| || |
Serbian designer of the ransom note font Threatening Letter (2018). [Google]
Graphic designer in Nis, Serbia, who created the splashy ink typeface Aldeko in 2016. [Google]
During his studies in Belgrade, Serbia, Aleksandar Andrejic created Font Tech (2014, Latin and Cyrillic). [Google]
Illustrator and graphic designer in Belgrade, Serbia, who created the retro decorative sans typeface Zavrzlama (Latin, Cyrillic) and the great calligraphic typeface Manufaktura in 2017. Behance link. [Google]
Serbian type designer. In 2018, he co-designed Hanley Pro with Megan Tamaccio of District 62. This typeface family was influenced by wood block lettering and consists of Script, Slim, Sans and Block subfamilies. [Google]
Belgrade, Serbia-based designer of the rounded Latin / Cyrillic sans typeface Sugarfree (2017). [Google]
Or Aleksandra Marjanovic. Illustrator in Belgrade, Serbia, aka Sandrininja. Creator of the grungy typeface Old News (2013), Basswood (2017), Meadow Sans (2017), Tropical Forest (2017, hand-crafted), and the bold mini-serifed typeface Drim (2017). She says that Drim is the first parametric grotesk typeface.
Facebook page. Creative Market link. [Google]
Codesigner with Dragan Pesic (Kraljevo, Serbia) of Train Of Thought (2016, based on vintage and retro posters of the 19th and 20th centuries) and Days Like This (2017, an angular hand-crafted dadaist counterless pair of typefaces). [Google]
At the Faculty of Applied Arts in Belgrade, Serbia, while she was pursuing a doctoral degree, Ana Prodanovic designed two wonderful super-heavy poster typefaces, Archibet (2016) and Iris (2016), and the text typeface family Petra (2016, Latin and Cyrillic).
In 2017, she set up her own commercial type foundry, LetterPalette, together with Vedran Erakovic. Her first commercial typeface is the serif typeface family Obla. Obla's strokes are sometimes forcibly curved--the h, m and n are almost kneeling. This large x-height typeface received Special Mention in the Cyrillic typefaces category at Granshan 2016. Her Cyrillic typeface Petra also won an award at Granshan 2016.
Typefaces from 2018: Plener (an experimental layerable font family). [Google]
Andjelija Nadja Stipanovic
Nis, Serbia-based designer of the brush script typeface Fenicottero (2017). [Google]
Novi Sad, Serbia-based designer of Gothica (2013), a typeface that blends paper-folding (origami) with blackletter. [Google]
[SIAS (or: Signographical Institute Andreas Stötzner)]
European graphic designer based in Belgrade, Serbia, who runs Logohype since 2010. He created a logotype that led Fernando Diaz (Tipotype) to design Logomotion (2015). [Google]
During her studies in Belgrade, Anja Banjesevic created the hand-crafted Latin / Cyrillic typeface Mukva (2015). [Google]
Novi Sad, Serbia-based designer of an untitled Latin / Cyrillic avant garde typeface in 2014. [Google]
Graphic designer from Belgrade. Typeface 206 (2011) is an ornamental caps typeface that pays homage to da Vinci's Vitruvian Man. [Google]
1300+ font archive from Yugoslavia. [Google]
Bata Barata (or: Brandbusters)
Belgrade-based creator of these typefaces in 2012: Hokus Pokus (hand-printed), Airport Arrival, Trotoar (grunge). 500 icons and a set of medal icons called Medals in 2012. In 2013, he added Trotoar (grunge).
Graphic River link. Brandbusters link. Behance link. [Google]
Danilo Segan added Cyrillic glyphs to Bitstream's Vera sans family, and created the Bepa family. Alternate URL. Apparently, they are now outdated, having been replaced by the DejaVu Sans and Serif families. He maintains the Cyrillic glyph set in DejaVu. The URW-CYR family contains cleaned-up and fixed Serbian glyphs---these are now outdated, since Valek Filipov has merged (and first improved) them back into upstream URW-CYR fonts available here. Danilo Segan also created Nova and Nova Light (2003-2004), an art deco Cyrillic unicase family. [Google]
Brand identity designer in Subotica, Serbia, b. 1990, who created the bare bones free sans typeface Nikoleta (2016), which is based on Bebas Neue.
In 2017, he designed Somber Sans (rounded sans), Chester Sans, Balmy Brush, Geometrica Sans, Bosk (a free hand-crafted typeface), and Big Stem (free demo), which is a condensed movie credit sans. He also created the free brush script typeface Slopes (for Latin and Cyrillic). Graphicriver link. [Google]
Belgrade, Serbia-based designer of Obsidian (2015). [Google]
Pancevo, Serbia-based designer of decorative sets of capitals called Latinica (2017) and Cirilica (2017), which are inspired by urban graffiti. [Google]
[Bata Barata (or: Brandbusters)]
During his studies in Valjevo, Serbia, Boris Jovanovic created the thin octagonal typeface Iza Talasa (2013). [Google]
During his studies in Belgrade, Serbia, Boris Miletic designed the elegant hand-crafted comic book typeface J Font (2016). [Google]
Belgrade, Serbia-based designer of the display typeface Suverenost (2019). [Google]
Designer at the Serbian studio TajFazon, located in Belgrade. He works with stunning colors and has made some display fonts, often in the fat counterless artsy style. These include AeroFrog (2010), Strawberry (2009), Letvica (2010), and DontGetCut (2009). Behance link. [Google]
Illustrator and graphic designer in Belgrade. Behance link. Creator of the free brush typeface Berliner Mauer Ost (2010). [Google]
Brett T. Johnson
[Simeon out West Foundry]
Ranko Tomic's Serbian page: "Cyrillic alphabet on computers and internet, free Cyrillic fonts and programs." [Google]
Serbian truetype font archive. [Google]
Designer of the free cmrsb (2018) font package, which provides Adobe Type 1 Computer Modern fonts for Serbian and Macedonian. The cmsrb package includes the correct shapes for italic letters \cyrb, \cyrg, \cyrd, \cyrp and \cyrt. [Google]
Criovision is a visual identity company. Over at Dafont, one can download Criovision (2010), a futuristic all caps typeface. Their offices are in Lima, Peru and Paracin, Serbia. [Google]
During her Masters studies, Danica Stojanovic (Belgrade, Serbia) designed the warm 8-style typeface family Anarion (2018). [Google]
Serbian designer who made the hand-drawn Latin and Cyrillic typeface family Mexico (2012). [Google]
Graphic designer in Belgrade, Serbia. Designer of the custom hand-crafted sketched shadow typeface Happy Eggs (2015). [Google]
[Quzma Supply Co]
Yugoslav designer of 32 Pages, a smudged dot font. [Google]
The DejaVu fonts form an open source font family based on the Bitstream Vera Fonts. Free download. Its purpose is to provide a wider range of characters (see Current status page for more information) while maintaining the original look and feel through the process of collaborative development. Included are DejaVuSans-Bold, DejaVuSans-BoldOblique, DejaVuSans-Oblique, DejaVuSans, DejaVuSansCondensed-Bold, DejaVuSansCondensed-BoldOblique, DejaVuSansCondensed-Oblique, DejaVuSansCondensed, DejaVuSansMono-Bold, DejaVuSansMono-BoldOb, DejaVuSansMono-Oblique, DejaVuSansMono-Roman, DejaVuSerif-Bold, DejaVuSerif-BoldOblique, DejaVuSerif-Oblique, DejaVuSerif-Roman, DejaVuSerifCondensed-Bold, DejaVuSerifCondensed-BoldOblique, DejaVuSerifCondensed-Oblique, DejaVuSerifCondensed.
Authors and contributors comprise Adrian Schroeter, Ben Laenen, Dafydd Harries, Danilo Segan (Cyrillic), David Jez, David Lawrence Ramsey, Denis Jacquerye, Dwayne Bailey, James Cloos, James Crippen, Keenan Pepper, Mashrab Kuvatov, Misu Moldovan (Romanian), Ognyan Kulev, Ondrej Koala Vacha, Peter Cernák, Sander Vesik, Stepán Roh (project manager; Polish), Tavmjong Bah, Valentin Stoykov, and Vasek Stodulka. The idea is to eventually cover most of unicode. Currently, this is covered: Latin (+supplement, extended A and part of extended B), IPA, Greek, Coptic, Cyrillic, Georgian, Armenian, Hebrew, N'ko, Tifinagh, Lao, Canadian aboriginal syllabics, Ogham, Arabic, math symbols, arrows, Braille, chess, and many dingbats.
Alternate download site. Wiki page with download information.
Fontspace link. Open Font Library link. [Google]
Belgrade-based graphic designer and graffiti artist, b. 1985. Behance link. Creator of the free fat counterless font Branko Kockica (2010). He also made Blokada (2010). Dafont link. [Google]
Dino Art Corporation
Cyrillic fonts by the Dino Art Corporation, dating from 1993, include Cirilica60, Cirilica80, AmericanUncialCirilica, ArabiaCirilica, AardvarkCirilicaBold, AardvarkCirilica, ArialCirilicaBold, ArialCirilicaItalic, Arial-Cirilica, ArialCirilicaBoldItalic, AristonCirilicaBoldItalic, AtletaCirilica, BahamasCirilica, BangkokCirilicaBold, BangkokCirilica, BedrockCirilica, BekerCirilicaBold, BodoniCirilicaBold, BodoniCirilicaItalic, BodoniCirilica, BodoniRomanCirilica, BodoniCirilicaBoldItalic, BookCirilicaBold, BookCirilicaItalic, BookCirilica, BookCirilicaBoldItalic, BremenCirilica, BroadwayCirilica, BrushScriptCirilica, CaligraphCirilica, CenturyCirilicaItalic, CenturyCirilica, CzarCirilicaBold, CzarCirilicaItalic, CzarCirilica, CzarCirilicaBoldItalic, GoliatCirilicaBold, Goliat-Cirilica, HelveticaCirilicaBold, HelveticaCirilicaItalic, HelveticaCirilica, HelveticaCirilicaBoldItalic, HippoCirilicaBold, Madrone-Cirilica, MemorandumCirilica, Miroslavljeva-Cirilica, MurmanskCirilica, OdessaScriptCirilica, RenfrewCirilica, SouthernCirilicaItalic, Southern-Cirilica, TimesCirilicaBold, TimesCirilicaItalic, Times-Cirilica, TimesRomanCirilicaItalic, TimesRomanCirilica, TimesRomanCirilicaBoldItalic, TimesCirilicaBoldItalic, UnicornCirilica. They can be downloaded at the site of the Serbian Orthodox Church. [Google]
Sombor, Serbia-based designer who has created an experimental font in 2010. Home page. [Google]
Belgrade-based typographer, who designed FlahScript, Garamond, LepiScript, Manasija, Naisus, Ravanica and Traian. These fonts were digitized by Zoran Kostic. [Google]
Designer of Old Serbian DM. [Google]
Design studio in Nis, Serbia. Their Latin / Cyrillic typeface Minaid (2014) is advertized as a strong masculine typeface suitable for sports and logo design. I think that it is quite appropriate for the signage in gulags. Partin (2014, FontStruct) is a free basketball typeface. Constantine (2014) is a roman caps typeface for Latin and Cyrillic. Constantine Bold and Outline (2014) are free.
Behance link. Dafont link. Fontspace link. [Google]
Kragujevac, Serbia-based designer of the dada papercut typeface Kiddocut (2017). [Google]
Serbian graphic designer located in Gornji Milanovac, Serbia. Cofounder in 2009 with Slobodan Jelesijevic, his father, of the Serbian foundry Tour de Force. Creator of these typefaces:
- Dusan Script (2009, Ascender: a monoline informal hand-printed script).
- Artvod (2009, slabby and octagonal at the same time).
- Qiltray (2009, handwriting for long texts).
- Punkerro Crust (2009, delicious scratchy type).
- Rough the Type (2009, blackboard style).
- Shuma (2009, handwriting).
- Dolina Script (2010).
- Econs (2010, ecology dingbats).
- Sensor (2010, an ink-trap monoline face).
- Enforcer (2010, an elliptical headline sans).
- Epruveta (2009).
- Passage (2010, a great art deco family, including Initials and Borders).
- Amanet (2011). A flared display face.
- Osmacka azbukovica (2011). A Cyrillic font made by his kids in school.
- The clean-cut semi-humanist sans family Centim (2011).
- The Egyptian typefaces Saxophone Soprano and Saxophone Baritone.
- Debelly (2011), one of the best typefaces to come out of Tour de Force. They say about this elegant fat poster face: Debelly is catchy fat typeface, with lovely geometric shapes. Inspired with contrast strokes, with square joins, Debelly gives an impression of retro style combined with contemporary trends. It is designed specially for packaging, posters, logotypes or headlines, even it can be pretty handfull in smaller sizes. Contains 375 glyphs.
- Epitet (2011). A simple monoline family built around elegant elliptical shapes.
- Refren (2012): A monoline script face.
- Equator (2012): An avant-garde caps headline family.
- Brisko Sans (2013). A straightforward sans family. Extended to Brisko Display (2012).
- A day before Serbia was crushed by the Belgian soccer team, Dusan published the organic sans typeface Publio (2013).
- Kamenica (2013). A display sans. Followed in 2017 by the gorgeous Kamenica Texture typeface family.
- Nervatica (2013). A children's book font.
- Lasta (2013) is an informal serif typeface advertized as poetic.
- Selektor (2013). A geometrical almost techno sans family. This was followed by Selektor Slab (2013).
- Bartender (2013). A copperplate typeface.
- Lumier (2013). An all caps geometric sans family inspired by art deco posters from the interwar period. Followed by Lumier Texture and Lumier Rounded (2018).
- Scholle (2014). A bouncy two-style inline family with cartoonish elements.
- Hedon and Hedon Display (2014). A hedonistic sans that exhibits the sort of contrast one finds in inscriptional types.
- Lumberjack (2014). A bouncy fat cartoon typeface. Not to be confused with Thiago Bellotti's Lumberjack (2013, Mushroom Type), it was renamed 24 hours after its first appearance to Lumberjacky.
- Trampoline (2014). A funky typeface.
- Dondolare (2014). A primitive hand-drawn typeface.
- Balcon (2014) and Balcon Round (2014, a condensed rounded sans).
- Scripton (2015). An urban wall brush type.
- Manzello (2015: a workhorse text typeface).
- Pleyo (2015). Hand-crafted, perhaps for children's books.
- Dusan Script (2015).
- Fartitudo (2015). Just for the name alone, this typeface deserves a medal. Fartitudo is a 3-style hand-crafted all caps poster family in a genre that was kickstarted by Pintassilgo in Brazil.
- Avram Sans (2016).
- Dambera (2016) and Dambera Retro (2016). A connected script, perhaps suitable for children's books. Crazymond (2016). Hand-crafted semi-connected script.
- Lunatino (2016). A poster script.
- Plonker (2016). An all caps hand-printed typeface.
- Fine New Bonbons (2016). A quaint candy store script.
- Napolitanka (2016). A delicate high-fashion hifgh-contrast didone.
- Businessland (2016). A rough hand-crafted poster typeface.
- Escondida. A high-contrast connected script.
- Alonga (2017). A serif family with considerable contrast characterized by sharp triangular serifs.
- Nula (2017). A 22-style humanist sans typeface family.
- Mymoon (2017: a geometric sans in 22 styles), Mymoon Stencil, Mymoon Stencil Texture.
- Landsick (2018). An intense script.
- Blond (2018). A sans family that tends towards the humanist side.
- Penfriend (2018). A script typeface.
- Modny (2018). A fashion mag Peignotian sans family with a gorgeous inline style.
- Stropha (2018). A compact slab serif family.
- Hlad (2018). A distinguished 5-weight incised / lapidary typeface family.
- Masny (2019). A no-nonsense modern sans family in 22 styles.
- Connectica (2019). A retro connected script.
- Dietal (2019). A condensed squarish military parade slab serif. Accompanied by Dietal Sans (2019).
- Mondish (2019). A stylish sans family, perhaps best suited for fashionable environments.
- Edicia (2019). A charming serifed typeface family.
- Plaisir (2020). A serifed text family that oozes style.
- Roanne (2020). a 44-style sans family characterized by a yawning lower case a.
- Prego (2020). A 23-style Peignotian sans.
- Prelom (2020). A retro wedge serif family in 15 styles.
Behance link. MyFonts link. His most popular typefaces showcased. Fontspring link. Klingspor link. View Dusan Jelesijevic's typefaces. [Google]
Kragujevac, Serbia-based designer of the hand-printed typeface Danko Skript (2013). [Google]
During his graphic design studies in Belgrade, Dusan Todorovic created two great display typefaces, Future (2013) and Bugi (2013). Bugi is a white-on-black poster font that adds pizzazz to a page. [Google]
Designer and illustrator in Novi Sad, Serbia, who designed Extreme Geometric (2017). [Google]
Feel Free Design
Belgrade, Serbia-based designer of the square-shaped experimental typeface Lena's Font (2013) and the colorful geometric solid typeface Geometry (2015). Jelena can best be described as a minimalist artist and illustrator. Behance link. [Google]
Belgrade, Serbia-based creator of the artsy multiline Latin/Cyrillicdisplay typeface Dome (2014). Behance link. [Google]
Belgrade, Serbia-based designer of the Latin / Cyrllic typeface Crux (2017). [Google]
Foundry in Serbia, est. 2011 by Dusko Joksimovic. Fontex created Brillian (2011), a large Latin/Cyrillic semi-connected script family, characterized by two gigantic b counters. Boos (2012) is a casual typeface family. AJSHA (2012) is an oriental simulation face, inspired by Japanese swords, or katana.
Typefaces from 2013: Astrum (wedding script family for Latin and Cyrillic), Astrum Heart (calligraphic script). [Google]
Belgrade, Serbia-based designer of the typographic poster Infinita Tristeza (2016). [Google]
Serbian creator of the free pixel typeface Squary (2014, FontStruct), Blocky (2014, FontStruct) and of the free typeface Roundy (2014, FontStruct). In 2017, he designed the pixel font RNTG Larger. Fontspace link. Dafont link. [Google]
Hana is a graphic designer from Belgrade. She made a nice typographic poster called Neandertal (2010). I guess that this goes with her simplistic and almost constructivist squarish typeface Neandertal (2009). She also created Kuka (2010), a simple display sans with both Latin and Cyrillic alphabets. [Google]
Hieromonk Makarije (Serbia, d. after 1528 in the Hilandar monastery) is the founder of Serbian and Romanian printing. In 1494, he printed the first book in the Serbian language and the first book in the territory of Walachia. [Google]
Graphic designer from Belgrade, Serbia, who now works at Rainy Dot in Berlin. He created these typefaces:
- The free rounded layered vector format typeface Zujal (2013).
- The rounded monoline sans typeface Postcard (2015).
- Popsky (2015). A wonderful popart font described as constructivism wearing sunglasses. Published as a color font at Fontself.
- Prota Basic (2015), Prota Standard (2016) and Prota Pro (2018). A rounded sans inspired by Scandinavian industrial design.
- At Typeclinic 12th International Type Design Workshop in 2016, he designed the rounded sans typeface Soberlin.
- Mempix (2017). A great multicolor font made with Fontself. Its design is influenced by the Memphis Group.
- Lesbos Pen (2018) and Lesbos Multicolor (2018). This seems to be identical to his Olcino (2018). Perhaps Jack Roger who made a font called Lesbos in 2015, asked him to rename it.
- Zoran (2019). A sophisticated sans serif.
- Naslof (2019). An SVG-format display style.
Backa Topola, Serbia-based designer of the futuristic glitch typeface Simple Typer (2018). [Google]
Graduate of the Faculty of Applied Arts in Belgrade. Creator of the Cyrillic text typeface Ivica Bold Italic (2012). [Google]
Serbian type designer. At the 13th Typeclinic in Slovenia in 2016, Irena Muhar designed Muha (a sans typeface). [Google]
Irma Puskarevic is a graphic designer and teaching assistant. She took her Master's and Doctoral degrees from the University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Technical Sciences, Department of Graphic Engineering and Design. She is currently a teaching assistant at the Department of Graphic Engineering and Design. Her academic research covers the effectiveness of typography and visual rhetoric in advertising images. She is a coauthor of Typeface and Typography Practicum. [Google]
Novi Sad, Serbia-based designer of several untitled Latin and Cyrillic typefaces, ca. 2013. [Google]
Graduate of the Faculty of Applied Arts in Belgrade. Creator of the Cyrillic sans serif typeface Platan Sans (2012). [Google]
Serbia/Montenegro-based type designer who received a TypeArt 05 award for the display typeface Jedrilica. [Google]
Serbian designer of the calligraphic Latin/Cyrillic script Tapija. [Google]
Designer in Nis, Serbia, who made the grungy poster caps typeface Defont (2013). [Google]
Belgrade-based designer of the sans typeface family Attraversiamo (2013) and the great paint brush typeface Flek (2014: Latin and Cyrillic). [Google]
Graphic designer in Belgrade. His typefaces from 2014 include iBeeze, iProton, iXplora and BestBeef (dot matrix style). [Google]
Jablantile (2009) is a small Metafont font created by Don Knuth to implement the modular tiles described by Slavik Jablan, a mathematics profeesor at Matematicki Institut SANU, Belgrade. [Google]
Kragujevac / Belgrade, Serbia-based illustrator. Designer of an untitled Latin / Cyrillic sans serif in 2016. [Google]
Serbian type designer (b. 1979, Belgrade) who graduated in 2003 from the Faculty of Applied Arts (FAA) in Belgrade, the Department of Applied Graphics, majoring in Type and Book Design. She is a professor of type design and calligraphy there since 2012, after having worked there since 2005. In 2010, she obtained the Magister degree from FAA. Alongside Olivera Stojadinovic and Olivera Batajic Sretenovic one of the editors at tipometar.org.
Her first typeface was Tabula (2003).
In 2010, she designed these flowing free Cyrillic / Latin calligraphic typefaces: Lovely Audrey BG, Lovely Grace BG, Lovely Sofia BG.
At ITC as Jana Nikolic, she released the elegant informal typefaces ITC Intro (2008) and ITC Aram (2007).
In 2016, she designed Gorenje Script.
The chiseled street signs in Istria inspired her to design the slab serif typeface Mermer (2019).
Linotype link. MyFonts link for Jana Orsolic. Interview in 2018. Sometag link. [Google]
For a school project at the Faculty of Applied Arts in Belgrade, Serbia, Jasmina Zornic created the elegant script typeface Jasminum (2015). [Google]
As a student, Nis, Serbia-based Jefimija Kocic created the brush typeface Vajn (2015) for Latin and Cyrillic. [Google]
Serbian student at Belgrade's Faculty of Applied Arts. Designer of the experimental sans typeface Relogio (2006). [Google]
[Feel Free Design]
Belgrade, Serbia-based designer of the experimental typeface Kikirikisemenke (2015). [Google]
Belgrade, Serbia-based designer of Earscoop Font (2013, hand-drawn Latin and Cyrillic typeface; with Maja Maksimovic). [Google]
Belgrade, Serbia-based designer of the Latin / Cyrillic hand-crafted poster typeface family Bruka (2015) in the context of a larger project called Bruka Notes. [Google]
Belgrade, Serbia-based designer of the hand-crafted Latin / Cyrillic typeface Doodle (2017). [Google]
Jovan Shpira Obradovic
Novi Sad, Serbia-based typographer, graffiti artist and graphic designer. [Google]
Zrenjanin-based Yugoslav designer (b. 1986) of Milkman Conspiracy (2006, brush script), Anime Eyes (2006) and A Lolita Scorned (2006). Home page. Dafont link. [Google]
Belgrade-based designer of an Indic simulation typeface in 2012. [Google]
Novi Sad, Serbia-based designer of several Latin and Cyrillic display typefaces in 2013. [Google]
Novi Sad, Serbia-based designer of Noticia Text (2017). [Google]
Belgrade, Serbia-based graphic designer who created the Cyrillic geometric solid typeface Abstract Font (2017). [Google]
During her design studies in Kragujevac, Serbia, Jovana Mitrovic created the 3d Latin / Cyrillic typeface Kerttu (2013). [Google]
(Serb?) designer of the Latin / Cyrillic sans typeface Veternica (2014). [Google]
Great calligrapher and type designer, born in Suvi Do, Yugoslavia, in 1954. He obtained his master's degree in calligraphy and lettering at the Academy of Applied Arts in Belgrade. In 1985, he received the Charles Peignot Award from the Typographique Internationale for excellence in calligraphy and type design. He taught typography at Belgrade University of Arts until 1992. Since 1992, he is based in hamburg, Germany, where He teaches type design and calligraphy at the Fachhochschule Hamburg. His typefaces:
- Ex Ponto (1994-1995) is his first masterpiece.
- He designed the very readable text typefaces ITC Veljovic (1984) and ITC Esprit (1985; followed in 2010 by ITC New Esprit), as well as the Times-like ITC Gamma (1986). In 2015, ITC followed up with ITC New Veljovic Pro.
- Silentium Pro (2000). This is based on 10th century Carolingian scripts.
- Sava Pro (2003). These are roman-style caps and small caps, with ornaments, Greek and Cyrillic. Named after a popular man, the archbishop of Serbia, who lived around 1300, and partially named after the main river in former Yugoslavia. Winner of an award at TDC2 2004.
- Libelle (2009). Published by Linotype, this is a joyful calligraphic script.
- Agmena (2012). A gorgeous antiqua that won an award at TDC 2013.
- Veljovic Script (Linotype). A handwriting typeface for Latin and Cyrillic.
The German weekly news journal Die Zeit commissioned him to prepare an extended digitized version of Tiemann's Antiqua in 1999. He also designed two typefaces, an Antique and a Grotesque together with several variants, for the leading Serbian daily Politika in 2006.
- Morandi (2018). A humanist sans typeface family published by Monotype.
At ATypI 2004 in Prague, he spoke about typefaces for Latin and Cyrillic.
Linotype link. FontShop link.
View Jovica Veljovic's typefaces. [Google]
Julius Mordecai Pincas
Aka Jules Pascin, 1885-1930, a painter born of an Italian Serbian mother and a Spanish Jewish father, in Bulgaria. Around 1910, he designed the rather primitive and light-hearted Pascin Alphabet. [Google]
Los angeles, CA (and before that, Belgrade, Serbia)-based designer of Geometric Hurricane (2016). [Google]
KODEKS is the German slavistics server run by Professor Sebastian Kempgen from the University of Bamberg. Kempgen's fonts include Eckige Glagolica and Runde Glagolica, both for Glagolitic. He also made a mediaeval Cyrillic face, Preslav. He also created Kliment (2005; old church slavonic, covering all of these: Altkirchenslawisch, Altrussisch, Altbulgarisch, Altserbisch, Old Russian, Old Bulgarian, OCS, Old Serbian), which can be downloaded here and here. Kiril, RomanCyrillicStd (2003) and CampusRomanStd (2008) are free fonts designed for slavic language specialists. The latter two fonts are quite complete and unicode-compliant since 2007. The BukyVede font (2008) is the typeface used by the journal "Polata knigopisnaja" (Mario Capaldo and William R. Veder, eds.), published by William R. Veder&Michael Bakker, Slavisch Seminarium, Amsterdam. It is based on CyrillicaOhrid and GlagolicaBulgarian (with additions from Rumen Lazov), and adapted to Unicode 5.1, and enhanced by William R. Veder, Chicago. Final touches, additional characters and font generation by Sebastian Kempgen, Method Std is the Unicode 5.1 version of the Method font series originally created by the author, Sebastian Kempgen, in the 1980's. The blueprint for this font is the classic printing type devised by slavists and used in learned editions of Old Church Slavonic texts.
FontShop link. Via MacCampus, which he seems to run, he published Breitkopf Fraktur (2008, with Sascha Selke) and Trubetzkoy (2005, a serif typeface for phonetics). [Google]
During his studies, Kosta Vojinovic (Nis, Serbia) created the Cyrillic sans typeface Metodia (2015). [Google]
Kostic Type Foundry
Nikola Kostic is a graphic design graduate from the Faculty of Applied Arts (Belgrade), 2003. He works as graphic and type designer in Belgrade, Serbia. Together with his father, type designer Zoran Kostic, he set up Kostic Type Foundry in 2010. His first commercial font there is the Old Slavonic simulation face Taurunum (2011). He also made the Battlefin text family (2011), the organic Pagewalker (2011), and the slab family Battleslab (2011).
Typefaces from 2012: Kostic Serif (2012) is a classical transitional family co-designed by Nikola and Zoran. Argumentum is a balanced and stylish display face. Breakers is a sans typeface family that covers all weights, from Thin to Ultra. Its companion is Breakers Slab.
Typefaces from 2013: Bicyclette (a wonderful sans family, from Thin to Black, with small x-heigt, wide spacing, and gentle understated rounding).
Typefaces from 2014: Taurunum Ferrum (an octagonal iron and steel style typeface), Chiavettieri (a robust text typeface that won an award at Modern Cyrillic 2014), Briller (a gorgeous extra-wide display sans typeface in six weights).
Typefaces from 2016: Mongoose (a great condensed sans serif made for posters, headlines and logotypes).
Typefaces from 2017: Altivo (a wiorkhorse sans family with wide proportions, generous x-height, loose spacing, ink traps, large apertures and low stroke contrast, ideal for information design).
Typefaces from 2018: Rizado Script (a great copperplate calligraphic script that coording to Kostic epitomizes la dolce vita: it won an award at the Type Directors Club's Type Design Competition 2019), Monotalic, Roc Grotesk (a sans serif grotesk inspired by American wood types).
Typefaces from 2020: Allotrope (a 100-strong technical sans family ranging from Compressed to Wide).
Klingspor link. Behance link. Behance link. Fontspring link.
View the Kostic Foundry typeface library. [Google]
Graphic designer and illstrator in Belgrade, Serbia. She designed the painted font Funkadelic (2019) for Latin and Cyrillic. [Google]
Belgrade, Serbia-based designer of a geometric solid / decorative art deco typeface for Latin and Cyrillic in 2018. [Google]
Type foundry in Veternik, Serbia, founded by Branislav Jakovljev (b. 1977, Novi Sad). Creator of Astor (2012), a revival of Aldo Novarese's Eurostile (1962). Behance link. [Google]
Serbian foundry. Creators in 2003 of the techno fonts LBCBoom, LBCCool2, LBCDots, LBCStarlight. Dafont link. [Google]
Lene Arensdorff is a graphic designer in Copenhagen, Denmark. For a project in Kenn Munk's class at The School of Visual Communication, she designed the didone-influenced display typeface Ten Moge (2015). In 2013, she created Haute Serif. Behance link. [Google]
LetterPalette was founded in 2017 by Serbian type designers Ana Prodanovic and Vedran Erakovic. In 2017, Ana Prodanovic designed the modern text family Obla, and Vedran Erakovic created Stena. In 2018, Vedran Erakovic added Ana, a layered set of decorative capitals. Plener (2018) is an experimental layerable font family by Ana Prodanovic. Behance link. [Google]
Stefan Peev set up Local Fonts and wrote: This site Local Fonts is dedicated to fonts and their localization. Its main concern is the versatility of the Cyrillic Script forms. Here you will find different typefaces carefully classified as traditional (international) Cyrillic, Bulgarian Cyrillic, Serbian Cyrillic, Macedonian Cyrillic as well as Unicode Fonts for Ancient Scripts, Medieval Cyrillic fonts, links to Greek typefaces. Our everyday task is to identify the fonts in their adaptation of the different forms of written languages. [Google]
Yugoslav (Serb) TrueType fonts (free): TimesCiril, Miroslav, YU-Helvetica, YU-Helvetica-Bold, YU-Helvetica-Bold-Italic, YU-Helvetica-Italic, HelveticaCiril, HelveticaCirilBold, HelveticaCirilBoldItalic, HelveticaCirilItalic, TimesCirilBold, TimesCirilBoldItalic, TimesCirilItalic, YuTimes, YuTimesBold, YuTimesBoldItalic, YuTimesItalic. [Google]
Illustrator and video artist in Belgrade, serbia. In 2018, he designed the free ultra-fat blocky font Moth. [Google]
Belgrade, Serbia-based designer of Qubik (2019). [Google]
Serbian designer of these vector format typefaces in 2015: Alphabet Buttons Type Machine, Alphabet Vector Neon Color, English Cream Alphabet, Flat Icons Alphabet, Alphabet Chalk Vector, Vector Alphabet Set White Shadow.
Typefaces from 2016: Neon Pink, Neon Green and Pink, Pink Color Neon, Pink Yelllow Neon, Ornament Font, Alphabet Paper Vector Pink, Colored Font Flat, Flat Font White And Grey, Minimalistic, Creative, 3D Vector Font, 3D Font, Pop Art Creative Fonts, Neon Buttons, Neon (ornamental caps), Love Letter, Love Alphabet (Valentine's Day vector fonts with superimposed hearts), Creative Fun Fonts, Colored Font Flat Design, ColorfulFontNeon, Old Style, Paint Colorful, Simple & Minimalistic, Colorful Metallic.
Typefaces from 2017: Pink, Silver, Minimalistic, Neon Modern, Sports, Cream Color, Font Trendy, Pink (White, etc.) with Shadow, Neon White Color Outline. [Google]
Belgrade, Serbia-based designer of Earscoop Font (2013, hand-drawn Latin and Cyrillic typeface; with Jelena Lugonja). [Google]
Belgrade, Serbia-based designer of the all caps headline typeface Hillton (2017). [Google]
During her graphic design studies in Belgrade, Maja Udilovic designed the alchemic typeface Typo Try (2013). [Google]
Leskovac, Serbia-based designer of the futuristic typeface Orbits (2018) on the same day that Elon Musk launched his Heavy Falcon rocket into outer space. [Google]
Marianna Orsho (or Marijana Orsolic) is an Australian / Serbian graphic and type designer, b. 1987. Classically trained as a graphic artist, she completed her Masters Degree in Type Design and 2D Animation at the University of Arts in Belgrade. During TypeClinic 5 in 2012 in Trenta, Slovenia, she created the multiple master humanist sans typeface family Nioki and Nioki Italic, both for Latin and Cyrillic. Free download. Other typefaces by her include Albi (2010) and Eta (2011).
Now located in Sydney, Australia, she created Kamilitza (2014, a layered, condensed, all-caps cross stitch display typeface; free demo) and Globster (2014, a Treefrog-style typeface for Latin and Cyrillic).
Tipometar link. Behance link. [Google]
Yugoslav site with ArialNarrow-Bold, ArialNarrow-BoldItalic, ArialNarrow-Italic, ArialNarrow, Birch, HelveticaCyr, HelveticaCyrBold, HelveticaCyrBoldItalic, HelveticaCyrItalic, HelveticaLat, HelveticaLatBold, HelveticaLatBoldItalic, HelveticaLatItalic, TimesCyr, TimesCyrBold, TimesCyrBoldItalic, TimesCyrItalic, TimesLat, TimesLatBold, TimesLatBoldItalic, TimesLatItalic. [Google]
Freelance designer in Belgrade, Serbia, who is working on a connected script typeface called Katalea (2014). Earlier, she created a beautiful revival typeface for old Cyrillic, as well as the italic Latin/Cyrillic typeface Madina (2014), and the cursive Cyrillic typeface Slatkovac (2014). [Google]
Serbian graphic designer who first studied in Belgrade. During her studies at the Academy of Fine Arts Albertina in Turin, Italy, Marija created Line Font (2013, octagonal). [Google]
Croatian calligrapher and type designer, based in Belgrade, Serbia. Graduate of the Faculty of Applied Arts in Belgrade. During TypeClinic 5 in 2012 in Trenta, Slovenia, she created Prouge, which is described as a soft didone that is best for titling, but can be successfully used also in smaller sizes down to 12 pt.
Creator of the Cyrillic typeface Vuk (2012), which is named after and based on the handwriting of Vuk Stefanovic Karadzic, a Serbian philologist and linguist who was the major reformer of the Serbian language. In 2015, Vedran Erakovic and Marija Rnjak finally published Vuk at LatterPalette. Thanks to some OpenType features, this typeface does a good job at emulating real handwriting.
In 2016, Marija designed the didone typeface Nocturno BG (Latin and Cyrillic) at Tipometar. [Google]
Graphic designer in Belgrade. Creator of the modular Latin/Cyrillic typeface Quagrat (2014). [Google]
Graphic designer in Belgrade, Serbia. Behance link. Creator of a 3d font experiment for Latin and Cyrillic called Font In Space (2012).
At Tipometar, we can find his display typeface Paket (2005, Latin and Cyrillic). [Google]
Belgrade, serbia-based designer of the smudged brush typeface Naptha (2012). [Google]
Tough-looking graphic designer from Belgrade. In 2010, he created the equally macho copperplate typefaces PastCoast and Type No 6. He used a grid design when he made the Globe Ship typeface in 2012 for Latin and Cyrillic. Type No2 (2014) was inspired by art nouveau. Type No 3 (2014) is an elegant inline typeface. Tye No 12 (2014) is a spurred Tuscan typeface.
Behance link. Blogspot link. [Google]
Serb designer, b. 1984. His fonts, made between 2008 and 2011, include Satic Latinica (an elegant geometric monoline sans), Satic Cirilica, Otisak, Kvadratic and Kuvarica. [Google]
Marko Vuxan, an art director in Belgrade, created the hand-drawn script typeface Zeamays in 2013. [Google]
Graphic designer. Creator of the trendy typeface Vikinga (2010). [Google]
Belgrade-based designer, b. 1991, who created Cyberpunk Is Not Dead (2010, techno). [Google]
Currently living in Montreal, Slobodan Miladinov is the Serbian-born designer of the calligraphic ITC Freemouse (1998), the refreshing dingbat font ITC Beorama (1998), Screaming Bull (1999), Triple Owl (1999), the nonchalant ITC Coconino (1998), the pixelish Oneight (1997), the Japanese calligraphy inspired Goosefont (1997), the experimental type Xoao (2001), and the scribbly Hojla-ho (1999).
Linotype link. [Google]
Milan Z. Uljmanski
Digital photographer in Novi Sad, Serbia, b. 1983. He made LIFAD font Serbia (2010, squarish), LIFAD square Serbia (2010, pixelish), Ich Tu Dir Weh Serbia (2010, pixel face) and Volkerball Serbia (2010, constrctivist). [Google]
Graphic designer from Kragujevac, Serbia, b. 1988. She created the free fonts Mareke (2015, script), Wuggle (2015, hand-crafted poster font), Omen (2011, a severe thunder-like face), and Miodrag (2011, a handwriting face). Milena Sans (2012) is a Latin / Cyrillic display family. Retronica (2015) is a cursive script typeface. Mandarina is a hand-crafted blackboard bold typeface. Dervish (2015) is a shaded squarish 3d typeface. Tallball (2015) is a powerful informal geometric typeface.
Typefaces from 2016: Miodrag (handwriting script), Brona (brush type), Genoise (a brush splatter font), Mustachelle (hand-crafted blackboard bold typeface), Norweg (a rune simulation font).
Behance link. Creative Market link. [Google]
Serbian designer of the hand-crafted typeface Miciana (2016). [Google]
Graphic designer in Belgrade, b. 1989, Kotor, Montenegro. In 2011, she made an ornamental caps typeface called Maritime.
Behance link. [Google]
Novi Sad, Serbia-based designer of a didone display typeface for Latin and Cyrillic (2016). [Google]
Svilajnac, Serbia-based creator of the techno typeface Perfect Speed Italic (2014). [Google]
Belgrade, Serbia-based designer of the geometric sans typeface Sans Nova (2015), which covers Latin and Cyrillic and is remarkably uniform across both scripts. This typeface was finished during her art studies. [Google]
Gornji Milanovac, Serbia-based designer of an ntitled ornamental Latin / Cyrillic typeface in 2014. [Google]
During his Masters studies in graphic design, Miljan Ristic (Nis, Serbia) designed an avant-garde Cyrillic typeface family (2014). Behance link. [Google]
Belgrade, Serbia-based designer of Linea Gialla (2017, neo deco), Ziheraj (2017), and Rorschsch (2017). Behance link. [Google]
Belgrade-based graphic designer. Creator of the heavy brush all caps typeface Mado King Script (2011). [Google]
[Mindburger Studio (or: Gradient)]
Kragujevac, Serbia-based designer who created the display typeface Natalia (2015). Behance link. [Google]
Vranje, Serbia and now Chicago, IL-based designer of the Latin / Cyrillic dry brush font Paris Blue (2015) and the experimental typeface Kanibal (2016). [Google]
Serbian book illustrator, graphic arts teacher and phototype, woodtype and linocut letter type designer, b. Despotovo, 1931, d. Belgrade, 1999. His sons Rastko and Vukan write about both aspects of his life. His CV: he graduated in 1954 from the Academy of Applied Arts, Belgrade and took his Masters Degree in 1959, under Professor Mihailo S. Petrov. He was professor at the Faculty of Applied Arts, University of Arts, Belgrade from 1964 until 1997. He was Head of the Graphic Department from 1974 to 1975. His publications include Graphic identification 1961-1981 (SKZ, Belgrade, 1982), Graphic communications 1954-1984 (Vajat, Belgrade, 1986), Heraldry 1 (University of Arts, Belgrade, 1983) and Coat-of-Arms of Belgrade, Heraldry 2 (Cicero, Belgrade, 1991). Most of Ćirić's types were for Cyrillic, while some have Latin alphabets as well. Many would be classified today as poster types, type to accompany illustrations. The list of his typefaces:
- Rastko, Latin, 1955: It is a versal typeface made in only one weight. Rastko himself thinks it was devised as light, almost linear and it was a part of his character.
- Vukan, Latin, 1960: Named after his second son, Vukan, this is a sharply cut orthogonal typeface.
- Galerija Grafiki kolektiv, Cyrillic, 1962 (Graphic Collective Gallery): A beautiful Cyrillic display face. This was the first of his typefaces transformed in a computer font.
- Triptihon, Cyrillic, 1962 (Triptych): Another cut face, but this time really taken from the sample made in linocut. The prototypical Cyrillic poster face.
- Akademija, Cyrillic, 1966 (Academy): This typeface was made for the University and Academy where he worked. It was designed so that it can be used equally well on the paper, metal plates, seals, plaques and everything else Academy needed. He used similar typefaces on book covers and charters, in solemn situations. Rastko: Although one may think it is an ordinary serif face, it contains Cira's specific typographic handwriting. The shapes are almost geometrically reduced thus providing a decorative effect, legibility and possibility to be transferred in all materials..
- Bolsko, Latin, 1966/67/68: Bol is a small place on the island Brač. This simple condensed headline typeface was designed for pedagogical purposes made to be used for lectures at the Faculty of Applied Arts abd in its graphic identity.
- Devojačko, Cyrillic, Latin, 1969 (Maiden): A curly affectionate face.
- Ćirićica, Cyrillic, 1970/72: This typeface was designed as a result of the first research on transforming Serbian handwritten Cyrillic into constructive letterforms. The raw model was the manuscript of the Fourth Gospel (John's Gospel) written at time of Despot Djurdje Barnković (1428) created then by by a Inok from Dalša. The result was a letterform of optimal proportions. The study was made on the occasion of the opening of the new building of the National Library, Republic of Serbia.
- Vojničko, Cyrillic, 1975 (Soldiers): When designing this typeface Ćirić consulted the book Blue Line of Life (Plava linija života) by Branko V. Radičević, a book about monuments and tombstones posted along roads. It is a sentimental ornamental headline face.
- Face VMA, Latin, 1976/77: A big project for the Military Medical Academy (abbreviated VMA) in which the letters had to be constructed on grids using rulers and compass only. The result is a Bank Gothic look.
- Bogradsko, Cyrillic, Latin, 1982: This typeface was used for designing the covers and title of his second book of graphic communications.
- Duklja, Cyrillic, Latin, 1984: In this case the typeface makes basis of graphic identification. As a model for designing the typeface of Montenegrin Lexicographic Institute was a text from leader seal of Petar, Prince of Duklja. Ira wrote that he enlarged and systematize the letters from the drawing which was made in time when the seal was in good condition and that he wanted to preserve the freshness of irregularities and that there were several weights in each letter while their height is only optically the same. It seems that save for that irregularity which inspired and provocative vagueness this model could not offer many clear stylistic characteristics. But what ira could read from those forms is the language of their linocuts and cut symbols. Thus his personal style naturally added to all that was missing to finish the face. In compromise between typeface with serifs and sanserifs in combination of legibility and universal applicability he saw practical solution for many tasks.
- Iva's typeface, Cyrillic and Latin, 1986: Rastko: My brother's daughter, Iva, was the first child that joined our family of applied artists. Ćirić immediately awarded himself with the title of granddad, opened the door of his studio and showed her all those games and toys from the world of the applied and other arts. Apart from the crazy games, obligatory signum and many other things Iva got many picture books which her grandpa made from time to time. The picture books contained poems, drawings, pictures and of, course letters. On one of those picture books entitled Grandpa' Stories I have found, so far, the only place where the typeface was used. It is a type of typeface imitating relief forms.
- Vukov bukvar, Cyrillic, 1987 (Vuk's Abecedary): One of the rare typefaces with lower case letters, this typeface is dignified and named after Vuk Kardžić.
- Sava's face, Cyrillic, 1987: A gorgeous old slavonic style typeface with upper and lower case.
- Epitaf, Cyrillic (Epitaph, my name, unknown year): An unpublished typeface found by his sons in the files. Ćirić used it to write names of births and deaths of friends and family members in a notebook. It could be seen as a prototype for tombstones.
Serbian Cyrillic and Latin font archive: CirilicaBodoni, Cir_Bodoni-Normal, CistanTimes, CirilicaTimesBoldItalic, CirilicaTimesBold, CirilicaTimesItalic, CirilicaTMBPN, CirilicaTMIPN, CirilicaTMRPN, CirilicaTimes, CYDutchB, CYDutchI, CYDutchR, CYUniversityR, MiroslavljevaCirilica, Mirosavljevo-Normal, Mirosavljevo-No, Miroslav, MiroslavCirilica, MiroslavNewCirilica, MiroslavNewCirilicaItalic, CourierYU, CourierYUBold, CourierYUBold-Italic, CourierYUItalic, HelvCiril, HelvCirilBold, HelvCirilItalic, Miroslav, TimesYU, TimesYUBold, TimesCiril. The ones with YU in the name are generally from MiMac, Belgrade, 1992. [Google]
Mindburger Studio (or: Gradient)
Milos Mitrovic (Mindburger Studio, est. 2015, Nis, Serbia, but now located in Bergen, Norway) created the 1920s style sans family Bambino (2014), which was influenced by Futura. In 2015, he published Bambino New.
Typefaces from 2016: Bergen Sans (a modern geometric sans advertized in this manner: [...]clean and stylized Scandinavian geometry, partnered with explosive post Bauhaus type aesthetics[...]), Noir (based on early 20th century geometric sans models; in 12 styles, for Latin, Greek and Cyrillic).
Typefaces from 2017: Bergen Mono, Bergen Text (a great geometric sans family).
Typefaces from 2019: Radial (a variable sans), Linear Sans.
Other links: Village link for Gradient. Gradient. [Google]
Kragujevac, Serbia-based designer of the medieval Serbian typeface Prizren (2019), Fruit Engravings (2019) and Outdoor Pictograms (2019). [Google]
Muzej Nikole Tesle
Belgrade-based creator of Tesla (2006), a flowing handwriting font. [Google]
Graphic designer in Belgrade, b. 1979, who created some typographic posters, including Frida in Belgrade (2012).
Behance link. [Google]
Belgrade, Serbia-based designer of the Latin / Cyrillic display sans typeface Metafizika (2016). [Google]
Natasa Gondry Denic
Graphic designer and typographer in Belgrade and Brussels. She created some counterless experimental typefaces in 2009 such as FullMetalTypo. The experimental (2d and 3d) typeface CF followed in 2010, and the hairline art deco typeface Chaplin in 2013. [Google]
Illustrator, art director and experimental type designer in Belgrade, Serbia. Blog. Creator of Zone Type Bold (2011, grotesque). [Google]
Designer of the first Serbina Cyrillic blackletter font, Gotica (2012). [Google]
Artist in Belgrade, Serbia, who designed the soft hand-crafted typeface Mereka (2016) for Latin and Cyrillic. [Google]
Belgrade, Serbia-based designer of the techno typeface Fat Mecha (2017) and the display typeface Storyline (2017). Creative Market link. Behance link. [Google]
Belgrade, Serbia-based designer of the sqaurish Latin / Cyrillic typeface Fontastic (2016). [Google]
[Kostic Type Foundry]
Cyrillic font designer based in Serbia. His typefaces include Cirilica Pisana Nova D (2005: copperplate calligraphy), Nicoletta Script (2005: calligraphic), Jagodina (2004: an informal typeface), Azbuka03_D (2005: copperplate calligraphy), Brock Script_D (2005: swashy calligraphic), and Inspiration (2005: calligraphic script). Some of these fonts can be downloaded at Localfonts.eu. [Google]
Belgrade, Serbia-based designer of a custom Cyrillic typeface in 2018. [Google]
Graduate of the Faculty of Applied Arts in Belgrade. Creator of the Cyrillic sans serif typeface Tkac (2012). [Google]
At Univerzitet Metropolitan in Belgrade, Serbia, Nina Ignjatovic designed a hipster typeface called Geometric (2018). [Google]
Belgrade, Serbia-based designer of the (Latin / Cyrillic) condensed modern fashion mag typeface Princeps (2017). [Google]
[Typolis (Serbian version)]
Born in Zadar, Croatia, Olja Mandic moved to Belgrade, Serbia, in 1991. In 2014, he designed the techno typeface Neutrino. Behance link. [Google]
Dragan Pesic's foundry, Pesic, is located in Kraljevo, Serbia. Dragan created the grungy typeface Missing Stone (2013) and the lava lamp typeface Owl (2013). These typefaces, like nearly all his typefaces, cover both Latin and Cyrillic.
In 2014, he created the flared lapidary typeface Epigraph, the grungy typeface Macalature, the sans typeface Tact (a techno / Wall Street sans), Tact Slab, and the techno sans typeface Big Bang.
Typefaces from 2016: Narration (a crisp serif font family), Tact Slab New, Train Of Thought (based on vintage and retro posters of the 19th and 20th centuries; with Ana Pesic), Tact New.
Typefaces from 2017: Days Like This (2017, an angular hand-crafted dadaist counterless pair of typefaces; with Ana Pesic).
Typefaces from 2018: Glint (a redesign of the elliptical typeface BigBang). [Google]
Novi Sad, Serbia-based designer (b. 1985) of the fat hand-drawn typeface Oneer (2014). Typefaces made in 2016: School Stop (a wonderful variable width and interlocking poster typeface), the free oriental brush script font Bold Brush or Blow Brush (according to the designer it was influenced by the hip hop culture).
Dafont link. Behance link. Old URL. Creative Market link. [Google]
Belgrade, Serbia-based designer (b. 1988) of the hand-crafted typeface Chokoshtroko (2016). Dafont link. [Google]
Lazar Dimitrijevic, who set up the foundry Posterizer KG, was born in 1981 in Bajina Basta, Serbia, and lives in Kragujevac, Serbia. He obtained a Master of Graphic Design from the Department of Graphic Design, FILUM Kragujevac, Serbia. Presently, he is art director at Design Studio BOX.
His first font, Art Decor (2009), is a brush typeface in the style of Treefrog. Koma Latin (2009) is a roughly outlined script face. Bajka (2010) is a wonderfully entertaining Baskerville family (Latin, Cyrillic, dingbats, ornamental caps) made for children's fairy tale books. Scarface (2010) is a sublime scratchy hand ideal for torture movies. Kaligraf Latin (2010) is a rough-edged calligraphic face.
In 2012, he published Collage BB (hand-drawn didone), the heavy Egyptian typeface Posterizer KG at DizajnDesign. This font was created for Celebration of 5 years anniversary of Design Studio Box from the city of Kragujevac (KG), the industrial city of Serbia. Posterizer KG (+Rounded) contains all the Latin and Cyrillic glyphs. Posterizer KG Inline and Posterizer KG Rough (a letterpress emulation version) were added in 2013. Posterizer KG Sketch followed in 2015.
Still in 2012, he designed the ink splatter typeface Oops, and the calligraphic typefaces Cal Humanistic Cursive (a renaming of Cal Humanist Corsiva, posibly under pressure from Monotype), Cal Humanist Minuscule and Cal Humanist Corsiva.
He also creates stunning calligraphic works.
Cal Roman Capitals (2012) is a Trajan typeface. In the same calligraphic series, we find Cal Rustic Capitals (2012), Cal Square Capitals (2012), and Cal Uncial (2012).
Typefaces from 2013: Posterizer KG Sketch, Cal Expressive, Cal Bakerly (calligraphic script in the style of Arthur Baker), Cal Cursive Roman, Cal Rustic Black, Cal Neuland Bold (after the German expressionist typeface Neuland by Rudolf Koch), Cal Gothic Bastard, Cal Gothic Fraktur, Cal Fraktur Modern, Cal Rotunda, Cal Gothic Textura, Cal Carolingian Minuscule, Cal Carolingian Gothic, Cal Insular Minuscule, Cal Insular Majuscule, Cal Beneventan Minuscule.
Typefaces from 2014: Cal Neuland Shadow, Mozzart Sketch (a decorative hand-sketched version of Mozzart Sans, a slightly rounded, neo-Grotesque corporate font, that was originally created for the Belgrade-based company Mozzart DDO; followed in 2015 by Mozzart Rough).
In 2015, he designed Drina (brush typeface), My Way (a TreeFrog style handwritten face).
Typefaces from 2016: Bali Beach (brush script), Omorika (a rustic hand-crafted sketched serif typeface).
Typefaces from 2017: Workshop Brush (dry brush), Workshop Marker, Workshop Pencil.
Typefaces from 2018: Miro (after the lettering in Joan Miro's art), Ernest (based on the hand of Ernest Hemingway), Natron (rounded condensed sans; +Pictograms).
Typefaces from 2019: My Tara (a thick brush script), Natron Rough, Kalli Hand, Kalli Sketch.
Typefaces from 2020: Liceum (a rhythmic calligraphic script for Latin and Cyrillic), Cal Fraktur Brush, Cal Roman Black, Cal Roman Modern, Cal Uncial Rough. [Google]
Belgrade-based designer of C Blippo and C Futur. [Google]
Quzma Supply Co
Belgrade, Serbia-based designer (b. 1986) of Warlow Slab (2016), Warlow Sans (2016), Lockwood (2016, comic book style), Pinon (2016, a nice free 6-style hand-crafted poster typeface family), Loosey Sans (2016, free), Osgood Sans (2016), Osgood Slab (2016), Carson (2016, a rounded sans typeface family), Carson Outline (2016), Carson Extras (2016), and Cogswell Condensed (2016, free). Creative Market link. Dafont link. Behance link. Link for Quzma Supply Co. [Google]
Belgrade-based designer of the typefaces Deep Sleep (2014, hand-drawn) and Tui Tui (2014, experimental). [Google]
Serbian creator of BlackChancery (2008), a Serbian extension of Doug Miles' 1993 font Black Chancery. [Google]
Kragujevac, Serbia-based creator of Bloody Font (2013). [Google]
Graduate of the Faculty of Applied Arts in Belgrade. Creator of the Cyrillic decorative headline typeface Trsoje (2012). [Google]
In 2017, during her studies, Sara Stosic (Belgrade, Serbia) designed the all caps roman typeface Prestolonaslednik. [Google]
Novi Sad, Serbia-based designer of the fat rounded typeface Takovo-Swisslion (2014, Latin and Cyrillic). [Google]
Belgrade-based designer of the serif typeface Implicit (2016). [Google]
Serbian Orthodox Church
Links for Greek, Georgian and Greek polytonic fonts. They offer 60 Latinica fonts (Direct access) and 60 Cirilica fonts by Dino Art Corporation (1993) (Direct access). The font names: Cirilica60, Cirilica80, AmerigoYU, AmericanTypewriterBoldYU, AmericanTypewriterYU, AmericanUncialCirilica, ArabiaCirilica, AardvarkCirilicaBold, AardvarkCirilica, ArialCirilicaBold, ArialCirilicaItalic, Arial-Cirilica, ArialCirilicaBoldItalic, AristonCirilicaBoldItalic, AtletaCirilica, AvantGardeBoldYU, AvantGardeYU, AvantGardeBoldYU, AvantGardeLightYU, BahamasYU, BahamasCirilica, BahamasBoldYU, BahamasHeavyYU, BahamasLightYU, BangkokYU, BangkokBoldYU, BangkokCirilicaBold, BangkokCirilica, BarnumYU, BedrockCirilica, BekerCirilicaBold, BlippoBoldYU, BodnoffYU, BodoniYU, BodoniBoldYU, BodoniBoldItalicYU, BodoniItalicYU, BodoniCirilicaBold, BodoniCirilicaItalic, BodoniCirilica, BodoniRomanCirilica, BodoniCirilicaBoldItalic, BookCirilicaBold, BookCirilicaItalic, BookmanYU, BookmanBoldYU, BookmanBoldItalicYU, BookmanItalicYU, BookCirilica, BookCirilicaBoldItalic, BremenCirilica, BroadwayBoldYU, BroadwayCirilica, BrooklynBoldYU, BrooklynBoldItalicYU, BrooklynItalicYU, BrooklynYU, BrunswikBoldYU, BrunswikBoldItalicYU, BrunswikItalicYU, BrunswikYU, BrushScriptCirilica, CalligraphYU, CalligraphBoldYU, CalligraphBoldItalicYU, CalligraphItalicYU, CaligraphCirilica, CasablancaBoldYU, CasablancaBoldItalicYU, CasablancaItalicYU, CasablancaYU, CasperOpenFaceYU, CenturionOldBoldYU, CenturionOldYU, CenturionOldItalicYU, CenturyCirilicaItalic, CenturyCirilica, CharterYU, CharterBoldYU, CharterBoldItalicYU, CharterItalicYU, CheltenhamYU, CheltenhamBoldYU, CheltenhamBoldItalicYU, CheltenhamItalicYU, ChinaYU, ClarendonYU, ClarendonBoldYU, CloisterYU, CzarCirilicaBold, CzarCirilicaItalic, CzarCirilica, CzarCirilicaBoldItalic, GoliatCirilicaBold, Goliat-Cirilica, HelveticaCirilicaBold, HelveticaCirilicaItalic, HelveticaCirilica, HelveticaCirilicaBoldItalic, HippoCirilicaBold, Hippo-CirilicaOutline, Madrone-Cirilica, MemorandumCirilica, Miroslavljeva-Cirilica, MurmanskCirilica, OdessaScriptCirilica, RenfrewCirilica, SouthernCirilicaItalic, Southern-Cirilica, TimesCirilicaBold, TimesCirilicaItalic, Times-Cirilica, TimesRomanCirilicaItalic, TimesRomanCirilica, TimesRomanCirilicaBoldItalic, TimesCirilicaBoldItalic, UnicornCirilica. [Google]
Shin & Del
Shin and Del is the Belgrade-based team of Vukasin Delevic (photography) and Adel Fares (graphic design). In 2016, they created the text typeface Delevic (for Latin and Cyrillic) and the script font Fares Script. [Google]
SIAS (or: Signographical Institute Andreas Stötzner)
Andreas Stötzner (b. 1965, Leipzig) is a type designer who lives in Pegau, Saxony. Graduate from the Hochschule für Grafik und Buchkunst Leipzig and the Royal College of Art in London (1994). Since then, free-lance. Started making typefaces in 1997. He edits the sign and symbol magazine Signa. He spoke at Typo Berlin 2004 and at ATypI 2005 in Helsinki where his talk was entitled On the edges of the alphabet. Coauthor with Tilo Richter of Signographie : Entwurf einer Lehre des graphischen Zeichens. He set up SIAS in 2006-2007 and started selling fonts through MyFonts.
He created Andron Scriptor (2004, free), with original ideas for Greek and Cyrillic alphabets. The Andron project intends to extend this Venetian text typeface in many directions: right now, it covers Latin, Greek, Coptic, Gothic, runes, Cyrillic, Etruscan and Irish scripts, musical symbols, astronomical and meteorological symbols, and many dingbats. The Andron MC Corpus series (2012) contains Uncial, Mediaeval and Capital styles. He also created Andron 1 Monetary (2014), Andron 1 Alchemical and Andron 2 ABC (2014, for children's literature).
On or before 2006, he created a few typefaces for Elsner & Flake. These include EF Beautilities, EF Ornamental Rules, EF Squares, EF Topographicals, EF Typoflorals, EF Typographicals, EF Typomix, EF Typosigns, EF Typospecs, EF Typostuff.
Fonts from 2007-2010: Gramma (2007, three dingbats with basic geometric forms), Andron Corpus Publix (2007, dingbats including one called Transport), SIAS Freefont (2007, more dingbats), SIAS Lineaturen (2007, geometric dingbats) SIAS Symbols (2009), Andron Freefont (2009, text font), Andron 1 Latin Corpus (2009), Andron 1 Greek Corpus (2009), Andron Kyrillisch (2009, consisting of Andron 1 CYR, Andron 2 CYR and Andron 2 SRB where SRB stands for Serbian), Andron 2 English Corpus (2010, blackletter-inspired alphabet), Andron 2 Deutsch Corpus (2010), Andron Ornamente (2012), Reinstaedt (2009, blackletter family), Crisis (2009, economic sans).
Lapidaria (2010) is an elegant art deco sans family that includes an uncial style and covers Greek. Hibernica (2010) is a Celtic variant of Lapidaria. Symbojet Bold (2010) is a combination of a Latin and Greek sans typeface with 400 pictograms.
Rosenbaum (2012) is a festive blackletter face, obtained by mixing in didone elements.
In 2013, he published Arthur Cabinet, a six-style inline art deco caps collection of typefaces, with accompanying Arthur Ornaments and Arthur Sans. Meanwhile, Andron Mega grew to 14,700 unicode glyphs in 2013.
Typefaces from 2014: Behrens Ornaments (art nouveau ornaments based on Behrens Schuck by Peter Behrens, 1914), Fehlian (an open capitals typeface family with Plain, Gravur and Precious styles), Happy Maggie (a hand-drawn script based on Maggie's sketches when she was 13 years old), Abendschroth (for lullabies, girl's literature, murder poems, short stories and Christmas gift books), Abendschroth Scriptive, Albyona English No. 1 (as Andreas writes, suitable for children's books, fantasy literature, crime novels, natural food packaging and poison labeling, for infancy memories, vanitas kitsch items, dungeon museum bar menu cards, introductions to herbalism and witchcraft manuals), Lindau (a Venetian Jensonian typeface with considerable flaring in the ascenders), Grund (based on the 1924 art deco signage in Leipzig's Untergrundmesshalle Markt whose architect was Otto Droge), Leipziger Ornamente (based on variopus buildings in Gohlis, Leipzig, dating from the 1920s-1950s), Kaukasia Albanisch (ancient writing system of the Caucasus region, allegedly created by Mesrop Mashtots who also invented the Armenian alphabet in 405).
Commissioned fonts include Runes (commission by Ludwig Maximilian University Munich), Lapidaria Menotec, Old Albanian, Dania (a special notation for Danish dialectology. Font extension of Latin Modern Italic (Open source), commissioned by the Arnamagnanean Institute, Copenhagen Universit).
Typefaces from 2015: Andron 2 EIR Corpus (uncial, Gaeli), Artemis Sans (Greek version of Arthur Sans), Ardagh (a Gaelic / Irish version of Arthur Sans). Don Sans (a sturdy sans).
Typefaces from 2016: Popelka (an uncial fairy tale font modeled after the opening sequence of the 1973 movie Drei Haselnüsse für Aschenbrödel).
MyFonts. Behance link. Abstract Fonts link. Klingspor link.
Showcase of Andreas Stötzner's typefaces at MyFonts. View the SIAS typeface library. [Google]
Simeon out West Foundry
[Brett T. Johnson]
Brett T. Johnson (b. Loveland, CO, 1972) runs Simeon out West Foundry in Englewood, CO. He sells fonts based on ideas from Byzantine, Ge'ez and old slavonic scripts, and Eastern Orthodox manuscripts. Brett Johnson was born in Loveland, CO, in 1972. The creations: Typewriter Olympia SM8 (2016, based on old Olympia SM and SF typewriters fromthe 50s and 60s), Radonezh (2016, old Slavonic simulation font family), Simeon's Handwritten Blackletter (2008), Pseudo-Hellenic (2008, a Greek and Latin didone pair), Tiblisi (2008, a Georgian simulation face), Pentopolis (2008, based on an ancient Coptic script), Svati Sava (2008, a Serb-look font), Muscovite Manuscript (2005), Pravoslavnie (2005), Alexandria (2005), Alaskaya (2006), Svati Nikolai (2005), Thebes (2005), Suzdal (2005), Kniga Molitva (2005), Vladimir (2005), Scetis (2005), Adis Ababa (2008). Colonial Press (+Italic) (2008) is based on work by William Caslon I (1692-1766). Klingspor link. [Google]
Designer from Belgrade, b. 1985. He studied graphic design at the Faculty of Applied Arts in Belgrade. Behance link. He created the humoristic bouncy sans typeface Ogi (2009). [Google]
Novi Sad, Serbia-based freelance graphic and brand designer. Behance link. Creator of the artsy display typefaces Clutchee (2009) and Clutches (2009). He cofounded Just.Dot, a creative studio in Serbia, with his friend Zeljko Gudelj in 2008. His own site, where one can freely download Clutchee. Klingspor link. Font Squirrel link. [Google]
Graphic designer from Zurich who works in the fields of illustration, lettering and fine arts. He studied architecture at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (German: Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule or ETH) in Zurich during three years. He also studied law at the University of Zurich, graduating as a Master of Law, specializing in intellectual property rights.
Creator of the simple but quite effective sans caps typeface Wapo (2011-2012).
Behance link. [Google]
Yugoslav painter and designer (b. 1959) who created the artsy fonts Eclektic (1998), Petra, Noise (1999) and Strings (1999). He graduated from the Faculty of Applied Arts in Belgrade in 1982 and 1985 and lives in Belgrade. In 2017, he set up Typolis together with Olivera Stojadinović. [Google]
Belgrade, Serbia-based designer of Blue Display (2018). [Google]
[Tour de Force Font Foundry]
Serb designer of the handwriting typeface Basquiat (2019), which is inspired by Jean-Michel Basquiat's handwritten letters from his paintings an drawings. His Brutalism typeface (2019) refers to the brutalist movement. [Google]
Srpski fontovi (Serbian fonts)
About 60 Yugoslav/Serbian fonts, some Latin, and some Cyrillic. Direct access. Included: CSwiss, CirilicaBodoni, Cir_tms-Normal, CistanTimes, CirilicaTMBPN, CirilicaTimes, CTimes, CYBlippoR, CYDutchR, CYUniversityR, Mirosavljevo-Normal, Miroslav, CourierYU, HelvCiril, Miroslav, TimesYU, TimesCiril, YUArnoldBckln, YUBitsAmerigoR, YUBaskervilB, Helvetica, MiroslavljevaCirilica, MiroslavCirilica, MiroslavNewCirilica. Many of the fonts are copyright MiMac, Belgrade. [Google]
Belgrade-based designer (b. 1979) of the simple sans typeface LS Data (2005). [Google]
Loznica, Serbia-based designer of the free AI-format experimental typeface Audiowave (2018). [Google]
Industrial and graphic designer in Belgrade, Serbia, who created Wide Type in 2017. [Google]
Belgrade, Serbia-based designer of the textued typeface Brickaway (2016). [Google]
Graphic designer in Belgrade, Serbia, who obtained a Masters degree in graphic design from the Faculty of Applied Arts in Belgrade. In 2015, he created a custom typeface for the Belgrade Week Of Art 2015. Behance link. [Google]
Graphic designer in Novi Sad, Serbia, who created the monoline Cyrillic typeface Neonka (2017). Neonka is a contraction of Neon and Azbuka (alphabet in Serbian). In 2018, he designed the all caps Cyriilic typeface Aria. [Google]
Graduate of the Belgrade Scool of Design. Belgrade, Serbia-based designer of Chameleon (2015). [Google]
Uzice, Serbia-based designer of the (partial) Trajan typeface Roma (2017), which was finished during his studies at Politehnika Beograd. Behance link. [Google]
Serbian designer of the calligraphic Cyrillic/Church Slavonic script Miroslavs gospel, which is based on calligraphic characters from the 12th century. NeoplantaBG (2009) is a didone face for Latin and Cyrillic. See also here for a free download. [Google]
Novi Sad, Serbia-based designer of the Latin / Cyrillic display typeface Judith (2014). [Google]
Serbian graphic designer in Belgrade. Creator of the fat counterless typeface ABECEDA (2010). Behance link. [Google]
Belgrade-based designer of a few typefaces in 2011, like Blab (hand-drawn outline). Latin and Cyrillic. [Google]
Serbian type designer. Creator of Innervers Gothic (2014: a monoline superelliptical organic sans). [Google]
Belgrade, Serbia-based designer of the hand-printed Latin / Cyrillic typeface Scarlet Book (2014). [Google]
Illustrator in Belgrade. Creator of an artistic alphabet in 2012 called Shed. [Google]
Graduate of the Faculty of Applied Arts in Belgrade. Creator of the serifed Cyrillic typeface Carreta (2012). [Google]
Graphic designer in Belgrade, who designed the lapidary typeface family Monarch in 013 for Latin and Cyrillic. [Google]
Novi Sad, Serbia-based designer of the free hand-crafted Latin / Cyrillic typeface family Katona (2016). [Google]
Illustrator and graphic designer in New Belgrade, Serbia. Developer of the rounded stencil font Peak Performance (2015) for a sports company. Behance link. [Google]
Graduate of the Faculty of Applied Arts in Belgrade. Creator of the decorative yrillic typeface Orasi that was by the illustrations for the book "Hedgehog's House". [Google]
Belgrade-based designer of the Latin / Cyrillic typefaces Plain Font (2012) and Wired (2012). [Google]
Or Teodora Eratz. Belgrade, Serbia-based student-designer of the Cyrillic typeface Prizma (2016). [Google]
Belgrade, Serbia-based designer of a display typeface in 2018. [Google]
Novi Sad, Serbia-based designer of a few hand-crafted Latin and Cyrillic typefaces in 2018. [Google]
Graphic designer and digital artist (b. 1987) from Nis and Belgrade, Serbia, who created some experimental fonts in 2009. These include a Cyrillic face, Creative Type (2010-2011, technical drawing typeface family) and Cutting Edge. In 2015, she made the hipster typeface Eliot Type. In 2017, she added the playful Fox Typeface (for Latin and Cyrillic).
Aka Egotreep. Dafont link. Behance link. [Google]
Theyann PentaGram (or: Full Moon Design House)
Born in Serbia in 1988, "Theyann PentaGram" made the free blackletter typefaces PentaGram's Gothika (2005) and PentaGram's Callygraphy (2013), the text typeface PentaGram's Ghost Whisperers (2013---inside the font we find a copyright string that points to Requienm Text by Hoefler and Frere-Jones---ahem, clearing my throat), the medieval typeface Malefissent (2013), the grungy typeface Pentagram's Stregherria (2013), and the medieval script typeface PentaGram's Aurra (2013). Further typefaces from 2013 include PentaGram's Neffylim [which, oddly, is copyright of Coppelia], and PentaGram's Crafth [this one is the copyright of Traci "Ulario" Vermeesch-Vezina, 2012].
In 2014, he made Pentagramn's Salemica (or: Salem by Theyann).
Fontspace link. Dafont link. [Google]
Belgrade and now Cologne, Germany-based illustrator and graphic designer. In 2011, Tihana created Fama and Kronopio (art deco; Latin and Cyrillic). In 2014, she designed the Comic Sans-styled typeface Zora. [Google]
Belgrade, Serbia-based creator of the flared Latin / Cyrillic display typeface Klinopis (2013). She also made an unnamed rubber-band-inspired experimental typeface in 2013. Tea Regular (2013) is an elliptical sans. [Google]
Cyrillic type design workshop held during the summer of 2012 in Trsic, Serbia. The orgnizer was Ivana Cirovic, and the mentor was Vedran Erakovic. Guest lecturers included Jana Orsolic and Borut Vild. The eight participants were all former students of the Faculty of Applied Arts in Belgrade: Ilija Lazarevic, Ivana Cirovic, Marija Rnjak, Marijana Orsolic, Nikola Stojanovic, Sanja Grbic, Tamara Pesic, Tanja Stevanovic. [Google]
Type and letter design site run by Olivera Stojadinović, Jana Orsolic (was: Nikolic) and Olivera Batajic Sretenovic from Serbia. Types shown there:
Uncommented type includes Tabula (roman), Rastko, Prospera, Miranda, Aram and Anima. [Google]
- Miroslavs gospel, Stjepan Fileki: a great Cyrillic and Church-Slavonic typeface based on calligraphic characters from the 12th century.
- Intro, Jana Nikolic: Latin and Cyrillic calligraphy.
- Slovit, Vedran Erakovic: an interpretation of the Cyrillic version of the Renaissance cursive.
- Tapija, Ivana Kurubic: calligraphic script.
- Aspera, Olivera Stojadinović: based on pointed brush lettering.
- Resavska, Olivera Stojadinović, published at ITC.
Tour de Force Font Foundry
Slobodan Jelesijevic (b. 1951) is a Serbian type designer, born and based in Gornji Milanovac, Serbia. He graduated with a degree in graphic communication and lettering from the Faculty of Applied Arts, University of Arts, Belgrade. He is a typeface and graphic designer and illustrator, and teaches graphic communication at the Faculty of Art in Nis, Serbia. In 2009, he created ITC Nova Lineta (chiseled look font) and ITC Pino (a bouncy light-hearted typeface designed for a children's magazine). Also in 2009, he and Dusan Jelesijevic founded Tour de Force, where one can buy Belco (2009, sans and slab serif by Slobodan Jelesijevic; now also at T26), Punkerro Crust (2009, delicious scratchy type by Dusan Jelesijevic), Qiltray (2009, handwriting for long texts), Horrorama (rough brush signpainting face), Oblik and Oblik Serif (2009, by Slobodan), Demis (2010, a decorative typeface by Slobodan), Oblik Classic (2010, by Slobodan--an organic sans family), Oblik Bold, Rough the Type (2009, hand-printed), Trubadur (2010, triangularly serifed typeface by Slobodan), and Znak Symbols (2009).
In 2012, he made Kvadra (slabbed family), Vezus (a flared sans family characterized by a capricious w) and Prored (an elegant sans family).
In 2013, he published Vezus Serif, which was followed in 2014 by Vezus Serif Texture.
In 2014, Slobodan finished the sans typeface family Galeb and Galeb Texture.
Typefaces from 2015: Jeles (a rounded didone typeface family with large x-height).
Typefaces from 2016: Galeb Stencil, Galeb Stencil Texture.
Typefaces from 2018 by Slobodan: Dopis (a neo-grotesque).
Typefaces from 2019 by Slobodan: Artartika (Sans, Slab: high-waisted).
MyFonts link. Klingspor link. Agfa/Monotype link. Fontspring link.
Catalog in 2010. [Google]
Typolis (Serbian version)
Serbian type designer and calligrapher who made these typefaces:
Visit her fantastic Black Cat Gallery while you are at it.
- ITC Anima (2006). A gorgeous bouncy type family with angled weight stress, and angled, even calligraphic, crossbars and serifs.
- ITC Aspera. Awarded at the TDC2 2001 type competition.
- ITC Hedera (2001). Semi-calligraphic.
- ITC Rastko (2000). A great calligraphic font.
- Plusquam Sans (2017). A humanist sans.
- ITC Resavska and ITC Resavska Sans (2004). She writes: Resava is the old name of an early 15th century Manasija monastery. There was a manuscript workshop at the monastery where, for many years, Resava script served as the model for scribes. Download Resavska here and Resavska Sans here.
In 2017, together with painter and graphic artist Slavko Milenkovic, she set up Typolis (not to be confused with earlier typefoundries called Typolis, one located in Belgium, and the other one in Germany. At Typolis, she published Plusquam Sans (2017).
Home page. [Google]
Unhumanism (Belgrade) created the modular / structured multiline typeface Dome (2011). [Google]
History student in Skopje (b. 1977) who compiled a collection of freeware Glagolitic and OCS (Old Church Slavonic) Cyrillic truetype fonts. As he puts it, this collection is suitable for publishing students and scholars of linguistics in general and for Slavicist and other interested in the paleographical characteristic of these two ancient scripts used by Slavs, as well as their medieval literature: Chronicals, Gospels and their segments, as well as prayer books, hymns, sermons and epigraphic inscriptions. Most of these are by Vladislav Dorosh (Calmius Software): Evangelie-Ucs, Feofan-Ucs, Indycton-ieUcs, IndyctonUcs, Irmologion-Caps-Ucs-SpacedOut, Irmologion-Caps-Ucs, Irmologion-Caps-ieUcs-SpacedOut, Irmologion-Caps-ieUcs, Irmologion-Caps-kUcs-SpacedOut, Irmologion-Caps-kUcs, Irmologion-Ucs-SpacedOut, Irmologion-Ucs, Irmologion-ieUcs-SpacedOut, Irmologion-ieUcs, Irmologion-kUcs-SpacedOut, Irmologion-kUcs, Orthodox.tt-Ucs8-Caps-SpacedOut, Orthodox.tt-Ucs8-Caps-tight, Orthodox.tt-Ucs8-Caps, Orthodox.tt-Ucs8-Drop-Caps, Orthodox.tt-Ucs8-SpacedOut, Orthodox.tt-Ucs8-tight, Orthodox.tt-Ucs8, Pochaevsk-Caps-Ucs-SpacedOut, Pochaevsk-Caps-Ucs, Pochaevsk-Caps-ieUcs-SpacedOut, Pochaevsk-Caps-ieUcs, Pochaevsk-Caps-kUcs-SpacedOut, Pochaevsk-Caps-kUcs, Pochaevsk-Ucs-SpacedOut, Pochaevsk-Ucs, Pochaevsk-ieUcs-SpacedOut, Pochaevsk-ieUcs, Pochaevsk-kUcs-SpacedOut, Pochaevsk-kUcs, Psaltyr-Ucs-SpacedOut, Psaltyr-Ucs, Psaltyr-ieUcs-SpacedOut, Psaltyr-ieUcs, Psaltyr-kUcs-SpacedOut, Psaltyr-kUcs, Slavjanic-Ucs-SpacedOut, Slavjanic-Ucs, Slavjanic-ieUcs-SpacedOut, Slavjanic-ieUcs, Slavjanic-kUcs-SpacedOut, Slavjanic-kUcs, StaroUspenskaya-Caps-Ucs-SpacedOut, StaroUspenskaya-Caps-Ucs, StaroUspenskaya-Caps-ieUcs-SpacedOut, StaroUspenskaya-Caps-ieUcs, StaroUspenskaya-Caps-kUcs-SpacedOut, StaroUspenskaya-Caps-kUcs, StaroUspenskaya-Ucs-SpacedOut, StaroUspenskaya-Ucs, StaroUspenskaya-ieUcs-SpacedOut, StaroUspenskaya-ieUcs, StaroUspenskaya-kUcs-SpacedOut, StaroUspenskaya-kUcs, Triodion-Caps-Ucs-SpacedOut, Triodion-Caps-Ucs, Triodion-Caps-ieUcs-SpacedOut, Triodion-Caps-ieUcs, Triodion-Caps-kUcs-SpacedOut, Triodion-Caps-kUcs, Triodion-Ucs-SpacedOut, Triodion-Ucs, Triodion-ieUcs-SpacedOut, Triodion-ieUcs, Triodion-kUcs-SpacedOut, Triodion-kUcs, VertogradUcs, Zlatoust-Ucs-SpacedOut, Zlatoust-Ucs, Zlatoust-ieUcs-SpacedOut, Zlatoust-ieUcs, Zlatoust-kUcs-SpacedOut, Zlatoust-kUcs. Other fonts: Dilyana, Evangelje-Plain, GlagoljicaOBLStaroHrvatskoPismo, GlagoljicaUGLStaroHrvatskoPismo, KirillicaWincyr, Lavra-Plain, Lazov, LazovBold, MPH2BDamase, Novgorod-Plain, OldChurchSlavonicCyr, OldChurchSlavonicGla, Orthodox.tt-eRoos-SpacedOut, Orthodox.tt-eRoos, SBibSlav. Also, publisher of Arben Golja 2 (2007, see also here), a compilation of 1000 freeware Serbian decorative Cyrillic fonts. Macedonia (2007) is a collection of freeware Greek historical fonts, including Linear B. Includes the exact paleographical forms of characters used in Mycenae and classical Ancient Greece. [Google]
Serbian designer who lives in Belgrade. He was born in 1980 in Split, Croatia. In 2009, he obtained a Masters in Applied Graphics from the University of Arts, Belgrade. He works as an Art editor in the Serbian daily newspaper Politika, and also collaborates with FontShop. In 2017, he set up LetterPalette together with Ana Prodanovic.
His typefaces include Skockana (2003), Slovit (2003, an interpretation of the Cyrillic version of the Renaissance cursive), Narator (2003). Koledar (2004), Cyrillic versions of Champion and Magna (2008), Orden (2010), and Adamant BG (2009, a sturdy Cyrillic family). Besides Adamant Sans BG, he designed PF Adamant Pro (2010, Parachute: +Cyrillic). Still in 2010, PF Adamant Pro was awarded Third Prize in the Granshan 2010 competition for Cyrillic text typefaces. PF Adamant Sans Pro followed in 2015, after winning an award at Granshan 2014.
In 2015, Vedran Erakovic and Marija Rnjak co-designed the handwriting font Vuk, which is named after and based on the handwriting of Vuk Stefanovic Karadzic, a Serbian philologist and linguist who was the major reformer of the Serbian language. Thanks to some OpenType features, this typeface does a good job at emulating real handwriting.
In 2017, he designed the sans serif typeface Stena, which is characterized by deep sharp ink traps and a large x-height.
In 2018, he published Ana, a layered set of decorative capitals.
MyFonts link. Free downloads here. Behance link. Klingspor link. Abstract Fonts link. [Google]
Graduate from Polytechnics University in Zagreb, and student at the New York Online School for Design. He created the fat counterless typeface Geometry Circle (2010).
MyFonts link. Vjeko Sumic Design Studio, located in Serbia. Klingspor link. Behance link. Vand Studio link. [Google]
Belgrade, Serbia-based designer of the Anglo-Saxon rune typeface Nordun (2016). Behance link. [Google]
Designer in Belgrade, Serbia, who created Kosans (2016), a Serbian license plate font. Behance link. [Google]
Belgrade, Serbia-based designer (b. 1981) of these typefaces:
- The dingbat fonts Wakazi (2020), Risk (2020), Wurm (2020), Beard Man (2020), Hoder (2020), Damen (2018), Damen 2 (2020), Foliga (2020), Solo Drinker (2020), Congress (2020), Farmacy (2020), Elections (2020), Emergency (2020), VN Arrows (2020), Hexagonos (2020), Automobiles (2020), Cars (2020), Emoji Boom (2020), Bestia (2020), Aliens (2020), Insect (2020), Bytost (2020), Monstero (2020), Aveto (2020), Dancing Cat (2020), Atradimas (2020), Womanhood (2020), Figur (2020: an alien insect font), Halfwits (2020), Silly Donkey (2020), Crazy Monkey (2020), Round Masks (2020), The Quick Dog (2020), Flying Birds (2020), Maskid (2020), Monstra (2020), Bull Skulls (2020), War Items (2020), Public Transport (2020), Loomad (2020), Mokhabiso (2020: African patterns), Record (2020), Mulher (2020), Heroez (2020), Bulls (2020), Madarak (2020: birds), Bold People (2020), Munari (2019: a collection of drawings based on Bruno Munari's book "Artista e designer" from 1966), Screws (2019), White Mouse (2019), Schepselen (2019), Glatze (2019), Crosses (2019), Chefs (2019), Diamond Blocks (2019), Hexagons (2019), Maumbo (2019), Circles (2019), Enfeite (2019), Pigs (2019), Mythos (2019), Kreaturen (2019), Baby Alien (2019), Body Moving (2019), Various Boys (2019), Lines and Objects (2019), Mouvman (2019), Watch (2019), Credit Card (2019), Cycles (2019), Devil Emoji (2019), Fare (2019), Mund (2019), Labbra (2019), Circular Ornaments (2019), Cranium (2019), Ugok (2019), Ansigter (2019), Tsim (2019), Schmetterlinge (2019), Jungfrau Maria (2019: religious icons), Knights Helmets (2019), Kinderskizzen (2019), Wolves (2019), Various Cats (2019), Owls (2019), Spiral Object 3D (2019), Zodiac Signs (2019), Vladimir (2019: Putin scanbats), Cyborg (2019), Duck (2019), Cat 3D (2019), Object 3D (2019), Circle and Line (2019), Various Girls (2019), Portraits de Femmes (2019: scanbats), Dulcet (2019), Erotic Symbols (2019), Frauen (2019), Pierre the Vampire (2019), Robotter (2019), Middle Finger (2019), Claudio The Cat (2019), Medusa (2019), Veggie (2019), Pablo (2019), Fishes (2019), Dream of Picasso (2019), Stam (2019), Animality (2019), Ink Drops (2019), Faces (2019), Bayan (2019), Froggy (2019), Senhoras (2019), Diamondo (2019), Skallen (2019: skulls), Swimmers (2019), Churches (2019), Easter Icons (2019), Notre Dame and Notre Dame de Paris (2019: scanbats), Lippen (2019), Gullar (2019), Bankwesen (2019), Hollywood Actors (2019: scanbats), Creatures with Horns (2019), Vehicles (2019), Various Hands (2019), 3D Animals (2019), Abantu (2019), Herr (2019), Menge (2019), Funny Aliens (2019), Mustachos (2019), Kids Drawings (2019), Tierfarm (2019), Troep (2018), Women Heads (2018), Cats and Dogs (2018), Wanita (2018), Eyez (2018), Animales (2018), Peoples (2018), Mobile Icons (2018), Controllers (2018), Womano (2018), Lost in Space (2018), European Leaders (2018: scanbats), Blumen (2018: flowers), Trumpolina (2018: Trump scanbats), Tetriso (2018), Snowflake (2018), Meine (2018: masks), Horoscopicus (2018), Esoterica (2018), Astrologicus (2018, astrolical symbols), Abbild (2018: African masks), Being (2018: monsters), Gebell (2018), Headed (2018), Falter (2018), Filling (2018), Anichka (2018), Cyclopia (2018), Buggus (2018), Opa (2018), Messe (2017), Head of Idol (2018), Diavolo Nero (2017: funny silhouettes).
- The boxed or encircled alphabets Ordinary Capitals (2020), Broadway Capitals (2020), Browser Capitals (2020), Capitalismo (2019), Schwarzenberg Capitals (2019), Retrospective Capitals (2019), Official Capitals (2020), Impression (2020), Oriental (2020), and Letters in Circles (2018).
- The shadow fonts Franchise (2020), Pencil (2020), Ruanda (2020), Pepito (2020), Megalomania (2020), Rouleaux (2020), Frozen (2020), Together (2020), Saldo (2020), Museum (2020), Network (2020), Hunk (2020), Cultus (2020), Creator (2020), Flow (2020), Blocchi (2020), Possession (2020), Bad Germans (2020), Discounted (2020), Traversal (2020), Mangalica (2020), Murmansk (2019), Summer Candy (2019), Question (2019), Second Channel (2019), 3D Models (2019), Memory (2019), Computer (2019), Diversity (2019), Elastic Letters (2019), Businessman (2019), Kuchen (2019), Demode (2019), Objective (2019), Medication (2019), Nonsense (2019), Plagiat (2019), Toledo (2019), Tricks (2019), Common (2019: a trompe-l'oeil font), Mafia (2019), Releases (2019), Extradition (2019), Shoot To Kill (2019), Groowing (2019), Enough (2019), President (2019), Silence (2019), Dressed (2019), Already (2019), Hocus Pocus (2019), Password (2019), Ready (2018) and Messages (2017).
- The ornamental caps typefaces Unitas (2020), Tomato (2020), Blader (2020), Canal (2020), Baked Snails (2019), Alcoholic (2019), Bonjour (2019), Zylinder (2019), Phenomenal (2019), Surfaces (2019), Success (2019: as in De Stijl), Retailer (2019: multilined), Havana (2019: multilined), Mechanismo (2019) and Pencil Letters (2019).
- The display typefaces Trader (2020), Oysters (2020), Furious Ride (2020), Portfolio (2019), Pontos (2019), Swordsman (2019), Regular (2019), Andrey (2019), Retrive (2019), Connected (2019), Locator (2018), Tracking (2018), Iceberg (2018: snow-capped letters), New Amsterdam (2018), Ana (2018), Enemy (2018), New Yorkers (2018), Happy Day at School (2018), Focused (2018), Modish (2018), Beholder (2018) and Principality (2017).
- The alphadings Night Dreams (2020), Flower Capitals (2020), Jingle Bells (2020), Neuron Capitals (2020), Easter Time (2020), Hearts and Arrows (2018), Penguins (2018), Kitties (2018), Doggy (2018), Teddy Bears (2018), International Capitals (2018), Aafia Capitals (2018), Answer Capitals (2018), Beholder Capitals (2018).
- The 3d typefaces Lover (2020), Kasten (2020), 3D Models (2019), Tricks (2019) and Metallic (2019).
- The multiline typefaces Laguna (2020), Hypochondria (2020), Majestic (2020), Vibes (2020), Tubes (2020), Yogurt (2020), Turkish (2020), Question (2019), Pancake (2019), Remained (2017), Liquidrom (2018), Second Channel (2019), 3D Models (2019), However (2019), Confarreatio (2018) and Fudged (2018).
- The textured typefaces Mistress (2020), Heritage (2020), Silicone (2020), Hornettio (2018), Ignorant (2018), Americans (2020: the American flag embedded into the glyphs), Pollution (2020), Jakob (2019), Diversity (2019), Townscape (2019), Patriotic (2019: American flag theme), Meshes (2018), Complained (2019), Duration (2018) and its solid counterpart, Duration Book (2018).
- The Slavonic emulation typeface Russian Land (2017) and the Cyrillic emulation typefaces Ukrainian Princess (2019), Territory (2019), Kalinka (2019), Rubles (2018), Maniac (2018), Jurij (2018), Kachusha (2018), Soviet Program (2018), Armenia (2017), Fontograd (2018) and Russian Spring (2017).
- The constructivist typefaces Tokarev (2017), Russiano (2018), Suggested (2018), Hungaria (2018) and Schwachsinn (2018).
- Art deco typefaces: Angelica (2019), Protocol (2019), Retrospective (2019), Leculier (2018, after an alphabet in Georges Leculier's art deco lettering book from ca. 1930), Better (2018), Critical (2017).
- Art deco caps: Reverse (2020), Bathroom (2019), Idiotism (2019).
- The decorative sans typefaces Layered Letters (2019), Imbecile (2019), Answer (2018), Hours (2018), Abandoned (2018), Sea Gardens (2017), Forvertz (2018), Yeysk (2018) and Closeness (2018).
- Sans: Official (2019).
- The headline sans typefaces Marija (2020), Fashion (2020), Magazine (2020), Policemen (2020), Impressum (2019), Educated Deers (2019), Hindenburg (2019) and Fixation (2018).
- The rounded organic sans typefaces Hofmann (2020), Adelino (2020), Available (2018) and Biysk (2018).
- The hand-crafted typefaces Diana (2020), Flood In London (2019), Milord (2018), Sex and Breakfast (2018), Sweet Handwrite (2018), Industrial Revolution (2018), Oh Maria (2017), Sofija (2017) and Travelling (2017).
- The bubblegum typefaces Designero (2019), Bubblicious (2019) and Icecreamer (2017), and its oily companions Gummy (2018) and Liquid (2018).
- The heavy deco typefaces Guest (2019), Bigger (2018), Hours (2018), Intransitive (2018: Dutch deco), Theatrical (2017) and Consequences (2017).
- The beveled fonts Fake Hope (2019), Diamond Ring (2019), Playback (2018) and Member (2018).
- The stencil fonts Browser (2019), Serbia (2019), Belgrado (2019), Further (2019), Generals (2018), Mayor (2018) and Olga (2018).
- The semi-stencil all caps typefaces Restaurant Menu (2019), Queen Dea (2019), Latest (2019) and Large (2019).
- The fat rounded sans typefaces Guest (2019) and Subscribe (2019).
- The Western fonts Tombola (2019), Permission (2019), Alexander (2019), Retrosonic (2019), Kasplysk (2019).
- The experimental typeface Typo Layer (2019).
- The German expressionist outline typeface Robert (2018).
- Current Moment (2019): a digitized "Zuccini" plate by Frits Jonker.
- The LED fonts Error (2020) and Technology (2018).
- The octagonal athletic lettering fonts Barbara (2019), Soccer (2020), and Soccer League (2018) and the outlined athletic font Onderneming (2018).
- Leculier (2018). After an alphabet in Georges Leculier's art deco lettering book from ca. 1930.
- The speed fonts Live News (2020) and Speed Racing (2019).
- Essere (2018).
- The squarish typefaces Legionary (2020), Cyber Princess (2019), Professor (2019), Layers (2018) and Cataclysmo (2017).
- Driving Around (2018).
- The decorative floral caps typefaces Floral Capitals (2018) and Narcissus (2018).
- Gradientico (2018). A textured didone.
- The Greek simulation font Meteora (2018).
- Griddy Blocks (2018) and Blocky Letters (2018).
- Decorattio (2018).
- Ordinary (2018) and Mina is Gone (2018).
- The trilined typeface Trio (2017).
- The connected handwriting typeface Eric's (2016).
- The military typefaces Login (2018), Commanders (2017) and Hunt (2017).
- The neon typeface Bubble 3D (2017), and the neon and shadow font family Magia (2019).
- Schaeffer (2017). A revival of the famous multiline typeface Fatima (1933, Karl Hermann Schaefer).
- The grungy typefaces Cosmas (2020), Drunk Millionaire (2019), Haziness (2017) and Victorious (2017).
- The molecular typeface Neuron (2019).
- The inline caps typefaces Look (2019) and Speed (2019).
- The inline typeface Games (2017).
- The display serif typeface Hoodie (2019).
- The marquee typefaces Plagiat (2019), Dropped (2019), Casino (2018) and Chicago (2018).
- The layerable marquee font Rockefeller (2018).
- Movie fonts: Film Letters (2018).
- The outlined typeface Important (2018).
- The white-on-black typeface Circusant (2019).
- The didone typeface Vogue (2018).
- Bulged Monogram (2020), Monogramus (2019), Blocky Monogram (2018) and Monograma (2018).
- The geometric solid typeface family Ivan (2019).
- The geometric sans typeface Occupied (2017).
- Rise of Kingdom (2017).
- Cartoonish (2017).
- Hesitation (2017). A rounded hand-crafted poster font.
- Leben and Leben Shadow (2018).
- Braillenum (2018).
- The condensed grotesks Heinrich (2019) and Schwarzenberg (2019).
- Schreibmaschine (2017). A dusty old typewriter font.
- The vintage initial caps typefaces Nautiica 3d (2018), Fantasy Capitals (2018) and Herne Capitals (2018).
- The Arabic emulation typeface Sinbad (2018).
- Herne (2018).
- Passage (2018).
- Knotty (2018).
- The Mexican style font Mexicanera (2018), Dilemma (2018: Mexican Calavera skulls), and Mexican Tequila (2018).
- The techno typefaces Flight 21 (2019), Cyber Princess (2019), Passionate Relationship (2019), Neighbor (2018), Bombardment (2018) and Leprosy (2018).
- The avant-garde typeface Typolino (2018).
- Regensburg (2018).
- The ultra-fat typefaces Crime (2020), Owners (2018) and Housebreak (2019).
- The prismatic typefaces Boogie Woogie (2019), Running (2019), Bigger Italic (2018; based on Bigger Book), Linerine (2018) and Cosmology (2018).
- Failed (2018).
- The codex typeface Measurements (2018).
- Damages (2018).
- The circle-themed fonts Sparks (2020) and Condition (2018).
- The textured typefaces Mistress (2020), Heritage (2020), Silicone (2020), Hornettio (2018) and Ignorant (2018).
- The oriental simulation fonts Chinese Dragon (2019), Sudoku (2019), Hiroshima (2019) and Kamikaze (2018).
- The grunge font Leave No Fingerprints (2018).
- The outlined typefaces Hypno (2020), George (2020), 3D Letters (2018), Milk & Chocolate (2018: trilined), Czar (2018), Classica (2018) and Created (2018).
- The glitch font Searching For Signal (2019).
- The glaz krak font Smashed (2018).
- The circus font Amigo (2020).
- The kitchen tile font New Message (2020).
- The 3d dingbats typefaces Basic Objects (2020: geometric shapes) and Jigsaw Puzzles 3D (2018).
- The modular typefaces Orenburg (2018), Broadway (2018) and Assyrian (2018).
- Escher style: Illusion (2019), Vologda (2019).
- Slinky typefaces: Zylinder (2019), Pipes (2019).
Creative Fabrica link. [Google]
Type designer at Cannibal Fonts since 1999, where he made the hand-printed Latin / Greek fonts Semplice Pro CF, Nervoso CF (a Treefrog-style script), Vivace CF, and Allegro CF. Vladimir was born in Novisad, Yugoslavia, in 1962, studied in Belgrade, and has been living in Greece since 1991. Klingspor link. [Google]
Nis, Serbia-based designer of the school project font Handwritten (2014). [Google]
Raska, Serbia-based designer of the decorative caps typefaces Abeceda (2017) and Azbuka (2017) for Cyrillic. [Google]
Serbia/Montenegro-based type designer who received a TypeArt 05 award for the display typeface Polie. Interview. [Google]
[Shin & Del]
Krusevac, Serbia-based designer of the free geometric solid typeface Stereo (2015). [Google]
Serbian designer of the fat finger font Graffiti Blok (2020), the monolinear display sans typeface Borka (2020) and Stana (2020: an all caps display typeface). [Google]
Krusevac, Serbia-based type designer who made Lazar 1389 (2019: a free condensed Cyrillic typeface) and Acid Squares (2011). [Google]
Illustrator, cartoonist and comic book author, who, during her studies in Belgrade, designed the calligraphic old church Slavonic / Latin typeface Sokolar (2013). This delicate and readable typeface was her Master's graduation project. [Google]
YU fontovi Svilajnac001
Defunct Serbian font archive that had these Yugoslavian fonts: ArialCirilicaBold, Bodoni-CirilBold, Franklin-GothicCirilHeavy, Garamond-Ciril, Helvetica-CirilNarrowBold, Helvetica-CirilNarrowBoldItalic, CBlippoItalic, CFuturNormal, Cir_Bodoni-Normal, CYRevueR, CyrillicTimes, CYSwissR, CYSwissB, CirTimesBld, CirTimes, Futura_Cyrillic_Black-Normal, MetodaCiril, MiroslavljevoY, Miroslavljevo, Mirosavljevo-Normal, MiroslavCirLight, OldSerbianDM, Studenica-Regular, YUAachenB, YUArnoldBckln, YUBitsAmerigoR, YUBaskervilB, YUBaskervilBI, YUBaskervilI, YUBaskervilR, YUBitsCharterI, YUBitsCharterK, YUBitsCharterKHollow, YUBitsCharterKI, YUBitsCharterR, YUBitsCooperK, YUBitsCooperKHollow, YUBenguiatB, YUBenguiatR, YUBlippoKHollow, YUBodoniB, YUBodoniBI, YUBodoniO, YUBodoniOI, YUBrushScriptI, YUBroadwayR, YUBroadwayRHollow, YUCheltenhamB, YUCheltenhamBI, YUCheltenhamI, YUCheltenhamR, YUClarendonB, YUClarendonR, YUCloisterK, YUCaslonOpnFcR, YUCoronetB, CourierPSMT, CourierPS-BoldMT, CourierPS-BoldItalicMT, CourierPS-ItalicMT, YUCenSchbookB, YUCenSchbookBI, YUCenSchbookI, YUCenSchbookR, YUDomCasualR, YUDutchBIHHollow, YUDutchB, YUDutchBHollow, YUDutchBI, YUDutchI, YUDutchR, YUErasB, YUErasK, YUErasKHollow, YUErasR, YUExoticBHollow, YUFrankGotB, YUFrankGotBI, YUFrankGotI, YUFrankGotR, YUFrizQuadrataB, YUFrizQuadrataR, YUFuturaB, YUFuturaCondM, YUFuturaExtraK, YUFuturaExtraKHollow, YUFuturaH, YUFuturaHI, YUFuturaLI, YUFuturaOI, YUGoudyB, YUGoudyI, YUGoudyR, YUGoudyExtraB, YUHoboR, YUITCAvantGGBHollow, YUITCBookmanD, YUITCBookmanDI, YUITCBookmanL, YUITCBookmanLI, YUITCGarCondO, YUITCGarCondOI, YUITCGaramondB, YUITCGaramondBI, YUITCGaramondO, YUITCGaramondOI, YUITCKorExtraB, YUITCKorExtraBI, YUITCKorI, YUITCKorR, YUITCZChancMI, YUKaufmannB, YUKaufmannR, YULetterGot12B, YULetterGot12BI, YULetterGot12I, YULetterGot12R, YuLHelvetica, YuLHelveticaBold, YULinoscriptR, YUMermaidR, YUMistralR, YUOptimaB, YUOptimaBHollow, YUOptimaBI, YUOptimaI, YUOptimaR, YUOratorR, YUPostAntiquaB, YUPostAntiquaR, YUParisianR, YUParkAvenueR, YUPicaR, YUPresntScrptR, YUPTBarnumR, YURevueR, YURevueRHollow, YUScriptR, YUSlateExtraB, YUSlateExtraBHollow, YUSlateMI, YUSouvenirB, YUSouvenirBI, YUSouvenirI, YUSouvenirR, YUSwissCompR, YUSwissCompRHollow, YuTimes.Italic, Helvetica, YuHelvetica, YURevueR, YUTimesNewRoman, YUTimesNewRomanBold, TimesYU, TimesYU, TimesYUBold, TimesYUBold-Italic, TimesYUItalic, YuTimes, YuTimes.Bold, YuTimes.BoldItalic, YuTimes.Italic, AmericanUncialCirilica, Arial-Cirilica, ArialCirilicaBold, ArialCirilicaBoldItalic, ArialCirilicaItalic, AristonCirilicaBoldItalic, AtletaCirilica, BahamasCirilica, BedrockCirilica, MemorandumCirilica, POLITIKANormal, Studenica-Regular, YUBlippoK, YUExoticB, YUExoticD, YUFuturaK, YUFuturaL, YUFuturaM, YUFuturaO, YUHandelGotR, YUITCAvantGGB, YUITCAvantGGD, YUITCAvantGGM, YUITCAvantGGO, YUITCBoltB, YUSlateB, YUSlateM, YUSwissECompR, YUSwissB, YUSwissBI, YUSwissI, YUSwissK, YuTimes, YuTimes.Bold. Many of the ones with YU in the name are from MiMac, Belgrade. [Google]
Novi Sad, Serbia-based designer of the display sans typeface Moderan (2016). Behance link. [Google]
Zoran Kostic (b. Belgrade, 1947) graduated from the Faculty of Geodesy of Belgrade University and completed post graduate studies of photogrammetry at ITC Enschede, The Netherlands. He started out as a programmer for geodesy and photogrammetry, and then opened a DTP studio in Yugoslavia in 1987. In 1987, out of necessity, he designed a PostScript Cyrillic font in type 3.
He cyrillicized many Latin typefaces: AvangardaCyr (Avantgarde), DINGraverCyr (DINEngshrift), ErazmoCyr (Eras), FuturCyr (Futura), FuturCyrCond (Futura Condensed), GilesCyr (GillSans), HelvetiaCyr (Helvetica), HelvetiaCyrCond (Helvetica Condensed), LitografCyr (Lithos), LubalinCyr (LubalinGraf), MasinaCyr (Industria).
He also made these original typefaces: DesignerRound (Cyrillic and Roman), Resavac, KosticSans (Cyrillic and Roman), KosticSerif (Cyrillic and Roman), Sketch (Cyrillic and Roman), Oktoih. Oktoih is one of the few fonts that reproduce the earlist Slavonic printings.
Designs at Linotype: Linotype SimpleSquare (Cyrillic and Roman) and Linotype DesignerSquare (Cyrillic and Roman), as well as Lapidary Capitals (2005, roman capitals), WhySquare (2004) and JustSquare (2004). The Square series, 56 weights in all, were designed during the Serbian war in 1999. So was the monoline geometric sans family Designer RD (1999).
In cooperation with the Belgrade typographer Djordje Zivkovic who designed them, he made FlahScript, Garamond, LepiScript, Manasija, Naisus, Ravanica, Traian.
Finally, he published "HilandarskiUstav", which was reconstructed on the basis of handwriting gospels "Cetvorojevandjelje of Patriarh Sava IV", found at the Monastery Chilandarios, Mount Athos, in the 14 century. It is a font with 4.356 glyphs and symbols. Old URL.
He made the Old Slavic scripts Monah (6.400 characters), Glagoljica and Gradjanica.
Together with his son Nikola Kostic, he set up The Kostic Type Foundry in 2010 in Belgrade, Serbia.
He co-designed the Old Slavonic simulation face Taurunum with Nikola Kostic in 2011. Batke (2011) is a rounded sans family. Kostic Serif (2012) is a classical transitional family co-designed by Nikola and Zoran.
Behance link. Klingspor link. Fontspring link.
View the Kostic Foundry typeface library. [Google]
A collection of Yugoslav truetype fonts. [Google]