (2003), JackieO (2003), Licorice (2003), OoohBabyROB (2004), TheNautiGal (2006), Gideon (2009, roman), Corinthia (2009, calligraphic), Puppies Play (2009), Monte Carlo (2011).
Rob Leuschke's bio. Klingspor PDF.
MyFonts interview. [Google]
Apropos Creations (or: CreatiFonts)
This outfit made the following truetype alphadings in 1994: ACBlock, ACOval, AC1Chanukah, AC1Christmas, AC1Easter, AC1EasterBunny, AC1EasterEgg, AC1HoliDings1, AC1HoliDings2, AC1Holly, AC1Menorah, AC2Balloons1, AC2Balloons2, AC2Banner1, AC2Banner2, AC2BannerEnds, AC3Butterfly, AC3DiamondRing, AC3Family, AC3Hearts1, AC3Hearts2, AC3ILoveYou, AC3LoveDings1, AC3MothersLove, AC3Roses, AC3WeddingBands, AC3Wildflower, AC4Arrows1, AC4Arrows2, AC4Congratulations, AC4CourtiDings1, AC2Birthday, AC2Clown, AC2Forks, AC2ItsABoy, AC2ItsAGirl, AC2PartyDings1, AC2TeddyBear, AC2YoureInvited, AC3Anniversay, AC3BeMine, AC4FireWorks, AC4GetWell, AC4GoodBye, AC4GoodLuck, AC4HotAirBalloon, AC4Pencils, AC4ShootingStar, AC4SmileyFace, AC4ThankYou, AC4Welcome. Nowadays, they sell 10USD font paks under the name CreatiFonts in 4 categories: Holiday, Party, Love, Courtesy. [Google]
Designer of the alphading font Smiley Faces. [Google]
Black Fox Foundry
Ivan Kostynyk (Black Fox Foundry) is a graphic designer, aka Ivan K or Ivan Kay, who lives in Toronto, and studied graphic design at Ontario College of Art and Design, or OCAD. His type designs are both free and icommercial, can be found at Practice Foundry and Ten Dollar Fonts. He also created a few commercial typefaces.
Creator of Egypt 22 (2011, a free heavy slab serif, which includes smilies), Lloyd Serif (2010), a refined piano key typeface. It covers Latin, Ukrainian and Russian, and was inspired by Bill Loyd and by the Ogaki typeface.
In 2010, he set up his own foundry. At it, he published the soft monoline sans typeface Soft2911 (2011).
In 2012, he created a geometric sans based on Futura for Chun+Ivan Design, called Anchor2. Pontus is a free geometric sans typeface available from Practice Foundry. In 2014, he published the oriental simulation typeface Takoshi (Ten Dollar Fonts: Takoshi is a finely crafted modern interpretation of 15-17th century Cyrillic writings. Takoshi also features influence from Japanese/Chinese calligraphic writing. Takoshi has a balanced contrast of thick and thin and sharp triangular shapes).
Chun+Ivan Design is located in Toronto and is run by Chun Hu, Ivan Kostynyk and Philip Wu.
Klingspor link. Another Behance link. [Google]
Cartoonist in Canada who created Smiles (2005, smiling faces) and Ulixa (2005, a comic book face) at Alphabet Design. [Google]
Quebec-based typographer and type designer (aka Diogene) who specializes mainly in revivals of obscure or old typefaces.
Dafont link. Yet another URL. Abfonts carries many of his fonts. Fontspace link.
- Salamandre (2012). A tall 19-th century style slab typeface based on Iguana, a design of Sally-Ann Grover.
- Aerolite C Pone (2013). A calligraphic connected copperplate script.
- Angelica CP (2011)
- Banner Star (2012). An American flag-themed display typeface.
- Barrio CP (2011). An inline face.
- BeansCP (2010, after a font found on page 10 of Art Deco Display Alphabets: 100 Complete Fonts by Dan X. Solo).
- Bienetresocial (2003), BienetresocialBold (2003).
- Bizarre and Bizarrerie (2010; based on Edwards and Inland, both designed in 1895 by Nicholas J. Werner at the Inland Type Foundry; renamed in 1925 by BBS)
- Bloque Demo (2011). Experimental.
- Bold (2008)
- Carre (2009, athletic numerals).
- Caslon CP (2012, based on Caslon 223 Bold).
- Champignon (1999-2009, a formal calligraphic script)
- Chartrand (2010, Victorian)
- Chomage (2009)
- Chopin Script (1999-2010, calligraphic; after Polonaise by Phil Martin)
- Constanze Initials (2010). After Constanze Initials by Joachim Romann (1956).
- Crayonnette (2000)
- DeClaude (2010, patterned and named after DeVinne)
- Derniere (1999)
- Dojo CP (2011)
- Dynamic CP (2010, based on page 48 of The Solotype Catalog of 4,147 Display Typefaces as Dynamic Deco)
- Ebony (2011). Based on a Marder&Luse design from 1890. Ebony is on page 38 of 100 Ornamental Alphabets by Dan X. Solo and also on page 43 of The Solotype Catalog of 4,147 Display Typefaces.
- Embrionic 85 (sic) (2012, +Swash Caps) and Embrionic 55 Swash (2012): an ink trap sans display family.
- Essai (2003)
- Euclid CP (2011): based on an 1880 typeface at Central Type Foundry.
- Fancy Text (2004, blackletter)
- Fantaisie1 (1999)
- Gourmandise (2013), an exquisite Normandian-style didone display typeface.
- Grandee CP (2014). Claude says that it is based on T.H. Grandee, but that is too cryptic for me...
- Haricot (2010, a fat modular typeface based on Beans in the Dan Solo catalog)
- Humeur (2001-2002, funny smilies)
- IEC5000 (2011). A symbol font with electrical and other icons.
- Initiales Medium (2011)
- JohnHancockCP-Medium (2010, bold didone)
- Landi Echo (2011). A remake of Landi Echo by Alessandro Butti (1939-1943).
- La Tribune (2011). A newspaper type.
- Le Golf or Le Trou (2010, art nouveau typeface by Antoine Szczebanski, digitized by Claude Pelletier; also on page 71 of the Solotype catalog)
- Les Etoiles (2013): an inline typeface
- Lionel P (2010, a multiline typeface inspired by Letraset's 1973 typeface Stripes)
- Malvern (1999)
- Manquis CP (2012). A roman typeface.
- Maratre (2013). A delicious connected copperplate calligraphic script.
- Monterey Wide (2011). A Tuscan ornamental face, based on a showing on page 22 of The Solotype Catalog of 4,147 Display Typefaces.
- Motscroises (1997)
- Niaisage (2012). A lachrymal caps only typeface.
- Oxford CP (2010, a multiline face, based on the 1960s typeface by Christine Lord)
- Pasdecourbe (2003)
- Pasdenom (2001, no punctuation)
- Pepinot (2012), an art nouveau typeface based on Coral Inline on page 190 of The Solotype Catalog of 4,147 Display Typefaces.
- Pistilli Roman (2011, after the original by Pistilli)
- Postface (2012). A bold signage script face.
- Rita Smith (2012). After Primavera by Rita Major.
- Rogers, Rogers2 (1997). He says that it is not his font---that he just rearranged the glyphs. According to Claude, can be found in the book Treasury of Authentic Art Nouveau Alphabets, ed. Petzendorfer, Plate 23. It was made in 1902 by A.V. Haight for Inland Typefoundry.
- Simplement (2011) is Cut-in Medium on page 163 of The Solotype Catalog of 4,147 Display Typefaces.
- Stylie Stymus (2012).
- Threshold (2014).
- TriangleETcircleShadow, TriangleETcircleShadowed (2010, 3d iron work style face)
- UptightC (2010, multiline face).
- YagiUHFNo2 (2012).
Digidea Lee is a designer from Hailar, China, b. 1991. He created one free emoticon font, available from Dafont: Yolks Emoticons (2008), Dist Inking (2008, a nice paint brush face). [Google]
Divide by Zero (or: DBZ Fonts)
Divide by Zero (or: DBZ Fonts) has about 100 fun freeware TrueType fonts by Tom Murphy from Hamden, CT. Direct downloads. All the fonts in one zip. The fonts, made between 1993 and 2005: 32768NO, 7hours, ActionJackson, Angstrom, AntelopeH, AntimonyBlue, BoringBoron, CODON, ColophonDBZ, ConventionalWisdom, CosineKatie, Davis, Dissonant-Fractured, DoctorAzul, Donner, DouglasAdamsHand, Dysprosium, Epilog, Faraday, Fresnel, GaussJordan, Geodesic, Germs, GreenwichMeanTime, GuildofProfessionalActors, HockeyisLif, HockeyisLif, HydrogenScore, Initial, Isuckatgolf, Levity, Lexographer, Linear, MayQueen, MelanieGirly, MetaLanguage, MusicDBZ, NaturalLog, NonBlockingSocket, NullPointer, OPTICBOT, OneConstant, PROGBOT, Pinball-Data, PotassiumScandal, Prefix, Proteron, Ransom, RealBttsoief, Resurgence, RobotTeacher, Secret-Labs, SignalToNoise, Snootorgpixel10, Submerged, Technetium, Tetanus, ThisBoringParty, Toast, Tom's-Handwriting, Tom's-NewRoman, Tombats-One, Tombats6, Tombats7, TombatsFour, TombatsSmilies, TombatsThree, Tombots, TommysFirstAlphabet, TomsHeadache, Tuesday, Two-TurtleDoves, Valium, WolvesLower, Yikatu, ZincBoomerang.
Fontspace link. Dafont link. [Google]
EFI Home Page (Educational Fontware)
Sells handwriting-fonts designed to exactly replicate many educational handwriting styles. In particular, they have these:
- D'Nealian: DN Cursive and DN Manuscript.
- Zaner-Bloser: ZB Manuscript, ZB Cursive, OZ Manuscript, OZ Cursive.
- A Beka: AB Cursive and AB Manuscript, based on the style shown in workbooks developed by A Beka Book, Inc.
- Bob Jones University: CCU Cursive and CCU Manuscript, ugly fonts based on materials copyrighted by Bob Jones University.
- DKL Cursive and DKR Cursive, patterned after the handwriting methods in the workbooks Cursive Writing Skills (Educators Publishing Service, Inc, 31 Smith Place, Cambridge, MA), by Diana Hanbury King.
- Frank Schaffer: FS Classic, FS Contemporary, and FS Manuscript, developed using materials copyrighted by Frank Schaffer Publishing.
- Getty-Dubay Italic: GDI Basic, GDI Combined, and GDI Cursive, a handwriting method developed by Barbara M. Getty and Inga S. Dubay at Portland State University, Continuing Education Press. EFI worked with Getty and Dubay to develop its GDI fonts.
- Handwriting Without Tears: HWT Cursive and HWT Manuscript, pretty upright cursives and a hairline geometric sans. Handwriting Without Tears is a registered trademarked of Jan Z. Olsen.
- Harcourt Brace: HB Cursive and HB Manuscript.
- Loops and Groups: LG Cursive, based on the handwriting samples in the copyrighted Instructor's Manual Loops and Other Groups---A Kinesthetic Writing System by Mary Benbow.
- McDougal, Littell: McD Cursive and McD Manuscript, based on materials copyrighted by McDougal, Littell&Company.
- Palmer: Palmer Manuscript (simple hairline sans), Vintage Palmer and New Palmer, which include several variations of the cursive handwriting style that constitute the Palmer Method. Vintage Palmer is based on a 1923 workbook, and New Palmer on a 1987 workbook.
- Pentime: PT Cursive and PT Manuscript, developed for use by the Amish communities, through workbooks rather than directly with computers. The fonts were created for JKL Services, who use the fonts to produce handwriting materials for the Amish community.
- Peterson Directed Handwriting: PM Cursive, PM Block, and PM Slant.
- Queensland: QM Cursive and QBA Manuscript, based on samples from workbooks by Horowitz Martin Education.
- Russian: RU Cursive and Manuscript families (9 fonts) for Cyrillic.
- Seattle School District: SSD Cursive and SSD Printscript, based on handwriting samples and methods developed by Patricia Heller and Elaine M. Aoki for the Seattle Public Schools. samples were found in a 1993 K-5 handwriting manual called Write It Right (Seattle Public Schools).
- Steck Vaughn: SV Cursive and SV Manuscript, developed using materials copyrighted by Steck Vaughn Company.
- Specialty Fonts: four Ball-and-stick and Dashes fonts, Braille 24 and Braille 24 Hollow, Clocks, EFI Count Dots on Numbers, EFI Direct Instruction, EFI Music Symbols, Emo-faces, Fingerletters (for American Sign Language), Lettersound Pictures, Morse Code, Phonetics Phont, POSTNET-16.
Fontstructor who made Dot Serif (2012), fs Gold (2012, kitchen tile face) and Kidnapper (2012, dot matrix face).
In 2013, he added fs Slyte, fs Kingsletter (blackletter), fs Gardenia, fs Accordion, fs Badminton (+Mono), fs Lollipop Script, fs Monopixel (Serif, Regular), fs Sphinx, fs Quotable, fs Recalibur, fs Informe 04, FS Typewriter (a huge font that covers Latin and Cyrillic), FS Uno (monospaced), Menora, Excalibur, Cirplex (a circular font), 5x5 Monopixel, Medievia, fs Tahoma 8px, Standard Serif, Zapphire Round (kitchen tile face), fs Smilies, fs Gridded (+lc), fs Midnight Gambler, fs Semiserif Mono, fs Almostencil, fs Glass (textured face), fs Will I Am Not, fs Magnifique (a connected script), fs Karmina, fs Kursiv, fs Handwritten, fs Markitaraz, fs Neon, fs Himali (a connect-the-dots typeface), fs Fontstruct, fs Phille (kitchen tile font), fs Phoneta, fs Curves, fs Wizdom, fs Handwritten, fs Sly Small, fs Quark, Williomnot, fs Sanstruct, fs Direction (arrowed letters).
Typefaces from 2014: FS Score 3D, FS Vincent, FS Vandyx, FS Wizdom, FS Dot Serif, FS Handwritten, FS Lost (a labyrinthine font for Latin and Cyrillic that won an award in the 2014 FontStruct InLine Font Competition). Other typefaces from 2014 include FS Cookie, FS Cookie Clean, FS Pentagale, FS Gardenia, FS Monopixel Regular, FS Shattern (glaz krak face), FS Zeblin, FS Intrepid (labyrinthine). [Google]
Jamie Place (aka FontBlast, b. 2002) is a UK-based FontStructor, allegedly born in 2002 (?), who made these typefaces in 2012: Microstruct (gridded, kitchen tile face), FontStrukt Soft, FontSrukt Clean Soft, Kombinationsschrift, Gridder (a kitchen tile family: +Soft, +Box, +Bold), Skyber, Diabolo (piano key stencil genre), fb Catbop, Hangar Shot, Hangar (army stencil), FontStrukt (+Soft), Braille Full, fb Symbols, Imagine More FB, fb Atarian, Imagine FB, Barkode, Fontstruction No1 (+Extended), Tetraminos, Structurosa Fill, fb Karakter, Minimal Export, Barkode, fb Scoreboard (dot matrix typeface for Latin and Cyrillic), Wenlock, Small Fonts, Fat Largo, Largo, Kerr, Kerr Bold, fb Mixture Unstable, Freehand, Structurosa Refined, fb Switch, fb Mixture, Vado, NES Forever, Retrotype Dot Matrix, Avant Pixel, fb Tall, Fast Money Clean, Retrotype, Retrotype Too (pixelish), Retrotype Sliced, Braille Caps, Tiger Sans (horizontally striped), Pixelface (smilie face), Karmink (star dingbats), Cofmugg (+Gap: piano key faces).
Typefaces from 2013: Slink, Tuning Fork, Dicey (dice font), Septober, Pico Pop (kitchen tile), Plano (kitchen tile), Dolphin Sans (hairline), New English (stencil), Gadget, Curvaceous Script, Avant Pixel, Barkode, Brailled, Haus (counterless), Zapadni, Curvaceous Script, Metric (a piano key Futura-like stencil face), Mocha, Mocha Book, dm FB Solidis, Tapedeck, Gridder Bold (kitchen tile face), Modulator, Turning Fork, Zapadni (Western), FontStrukt2, Metric (piano key face), Monaco (pixel face), Blackfoot (Pac-Man style), FB Catbop, Peach Condensed, Noodle, Peach Squared, Vaquero, Haus, fb Academy Sans, Peach, Rider.
Dafont link. [Google]
[James L. Stirling]
Fontry West is located in Tulsa, OK. At MyFonts, these Fontry West fonts can be bought: Iron, Toxcons (2008, skulls), WILD1 Firstvision, WILD1 Larra, WILD1 Nobody, WILD1 Ruts, WILD1 Toxia, WILD2 Ghixm, WILD2 Keetoowah (2008). Its type designer is James L. Stirling, who cofounded the Watts, Oklahoma-based design and lettering studio The Fontry in 1992 with Michael Gene Adkins. Born in 1964 in Oklahoma, Stirling codesigned WILD1 Firstvision (1997, techno) and Ironrider and Ironhorse (2008, blackletter faces based on wood types) with Adkins. In 2000, he co-designed the fonts Modern Poster and Modern Roman, based on the lettering of Alf R. Becker, a sign painter from 1932 to 1957. These fonts were published by Agfa-Monotype. Later fonts there include Steel Narrow, Steel Moderne, Chicago Modern. At The Fontry in the early 1990s, he made Klash (comic books style), Peppermint and Peppermint Openface (Southwest influences), Marbles&Strings, and Keetowah. He also made some Greek fonts at The Fontry.
In 2009, James Stirling started a serious digitization program of the art deco fonts of Alf R. Becker (based mostly on his Signs of the Times series), and made ARB 70 Modern Poster, ARB 93 Steel Moderne, ARB 44 Chicago Modern, ARB08ExtremeRomanAUG-32CASNormal (2009; the original is from 1932), and ARB 67 Modern Roman.
The grunge typeface JLS OverKill Grunge (2009) is free. JLS Smiles (2010) is a family of typefaces consisting of smilies / emoticons. FHA Modernized Ideal Classic (2011, with Michael Gene Adkins) is based on a demonstraton alphabet from Frank H. Atkinson's Atkinson Sign Painting (1908).
Typefaces from 2012 include FHA Condensed French (with Michael Gene Adkins), JLS Space X1C (LED style), JLS Space X2C, JLS Space Gothic, JLS Data Gothic. In 2013, James cooperated with Michael Gene Adkins on FHA Broken Gothic, a layered chiseled type system based on Frank Atkinson's Broken Poster.
Typefaces from 2014: FHA Tuscan Roman (2014, Michael Gene Adkins, James L Stirling).
Dafont link. FontShop link.
View James Stirling's typefaces. [Google]
Designer of the pixel smiley typeface Smiley Smileys (2008, FontStruct). [Google]
[Unicode Fonts for Ancient Scripts]
George Edward Purdy
[The Computer Graphics Site]
Hanoded is the foundry (est. 2010) of Dutch designer and photographer David Kerkhoff, b. Epe, 1969. In its first year, Hanoded was a free font outfit specializing in handwriting and hand-printed faces. Its creations could be seen at Dafont, Abstract Fonts and Fontspace. Fontspring link. Klingspor link.
In 2011, he went partially commercial via MyFonts. His typefaces became more diversified and are quite stunning at times:
- A: Abelia (2015), Abysmal Gaze (2011. scratchy face), Aderyn (2012: a poster family), Aint Nothing Fancy (2010). All Over Again (2010), All Over Again All Caps (2010), Allez Hop (2011), Americain (2012, constructivist), Amoebica (2014), Andorra Script (2014), Antisocial Behavior (2010), Artful Dodger (2012, a grungy Clarendon), AshesToAshes (2010), Ashtanga (2013, curly caps), Au Revoir (2012).
- B: BadPaintjob (2010), Balagan (2010), Bandolina (2014), Baznat (2010), BehindDirtyBlinds (2010), DK Bergelmir (2014), Black Bamboo (2014), Black Mark (2012, a heavy brush face), Bloemgracht (2014, Dutch deco), Bombay Blue (2014, hand-crafted poster font), Bottle Shop Faded (2010), Brooklyner (2013: an art deco caps typeface based on the typeface used for The Brooklynite, a magazine from the 1920's), Bullet in your Head (2010). Business As Usual (2011, scratchy), Butterfly Ball (2014).
- C: Canned Whale (2012, outlined and hand-printed), Carambola (art deco sans), Carbonara (2011, grungy typewriter), Carte Blanche (2012, a gorgeous arched / sketched caps face), Castanea (2012, a painter's font), Celluloid Bliss (2010), Charons Obol (2011, scary brush face), Cheat Sheet (2013, handwritten), Chunky Chicken (2013), DK Clair de Lune (2012, an exquisite curly poster font), Codswallop (2011, fat hand-printed), DK Coliseu (2014, art deco), DK Cool Crayon, Corner Shop Chique (2010), Couldnt be bothered (2010), Courant (2011, grungy blackletter), Crayon Crumble (2011, chalk face), DK Crayonista (2012), Criss Cross (2011), Cubissimo (2013, a cubist geometric font inspired by a 1929 poster advertising a museum exhibition), Cul de Sac (2010, 3d outline face, hand-printed and sketched).
- D: Deco Pimp (2011), Die Bruecke (2013, a woodblock printing emulation typeface named after the Die Brücke movement), DK Allez Hop (2011). Don Quixote (2011. nice grunge calligraphic hand), Double Quick (2014), Douceur (2014, a blackboard bold / tattoo script), Downward Fall (2014, a rough brush), Drawing Blood (2010), Dreadnought (2014, brush face).
- E: Early Morning Coffee (2012), Ersatz Quality (2010).
- F: Face Your Fears (2011), FairNSquare (2010), Fallout Font (2010), Fantastique (2012, a 3d hand-printed caps face), Fat Little Piggy (2010), Father Frost (2012), Fiebiger Eins (2013, an art nouveau / arts & crafts typeface after a 1908 poster by Franz Fiebiger), Fiebiger Zwei (2013), Fledermaus (2012: Fledermaus ("bat") was a cabaret theater from Vienna. The original Jugendstil decor was designed by Josef Hoffman and several posters, advertising performances, were designed by other members of the Vienna Workshop. The Fledermaus font was based on a 1907 poster by Bertold Löffler.; the missing glyphs were created by Kerkhoff), DK Formosa (2012).
- G: Galangal (a phenomenal poster typeface that plays on thick and thin, in the style of Horst Caps), Gerards Gold (2010, script face), GerardsGold (2010). Ghost Reverie (2010, a scratchy family), Grafiker (2013, a brush typeface loosely based on the work of designers Oskar Kokoschka (1886-1980) and Jean Carlu (1900-1997)), Gulag Decay (2010).
- H: Hanoded Hand (2010), Hanoded-Heavy (2010), Harimau (2012, a rounded children's book font), Harrumph (2011, a fat poster lettering family), Hasty Tasty (2011), HaraldRunicDEMO (2010), Heckel (2013, a German expressionist hand-drawn typeface based on the handwriting of Erich Heckel (1883-1970), a founding member of Die Brücke, a group of German expressionist), Hedgehog Hans (2012, comic book typeface), Hex (2012), Hieratic Numerals (2010), High Tea (2012), DK Himmelblau (2012, art nouveau font based on a poster from 1902 made by the Künstlerbund Hagen), Hobgoblin (2014), Hofstad (2014, after an art deco typeface used by poster designer John Lavies), Hokitika (2014, art deco), Huggin and Muninn (2012, script face), Hummus Chips Salat (2010).
- I: Inky Fingers (2013, a fat finger font), Innuendo (2015), Interstellar Erosion (2010), DK Insomniac (2015), Ishtar (2012: spooky brush font).
- J: Jambo (2014, bouncy and funky), Joe Schmoe (2011, hand-printed), Jubileum (2013), Just Before Liposuction (2010).
- K: Kaikoura (2014, art deco), Kempoka (2014, brush script), Kerberos Fang (2011), Keswick (2013, a lipstick font created using a 6B pencil), Fat Kitty Kat (2013), DK Koerier (2014, a 3d outlined typeface), Kokomo (2012, 3d and outlined), Kolkata Hotelroom (2010), Komsomol (2014: was modeled on several Soviet propaganda posters and anmed after the youth division of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, the Komsomol, or Kommunisticheskii Soyuz Molodyozhi), Koshatnik (2011, all caps brush face), Kubikajiri (2011, an India ink brush face), DK Kundalini (2013, curly), Kunstschau (2012: a beautiful poster font that was modeled on a stamp, designed by Austrian artist Bertold Löffler, for the Kunstschau 1908 exhibition in Vienna), Kurkuma (2013, a wonderful poster caps face), Kusukusu (2011, hand-printed), Kwark (2013: a 3d poster font).
- L: Lampion (2012, a condensed unicase hand-drawn face), Leakage (2010, ink splash face), Lemon Yellow Sun (2014), DK Limoen (2012, shadow outline face), Lokomotiv (2012, an art deco caps typeface based on poster for the 1930 Geneva Motor Show), DK Louise (2012, art deco, cubist: based on the art of Louise Marie (lou) Loeber, a Dutch painter).
- M: Maduki (2013), Majolica (2014, art deco), DK Mama Bear (2012), Mandolin (2014), Mary Ate a Little Lamb (2010), Mayonaise (2011), Meshuggeneh (2013---crazy fool on Yiddish; a twisted 3d typeface), Midnight Hour (2011), Moi Non Plus (2011), DK Monsieur Le Chat (2012, curly face---can't wait for Madame La Chatte...), Moonlight Shadow (2010, a nice scribbly pair of fonts), Mosca (2013), Mothman (2011, a spooky scratchy face).
- N: Nakata (2012, a great notebook style script), Nanuk (2013, an outlined 3d typeface), Neues Bauen (2011). Nightbird (2011, blood drip face), Northumbria (2012: modeled on original 7th and 8th century monastic gospel books from Northern England), DK Nutnik (2012, a mural paint font), Nyctophobia (2010, brush face).
- O: Obrigado (2012, rounded art deco face), Oei (2010), Oomph (2010), Okiku (2014, a scratchy poster typeface), Oranjerie (2013, poster typeface), Otago (2014: a classic all caps art deco typeface), DK Oyuki's Ghost (2013, scratchy scary typeface made with a steel pen and Chinese Ink---the name comes from a painting by Maruyama Okyo (1733-1795), which depicts his mistress who died young. Maruyama Okyo claimed she haunted him in his sleep).
- P: Pandanus (2014), Pardesi (2013, a fat marker pen font), Paviljoen (2014: Dutch art deco), Pawn Shop Pretty (2010), Petit Oiseau (2013), Pimpernel (2012), Pinda (2011), P.I. (2011, grungy typewriter), Pingo (2012, display face), Pinkus (2013, a caps-only poster font), Pisang (2013, an all caps poster font), Plakkaat (2011), Poison Ivy (2014, scratchy hand), Pondicherry (2014, a hand-sketched 3d typeface), Porcupine Pickle (2011), ProjectX (2010), ProjectY (2010), ProjectZ (2010), Promedanenmischung (2010), Psycho Killer (2013), Pumpkin Soup (2013: a poster typeface), Pundak (2014, all caps 3d outlined typeface), DK Pusekatt (2013).
- Q: DK Qilin (2014: a great inky font), Quatrain (a hand-drawn didone), Quid Pro Quo (2011, scratchy calligraphic), Quilted Butterfly (2010), QuoVadisQuasimodo (2010).
- R: Rabbit on the Moon (2011, children's typeface), Rainforest (2010). Rat Infested Mailbox (2010), Retch (2013, frightening scratchy script), Rotorua (2014, art deco), Rum Doodle (2013), Rumpelstiltskin (2011, comic book family), Runic Series [Gunfjaun Runic (2010), Modraniht Runic (2010), Leakage (2010), Hyrrokkin Runic (2010), Harald Runic (2010). Gunnar Runic (2010), Nidhogg Runic (2010), Skraeling Runic (2010), Sleipnir Runic (2010), Tjelvar Runic (2010), Yggdrasil Runic (2010), Graip Runic (2010), Fenrir Runic (2010), Beowulf Runic (2010)], Rusty Cage (2011).
- S: Same Same but Different (2010), DK Samhain (2012, brush face), Sammy Boy (2011, fat poster face), Satsuma (2013, a poster face), Saturday Sunday Monday (2010), Scurvy Dog (2011, scratchy hand), Secret Diary (2013: hand-printed), Sheepman (2012), Shesek (2011, a fat finger face), Single Malta (2010), Sirius B (2013, poster font), Sketchy Smiley (2010, smilies), Sketchy Smiley II (2012), Skratch (2010, broken glass face), Sleepy Time (2013, hand-printed), Sleight of Hand (2010), Slipstream Sweetheart (2010), Snemand (2013, a poster titling typeface), Sobriquet (2012: a wonderful antique poster face), Souplesse (2013), Spiderlegs (2011. Images: i, ii), SquareOne (2010), SquareOneGrunge (2010), Squint (2013, squarish), Statendam (2014, caps only Dutch art deco influenced by interbellum ads for the Holland America Line), Suco de Laranja (2012), SundayMonday (2010), Sweet Steeffie (2010). Syphon Spritz (2010, a great curly script; a Pro version appeared in 2010 at CheapProFonts).
- T: That Little Piggy (2010), Technojunk (2014, 3d squarish hand-drawn typeface), Thievery (2012, curly script), This Little Piggy (2010), Tobu (2014), Trashtype (2011, grungy), Tripping on Acid (2010), Trollslayer (2011, brush face), Twelve Weeks Pregnant (2010), Tzeva Tari (2010, grunge Hebrew).
- U: Ugh (2010), Umbilical Noose (2014, a rough brush).
- V: Ventana (2013, created using Chinese ink and a bamboo pen), Vermilion (2013, hand-printed poster face), DK Viareggio (2012, an art deco font Viareggio is based on the handlettering found on a 1931 poster, advertising the carnival of Viareggio), Vienna Workshop (2012, an art nouveau typeface based on some of the artwork produced by Vienna Workshop artists, in particular that of Koloman Moser), Visum (2014), Vox Populi (2012, medieval).
- W: Warpspeed (2010), Wayang (2013, influenced by Indonesian puppets), Weekend Warrior (2010), Welt Schmerz (2012, a post-art nouveau typeface based on a 1910 poster from Austria), WetDream (2010), Whatnot (2013), Whynot (2014), WindshieldMassacre, With A Twist (2011).
- Y: Yellow Balloon (2013, a fat poster face), Yuli (2014).
- Z: Zeebonk (2013, a tattoo font), Zonnig (2011).
A list of Japanese emoticons. [Google]
[Kuzu@Fonts (or: Dusthome, or: Dust Fonts)]
Robert Schenk (Ingrimayne) created the smilie font All Smiles (1998). [Google]
Ingrimayne Type (was: The Bovine Rebellion)
Ingrimayne Type was established in 1988 by Robert Schenk to sell his fonts via the web and via CDs such as the No-Hype Type CD (2500 typefaces in trueType and PostScript, with mostly original typefaces). Robert Schenk (b. 1946, Minnesota) lives in Rensselaer, IN. Before Ingrimayne, Schenk's type was distributed by Wayzata Technology. Free fonts at his site included Red Letter, Zirkle, Sallonext, Zarrow, Serpent.
Specimen book. Alternate URL.
Dingbat fonts: XPhyngern (1990, pointing fingers), XPointedDesert and XSimpleHands (1994, more fists), Schneeflaken (two snow fonts, now available as XSchneeFlaken), ComputerBugz (nice butterflies, now available as XCompuTerBuggz), Galaxies (around the theme of the sun and stars), GlitzyFlash (1990), Grandecort (1994), LeakOrLeach (1995), Baumfuss (1990), LeafMeAlone (leaves), StarsAndStripes, StarPieces, Fingers, SimpleHands, PointedDesert, IngyDing (1996, 3 dingbat fonts in the style of Zapf Dingbats; in 2010 overhauled into one 1400-ornament monster face, Ingy Ding MCD, containing smilies, arrows, Zapfian ornaments, dice, chess pieces, fists, weather dingbats, and so forth), IngyDingLeftovers.
A list of fonts:
- A: Aabced-Bold-Italic, Aabced-Bold, Aabced-Italic, Aabced-Regular, Aabced, AabcedBold, AabcedBoldItalic, AabcedExtraBold, AabcedItalic, AabcedRoman, AabcedXBold-Bold, AabcedXBold, Abagail-Regular, AbagailJackson, AccruedInterest, AcornSwash-Regular, AcornSwash, AcornSwashAltern-Regular, AcornSwashAltern, AcornSwashRoman, Accrued Interest, Albert Betenbuch (blackletter), AlbertBetenbuchExtrude, AllSmiles, AmericanMorseCodeIT, AnarckWarp, Anarckhie, AnarckhieBold, AnarckhieBoldItalic, AnarckhieDecayed, AnarckhieItalic, AnarckhieJiggled, AnarckhieRagged, AnarckhieShadow, AndrewAndreasBold, AndrewAndreasPlain, AndrewAndreasXBold, Andrew Andy College (athletic lettering), AndrewAndyKactus, AndrewAndyStencil, AndrewAndyStencilBold, AndyEight, AntsyPantsy, ArgentBobSquish, Argenta, ArgentaBobbWig, ArgentaBobbed, ArgentaBold, ArgentabObbed, Asterx-Regular, Asterx, Auldroon-Regular, Auldroon (blackletter), AndrewAndyKactus, AntsyPantsy.
- B: Baker Half (2004, an experimental hexagonally designed family), Balboat-Regular, BalboatBold, BalboatPlain, Barefoot, BaumSquiggle, Baumfuss-Regular, Baumfuss, BaumfussTwo-Regular, BaumfussTwo, BearButteTBold, BearButteTBoldItalic, BearButteTItalic, BearButteTPlain, BearButteTSpecial, BeastlyFont, Bene, BeneCryptExtrude, BeneCryptine-Regular, BeneCryptine (blackletter), BeneCryptineDistorted, BeneScriptine-Regular, BeneScriptine (blackletter), BetterEuroika, BetterEuroikaBold, BetterEuroikaBoldItalic, BetterEuroikaHybrid, BetterEuroikaHybridBold, BetterEuroikaItalic, BetterIngriana, BetterIngrianaBold, BetterIngrianaBoldItalic, BetterIngrianaHybrid, BetterIngrianaHybridBold, BetterIngrianaItalic, BetterKamp, BetterKampBold, BetterKampBoldItalic, BetterKampItalic, BetterTypeRightBold, BetterTypeRightBoldItalic, BetterTypeRightItalic, BetterTypeRightMedium, BetterTypeRightPlain, BetterTypeRightThin, BetterTypeRightThinItalic, BetterTypeRiteSpec, BetterTypeRiteSpecBold, Big-Regular, BigBottom, Bigtop-Regular, Bigtop, Bilevel, BiteOfApple, Bizaro, BizaroRES, Blockboys, Bluster Left, BobsExtraPictures, BobsStandardChess, Bouncer, Bowling, BringInTheFrowns, Brrrrr-Regular, Brrrrr, BuggyFont, BumberShoot.
- C: Cennerik-Bold, Cennerik-Regular, Cennerik, CennerikBold, CennerikEBold, CennerikExtraBold, CennerikPlain, CennerikSpiked, CennerikXBold-Bold, ChainLetterOne, ChainLetterTwo, CheckMateRES, ChessNut, ChessNutTwo, Chessterton, ChesstertonTwo, Circlet, CoffeeMug, CompassOne, CompuTerBuggz, ConcavWarp, ConcavexCaps, ConcavexCapsWave, ConcavexStepper, CoughingNails, Court-Regular, CourtGesture, CourtJesterFrizzy, CrippledFont, CuthbMangle, CuthbeNick, Cuthbert.
- D: DavidBurry, DavidFarewell, DavidFarewellBold, David Farewell Stencil, Dear John, Demotte-Bold, Demotte-Regular, Demotte, DemotteBold, DemotteWarp, Dinner-Regular, Dinner, Dottie, DrivEddie, Dschoyphul.
- E: EdsDream, EdwardEdwinBold, EdwardEdwinPlain (1994, copperplate script), Eldroon, Erkball, ErkballBold, Euroika-Bold-Italic, Euroika-Bold, Euroika-Italic, Euroika-Regular, EuroikaBold, EuroikaBoldItalic, EuroikaItalic, EuroikaKamp, EuroikaKampBold, EuroikaKampBoldItalic, EuroikaKampItalic, EuroikaRoman, Euroika, Eyebel, EyebelBold, EyebelRuff.
- F: FansiPensle (1990, connected signage script), FansiPensleBold, FansiPenslePlain, FansiPensleTwo, FansiPensleTwoBold (1990), FansiPensleTwoPlain, Febdrei, FebdreiBold, Federhozen-Bold-Italic, Federhozen-Italic, Federhozen-Regular, Federhozen, FederhozenBold, FederhozenBoldItalic, FederhozenItalic, FederhozenPlain, FeggoliteDancing, FeggoliteDancingItalic, FeggoliteHatched, FeggoliteKeyed, FeggoliteMonoBold, FeggoliteMonoPlain, FeggoliteRuffled, Fezdaz, Fishhook, FiveOhOne, FiveOhTwo, FlagDayFour, FlagDayOne, FlagDayThree, FlagDayTwo, Fly High, FlyHighBold, FlyHighBoldItalic, FlyHighItalic, ForTheBirds, FourJuly, FourJulyG, FourJulyH, Framo-Regular.
- G: GLitzy, GLitzyBarbed, GLitzyPlain-Regular, GLitzyStripe, GLitzyVStriped, Galexica-Bold-Italic, Galexica-Bold, Galexica-Italic, Galexica-Regular, Galexica, GalexicaBold, GalexicaBoldItalic, GalexicaExtraBold, GalexicaItalic, GalexicaMono-Bold, GalexicaMono-Regular, GalexicaMono, GalexicaMonoBold, GalexicaMonoPlain, GalexicaPlain, GalexicaXBold-Bold, GlitzyCurl-Regular, GlitzyCurl, GlitzyFlash-Regular, GlitzyFlash, GlitzyJewel-Regular, GlitzyJewel, Gothamburg (blackletter), GothamburgBold, GothamburgShadowed, GothicHorror, GothicRock, GranCanaries, GrancMitSripes, GrandecortBold, GrandecortHoly, GrandecortMedium, GrandecortShadow, GretchenHelloBold, GretchenHelloPlain, Grundee.
- H: Hammered, HandanaBold, HandanaPlain, HandmadeFont, HeartMatrixed, Hermainita, HermainitaBold, HermainitaPlain, HeyPumkin, HippityDippityBold, HippityDippityInline, HippityDippityPlain.
- I: IanSegoe, IggoliteMono, IngBurried, IngDingLeftover, Ingone, IngoneSaw, IngoneShadow, IngrianEuroikHybrid, IngrianEuroikHybridBold, IngrianEuroikaH, IngrianEuroikaHBold, IngrianEuroikaHBoldItalic, IngrianEuroikaHItalic, Ingriana, IngrianaBold, IngrianaBoldItalic, IngrianaCasual, IngrianaCasualBold, IngrianaCasualBoldItalic, IngrianaCasualItalic, IngrianaCasualPlain, IngrianaExtraBold, IngrianaItalic, IngrianaPlain, IngyArrows, IngyArrowsTwo, IngyDingThree, IngyDings, InsideLetters, InternationalMorseCodeIT, IrritationOne, IrritationTwo.
- J: JabcedHy, JabcedHyBold, JabcedHyBoldItalic, JabcedHyItalic, JasperSqueeze, JasperSqueezeBold, JasperSqueezeBoldItalic, JasperSqueezeEB, JasperSqueezeEBItalic, JasperSqueezeItalic, JenneriCurved, Jennerik, JennerikBold, JennerikExtraBold, JennerikInfml-Bold, JennerikInfml, JennerikInfmlBold, JennerikInfmlExtraBold, JennerikInfmlPlain, JennerikInfmlXBold, JennerikRoman, Jester, JesterRES (Tuscan), JesterTwo (Tuscan), Jestres, JetJanBoldItalicGray, JetJaneButton, JetJaneMonoBold, JetJaneMonoBoldItalic, JetJaneMonoCapsBold, JetJaneMonoCapsPlain, JetJaneMonoCapsThin, JetJaneMonoItalic, JetJaneMonoPlain, JetJaneMonoThinBook, JetJaneMonoThinItalic.
- K: KampFriendshipBold, KampFriendshipBoldItalic, KampFriendshipItalic, KampFriendshipPlain, KampIngrianaH, KampIngrianaHBold, KampIngrianaHBoldItalic, KampIngrianaHItalic, KampIngrianaHybrid, KampIngrianaHybridBold, KampRipple, Karlisbad, KiddyChessFont, KlipJoint, Knaudens-Regular, Knaudens, Kneebls, KneeblsBold, KneeblsExtruded, KneeblsPlain, KneeblsRuffled, KneeblsThin, KnewFont, KnewFontBold, KnewFontJagged, KnewFontPlain, KnewFontWaisted, KnewFontWaistedBold, KnightMares, KolSpotted, KolStriped, KolkFizzy, Kolkman-Bold, KolkmanDimly, KolkmanGray, KolkmanShatter, KolkmanStriped, Kwersity, KwersityBold, KwersityWider, KwersityWiderBold, Kwodsity, KyhotaBarbed, KyhotaOne, KyhotaTwo.
- L: LaserTrain, LaserTrainBold, LastBigFling, LastBigFlingBold, LastMinuteChess, Laudens, LeakorLeach, LeakorLeachLeft, LeefMeAlone, LeefMeAloneHoles, LeekorLeech, Letrinth, LetterTrain-Regular, LetterTrain, LetterTrainBold, LetterTrainBoldItalic, LetterTrainItalic, LetterTrainPlain, Lettergical (1994, blackletter with Lombardic capitals), LettergicalWave, LetunicalBold, LetunicalInline, LetunicalNormal, LetunicalShadow, LetunicalWarp, Library-Italic, Library-Regular, Life After College (2008, athletic lettering family), LineDrive, LineDriveBold, LineDriveOutlined, LineDrivePlain, LineDriveShadow.
- M: MITuscan, MMCheckered, MMDrawings, MMPattern, Mangaled, Masheen (1990, octagonal font), MasheenBold, MasheenConvicted, MasheenFlag, MasheenIIID, MasheenOutlined, MatthewTwo, MattsFastFont, MedicineShelf, MedievalGunslinger, MedievalGunslingerShadow, Minimalist-Regular, Minimalist, Minniesoda, MinniesodaBold, Modsten-Bold, Modsten-Regular, Modsten (stencil, 1990), ModstenBold, ModstenRoman, MoreTexture, MousyFont, MushmellowBold, MushmellowCactus, MushmellowOutline, MushmellowPlain, MuskitosCaps, MuskitosCapsShadDown, Myhota, MyhotaBarbed, MyhotaBold, MyhotaHatched, MyhotaHatchedBold, MyhotaPlain, MyhotaWithSpikes.
- N: NailsNStaples, NairobiNormal, NeedALilly, NerdishHex, NerdishHexBold, Neu Altisch (blackletter), NeuAltischBold, NeuAltischGray, NeuAltischPlain, NeuAltischShadLeft, NeuAltischShadow, NeuAltischWormEaten, NeuropolMedium, NewLaudens, NewLibrary, NewLibraryItalic, NewNerdShadowed, NewNerdishBold, NewNerdishPlain, NewNerdishThin, NoPainRight, NoPainRightBold, NopainLeft, NopainLeftBold.
- O: OakParkAve, OakParkAvePlain, OakParkBlvdPlain, OakParkExtruded, OakParkSpeckled, OakParkSquaRe, OakParkZiggy, OakParksTripped, Old Harold Ree (1992, a modification of PhederFract, which was a calligraphic fraktur typeface also by Schenk), OldHaroldReeBold, OldHaroldReePlain, Onyon (1997).
- P: PastedWarp, PattyDay, PawnShop, Pedestrian, PencilFat, PencilIn, PencilOut, PensleCaligraf-Bold, PensleCaligraf-Regular, PensleCaligraf, PensleCaligrafBold, PensleCaligrafPlain, PeterPierreBold, PeterPierreCondensed, PeterPierrePlain, PeterPierreXBold, Pheder Frack (blackletter), PhederFrackBold, PhederFrackDtsh, PhederFrackDtshBold, PhederFrackDtshThin, PhederFrackPlain, PhederFrackShadowed, PhederFrackThin, PhrackCack, PhrackSle, PhrackSleBold, PhrackSlePlain, Phraxtured (blackletter), PhraxturedDeutsch, PhraxturedPlain, PhraxturedShadowed, Phyngern, Pigknot, PigknotBold, PlainPensle, PlainPensleBold, PlainPensleBoldItalic, PlainPensleItalic, PlainPenslePlain, PlainPensleXBold, PlainPensleXBoldItalic, Porker, PorkerGrey, PutMyFootDown, Pzytupid.
- Q: Qualettee, QualetteeBold, QualetteeMedium, Quatsity, Quidic, QuidicHatched, QuidicHoley, QuidicItalic, QuidicRoman, QuidicShotUp, Quirtly, Qwatick (1992), QwatickBold, QwatickPlacard.
- R: Ranger (1996, octagonal), RangerWider, Rankensteen, Rataczak-Regular, RataczakBold, RataczakBoldItalic, RataczakCandied, RataczakCondItalic, RataczakCondPlain, RataczakExtraBold, RataczakItalic, RataczakRoman, RataczakSwash, Rauchens, Razephu, Red-Regular, RedLetter, Renslaer, RoomingHouse, Rosary, RosaryBold, RoundUp, RoundUpBold, RoundUpShadow, RoundWhy, RoundWhyBold, RummageSaleOne, Rumpled, RundigPencilBold, RundigPencilMedium, RundigPencilNormal, Rundigsburg (1994), RundigsburgBold, RundigsburgMedium, RundigsburgPlain, RundigsburgShadowLeft, RundigsburgShadowRight.
- S: SafetyPinned, Salloon, SalloonAStripe, SalloonCracked, SalloonHStripe, SalloonStripeBottom, SalloonStripeEnds, SalloonStripeMiddle, SalloonStriped, Saloon-Regular, SaloonExt, SaloonFrilled, Sansville, SansvilleBold, SarahfSlob, SarahfSlobItalic, SchneeFlaken, SchneeFlakenTwo, Screwged, Sdrawkcab-Regular, Sdrawkcab, Seasick, SeasickBold, SeasickMirror, SeasickMirrorBold, SeasonsGreetings, SeederChess, SeederChessSmall, Sergury, Serpent-Regular, ShadyCharacters, ShirlyUJest, SimpleChessFont, Sirpent, Skagwae, SkagwaeMono, Skigway, SkwareDots, SlimpiSquares, SmokeHausShadow, SmokeHaus (1998), SmokeHouseRough, SmokeHouseShatter, SmokeHouseWave, Spicandspan, SquiggleRES, SquiggleRESBold, Stamper, Substance, SusiScript, SusiScriptBold, SusiScriptPlain, Swanville-Regular, Swanville, Swirlity, SwirlityBold, SwirlityScript, SwirlityText.
- T: Tescellations (2012), Tessie Dingies (2012), TOCinRings, TRGrunge, Tacky (2005), Talloween, TapedUp, Teapot (1999), Teethee, TexturesOne, TiedUp, Tieroh, TierohBold, TierohSans, TierohSansBold, Tinkerer, TiredOfCourier (1992, + Bold, +BoldItalic, +Italic, +Plain, +Thin, +ThinItalic), ToothBrush, TootsieBold, TuskcandyBold, TuskcandyInline, TuskcandyPlain, Twigglee-Regular, Twigglee (1990, inspired by the hand lettering on the plates in a 19th century book on ornaments by Owen Jones), TwiggleeBold, TwiggleePlain, TwiggleeWarped, TwoTonedStoned.
- U: UUeirdieBold, UUeirdieRoman, UUeirdieWarp, Unikled, UnikledBold, UnikledPlain, UnikledSpotted, UnivoxAtomLight, UpsideDown, UrbanScrawl.
- V: ValManGal, Valenteena, ValenteenaBroken, ValentinaContour, Valentine-Regular, Valgal, ValgalBold, Vglee, VunderScriptBold, VunderScriptPlain.
- W: WalcomeOne, WalcomeOneBold, Watchmaker, WatchmakerBold, WaterCloset, WaterWorksCaps (1992), WaterWorksCaps-Bold, WaterWorksCaps-Regular, WaterWorksCapsBold, WaterWorksCapsPlain, WeirdChessFont, Wetetque (1991, an all caps multiline family), WetetqueBold, WetetquePlain (1991), Whichit, WhichitBold, WhichitTwo, WhichitTwoBold, WrenchedLetters, WurstCactus, WurstHassen, WurstchenDotted, WurstchenOutlined, WurstchenSplatted, WyomingMacroni, WyomingMacroniPegged, WyomingMacroniShadRight, WyomingMacroniShadowed, Wyoming Pastad (1994, Western slab face), WyomingPastadShadLeft, WyomingPastadShadowed, WyomingSpaghettiBold, WyomingSpaghettiPlain, Wyoming Strudel (Far West type).
- X: XBobsExtraPictures, XBobsStandardChess, XChessNut, XChessNutTwo, XChesstertonTwo, XCompuTerBuggz, XGalaxies, XGalaxyOne, XIngDingLeftover, XIngyArrows, XIngyArrowsBetween, XIngyArrowsTwo, XIngyDingIII, XIngyDingTwo, XIngyDings, XInterntnlMorseCodeIT, XKiddyChessFont, XKnightMares, XLaserTrainBold, XLaserTrainPlain, XLastMinuteChess, XLeef Me Alone (leaf dingbats), XMMCheckered, XMMDrawings, XMMPattern, XMattsAnimalsOne, XMoreTexture, XPatColumRow, XPatCzeckerz, XPawnShop, XPhyngern (fists), XPointedDesert, XRoomingHouse, XSchneeFlaken (1995), XSchneeFlaken, XSchneeFlakenTwo, XSeederChess, XSeederChessSmall, XSimpleHands, XStarPieces, XStarsAndStripesOne, XStarsAndStripesTwo, XStellaStern, XStellaSternBright, XSternStellaNight, XTexturesOne, Xahosch, Xaltid, XaltidBold, XaltidPlain. The X fonts are predominantly dingbats.
- Y: YahoschBold, YahoschMedium, YahoschPlain, YahoschWormy, YngreEBStripe, Yngreena, YngreenaBold, YngreenaBoldItalic, YngreenaExtraBold, YngreenaItalic, YngreenaPlain, Youbee, YoubeeBold, YoubeeBoldItalic, YoubeeItalic, YoubeeShadow.
- Z: Zarrow-Regular, Zarrow, ZcriptBold, ZcriptPlain, Zebraw, ZebrawOS, ZimpleBlack, ZirkStressed, ZirkleOne-Bold, ZirkleOne-Regular, ZirkleOne, ZirkleOneBold, ZirkleOneRoman, ZumbelsburgBold, Zumbelsburg (blackletter, 1996).
Klingspor link. Dafont link. Abstract Fonts link.
View Robert Schenk's typefaces. View Ingrimayne's typeface library. [Google]
Ivan Coellito Riverita
Designer in Fuenlabrada, Madrid, Spain, of the pixel typefaces Fractionss (2014), LCD Machine (2013, LED font), Pixel Unicode (2013), Minlozma (2013), Emoticones Tityly (2013) and Boldp (2013). All his typefaces were made with FontStruct. Facebook link. [Google]
[Black Fox Foundry]
James L. Stirling
Jason's Smiley Collection
Shows smilies. No fonts. [Google]
Prolific type designer in Florida, b. 1952. His fonts were originally free and consisted largely of dingbats. Around 2005 he went commercial, and now sells his work (over 350 fonts as of 2009) via MyFonts. He has branched out into several font styles, with a soft spot for stencil fonts, fonts for signage, and fonts for advertising. Born in New York, his family moved to Florida in 1963, where he has been ever since. An interview. Alternate URL. Yet another URL with his early free fonts.
My pages on him.
Fontsy link. Picture. Dafont link. Abstract Fonts link. MyFonts link. Klingspor link. [Google]
[Jeff Levine: Dingbats and Alphadings]
Jeff Levine: Dingbats and Alphadings
Before 2006, Jeff Levine was mostly known for his free dingbats, having made over one hundred of them. He keeps making them, but now commercially, and less frequently. The list is long though:
- Dingbats: 50s Yesterdings, Action is the Sequel, ActionIsJL, Alpha Test, Another Dingbat Font JL, Antique Decorations JNL (2012), Antique Embellishments JNL (2009, nice 1800 style dings, including a great fist), Antique Ornaments JNL (2009), Antique Stencils JNL (2013), Apartment-Life-JL, Artsy Parts JL, Attention Getters JNL (2009), Auto-Store-JL, Bachelor Pad, Bank-Visit-JL, Bijou, Boat Decals JNL (2008, squarish), BookshelfTitlesJL, BottomsUp!JL, Buttons-and-Switches-JL, Carnival Days, Cartoon Cavalcade (2014), City-Signs-JL, Clown Alley JNL (2009, clown faces), Cobb-Shinn-Stock-Cuts (7 fonts), Collected-Dings-JL, Columbia Shuttle Memorial Font (2003), CroakersJL, DecoPics, Decorative Arrows JNL (2011), Decorative Elements JL, Dekka Dense, Desk Draswer JNL (2010), Ding Dong Dingbats, Dingdangits JNL, Dingfont100JL, Dingits JNL (2009, flags), DiskettesJL, Doctor's-Dings-JL, Dont Bug Me JNL (2009), Double Nines JNL (2011, a domino tile font), Drug-Store-Items-JL, ElectricalItemsJL, Embossing Seals JNL (2014), Error-MessagesJL, Even More Dings JL, FloorTilePatternsJL, FontCollectingJL (2003), Frantic, FunInTheSunJL, Funny-Faces-JL, Fun Signs JNL (2013: comprises twenty-six humorous signs from a 1930s-era sales list of products manufactured by the Koehler Sign Company of St. Louis, Missouri), Geometric Patterns JNL (2013), GoingPostalJL, Got A Ding For You JL, Graphic Arts JL, Grocery-Items-JL, Handbill JNL, Handy Dandies JNL (2014: fists), Hurricane-Preparations-JL, Ink Spots JNL (2013), It's Your Ding JL, JeffreyPrintJL (8 fonts), JewishCultureJL, Kilroy Was Here JL (very funny), Law-and-Order-JL, Leathercrafter JNL, Letter Delivery JNL (2014), Letterpress Embellishments JNL (2014), Letterpress Extras JNL (2014), Letterpress Helpers (2014), Letterpress Ornamentals JNL (2014), Lifeline, LittleBalerina, Loung-Lizards-Lite-JL, Message Helpers JNL (2014), Messages&Memos JL, Militaria JNL (2014), Miscellany JNL (2012), Mixed Bag O' Dings JL, Monthly Calendar JNL, Mordings JNL (2010: this includes weather dings, snow dingbats, and a beautiful quill), More Antique Stencils JNL (2013), More Printing Helpers JNL (2010, has some fists), Mr.MuellerJL, Old Favorites JNL (2009, fists), One Ding After Another JL, Outer Space JL, OuterSpace, Picnics-&-Parties-JL, Pictora JNL (2009, dings), Point Made JNL (2011, fists and arrows), Point of Sale JNL (2013), Point Taken JNL (2009, fists), Price Tag JNL (2011), Print Art JNL (2013: contains nice fists), Print Assistants JNL (2013), Print Damosel (2013), Print Embellishments JNL (2013), Print Enhancers JNL (2013), Printers Choice (2014), Printers Helpmates JNL (2014, with many fists), Printers Impressions (2014), Print Helpers JNL (2013), Printers Leftovers JNL (2013), Printers Lot JNL (2014), Printers Parts JNL (2013), Printers Pictures JNL (2014), Printers Playthings JNL (2014), Printers Playtoys JNL (2014), Printers Stuff JNL, Print Illustrations JNL (2013), Printing Extras JNL (2009), Printing Press Cuts JNL (2013), Printing Press Designs JLN (2013), Printing Press Elements JNL (2013), Print Marks JNL (2013), Print Oddities JNL (2014), Print Partners JNL (2014), Print Shop Classics JNL (2013), Print Shop Parts JNL (2012), Print Shop Relics JNL (2014), Print Spots (2013), Printy Things JNL (2013), Prismatiq JNL, Rail Line JNL (2014), Ranger Ray's Rocketeers JL, Remnants-JL, Remnant Sorts JNL (2011: contains many nice fists and plumes), Screen Scrawls JL, Sendit Safely JNL (2010), Shinn Kickers (2014: after Cobb Shinn's cartoon characters), Shopping Center JL, Sign Helpers JNL (2009, a collection of silhouette images carefully redrawn from two distinct sources, the Webway sogn kits of the Holes-Webway Company of St. Cloud, MN, and the cling vinyl sign kits made in the 1950s and 1960s by the Joseph Struhl Company (now known as Magic Master Industries)), Silhouettes&StuffJL, Silly-Symbology-II, Silly-Symbology-JL, SimplerTimesJL, Sixties Symbols JNL (2009), SmallTalkJL, Son of the Bride of Foo JL, Star Time, Star Time 3 and 4, Star Time Too, Storm-Track-JL, Sunbursts JNL (2013), SunDings, Sundings2JL, SymbologicaJL (2003, has smilies), TaxingMomentsJL, TeeVeeSet, These Foolish Dings JL, Things-Collected-JL, TimePiecesJL, Toddler JNL, Top 40 JL, Trinkets JL, Typesetter Helpers JNL (2014), Typesetter Trinkets JNL (2014), Typesetter Treasures JNL (2014), Typesetter Ornaments JNL (2012), Vintage Stencil Motifs (2014), VitaminShopJL, Whatzis JNL (2009, question marks), Winner-Take-All-JL.
- Alphadings: Looky Here JNL (2009, alphadings), Love Notes JNL (2011), Sensual Initials JNL (2009, alphadings after his own French Art Initials JNL), Suninitials JNL (2008: alphadings), Eurasian Stenciinitials JNL (2010).
[Prototype-NY (was: Handcraftedfonts)]
Simone Giorgio (K-Projects, Varese, Italy; b.1985) is a Fontstructor who created the Western typefaces W Bill (2010) and K Bill (2009), which were inspired by an old Italian comic called Cocco Bill.
Simone wiorks as graphic and type designer
He also designed the octagonal Antique Angles (2009), the counterless Simple Pop (2010), Xetra (2009), Alfabeto (2010) and the 3d shadow typeface Shadow45 (2010).
In 2012, he created the Italian wood style typeface East Wood, and a beautiful rounded suarish mionospaced typeface called Monocolo. This typeface family comes with an icon and emoticon set. In 2014, Kprojects published the monospaced monoline programming font Monocolo and the Italian / Western typeface Rockwood.
Behance link. [Google]
Kaiser Zhar Khan
[True Type Fonts]
Kao-moji: Japanese emoticons (smilies), very different from their Western counterparts. No fonts here, but could someone please make one? [Google]
Born in Missouri in 1979, Kimberly moved first to Texas and later (in 2007) to China, and most recently, to Orlando, FL. She made some free fonts (often handwriting styles), and also ran a personal handwriting font service [those fonts have names that start with KGD]. MyFonts link. FontSquirrel link. Home page. Fontspace link. Dafont link. Fontsy link. Abstract Fonts link. Fontspring link. Klingspor link. Google Web Font Directory link. Creative Market link. Family home page. Her fonts, by year:
The font Kip_ReMT (or Kip_Resp) by Kip Panesar (from Calgary, Alberta) was made in 1998. It has some symbols for mathematics, but looks like a strange smorgasbord of glyphs taken from Times, Symbol, and a few other fonts. It has smilies, but no delta and no epsilon, strange. [Google]
Kuzu@Fonts (or: Dusthome, or: Dust Fonts)
Hiroshi Kuzumi's site with original fonts made between 2000 and 2004. It includes interesting families (DustDemonBold, DustDot, DustDotmanBold, DustHomeManMedium, DustHomeMedium, DustMonstersMedium, Electrofied, KuzuGoLight, KuzuMeltLight, KuzuMeltMedium, KuzuBlock, KuzuDot) consisting of letter-shaped smilies. Commercial font at FRONTLINE 01: Dust Ghost (2002). Dafont link. Fontspace link. [Google]
Le Thi Thu Huong
Hanoi, Vietnam-based designer (b. 1990) of the clean connected handwriting font Haiku's Script (2011), and of the chalk typeface Quinquennial (2012).
In 2012, he made the connected script typeface Simplesnails, the grungy faces Humble Wall and HKH Old Glyphs, the facial expression dingbat typeface Simplesymbol, Yore Script, and HKH Spring Buds.
Typefaces from 2013: Long Time No See Sam, Jump Burn IP, Old Bookshop HK (grungy script), Can't Write Quickly in Winter (a 504-glyph Latin / Vietnamese connected script).
Typefaces from 2014: Stretch Out Your Fingers (crayon font), Seeds of Yesterday, Into The Wild, Erase Old Year, Can't Judge a Book by its Cover, Words are but wind, Quick Pick your Hat, Looking Forward to the week-end, Go Around The Books (+Arrows, +Symbols), HKH Cold Cactus, Mini Smile (smilies), Nunanunong, Long Clam, Trips of Darkness, 24Boughs Different Regular, 24 Bough Regular, Bikinny Demo, When You're Gone (brush face).
Fontspace link. Behance link. Devian Tart link.
Aka Poemhaiku. [Google]
Creator of the clean hand-printed typeface Lecture (2011, iFontMaker) and of Casual (2011), Blockie (hand-printed outline face), Smiles (smilies and hearts on top of letters), and Luli. [Google]
German designer of the display typeface Linotype Typentypo (2002, part of TakeType 4), Linotype Creatures (2002), Linotype Improfil Outline and Black (2002, profiles of funny faces), Linotype Smileface, Linotype Maenneken (2002), and Linotype Astrolo (2002, hand-drawn astrological symbols).
FontShop link. Klingspor link. [Google]
Nathalie de Guzman
Creator of SQcon (2010, a pixel typeface with smilies), Yunapixel (2009), Nayupixel (2009, pixel face). Home page. Aka Nathalie Nadja. [Google]
Michal Nowak (b. 1994, aka Neoqueto) is the Koszalin, Poland-based designer who used FontStruct in 2009 to make the horizontal stripe typeface Mastercore (+Laddered), Cut The Paper (arched face), Vision Division (techno), Axis (condensed pixel face), PixelIconix (emoticons), Mionta (2010, futuristic; FontStruct), Stencil 4000 (2010, FontStruct), Auricom (futuristic), Vision Of Division, the broken marble typeface Sector 017 (grunge---followed in 2011 by Sector 034), Tetraminos, Sinclair Logo, the beveled Mekotek, Pictograms Audio, and the extended square typeface Mechion.
In 2010, he created the computer game fonts ET Pixel Mark 1, 2 and 3, as well as the techno fonts Sinclair Logo, 4KSTNCL (techno stencil), LDR Dream (futuristic), LDR HAET (counterless), LDR#2, LDR#3, LDR#6, LDR Manufacture (circle-based geometric face), DOT/LED Scope and DOT/LED Illumination. Monolithic is modular to the extreme. Safe Plastelina (2010) is a soft experimental face.
In 2011, he added LDR Hexatron, LDR #8, Sector 034, Microfuture (octagonal sci-fi face) and Hexample LDR (hexagonal).
Typefaces from 2013: Walker Bot LDR, Synthek LDR, Kleen Blades LDR, Scary Glyphs & Nice Characters, LDR#1, nakki LDR, Tegma, Segment Rush LDR, LDR Hextaron, LDR Kaet, Spray Me (stencil), Terminal LDR, Proto LDR, Sampa LDR, Kasual Bloks LDR, Drum and Bass LDR, Pink Has Gone Extinct, Darktech LDR (stencil face), Affection LDR, Hextremum LDR, Hexotic LDR.
Typefaces from 2014: Mapper Kit, Charmest (horizontally striped), Corruptor Clean LDR, Corruptor LDR, Critical Mass LDR, 2589 LDR, LDR2, Eurosteal (+big Caps: modeled after Eurostile), Mapper Kit (dingbats), She Stole The Night (multilined art deco font), Track Mania (based on an online racing game by Nadeo).
Most of his typefaces are modular and can be categorized as techno or sci-fi.
Dafont link. Abstract Fonts link. [Google]
Yoshi Sodeoka and Nicole Spickler made the free Smilly "smilies" font in 1995.
Alternate URL. Toyware (dingbats). [Google]
BA (Hons) Graphic Design student in his final year at Leeds College of Art in 2011. He lives in London. Creator, also in 2011, of a typeface for use as the identity for singer songwriter Emily White. Poster of type faces (2011).
Behance link. [Google]
At Omegatype in Champaign, IL, Ryan Neaveill designed BTP-Baby-Bl, Baby-Blocks, Bamboo (oriental simulation), Funny-Face (smilies), I-Ching, Musicfun, Ryan's-Rotten-Writing. His fonts are not on these pages though, but they are on various archives. His Playing Cards font can be found at Fontastic, Uncle Bear's, or Fontazm.
Dafont link. Aka Creative. Fontspace link. [Google]
After45, BerlinSansFB-Bold, BerlinSansFB-Reg, ComicSansMS, Eclipse, FreestyleScriptThin, GlowwormMN, PoorRichard-Regular, WillHarris, SmileyfaceFont3. [Google]
[Tracer Tong (was: WhoAmI Type&Design)]
Prototype-NY (was: Handcraftedfonts)
Original fonts, clip art, signature fonts by New Yorker (and ex-Philadelphian) Jonathan Macagba, and Gregory La Vardera. Macagba used to run Handcraftedfonts, then Adcrobatics, and finally Prototype-NY. Most fonts are shareware. Look for Weather (great weather icons), Dotleaders, Talkballoons, Starburst, Rulesfont, Smileyface, MostlyWaves, MorseCodeFont, MetrolinerCaps (1994, Handcraftedfonts Co: an inline caps typeface), Instantlogo, Hobofont, Handyfont, Logofont, Freudfont, and Buncholines. Original, and high-quality creations!
Jonathan also made commercial fonts available via Phil's Fonts, such as the interesting Murder Mystery Font, EdoFont (great Japanese decoratives), Frankenfont, Frankenfont Careers, FunToUseFonts, HF American Diner (a 3d shadow typeface), Broadstreet, Exposition, Antique Row, Doodle, Libris (great!!!), Edofont (Japanese crests), Newgarden (more!!), and Poster.
At Umbrella Type, he published Exposition and Exposition Rounded (2004, a type revival influenced by an Italian poster designed by Leopoldo Metlicovitz in 1906 for the opening of the Simplon Tunnel), Libris (2004, a great and very clean revival of a 12th century Spanish script), and Poster (2004, partially influenced by Egon Schiele's hand-lettered poster for the 1918 Vienna Secession. He also makes custom fonts, logos and signatures.
Dafont link. Klingspor link. FontShop link. [Google]
Xpresshuns is a group project in a Corel Draw class. The group, which is headed by Ressearcher, includes Esther, Georgia, Gerry, Isis, Jason, Laren, Matthew, Mark, Perry, Robert, Vassilios and Yi-Wen. Fonts made in 2003: CaveArt (animal dingbats), Xpresshuns (smilies). Another URL. [Google]
Robert E. Leuschke
[Ingrimayne Type (was: The Bovine Rebellion)]
Japanese pixel typeface designer, who created KS-FaceMark24 (smilie dingbats), KS-Nanorin06, KS-NanorinOutline08, KS-PetitDot08, KS-PetitDotOutline10_1, KS-PetitHeart08, KS-PetitHeart10, KS-PetitHeartOutline10_1, KS-PetitHeartOutline10_2, KS-PetitHeartOutline10_3, KS-PetitHeartOutline10_4, KS-PetitHeartOutline10_5. Dated 2005. Alternate URL. Fontspace link. [Google]
Free truetype font called SmileyWorldFont (2002). [Google]
Links about smilies. [Google]
Chilean designer of the Easter dingbat fonts Easter Eggs ST (2014) and UnTaRot ST (2014). Other free typefaces from 2014 include Shapes St, Stupenda ST, Grafeno (connect-the-dots), Puente Estrecho (hairline), Tipo Capital, Cuadrada (dot matrix style), Apurado Royitto (arched typeface), Brillante, Novation Box, Rudasteria, Presidiario (horizontally striped typeface), Puente Nuevo, Rockmia ST (a glaz krak face), Boceto ST (outlined typeface), Puente Bueno ST, Open 24 Display ST (LED font), Iniciales ST, Floreada ST, Concadenado ST, Phantom ST, Santiago Sans ST, Es La Dura WN ST, Ledsitex ST, Imnova ST, Cinema ST, Cathedral ST, And Run ST (textured caps typeface), Older ST (textured face), Asrelurio ST, Hearts ST, Other Display ST (LED font), Salpicado ST, Adornada ST, Extragna Rara ST, Fichas ST, LED Simple ST (dot matrix font), Dominos ST, News Papers, Our Display ST (LED emulation), Lineal Simples ST, Cuadradex Simple ST (hexagonal face), Edournida ST (a textured typeface), Tripleled ST (dot matrix), Bicolors ST, Absolutamente Rou ST, Flowers ST, Leders (dot matrix), Old Computer ST, Rounded Display ST, Lediz (dot matrix face), Alien Faces ST, Westranga (textured), Rostros y Emociones (smilies), Filligrees and Ornaments ST, Demionatibu and Cube Face ST. Dafont link. [Google]
Designer of the smilie-style dingbat typeface Aaron (2006). [Google]
The Computer Graphics Site
[George Edward Purdy]
Two futuristic fonts by George Edward Purdy, Cyberspace (based on the font used in the 1998 MTV awards) and Robotech (from the TV series by that name), Cartoonist Kookie, as well as Emoticons (2000).
Fontspace link. Dafont link. Abstract Fonts link. [Google]
The Dingbat Depot
Dingbat archive. Subcategories include animals, business, creative, floral, funky, machines, outer space, people, and sports. The people subpage has the smilie font Expressionism (Jeff Levine). I do not like the fact that they are making money from commercial links off free dingbat fonts---for example, they carry mine without ever having asked me. I would have agreed to it if they had stayed non-commercial, but now I feel violated. [Google]
Based in Montpellier, France, Thomas Boucherie designed the dingbat faces Ghost Smileys (2009), Punk Smileys (2009), thomasboucherie (2007), thomasboucherie3 (2008), Pictoserie 5 (2009, Pingbats), pictoserie 6 (2011, dingbats), Poulpi (2011, octopi), Piou (2011, ducklings), Pucca (2004, Japanese dolls), Thomas1 (2007) and Thomas (2007).
In 2012, he created Toy Cloud, Pictoserie 7, Kawai Medical (medical dingbats), Square Face, the rhombic typeface Iddi Head, and the dingbat faces Animal Kai, Kawaii Eyes, Kokeshi Kawaii, Mustache, Polynesian Etua (dingbats), Kawaii Food II, Pirats (sic) (pirate dingbats), LaLinea Sea (sea dingbats), Toy Kars, Galaxia, and Bow.
Typefaces from 2013: Toy Stum, Dead Head, Nox One, Mix One.
He also has icon sets.
In 2013, Thomas set up a second identity, that of the Swiss woman Maelle Keita.
Dafont link. Another Dafont link. And another link. Abstract Fonts link. Old URL. [Google]
Thomas Davis (Manchester, UK) is a web designer. Behance link. He created Apostrophaces (2011), which is a set of smilies with eyes taken from the quotes of various typefaces. [Google]
Budapest-based creator (aka Frodo 7) in 2009 at FontStruct of FontMoot 01 (pixel face), Brego, Magor (minimalist, De Stijl typeface), Andromeda Strain, Elrond (Tengwar font), Oil Stencil, Optill 2A and 2B and 3A and 3B (optical illusion fonts), Rivendell (Celtic weaving), Cubeology (patterned cubes), The Two Towers, Mike Wazowski (emoticon face), Edoras Stencil, Elessar, Earendil, LE Meta (dot matrix), Coccinella (dot matrix), +Two, +TwoB, Picosec, Picosec Rounded (ultra fat retro), Palindrome, Valimar, Fundin Eco, Fundin Regular, Lost Entropy (series of rectangular fonts), Bombs and Men (2009, modular and blocky), Eärendil, Chromosomes, Denethor-Sans (octagonal), Edoras-, Elspeth-, Elspeth-Grey, FontMoot-01 (pixel face), French-Defence-v2 (chess font), French-Defence (chess font), Gilgalad-v2, Gilgalad (octagonal), Hommage-a-Escher-LC1, Hommage-a-Escher-LC2, Legolas-Codex-Stencil, Legolas-Codex (blackletter family), Legolas-Stencil (+v2; art nouveau style), Mirkwood-Regular and Mirkwood Outline (pixel faces), Nimrodel-FS, Faramir (gridded), Faramir Black (octagonal, mechanical), Elessar, Vertebrae, Etudes Pour Noir et Blanc (01, 02, 02 Vertebrae), Eomer FS, Karyotype (horizontal stripes), Snooker Ball, Aragorn, Mirkwood Nano (pixel face), Mirkwood Second Iteration, Mirkwood First Iteration, Haldir (pixel face).
Creations in 2010: Hasta Siempre (military stencil), Hasta Siempre Supplement (Fontstruct rendering of the iconic photograph of Che Guevara by Alberto Korda), Belfalas, Fractal Font, Sierpinski White, Sierpinski Black, Sierpinski Dalmatian, Remolino Stencil, Boikot Stencil, Legolas Pixel, Brego, Vortices (dings), Gamling, Coccinella Two (+B), Cyrillic 02, Waves, Hommage à Escher v2 extLat.
Creations in 2011: Midori Dot (2011, a dotted kana face), Sierpinski Black Initials (a stunning decorative caps typeface based on Sierpinski triangles), Fontstructivism (constructivist Latin/Cyrillic face), Sierpinski White Initials, Vasarely Squares (experimental---letters based on Victor Vasarely's work), Hurin (counterless, created after Nagasaki by Tom Muller), Strider (an optical illusion 3d multilined face), Dot Dot White (texture face), Dot Dot Black (texture face), Garamond Italic SP (a pixelized version of Garamond Italic), Rohan (+NE01, +NE03: a textured lined 3d logotype family, +NE04, +NE10), Gray Scale (a very interesting texture experiment in which gray scales are "simulated" by simple font mechanisms).
Fonts made in 2012: Font Neuf, Khazad (stencil font), Oktogon Stencil, Oktogon Outline, Thorin Stencil (army stencil), Deagol Stencil.
Typefaces from 2013: the Voxelstorm family (3d, Escher-style), Elendil (3d face), Denethor Sans (strong mechanical sans), Mirkwood Nano (pixel face), Waves (op art).
Typefaces from 2014: Wrath of Mordor (video game font), Gray Scale, Luthien Pixel (blackletter pixel), Gimli (Bevel Black, Inline Shadow, Inline, Bevel Shadow, Shadow), Zebroid, Hunor, Denethor Sans v2, Vasarely Squares (op-art), Waves (op-art), Ecthelion, Hast Siempre (octagonal stencil). [Google]
[Divide by Zero (or: DBZ Fonts)]
Tracer Tong (was: WhoAmI Type&Design)
Beautiful original fonts (freeware, shareware) by Glasgow-based Paul Reid, aka Tracer Tong. A partial list: Vannoidyk (2012, techno), Xiaxide (2012, circuit simulation typeface), Cursed Law (2012, grunge), Pixcel (2012), Ablattive (2012), Scratch To Reveal (2011), Techno Hideo (2011), High Score Hero (2011, horizontally striped glyphs), Hunter Squared (2011, a sci-fi typeface based on the movie The Predators), Nioc tresni (2011, dot matrix face), Lightman (2011, texture/[ixel family), Coalition (2010, a charcoal face), OhMyGod, Stars&Moons, Arrgh, Blokk, BulletHolz, DriftTypeSolid, DriftType, Emoticons, Encounter, FilmStrip, LiandriBETA, MatrixSchedule, OhMyGodStarsMoons, PixelBlock, Serifsy, TroubledGenius, WhereCracksAppear, ZX Font Pack (pixel faces), Dyers Eve, DecayedOptical, DirtyHead, DumbAss, Fade2Back, GameLogos (2003), HobbesFriend, InvisibleKiller, Obliquo, OhMyGodStars, Stryx, VenetiaMonitor, Gothikka, MedicationNeeded, Recognition, RecognitionNekkid, SeeTheBeast, Shredded, SirClive, Sucaba, WhatPossUse, ZX81, ZXSpectrum, Rekkoy (font with embedded Morse code), Staley (Alice in Chains), Abstrakt (nice!), Pliskin Snake Eyes (2006, a John Carpenter movie credit font), Top Billing (2006), Unrealised (2008), Steel Tongs (2006, an adaptation of Larabie's Steelfish), Playstation Buttons, Dirtyhead, Dumbass, Fenix Blackleter Caps (2011), Fade2Back, Gothikka, HobbesFriend, Invisible Killer (1997), Luggerbug, (the Gallahad inspired font) Mordred, Recognition (a barcode type font), See the Beast (crosshaired letters), ZX-Spectrum Keyboard, Steeltongs, Stigmata (this will be a classic display font!), DropCaps, Springfield Mugshots (dingbats), Intergalactic Megastar (2007, based on Digital Strip by Blambot), Jacinto Sans (2009, grungy typeface based on the titles for Gears of War), Universal-Accreditation (2006, condensed sans).
At Dafont, we find these fonts: BulletHolz, Coalition, DriftType-Solid, DriftType, DropCapsSans, DropCapsSerif, DumbAss, Dymeda, Gothikka, InvisibleKiller, JacintoSans, LiandriBETA, LuggerBug, MedicationNeeded, Obliquo, OhMyGodStars, PhatBoySlim-Bold, PhatBoySlim-BoldItalic, PhatBoySlim-Italic, PhatBoySlim, PhatboySlim Rough, Phatboy Slim College, PlaystationButtons, SeeTheBeast, Serifsy, Shredded, SpringfieldMugShots, Spyh, Sucaba, TroubledGenius, UniversalAccreditation-Italic, UniversalAccreditation, Unrealised, VenetiaMonitor, ZX81, ZXSpectrum.
Links: Typoasis site. Mirror site. Alternate page. Dafont link. Dafont link #2. Fontspace link. Klingspor link. Abstract Fonts link. [Google]
True Type Fonts
[Kaiser Zhar Khan]
Font archive run by Kaiser Zhar Khan (b. 1980) out of Chile. Aka Zanatilja. Kaiser also made a free African look face, downloadable from Dafont: sOuTh Afirkas 2100 (2009).
In 2012, he made Stickerman Bad Times, Rock X Start TFB, Aespiro TFB, Perspectivo TFB (3d face), Desgarvuda (textured face), Estancofida TFB (textured face), LEDisplay TFB, Restroom Signs TFB, Chinese Cally TFB, Discontinuo, Suast Ornad TFB (a textured face), Scoolar TFB (3d face), Katakana TFB, Hiragana TFB, Dragons TFB, Arrows TFB, Old Retro Keys TFB, Pycuaf, Pycuafodi, Dragon Ball TFB, Escaned (texture face), Chess TFB, Seagram TFB, Army Weapons TFB, Stamp Seal TFB, Logos TFB, Scripto TFB, Another Ornaments TFB, Vintage Auto Cars TFB, Simple (a monoline sans), Travesia TFB (information design dings), Music TFB (dingbats), Xmas Cartoon, Wings of Wind TFB, Mickey M TFB, Pincel Handwrite, Jigsaw Pieces TFB, Valentines Day TFB (heart dingbats), Proportional TFB (squarish sans), Stars TFB, Working Signs TFB, Signs Language TFB, Ornaments Labels and Frames, Snowflakes TFB, Christmas Nativity TFB, Chinese Zodiac TFB, Zodiac TFB, Only Skulls, Calendar Note TFB, Sports TFB (sports silhouettes), Old Retro Labels TFB, 11 Vator TFB, Xmas TFB (Christmas dings), Trees TFB, Clothing Logos TFB, Dirty Sweb, Can Dog TFB, Ornaments, Finger Print, Kitty Kats TFB, Batman Logo Evolution TFB, Light TFB (avant garde sans), Digital Display TFB (LED face), Skullx (dingbats), Tribal Tattoo (dingbats), Klingon, The Meme Font (dingbats), Rongorongo (a system of glyphs discovered in the 19th century on Easter Island), Strangferfixcs, Hotel Transilvania and Frankenwine.
Typefaces made in 2013: Pudahuel Sans, Variada TFB (simple circle-and-arc-based sans), Estorea TFB, New LED Board TFB, Rayada TFB (textured face), New Barcode Font TFB, Estrellas TFB (stars), Estrellass (sic) TFB, Spirits Dots Drinks, Mero Ornad TFB (fishnet textured), Toolz TFB, New Stencil TFB, Logocarsbats TFB, Caritons TFB (smilies), Illustrations TFB (scanbats), Edgebat TFB (knives), Crossbats TFB (crosses), Abstrec TFB (organic sans), Frames TFB, BitxMap Font TFB, Austera Simple TFB, Traffic Signs TFB, Extranger Sol TFB, Rifle Bats TFB, New X Digital TFB (LED typeface family), Dasgastada TFB, El Alambre TFB, Punk Not Dead TFB, Triangled TFB, Noxtrey Auf TFB, Cross LED TFB (+Bold), Cursi Extra TFB, Hearts Shapes TFB, Ornamentsss TFB, Eggfaces TFB, Orniste TFB, Shadded TFB (sic) (shadow face), Spoghetti Western (sic) (Italian Far West face), Groovy Font (shaded), Fireguns TFB (dingbats), Only Revolver TFB (dingbats), Aeg Flyon Now (condensed sans), Espinuda TFB, T1 Logoso TFB, Social Logos TFB, Hearts and Flowers for valentines, Astrology Astrological TFB, Ornametss TFB, Astrology TFB, Old Ornaments, Old Foundry Prints TFB, Old seals TFB, English Two Line TFB (pearly alphabet from 1796), Amame TFB (dot matrix face), Fontesda TFB (sketched face), Flowers Dots Bats TFB, Queen Destroy TFB, Bicycle TFB (dingbats), Stone Army, Ancient Weapons TFB, Numismatic Bats TFB, Elizabethan Initials TFB, Anome Ibul, Big Daddy LED, Mavole Sinpo TFB (spurred), Dowted Remix TFB (dot matrix face), QR Font TFB, Another Barcode, Display Free TFB (LED face), Cadabra Debilex, Initials TFB, Music Logos TFB, Toxic Waste TFB, Ornad Dentro TFB, Logos and Logos TFB, Amore Mio, Hearts Shapes TFB, Another X Display TFB (dot matrix), Pro Display TFB (dot matrix), Juino Net, Quiwo Luse TFB, Aliencons Two, Cargante TFB, News Board TFB, Aliencons TFB, Barcode TFB, Birthday Balon TFB, Birds TFB (silhouettes), Le Fish (fish silhouettes), Motos TFB, Love You Too TFB (Valentine's day font), LED LCD 123, Noteame (fat sans), Badopus TFB (monoline script), Estrellado TFB, Love You TFB (Valentine's Day font), Cubs LED TFB (LED / dot matrix typeface), Text Inside TFB (textured face), Kuwa Ronmcie Q (circle-based face), Zebra TFB, Distrogrunge TFB, Carillas TFB (smilies).
Another URL. It has a movie font and famous font sub-archive. [Google]
[Robert E. Leuschke]
Rob Leuschke was born in and lives in St. Charles, MO. A former lettering artist at Hallmark Cards (1983-1987), Rob Leuschke now has his own design businesses, Alphabytes and the new TypeSETit. He earned a BFA in graphic design at the University of Missouri at Columbia. He started freelancing in 1987. Rob has created over 250 custom typefaces. In addition, he made tens of calligraphic and other script faces. Ambiance BT is Rob's first typeface. Also, early on, he created the free emoticon font AairChat (1995). He used to run Alphabytes (dead URL). He founded TYPEsetIT in 2004. MyFonts place. In 2008, he took his fonts and site to P22.
Fontsquirrel link. Fontspace link. FontShop link. Fontspace link. Interview. Pic. Another Fontspace link.
An incomplete list of his creations: AlexBrush, Cherish, Ephesis, Hurricane, Ingrid Darling, Inspiration, Jackie-O, Licorice, Kolker Brush (2004, Western version of Japanese calligraphy), Love, Neanderthaw, Ruge Boogie (2004), Saliere, Send Flowers, Updock, Whisper, TheNautiGal (2006, connected script), Water Brush, Love Light, Passions Conflict, Mea Culpa, Beau Rivage, Good Vibrations, Great Vibes, Lovers Quarrel, GrechenFuemen, Moon Dance, MsMadi, Lavishly Yours, Bonheur Royale (2005), Fuzzy Bubbles, LA Heat (2005), Qwigley ROB (2005), Vujah Day, he added Kings Honor (2006), Kings Quest (2006), Kings Dominion (2006), RUSerius (2007, curly handwriting), QwitcherBychen (2007, calligraphic), Arizonia (2007, calligraphic, based on lettering seen on a truck), Road Rage ROB (2008, grunge), GreyQo (2008, calligraphic), FleurDeLeah (2008, flowery calligraphic), MySoulOne (2008), MooLahLah (2008, cow-spotted letters), SassyFrassROB (2008, calligraphic).
MyFonts sells Alex Brush, Allison, Ambiance BT, ITC Arid, Arizonia, Babylonica (2008, a great connected brushy script), Beau Rivage, Bilbo, Bilbo Swash Caps (2011, Google Web Fonts), Bonheur Royale, Caramel (Crunch, Candy, Nuggets), Carattere, Cherish, ITC Chivalry, Corinthia (calligraphic but with slope errors on some connections such as between "o" and "r"), Ephesis, FleurDeLeah, Fuzzy Bubbles, Good Vibrations (2003), Grapenuts, Great Vibes (2012, Google Web Fonts), GrechenFuemen, GreyQo, Gwendolyn, Holiday Font, Hurricane, Imperial Script, Ingrid Darling, Inspiration, Jackie O, Kings, Kolker Brush, LA Heat, Lavishly Yours, Licorice, Love Light, Lovers Quarrel (since 2012 at Google Web Fonts), Mea Culpa, MooLahLah, Moon Dance, Ms Madi, MySoulOne, Neonderthaw, Oh Ley, Oooh Baby, Passions Conflict, Petemoss, Qwigley, QwitcherBychen, RoadRage, Roelandt BT (2002), RUSerius, Ruthie (2003), Saliere, SassyFrass ROB, Send Flowers, Shalimar, Square Peg, Tapestry, TheNautiGal, Twinkle Star, Updock, VujahDay, Water Brush, and Whisper.
Fonts made in 2009 at P22: Babylonica, RobsPickles, RoadRage, QwitcherBychen, the Caramel family (including Crunch, Candy, Nuggets). In 2009, he also published Italianno ROB.
Typefaces made in 2010: Allura (see Google Web Fonts), Estonia Nouveau (based on calligraphy by Villu Toots), Estonia Regular, Estonia Swash, Island Moments, Neon Derthaw (neon light face).
Typefaces from 2011: Robs Pickles, Waterfall, Monte Carlo (formal script), Genos (anthroposophic; includes Cherokee), Bilbo (free at Google Web Fonts), Playball (free connected signage or baseball script face at Google Web Fonts).
Designs from 2012: Fuggles, Explora (a delicate calligraphic script face).
Typefaces from 2013: Style Script.
Typefaces from 2014: Praise Pro (signage script), Ise Sport (flared font).
Showcase of Rob Leuschke's typefaces at MyFonts. View Rob Leuschke's fonts. [Google]
Unicode Fonts for Ancient Scripts
This is a fantastic source of free high-quality fonts for scripts of the greater Aegean vicinity, Egyptian Hieroglyphs, Meroitic, Sumero-Akkadian Cuneiform, Musical Symbols and all Symbol Blocks in the Unicode Standard. George Douros is their Greek font designer. His free fonts come with this exemplary footnote: In lieu of a licence: Fonts in this site are offered free for any use; they may be opened, edited, modified, regenerated, posted, packaged and redistributed. Many of his fonts contributed to important section in the GNU Freefont project. Here is the list:
- Aegean (2007-2012). Covers Basic Latin, Greek and Coptic, Greek Extended, some Punctuation and other Symbols, Linear B Syllabary, Linear B Ideograms, Aegean Numbers, Ancient Greek Numbers, Ancient Symbols, Phaistos Disc, Lycian, Carian, Old Italic, Ugaritic, Old Persian, Cypriot Syllabary, Phoenician, Lydian, Archaic Greek Musical Notation. Other things in it: Linear A, Cretan Hieroglyphs, Cypro-Minoan, Ancient Greek Alphabets, Phrygian, Old Italic Alphabets (Cumaean, Archaic Etruscan, Neo Etruscan, Ancient Latin, Lugano, Faliscan, Marsiliana, Messapic, Middle Adriatic South Picene, North Picene, Oscan, Umbrian), the Arkalochori Axe and Anatolian Hieroglyphs.
- Aegyptus (2007) and Gardiner. Over 7000 hieroglyphs. In addition, we have Basic Latin, Greek and Coptic, Egyptian Transliteration characters, some Punctuation and other Symbols.
- Akkadian (2007). Basic Latin, Greek and Coptic, some Punctuation and other Symbols, Ugaritic, Cuneiform, Cuneiform Numbers and Punctuation.
- Alexander (2007, text typeface built around the Greek letters originally designed by Alexander Wilson in 1744; compare with Wilson Greek (1996, Matthew Carter) and Junicode (2006, Peter S. Baker)). The Latin and Cyrillic parts are based on Garamond.
- Alfios. Lowercase upright Greek were designed in 1805 by Firmin Didot (1764-1836) and cut by Walfard and Vibert. The typeface, together with a complete printing house, was donated in 1821 to the new Greek state by Didot's son, Ambroise Firmin Didot (1790-1876). Lowercase italic Greek were designed in 1802 by Richard Porson (1757-1808) and cut by Richard Austin. They were first used by Cambridge University Press in 1810. Capitals, Latin and Cyrillic, as well as the complete bold weights, have been designed in an attempt to create a well-balanced font. The font covers the Windows Glyph List, Greek Extended, various typographic extras and some Open Type features (Numerators, Denominators, Fractions, Old Style Figures, Historical Forms, Stylistic Alternates, Ligatures); it is available in regular, italic, bold and bold italic.
- Anaktoria. Douros: Grecs du roi was designed by Claude Garamond (1480-1561) between 1541 and 1544, commissioned by king Francis I of France, for the exclusive use by the Imprimerie Nationale in Paris. Greek in Akaktoria is based on a modern version of Grecs du roi prepared by Mindaugas Strockis in 2001. Lowercase Latin stems from the titles in the 1623 First Folio Edition of Shakespeare. Scott Mann & Peter Guither prepared a modern version for The Illinois Shakespeare Festival in 1995. Cyrillic has been designed to match the above Greek and Latin.
- Analecta (2007, Byzantine style). An ecclesiastic scripts font, in Byzantine uncial style, covering Basic Latin, Greek and Coptic, some Punctuation and other Symbols, Coptic, typographica varia, Specials, Gothic and Deseret.
- Aroania: In 1927, Victor Julius Scholderer (1880-1971), on behalf of the Society for the Promotion of Greek Studies, got involved in choosing and consulting the design and production of a Greek type called New Hellenic cut by the Lanston Monotype Corporation. He chose the revival of a round, and almost monoline type which had first appeared in 1492 in the edition of Macrobius, ascribable to the printing shop of Giovanni Rosso (Joannes Rubeus) in Venice. Aroania is a modern recast of Victor Scholderer's New Hellenic font, on the basis of Verdana.
- Asea (Latin-Greek-Cyrillic).
- Atavyros. Douros writes: Robert Granjon (1513-1589) produced his Parangonne Greque typeface (garmond size) at the instigation of Christophe Plantin as a counterpart to Garamond's Grec du roi, in Antwerp Holland, between 1560--1565. It was used in Plantin's multilingual Bible of 1572. Versions of Granjon's type were used for the 1692 edition of Diogenes Laertius and for the Greek-Dutch edition of the New Testament in 1698, both published by Henric Wetstenium in Amsterdam. A digital revival was prepared by Ralph P. Hancock for his Vusillus font in 1999. Latin and Cyrillic are based on a Goudy typeface.
- Avdira. Douros: Upright is based on the lowercase Greek letters in the typeface used by Demetrios Damilas for the edition of Isocrates, published in Milan in 1493. A digital revival was prepared by Ralph P. Hancock for his Milan (Mediolanum) font in 2000. Italic Greek were designed in 1802 by Richard Porson (1757-1808) and cut by Richard Austin. They were first used by Cambridge University Press in 1810.
- Maya. Maya covers the glyphs in J. Eric S. Thompson's A Catalog of Maya Hieroglyphs (1962, University of Oklahoma Press).
- MusicalSymbols (2007) or Musica (2013). Basic Latin, Greek and Coptic, some Punctuation and other Symbols, Byzantine Musical Symbols, (Western) Musical Symbols, Archaic Greek Musical Notation.
- UnicodeSymbols (2007, in the Computer Modern style) and UniDings (2013). It has every imaginable symbol: Basic Latin, Latin-1 Supplement, Latin Extended-A, IPA Extensions, Greek, Cyrillic, Cyrillic Supplementary, General Punctuation, Superscripts and Subscripts, Combining Diacritical Marks for Symbols, Letterlike Symbols, Number Forms, Arrows, Mathematical Operators, Miscellaneous Technical, Control Pictures, Optical Character Recognition, Box Drawing, Block Elements, Geometric Shapes, Miscellaneous Symbols, Dingbats, Miscellaneous Mathematical Symbols-A, Supplemental Arrows-A, Supplemental Arrows-B, Miscellaneous Mathematical Symbols-B, Supplemental Mathematical Operators, Miscellaneous Symbols and Arrows, CJK Symbols and Punctuation, Yijing Hexagram Symbols, Vertical Forms, Combining Half Marks, CJK Compatibility Forms, Specials, Tai Xuan Jing Symbols, Counting Rod Numerals, Mathematical Alphanumeric Symbols, Mahjong Tile Symbols, Domino Tile Symbols.
- Symbola (2013) is an unbelievably rich font. It contains Basic Latin, IPA Extensions, Spacing Modifier Letters, Combining Diacritical Marks, Greek and Coptic, Cyrillic, Cyrillic Supplement, General Punctuation, Superscripts and Subscripts, Currency Symbols, Combining Diacritical Marks for Symbols, Letterlike Symbols, Number Forms, Arrows, Mathematical Operators, Miscellaneous Technical, Control Pictures, Optical Character Recognition, Box Drawing, Block Elements, Geometric Shapes, Miscellaneous Symbols, Dingbats, Miscellaneous Mathematical Symbols-A, Supplemental Arrows-A, Braille Patterns, Supplemental Arrows-B, Miscellaneous Mathematical Symbols-B, Supplemental Mathematical Operators, Miscellaneous Symbols and Arrows, Supplemental Punctuation, Yijing Hexagram Symbols, Combining Half Marks, Specials, Byzantine Musical Symbols, Musical Symbols, Ancient Greek Musical Notation, Tai Xuan Jing Symbols, Counting Rod Numerals, Mathematical Alphanumeric Symbols, Mahjong Tiles, Domino Tiles, Playing Cards, Miscellaneous Symbols And Pictographs, Emoticons, Ornamental Dingbats, Transport And Map Symbols, Alchemical Symbols, Geometric Shapes Extended, Supplemental Arrows, and Symbols of occasional mathematical interest.
- Unidings. Various glyphs and icons.
Since George permits redistribution, I am offering his work for download here. [Google]
West Wind Fonts
Designers in 2001 of DearestFriendlite, DearestFriend, DearestOpen, DearestOutline, Dearest (the Dearest family is in the blackletter style), Exotica-Medium (ornamental caps used by Vogue Paris), HoppyRibbitday (alphadings), ShadyCharacters-Medium (3d face), WePray (2001, made in commemoration of the September 11 tragedy, alphading and blackletter), Florabet, Alphapix (alphadings), Celtic Eels (Celtic caps), Circus Train (alphadings), Billboard (2003, alphadings), Leafy (2001), Face (2001, great smilies Faceoff and Faceit), Autumn Gifts (2001), Leafyglade, Leafyshade (2001, leafy caps), LittleDaisy, Little Days (2001, connected handwriting, an interpretation of Memimas by Type-o-tones), Little Days Alt (2003), Notethis (2001), Yippy Alt (2003), Yippy Skippy (2001, handwriting), Yippy Skippy Alt (2003), Toy Train (2001), Wild West (2001), KitchenKapers (2001, alphadings), Cast Iron (2001), Santa Time (2001, letters made up of Santas), Applejuiced (2001), Ziggy Zoe (2001, handwriting).
Fontspace link. Dafont link. [Google]
Designer (aka Funk King, b. Fort Knox, KY) who lives in Orlando, FL, and/or Apopka, FL. He used FontStruct in 2008-2009 to make over 550 decorative fonts, and became one of the world's top experts on FontStruct, FontShop's on-line font editor. Most of his fonts were withdrawn in 2012. He did a few commercial typefaces at his commercial foundry, Funk King. His creations include
- A Bit Eccentric.
- Alphadings: Picnic Basket (2014), Rat Race (2014), Pod Invasion (2014), On Hangers (2012, a commercial series that includes Pants on Hangers, etc), Dog Tag, Black Bird, Easter Egg Dots, Ser Egghead T. handlebar, Ovoidotta (now called Sniff), Play Book, BuddhaBuddha, Swizzle Sticks, Computer Backplate, Milky Way, Sprout, Football, Clapboard (for movie makers), Teed Off, Book Stack, Speaker Box, Ant Farm, Sound and Vision, Speaker Grill, Tom Tom, Caged Type, Conga Lounge, Spinal, Add Van, Frostruct, Picket Fence, Regatta, Cranestruct, Impossible Alphabet, Igloo Village, Mortar Board, Jack, Marionette, Golden Gate (+Short, +Solid), Crossed, Eff U ("the finger"!), Tall Big Top, Jackpot, Skulls&Cross Bones Redux, Crosshairs, Drama Club, Good Day Sunshine, Butterfly, Steps and Windows, Heartbroken, O Christmas Tree, Christmas Lights, Candle, Supper Time (alphadings of plates), Sands of Time (alphadings of hour glasses), Fishbones (commercial since 2012), Handy (alphading with hands), Hang Ten (feet alphadings) and High Five (hand alphadings), Armade and Ghost Ship Armada (ship alphadings), Cut Here (stitching alphadings), Schematic (electric circuit alphading), Masquerade, Mortar Board, Gear Bits, Gearswork, Hi-Lo Gears, Gears, Resistor, Gear Shift, Castle, Castle with Flags, Antique Keys, Rounded Keys, Pods, Piano Keys (+Alt, +Correct), Framework, Dixieland Jazz, Spats, and City of New Orleans (the last three are alphdings based on the same Victorian alphabet), Saturn, Piggy Bank, Voodoo Doll, Dice, Fist Bump.
- Antennas, Antennas Outline
- Arcostellati, Arcostellato, Arcangolo, Arcontorno (2011): a blackletter family.
- Architect, Ruled, Gridworks, Blueprint (Solid, Dashed), Quadular (+Serif), Isometric Modified (+Light, +Bold Outline), Isometric (a 3d gridded family: +Basic Latin, +Basic Latin Lite, +More Latin, +Bold, +Black).
- Art deco: Arc Neuvo (rounded letters), Arc Nuevo (2012, commercial), Toneelschuur (based on the letterhead created for the Theatre Toneelschuur Haarlem), Shift (bold), Eye Spy (this says Peter Sellers), Mod Squad.
- Avenue, Avenue Alphabet (white on black).
- Ball and Chain (neat), Ball Bearings
- Balls and Bats
- Banjo (2012).
- Barber Shop
- Beachwear (horizontally striped)
- Blackletter: Abbey
- Blanket Serif Caps, Blanket Sans Serif
- Block Inline Block
- Block Mosaic (great gridded letters)
- Blood Sweat&Tears
- Bolla Fratturato (2011): outlined blackletter face.
- Bolt, Bolted
- Bon Mots.
- Break, Balance Beam, After Party (2010).
- Bubble Zwrap (2010).
- Build A Bridge
- Buzz Kill
- Carp Black, Carp Blanc
- Caterpillar, Tall Caterpillar.
- Chain Gang, Krazy King
- Check Mate (checkered flag font).
- Cherry Bomb.
- Cinder Block (2010): a 3d typeface with texture thrown in.
- Circuit Board Solid, Circuit Board Outline, Circuit Board Outline Numbers, Circuit Board Simple, Micro Clean, Microcircuitz, Circuit Board Simple, Schematode (2013).
- Circus Maximus Outline
- Cirquela (2012). a non-FontStruct font, this is his first hand-printed typeface.
- Code Hijack (2014).
- Compass (+Plain)
- Connected scripts: Cruise, Jet Cruise (2009), Notched Script (upright, connected), Rough Script (italic, connected), square Script (pixelish, connected).
- Computer Backplate, Milky Way.
- Crimped Pincushion (2010).
- Crispy Inline (classy)
- Crooked Marker, Marker
- Crop Circles
- Curls And Twirls
- Cut Here
- Daisies (nice rounded square letters with painted daisies)
- Decoscriptic, Decoish.
- Diamonds Are Forever, Liberty (dot amtrix fonts)
- Didactic fonts: Back to School.
- Digital, Digital Whimsy (gorgeous fonts in which the meat of the glyphs is made up of 0's and 1's), Digital Italics, Digital Non-italics.
- Dingbats: Digital Biz Bitz (2012), Capitalist Pictograms (2012), Kapitalist Kit (2011), Weather System (2011), Twelve Days of Christmas (2010), Learning For Business (2010), Calder Symbols (2010), Mad Aliens (2010), FSEmoticons, Maven Pictograms, Temp (weather dings), Sports Wave, Bullet Arrows
- Dinner at 8
- Ditier Cycles (2010): a grunge version of J. Hughes's Dirt Cycles.
- Disco Ball, Disco Salvation.
- Doggie Tracks (2010).
- Dollars and Cents.
- Domestic Bliss (+Solid), Blissful Hearts (Valentine's Day alphadings).
- Domino, Dominodot
- Dot matrix fonts: Belly Button (2013), Fandangle (2013), Trace Remains (2013), Billiards (2013), Pome (2013), Cow Poke (2013), Rouletto (2014), Crawler (2014), Zephyrelli (2012), Yoyo (2012), Carousel (2011), Corsivo Punti (2011), Wisp (2011), Amusement (2011), Menagerie (2011), Junk (2011), Iphont (white on black dot matrix face), Lyrical (dot matrix script), Petits Pois, Elli, Industrial Magic, Wind Chime, Domestic Bliss (2010, +Serif, +Sans Serif), Ying Yang (2009)
- Double Decker
- Eau de Kerning.
- Efficiency (2010).
- Eiffel family: mechanical.
- Electrifunkified (2013).
- eq Regular, eq Radio Waves, eq Tight.
- Erector Set (2010).
- Extension Cord
- Fairy Tale (curly)
- Fast Cars, Fast Lane, Fast Forward
- Fifty Famous Fairy Tales (bi-lined and bejeweled)
- Flair Ornate, Flaired Script, Flair, Flaired
- Floor Plan
- Flash (gridded face)
- Folk Art (wooden plank simulation)
- Font Troll
- Fractal, Wireframe, Hemisphere, Origami (now Mummification): experiments in glyph partitioning.
- Funk, Funky palms
- Gancio (2014). Hand-drawn.
- Gemstone (letters in a mosaic)
- Glyphs made from broken objects: Broken Combs, Broken Glasses
- GI Joe
- Grid1, Grid2, Pas De Grille Pli Isométrique (+Plombé), Grille Noir Pli Isométrique (+Plombé), Grille Intrépide Pli Isométrique (+Plombé), Grille Facile Pli Isométrique (+Plombé).
- Grunge faces: Feather (2010).
- Gummy (2010).
- Happily Ever After (2010).
- Heath Robinson (gorgeous mechanical font).
- Hexcavated (2010).
- High Anxiety.
- High Wire (dotted).
- Honeycomb Black (hexagonal).
- Horizontally Phased (like IBM logo from afar), Vertically Phased, Field Goal.
- Hot Diggity Dog (2010): a monoline rounded sans.
- Inline: Hi-Fi Deco, Track (+Filled), Crispy Inline
- Imperfect Optical Experiment.
- Ironside, Ironworks.
- Isomixed (+Inline, +Inverted, +Light, +Inline Light), Isomixerd Moire (nine textured styles).
- Jacks (2010): a stitching font.
- Jelly Bean series: I's, Wide, O's, Split
- Jolly Swash 9+Tall, +Tall Wide Tail).
- Kaleidoscope, Kaleidoscope Solid
- Kitchen tile faces: MadisonAveAvenue (2010), Edgar Fernhout (2012).
- Last Days Of Summer, Endless Summer, Beach.
- Lattice, Lattice Black
- Little Miss Muffet.
- Love, Love Letters
- Metroliner and Metroliner Deluxe.
- MICR fonts: Wedge Solid.
- Mitered, Zietgeist: striped 3d faces.
- Modern Ancient (chiseled font imitation)
- Molecular (+Complex, +Complex 1), Dense Molecular Complex (1 through 5), Molecular Architecture, Tessellation 1 (+Continuous), Tessellation 2.
- Monkey Bars.
- Montreal (+Italics)
- Monumental, Less Monumental,
- Mortar Booted (+Thick, Separated, Mission, Booted Mission).
- Music fonts: Fret Full (2010), Fret Station (2010).
- Mystere (2012, grunge).
- Octovision Remix
- Open&Shuttered Day, Open&Shuttered Night
- Oriental simulation/look: Shoji Pixel, Shoji Stage&Screen Soapbox, Chinese Democracy, Asian Influence.
- Origami City (2010): formerly Simply Elevated Black. Simple Elevation (2012) is in the same family.
- Outline Habitat
- Ozmosis (2014), Ozian (2014), Cardinal (2014), Emblem (2014), Oblio (2014), Hollow Branch (2014)
- Pallina (2010, + Stampino, +Diluente).
- Palm, Tall Palm
- Paperclip faces: Neue Werner Paperclip (2012).
- Piccadilly (2010).
- Pixel Dust, Pixels Dusted, Zogg Domination (video game font)
- Pop Arc (2010). In the same style: Conveyor Belt, Milk Bottle, Cookie Cutter, Erector Set (2010).
- Popsicle Sticks (nice vertically striped glyphs).
- Playbook (2010).
- Power Grid, Power Gridlocked
- Process This (2010) and Flowcahrt (2010): based on graphs of computer programs.
- Pump Boys (2010).
- Quagmire (2010)
- Radio Waves
- Razorback Block
- Receipt (2012): a dot matrix face.
- Regular Habitat
- Remixintag (2011, a clone of Wallachia by Intaglio).
- Ribbodini (2010, ribbon font).
- Road Trip
- Sausalito Nautica (2011).
- Say What? (Exaggerated ink trap face)
- Scaffoldini (2010): a 3d gridded face. Followed by Scaffo (2012), Scaffoldini Senza Griglia (2010), Scaffoldini Ascendente Contrario SG, Scaffoldini Ascendente Senza Griglia, Scaffoldini Contrario Senza Griglia, Scaffoldini Ascendente, Scaffoldini Contrario, and Scaffoldini Ascendente Contrario, Scaffoldini Prospettico (+Contrario, +SG).
- Scripts: Diode (+Dioded, Diodoubled, Diodocked, Diodedocked, Diodiced), Scherzando, Fontstitution, Rough Script, Scriptilicious, Whipped Cream, 45 Degrees, Script Town (2013), Aloha (2013), Sinal Strength (2013), Ink Well (2013).
- Skulls, Skully
- Slice N dice
- Small Wonder, Small World
- Snowflake (2010).
- Soma (2009): 3d letters mades from cubes.
- Spooky Eyeballs (2009).
- Stained Glass, Stained with Cross
- Stencil fonts: GI Joe (2012, military), Kid's Stencil (white on black), Black Tie, Matchstick, Stensei, Stencillated, Tri-Fold, Tri-Fold Cut, Tri-Fold Rounded, Stencil, Stencil Plate, Stencil Face, Semi Stencil, Psuedo Stencil, Psychedelic Stencil.
- Stitching fonts: Cross Worded (2013), Cut Here (2014), Sampler
- T-Shirts on a Clothesline
- Swamp Frog and Tadpole: artsy fat letters
- Swamp Funk, Mojo (curly letters)
- Tall Habitat
- Techno look: Technified, Slick, Tangential (2010).
- Tanqueray (2010): octagonal face.
- Teepee (wood look)
- Tennis themed: Racket, Net Ball, World Cup.
- Tetrominoes Black (2010): a 3d typeface cloned from TP2 Marriott's Tetrominoes.
- Texture fonts: Global (2011, globes), SS Half Tone (One, Two, Three), SS Watermark, SS Silk Screen (2010). These brush texture faces were cloned from Swifted Strokes by Mike Lee. Tramarada (2011) has a stunning woven look.
- The Adventure of the Dancing Men (2011, dingbats).
- The Big Top
- The Real McCoy
- Timpani, Timpaniless, Timpaniblok, Alien Crop Circles (outer space face).
- Toothpaste (2011): imitating oozing toothpaste.
- Trapezoidot, Zoidot, Dotz (dotted faces).
- Upright connected scripts: Madie (2009)
- Valentine's fonts: Hearts and Flowers, Hearts and Arrows, Keys to your Heart, Bed of Hearts
- Vapors and Mirage: evaporating glyphs.
- Vibration (2010). This multiline typeface was followed by Echo (2010).
- Victorian fonts: Alouette, Swamp Funk
- WPA Household Arts Stripes, WPA Household Arts Chex, WPA Household Arts (poster stencil face)
- Wee The People, Small World.
- Werner Paperclip (2009), Paperclip (2010): paperclip faces after a 1974 original by Ad Werner.
- Western fonts: Bolo (2010), Bow Tie (2010), Bowl (2010), Western Doodle, Sparky, Buckaroo, Diamond Buckaroo, Saloon and Desert Rose. Western style alphadings: Cart Before The Horse, Wagon Train
- White on black faces: Tabs, Dot Keys, Rounded Keys, Block Keys, Keys.
- Wim Crouwel-related fonts: Unknown Crouwel #1, Edgar Fernhout (a Wim Crouwel tribute font in kitchen tile style taken from a 1963 poster), Kalender 1976 Letters (octagonal based on a Wim Crouwel calendar from 1976), Kalender 1976, Brusselmans (based on a Wim Crouwel poster), Rabobank (based on a Wim Crouwel poster), Brabant (based on a Wim Crouwel poster)
- Woodcut, Woodcut Recut, Woodcut Banjo.
- Yay Team
- Zebeast (Zebra-striped letters)
- Zodiac Block
In 2012, he added these fonts at MyFonts: Architect, Black Tie, Carousel, Check Mate, Cobblestones, Cruise, Dog Tag, Edgar Fernhout (based on the famous poster by Wim Crouwel), Fifty Famous Fairy Tales, Fratturato Digitale (pixelish blackletter face), Ghost Town, Jackpot, Jelly Bean, Keyboard, Kingdom (a castle font), Lagniappe (Victorian), Lyrical, Madie, Matchstick, Menagerie, Q Typ, Scaffo, Sprinkle, Stained Glass, Stencillated, Stensei (stencil), Sweet Valley, Toothpaste, Vibration MF, Yoyo, Zephyrelli.
Typefaces from 2013 (no longer freely downloadable!): Pome (dot matrix), Cow Poke (dot matrix), Sausalito Nautica, Cut Here (stitching typeface), Belly Button (dot matrix face), Rouletto (bejeweled typeface), Picnic Basket (alphadings), Fandangle (dot matrix), Trace Remains (dot matrix), Billiards (dot matrix), Cross Worded, Script Town, Schematode (connect-the-dots), Electrifunkified, Aloha, Signal Strength, Ink Well, Satellite, Supper Time (alphadings), Mike (alphadings), Licorice, Conga Lounge OF, Monkey Bars, Daisies, Fractal OF (textured face), Saloon OF, Ball and Chain, Say What.
Typefaces from 2014: the multilined or inline typefaces Ozmosis, Ozian, Cardinal, Hollow Branch, Emblem, and Oblio. The alphading typefaces Rat Race and Picnic Basket. The pearly dot matrix typeface Rouletto and Crawler. The video game typefaces Pod Invasion and Zogg Domination. The stitching typeface Cut Here. The pixelized typeface Code Hijack.
Klingspor link. Dafont link. Fontspace link. Additional URL. Myfonts link. MyFonts foundry link.
View Wilson Thomas's commercial typefaces. [Google]
Yoshi Sodeoka and Nicole Spickler made the free Smilly "smilies" font in 1995.
Alternate URL. Toyware (dingbats). [Google]