| || |
Shows smilies. No fonts. [Google]
Alan Blackman has a BA in anthropolgy and sociology from Queens Collede, NY (1950) and a BLitt in social anthropology from Oxford University, England (1957). He graduated from the California College of Arts and Crafts in Oakland in the late 1950s. He was a letterform instructor at the Academy of Art College in San Francisco. His first typeface, Galahad (Adobe, 1995), is calligraphic, elegant and rough-edged.
In 2012, he published the smilie alphading typeface Say Cheese at Linotype.
Linotype page. Adobe page. [Google]
Moscow-based graphic artist and illustrator of books and periodicals, who has worked with the Gelios publishing house and the magazines Pioner, Smena, Literaturnaya Gazeta, Bolshoi Gorod and InLiberty. In 2017, he designed the CSTM Emoji character font, which is a set of emoticons that comprises illustrations of emotions, facial expressions, gestures, and assorted objects. [Google]
Boris Mahovac is a great Croatian designer. He founded Alphabet Design in Oakville, Ontario. One of his famous fonts is the kitchen tile typeface Kalendar (1995).
Other creations: Pixelina, Borek, Duckling, Fat Trace, Kloi (now Kloi BT (2004)), Tabita BT (2005, an informal font), and the great patterns of the Symbols font, JechoTecho.
From the web site: He started working with digital fonts back in the days of bitmap fonts, sometime in 1988. At that time the studio operated in Zagreb, (former) Yugoslavia, which later became the capital of independent Croatia, under the name PixelPrint. The name changed to Abeceda Dizajn in 1992 while establishing itself as a successful typographic studio that specialized in font localization and type consulting. Abeceda Dizajn studio was the official distributor and manufacturer for Bitstream Inc. for Croatia and Slovenia from 1995 until 1997, when it relocated to Canada. Today, Alphabet Design is again a Bitstream re-seller.
In 2005, Bitstream published Kloi, Borhand Tabitha, Duckling, as well as JechoTecho1 (the latter typeface was made by Evzen Jecho). Alphabet Design is donating all its proceeds of January 2005 to tsunami aid. In 2005, cartoonist Branimir Zlamalik created Smiles (dingbats) and Ulixa (comic book family). [Google]
St. Louis lettering artist Robert Leuschke (who grew up and lives in St. Charles, MO) has made some 250 calligraphic fonts for greeting cards, including many for Hallmark Cards, of which about 80 are commercially available: ITC Arid (1997), a flowing handwriting [see also here], ITC Chivalry (2003), Saliere (1997), Love (2003), SendFlowers (1988), Whisper (2003), RugeBoogie (2004, supercurly script), Ambiance (2004, an informal calligraphic design for Bitstream), and a handprinting font, Roelandt BT (2002, Bitstream). The IRC Chat Font (smilies) is free.
In 2003, he found an outlet for his work through P22 and published P22Corinthia, P22ImperialScript, P22OhLey [simulating Mexican writing], P22Petemoss and P22Ruthie.
He also made RUSerius (2007, curly handwriting), Alex Brush (2003), Cherish Font (2003), ChildrenPlay ROB (2003), Ephesis (1988), Inspiration (2003), JackieO (2003), Licorice (2003), OoohBabyROB (2004), TheNautiGal (2006), Gideon (2009, roman), Corinthia (2009, calligraphic), Puppies Play (2009), Monte Carlo (2011).
Rob Leuschke's bio. Klingspor PDF.
MyFonts interview. [Google]
German designer at xplicit Berlin. Codesigner of Brush Poster Grotesk (2017, a fun semi grungy typeface designed for the children's exhibition 1,2,3 Kultummel from Labyrinth Kindermuseum Berlin by xplicit, Berlin (Annette Wüsthoff, Alexander Branczyk and Mascha Wansart) and Manuel Viergutz; loaded with glyphs and decorative extras like arrows, dingbats, emojis, symbols, geometric shapes, catchwords and decorative ligatures). [Google]
Apropos Creations (or: CreatiFonts)
This outfit made the following truetype alphadings in 1994: ACBlock, ACOval, AC1Chanukah, AC1Christmas, AC1Easter, AC1EasterBunny, AC1EasterEgg, AC1HoliDings1, AC1HoliDings2, AC1Holly, AC1Menorah, AC2Balloons1, AC2Balloons2, AC2Banner1, AC2Banner2, AC2BannerEnds, AC3Butterfly, AC3DiamondRing, AC3Family, AC3Hearts1, AC3Hearts2, AC3ILoveYou, AC3LoveDings1, AC3MothersLove, AC3Roses, AC3WeddingBands, AC3Wildflower, AC4Arrows1, AC4Arrows2, AC4Congratulations, AC4CourtiDings1, AC2Birthday, AC2Clown, AC2Forks, AC2ItsABoy, AC2ItsAGirl, AC2PartyDings1, AC2TeddyBear, AC2YoureInvited, AC3Anniversay, AC3BeMine, AC4FireWorks, AC4GetWell, AC4GoodBye, AC4GoodLuck, AC4HotAirBalloon, AC4Pencils, AC4ShootingStar, AC4SmileyFace, AC4ThankYou, AC4Welcome. Nowadays, they sell 10USD font paks under the name CreatiFonts in 4 categories: Holiday, Party, Love, Courtesy. [Google]
Ayi Studio (Mexico City) published the constructivist typeface family Alek Rodchenko (by Miguel Angel Padrinan Alba and Victor Manuel Flores Lopez), Ayi Dingbats (arrows, emoji, geometric and symbols dingbat font set by Miguel Angel Padrinan Alba) and Fideo (ornaments, dividers and arrows, by Miguel Angel Padrinan Alba) in 2016.
Typefaces from 2017: Pixa Circle, Pixa Square (pixel typeface family), Ayi Dingbats. Behance link. Home page. [Google]
Designer of the alphading font Smiley Faces. [Google]
Black Fox Foundry
Ivan Kostynyk (Black Fox Foundry) is a graphic designer, aka Ivan K or Ivan Kay, who lives in Toronto, and studied graphic design at Ontario College of Art and Design, or OCAD. His type designs are both free and icommercial, can be found at Practice Foundry and Ten Dollar Fonts. He also created a few commercial typefaces.
Creator of Egypt 22 (2011, a free heavy slab serif, which includes smilies), Lloyd Serif (2010), a refined piano key typeface. It covers Latin, Ukrainian and Russian, and was inspired by Bill Loyd and by the Ogaki typeface.
In 2010, he set up his own foundry. At it, he published the soft monoline sans typeface Soft2911 (2011).
In 2012, he created a geometric sans based on Futura for Chun+Ivan Design, called Anchor2. Pontus is a free geometric sans typeface available from Practice Foundry. In 2014, he published the oriental simulation typeface Takoshi (Ten Dollar Fonts: Takoshi is a finely crafted modern interpretation of 15-17th century Cyrillic writings. Takoshi also features influence from Japanese/Chinese calligraphic writing. Takoshi has a balanced contrast of thick and thin and sharp triangular shapes).
Chun+Ivan Design is located in Toronto and is run by Chun Hu, Ivan Kostynyk and Philip Wu.
Klingspor link. Another Behance link. [Google]
Cartoonist in Canada who created Smiles (2005, smiling typefaces) and Ulixa (2005, a comic book face) at Alphabet Design. Klingspor link. [Google]
Cannot Into Space Fonts
Cannot Into Space Fonts is the free font studio of Robert Jablonski (b. 1991), who is based in Indiana. Before this studio, Robert used to make fonts at FontStruct under the alias Rabbid Bahh. Mew Too (b. 1991, Indiana) is co-lead designer for Cannot Into Space Fonts. Jasper (b. 1996) joined in 2015.
The fonts include first and foremost the large geometric sans typeface family Nordica (2014) and the large grotesque family Hussar (2014). Other typefaces: Warszawa (2016: a wide display sans), Camo3 (2016, camouflage pattern fonts), Armata (2016, sans), Bolshevik (2016, constructivist), Rabbid Highway Sign II (2015, a sans, followed by IV in 2016), Rocketfuel (2015, by Mew Too), Charger (2015, a sans by Jasper; see also the 2016 typeface Charger Pro), Kabina (2015), Just Breathe (2015), Polan Stronk (2015), Apple Storm (2015), Numb Bunny (2015), Hi (2015, with Mew Too), Hussar Motorway (2015, an arrow font), Hussar Szturm (2015), Hussar Print (2015), Happy Time (2015, transitional; done with Mew Too and forked from TeX Gyre Termes), Distraught (2015), Curly Kue (2014), Filament (2014), Thicker Than (2014), BigWriter (2014), SuplexDriver (2014), Loogie Hawk (2014), Squared Hand (2014), Polan Writings (2014), Waterfire (2014), RDJ Hand (2014, a pixel typeface), Bwahh (2014, FontStruct font), DinKursivschriftEng, DinKursivschriftGhostEng, DinKursivschriftLeftEng, PolanCannotInto (2014, +DIN, +Shqip), PolskiDINKursivschrift (2014), Rabbid-Highway-Sign (2014, FontStruct font).
Typefaces from 2015: Warsaw Gothic (a modification of a font by The League of Movable Type, 2009), Sztylet Bold (not a "Cannot Into Space Fonts" font, this heavy geometric sans is a derivative of Hussar by "Crazy Dave" at Plus One Fonts), Trueno (by "Jasper"; an extensive sans family based on Julieta Ulanovsky's Montserrat (2014)), Passageway (based on an Ascender design from 2010), Fog Sans (a derivative of Intel's Clear Sans from 2012), Asimov (a derivative of Roboto), Rocketfuel, Be Happy (a smiley doodle font by Mew Too), CSF Camouflage Kit (dingbats), Stormning Aesir (an outlined version of Stormning, with Mew Too), Blink (a condensed sans in nine styles, by Mew Too), DIN Kursivschrift (an update of the earlier font), Stormning (a Norse runic font co-designed with Mew Too; followed in 2016 by Ny Storming), Analytik, Through The Black, Ruined Serif, Warp Storm, Give A Hoot (2016: sans family).
Special mention: Hussar Techniczy (2015), Hussar Ekologiczny (2015), Hussar Paneuropjskich (2015, a hacker font). In Jablonski's own words, it is an April Fool's day joke font. We were inspired to make it by Erik Spiekermann's April Fool's day joke font "FF Mt", which was a disemvoweled version of Meta, and by "Lato Saves Billions", by Lukasz Dziedzic and Adam Twardoch, a Miniaturized version of Lato. Hussar Paneuropjskich (Polish for Paneuropean) is a "universal European font".
Designs made with FontStruct: Bwahh, Rabbid Highway Sign, Handwriting series, Waterfire, Numbbunny, Squarish, Proton, Jag Elskar Dig (I Love You), Applestorm, BigWriter, Squared Hand, Gib Font Plox, Blanket, Dictator, Krieg Font, Thicker Than..., HoneyBee, Just Breathe, Reckless Catfish, Tape, Polanwritings, Filament Serie, Curlykue, Børk Börk, Loogie Hawk, Take Off, Piccolo, Suplexdriver, Kabina, Polanstronk, Subtitle, CiSf OpenHand, Mewtoo Hand, Distorted series, I Like Turtles, Analytik, Koop, Carwash, Anarchic Type, Messed Up, Drag You Down, Blindside, Through The Black, Warpstorm, Ruined Serif, Distraught, Photofail, Sprayer, PlasticEraser.
Typefaces from 2016: Ember, Retroscape (a pixel typeface made with FontStruct).
Typefaces from 2018: Hussar Motorway (arrows), Anxiety, Mew Too Catdings.
Fontspace link. FontStruct link. Dafont link. Open Font Library link. One Drive link to download all his fonts at once. [Google]
Quebec-based typographer and type designer (aka Diogene) who specializes mainly in revivals of obscure or old typefaces.
Dafont link. Yet another URL. Abfonts carries many of his fonts. Fontspace link.
- Salamandre (2012). A tall 19-th century style slab typeface based on Iguana, a design of Sally-Ann Grover.
- Aerolite C Pone (2013). A calligraphic connected copperplate script.
- Angelica CP (2011). After a Fotostar font, Angelica, ca. 1960.
- Banner Star (2012). An American flag-themed display typeface.
- Barrio CP (2011). An inline face.
- BeansCP (2010, after a font found on page 10 of Art Deco Display Alphabets: 100 Complete Fonts by Dan X. Solo).
- Bienetresocial (2003), BienetresocialBold (2003).
- Bizarre and Bizarrerie (2010; based on Edwards and Inland, both designed in 1895 by Nicholas J. Werner at the Inland Type Foundry; renamed in 1925 by BBS)
- Bloque Demo (2011). Experimental.
- Bold (2008)
- Bolina (2015). A copperplate calligraphic script after Dan X. Solo's alphabet shown on page 12 of Dan X Solo. Script and Cursive Alphabets (1987, Dover).
- Bonte Divine (2017).
- Carre (2009, athletic numerals).
- Caslon CP (2012, based on Caslon 223 Bold).
- Champignon (1999-2009, a formal calligraphic script)
- Chartrand (2010, Victorian)
- Chomage (2009)
- Chopin Script (1999-2010, calligraphic; after Polonaise by Phil Martin)
- Constanze Initials (2010). After Constanze Initials by Joachim Romann (1956).
- Crayonnette (2000)
- DeClaude (2010, patterned and named after DeVinne)
- Derniere (1999)
- Dojo CP (2011)
- Dynamic CP (2010, based on page 48 of The Solotype Catalog of 4,147 Display Typefaces as Dynamic Deco)
- Ebony (2011). Based on a Marder&Luse design from 1890. Ebony is on page 38 of 100 Ornamental Alphabets by Dan X. Solo and also on page 43 of The Solotype Catalog of 4,147 Display Typefaces.
- Embrionic 85 (2012, +Swash Caps) and Embrionic 55 Swash (2012): an ink trap sans display family modeled after Robert Trogman's Embrionic in the FotoStar collection.
- Essai (2003)
- Euclid CP (2011): based on an 1880 typeface at Central Type Foundry.
- Fancy Text (2004, blackletter)
- Fantaisie1 (1999)
- Gourmandise (2013), an exquisite Normandian-style didone display typeface.
- Grandee CP (2014). Claude says that it is based on T.H. Grandee, but that is too cryptic for me...
- Haricot (2010, a fat modular typeface based on Beans in the Dan Solo catalog)
- Humeur (2001-2002, funny smilies)
- IEC5000 (2011). A symbol font with electrical and other icons.
- Initiales Medium (2011).
- Jeux Cache (2016). A boxed letter font.
- JohnHancockCP-Medium (2010, bold didone)
- Landi Echo (2011). A remake of Landi Echo by Alessandro Butti (1939-1943).
- La Tribune (2011). A newspaper type.
- Le Golf or Le Trou (2010, art nouveau typeface by Antoine Szczebanski, digitized by Claude Pelletier; also on page 71 of the Solotype catalog)
- Les Etoiles (2013): an inline typeface
- Les Tuyaux (2018). A great slinky font.
- Lionel CP (2010, a multiline typeface inspired by Letraset's 1973 typeface Stripes)
- Louisa CP (2015). A free calligraphic copperplate script. Free download.
- Malvern (1999)
- Manquis CP (2012). A roman typeface.
- Maratre (2013). A delicious connected copperplate calligraphic script that revives (or is almost identical to) François Boltana's Aurore (1993).
- Monterey Wide (2011). A Tuscan ornamental face, based on a showing on page 22 of The Solotype Catalog of 4,147 Display Typefaces.
- Motscroises (1997)
- Niaisage (2012). A lachrymal caps only typeface.
- Oxford CP (2010, a multiline face, based on the 1960s typeface by Christine Lord)
- Pasdecourbe (2003)
- Pasdenom (2001, no punctuation)
- Pepinot (2012), an art nouveau typeface based on Coral Inline on page 190 of The Solotype Catalog of 4,147 Display Typefaces.
- Pistilli Roman (2011, after the original by Pistilli)
- Postface (2012). A bold signage script face.
- Rita Smith (2012). After Primavera by Rita Major.
- Rogers, Rogers2 (1997). He says that it is not his font---that he just rearranged the glyphs. According to Claude, can be found in the book Treasury of Authentic Art Nouveau Alphabets, ed. Petzendorfer, Plate 23. It was made in 1902 by A.V. Haight for Inland Typefoundry.
- Simplement (2011) is Cut-in Medium on page 163 of The Solotype Catalog of 4,147 Display Typefaces.
- Stylie Stymus (2012).
- Threshold (2014).
- TriangleETcircleShadow, TriangleETcircleShadowed (2010, 3d iron work style face)
- UptightC (2010, multiline face).
- YagiUHFNo2 (2012).
- Zenith CP (2016). A free connected calligraphic (wedding) script typeface.
Born in The Netherlands in 1969, Dave Huizing created the disturbed typewriter font Rowdy Typemachine in 2015. In 2017, he designed the glaz krak typeface iCrack and the smilie typeface Smile 2 Me. Dafont link. [Google]
Digidea Lee is a designer from Hailar, China, b. 1991. He created one free emoticon font: Yolks Emoticons (2008), Dist Inking (2008, a nice paint brush face). [Google]
Divide by Zero (or: DBZ Fonts)
Divide by Zero (or: DBZ Fonts) has about 100 fun freeware TrueType fonts by Tom Murphy from Hamden, CT. Direct downloads. All the fonts in one zip. The fonts, made between 1993 and 2005: 32768NO, 7hours, ActionJackson, Angstrom, AntelopeH, AntimonyBlue, BoringBoron, CODON, ColophonDBZ, ConventionalWisdom, CosineKatie, Davis, Dissonant-Fractured, DoctorAzul, Donner, DouglasAdamsHand, Dysprosium, Epilog, Faraday, Fresnel, GaussJordan, Geodesic, Germs, GreenwichMeanTime, GuildofProfessionalActors, HockeyisLif, HockeyisLif, HydrogenScore, Initial, Isuckatgolf, Levity, Lexographer, Linear, MayQueen, MelanieGirly, MetaLanguage, MusicDBZ, NaturalLog, NonBlockingSocket, NullPointer, OPTICBOT, OneConstant, PROGBOT, Pinball-Data, PotassiumScandal, Prefix, Proteron, Ransom, RealBttsoief, Resurgence, RobotTeacher, Secret-Labs, SignalToNoise, Snootorgpixel10, Submerged, Technetium, Tetanus, ThisBoringParty, Toast, Tom's-Handwriting, Tom's-NewRoman, Tombats-One, Tombats6, Tombats7, TombatsFour, TombatsSmilies, TombatsThree, Tombots, TommysFirstAlphabet, TomsHeadache, Tuesday, Two-TurtleDoves, Valium, WolvesLower, Yikatu, ZincBoomerang.
Fontspace link. Dafont link. [Google]
EFI Home Page (Educational Fontware)
Sells handwriting-fonts designed to exactly replicate many educational handwriting styles. In particular, they have these:
- D'Nealian: DN Cursive and DN Manuscript.
- Zaner-Bloser: ZB Manuscript, ZB Cursive, OZ Manuscript, OZ Cursive.
- A Beka: AB Cursive and AB Manuscript, based on the style shown in workbooks developed by A Beka Book, Inc.
- Bob Jones University: CCU Cursive and CCU Manuscript, ugly fonts based on materials copyrighted by Bob Jones University.
- DKL Cursive and DKR Cursive, patterned after the handwriting methods in the workbooks Cursive Writing Skills (Educators Publishing Service, Inc, 31 Smith Place, Cambridge, MA), by Diana Hanbury King.
- Frank Schaffer: FS Classic, FS Contemporary, and FS Manuscript, developed using materials copyrighted by Frank Schaffer Publishing.
- Getty-Dubay Italic: GDI Basic, GDI Combined, and GDI Cursive, a handwriting method developed by Barbara M. Getty and Inga S. Dubay at Portland State University, Continuing Education Press. EFI worked with Getty and Dubay to develop its GDI fonts.
- Handwriting Without Tears: HWT Cursive and HWT Manuscript, pretty upright cursives and a hairline geometric sans. Handwriting Without Tears is a registered trademarked of Jan Z. Olsen.
- Harcourt Brace: HB Cursive and HB Manuscript.
- Loops and Groups: LG Cursive, based on the handwriting samples in the copyrighted Instructor's Manual Loops and Other Groups---A Kinesthetic Writing System by Mary Benbow.
- McDougal, Littell: McD Cursive and McD Manuscript, based on materials copyrighted by McDougal, Littell&Company.
- Palmer: Palmer Manuscript (simple hairline sans), Vintage Palmer and New Palmer, which include several variations of the cursive handwriting style that constitute the Palmer Method. Vintage Palmer is based on a 1923 workbook, and New Palmer on a 1987 workbook.
- Pentime: PT Cursive and PT Manuscript, developed for use by the Amish communities, through workbooks rather than directly with computers. The fonts were created for JKL Services, who use the fonts to produce handwriting materials for the Amish community.
- Peterson Directed Handwriting: PM Cursive, PM Block, and PM Slant.
- Queensland: QM Cursive and QBA Manuscript, based on samples from workbooks by Horowitz Martin Education.
- Russian: RU Cursive and Manuscript families (9 fonts) for Cyrillic.
- Seattle School District: SSD Cursive and SSD Printscript, based on handwriting samples and methods developed by Patricia Heller and Elaine M. Aoki for the Seattle Public Schools. samples were found in a 1993 K-5 handwriting manual called Write It Right (Seattle Public Schools).
- Steck Vaughn: SV Cursive and SV Manuscript, developed using materials copyrighted by Steck Vaughn Company.
- Specialty Fonts: four Ball-and-stick and Dashes fonts, Braille 24 and Braille 24 Hollow, Clocks, EFI Count Dots on Numbers, EFI Direct Instruction, EFI Music Symbols, Emo-faces, Fingerletters (for American Sign Language), Lettersound Pictures, Morse Code, Phonetics Phont, POSTNET-16.
Fontstructor who made Dot Serif (2012), fs Gold (2012, kitchen tile face) and Kidnapper (2012, dot matrix face).
In 2013, he added fs Slyte, fs Kingsletter (blackletter), fs Gardenia, fs Accordion, fs Badminton (+Mono), fs Lollipop Script, fs Monopixel (Serif, Regular), fs Sphinx, fs Quotable, fs Recalibur, fs Informe 04, FS Typewriter (a huge font that covers Latin and Cyrillic), FS Uno (monospaced), Menora, Excalibur, Cirplex (a circular font), 5x5 Monopixel, Medievia, fs Tahoma 8px, Standard Serif, Zapphire Round (kitchen tile face), fs Smilies, fs Gridded (+lc), fs Midnight Gambler, fs Semiserif Mono, fs Almostencil, fs Glass (textured face), fs Will I Am Not, fs Magnifique (a connected script), fs Karmina, fs Kursiv, fs Handwritten, fs Markitaraz, fs Neon, fs Himali (a connect-the-dots typeface), fs Fontstruct, fs Phille (kitchen tile font), fs Phoneta, fs Curves, fs Wizdom, fs Handwritten, fs Sly Small, fs Quark, Williomnot, fs Sanstruct, fs Direction (arrowed letters).
Typefaces from 2014: FS Score 3D, FS Vincent, FS Vandyx, FS Wizdom, FS Dot Serif, FS Handwritten, FS Lost (a labyrinthine font for Latin and Cyrillic that won an award in the 2014 FontStruct InLine Font Competition). Other typefaces from 2014 include FS Cookie, FS Cookie Clean, FS Pentagale, FS Gardenia, FS Monopixel Regular, FS Shattern (glaz krak face), FS Zeblin, FS Intrepid (labyrinthine).
Typefaces from 2015: FS Pentagale (a marker pen font). [Google]
Moscow-based designer of the connect-the-dots typeface Cosmic (2015). She also designed several sets of smilies and icons. Behance link. [Google]
Jamie Place (aka FontBlast, b. 2002) is a UK-based FontStructor, allegedly born in 2002 (?), who made these typefaces in 2012: Microstruct (gridded, kitchen tile face), FontStrukt Soft, FontSrukt Clean Soft, Kombinationsschrift, Gridder (a kitchen tile family: +Soft, +Box, +Bold), Skyber, Diabolo (piano key stencil genre), fb Catbop, Hangar Shot, Hangar (army stencil), FontStrukt (+Soft), Braille Full, fb Symbols, Imagine More FB, fb Atarian, Imagine FB, Barkode, Fontstruction No1 (+Extended), Tetraminos, Structurosa Fill, fb Karakter, Minimal Export, Barkode, fb Scoreboard (dot matrix typeface for Latin and Cyrillic), Wenlock, Small Fonts, Fat Largo, Largo, Kerr, Kerr Bold, fb Mixture Unstable, Freehand, Structurosa Refined, fb Switch, fb Mixture, Vado, NES Forever, Retrotype Dot Matrix, Avant Pixel, fb Tall, Fast Money Clean, Retrotype, Retrotype Too (pixelish), Retrotype Sliced, Braille Caps, Tiger Sans (horizontally striped), Pixelface (smilie face), Karmink (star dingbats), Cofmugg (+Gap: piano key typefaces).
Typefaces from 2013: Slink, Tuning Fork, Dicey (dice font), Septober, Pico Pop (kitchen tile), Plano (kitchen tile), Dolphin Sans (hairline), New English (stencil), Gadget, Curvaceous Script, Avant Pixel, Barkode, Brailled, Haus (counterless), Zapadni, Curvaceous Script, Metric (a piano key Futura-like stencil face), Mocha, Mocha Book, dm FB Solidis, Tapedeck, Gridder Bold (kitchen tile face), Modulator, Turning Fork, Zapadni (Western), FontStrukt2, Metric (piano key face), Monaco (pixel face), Blackfoot (Pac-Man style), FB Catbop, Peach Condensed, Noodle, Peach Squared, Vaquero, Haus, fb Academy Sans, Peach, Rider.
Dafont link. [Google]
[James L. Stirling]
Fontry West is located in Tulsa, OK. At MyFonts, these Fontry West fonts can be bought: Iron, Toxcons (2008, skulls), WILD1 Firstvision, WILD1 Larra, WILD1 Nobody, WILD1 Ruts, WILD1 Toxia, WILD2 Ghixm, WILD2 Keetoowah (2008). Its type designer is James L. Stirling, who cofounded the Watts, Oklahoma-based design and lettering studio The Fontry in 1992 with Michael Gene Adkins. Born in 1964 in Oklahoma, Stirling co-designed WILD1 Firstvision (1997, techno) and Ironrider and Ironhorse (2008, blackletter typefaces based on wood types) with Adkins. In 2000, he co-designed the fonts Modern Poster and Modern Roman, based on the lettering of Alf R. Becker, a sign painter from 1932 to 1957. These fonts were published by Agfa-Monotype. Later fonts there include Steel Narrow, Steel Moderne, Chicago Modern. At The Fontry in the early 1990s, he made Klash (comic books style), Peppermint and Peppermint Openface (Southwest influences), Marbles&Strings, and Keetowah. He also made some Greek fonts at The Fontry.
In 2009, James Stirling started a serious digitization program of the art deco fonts of Alf R. Becker (based mostly on his Signs of the Times series), and made ARB 70 Modern Poster, ARB 93 Steel Moderne, ARB 44 Chicago Modern, ARB08ExtremeRomanAUG-32CASNormal (2009; the original is from 1932), and ARB 67 Modern Roman.
The grunge typeface JLS OverKill Grunge (2009) is free. JLS Smiles (2010) is a family of typefaces consisting of smilies / emoticons. FHA Modernized Ideal Classic (2011, with Michael Gene Adkins) is based on a demonstraton alphabet from Frank H. Atkinson's Atkinson Sign Painting (1908).
Typefaces from 2012 include FHA Condensed French (with Michael Gene Adkins), JLS Space X1C (LED style), JLS Space X2C, JLS Space Gothic, JLS Data Gothic. In 2013, James cooperated with Michael Gene Adkins on FHA Broken Gothic, a layered chiseled type system based on Frank Atkinson's Broken Poster.
Typefaces from 2014: FHA Tuscan Roman (2014, Michael Gene Adkins, James L Stirling).
In 2015, Stirling designed JLS Main Square Frames (corners, rules and frames for vintage ads and monograms).
Typefaces from 2018: FTY Overkill Condensed.
Dafont link. FontShop link. Fontspring link.
View James Stirling's typefaces. [Google]
Designer of the pixel smiley typeface Smiley Smileys (2008, FontStruct). [Google]
[Unicode Fonts for Ancient Scripts]
George Edward Purdy
[The Computer Graphics Site]
Hanoded is the foundry (est. 2010) of Dutch designer and photographer David Kerkhoff, b. Epe / Vaassen, 1969. In its first year, Hanoded was a free font outfit specializing in handwriting and hand-printed typefaces. Its creations could be seen at Dafont, Abstract Fonts and Fontspace. Fontspring link. Klingspor link.
In 2011, he went partially commercial via MyFonts. His typefaces became more diversified and are quite stunning at times:
- A: Aardvark Dreams (2016), Abeille (2016), Abelia (2015), Abysmal Gaze (2011. scratchy face), Aceituna (2018), Adagietto (2018), Aderyn (2012: a poster family), Aeronic (2015, based on a 1937 Japanese poster for Nikke Coat by Japanese print artist Gihachiro Okuyama (1907-1981)), After Nightfall (2018: spooky), Aiguille (2018), Aint Nothing Fancy (2010). All Over Again (2010), All Over Again All Caps (2010), Allez Hop (2011), Ambleside (2018: a fun scratchy curly script), Ambrosine (2017), Americain (2012, constructivist), American Grunge (2015), Amoebica (2014), Andorra Script (2014), Antisocial Behavior (2010), Antidote (2016, 3d and hand-crafted), Appelstroop (2016), Arancello (2018, a connected didone), Artful Dodger (2012, a grungy Clarendon), AshesToAshes (2010), Ashtanga (2013, curly caps), Astromonkey (2016), Attaboy (2016, dry brush), Attention Seeker (2017), Au Revoir (2012), Autumn Voyage (2017), Avontuur (2017).
- B: Backyard Hero (2018), Badehaus (2015, an art npuveau typeface modeled after the lettering on the Thermal Badehaus in Bad Neuenahr, Germany), Bad Medicine (2017), BadPaintjob (2010), Balagan (2010), Bandolina (2014), Band Wagon (2018: Western), Baznat (2010), Beanstalker (2018), BehindDirtyBlinds (2010), DK Bergelmir (2014), Betula (2018), Bintang (2016), Bitterbrush (2018), Bitumen (2017), Blabbermouth (2018), Black Bamboo (2014), Black Cluster (2018), Black Mark (2012, a heavy brush face), Blackminster (2017: blackletter), Bladesmith (2018), Blauhaus (2015, a rounded organic monoline Bauhaus), Bloemgracht (2014, Dutch deco), Blueberry Jam (2016), Boarding House (2017), Bocadillo (2016, brush script), Bodiam (2016, beatnik style), Bombay Blue (2014, hand-crafted poster font), Blue Sheep (2016, comic book style), Boris Brush (2016), Borrowdale (2016, a crayon font), Bottle Brush (2017, dry brush), Bottle Shop Faded (2010), Bratislava (2015), Bronwen (2018: a vampire or bewitched font), Brush Crush (2016), Buckthorn (2017, grungy), Bupkis (2017), Breakfast Burrito (2015), Brooklyner (2013: an art deco caps typeface based on the typeface used for The Brooklynite, a magazine from the 1920's), Brouillard (2017), Brushzilla (2017), Bullet in your Head (2010), Bungehuis (2015, Dutch deco after the lettering on a building in Amsterdam, 1931), Buntaro, Burobu (a blobby typeface), Business As Usual (2011, scratchy), Buttered Toast (2015), Butterfly Ball (2014), Bygone (2017, brush font).
- C: Caerphilly (2018), Camping Holiday (2018: comic book style), Canned Whale (2012, outlined and hand-printed), Canoodle (2016), Carambola (art deco sans), Carbonara (2011, grungy typewriter), Carpe Noctem (2017, a haunted font), Carrot Juice (2017), Carte Blanche (2012, a gorgeous arched / sketched caps face), Castanea (2012, a painter's font), Castle On The Hill (2017), Celluloid Bliss (2010), Chalkaholic (2018), Charons Obol (2011, scary brush face), Cheat Sheet (2013, handwritten), Checkout (2015, a basic supermarket script), Cherubina (2016, beatnik style), Chilly Cherry (2018), Chocolatte (2016), Chunky Chicken (2013), Cinnamon Swirl (2016, curly lettering), Cinnabar Brush (2016), DK Clair de Lune (2012, an exquisite curly poster font), Clochard (funky quirky lettering), Closet Skeleton (a scary font based on the cover of the 1946 book De Sprookjeshoorn by Anton Eijkens (1920-2012)), Coal Brush (2016), Coconut Punch (2018, dry brush), Codswallop (2011, fat hand-printed), DK Coliseu (2014, art deco), Colporteur (2017), Combustible (2017), Compagnon (2017), Concertina (2018), DK Cool Crayon, Cool Daddy (2017, bubblegum font), Coquillage (2017), Corner Shop Chique (2010), Cortese (2016: an interlocking letter poster font based on a 1971 Italian movie poster for La Morte Cammina Con I Tacchi Alti directed by Luciano Ercoli), Cosmo Stitch (2015), Couldnt be bothered (2010), Courant (2011, grungy blackletter), Cover Up (2017), Crayon Crumble (2011, chalk face), Crayon En Folie (2016, a crayon or chalk typeface), DK Crayonista (2012), Criss Cross (2011), Crocodile Feet (2018: beatnik style), Crowbar (2017), Crowfeather (2018), Crowd Funded (2018), Crypt (2016), Cry Wolf (2017), Cubissimo (2013, a cubist geometric font inspired by a 1929 poster advertising a museum exhibition), Cul de Sac (2010, 3d outline face, hand-printed and sketched), Cut Along (2017: a paper cutout typeface), Cykelsmed (2018).
- D: Dapplegrim (2018), Darker Marker (2016), Darkness Rising (2018), Deco Pimp (2011), Die Bruecke (2013, a woodblock printing emulation typeface named after the Die Brücke movement), Dinosaur Cake (2018), Dirrrty (2016, a grungy brush font), DK Allez Hop (2011), Discolicious (2017), Display Patrol (2017), Don Quixote (2011. nice grunge calligraphic hand), DK Dortmunder Ecke (2015, inspired by cubism), Double Quick (2014), Douceur (2014, a blackboard bold / tattoo script), Down The Wall (2017), Downward Fall (2014, a rough brush), Dragonblood (2015), Dragon Spell (2017, drawn with Chinese ink), Drawing Blood (2010), Dreadnought (2014, brush face), Drop Dead Gorgeous (an all caps brush typeface), Dubbel Zout.
- E: Early Morning Coffee (2012), Earworm (2018), Elbow Grease (2017), Element 120 (2018, a hand-drawn Ultra Bodoni), Entourage (2017), Ersatz Quality (2010).
- F: Face Your Fears (2011), Face Your Fears II (2015), FairNSquare (2010), Fairy Godmother (2018), Fallout Font (2010), Fantastique (2012, a 3d hand-printed caps face), Fat Little Piggy (2010), Father Frost (2012), Fearsome (2018), Fiebiger Eins (2013, an art nouveau / arts & crafts typeface after a 1908 poster by Franz Fiebiger), Fiebiger Zwei (2013), Fingerfood (2018), Flagellum Dei (2016, a rough brush script), Fledermaus (2012: Fledermaus ("bat") was a cabaret theater from Vienna. The original Jugendstil decor was designed by Josef Hoffman and several posters, advertising performances, were designed by other members of the Vienna Workshop. The Fledermaus font was based on a 1907 poster by Bertold Löffler.; the missing glyphs were created by Kerkhoff), Follow The Light (2018), Food Truck (2016, vernacular style), DK Formosa (2012), Framboisier (2017), Frozen Memory (2017), Full Blast (2017: dry brush), Funky Flamingo (2018).
- G: Galangal (a phenomenal poster typeface that plays on thick and thin, in the style of Horst Caps), Gamboge (2017), Garden Bed (2016, a fat brush font), Garden Gnome (2016), Gerards Gold (2010, script face), GerardsGold (2010). Ghost Reverie (2010, a scratchy family), Glitter Candy (2018), Grafiker (2013, a brush typeface loosely based on the work of designers Oskar Kokoschka (1886-1980) and Jean Carlu (1900-1997)), Greyfriars (2017, a hand-drawn Baskerville), Grigory (2017), Grumpy Tiger (2017), Guerilla Handshake (2017), Gulag Decay (2010).
- H: Halewyn (2017), Hangmans Delight (2016), Hanoded Hand (2010), Hanoded-Heavy (2010), Harajuku Script (2017), Harimau (2012, a rounded children's book font), Harimau Dua (2015), Harrumph (2011, a fat poster lettering family), Hasty Tasty (2011), HaraldRunicDEMO (2010), Headlock (2017), Heckel (2013, a German expressionist hand-drawn typeface based on the handwriting of Erich Heckel (1883-1970), a founding member of Die Brücke, a group of German expressionist), Hedgehog Hans (2012, comic book typeface), Henceforth (2017), Hex (2012), Hexenhammer (2017, a font for witches and vampires), Hey Comrade (2016: a messy script font made with a bamboo satay skewer), Hieratic Numerals (2010), High Tea (2012), DK Himmelblau (2012, art nouveau font based on a poster from 1902 made by the Künstlerbund Hagen), Hobgoblin (2014), Hofstad (2014, after an art deco typeface used by poster designer John Lavies), Hokitika (2014, art deco), Homeward Bound (2017, a grungy slab serif), Honey Dew (2016), Honeyguide (2017), Huggin and Muninn (2012, script face), Hummus Chips Salat (2010), Hyggelig (2015), Hyldemoer (2018).
- I: Ice Cream Man (2018), Inky Fingers (2013, a fat finger font), Innuendo (2015), Interstellar Erosion (2010), DK Insomniac (2015), Irena (2016, a cubist/expressionist font inspired by Czech type designer Vojtech Preissig), Ishtar (2012: spooky brush font).
- J: Jalebi (2015), Jambo (2014, bouncy and funky), Joe Schmoe (2011, hand-printed), John Brown (2016), Jubileum (2013), Just Before Liposuction (2010).
- K: Kaikoura (2014, art deco), Katzenjammer (2015), Kempoka (2014, brush script), Kerberos Fang (2011), Keswick (2013, a lipstick font created using a 6B pencil), Fat Kitty Kat (2013), DK Koerier (2014, a 3d outlined typeface), Knockdown (2016, brush style), Knucklebones (2017), Kodama Forest (2017, Treefrog style), Kokomo (2012, 3d and outlined), Kolkata Hotelroom (2010), Komsomol (2014: was modeled on several Soviet propaganda posters and anmed after the youth division of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, the Komsomol, or Kommunisticheskii Soyuz Molodyozhi), Konditorei (2018), Koshatnik (2011, all caps brush face), Kubikajiri (2011, an India ink brush face), DK Kundalini (2013, curly), Kunstschau (2012: a beautiful poster font that was modeled on a stamp, designed by Austrian artist Bertold Löffler, for the Kunstschau 1908 exhibition in Vienna), Kurkuma (2013, a wonderful poster caps face), Kusukusu (2011, hand-printed), Kwark (2013: a 3d poster font).
- L: Lampion (2012, a condensed unicase hand-drawn face), Leakage (2010, ink splash face), Languedoc (2016), Larks Tongues (2017), Leftover Crayon (2017), Lemon Yellow Sun (2014), Lenox Avenue (2017, after Studio Handbook Letter And Design For Artists And Advertisers by Samuel Welo), Lille Snemand (2015), DK Limoen (2012, shadow outline face), Liquid Amber (2018), Liquid Embrace (2015, a brush font), Little Boy Blue (2016), Lokomotiv (2012, an art deco caps typeface based on poster for the 1930 Geneva Motor Show), Longreach (2018), DK Louise (2012, art deco, cubist: based on the art of Louise Marie (lou) Loeber, a Dutch painter), Lucky Goldfish, Lunisolar (2017).
- M: Maduki (2013), Majolica (2014, art deco), Magical Brush (2017), DK Mama Bear (2012), Mandarin Whispers (2017, a brush font actually made by a marker pen), Mandolin (2014), Mango Smoothie (2015), Mariken (2017), Market Square (2017, vernacular style; +Market Square Marker), Mary Ate a Little Lamb (2010), Mayonaise (2011), Meshuggeneh (2013---crazy fool on Yiddish; a twisted 3d typeface), Midnight Chalker (2016, a chalk or crayon font), Midnight Hour (2011), Millefeuille (2017), Moi Non Plus (2011), Minou (2018), Momotaro (2015, a fun rough brush script), DK Monsieur Le Chat (2012, curly face---can't wait for Madame La Chatte...), Montello (2018), Moonlight Serenade (2016), Moonlight Shadow (2010, a nice scribbly pair of fonts), More Or Less (2016), Morgenfrisk (2017), Mosca (2013), Mothman (2011, a spooky scratchy face), Motley Crew (2016), Mr Stickman (2015, funny dingbats), Mysterious (2017).
- N: Nakata (2012, a great notebook style script), Nanuk (2013, an outlined 3d typeface), Neues Bauen (2011), New Beginnings (2016), Nightbird (2011, blood drip face), Northumbria (2012: modeled on original 7th and 8th century monastic gospel books from Northern England), Notaris (2015, a bouncy typeface), Nouveau Crayon (2016), DK Nutnik (2012, a mural paint font), Nuuk (2018), Nyctophobia (2010, brush face).
- O: Obrigado (2012, rounded art deco face), Oei (2010), Office Squeeze (2017, a sketched font made with a Japanese brush pen), Oomph (2010), Okiku (2014, a scratchy poster typeface), Oranjerie (2013, poster typeface), Orenji (2016), Otago (2014: a classic all caps art deco typeface), DK Oyuki's Ghost (2013, scratchy scary typeface made with a steel pen and Chinese Ink---the name comes from a painting by Maruyama Okyo (1733-1795), which depicts his mistress who died young. Maruyama Okyo claimed she haunted him in his sleep).
- P: Palembang (2015, a Dutch art deco typeface), Pandanus (2014), Panettone (2018: upright script), Paradise Lost (2016, created using a broken bamboo satay skewer and Chinese ink), Pardesi (2013, a fat marker pen font), DK Pastis (2016, a lovely hand-crafted typeface), Paviljoen (2014: Dutch art deco), Pawn Shop Pretty (2010), Petit Four (2015), Petit Oiseau (2013), Phantom Peach, Pimpernel (2012), Pinda (2011), P.I. (2011), Pineapple Daydream (2018), Pingo (2012, display face), Pinkus (2013, a caps-only poster font), Pisang (2013, an all caps poster font), Plague Master (2016), Plakkaat (2011), Poison Ivy (2014, scratchy hand), Pondicherry (2014, a hand-sketched 3d typeface), Popty Ping (2018, beatnik style), Porcupine Pickle (2011), Primordial (2017), Prince Frog (2015, a cartoon / children's book font), Printout (2018: a sketched font), ProjectX (2010), ProjectY (2010), ProjectZ (2010), Promedanenmischung (2010), Psycho Killer (2013), Pumpkin Soup (2013: a poster typeface), Pundak (2014, all caps 3d outlined typeface), DK Pusekatt (2013).
- Q: DK Qilin (2014: a great inky font), Quatrain (a hand-drawn didone), Quid Pro Quo (2011, scratchy calligraphic), Quilted Butterfly (2010), Quite Something (2018), QuoVadisQuasimodo (2010).
- R: Rabbit Escape (2016), Rabbit on the Moon (2011, children's typeface), Rainforest (2010), Ramkoers (2018), Rat Infested Mailbox (2010), Ravenheart (2017, Treefrog or Ralph Steadman style: scary and inky), Ravenstonedale (2018: based on a number of handwritten letters by English author D.H. Lawrence), Retch (2013, frightening scratchy script), Retrouvailles (2018), Return Policy (2018), Roskilde (2018), Rosy Lee (2016), Rotorua (2014, art deco), Rough Patch (2017), Route Du Soleil (2018), Ruby Red (2015, brush style), Rum Doodle (2013), Rumpelstiltskin (2011, comic book family), Runaround Kid (2018), Runic Series [Gunfjaun Runic (2010), Modraniht Runic (2010), Leakage (2010), Hyrrokkin Runic (2010), Harald Runic (2010). Gunnar Runic (2010), Nidhogg Runic (2010), Nippon Note (2016), Skraeling Runic (2010), Sleipnir Runic (2010), Tjelvar Runic (2010), Yggdrasil Runic (2010), Graip Runic (2010), Fenrir Runic (2010), Beowulf Runic (2010)], Running Hipster (2016), Rusty Cage (2011).
- S: Saffron Walden (great fattish inky brush script), Same Same but Different (2010), DK Samhain (2012, dry brush face), Sammy Boy (2011, fat poster face), Sanseki (2016, Chinese ink brush script named after Sanseki, a Japanese term used to describe three famous Heian period calligraphers: Yaseki, Gonseki and Saseki), Satsuma (2013, a poster face), Saturday Sunday Monday (2010), Scapegoat (2018), Scrawlerz (brush script), Scratch Up (2018), Scrawny Cat (2016, a brush and China ink typeface), Scribbler (2015), Scurvy Dog (2011, scratchy hand), Secret Diary (2013: hand-printed), Semarang (2015, an art deco sans), Sensory Overload (brushed typeface), Seven Seas (2018: a curly script), Shadowfield (2018), Shaken Not Stirred (2015), Sheepman (2012), Shesek (2011, a fat finger face), Shinano (2017, made using a Japanese brush), Sibylle (2018: dry brush), Silent Echo (2018), Single Malta (2010), Sirius B (2013, poster font), Sketchy Smiley (2010, smilies), Sketchy Smiley II (2012), Skratch (2010, broken glass face), Sleepy Time (2013, hand-printed), Sleight of Hand (2010), Slipstream Sweetheart (2010), Slivowitz (2017), Smiling Cat (2017), Smooth Brushings (2016), Smurrie (2016), Snemand (2013, a poster titling typeface), Snippity Snap (2015, paper cut typeface), Sobriquet (2012: a wonderful antique poster face), Soerabaja (2017, all caps Dutch art deco), Souplesse (2013), Southside Fizz (2017, hand-crafted art deco), Southwark (2017: sketched), Spaghetti And Cheese (2017), Spandau (art deco), Spiced Pumpkin (2016), Spiderlegs (2011, Spinnenkop (2018: a curly vampire script), Splinterhand (2017), SquareOne (2010), SquareOneGrunge (2010), Squint (2013, squarish), Starlight Lovers (2016), Statendam (2014, caps only Dutch art deco influenced by interbellum ads for the Holland America Line), Sticky Toffee (2017), Struffoli (2017), Suco de Laranja (2012), Summer Romance, SundayMonday (2010), Sugary Pancake (2016), Superbrush (2017, a Great Chinese ink brush font), Sushi Bar (2016, dry brush), Sweet Lemon (2018: paper cutout type), Sweet Steeffie (2010), Sibylle (2018: Japanese brush), Symptomatic (2018: brush script), Syphon Spritz (2010, a great curly script; a Pro version appeared in 2010 at CheapProFonts).
- T: Tartufo (sketched font), Teacup (2017), Tequileria (2016), That Little Piggy (2010), Technojunk (2014, 3d squarish hand-drawn typeface), The Cats Whiskers (2016), Terpentijn (2017, grungy), Thievery (2012, curly script), This Little Piggy (2010), Toadstool (2017), Tobu (2014), Tompouce (2017), Tough Cookie (2018), Toverheks (2016, a bewitched typeface), Traiectum (2017, a messy roman caps typeface based on Goudy Old Style), Treppenwitz (2018), Trashtype (2011, grungy), Trained Monkey (2017, a cartoon font), Tripping on Acid (2010), Trollslayer (2011, brush face), Twelve Weeks Pregnant (2010), Twirrewyn (2018), Twisted System (2018), Tzeva Tari (2010, grunge Hebrew).
- U: Udon Soup (2018), Ugh (2010), Umbilical Noose (2014, a rough brush), Uncle Edward, Uncle Oscar (2016, a crayon font), Under My Umbrella (2018).
- V: Ventana (2013, created using Chinese ink and a bamboo pen), Vermilion (2013, hand-printed poster face), DK Viareggio (2012, an art deco font Viareggio is based on the handlettering found on a 1931 poster, advertising the carnival of Viareggio), Vienna Workshop (2012, an art nouveau typeface based on some of the artwork produced by Vienna Workshop artists, in particular that of Koloman Moser), Visum (2014), Vlinder (2017), Vox Populi (2012, medieval).
- W: Warpspeed (2010), Wayang (2013, influenced by Indonesian puppets), Wayland (2018), Weekend Warrior (2010), Weeping Willow (2018), Welt Schmerz (2012, a post-art nouveau typeface based on a 1910 poster from Austria), WetDream (2010), Whale Song (2017), Whatnot (2013), Whynot (2014), Widdershins (2018), Wild Bunch (2015: Western font), WindshieldMassacre, Wintanceastre (2018: an uncial based on a 10th century Latin manuscript), Winterberry (2017: a messy script), With A Twist (2011), Woebegone (2018).
- X: Xanthine (2017, a messy brush type).
- Y: Yellow Balloon (2013, a fat poster face), Yuli (2014).
- Z: Zealand (2017, sketched), Zeebonk (2013, a tattoo font), Zesty Lime (2016, brush font), Zombie Starfish (2017), Zonnig (2011).
Or Kak Alin. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia-based designer of Anak Anak (2017), Kiddy (2017, a clean hand-printed typeface), Montel (2017, a soft plump typeface), Batik Alin (2017), Technolin (2017), Personality (2017: a scanbat typeface of famous people), Alin Speech Bubbles (2017), Mak Ngah Punya (2017), Senyum Sokmo Deh (2017, comic book font), Cute Animal (2017), Face Alin (2017, dingbats with smilies), Yop Pekabor (2017), Sayang MakAbah (2017), Sorry Sorry (2017), Sempoi (2017) and Alin Kid (2017). Dafont link. [Google]
A list of Japanese emoticons. [Google]
[Kuzu@Fonts (or: Dusthome, or: Dust Fonts)]
Robert Schenk (Ingrimayne) created the smilie font All Smiles (1998). [Google]
Ingrimayne Type (was: The Bovine Rebellion)
Ingrimayne Type was established in 1988 by Robert Schenk to sell his fonts via the web and via CDs such as the No-Hype Type CD (2500 typefaces in trueType and PostScript, with mostly original typefaces). Robert Schenk (b. 1946, Minnesota) lives in Rensselaer, IN. Before Ingrimayne, Schenk's type was distributed by Wayzata Technology. Free fonts at his site included Red Letter, Zirkle, Sallonext, Zarrow, Serpent.
Specimen book. Alternate URL.
Dingbat fonts: XPhyngern (1990, pointing fingers), XPointedDesert and XSimpleHands (1994, more fists), Schneeflaken (two snow fonts, now available as XSchneeFlaken), ComputerBugz (nice butterflies, now available as XCompuTerBuggz), Galaxies (around the theme of the sun and stars), GlitzyFlash (1990), Grandecort (1994), LeakOrLeach (1995), Baumfuss (1990), LeafMeAlone (leaves), StarsAndStripes, StarPieces, Fingers, SimpleHands, PointedDesert, IngyDing (1996, 3 dingbat fonts in the style of Zapf Dingbats; in 2010 overhauled into one 1400-ornament monster face, Ingy Ding MCD, containing smilies, arrows, Zapfian ornaments, dice, chess pieces, fists, weather dingbats, and so forth), IngyDingLeftovers.
A list of fonts:
- A: Aabced-Bold-Italic, Aabced-Bold, Aabced-Italic, Aabced-Regular, Aabced, AabcedBold, AabcedBoldItalic, AabcedExtraBold, AabcedItalic, AabcedRoman, AabcedXBold-Bold, AabcedXBold, Abagail-Regular, AbagailJackson, AccruedInterest, AcornSwash-Regular, AcornSwash, AcornSwashAltern-Regular, AcornSwashAltern, AcornSwashRoman, Accrued Interest, Albert Betenbuch (blackletter), AlbertBetenbuchExtrude, AllSmiles, AmericanMorseCodeIT, AnarckWarp, Anarckhie, AnarckhieBold, AnarckhieBoldItalic, AnarckhieDecayed, AnarckhieItalic, AnarckhieJiggled, AnarckhieRagged, AnarckhieShadow, AndrewAndreasBold, AndrewAndreasPlain, AndrewAndreasXBold, Andrew Andy College (athletic lettering), AndrewAndyStencil, AndrewAndyStencilBold, AndyEight, AntsyPantsy, ArgentBobSquish, Argenta, ArgentaBobbWig, ArgentaBobbed, ArgentaBold, ArgentabObbed, Asterx-Regular, Asterx, Auldroon-Regular, Auldroon (blackletter), AndrewAndyKactus, AntsyPantsy.
- B: Baker Half (2004, an experimental hexagonally designed family), Balboat-Regular, BalboatBold, BalboatPlain, Barefoot, BaumSquiggle, Baumfuss-Regular, Baumfuss, BaumfussTwo-Regular, BaumfussTwo, BearButteTBold, BearButteTBoldItalic, BearButteTItalic, BearButteTPlain, BearButteTSpecial, BeastlyFont, Bene, BeneCryptExtrude, BeneCryptine-Regular, BeneCryptine (blackletter), BeneCryptineDistorted, BeneScriptine-Regular, BeneScriptine (blackletter), BetterEuroika, BetterEuroikaBold, BetterEuroikaBoldItalic, BetterEuroikaHybrid, BetterEuroikaHybridBold, BetterEuroikaItalic, BetterIngriana, BetterIngrianaBold, BetterIngrianaBoldItalic, BetterIngrianaHybrid, BetterIngrianaHybridBold, BetterIngrianaItalic, BetterKamp, BetterKampBold, BetterKampBoldItalic, BetterKampItalic, BetterTypeRightBold, BetterTypeRightBoldItalic, BetterTypeRightItalic, BetterTypeRightMedium, BetterTypeRightPlain, BetterTypeRightThin, BetterTypeRightThinItalic, BetterTypeRiteSpec, BetterTypeRiteSpecBold, Big-Regular, BigBottom, Bigtop-Regular, Bigtop, Bilevel, BiteOfApple, Bizaro, BizaroRES, Blockboys, Bluster Left, BobsExtraPictures, BobsStandardChess, Bouncer, Bowling, BringInTheFrowns, Brrrrr-Regular, Brrrrr, BuggyFont, BumberShoot.
- C: CemeteryWalk (2018), Cennerik-Bold, Cennerik-Regular, Cennerik, CennerikBold, CennerikEBold, CennerikExtraBold, CennerikPlain, CennerikSpiked, CennerikXBold-Bold, ChainLetterOne, ChainLetterTwo, CheckMateRES, ChessNut, ChessNutTwo, Chessterton, ChesstertonTwo, Circlet, CoffeeMug, CompassOne, CompuTerBuggz, ConcavWarp, ConcavexCaps, ConcavexCapsWave, ConcavexStepper, CoughingNails, Court-Regular, CourtGesture, CourtJesterFrizzy, CrippledFont, CuthbMangle, CuthbeNick, Cuthbert.
- D: DavidBurry, DavidFarewell, DavidFarewellBold, David Farewell Stencil, Dear John, Demotte-Bold, Demotte-Regular, Demotte, DemotteBold, DemotteWarp, Dinner-Regular, Dinner, Dottie, DrivEddie, Dschoyphul.
- E: EdsDream, EdwardEdwinBold, EdwardEdwinPlain (1994, copperplate script), Eldroon, Erkball, ErkballBold, Euroika-Bold-Italic, Euroika-Bold, Euroika-Italic, Euroika-Regular, EuroikaBold, EuroikaBoldItalic, EuroikaItalic, EuroikaKamp, EuroikaKampBold, EuroikaKampBoldItalic, EuroikaKampItalic, EuroikaRoman, Euroika, Eyebel, EyebelBold, EyebelRuff.
- F: FabFours (2015, patterned typeface), FansiPensle (1990, connected signage script), FansiPensleBold, FansiPenslePlain, FansiPensleTwo, FansiPensleTwoBold (1990), FansiPensleTwoPlain, Febdrei, FebdreiBold, Federhozen-Bold-Italic, Federhozen-Italic, Federhozen-Regular, Federhozen, FederhozenBold, FederhozenBoldItalic, FederhozenItalic, FederhozenPlain, FeggoliteDancing, FeggoliteDancingItalic, FeggoliteHatched, FeggoliteKeyed, FeggoliteMonoBold, FeggoliteMonoPlain, FeggoliteRuffled, Fezdaz, Fishhook, FiveOhOne, FiveOhTwo, FlagDayFour, FlagDayOne, FlagDayThree, FlagDayTwo, Fly High, FlyHighBold, FlyHighBoldItalic, FlyHighItalic, ForTheBirds, FourJuly, FourJulyG, FourJulyH, Framo-Regular.
- G: GLitzy, GLitzyBarbed, GLitzyPlain-Regular, GLitzyStripe, GLitzyVStriped, Galexica-Bold-Italic, Galexica-Bold, Galexica-Italic, Galexica-Regular, Galexica, GalexicaBold, GalexicaBoldItalic, GalexicaExtraBold, GalexicaItalic, GalexicaMono-Bold, GalexicaMono-Regular, GalexicaMono, GalexicaMonoBold, GalexicaMonoPlain, GalexicaPlain, GalexicaXBold-Bold, GlitzyCurl-Regular, GlitzyCurl, GlitzyFlash-Regular, GlitzyFlash, GlitzyJewel-Regular, GlitzyJewel, Gothamburg (blackletter), GothamburgBold, GothamburgShadowed, GothicHorror, GothicRock, GranCanaries, GrancMitSripes, GrandecortBold, GrandecortHoly, GrandecortMedium, GrandecortShadow, GretchenHelloBold, GretchenHelloPlain, Grundee.
- H: Hammered, HandanaBold, HandanaPlain, HandmadeFont, HeartMatrixed, Hermainita, HermainitaBold, HermainitaPlain, HeyPumkin, HippityDippityBold, HippityDippityInline, HippityDippityPlain.
- I: IanSegoe, IggoliteMono, IngBurried, IngDingLeftover, Ingone, IngoneSaw, IngoneShadow, IngrianEuroikHybrid, IngrianEuroikHybridBold, IngrianEuroikaH, IngrianEuroikaHBold, IngrianEuroikaHBoldItalic, IngrianEuroikaHItalic, Ingriana, IngrianaBold, IngrianaBoldItalic, IngrianaCasual, IngrianaCasualBold, IngrianaCasualBoldItalic, IngrianaCasualItalic, IngrianaCasualPlain, IngrianaExtraBold, IngrianaItalic, IngrianaPlain, IngyArrows, IngyArrowsTwo, IngyDingThree, IngyDings, InsideLetters, InternationalMorseCodeIT, IrritationOne, IrritationTwo.
- J: JabcedHy, JabcedHyBold, JabcedHyBoldItalic, JabcedHyItalic, JasperSqueeze, JasperSqueezeBold, JasperSqueezeBoldItalic, JasperSqueezeEB, JasperSqueezeEBItalic, JasperSqueezeItalic, JenneriCurved, Jennerik, JennerikBold, JennerikExtraBold, JennerikInfml-Bold, JennerikInfml, JennerikInfmlBold, JennerikInfmlExtraBold, JennerikInfmlPlain, JennerikInfmlXBold, JennerikRoman, Jester, JesterRES (Tuscan), JesterTwo (Tuscan), Jestres, JetJanBoldItalicGray, JetJaneButton, JetJaneMonoBold, JetJaneMonoBoldItalic, JetJaneMonoCapsBold, JetJaneMonoCapsPlain, JetJaneMonoCapsThin, JetJaneMonoItalic, JetJaneMonoPlain, JetJaneMonoThinBook, JetJaneMonoThinItalic.
- K: KampFriendshipBold, KampFriendshipBoldItalic, KampFriendshipItalic, KampFriendshipPlain, KampIngrianaH, KampIngrianaHBold, KampIngrianaHBoldItalic, KampIngrianaHItalic, KampIngrianaHybrid, KampIngrianaHybridBold, KampRipple, Karlisbad, KiddyChessFont, KlipJoint, Knaudens-Regular, Knaudens, Kneebls, KneeblsBold, KneeblsExtruded, KneeblsPlain, KneeblsRuffled, KneeblsThin, KnewFont, KnewFontBold, KnewFontJagged, KnewFontPlain, KnewFontWaisted, KnewFontWaistedBold, KnightMares, KolSpotted, KolStriped, KolkFizzy, Kolkman-Bold, KolkmanDimly, KolkmanGray, KolkmanShatter, KolkmanStriped, Kwersity, KwersityBold, KwersityWider, KwersityWiderBold, Kwodsity, KyhotaBarbed, KyhotaOne, KyhotaTwo.
- L: LaserTrain, LaserTrainBold, LastBigFling, LastBigFlingBold, LastMinuteChess, Laudens, LeakorLeach, LeakorLeachLeft, LeefMeAlone, LeefMeAloneHoles, LeekorLeech, Letrinth, LetterTrain-Regular, LetterTrain, LetterTrainBold, LetterTrainBoldItalic, LetterTrainItalic, LetterTrainPlain, Lettergical (1994, blackletter with Lombardic capitals), LettergicalWave, LetunicalBold, LetunicalInline, LetunicalNormal, LetunicalShadow, LetunicalWarp, Library-Italic, Library-Regular, Life After College (2008, athletic lettering family), LineDrive, LineDriveBold, LineDriveOutlined, LineDrivePlain, LineDriveShadow.
- M: MITuscan, MMCheckered, MMDrawings, MMPattern, Mangaled, Masheen (1990, octagonal font), MasheenBold, MasheenConvicted, MasheenFlag, MasheenIIID, MasheenOutlined, MatthewTwo, MattsFastFont, MedicineShelf, MedievalGunslinger, MedievalGunslingerShadow, Minimalist-Regular, Minimalist, Minniesoda, MinniesodaBold, Modsten-Bold, Modsten-Regular, Modsten (stencil, 1990), ModstenBold, ModstenRoman, MoreTexture, MousyFont, MushmellowBold, MushmellowCactus, MushmellowOutline, MushmellowPlain, MuskitosCaps, MuskitosCapsShadDown, Myhota, MyhotaBarbed, MyhotaBold, MyhotaHatched, MyhotaHatchedBold, MyhotaPlain, MyhotaWithSpikes.
- N: NailsNStaples, NairobiNormal, NeedALilly, NerdishHex, NerdishHexBold, Neu Altisch (blackletter), NeuAltischBold, NeuAltischGray, NeuAltischPlain, NeuAltischShadLeft, NeuAltischShadow, NeuAltischWormEaten, NeuropolMedium, NewLaudens, NewLibrary, NewLibraryItalic, NewNerdShadowed, NewNerdishBold, NewNerdishPlain, NewNerdishThin, NoPainRight, NoPainRightBold, NopainLeft, NopainLeftBold.
- O: OakParkAve, OakParkAvePlain, OakParkBlvdPlain, OakParkExtruded, OakParkSpeckled, OakParkSquaRe, OakParkZiggy, OakParksTripped, Old Harold Ree (1992, a modification of PhederFract, which was a calligraphic fraktur typeface also by Schenk), OldHaroldReeBold, OldHaroldReePlain, Onyon (1997).
- P: PastedWarp, PattyDay, PawnShop, Pedestrian, PencilFat, PencilIn, PencilOut, PensleCaligraf-Bold, PensleCaligraf-Regular, PensleCaligraf, PensleCaligrafBold, PensleCaligrafPlain, PeterPierreBold, PeterPierreCondensed, PeterPierrePlain, PeterPierreXBold, Pheder Frack (blackletter), PhederFrackBold, PhederFrackDtsh, PhederFrackDtshBold, PhederFrackDtshThin, PhederFrackPlain, PhederFrackShadowed, PhederFrackThin, PhrackCack, PhrackSle, PhrackSleBold, PhrackSlePlain, Phraxtured (blackletter), PhraxturedDeutsch, PhraxturedPlain, PhraxturedShadowed, Phyngern, Pigknot, PigknotBold, PlainPensle, PlainPensleBold, PlainPensleBoldItalic, PlainPensleItalic, PlainPenslePlain, PlainPensleXBold, PlainPensleXBoldItalic, Porker, PorkerGrey, PutMyFootDown, Pzytupid.
- Q: Qualettee, QualetteeBold, QualetteeMedium, Quatsity, Quidic, QuidicHatched, QuidicHoley, QuidicItalic, QuidicRoman, QuidicShotUp, Quirtly, Qwatick (1992), QwatickBold, QwatickPlacard.
- R: Ranger (1996, octagonal), RangerWider, Rankensteen, Rataczak-Regular, RataczakBold, RataczakBoldItalic, RataczakCandied, RataczakCondItalic, RataczakCondPlain, RataczakExtraBold, RataczakItalic, RataczakRoman, RataczakSwash, Rauchens, Razephu, Red-Regular, RedLetter, Renslaer, RoomingHouse, Rosary, RosaryBold, RoundUp, RoundUpBold, RoundUpShadow, RoundWhy, RoundWhyBold, RummageSaleOne, Rumpled, RundigPencilBold, RundigPencilMedium, RundigPencilNormal, Rundigsburg (1994), RundigsburgBold, RundigsburgMedium, RundigsburgPlain, RundigsburgShadowLeft, RundigsburgShadowRight.
- S: SafetyPinned, Salloon, SalloonAStripe, SalloonCracked, SalloonHStripe, SalloonStripeBottom, SalloonStripeEnds, SalloonStripeMiddle, SalloonStriped, Saloon-Regular, SaloonExt, SaloonFrilled, Sansville, SansvilleBold, SarahfSlob, SarahfSlobItalic, SchneeFlaken, SchneeFlakenTwo, Screwged, Sdrawkcab-Regular, Sdrawkcab, Seasick, SeasickBold, SeasickMirror, SeasickMirrorBold, SeasonsGreetings, SeederChess, SeederChessSmall, Sergury, Serpent-Regular, ShadyCharacters, ShirlyUJest, SimpleChessFont, Sirpent, Skagwae, SkagwaeMono, Skigway, SkwareDots, SlimpiSquares, SmokeHausShadow, SmokeHaus (1998), SmokeHouseRough, SmokeHouseShatter, SmokeHouseWave, Spicandspan, SquiggleRES, SquiggleRESBold, Stamper, Substance, SusiScript, SusiScriptBold, SusiScriptPlain, Swanville-Regular, Swanville, Swirlity, SwirlityBold, SwirlityScript, SwirlityText.
- T: Tescellations (2012), Tessie Dingies (2012), TOCinRings, TRGrunge, Tacky (2005), Talloween, TapedUp, Teapot (1999), Teethee, TessieSpinners, TessieMiscellaneous (2018), TessieMoreStuff (2018), TessieXtraBirds (2018), TessieMoreBirds, TessieAnimals, TessieStandingBirds (2018), TessieFlyingBirds (2018), TessiePuzzlePieces (2018), TexturesOne, TiedUp, Tieroh, TierohBold, TierohSans, TierohSansBold, Tinkerer, TiredOfCourier (1992, + Bold, +BoldItalic, +Italic, +Plain, +Thin, +ThinItalic), ToothBrush, TootsieBold, TuskcandyBold, TuskcandyInline, TuskcandyPlain, Twigglee-Regular, Twigglee (1990, inspired by the hand lettering on the plates in a 19th century book on ornaments by Owen Jones), TwiggleeBold, TwiggleePlain, TwiggleeWarped, TwoTonedStoned.
- U: UUeirdieBold, UUeirdieRoman, UUeirdieWarp, Unikled, UnikledBold, UnikledPlain, UnikledSpotted, UnivoxAtomLight, UpsideDown, UrbanScrawl.
- V: ValManGal, Valenteena, ValenteenaBroken, ValentinaContour, Valentine-Regular, Valgal, ValgalBold, Vglee, VunderScriptBold, VunderScriptPlain.
- W: WalcomeOne, WalcomeOneBold, Watchmaker, WatchmakerBold, WaterCloset, WaterWorksCaps (1992), WaterWorksCaps-Bold, WaterWorksCaps-Regular, WaterWorksCapsBold, WaterWorksCapsPlain, WeirdChessFont, Wetetque (1991, an all caps multiline family), WetetqueBold, WetetquePlain (1991), Whichit, WhichitBold, WhichitTwo, WhichitTwoBold, WrenchedLetters, WurstCactus, WurstHassen, WurstchenDotted, WurstchenOutlined, WurstchenSplatted, WyomingMacroni, WyomingMacroniPegged, WyomingMacroniShadRight, WyomingMacroniShadowed, Wyoming Pastad (1994, Western slab face), WyomingPastadShadLeft, WyomingPastadShadowed, WyomingSpaghettiBold, WyomingSpaghettiPlain, Wyoming Strudel (Far West type).
- X: XBobsExtraPictures, XBobsStandardChess, XChessNut, XChessNutTwo, XChesstertonTwo, XCompuTerBuggz, XGalaxies, XGalaxyOne, XIngDingLeftover, XIngyArrows, XIngyArrowsBetween, XIngyArrowsTwo, XIngyDingIII, XIngyDingTwo, XIngyDings, XInterntnlMorseCodeIT, XKiddyChessFont, XKnightMares, XLaserTrainBold, XLaserTrainPlain, XLastMinuteChess, XLeef Me Alone (leaf dingbats), XMMCheckered, XMMDrawings, XMMPattern, XMattsAnimalsOne, XMoreTexture, XPatColumRow, XPatCzeckerz, XPawnShop, XPhyngern (fists), XPointedDesert, XRoomingHouse, XSchneeFlaken (1995), XSchneeFlaken, XSchneeFlakenTwo, XSeederChess, XSeederChessSmall, XSimpleHands, XStarPieces, XStarsAndStripesOne, XStarsAndStripesTwo, XStellaStern, XStellaSternBright, XSternStellaNight, XTexturesOne, Xahosch, Xaltid, XaltidBold, XaltidPlain. The X fonts are predominantly dingbats.
- Y: YahoschBold, YahoschMedium, YahoschPlain, YahoschWormy, YngreEBStripe, Yngreena, YngreenaBold, YngreenaBoldItalic, YngreenaExtraBold, YngreenaItalic, YngreenaPlain, Youbee, YoubeeBold, YoubeeBoldItalic, YoubeeItalic, YoubeeShadow.
- Z: Zarrow-Regular, Zarrow, ZcriptBold, ZcriptPlain, Zebraw, ZebrawOS, ZimpleBlack, ZirkStressed, ZirkleOne-Bold, ZirkleOne-Regular, ZirkleOne, ZirkleOneBold, ZirkleOneRoman, ZumbelsburgBold, Zumbelsburg (blackletter, 1996).
Klingspor link. Dafont link. Abstract Fonts link.
View Robert Schenk's typefaces. View Ingrimayne's typeface library. [Google]
London-based designer of these hand-crafted typefaces in 2015: Newington (rough fat brush), Raid (rough brush), Evering, Stria, Buchanan (brush), Haight, Lytchett (hand-crafted blackboard bold), Jervis (sketched), Theydon, Quavery.
Typefaces from 2017: Blue Neon, CMYK (a color font), Popsicle (a color font), Emoji (a bitmap color font), Neon (a color OpenType font), Arrival (an arrival or departure signage font in colour OTF format).
Typefaces from 2018: Gold Foil (an SVG based opentype font). [Google]
Ivan Coellito Riverita
Designer in Fuenlabrada, Madrid, Spain, of the pixel typefaces Fractionss (2014), LCD Machine (2013, LED font), Pixel Unicode (2013), Minlozma (2013), Emoticones Tityly (2013) and Boldp (2013). All his typefaces were made with FontStruct. Facebook link. [Google]
[Black Fox Foundry]
James L. Stirling
Jason's Smiley Collection
Shows smilies. No fonts. [Google]
Prolific type designer in Florida, b. New York, 1952. His fonts were originally free and consisted largely of dingbats. Around 2005 he went commercial, and now sells his work (over 350 fonts as of 2009) via MyFonts. He has branched out into several font styles, with a soft spot for stencil fonts, fonts for signage, art deco, and fonts for advertising. Born in New York, his family moved to Florida in 1963, where he has been ever since.
An interview. Alternate URL. Yet another URL with his early free fonts. My pages on him. Dafont link. Abstract Fonts link. MyFonts link. Klingspor link. [Google]
[Jeff Levine: Dingbats and Alphadings]
Jeff Levine: Dingbats and Alphadings
Before 2006, Jeff Levine was mostly known for his free dingbats, having made over one hundred of them. He keeps making them, but now commercially, and less frequently. The list is long though:
- Dingbats: 50s Yesterdings, Action is the Sequel, ActionIsJL, Alpha Test, Another Dingbat Font JL, Antique Decorations JNL (2012), Antique Embellishments JNL (2009, nice 1800 style dings, including a great fist), Antique Ornaments JNL (2009), Antique Stencils JNL (2013), Apartment-Life-JL, Artsy Parts JL, Attention Getters JNL (2009), Auto-Store-JL, Bachelor Pad, Bank-Visit-JL, Bijou, Boat Decals JNL (2008, squarish), BookshelfTitlesJL, BottomsUp!JL, Buttons-and-Switches-JL, Carnival Days, Cartoon Cavalcade (2014), City-Signs-JL, Classic Clips JNL (2015), Clown Alley JNL (2009, clown typefaces), Cobb-Shinn-Stock-Cuts (7 fonts), Collected-Dings-JL, Columbia Shuttle Memorial Font (2003), CroakersJL, DecoPics, Decorative Arrows JNL (2011), Decorative Elements JL, Dekka Dense, Desk Draswer JNL (2010), Ding Dong Dingbats, Dingdangits JNL, Dingfont100JL, Dingits JNL (2009, flags), DiskettesJL, Doctor's-Dings-JL, Dont Bug Me JNL (2009), Double Nines JNL (2011, a domino tile font), Drug-Store-Items-JL, ElectricalItemsJL, Embossing Seals JNL (2014), Error-MessagesJL, Even More Dings JL, FloorTilePatternsJL, FontCollectingJL (2003), Frantic, FunInTheSunJL, Funny-Faces-JL, Fun Signs JNL (2013: comprises twenty-six humorous signs from a 1930s-era sales list of products manufactured by the Koehler Sign Company of St. Louis, Missouri), Geometric Patterns JNL (2013), GoingPostalJL, Got A Ding For You JL, Graphic Arts JL, Grocery-Items-JL, Handbill JNL, Handy Dandies JNL (2014: fists), Hurricane-Preparations-JL, Ink Spots JNL (2013), It's Your Ding JL, JeffreyPrintJL (8 fonts), JewishCultureJL, Kilroy Was Here JL (very funny), Law-and-Order-JL, Leathercrafter JNL, Letter Delivery JNL (2014), Letterpress Assistants JNL (2015), Letterpress Assortment JNL (2016), Letterpress Cuts JNL (2015), Letterpress Embellishments JNL (2014), Letterpress Illustrations JNL (2015), Letterpressers JNL (2015), Letterpress Extras JNL (2014), Letterpress Helpers (2014), Letterpress Nostalgics JNL (2015), Letterpress Ornamentals JNL (2014), Letterpress Pieces JNL (2015), Letterpress Retro JNL (2015), Letterpress Sorts JNL (2016), Letterpress Stock Cuts JNL (2015), Lifeline, LittleBalerina, Loung-Lizards-Lite-JL, Message Helpers JNL (2014), Messages&Memos JL, Militaria JNL (2014), Miscellany JNL (2012), Mixed Bag O' Dings JL, Monthly Calendar JNL, Mordings JNL (2010: this includes weather dings, snow dingbats, and a beautiful quill), More Antique Stencils JNL (2013), More Printing Helpers JNL (2010, has some fists), Mr.MuellerJL, Old Favorites JNL (2009, fists), One Ding After Another JL, Outer Space JL, OuterSpace, Picnics-&-Parties-JL, Pictora JNL (2009, dings), Point Made JNL (2011, fists and arrows), Point of Sale JNL (2013), Point Taken JNL (2009, fists), Price Tag JNL (2011), Print Art JNL (2013: contains nice fists), Print Assistants JNL (2013), Print Damosel (2013), Print Embellishments JNL (2013), Print Enhancers JNL (2013), Printers Assistants JNL (2015), Printers Decorations JNL (2015), Printers Choice (2014), Printers Dingbats JNL (2015), Printers Drawer JNL (2015), Printers Helpers JNL (2015), Printers Helpmates JNL (2014, with many fists), Printers Impressions (2014), Print Helpers JNL (2013), Printers Leftovers JNL (2013), Printers Lot JNL (2014), Printers Parts JNL (2013), Printers Pictures JNL (2014), Printers Playthings JNL (2014), Printers Playtoys JNL (2014), Print Promoters JNL (2015), Print Sellers JNL (2015), Printers Stock Cuts JNL (2015), Printers Stuff JNL, Print Illustrations JNL (2013), Printing Extras JNL (2009), Printing Press Cuts JNL (2013), Printing Press Designs JLN (2013), Printing Press Elements JNL (2013), Print Marks JNL (2013), Print Oddities JNL (2014), Print Partners JNL (2014), Print Shop Classics JNL (2013), Print Shop Cuts JNL (2015), Print Shop Delights JNL (2015), Print Shop Parts JNL (2012), Print Shop Relics JNL (2014), Print Shop Sorts JNL (2015), Print Shop Treasures JNL (2015), Print Spots (2013), Printy Things JNL (2013), Prismatiq JNL, Rail Line JNL (2014), Ranger Ray's Rocketeers JL, Remnants-JL, Remnant Sorts JNL (2011: contains many nice fists and plumes), Screen Scrawls JL, Sendit Safely JNL (2010), Service Men JNL (2015), Shinn Kickers (2014: after Cobb Shinn's cartoon characters), Shopping Center JL, Sign Helpers JNL (2009, a collection of silhouette images carefully redrawn from two distinct sources, the Webway sogn kits of the Holes-Webway Company of St. Cloud, MN, and the cling vinyl sign kits made in the 1950s and 1960s by the Joseph Struhl Company (now known as Magic Master Industries)), Silhouettes&StuffJL, Silly-Symbology-II, Silly-Symbology-JL, SimplerTimesJL, Sixties Pin Buttons JNL (2018), Sixties Symbols JNL (2009), SmallTalkJL, Son of the Bride of Foo JL, Star Time, Star Time 3 and 4, Star Time Too, Storm-Track-JL, Sunbursts JNL (2013), SunDings, Sundings2JL, SymbologicaJL (2003, has smilies), TaxingMomentsJL, TeeVeeSet, These Foolish Dings JL, Things-Collected-JL, TimePiecesJL, Toddler JNL, Top 40 JL, Trinkets JL, Tune Up JNL (2015: a musical symbol font), Typesetter Helpers JNL (2014), Typesetter Trinkets JNL (2014), Typesetter Treasures JNL (2014), Typesetter Ornaments JNL (2012), Type Toys JNL (2015), Type Warmers JNL (2015), Vintage Stencil Borders JNL (2016), Vintage Stencil Motifs (2014), VitaminShopJL, Whatzis JNL (2009, question marks), Winner-Take-All-JL.
- Alphadings: Looky Here JNL (2009, alphadings), Love Notes JNL (2011), Sensual Initials JNL (2009, alphadings after his own French Art Initials JNL), Suninitials JNL (2008: alphadings), Eurasian Stenciinitials JNL (2010).
[West Wind Fonts]
Designer in Albi and Toulouse, France, who created the didone display typeface Black Italic in 2014, and the blackletter Gothique, the wavy Dancing Font, Tape Font, Mosaique, the splendid Mono Gorille, Curiosité, the free geometric sans typeface Activitic, and the signage font Shibby in 2016.
In 2017, he designed Sharpness Grotesk.
Typefaces from 2018: Joplin (a free experimental pair of typefaces that play on positive and negative spaces), 518 (a free color font), Meta (a courageously named emoji-enriched free monoline rounded sans; I am sure that under pressure from FontShop, it was renamed 518 after a few weeks), Spectacle (free), Fracture (a free blackletter font). Behance link. Another URL. Yet another URL. [Google]
[Prototype-NY (was: Handcraftedfonts)]
Jordi Manero Pascual
Jakarta, Indonesia-based designer of the free brush script typeface Mona (2018) and the free squarish typeface Efesto (2018). Julian also designed several sets of icons, including Cleaning Icons, Travel Icons, and a set of emoticons. [Google]
Simone Giorgio (K-Projects, Varese, Italy; b.1985) is a Fontstructor who created the Western typefaces W Bill (2010) and K Bill (2009), which were inspired by an old Italian comic called Cocco Bill.
Simone wiorks as graphic and type designer
He also designed the octagonal Antique Angles (2009), the counterless Simple Pop (2010), Xetra (2009), Alfabeto (2010) and the 3d shadow typeface Shadow45 (2010).
In 2012, he created the Italian wood style typeface East Wood, and a beautiful rounded suarish mionospaced typeface called Monocolo. This typeface family comes with an icon and emoticon set. In 2014, Kprojects published the monospaced monoline programming font Monocolo and the Italian / Western typeface Rockwood.
Behance link. [Google]
Kaiser Zhar Khan
Kaiser Zhar Khan (b. 1980, Chile), aka Zanatilja, used to run a new defunct archive called True Type Fonts. He also designed many typefaces himself. The most famous among these is his free African-themed typeface South Afirkas 2100 (2009), which is downloadable from Dafont.
In 2012, he made Stickerman Bad Times, Rock X Start TFB, Aespiro TFB, Perspectivo TFB (3d face), Desgarvuda (textured face), Estancofida TFB (textured face), LEDisplay TFB, Restroom Signs TFB, Chinese Cally TFB, Discontinuo, Suast Ornad TFB (a textured face), Scoolar TFB (3d face), Katakana TFB, Hiragana TFB, Dragons TFB, Arrows TFB, Old Retro Keys TFB, Pycuaf, Pycuafodi, Dragon Ball TFB, Escaned (texture face), Chess TFB, Seagram TFB, Army Weapons TFB, Stamp Seal TFB, Logos TFB, Scripto TFB, Another Ornaments TFB, Vintage Auto Cars TFB, Simple (a monoline sans), Travesia TFB (information design dings), Music TFB (dingbats), Xmas Cartoon, Wings of Wind TFB, Mickey M TFB, Pincel Handwrite, Jigsaw Pieces TFB, Valentines Day TFB (heart dingbats), Proportional TFB (squarish sans), Stars TFB, Working Signs TFB, Signs Language TFB, Ornaments Labels and Frames, Snowflakes TFB, Christmas Nativity TFB, Chinese Zodiac TFB, Zodiac TFB, Only Skulls, Calendar Note TFB, Sports TFB (sports silhouettes), Old Retro Labels TFB, 11 Vator TFB, Xmas TFB (Christmas dings), Trees TFB, Clothing Logos TFB, Dirty Sweb, Can Dog TFB, Ornaments, Finger Print, Kitty Kats TFB, Batman Logo Evolution TFB, Light TFB (avant garde sans), Digital Display TFB (LED face), Skullx (dingbats), Tribal Tattoo (dingbats), Klingon, The Meme Font (dingbats), Rongorongo (a system of glyphs discovered in the 19th century on Easter Island), Strangferfixcs, Hotel Transilvania and Frankenwine.
Typefaces made in 2013: Pudahuel Sans, Variada TFB (simple circle-and-arc-based sans), Estorea TFB, New LED Board TFB, Rayada TFB (textured face), New Barcode Font TFB, Estrellas TFB (stars), Estrellass (sic) TFB, Spirits Dots Drinks, Mero Ornad TFB (fishnet textured), Toolz TFB, New Stencil TFB, Logocarsbats TFB, Caritons TFB (smilies), Illustrations TFB (scanbats), Edgebat TFB (knives), Crossbats TFB (crosses), Abstrec TFB (organic sans), Frames TFB, BitxMap Font TFB, Austera Simple TFB, Traffic Signs TFB, Extranger Sol TFB, Rifle Bats TFB, New X Digital TFB (LED typeface family), Dasgastada TFB, El Alambre TFB, Punk Not Dead TFB, Triangled TFB, Noxtrey Auf TFB, Cross LED TFB (+Bold), Cursi Extra TFB, Hearts Shapes TFB, Ornamentsss TFB, Eggfaces TFB, Orniste TFB, Shadded TFB (sic) (shadow face), Spoghetti Western (sic) (Italian Far West face), Groovy Font (shaded), Fireguns TFB (dingbats), Only Revolver TFB (dingbats), Aeg Flyon Now (condensed sans), Espinuda TFB, T1 Logoso TFB, Social Logos TFB, Hearts and Flowers for valentines, Astrology Astrological TFB, Ornametss TFB, Astrology TFB, Old Ornaments, Old Foundry Prints TFB, Old seals TFB, English Two Line TFB (pearly alphabet from 1796), Amame TFB (dot matrix face), Fontesda TFB (sketched face), Flowers Dots Bats TFB, Queen Destroy TFB, Bicycle TFB (dingbats), Stone Army, Ancient Weapons TFB, Numismatic Bats TFB, Elizabethan Initials TFB, Anome Ibul, Big Daddy LED, Mavole Sinpo TFB (spurred), Dowted Remix TFB (dot matrix face), QR Font TFB, Another Barcode, Display Free TFB (LED face), Cadabra Debilex, Initials TFB, Music Logos TFB, Toxic Waste TFB, Ornad Dentro TFB, Logos and Logos TFB, Amore Mio, Hearts Shapes TFB, Another X Display TFB (dot matrix), Pro Display TFB (dot matrix), Juino Net, Quiwo Luse TFB, Aliencons Two, Cargante TFB, News Board TFB, Aliencons TFB, Barcode TFB, Birthday Balon TFB, Birds TFB (silhouettes), Le Fish (fish silhouettes), Motos TFB, Love You Too TFB (Valentine's day font), LED LCD 123, Noteame (fat sans), Badopus TFB (monoline script), Estrellado TFB, Love You TFB (Valentine's Day font), Cubs LED TFB (LED / dot matrix typeface), Text Inside TFB (textured face), Kuwa Ronmcie Q (circle-based face), Zebra TFB, Distrogrunge TFB, Carillas TFB (smilies).
Another URL. [Google]
Kao-moji: Japanese emoticons (smilies), very different from their Western counterparts. No fonts here, but could someone please make one? [Google]
Born in Missouri in 1979, Kimberly moved first to Texas and later (in 2007) to China, and most recently, to Orlando, FL. She made some free fonts (often handwriting styles), and also ran a personal handwriting font service [those fonts have names that start with KGD]. MyFonts link. FontSquirrel link. Home page. Fontspace link. Dafont link. Fontsy link. Abstract Fonts link. Fontspring link. Klingspor link. Google Web Font Directory link. Creative Market link. Family home page. Her fonts, by year:
- 2007: The grunge typefaces XiaoGao, More-than-Enough, Eat More Chocolate, JoyfulJuliana (2007, and its Pro version, 2010), LoveYaLikeASister, Colourmepurple, KingcooLKC and You Are Loved (in 2009, Roger S. Nelsson completed it to You Are Loved Pro). She also made the handwriting typefaces Patient Paige, Promised Freedom, Xiao Gao, Complete in Him (made into a commercial Pro version by Roger S. Nelsson), Burst My Bubble (commercialized at CheapProFonts as Burst My Bubble Pro), JustMeAgainDownHere, Surrendered Heart, It Ain't Rocket Science (in 2010, Roger S. Nelsson made a Pro version at CheapProFonts), Sue-Ellen-Francisco, and the curly Jheri Curls and Tuna-and-Hot-Dogs-on-Rye.
- 2008: the handwriting typefaces Come Unto Me and Loved by the King.
- 2009: BattyGirl, Bina Bina, Lollipop, NeverLetGo, Scrogglet, Sunshine In My Soul, YooHaeMool, Celebrate The Day (extended by Roger S. Nelsson in 2009 to Celebrate The Day Pro), Mighty To Save, King Kool KC Pro (kid's hand; done with Roger S. Nelsson, CheapProFonts).
- 2010: Shelter Me (handwriting), Elizajane (handwriting), Written on his hands (handwriting), Contrary Mary (hand-printed), Shining Like Stars (hand-printed), Give You Glory, Nothing You Could Do, Who Needs Consistency, happyhanneke, Zeyada, He Formed My heart, Change Tomorrow Today, Frangipani Rose, Blocked Off, Throw My Hands Up In The Air, Indie Flower, You Wont Bring Me Down, Addis Ababa, Cedarville Pnkfun (1 Cursive, 1 Print), Swanky and Moo Moo, Husband of the Millennium, Soggy Kitten, The Truth of a Thousand Lies, Soli Deo Gloria, Annie Use Your Telescope, Waiting for the Sunrise, La Belle Aurore, Airplanes In The Night Sky Pro, Dawbing of a new day, Shadows into light (+Two), Covered by your grace, Architect's Daughter.
- 2011: A Safe Place to Fall, Shark in the Water, Architects Daughter (architectural lettering), A Year Without Rain, My Hands Are Holding You, Discover Beauty, Lavender Lime, Later Allie-gator, You Found Me, I missed you, Kate The Great, Pizza Is My Favorite, A Hundred Miles, Hanging by a thread, My Lucky Penny, Jar of hearts, Never grow up, My Lucky Penny, Beautiful Every Time, Never Say Never, Swanky and Moo Moo, Over the Rainbow, Sue Ellen San Francisco, Pineapple Delight, Viva La Vida, The Only Exception, Written in the stars, we are broken, The Only Exception, Brick by boring brick, She paints me blue, Beautiful every time, Jar of hearts, Dancing in the Minefields, My Hands are Holding You, You Found Me, Blessings through raindrops, Stars from our eyes, From where you are, Throw my hands up in the air, The great escape, Today I Feel (emoticons), Cedarville Cursive, Coming home, Learning to trust, Viva La Vida, Janda Siesta Sunrise, Janda Curlygirl Chunky, Janda Curlygirl Pop, Janda Sparkle and Shine, Janda Love and Rain, Janda Fabulous, Janda Capslock, Janda Siesta Sunset, Janda Snickerdoodle Serif, Janda Everyday Casual, Janda Curlygirl Serif (hand-printed blackboard bold font), Janda Curlygirl Chunky, Janda Romantic, Janda Scrapgirl Dots, Janda Quick Note, Talking to the moon, Set fire to the rain, KG Shadow of the day, Just realize, Ignite the light, Love ya like a sister, Loved by the king, Give you glory, KG small town southern girl, KG Shadow of the day, Gloria Hallelujah, KG Sunny Afternoon, KG Hope for a cure, Janda Polkadot, Janda Capslock, KG June Bug, KG Fall For You, KG Luck of the Irish, KG Domo Is My Favorite, Gloria Hallelujah, KG Love You Through It (2011), KG Shadow of the Night (2011), KG Keep Your Head Up (2011), KG Dancing on the rooftop (2011), KG Party on the Rooftop (2011), KG Like A Skyscraper, KG Mulally, KG God Gave Me You, KG Les Bouquinistes de Paris (neatly hand-printed), Janda Swirlygirl (curly), Janda Sparkle and Shine, Janda Lova and Rain (curly), The Great Escape, KG Legacy of Virtue, KG Sweet N Sassy, KG Legacy of Virtue, Just Realize, KG Like a skyscraper, Janda Christmas Doodles, Just Realize, Janda Everyday Casual, Janda Snickerdoodle Serif, Love Ya Like A Sister (sketch face), The Only Exception, KG Luck of the Irish, Janda Fabulous, KG God Gave Me You, KG You Wont Bring Me Down, Set Fire To The Rain, KG You Wont Bring Me Down, KG Mercy in the morning, KG Heart Doodles, KG Skinny Latte.
- Typefaces from 2012: Janda Apple Cobbler, Janda Swirly Twirly, Janda Manatee, Janda Polkadot (2012), Shadows Into Light (2012, architectural style: see Google Web Fonts), Never Let Go, Janda Spring Doodles, Beautiful every time, Janda scrapgirl Dots, Written in the stars, Nothing you could say, KG Ray of Sunshine, More than enough, A hundred miles, Waiting for the sunrise, Janda Safe and Sound, Janda Silly Monkey, Janda Quirkygirl (curly font), From where you are (paint brush face), KG Empire of Dirt, KG Strawberry Limeade, KG A Thousand Years, Janda Amazing Grace, Janda Happy Day, Janda Elegant Handwriting (connected script), KG Somebody that I used to know, KG Kiss me slowly (curly), KG Call me maybe, KG Two is better than one, KG Ten Thousand Reasons, KG Beautiful Ending (grunge), KG Payphone (a nice cleanly hand-printed typeface), Janda Shine Your Light On Us, KG Beautiful Ending, KG Ten Thousand Reasons (chalkboard font), KG Only Hope, KG Eyes Wide Open (connected script), KG All Things New (high-contrast script face), KG Change This Heart (monolined and informal), Janda Stylish Script, KG Be Still and Know, KG Seven Sixteen, KG This is not goodbye, Janda Someone Like You, KG One Thing, KG I Like To Move It, KG Makes You Stronger, Janda As Long As You Love Me, KG The Fighter, KG Chasing Pavements (textured typeface), KG Always a Good Time, KG Grace for Today, KG Turning Tables (brush script), KG Falling Slowly, KG One More Night, KG Attack of the Robots, KG Ways to Say Goodbye (an upright script---one of her best typefaces to date), KG Janda Truly Madly Deeply, Janda Closer To Free, Ignite The Light, Janda Cheerful Script, Janda Hide and Seek, Janda Flower Doodles (a very useful dingbat set), Janda Celebration Script (swashy script), KG What the teacher wants, KG True Colors (connect-the-dots font), KG True Colors, Janda Closer to Free (chunky script), KG How Many Times, KG Behind These Hazel Eyes, KG Lego House (monoline rounded sans), KG Covered by your grace, KG Follow you into the world, KG Dark Side, KG Part of Me (neatly printed typeface), KG Begin Again, KG Cold Coffee, KG Something To Believe In (a stamped font).
- Typefaces from 2013: KG The Last Time, KG Feeling 22, Today I Feel (smilies), KG Primary Penmanship (a very clean rounded hand-printed typeface), KG Teacher Helpers (dingbats), KG Fractions (geometric dingbats), KG Flavor and Frames, KG Primary Dots (school font), KG Build A Game, KG Faith Hope and Love, KG As The Deer, KG Just Give Me A Reason, KG Girl on Fire, KG Daylight, KG I Want Crazy, KG Flavor and Flames Two, KG Flavor and Flames Three, KG Flavor and Flames Four, KG Flavor and Flames Five, KG Skinny Love, KG Traditional Fractions, KG Hard Candy, KG Alphabet Regurgitation, KG Second Chances (sketched typeface), KG Math Bar Models, KG Next to You (sketched typeface), KG Next to Me (+Sketched), KG Love Somebody, KG Beneath Your Beautiful, KG Primary Italics (school font, lined and regular), KG Wake Me Up (typewriter type), KG A Little Swag, KG Royals, KG What Does The Fox Say, KG Drops of Jupiter, KG Let Her Go, KG Why You Gotta Be So Mean, KG Tangled Up In You (sketched typeface), KG Chasing Cars, KG Melonheadz, KG Let Her Go (+outline and athletic lettering styles), KG By The Grace of God, KG Counting Stars, KG Christmas Trees, KG Bless Your Heart.
- Typefaces from 2014: KG Summer Sunshine, KG Say Something, KG I and Love and You, KG Corner of the Sky (rounded Comic Sans lookalike), KG All of Me (letterpress emulation), KG Flavor and Frames Six, KG Flavor and Frames Seven, KG Happy, KG First Time In Forever, KG Defying Gravity (white on black letters), KG When Oceans Rise, KG Summer Sunshine (shaded and arched poster lettering), KG Primary Whimsy, Janda Stylish Monogram, KG Modern Monogram, KG Already Home, KG Only Human, KG Miss Kindergarten, KG Arrows, KG No Regrets, KG Broken Vessels Sketch (sketched typeface), KG Manhattan Script, KG I Need A Font, KG Shake It Off, KG All of the Stars, KG-I-Need-A-Heart-Font, KG Red Hands (plump rounded sans), KG Blank Space (a typeface with metallic texture), KG Thank You Stamp, KG Tribeca Stamp, KG Candy Cane Stripe.
Typefaces from 2015: Janda Stylish Script, KG Chelsea Market Script, KG Adipose Unicase, KG Geronimo Blocks, KG Miss Speechy IPA (covers the entire phonetic alphabet), KG Thinking Out Loud, KG Tightrope, Kg Pdx Bridgetown, KG Camden Market Script (watercolor brush), KG Neatly Printed, KG PDX Blocks, KG Summer Storm, KG A Teeny Tiny Font, KG Piece By Piece, KG Sorry Not Sorry.
Typefaces from 2016: KG Miss Kindy Collection, KG Satisfied Script, KG Who Tells Your Story, KG Life Is Messy, KG Inimitable Original, KG Eliza Schuyler Script.
Typefaces from 2017: KG Compassion, KG Eliza Schuyler Script, KG Inimitable Original, KG She Persisted, KG Rise UP.
Typefaces from 2018: KG Crossing a Line, KG Do You Love Me, KG One More Light, KG Laughter Lines.
Creative Market link. Google Plus link. [Google]
The font Kip_ReMT (or Kip_Resp) by Kip Panesar (from Calgary, Alberta) was made in 1998. It has some symbols for mathematics, but looks like a strange smorgasbord of glyphs taken from Times, Symbol, and a few other fonts. It has smilies, but no delta and no epsilon, strange. [Google]
Kuzu@Fonts (or: Dusthome, or: Dust Fonts)
Hiroshi Kuzumi's site with original fonts made between 2000 and 2004. It includes interesting families (DustDemonBold, DustDot, DustDotmanBold, DustHomeManMedium, DustHomeMedium, DustMonstersMedium, Electrofied, KuzuGoLight, KuzuMeltLight, KuzuMeltMedium, KuzuBlock, KuzuDot) consisting of letter-shaped smilies. Commercial font at FRONTLINE 01: Dust Ghost (2002). Dafont link. Fontspace link. [Google]
Le Thi Thu Huong
Hanoi, Vietnam-based designer (b. 1990) of the clean connected handwriting font Haiku's Script (2011), and of the chalk typeface Quinquennial (2012).
In 2012, he made the connected script typeface Simplesnails, the grungy typefaces Humble Wall and HKH Old Glyphs, the facial expression dingbat typeface Simplesymbol, Yore Script, and HKH Spring Buds.
Typefaces from 2013: Long Time No See Sam, Jump Burn IP, Old Bookshop HK (grungy script), Can't Write Quickly in Winter (a 504-glyph Latin / Vietnamese connected script).
Typefaces from 2014: Stretch Out Your Fingers (crayon font), Seeds of Yesterday, Into The Wild, Erase Old Year, Can't Judge a Book by its Cover, Words are but wind, Quick Pick your Hat, Looking Forward to the week-end, Go Around The Books (+Arrows, +Symbols), HKH Cold Cactus, Mini Smile (smilies), Nunanunong, Long Clam, Trips of Darkness, 24Boughs Different Regular, 24 Bough Regular, Bikinny Demo, When You're Gone (brush face).
Typefaces from 2015: Grey World, Overthink, Thank you Drf (script), Many a Little Makes a Mickle (dot matrix font).
Typefaces from 2016: Baragaki (barbed wire font), Before I Fall.
Fontspace link. Behance link. Devian Tart link.
Aka Poemhaiku. [Google]
Creator of the clean hand-printed typeface Lecture (2011, iFontMaker) and of Casual (2011), Blockie (hand-printed outline face), Smiles (smilies and hearts on top of letters), and Luli. [Google]
German designer of the display typeface Linotype Typentypo (2002, part of TakeType 4), Linotype Creatures (2002), Linotype Improfil Outline and Black (2002, profiles of funny typefaces), Linotype Smileface, Linotype Maenneken (2002), and Linotype Astrolo (2002, hand-drawn astrological symbols).
FontShop link. Klingspor link. [Google]
German designer at xplicit Berlin. Codesigner of Brush Poster Grotesk (2017, a fun semi grungy typeface designed for the children's exhibition 1,2,3 Kultummel from Labyrinth Kindermuseum Berlin by xplicit, Berlin (Annette Wüsthoff, Alexander Branczyk and Mascha Wansart) and Manuel Viergutz; loaded with glyphs and decorative extras like arrows, dingbats, emojis, symbols, geometric shapes, catchwords and decorative ligatures). [Google]
Canadian designer of Vector Flower Alphabet (2016), an all caps font in Adobe Illustrator format, as well as Blue Emojis (2016).
Typefaces from 2017: Yoga Silhouettes (icons), Ghoul, Bloom, Make Your Mark (marker pen font). Creative Market link. [Google]
Nathalie de Guzman
Creator of SQcon (2010, a pixel typeface with smilies), Yunapixel (2009), Nayupixel (2009, pixel face). Home page. Aka Nathalie Nadja. [Google]
Michal Nowak (b. 1994, aka Neoqueto) is the Koszalin, Poland-based designer who used FontStruct in 2009 to make the horizontal stripe typeface Mastercore (+Laddered), Cut The Paper (arched face), Vision Division (techno), Axis (condensed pixel face), PixelIconix (emoticons), Mionta (2010, futuristic; FontStruct), Stencil 4000 (2010, FontStruct), Auricom (futuristic), Vision Of Division, the broken marble typeface Sector 017 (grunge---followed in 2011 by Sector 034), Tetraminos, Sinclair Logo, the beveled Mekotek, Pictograms Audio, and the extended square typeface Mechion.
In 2010, he created the computer game fonts ET Pixel Mark 1, 2 and 3, as well as the techno fonts Sinclair Logo, 4KSTNCL (techno stencil), LDR Dream (futuristic), LDR HAET (counterless), LDR#2, LDR#3, LDR#6, LDR Manufacture (circle-based geometric face), DOT/LED Scope and DOT/LED Illumination. Monolithic is modular to the extreme. Safe Plastelina (2010) is a soft experimental face.
In 2011, he added LDR Hexatron, LDR #8, Sector 034, Microfuture (octagonal sci-fi face) and Hexample LDR (hexagonal).
Typefaces from 2013: Walker Bot LDR, Synthek LDR, Kleen Blades LDR, Scary Glyphs & Nice Characters, LDR#1, nakki LDR, Tegma, Segment Rush LDR, LDR Hextaron, LDR Kaet, Spray Me (stencil), Terminal LDR, Proto LDR, Sampa LDR, Kasual Bloks LDR, Drum and Bass LDR, Pink Has Gone Extinct, Darktech LDR (stencil face), Affection LDR, Hextremum LDR, Hexotic LDR.
Typefaces from 2014: Mapper Kit, Charmest (horizontally striped), Corruptor Clean LDR, Corruptor LDR, Critical Mass LDR, 2589 LDR, LDR2, Eurosteal (+big Caps: modeled after Eurostile), Mapper Kit (dingbats), She Stole The Night (multilined art deco font), Track Mania (based on an online racing game by Nadeo).
Most of his typefaces are modular and can be categorized as techno or sci-fi.
Dafont link. Abstract Fonts link. [Google]
Yoshi Sodeoka and Nicole Spickler made the free Smilly "smilies" font in 1995.
Toyware (dingbats). [Google]
BA (Hons) Graphic Design student in his final year at Leeds College of Art in 2011. He lives in London. Creator, also in 2011, of a typeface for use as the identity for singer songwriter Emily White. Poster of type typefaces (2011).
Behance link. [Google]
At Omegatype in Champaign, IL, Ryan Neaveill designed BTP-Baby-Bl, Baby-Blocks, Bamboo (oriental simulation), Funny-Face (smilies), I-Ching, Musicfun, Ryan's-Rotten-Writing. His fonts are not on these pages though, but they are on various archives. His Playing Cards font can be found at Fontastic, Uncle Bear's, or Fontazm.
Dafont link. Aka Creative. Fontspace link. [Google]
After45, BerlinSansFB-Bold, BerlinSansFB-Reg, ComicSansMS, Eclipse, FreestyleScriptThin, GlowwormMN, PoorRichard-Regular, WillHarris, SmileyfaceFont3. [Google]
[Tracer Tong (was: WhoAmI Type&Design)]
Prototype-NY (was: Handcraftedfonts)
Original fonts, clip art, signature fonts by New Yorker (and ex-Philadelphian) Jonathan Macagba, and Gregory La Vardera. Macagba used to run Handcraftedfonts, then Adcrobatics, and finally Prototype-NY. Most fonts are shareware. Look for Weather (great weather icons), Dotleaders, Talkballoons, Starburst, Rulesfont, Smileyface, MostlyWaves, MorseCodeFont, MetrolinerCaps (1994, Handcraftedfonts Co: an inline caps typeface), Instantlogo, Hobofont, Handyfont, Logofont, Freudfont, and Buncholines. Original, and high-quality creations!
Jonathan also made commercial fonts available via Phil's Fonts, such as the interesting Murder Mystery Font, EdoFont (great Japanese decoratives), Frankenfont, Frankenfont Careers, FunToUseFonts, HF American Diner (a 3d shadow typeface), Broadstreet, Exposition, Antique Row, Doodle, Libris (great!!!), Edofont (Japanese crests), Newgarden (more!!), and Poster.
At Umbrella Type, he published Exposition and Exposition Rounded (2004, a type revival influenced by an Italian poster designed by Leopoldo Metlicovitz in 1906 for the opening of the Simplon Tunnel), Libris (2004, a great and very clean revival of a 12th century Spanish script), and Poster (2004, partially influenced by Egon Schiele's hand-lettered poster for the 1918 Vienna Secession. He also makes custom fonts, logos and signatures.
Dafont link. Klingspor link. FontShop link. [Google]
Xpresshuns is a group project in a Corel Draw class. The group, which is headed by Ressearcher, includes Esther, Georgia, Gerry, Isis, Jason, Laren, Matthew, Mark, Perry, Robert, Vassilios and Yi-Wen. Fonts made in 2003: CaveArt (animal dingbats), Xpresshuns (smilies). [Google]
Robert E. Leuschke
[Cannot Into Space Fonts]
[Ingrimayne Type (was: The Bovine Rebellion)]
Japanese pixel typeface designer, who created KS-FaceMark24 (smilie dingbats), KS-Nanorin06, KS-NanorinOutline08, KS-PetitDot08, KS-PetitDotOutline10_1, KS-PetitHeart08, KS-PetitHeart10, KS-PetitHeartOutline10_1, KS-PetitHeartOutline10_2, KS-PetitHeartOutline10_3, KS-PetitHeartOutline10_4, KS-PetitHeartOutline10_5. Dated 2005. Alternate URL. Fontspace link. Klingspor link. [Google]
Links about smilies. [Google]
A free orphaned truetype font made in 2002. [Google]
Chilean designer of the Easter dingbat fonts Easter Eggs ST (2014) and UnTaRot ST (2014). Other free typefaces from 2014 include Shapes St, Stupenda ST, Grafeno (connect-the-dots), Puente Estrecho (hairline), Tipo Capital, Cuadrada (dot matrix style), Apurado Royitto (arched typeface), Brillante, Novation Box, Rudasteria, Presidiario (horizontally striped typeface), Puente Nuevo, Rockmia ST (a glaz krak face), Boceto ST (outlined typeface), Puente Bueno ST, Open 24 Display ST (LED font), Iniciales ST, Floreada ST, Concadenado ST, Phantom ST, Santiago Sans ST, Es La Dura WN ST, Ledsitex ST, Imnova ST, Cinema ST, Cathedral ST, And Run ST (textured caps typeface), Older ST (textured face), Asrelurio ST, Hearts ST, Other Display ST (LED font), Salpicado ST, Adornada ST, Extragna Rara ST, Fichas ST, LED Simple ST (dot matrix font), Dominos ST, News Papers, Our Display ST (LED emulation), Lineal Simples ST, Cuadradex Simple ST (hexagonal face), Edournida ST (a textured typeface), Tripleled ST (dot matrix), Bicolors ST, Absolutamente Rou ST, Flowers ST, Leders (dot matrix), Old Computer ST, Rounded Display ST, Lediz (dot matrix face), Alien Faces ST, Westranga (textured), Rostros y Emociones (smilies), Filligrees and Ornaments ST, Demionatibu and Cube Face ST.
Typefaces from 2015: Shapes ST (kaleidoscopic ornaments), Questra Extra ST.
Typefaces from 2016: Viexa Barbuda, Justo St, Mala Vida St, Hypnossia St (textured), Boulding Work St (textured), Hand Faces St, Astronomic Signs St, Alien Bats St, Snowflakes St, The Misty South, Discotheque St (trilined), Qualentaro Wallmapu St (textured), New Russia 2108 St (Cyrillic emulation typeface), Comics of South, Puntiyisca (textured), Calendulia (textured), The LED Display dot matrix style), My Older Life St, Xmasbats St, Merry Xmas St (alphadings), The Guns Smoke St, Cubox 3D St, Mr Techly St, Coming Soon St (movie font), Old Burlesque St, The Neckbreaker St, Big Daddy St, Chinese Wok Food St (oriental simulation type), Extra Gro St (3d, outlined), Halloween Scare St, Humongous of Eternity St, La Que Cuelga St, Litle Simple St, Metalo Of South St, Mostera St, My Valentine Now St, Panda Power St, Pumpkin Halloween St (pumpkin alphadings), Shadded of South, Sheriff of South St, The Flaggy St, Big Daddy St, Digital Play Hollow St, Digital Play Italic St (LED font), Digital Play St (LED font), Happy Balloon St (alphadings), Humongous of Eternity St, Notarized Openly Script Oblique, Notarized Openly Script St (comic book style), Panda Power St, Sheriff of South St, Antique Quest St, Blockys St (3d blocks), Comely St, Data Cards St, Don Moise St, Jackdaws Love St, Maxter Board St (dot matrix), Moderna Disco St, Pointed Laid St (dot matrix), Recoleta Sans St, SS Barracuda St (a great grungy style), Score Board St (dot matrix), Second Flowers St, The Drunked Man St, The Flowers St, The Inbox St, The Outbox St, Thempo New St, And Love st, Another Faces St, DhonJako St, DoubLe CoLor St, EasterFont St, Granite Rock St, Monster oF South Hollow St, Monster oF South St Italic, Monster oF South St, Satanyc Demoniac St, Tenebrous St, The South Flag St, UltraLED St, Halloween Party St, The Display St (LED font), Good Idea St (alphadings), Mi Nuevo Display St (dot matric), Otra Mas Stf, Fantasmytas St (alphadings), Urban Tribal STF, Foontastica St, Del Recuerdo St, Cuadritos St, I Love St (Valentine's Day alphadings), Eskimporce VSF (textured).
Typefaces from 2017: The Quick Frog St, Shadded South St (shadow font), Consequad St, Warmerous St, The Bad Times St, The Jack Brown St (multilined), Alphin Merytous St, News Board St, Eat at Joe's St (marquee font), Any Meritous St, The Quick South St, Kasquiwane St, Jux Kadabra St, Flowered, It's Scary Now, Cooler South, Icons South, Glass & Bottles (dingbats), Squarex (octagonal).
Typefaces from 2018: New Led Display St, My Display St (LED font), Petroleum St (grunge), Blade Gunner 2049 St. [Google]
Speyer, Germany-based designer of Tearz (2015), a dingbat font with tear-shaped smilies. Dafont link. Behance link. [Google]
Designer of the smilie-style dingbat typeface Aaron (2006). [Google]
The Computer Graphics Site
[George Edward Purdy]
Two futuristic fonts by George Edward Purdy, Cyberspace (based on the font used in the 1998 MTV awards) and Robotech (from the TV series by that name), Cartoonist Kookie, as well as Emoticons (2000).
Fontspace link. Dafont link. Abstract Fonts link. [Google]
The Dingbat Depot
Dingbat archive. Subcategories include animals, business, creative, floral, funky, machines, outer space, people, and sports. The people subpage has the smilie font Expressionism (Jeff Levine). I do not like the fact that they are making money from commercial links off free dingbat fonts---for example, they carry mine without ever having asked me. I would have agreed to it if they had stayed non-commercial, but now I feel violated. [Google]
Based in Montpellier, France, Thomas Boucherie designed the dingbat typefaces Ghost Smileys (2009), Punk Smileys (2009), thomasboucherie (2007), thomasboucherie3 (2008), Pictoserie 5 (2009, Pingbats), pictoserie 6 (2011, dingbats), Poulpi (2011, octopi), Piou (2011, ducklings), Pucca (2004, Japanese dolls), Thomas1 (2007) and Thomas (2007).
In 2012, he created Toy Cloud, Pictoserie 7, Kawai Medical (medical dingbats), Square Face, the rhombic typeface Iddi Head, and the dingbat typefaces Animal Kai, Kawaii Eyes, Kokeshi Kawaii, Mustache, Polynesian Etua (dingbats), Kawaii Food II, Pirats (sic) (pirate dingbats), LaLinea Sea (sea dingbats), Toy Kars, Galaxia, and Bow.
Typefaces from 2013: Toy Stum, Dead Head, Nox One, Mix One.
He also has icon sets.
In 2013, Thomas set up a second identity, that of the Swiss woman Maelle Keita.
Dafont link. Another Dafont link. And another link. Abstract Fonts link. Old URL. [Google]
Thomas Davis (Manchester, UK) is a web designer. Behance link. He created Apostrophaces (2011), which is a set of smilies with eyes taken from the quotes of various typefaces. [Google]
Budapest-based creator (aka Frodo 7) in 2009 at FontStruct of FontMoot 01 (pixel face), Brego, Magor (minimalist, De Stijl typeface), Andromeda Strain, Elrond (Tengwar font), Oil Stencil, Optill 2A and 2B and 3A and 3B (optical illusion fonts), Rivendell (Celtic weaving), Cubeology (patterned cubes), The Two Towers, Mike Wazowski (emoticon face), Edoras Stencil, Elessar, Earendil, LE Meta (dot matrix), Coccinella (dot matrix), +Two, +TwoB, Picosec, Picosec Rounded (ultra fat retro), Palindrome, Valimar, Fundin Eco, Fundin Regular, Lost Entropy (series of rectangular fonts), Bombs and Men (2009, modular and blocky), Eärendil, Chromosomes, Denethor-Sans (octagonal), Edoras-, Elspeth-, Elspeth-Grey, FontMoot-01 (pixel face), French-Defence-v2 (chess font), French-Defence (chess font), Gilgalad-v2, Gilgalad (octagonal), Hommage-a-Escher-LC1, Hommage-a-Escher-LC2, Legolas-Codex-Stencil, Legolas-Codex (blackletter family), Legolas-Stencil (+v2; art nouveau style), Mirkwood-Regular and Mirkwood Outline (pixel typefaces), Nimrodel-FS, Faramir (gridded), Faramir Black (octagonal, mechanical), Elessar, Vertebrae, Etudes Pour Noir et Blanc (01, 02, 02 Vertebrae), Eomer FS, Karyotype (horizontal stripes), Snooker Ball, Aragorn, Mirkwood Nano (pixel face), Mirkwood Second Iteration, Mirkwood First Iteration, Haldir (pixel face).
Creations in 2010: Hasta Siempre (military stencil), Hasta Siempre Supplement (Fontstruct rendering of the iconic photograph of Che Guevara by Alberto Korda), Belfalas, Fractal Font, Sierpinski White, Sierpinski Black, Sierpinski Dalmatian, Remolino Stencil, Boikot Stencil, Legolas Pixel, Brego, Vortices (dings), Gamling, Coccinella Two (+B), Cyrillic 02, Waves, Hommage à Escher v2 extLat.
Creations in 2011: Midori Dot (2011, a dotted kana face), Sierpinski Black Initials (a stunning decorative caps typeface based on Sierpinski triangles), Fontstructivism (constructivist Latin/Cyrillic face), Sierpinski White Initials, Vasarely Squares (experimental---letters based on Victor Vasarely's work), Hurin (counterless, created after Nagasaki by Tom Muller), Strider (an optical illusion 3d multilined face), Dot Dot White (texture face), Dot Dot Black (texture face), Garamond Italic SP (a pixelized version of Garamond Italic), Rohan (+NE01, +NE03: a textured lined 3d logotype family, +NE04, +NE10), Gray Scale (a very interesting texture experiment in which gray scales are "simulated" by simple font mechanisms).
Fonts made in 2012: Font Neuf, Khazad (stencil font), Oktogon Stencil, Oktogon Outline, Thorin Stencil (army stencil), Deagol Stencil.
Typefaces from 2013: the Voxelstorm family (3d, Escher-style), Elendil (3d face), Denethor Sans (strong mechanical sans), Mirkwood Nano (pixel face), Waves (op art).
Typefaces from 2014: Wrath of Mordor (video game font), Gray Scale, Luthien Pixel (blackletter pixel), Gimli (Bevel Black, Inline Shadow, Inline, Bevel Shadow, Shadow), Zebroid, Hunor, Denethor Sans v2, Vasarely Squares (op-art), Waves (op-art), Ecthelion, Hast Siempre (octagonal stencil).
FontStruct link. [Google]
[Divide by Zero (or: DBZ Fonts)]
Tracer Tong (was: WhoAmI Type&Design)
Beautiful original fonts (freeware, shareware) by Glasgow-based Paul Reid, aka Tracer Tong. A partial list: Vannoidyk (2012, techno), Xiaxide (2012, circuit simulation typeface), Cursed Law (2012, grunge), Pixcel (2012), Ablattive (2012), Scratch To Reveal (2011), Techno Hideo (2011), High Score Hero (2011, horizontally striped glyphs), Hunter Squared (2011, a sci-fi typeface based on the movie The Predators), Nioc tresni (2011, dot matrix face), Lightman (2011, texture/[ixel family), Coalition (2010, a charcoal face), OhMyGod, Stars&Moons, Arrgh, Blokk, BulletHolz, DriftTypeSolid, DriftType, Emoticons, Encounter, FilmStrip, LiandriBETA, MatrixSchedule, OhMyGodStarsMoons, PixelBlock, Serifsy, TroubledGenius, WhereCracksAppear, ZX Font Pack (pixel typefaces), Dyers Eve, DecayedOptical, DirtyHead, DumbAss, Fade2Back, GameLogos (2003), HobbesFriend, InvisibleKiller, Obliquo, OhMyGodStars, Stryx, VenetiaMonitor, Gothikka, MedicationNeeded, Recognition, RecognitionNekkid, SeeTheBeast, Shredded, SirClive, Sucaba, WhatPossUse, ZX81, ZXSpectrum, Rekkoy (font with embedded Morse code), Staley (Alice in Chains), Abstrakt (nice!), Pliskin Snake Eyes (2006, a John Carpenter movie credit font), Top Billing (2006), Unrealised (2008), Steel Tongs (2006, an adaptation of Larabie's Steelfish), Playstation Buttons, Dirtyhead, Dumbass, Fenix Blackleter Caps (2011), Fade2Back, Gothikka, HobbesFriend, Invisible Killer (1997), Luggerbug, (the Gallahad inspired font) Mordred, Recognition (a barcode type font), See the Beast (crosshaired letters), ZX-Spectrum Keyboard, Steeltongs, Stigmata (this will be a classic display font!), DropCaps, Springfield Mugshots (dingbats), Intergalactic Megastar (2007, based on Digital Strip by Blambot), Jacinto Sans (2009, grungy typeface based on the titles for Gears of War), Universal-Accreditation (2006, condensed sans).
At Dafont, we find these fonts: BulletHolz, Coalition, DriftType-Solid, DriftType, DropCapsSans, DropCapsSerif, DumbAss, Dymeda, Gothikka, InvisibleKiller, JacintoSans, LiandriBETA, LuggerBug, MedicationNeeded, Obliquo, OhMyGodStars, PhatBoySlim-Bold, PhatBoySlim-BoldItalic, PhatBoySlim-Italic, PhatBoySlim, PhatboySlim Rough, Phatboy Slim College, PlaystationButtons, SeeTheBeast, Serifsy, Shredded, SpringfieldMugShots, Spyh, Sucaba, TroubledGenius, UniversalAccreditation-Italic, UniversalAccreditation, Unrealised, USPF Liberty (2018: a starship font), VenetiaMonitor, ZX81, ZXSpectrum.
Links: Typoasis site. Mirror site. Alternate page. Dafont link. Dafont link #2. Fontspace link. Klingspor link. Abstract Fonts link. [Google]
[Robert E. Leuschke]
Rob Leuschke was born in and lives in St. Charles, MO. A former lettering artist at Hallmark Cards (1983-1987), Rob Leuschke had his own design businesses, Alphabytes, and set up TypeSETit in 2004. He earned a BFA in graphic design at the University of Missouri at Columbia, and started freelancing in 1987. Rob has created over 250 custom typefaces. In addition, he made tens of calligraphic and other script typefaces. Ambiance BT is Rob's first typeface. Also, early on, he created the free emoticon font AairChat (1995).
An incomplete list of his creations: AlexBrush, Cherish, Ephesis, Hurricane, Ingrid Darling, Inspiration, Jackie-O, Licorice, Kolker Brush (2004, Western version of Japanese calligraphy), Love, Neanderthaw, Ruge Boogie (2004), Saliere, Send Flowers, Updock, Whisper, TheNautiGal (2006, connected script), Water Brush, Love Light, Passions Conflict, Mea Culpa, Beau Rivage, Good Vibrations (the commercial version of his free font Great Vibes), Lovers Quarrel, GrechenFuemen, Moon Dance, MsMadi, Lavishly Yours, Bonheur Royale (2005), Fuzzy Bubbles, LA Heat (2005), Qwigley ROB (2005), Vujah Day, he added Kings Honor (2006), Kings Quest (2006), Kings Dominion (2006), RUSerius (2007, curly handwriting), QwitcherBychen (2007, calligraphic), Arizonia (2007, calligraphic, based on lettering seen on a truck), Road Rage ROB (2008, grunge), GreyQo (2008, calligraphic), FleurDeLeah (2008, flowery calligraphic), MySoulOne (2008), MooLahLah (2008, cow-spotted letters), SassyFrassROB (2008, calligraphic).
MyFonts sells Alex Brush, Allison, Ambiance BT, ITC Arid (1997), Arizonia, Babylonica (2008, a great connected brushy script), Beau Rivage, Bilbo, Bilbo Swash Caps (2011, Google Web Fonts), Bonheur Royale, Caramel (Crunch, Candy, Nuggets), Carattere, Cherish, ITC Chivalry, Corinthia (calligraphic but with slope errors on some connections such as between "o" and "r"), Ephesis, FleurDeLeah, Fuzzy Bubbles, Good Vibrations (2003), Grapenuts, Great Vibes (2012, Google Web Fonts), GrechenFuemen, GreyQo, Gwendolyn, Holiday Font, Hurricane, Imperial Script, Ingrid Darling, Inspiration, Jackie O, Kings, Kolker Brush, LA Heat, Lavishly Yours, Licorice, Love Light, Lovers Quarrel (since 2012 at Google Web Fonts), Mea Culpa, MooLahLah, Moon Dance, Ms Madi, MySoulOne, Neonderthaw, Oh Ley, Oooh Baby, Passions Conflict, Petemoss, Qwigley, QwitcherBychen, RoadRage, Roelandt BT (2002), RUSerius, Ruthie (2003), Saliere, SassyFrass ROB, Send Flowers, Shalimar, Square Peg, Tapestry, TheNautiGal, Twinkle Star, Updock, VujahDay, Water Brush, and Whisper.
Fonts made in 2009 at P22: Babylonica, RobsPickles, RoadRage, QwitcherBychen, the Caramel family (including Crunch, Candy, Nuggets). In 2009, he also published Italianno ROB.
Typefaces made in 2010: Allura (see Google Web Fonts), Estonia Nouveau (based on calligraphy by Villu Toots), Estonia Regular, Estonia Swash, Island Moments, Neon Derthaw (neon light face).
Typefaces from 2011: Robs Pickles, Waterfall, Monte Carlo (formal script), Genos (anthroposophic; includes Cherokee), Bilbo (free at Google Web Fonts), Playball (free connected signage or baseball script face at Google Web Fonts).
Designs from 2012: Fuggles, Explora (a delicate calligraphic script face).
Typefaces from 2013: Style Script.
Typefaces from 2014: Praise Pro (signage script), Ise Sport (flared font).
Typefaces from 2015: Festive, Luxurious, Luxury script, Comforter, WindSong (a connected script, not to be confused with the famous calligraphic script Windsong (1998, Bright Ideas), Alumni Sans (an organic sans family with large x-height; +Collegiate, +Inline).
Typefaces from 2016: Glory (an organic sans family), Glory, Hurricane (connected script family).
Typefaces from 2017: Splash (ink splatter script), American Calligraphic, Smooch (brush script), Smooch Sans.
Typefaces from 2018: Angeletta (at Monotype), Meow Script. In August 2018, he published his Smorgasbord series: Grape Nuts, Ingrid Darling, Lavishly Yours, Kings Honor, Kings Quest, Kings Dominion, Moon Dance One, Moon Dance Two, Ms Madi, My Soul, Pickles, RUSerius, Send Flowers, Tapestry, Vujahday Plain, Vujahday Script, Vujahday Flourish. [Google]
Unicode Fonts for Ancient Scripts
This is a fantastic source of free high-quality fonts for scripts of the greater Aegean vicinity, Egyptian Hieroglyphs, Meroitic, Sumero-Akkadian Cuneiform, Musical Symbols and all Symbol Blocks in the Unicode Standard. George Douros is their Greek font designer. His free fonts come with this exemplary footnote: In lieu of a licence: Fonts in this site are offered free for any use; they may be opened, edited, modified, regenerated, posted, packaged and redistributed. Many of his fonts contributed to important section in the GNU Freefont project. Here is the list:
- Abidos (2018). An attempt to catalogue about 8000 Egyptian hieroglyps. His Nilus font (2018) catalogues the Gardiner hieroglyphs.
- Aegean (2007-2012). Covers Basic Latin, Greek and Coptic, Greek Extended, some Punctuation and other Symbols, Linear B Syllabary, Linear B Ideograms, Aegean Numbers, Ancient Greek Numbers, Ancient Symbols, Phaistos Disc, Lycian, Carian, Old Italic, Ugaritic, Old Persian, Cypriot Syllabary, Phoenician, Lydian, Archaic Greek Musical Notation. Other things in it: Linear A, Cretan Hieroglyphs, Cypro-Minoan, Ancient Greek Alphabets, Phrygian, Old Italic Alphabets (Cumaean, Archaic Etruscan, Neo Etruscan, Ancient Latin, Lugano, Faliscan, Marsiliana, Messapic, Middle Adriatic South Picene, North Picene, Oscan, Umbrian), the Arkalochori Axe and Anatolian Hieroglyphs.
- Aegyptus (2007) and Gardiner. Over 7000 hieroglyphs. In addition, we have Basic Latin, Greek and Coptic, Egyptian Transliteration characters, some punctuation and other symbols.
- Akkadian (2007). Basic Latin, Greek and Coptic, some Punctuation and other Symbols, Ugaritic, Cuneiform, Cuneiform Numbers and Punctuation.
- Alexander (2007, text typeface built around the Greek letters originally designed by Alexander Wilson in 1744; compare with Wilson Greek (1996, Matthew Carter) and Junicode (2006, Peter S. Baker)). The Latin and Cyrillic parts are based on Garamond.
- Alfios. Lowercase upright Greek were designed in 1805 by Firmin Didot (1764-1836) and cut by Walfard and Vibert. The typeface, together with a complete printing house, was donated in 1821 to the new Greek state by Didot's son, Ambroise Firmin Didot (1790-1876). Lowercase italic Greek were designed in 1802 by Richard Porson (1757-1808) and cut by Richard Austin. They were first used by Cambridge University Press in 1810. Capitals, Latin and Cyrillic, as well as the complete bold weights, have been designed in an attempt to create a well-balanced font. The font covers the Windows Glyph List, Greek Extended, various typographic extras and some Open Type features (Numerators, Denominators, Fractions, Old Style Figures, Historical Forms, Stylistic Alternates, Ligatures); it is available in regular, italic, bold and bold italic.
- Anaktoria. Douros: Grecs du roi was designed by Claude Garamond (1480-1561) between 1541 and 1544, commissioned by king Francis I of France, for the exclusive use by the Imprimerie Nationale in Paris. Greek in Akaktoria is based on a modern version of Grecs du roi prepared by Mindaugas Strockis in 2001. Lowercase Latin stems from the titles in the 1623 First Folio Edition of Shakespeare. Scott Mann & Peter Guither prepared a modern version for The Illinois Shakespeare Festival in 1995. Cyrillic has been designed to match the above Greek and Latin.
- Analecta (2007, Byzantine style). An ecclesiastic scripts font, in Byzantine uncial style, covering Basic Latin, Greek and Coptic, some Punctuation and other Symbols, Coptic, typographica varia, Specials, Gothic and Deseret.
- Aroania: In 1927, Victor Julius Scholderer (1880-1971), on behalf of the Society for the Promotion of Greek Studies, got involved in choosing and consulting the design and production of a Greek type called New Hellenic cut by the Lanston Monotype Corporation. He chose the revival of a round, and almost monoline type which had first appeared in 1492 in the edition of Macrobius, ascribable to the printing shop of Giovanni Rosso (Joannes Rubeus) in Venice. Aroania is a modern recast of Victor Scholderer's New Hellenic font, on the basis of Verdana.
- Asea (Latin-Greek-Cyrillic).
- Atavyros. Douros writes: Robert Granjon (1513-1589) produced his Parangonne Greque typeface (garmond size) at the instigation of Christophe Plantin as a counterpart to Garamond's Grec du roi, in Antwerp Holland, between 1560--1565. It was used in Plantin's multilingual Bible of 1572. Versions of Granjon's type were used for the 1692 edition of Diogenes Laertius and for the Greek-Dutch edition of the New Testament in 1698, both published by Henric Wetstenium in Amsterdam. A digital revival was prepared by Ralph P. Hancock for his Vusillus font in 1999. Latin and Cyrillic are based on a Goudy typeface.
- Avdira. Douros: Upright is based on the lowercase Greek letters in the typeface used by Demetrios Damilas for the edition of Isocrates, published in Milan in 1493. A digital revival was prepared by Ralph P. Hancock for his Milan (Mediolanum) font in 2000. Italic Greek were designed in 1802 by Richard Porson (1757-1808) and cut by Richard Austin. They were first used by Cambridge University Press in 1810.
- Maya. Maya covers the glyphs in J. Eric S. Thompson's A Catalog of Maya Hieroglyphs (1962, University of Oklahoma Press).
- MusicalSymbols (2007) or Musica (2013). Basic Latin, Greek and Coptic, some Punctuation and other Symbols, Byzantine Musical Symbols, (Western) Musical Symbols, Archaic Greek Musical Notation. There is also the Greek musical notation font EE Music (2018).
- UnicodeSymbols (2007, in the Computer Modern style) and UniDings (2013). It has every imaginable symbol: Basic Latin, Latin-1 Supplement, Latin Extended-A, IPA Extensions, Greek, Cyrillic, Cyrillic Supplementary, General Punctuation, Superscripts and Subscripts, Combining Diacritical Marks for Symbols, Letterlike Symbols, Number Forms, Arrows, Mathematical Operators, Miscellaneous Technical, Control Pictures, Optical Character Recognition, Box Drawing, Block Elements, Geometric Shapes, Miscellaneous Symbols, Dingbats, Miscellaneous Mathematical Symbols-A, Supplemental Arrows-A, Supplemental Arrows-B, Miscellaneous Mathematical Symbols-B, Supplemental Mathematical Operators, Miscellaneous Symbols and Arrows, CJK Symbols and Punctuation, Yijing Hexagram Symbols, Vertical Forms, Combining Half Marks, CJK Compatibility Forms, Specials, Tai Xuan Jing Symbols, Counting Rod Numerals, Mathematical Alphanumeric Symbols, Mahjong Tile Symbols, Domino Tile Symbols.
- Symbola (2013) is an unbelievably rich font. It contains Basic Latin, IPA Extensions, Spacing Modifier Letters, Combining Diacritical Marks, Greek and Coptic, Cyrillic, Cyrillic Supplement, General Punctuation, Superscripts and Subscripts, Currency Symbols, Combining Diacritical Marks for Symbols, Letterlike Symbols, Number Forms, Arrows, Mathematical Operators, Miscellaneous Technical, Control Pictures, Optical Character Recognition, Box Drawing, Block Elements, Geometric Shapes, Miscellaneous Symbols, Dingbats, Miscellaneous Mathematical Symbols-A, Supplemental Arrows-A, Braille Patterns, Supplemental Arrows-B, Miscellaneous Mathematical Symbols-B, Supplemental Mathematical Operators, Miscellaneous Symbols and Arrows, Supplemental Punctuation, Yijing Hexagram Symbols, Combining Half Marks, Specials, Byzantine Musical Symbols, Musical Symbols, Ancient Greek Musical Notation, Tai Xuan Jing Symbols, Counting Rod Numerals, Mathematical Alphanumeric Symbols, Mahjong Tiles, Domino Tiles, Playing Cards, Miscellaneous Symbols And Pictographs, Emoticons, Ornamental Dingbats, Transport And Map Symbols, Alchemical Symbols, Geometric Shapes Extended, Supplemental Arrows, and Symbols of occasional mathematical interest. It is one of a hanful fonts that dares to have a glyph that shows the middle finger. Github link for free download. see also Symbola Goomoji (2013).
- Unidings. Various glyphs and icons.
Since George permits redistribution, I am offering his work for download here. [Google]
Chennai, India-based designer of the free Tamil typefaces Iyanan (2018), Oongaaram (2017) and Emojis Icon Set (2017). [Google]
West Wind Fonts
Designers in 2001 of DearestFriendlite, DearestFriend, DearestOpen, DearestOutline, Dearest (the Dearest family is in the blackletter style), Exotica-Medium (ornamental caps used by Vogue Paris), HoppyRibbitday (alphadings), ShadyCharacters-Medium (3d face), WePray (2001, made in commemoration of the September 11 tragedy, alphading and blackletter), Florabet, Alphapix (alphadings), Celtic Eels (Celtic caps), Circus Train (alphadings), Billboard (2003, alphadings), Leafy (2001), Face (2001, great smilies Faceoff and Faceit), Autumn Gifts (2001), Leafyglade, Leafyshade (2001, leafy caps), LittleDaisy, Little Days (2001, connected handwriting, an interpretation of Memimas by Type-o-tones), Little Days Alt (2003), Notethis (2001), Yippy Alt (2003), Yippy Skippy (2001, handwriting), Yippy Skippy Alt (2003), Toy Train (2001), Wild West (2001), KitchenKapers (2001, alphadings), Cast Iron (2001), Santa Time (2001, letters made up of Santas), Applejuiced (2001), Ziggy Zoe (2001, handwriting).
Fontspace link. Dafont link. [Google]
Designer (aka Funk King, b. Fort Knox, KY) who lives in Orlando, FL, and/or Apopka, FL. He used FontStruct in 2008-2009 to make over 550 decorative fonts, and became one of the world's top experts on FontStruct, FontShop's on-line font editor. Most of his fonts were withdrawn in 2012. He did a few commercial typefaces at his commercial foundry, Funk King. His creations include
- A Bit Eccentric.
- Alphadings: Picnic Basket (2014), Rat Race (2014), Pod Invasion (2014), On Hangers (2012, a commercial series that includes Pants on Hangers, etc), Dog Tag, Black Bird, Easter Egg Dots, Ser Egghead T. handlebar, Ovoidotta (now called Sniff), Play Book, BuddhaBuddha, Swizzle Sticks, Computer Backplate, Milky Way, Sprout, Football, Clapboard (for movie makers), Teed Off, Book Stack, Speaker Box, Ant Farm, Sound and Vision, Speaker Grill, Tom Tom, Caged Type, Conga Lounge, Spinal, Add Van, Frostruct, Picket Fence, Regatta, Cranestruct, Impossible Alphabet, Igloo Village, Mortar Board, Jack, Marionette, Golden Gate (+Short, +Solid), Crossed, Eff U ("the finger"!), Tall Big Top, Jackpot, Skulls&Cross Bones Redux, Crosshairs, Drama Club, Good Day Sunshine, Butterfly, Steps and Windows, Heartbroken, O Christmas Tree, Christmas Lights, Candle, Supper Time (alphadings of plates), Sands of Time (alphadings of hour glasses), Fishbones (commercial since 2012), Handy (alphading with hands), Hang Ten (feet alphadings) and High Five (hand alphadings), Armade and Ghost Ship Armada (ship alphadings), Cut Here (stitching alphadings), Schematic (electric circuit alphading), Masquerade, Mortar Board, Gear Bits, Gearswork, Hi-Lo Gears, Gears, Resistor, Gear Shift, Castle, Castle with Flags, Antique Keys, Rounded Keys, Pods, Piano Keys (+Alt, +Correct), Framework, Dixieland Jazz, Spats, and City of New Orleans (the last three are alphdings based on the same Victorian alphabet), Saturn, Piggy Bank, Voodoo Doll, Dice, Fist Bump.
- Antennas, Antennas Outline
- Arcostellati, Arcostellato, Arcangolo, Arcontorno (2011): a blackletter family.
- Architect, Ruled, Gridworks, Blueprint (Solid, Dashed), Quadular (+Serif), Isometric Modified (+Light, +Bold Outline), Isometric (a 3d gridded family: +Basic Latin, +Basic Latin Lite, +More Latin, +Bold, +Black).
- Art deco: Arc Neuvo (rounded letters), Arc Nuevo (2012, commercial), Toneelschuur (based on the letterhead created for the Theatre Toneelschuur Haarlem), Shift (bold), Eye Spy (this says Peter Sellers), Mod Squad.
- Avenue, Avenue Alphabet (white on black).
- Ball and Chain (neat), Ball Bearings
- Balls and Bats
- Banjo (2012).
- Barber Shop
- Beachwear (horizontally striped)
- Blackletter: Abbey
- Blanket Serif Caps, Blanket Sans Serif
- Block Inline Block
- Block Mosaic (great gridded letters)
- Blood Sweat&Tears
- Bolla Fratturato (2011): outlined blackletter face.
- Bolt, Bolted
- Bon Mots.
- Break, Balance Beam, After Party (2010).
- Bubble Zwrap (2010).
- Build A Bridge
- Buzz Kill
- Carp Black, Carp Blanc
- Caterpillar, Tall Caterpillar.
- Chain Gang, Krazy King
- Check Mate (checkered flag font).
- Cherry Bomb.
- Cinder Block (2010): a 3d typeface with texture thrown in.
- Circuit Board Solid, Circuit Board Outline, Circuit Board Outline Numbers, Circuit Board Simple, Micro Clean, Microcircuitz, Circuit Board Simple, Schematode (2013).
- Circus Maximus Outline
- Cirquela (2012). a non-FontStruct font, this is his first hand-printed typeface.
- Code Hijack (2014).
- Compass (+Plain)
- Connected scripts: Cruise, Jet Cruise (2009), Notched Script (upright, connected), Rough Script (italic, connected), square Script (pixelish, connected).
- Computer Backplate, Milky Way.
- Crimped Pincushion (2010).
- Crispy Inline (classy)
- Crooked Marker, Marker
- Crop Circles
- Curls And Twirls
- Cut Here
- Daisies (nice rounded square letters with painted daisies)
- Decoscriptic, Decoish.
- Diamonds Are Forever, Liberty (dot amtrix fonts)
- Didactic fonts: Back to School.
- Digital, Digital Whimsy (gorgeous fonts in which the meat of the glyphs is made up of 0's and 1's), Digital Italics, Digital Non-italics.
- Dingbats: Digital Biz Bitz (2012), Capitalist Pictograms (2012), Kapitalist Kit (2011), Weather System (2011), Twelve Days of Christmas (2010), Learning For Business (2010), Calder Symbols (2010), Mad Aliens (2010), FSEmoticons, Maven Pictograms, Temp (weather dings), Sports Wave, Bullet Arrows
- Dinner at 8
- Ditier Cycles (2010): a grunge version of J. Hughes's Dirt Cycles.
- Disco Ball, Disco Salvation.
- Doggie Tracks (2010).
- Dollars and Cents.
- Domestic Bliss (+Solid), Blissful Hearts (Valentine's Day alphadings).
- Domino, Dominodot
- Dot matrix fonts: Belly Button (2013), Fandangle (2013), Trace Remains (2013), Billiards (2013), Pome (2013), Cow Poke (2013), Rouletto (2014), Crawler (2014), Zephyrelli (2012), Yoyo (2012), Carousel (2011), Corsivo Punti (2011), Wisp (2011), Amusement (2011), Menagerie (2011), Junk (2011), Iphont (white on black dot matrix face), Lyrical (dot matrix script), Petits Pois, Elli, Industrial Magic, Wind Chime, Domestic Bliss (2010, +Serif, +Sans Serif), Ying Yang (2009)
- Double Decker
- Eau de Kerning.
- Efficiency (2010).
- Eiffel family: mechanical.
- Electrifunkified (2013).
- eq Regular, eq Radio Waves, eq Tight.
- Erector Set (2010).
- Extension Cord
- Fairy Tale (curly)
- Fast Cars, Fast Lane, Fast Forward
- Fifty Famous Fairy Tales (bi-lined and bejeweled)
- Flair Ornate, Flaired Script, Flair, Flaired
- Floor Plan
- Flash (gridded face)
- Folk Art (wooden plank simulation)
- Font Troll
- Fractal, Wireframe, Hemisphere, Origami (now Mummification): experiments in glyph partitioning.
- Funk, Funky palms
- Gancio (2014). Hand-drawn.
- Gemstone (letters in a mosaic)
- Glyphs made from broken objects: Broken Combs, Broken Glasses
- GI Joe
- Grid1, Grid2, Pas De Grille Pli Isométrique (+Plombé), Grille Noir Pli Isométrique (+Plombé), Grille Intrépide Pli Isométrique (+Plombé), Grille Facile Pli Isométrique (+Plombé).
- Grunge typefaces: Feather (2010).
- Gummy (2010).
- Happily Ever After (2010).
- Heath Robinson (gorgeous mechanical font).
- Hexcavated (2010).
- High Anxiety.
- High Wire (dotted).
- Honeycomb Black (hexagonal).
- Horizontally Phased (like IBM logo from afar), Vertically Phased, Field Goal.
- Hot Diggity Dog (2010): a monoline rounded sans.
- Inline: Hi-Fi Deco, Track (+Filled), Crispy Inline
- Imperfect Optical Experiment.
- Ironside, Ironworks.
- Isomixed (+Inline, +Inverted, +Light, +Inline Light), Isomixerd Moire (nine textured styles).
- Jacks (2010): a stitching font.
- Jelly Bean series: I's, Wide, O's, Split
- Jetsons (futuristic).
- Jolly Swash 9+Tall, +Tall Wide Tail).
- Kaleidoscope, Kaleidoscope Solid
- Kitchen tile typefaces: MadisonAveAvenue (2010), Edgar Fernhout (2012).
- Last Days Of Summer, Endless Summer, Beach.
- Lattice, Lattice Black
- Little Miss Muffet.
- Love, Love Letters
- Metroliner and Metroliner Deluxe.
- MICR fonts: Wedge Solid.
- Mitered, Zietgeist: striped 3d typefaces.
- Modern Ancient (chiseled font imitation)
- Molecular (+Complex, +Complex 1), Dense Molecular Complex (1 through 5), Molecular Architecture, Tessellation 1 (+Continuous), Tessellation 2.
- Monkey Bars.
- Montreal (+Italics)
- Monumental, Less Monumental,
- Mortar Booted (+Thick, Separated, Mission, Booted Mission).
- Music fonts: Fret Full (2010), Fret Station (2010).
- Mystere (2012, grunge).
- Octovision Remix
- Open&Shuttered Day, Open&Shuttered Night
- Oriental simulation/look: Shoji Pixel, Shoji Stage&Screen Soapbox, Chinese Democracy, Asian Influence.
- Origami City (2010): formerly Simply Elevated Black. Simple Elevation (2012) is in the same family.
- Outline Habitat
- Ozmosis (2014), Ozian (2014), Cardinal (2014), Emblem (2014), Oblio (2014), Hollow Branch (2014)
- Pallina (2010, + Stampino, +Diluente).
- Palm, Tall Palm
- Paperclip typefaces: Neue Werner Paperclip (2012).
- Piccadilly (2010).
- Pixel Dust, Pixels Dusted, Zogg Domination (video game font)
- Pop Arc (2010). In the same style: Conveyor Belt, Milk Bottle, Cookie Cutter, Erector Set (2010).
- Popsicle Sticks (nice vertically striped glyphs).
- Playbook (2010).
- Power Grid, Power Gridlocked
- Process This (2010) and Flowcahrt (2010): based on graphs of computer programs.
- Pump Boys (2010).
- Quagmire (2010)
- Radio Waves
- Razorback Block
- Receipt (2012): a dot matrix face.
- Regular Habitat
- Remixintag (2011, a clone of Wallachia by Intaglio).
- Ribbodini (2010, ribbon font).
- Road Trip
- Sausalito Nautica (2011).
- Say What? (Exaggerated ink trap face)
- Scaffoldini (2010): a 3d gridded face. Followed by Scaffo (2012), Scaffoldini Senza Griglia (2010), Scaffoldini Ascendente Contrario SG, Scaffoldini Ascendente Senza Griglia, Scaffoldini Contrario Senza Griglia, Scaffoldini Ascendente, Scaffoldini Contrario, and Scaffoldini Ascendente Contrario, Scaffoldini Prospettico (+Contrario, +SG).
- Scripts: Diode (+Dioded, Diodoubled, Diodocked, Diodedocked, Diodiced), Scherzando, Fontstitution, Rough Script, Scriptilicious, Whipped Cream, 45 Degrees, Script Town (2013), Aloha (2013), Sinal Strength (2013), Ink Well (2013).
- Skulls, Skully
- Slice N dice
- Small Wonder, Small World
- Snowflake (2010).
- Soma (2009): 3d letters mades from cubes.
- Spooky Eyeballs (2009).
- Stained Glass, Stained with Cross
- Stencil fonts: GI Joe (2012, military), Kid's Stencil (white on black), Black Tie, Matchstick, Stensei, Stencillated, Tri-Fold, Tri-Fold Cut, Tri-Fold Rounded, Stencil, Stencil Plate, Stencil Face, Semi Stencil, Psuedo Stencil, Psychedelic Stencil.
- Stitching fonts: Cross Worded (2013), Cut Here (2014), Sampler
- T-Shirts on a Clothesline
- Swamp Frog and Tadpole: artsy fat letters
- Swamp Funk, Mojo (curly letters)
- Tall Habitat
- Techno look: Technified, Slick, Tangential (2010).
- Tanqueray (2010): octagonal face.
- Teepee (wood look)
- Tennis themed: Racket, Net Ball, World Cup.
- Tetrominoes Black (2010): a 3d typeface cloned from TP2 Marriott's Tetrominoes.
- Texture fonts: Global (2011, globes), SS Half Tone (One, Two, Three), SS Watermark, SS Silk Screen (2010). These brush texture typefaces were cloned from Swifted Strokes by Mike Lee. Tramarada (2011) has a stunning woven look.
- The Adventure of the Dancing Men (2011, dingbats).
- The Big Top
- The Real McCoy
- Timpani, Timpaniless, Timpaniblok, Alien Crop Circles (outer space face).
- Toothpaste (2011): imitating oozing toothpaste.
- Trapezoidot, Zoidot, Dotz (dotted typefaces).
- Upright connected scripts: Madie (2009)
- Valentine's fonts: Hearts and Flowers, Hearts and Arrows, Keys to your Heart, Bed of Hearts
- Vapors and Mirage: evaporating glyphs.
- Vibration (2010). This multiline typeface was followed by Echo (2010).
- Victorian fonts: Alouette, Swamp Funk
- WPA Household Arts Stripes, WPA Household Arts Chex, WPA Household Arts (poster stencil face)
- Wee The People, Small World.
- Werner Paperclip (2009), Paperclip (2010): paperclip typefaces after a 1974 original by Ad Werner.
- Western fonts: Bolo (2010), Bow Tie (2010), Bowl (2010), Western Doodle, Sparky, Buckaroo, Diamond Buckaroo, Saloon and Desert Rose. Western style alphadings: Cart Before The Horse, Wagon Train
- White on black typefaces: Tabs, Dot Keys, Rounded Keys, Block Keys, Keys.
- Wim Crouwel-related fonts: Unknown Crouwel #1, Edgar Fernhout (a Wim Crouwel tribute font in kitchen tile style taken from a 1963 poster), Kalender 1976 Letters (octagonal based on a Wim Crouwel calendar from 1976), Kalender 1976, Brusselmans (based on a Wim Crouwel poster), Rabobank (based on a Wim Crouwel poster), Brabant (based on a Wim Crouwel poster)
- Woodcut, Woodcut Recut, Woodcut Banjo.
- Yay Team
- Zebeast (Zebra-striped letters)
- Zodiac Block
In 2012, he added these fonts at MyFonts: Architect, Black Tie, Carousel, Check Mate, Cobblestones, Cruise, Dog Tag, Edgar Fernhout (based on the famous poster by Wim Crouwel), Fifty Famous Fairy Tales, Fratturato Digitale (pixelish blackletter face), Ghost Town, Jackpot, Jelly Bean, Keyboard, Kingdom (a castle font), Lagniappe (Victorian), Lyrical, Madie, Matchstick, Menagerie, Q Typ, Scaffo, Sprinkle, Stained Glass, Stencillated, Stensei (stencil), Sweet Valley, Toothpaste, Vibration MF, Yoyo, Zephyrelli.
Typefaces from 2013 (no longer freely downloadable!): Pome (dot matrix), Cow Poke (dot matrix), Sausalito Nautica, Cut Here (stitching typeface), Belly Button (dot matrix face), Rouletto (bejeweled typeface), Picnic Basket (alphadings), Fandangle (dot matrix), Trace Remains (dot matrix), Billiards (dot matrix), Cross Worded, Script Town, Schematode (connect-the-dots), Electrifunkified, Aloha, Signal Strength, Ink Well, Satellite, Supper Time (alphadings), Mike (alphadings), Licorice, Conga Lounge OF, Monkey Bars, Daisies, Fractal OF (textured face), Saloon OF, Ball and Chain, Say What.
Typefaces from 2014: the multilined or inline typefaces Ozmosis, Ozian, Cardinal, Hollow Branch, Emblem, and Oblio. The alphading typefaces Rat Race and Picnic Basket. The pearly dot matrix typeface Rouletto and Crawler. The video game typefaces Pod Invasion and Zogg Domination. The stitching typeface Cut Here. The pixelized typeface Code Hijack.
Klingspor link. Dafont link. Fontspace link. Additional URL. Myfonts link. MyFonts foundry link.
View Wilson Thomas's commercial typefaces. [Google]
[Jordi Manero Pascual]
Prolific Barcelona-based type designer. He started out by creating the counterless hand-printed typefaces Woodcutter Dripping Nightmare (2012) and Woodcutter MMXII (2012).
In 2013, he created Gothic Winter (snow-capped blackletter), Woodcutter Anonymous (ransom note font; +part2, 2014), The Shining (movie scanbats), Woodcutter Optical Army (op-art), Viking Runes Shields, Fresh Blood, Pig Rules, Pole Dance, Music+Party, Asian Food, Deers (sic), Woodcutter Amor de Madre (curly tattoo font), Tattoo Vieja Escuela 1, 2 and 3, Origami (animal dingbats), Vintage Motorcycle Club (scanbats), Vintage Christmas (dingbats), Terry Richardson World (scanbats), Woodcutter Wire Fence, Woodcutter Points (textured face), Made in Spain 4, I Love 80s (dings), Drugs (drug paraphernalia dings), Barber Shop (dingbats), Woodcutter del Reves, Adventure Time, New York New York (1 and 2), Woodcutter Dripping Classic, Woodcutter Tinta China (ink splatter font), Woodcutter Cross, Nightmare on Social Media, Breaking Bad (scanbats), Fight Club (boxing scanbats), Boligrafo (sketched font), Robots, Luxury Brands, Woodcutter Buena Lettra, Barcelona (scanbats), Devoto (religious dingbats), Joker (dingbats), Woodcutter Typewritter (sic), Banksy (scanbats), Made in Spain 1, 2 and 3 (company logos), Animal City (funny dingbats), LSD Junior (a scary alphading font), Woodcutter Army (army stencil), Woodcutter El Día De Todos Los Santos (Mexican dingbats), Woodcutter Summer Shadows, and the monster dingbat typeface Woodcutter El Dia del Juicio. Still in 2013, he designed Woodcutter Black Square, DaPunk, Woodcutter Pollita Alegre (a penis font), Woodcutter Hungry Pig, and Woodcutter Hand Light.
Typefaces from 2014: Hospital Icons, Woodcutter Rare Drawings, Headache, Irresistible (rounded sans), Doctor Garcia (textured), Violence, Hipster Icons, Saint Valentine's Day, Mister Manson, Casino (dingbats), Christian Icons, Christmas Icons, Hermes Manero, Beauty (dingbats), Art Icons & Tools, Clouds Mix, Malamadre (grunge), Offset Punk, Manos de Cerdo, Hotel Oriental, Basic Trip, Popeye (scanbats), Viva la Fiesta (flag alphadings), Street Stencil, Supermarket, Ebola Font, Vintage Halloween, Motel Imperial, Clothes, The Second World War (army stencil), Tahs On A Rope, Penis (dingbats), Regular Show (dingbats), Parkinsonism, The 70 Greatest Directors of All Time (scanbats), Smartphone (alphadings), Dripping, Chaos in Wisconsin, Saturno, Gym (dingbats), Angie, Antique Book, Black Rodeo, Gutierrez+, Matias-Font, Viejo-Oeste, Woodcutter-Prison-Tattoo, old+sailor, Italian Revolution, Kid Nightmare, Anderson (rough stencil), Manero (scratchy script), Tecno-Chaos (dot matrix font), Neverland, Martian Font, Radical Block, Woodcutter Delicada, Bon Appetit, Termica, Kandinsky, Hotel Paradiso, Seven Arts, Street Icons, Militaria (dingbats), Undergramo (poster font), Woodcutter Avispa, Fuego Fatuo, Other Space, Electrica Sals, Woodcutter Dramatica, Cocinitas (cooking dingbats), Bad Mother Fucker, Quentin Tarantino (scanbats), El Extraño, Fine Disorder, Woodcutter BCN Style (dripping blood font), Woodcutter Virus, Efectiva, Mogambo (fat brush), Duck Tape, Warriors, Cutre Glam, Woodcutter Sutill Shadow, Woodcutter Future, Rage, Woodcutter Negative, Manolo, Vegetables, Woodcutter Storm (lightning texture), Woodcutter Rare Drawings, Rustic Heavy Metal, Grass, Virgin Mary (scanbats), Laurus Nobilis (wreaths), Mister Bambu, Woodcutter Barcode, Conquest, Multimedia Icons, Preschool, Cursors, Woodcutter Kaos, Woodcutter Lines, Ukraine (constructivist), Meccano, Woodcutter Simple Font, Crux (crucifixes), Dolores (3d), Eyes, MoneyMoneyMoney, Made in Spain 5, Barcelona Mon Amour, New Society (a 3d shadow face), Federico (a hand-printed shadow typeface), Aranea (spider dings), Fifth Avenue (art deco), Beware of Pitbull, Dictators (scanbats), Woodcutter Vintage Cartoon, The American (textured face), Woodcutter Mixed Icons, Apple Japanese Keyboard, Vintage Classics Disney, Carnage College (blood splatter font), Vintage Porn (scanbats), Woodcutter Fontana (textured caps), Woodcutter Mixed Icons, Woodcutter Jet Set, Woodcutter Gothic Drama (blackletter), Woodcutter Relieve, Mixed Icons Vol. 1, Woodcutter Electric, Woodcutter Cloth, Street Style (graffiti font), Gothic Punk, Human Body Parts, Dirty Harry, Woodcutter Fine Sketch, Woodcutter Invisible, Miley Cyrus (scanbats), Old Guard, Circus and Fair, Comic Cover, Woodcutter Gigantismo, Clockwork Orange (scanbats), Dosmilcatorce, The Walking Dead (scanbats).
Typefaces from 2015: Rude High School, Imprenta Gonzales (white on black), Estrategia (textured style), Monkey Business, Venganza (dripping blood font), Woodcutter Executive, Left Hand Comic (textured), Dirty News, Gorilla BCN (a great hand-crafted athletic lettering typeface), Neo Protein (bio-grunge), Barrio-Santo (graffiti style), Periodic-Table-of-Elements, TerrorToons, Vanilla-Candy, Baseball-Icons, Boots, Fine-Homage, Jesus-Christ (religious icons), Lock, Meredith (texturted typeface), Neo-Victorian, Old-Europe (soft blackletter), White-Army (military stencil), HeadWear, Oil-Icons, Pollito-Peligroso (white-on-black letters), Taxi, The-Dentist, Planeta Zero (white-on-black letters), Cronenberg, Hell Bar, Horror Poster, Big Gipsy Bro, Peccatum (bloo drip font), Tempus Fugit (grunge), Indiana State (a great shaded titling face), DJ Icons, Gentleman Icons, Dope Crisis (textured), Bad Quality, Love and Hate, Smoking (dingbats), Phantom of the Opera (dripping blood font), Video Games (dingbats), Beauty Initials, Knife, Ciudad Capital, System Error (dot matrix font), Rejilla (gridded font), Punk Survival, Watches, Barrio Chino (grungy typeface), Delayed (dot matrix font), Impertinencia, Ecology, Anchor, Comic Sandchez, Beard, Globe Icons, Jalisco Company (hand-crafted 3d typeface), Summer Icons, New Art Deco (textured art nouveau typeface), Gordita Alegre, Banned World, Pixel Chaos, Dirty Grunge, Metal Curvy, Jazz Club, One Percent, Profile, Scoreboard, Sentencia, The Octopus (silhouettes of octopi), New Sailor (tattoo script), Cleaner, Bear Icons, Woodcutter Trama, Manolete (wavy font), Skully (alphadings), Big Designer, Vintage Punk (white on black), Streets of Fire (textured), Nordica, Belle Epoque (art deco), Bakery, The Worlds Best Logos, Special Unit (textured typeface), Manifesto, Shooter, Woodcutter Carnage, Black Rain (sketched), Soft Addiction, Digital Camera Symbols, Surf, Tailoring, Palo Santo, Morbida (rounded athletic letters), Fine Shadows, The Woodcutter (dings), Experimento (textured typeface), Seven Sisters, Senior Citizen (dingbats), Hotel California, Woodcutter Hand 2015, Fire Department (scanbats), Dolor de Muelas [toothache], Hamburger, Vintage Mixed Vol 1 and 2, Torremolinos, Ol Torero (bullfight scanbats), Formula 1 (scanbats), Presidents of the United States of America, Furure Blood (dripping blood typeface), Wild West Icons, Maravillosos, Territorio (textured display face), Forced Flowers, Black Hole, The Death, Extra Fat (comic book font), Cristobal, Cirilico, Fuck Off (a very useful raised middle finger font), Mexican Skull (the best Mexican skull font anywhere), Old Nuremberg, Maria Dolores, China, Street College, Rodriguez, Tourism, Community, Oklahoma (varsity font), Smartphone Icons, Science Icons, Horse, Greek Mythology, Persiana (a Venetian blind font), Alcohol, Whatsap Emoticons, Library (possibly the best library icon font today), Candelita, Remember Me, Flamenco, Universidad 2015 (athletic lettering), Sneakers, Fire, Industrial Worker, Europe, Abstemious, Police, School, Paris, Savage Empire, Nautical (dingbats), Crusader (dingbats), Woodcutter MMXV, Rats, Monster Mash, 5th Avenue Stencil, Baby Icons, New Space, City Icons, Diamonds, Punkland, Temblores, Puttana Antique, Human Anatomy (dingbats), Guerra Santa, Winter Icons, Farm, NeoWriter, Russia.
Typefaces from 2016: Woodcutter People Faces, Ear, Codociosa (grungy), Viking Hell, Simple Myopia (textured, halftone style), Bulbs, Emblem, Vegan Icons, Fleur de Lis, Pregnancy, Harley Davidson, Window, Owl, Native American Indians, The Toy Castle, Aristogramos Chernow, Mediogramo (monogram font), Yes Darling, Dilema Emocional (white on black), Original 301 (draftsman style), Emperador Oscuro (scribbly), Vespa (scanbats), Fine-Sheriff, Hard-Western, Olivia-Garcia (brush script), Woodcutter-Rude-Press (a great hand-crafted poster typeface), Printing, Disabled Icons, Golf Icons, Electric Guitar Icons, Airport-Icons, Prudencia (pixel style), Rude-Basic, Stencil-Guerrilla, Tramita-club, Drone, Garden Icons, Feminine Hygiene, Psycho Dad, Intransigencia (textured), Fat Food Icons, Torrebruno, Home Appliances, La Pecosa (textured), Gyn Toons, Insect Icons, Bomb, Special Forces, Business, Irish, Female Underwear, Zombie Salad, Isometric Love, Dinastia (textured), Fireworks, Happy Birthday, Snake Mix, US Election, Spectrum, Extreme Simple, Drunk Sailor (tattoo font), Mountain (dingbats), Cafe Madrid (white on black), Celebration, Rabbit, Rude College, Words, Wingding Review, Transilvania (blood drip font), Tattoo Museum, El Arropeiro (dry brush font), TV (scanbats), Western Dead, Star Wuarras, File Types, Industrial Poison (grunge), Future War, Masacre Digital, Senor Domingo (grungy), Workout Routine (dingbats), Gipsy Bar, Finegrams (ornamental caps, monogram font), Diving (dingbats), Extupida, Dictadura, Euro Estilazo, Cul de Sac, Lions, Woodcutter Olla Barrejada, Cocaine, Monogramos, Gobierno (rounded sans), Maldita Comebolsas, Macho (spurred style), Eagle (great eagle-themed dingbats for East European coup d'etats ca. 1880), Fuck Love, Woodcutter Rocks (white on black), England (dingbats), Mechanic (garage mechanic dingbats), Rodaja (script), Le Petit Chaos, Old Deutschland (blackletter), Mister George, Cloud Candy, Ceporro, Old School Toons, Big Drama (fat poster style), Serial Font, Hotel Madriz, Lady Fiesta, Punk Army, Enfermo Rules, The Laguna, Casa Camaron, Mister Muerte (dripping blood font).
Typefaces from 2017: Sea Life, Sushi Sushi, Destruccion, The Barrio Caps (blackletter for gangs), Prehistoric Paintings, Sumo, Hot Air Balloons, Woodcutter Self-Portraits, Manero Universe (grune), Digital Dark Sister (LED font), New Watch (LED style), Free Biker (spurred tattoo font), The King, Canada, Super Hero, Target Shooting, Smokeland, Rabia Absoluta, Infringement, Gifts Icons, Sprinkled (textured), Miopia Internacional, Chupapollas, Orientalismus (oriental emulation), Technopollas, Doctor Punk (ransom note font), Global Terror, Bananas Social Club, Wedding, Coffee Icons, Archeology, Graffiti Tags, Maquina de Escribir (old typewriter font), Little Candy Shop, Madre Superiora (script), Territorial, Diogenes, Cyber Tittle, Pain Explosion, Panchito Style, Lightning Bolt, Pixeland, Club Seven Espadas, Chandelier, Computer Mouse, Restroom, Wash Care, Hell Circus, Extraterrestre, Pix Punk, Lamp, Pizza, Pirate Style, Vacaciones, Hecatombe, Fuente Manerismo, La Cucaracha (white on black), Plastic Surgery, Mafia Mix, Dirty Classic Machine (old typewriter), Woodcutter Noise, Cokelines, Simple Cream, Vintage Poison, Lighter Icons, Pacific Break, Maldito Gringo, Bazar Costa, Doctor Satan (dripping blood font), Caja Fuerte (textured stencil typeface), Saint Peter (brush script), Bela-Lisboa, Ear, Future-Socialism (constructivist), Poop, Retro-Toons, Tattoo-Pro-Icons, Victorian-Gang, Woodcutter-Justice, Writing, Amusement-Park, Linoleum, Funny Barber (shaded), Decadence, Victorian Gang, Depalma (spurred sans), Bela Lisboa.
Typefaces from 2018: Sunset Boulevard (shadow font), Miss Order (3d effect font), Burning Manero, Dirty War (a grungy military stencil), Press Division (a shadow font), Fight Team 18, Time To Dead (grunge), Woodcutter Clasica, La Nueva Vieja Escuela (a paint drip font), Woodcutter Animal Faces, Crochet (a softly spurred typeface), Marshal Manero, Nou Barris Bcn, Bad Things (a dripping blood font), Biker Vamp, Insuperable, Pain Shop, El Monstruo del Raval, Arabesque Ornaments, Fans, Tarraco City, Woodcutter Basic Viking (rune simulation), The Hurraca Company, Broken Press, Carnage 1974 (a dripping blood font), Manicomio Woodcutter (a very funny comic book style dingbat font), Amor (spurred), Rompetechos, Electric Punk, Happy Square, Bad Signal (a glitch font), Funny Death, Fresh Nieve (paint drip font), Rota en mil Pedazos (a glitch font), Perra Gorda, Goma de Mascar (a bubblegum font), Mister Love, La Deco Klan, Glitchland, Hackerchaos, Vicious Stencil, Hippie (dings), Skate (dingbats), Dinosaur Icons, Mastodontus, Alphaletras, Torito Style (a woven font), Problems in Wisconsin, Alarma Social, Rue Mademoiselle, Tree Icons, Go Go Sports, Rage Against Mom, Hell Kitchen, Black Order, Black Trident, Sale, War Times (dingbats), Ice Cream Icons, Bastardo, Titi Yayo Rules, Jailbreak, Britannia (blackletter), Venenosa (grungy letterpress), The Gallery (3d, sketched), El Puto Amo, Finolis, Lovegramos (monogram font), Smartwatch, Interferencias (glitch font), Hostage (ransom note font), Miss Antonia (grungy caps), Bocadilla de Mortelada, Bitcoin, Car Parts, Celtic Knots, Cock (rooster dingbats), Dubious Reputation, Funny Chaos, Garage Imperio (shaded, vintage), Geometriarquia (archeological stone font), Good Morning, Graphic Design (dings), Hard Core, HoldFast (spurred), MacizoCompany, Milk, New Gang (garage dingbats), Ninja and Samurai, PhayaThai (Thai emulation), Robotic Arm, Rotunda, Social Media Circled, Stone Block, Unicorn, Victorious (Victorian), Gypsyland, Modernist Chaos, Rata Negra, MMA Champ, Love Initials, Doctor Glitch, Mad College, E-Commerce (dingbats), Sheriff (dingbats), Outline Mix, Stencil Icons, Fairy Tales (dingbats), Alfabetizacion, Night Fever Again, Jodido & Noble, Woodcutter Oligarquia, Screwdriver, Baroque Explosion, Seville Kid, Huesitos, Hanging Party, Brave Grams, Tower of London (outlined, Tuscan), Quintanar de la Orden, Punk West, El Forastero, The Enemigo (ink splash font), El Camino, Finisterre (thin sans).
Dafont link. [Google]
Yoshi Sodeoka and Nicole Spickler made the free Smilly "smilies" font in 1995.
Toyware (dingbats). [Google]