| || |
Aenigma is the free font foundry of New York-based Brian Kent. The fonts often carry the string BRK in the name. Yet another site. Fontspace link. Dafont link. Typosasis backup. Backup at Fontfreak. Backup at 1001 fonts. Backup at Fortunecity.
The free fonts: Arthritis BRK (2013), Alpha Beta BRK (2013), Amalgamate BRK (2013), Revert (2006), Gyneric (2006), Key Ridge (2006), 18 Holes (2006: Encircled letters and monograms), Double Bogey (2005), Hairball (2005), Whatever (2005), Dyphusion (2005), Blackonimaut (2005, blackletter), Snailets (2005), Vigilance (2005), Wager (2005), Janken (2005), Dented (2005), Syracuse (2005), Symmetry (2005), Nucleus (2005), Underscore (2004), Gesture (2004), Rough Day (2004), Sarcastic (2004), Galapogos (2004), Reason (2004), Slender (2004), Gather (2004), Quadratic (2004), Saunder (2004), NostalgiaBRK (2004), Kinkaid (2004), Jeopardize (2004), Pincers (2004), Fascii (2004), Grapple (2004), WaywardBRK, WaywardShadowBRK (2004), Obstacle (2004), False Positive (2004), Goosebumps (2003), Jargon (2003), Bewilder (2003), 90Stars (2003, snowflake font), Chumbly (2003), Synthetic (2003), Jawbreaker (2003), Mobilize (2003), GreatHeightsBRK (2003), Graveyard (2003), Bend 2 Squares (2003), Redundant (2003), Homespun (2003), Galvanize (2003), Dastardly (2003), Vantage (2003), Quarantine (2003), Knot Maker (2003, with a program for weaving Celtic knots), Combustion (2003), Knot (2003), Enthuse (2003), Weaver (2003), Foreshadow (2003), Rambling (2003), Mincer (2003), Intersect (2003), Technique (2003), Nominal (2003), Unlearned (2003), Brass Knuckle (2003), Quarterly (2003), Zirconia (2003), Zephyrean (2003), Whippersnapper (2003), Ryuker (2003), Discordance (2003), Graze (2003), Gravitate (2003), Edit Undo (2003), Persuasion (2003), Encapsulate (2003), Nymonak (2003), 36DaysAgo (2003), Vertigo (2003), Lights Out (2003), Sequence (2003), Rehearsal (2003), Yearend (2002), SupraGeniusCurvesBRK (2002), SupraGeniusLinesBRK (2002), Faux Snow (2002, snowflakes), Mishmash (2002), Brigadoom (2002), Gyrose (2002), Dystorque (2002), Upraise (2002), QuacksalverBRK (2002), Ravenous Caterpillar (2002), Bumped (2002), Tonik (2002), Jupiter Crash (2002), Mysterons (2002), Sideways (2002), Scalelines (2002), Pneumatics (2002), Granular (2002), Volatile (2002), Aspartame (2002), Bleak Segments (stencil font), Genotype, United, Lynx (2002), Lyneous (2002), Alpha Beta (2002, pixel font), Licorice Strings (2002), Syndrome (2002, futuristic font), Your Complex (2002), Nanosecond (2002), Binary (2002), Dynamic (2002, techno), Qbicle (2002), Flipside (2002), Amplitude (2002), Pindown (2002), Kurvature (2002), Euphoric (2002), Bobcaygeon (2002), Zoetrope (2002), Overhead (2002), Zelda DX (2002, pixel), Telephasic (2002), Hearts (2002), Lamebrain (2002), Compliant Confuse (2002), Line Ding (2002), AE Systematic, Acknowledge, Mini Kaliber, Upheaval (2002), The Code of Life font (2001), Amalgamate (2002), Bandwidth (2001), ClassicTrash (2001), XmasLights (2001, alphadings), Setback (2001), Qlumpy (2001), Regenerate (2001), Konector (2001), registry (2001), Stagnation (2001), Elsewhere (2001), Claw (2001), Cleaved, 8-bitLimit (4 weights), 10.15SaturdayNight-BRK-, Automatica-BRK (2001), Bendable-BRK (2001), BitBlocksTTF-BRK-, Kickflip-BRK-, Withstand-BRK-, Hyde-BRK-, Ecliptic (2000, a bold rounded monoline techno sans), Jekyll-BRK-, Larkspur-BRK-, NotQuiteRight-BRK-, Quandary-BRK- (an LCD font), Thwart-BRK-, Weathered-BRK-, AEnigmaScrawl, Aftermath, Blox (1999, 3d), CandyStripe (1999), Circulate, Collective (1999), Conduit, Corpulent Caps (2001), DarkSide, DashDot (1999), Dephunked (1999: halftone texture emulation), EmbossingTape (3 fonts), Exaggerate, Frizzed, FullyCompletely, Grudge, Hassle, Hillock, Impossibilium, Inertia, InkTank, Lethargic, MoronicMisfire, Numskull, Opiated, Phorfeit, PixelKrud, Powderworks, Pseudo, QuantumFlat, QuantumFlatHollow, QuantumRound, QuantumRoundHollow, QuantumTaper, Ravaged-By-Years-, Raydiate, Relapse, Sorawin-Plain, Spastic-, Splatz-, Stranded-, Swirled-, TRAGIC-, VacantCapz, Wobbly, XeroxMalfunction(BRK), Zenith, ZeroVelocity, Zoidal, simplton, Waver, SaffronColdWars, 3DLET, Bri's-Scrawl, TRAGIC-, AcidReflux, Arthritis, Ataxia (1999), AtaxiaOutline, BlockTilt, ChintzyCPU, ChintzyCPUShadow, Decrepit BRK (1999), Detonate, Draggle (2000), Draggle[overkerned], FatboySlimBLTC, Gasping, Hack&Slash, HeavyBevel, Jagged, Jasper, JasperSolid, Katalyst[active], Katalyst[inactive], LucidTypeA, LucidTypeB, LucidTypeBOutline, LucidTypeAOutline, Neural, NeuralOutline, ObloquyOutline, ObloquySolid, PlasmaDrip, PlasmaDrip[Empty], Queasy, QueasyOutline, Rotund, RotundOutline, SkullCapz (dingbats), Tearful, Tetricide, Turmoil, Ubiquity, Underwhelmed, UnderwhelmedOutline, Vanished, Xhume, Yonder, Yoshi'sStory, ZurklezOutline, ZurklezSolid, Gaposis, Naughts, Ink Swipes, Irritate, Perfect Dark, Forcible, Loopy, GaposisOutline(BRK), GaposisSolid(BRK), Head-DingMaker(BRK), JoltOfCaffeine(BRK), KirbyNoKiraKizzu(BRK), Orbicular(BRK), Xtrusion(BRK).
Commercial fonts at CheapProFonts: Lamebrain BRK Pro, Dynamic BRK Pro, Phorfeit Bundle, Phorfeit Slanted BRK Pro, Genotype Bundle, Genotype S BRK Pro, Genotype H BRK Pro, Classic Trash BRK Pro, Vigilance BRK Pro, Technique Bundle, Technique BRK Pro, Technique Outline BRK Pro, Galapogos BRK Pro, Visitor BRK Pro (pixelish). [Google]
[PCCrafter.com (was: Provo Craft)]
[Fredrick M. Nader]
One of the most dynamic foundries from 2000 until 2003. The "Lab" was run by Apostrophe (Fredrick Nader) and was based in Toronto. It has produced well over 1000 original free fonts, in all formats (type 1, truetype, and opentype, PC and Mac), and nearly all fonts have full character sets. Many have character sets for extended European languages and Cyrillic as well. It was for a few years the only active producer of multiple master fonts. Download site at Typoasis. Original URL, now being reworked. Highlights:
The list of designers and their fonts:
- Miltown (from the Matrix movie).
- Fluoxetine (old typewriter).
- Desyrel (handwriting, Dana Rice).
- PicaHole-1890Morse font.
- Ritalin has almost 500 glyphs, and is a family designed for Latin, Greek, Turkish, eastern European, Cyrillic and Baltic.
- The 3-axis multiple master ImpossibleMM (of Mission Impossible fame).
- Carbolith Trips (letters from cuneiforms).
- Diehl Deco (revival of 1940 lettering by Wooster Bard Field; with Marley Diehl).
- Textan (with Rich Parks or Richard D. Parker; inspired by the Chinese Tangram).
- Poultrygeist (horror comic font).
- Hard Talk (an R-rated font by Slovenian Marjan Bozic).
- Independant (with Phynette; a faithful revival of a 1930s font by Collette and Dufour for Maison Plantin in Belgium---a fantastic Art Deco font family).
- Metrolox ("Enemy of the State" font, with Karen Clemens; a Unicode font with 567 glyphs for over 20 Latin-based languages and some math symbols).
- Komikaze, Komikazba, Komikahuna and Komikazoom (comic book fonts: 1280 glyphs for Latin, Greek, Cyrillic, Baltic, Turkish, East-European, with dingbats and Braille).
- Republika (a 300-font techno family; read about it here).
- ChizzlerMM (3-axis multiple master, a reworked version of Graham Meade's Chizzler).
- Street (a 87-font family by Graham Meade).
- Amerika (fantastic Armenian-look font series, with support for Greek, Cyrillic/Russian, Baltic, Turkish and Central European).
- The dingbats Eyecicles and Texticles, both with Graham Meade.
- Insula (2001, a Celtic/uncial font with Cybapee).
- Komika (2001, 50 comic book fonts designed with Vigilante).
- Labrit (a great Fraktur font, with Graham Meade).
- Frigate (a Roman-kana font by Melinda Windsor).
- Scriptina (an unbelievable calligraphic font by Apostrophe, 2000-2001). In 2010, CheapProFonts published an extension, Scriptina Pro.
- Freebooter Script (an equally unbelievable calligraphic font by Graham Meade, 2001).
- Choda (a display font like none you have seen before; Apostrophe and Meade, 2001).
- Endor (with Meade, a Gothic font; 2001).
Font Squirrel link. Dafont link. Abstract Fonts link. [Google]
- Apostrophe [dead link]: Day Roman (2002, the first digitization of Fr. Guyot's "Two Line Double Pica Roman", designed in the early 1600s), Bombardier (2002), Propaganda (2002), PropagandaCyrillic (2002), PropagandaGreek (2002), Contra (2003), Ergonome (2002), Ergonomix (2002, techno dingbats), Alfabetix (2002), SoMM (2002, a multiple master font), Templo (2001, a pixelish font), Zoloft, Miltown, Witches Brew, Celexa, Labrat, Effexor, Fluoxetine, Tralfamadore, Halcion, RxMM, Paxil, Valium, Fight This, Ritalin, Xanax, Maskalin, PicaHole, ImposMM, MiltownII, Carbolith, Komikaze, Komikazoom, Komikahuna, Diogenes, Komikazba, MistressScript, Sledge, Mary Jane, Republika, StarBat, Merkin, Erectlorite, Halter, Estrogen, Steinem (based on Dalton Maag's British Steel typeface), Lab Mix, Mary Jane II, Amerika, Masque, Konfuciuz, Mastodon, Broad, Amerika Sans, Scriptina, Karnivore, Cholo, Sedillo and Reprobate (all three based on Mike Sedillo's handwriting, 2001), Templo (screen font family, 2001).
- Marjan Bozic and Apostrophe: Hard Talk.
- Karen Clemens and Apostrophe [dead link]: Wellbutrin, Metrolox, Jagz.
- CybaPee and Apostrophe [dead link]: Cyclin, Lady Ice, Insula.
- CybaPee [dead link], Graham Meade and Apostrophe: Yellowswamp, Lady Ice revisited.
- Steve Deffeyes: Loopy.
- Marley Diehl and Apostrophe: Diehl Deco.
- Fleisch and Apostrophe: Colwell, Hadley.
- Steve Graham: Hypnosis.
- Frank Guillemette and Apostrophe: Ankora.
- Jeri Ingalls and Apostrophe: Paxil.
- Neumat Ick and Apostrophe: Icklips, Powderfinger.
- Keya Kirkpatrick: Extasy
- Keya Kirkpatrick and Apostrophe: Kimono.
- Jeff Lan: Healthy Alternative, Haven Code.
- Su Lucas and Apostrophe: Barbarello.
- Brigido Maderal and Apostrophe: Lab Bats.
- Graham Meade: Quastic Kaps (8-weight family, 2003), Quixotte (2002), Mechanihan (2002), Kameleon (2002), Lady Ice Extra (2002), Gizmo (2002), Zillah Modern (2002), Wazoo (2002), JamesEightEleven (2002), Equine (2001), Street Corner (2001), Freebooter Script, Street (31 font sans and slab serif), Bipolar Control, Lane, Street, Street Slab, 2nd Street, Kronika, Thong, Whackadoo Upper, Charrington, Lady Copra, Zebra, Extra Meade Pack, Control Freak, Dekon, Asenine, Heidorn Hill (a Fraktur font), Castorgate, Troglodyte.
- Graham Meade and Apostrophe: Moondog (2001), Choda, Futurex, Duralith, Epyval, BooterMM, Pamelor, Sabril, Erinal, Karisma, Whackadoo, Bicicles, Drummon, Primary Elector, Youthanasia, Grunja, Prussian Brew, ChizMM, Luciferus, Labtop, Gilgongo, Labrit, Kandide, Brassiere (which became the commercial face Ipscus in 2009), Eskargot, Endor, Labag.
- Graham Meade and Rich Parks: Luteous, Luteous II.
- Link Olsson and Apostrophe: Librium, Severina, Poultrygeist, Extrano, Komikandy.
- Rich Parks and Apostrophe: Textan, Glaukous, Textan Round, TexSquareMM, TexRoundMM.
- Alejandro Paul and Apostrophe: Fontcop, Usenet, Cayetano, Elektora.
- Evelyne Pichler: Sindrome.
- Evelyne Pichler and Apostrophe: 1910 Vienna.
- Phynette and Apostrophe: Independant.
- Peter Ramsey and Apostrophe: Distro, Futurex Distro (2001).
- Dana Rice and Apostrophe: Desyrel, Lilly.
- Wayne Sharpe: Ovulution I and II.
- Jessica Slater: Wiggles.
- Jessica Slater and Apostrophe: McKloud.
- Derek Vogelpohl: Phosphorus, Florence sans, Plasmatica, Covington, Avondale, Phosphorus II.
- Melinda Windsor: Plastic, Frigate.
- Robby Woodard: Ashby (2001).
- WolfBainX and Apostrophe: Tribal, Komika.
- Yol: Traceroute.
These are copycats. Their entire library is just renamed. The fonts in this pirated collection (dated 1997) include: ABANAN, ABIGIL, ADHEREA, ADMIRAL, ADOLPHE, AENEAS, ALLENA, ALLENB, AMOROUS, ANDREIAN, ASHANTA, ASHLEY, AUDREEN, AUGUST, AUGUSTINE, AWENITA, BABITA, BAILEY, BARBARA, BARNABY, BATHSHEBA, BAUDIER, BEATRICE, BELINDA, BENNIEA, BENNIEB, BENSON, BERTHOLD, BETTINE, BLACKCHA, BRANDON, BRIANO, BRIGETTE, BRINLEA, BRINLEB, BRINLEC, BRINLED, BRITTA, BRONSON, BROOKE, BRYANT, CAILIN, CALDWELL, CALLUM, CALVIN, CAMERON, CAMILLE, CAMPBELL, CANDACE, CARISSA, CARLIN, CARMENA, CARMENB, CARMENC, CAROLEE, CASSIDY, CASTLE, CELINA, CHANCE, CHANTI, CHARLIE, CLANCYA, CLANCYB, CLARION, CLAUDIA, CLEAVER, CLEMENT, CLINTON, COLEMEN, COLLAR, COLLINS, CONSTANT, CURTIS, DALTON, DANETTE, DANIEL, DELVIN, DIONNA, DOMINIC, DORCAS, DOREEN, DOROSIA, EARLENE, EARNEST, EDWINA, ELAINE, ELEANOR, ELFRIDA, EMILIE, ESMOND, ESTHER, FABIAN, FEARGUS, FELIPE, FERGUSON, FERNANDO, FLEMISH, FRANCO, GABRIELLE, GANESA, GARDIO, GASPARB, GENNIFER, GEORGIANA, GERALDINE, GERTINA, GIANETTA, GLENNA, GLORIA, HALONA, HARLEY, HAROLD, HARRAY, HARRIOT, HAYWARD, HAZAEL, HEATHER, HELENA, HERBERT, HERTHA, HILDIE, HILLARY, HOWARD, IMELDA, INGRAM, IRVING, ISABELITA, ISHMAEL, IVANNA, JACKSON, JENKIN, JESTER, KAROLYN, KATARINA, KRAMER, LANETTE, LANGDON, LATRICIA, LAYTON, LESLIE, LINCOLN, LOMBARDO, LORENZO, LORETTA, LORRAINE, LOUISETTA, LUTHER, LYRANO, MADELAINE, MAJORIE, MERLINN, NATALIE, NEILSON, NEWTON, NICHOLAS, NOREEN, NORMAN, OBADIAH, OHANKO, OSGOOD, PALMER, PAMELA, PAQUITO, PATAMON, PATWIN, PAULINE, PHARAOH, PHILANDER, PHILEMON, PHILIP, PHOEBE, PHYLLIS, PIETRO, RABBIEA, RABBIEB, RANDALL, RAQUEL, RAYLENE, RAYMOND, REBECCA, REGINIA, RICHARD, ROBERTO, ROBINET, ROBINIA, ROCHELLE, RODNEY, RODRIGO, ROMNEY, RONALD, RONNIE, ROSANNA, ROSERTAS, ROSSALYN, ROWLEY, RULAND, RUPERTA, RUSSELL, SAGINAW, SAMMAN, SAMUEL, SANDEEP, SEBESTIAN, SEYMOUR, SOLOMON, SPENCER, STANLEY, STEPHEN, TACOMA, TALITHA, TANESHIA, TASSOS, TENNESSEE, TENNILLE, TERUSKA, THALIA, THELMA, THERSA, TIFFANY, TILLIE, TIMKIN, TIMORA, TOINETTE, TOLOISI, TORPED, TREVOR, TRINNETTE, TRIONAA, TRIONAB, TRYPHENE, TURNER, TYRONE, URSULA, URSULINE, VALERIE, VANESSA, VERONICA, VIOLETTE, WENDELINE, WINONA, ZENOBIA, ZINNIA. [Google]
Arkandis Digital Foundry
French foundry, est. 2007, which published many extensive free sans and sans serif families by Hirwen Harendal, who supports Open Source projects. The purpose of ADF is to provide a large number of high quality fonts (174 fonts as of the end of August 2007). Harendal has help from Clea F. Rees, most notably on the TeX part and the extensive Venturis family.
Accanthis (2009: an alternative for Galliard or Horley Oldstyle).
- AlbertisADF (from URW-A028), Albertis Titling.
- Ameris ADF (from URW n33012t).
- ArrosADF (from URW n021003L).
- AurelisADF (2009, almost art nouveau).
- Baskervald ADF (7 years of work according to Harendal: an alternative for New Baskerville).
- BerenisADF (2008, a didone family), BerenisNo2 (2008).
- BirkenADF (from URW-n033014t).
- ColonnadeADF (from URW-n033014t).
- EditorialisADF (from URW-n033014t).
- Electrum (like Eurostyle and URW City).
- FenelrisADF (sans).
- FrontonADF Titling (from URW-n033014t).
- GaramondeADF (from URW-g043004t), GaramondNo8ADF (from URW g043024t).
- Gillius ADF and Gillius ADFN (from Vera Sans, an alternative for Gill Sans MT).
- HelvetisADF (from URW U001).
- Ikarius (2008, semi-serif; inspired by Hypatia Sans), IkariusNo2 (2008), Ikarius-Serie (2009).
- Irianis (2008; IrianisADFMath (2009) was made for the TeX math community).
- Keypad (2010). a dingbat face.
- LibrisADF (sans, patterned after Lydian).
- MekanusADF (2009, typewriter style).
- Mint Spirit (2012) and Mint Spirit No. 2 (2012). An original minimalist sans design.
- NeoGothisADF (2009).
- OldaniaADF (2009, art nouveau).
- OrnementsADF (2009).
- PalladioADFStyle (a Palatino derived from URW g043023t).
- RomandeADF (with hints of Caslon, Times and Tiffany; CTAN download).
- Solothurn (2011). A family developed for Scribus, a free text preparation package that competes with Adobe's InDesign.
- SwitzeraADF (derived from Vera).
- SymbolADF (2008, bullets and arrows).
- Teknis: under development.
- TribunADF (2009, like Times New Roman).
- Universalis-Std (2009, a take on Futura).
- VenturisADF, VenturisOldADF, VenturisTitlingADF and VenturisSansADF (2007: alternatives for Utopia).
- Verana Sans and Serif (from Bitstream Vera Sans and Serif).
Kernest link. [Google]
Astigmatic One Eye
[Brian J. Bonislawsky]
Astigmatic One Eye (AOE) has lots of nice original fonts by Brian J. Bonislawsky (b. 1973, Pittsburgh, PA). Many are free, others are not. AOE joined Font Brothers Inc in 2006. Brian Bonislawsky currently lives in Las Vegas, NV.
Fontsquirrel link. Dafont link. Fontspace link.
A partial list of the AOE fonts made in 2011: Engagement (2011, a free brush script at Google Web Fonts), Fascinate (2011, an art deco face at Google Web Fonts; +Inline), Original Surfer (2011, a free Google Web Font inspired by a vintage advertisement for the "California Cliffs Caravan Park"), Smokum (2011, a Western / Italian face), Yellowtail (2011, signage face), Redressed (2011), Special Elite (2011, free typewriter face), Aclonica (2011).
Typefaces from 2008 or before: Horseplay AOE (2008, Western style), Cake and Sodomy AOE (2008), Good Eatin AOE (2008), Paradiso AOE (2008, inspired by logotype of the Paris Resort and Casino in Las Vegas), Montelago AOE (2007, a script inspired by the logotype of the Mirage Resort and Casino in Las Vegas), Jack Chain AOE (2007), Henhouse (2007), Schnitzle (2007), Luxurian AOE (2007, inspired by the logo of the Luxor Hotel&Casino in Las Vegas), Digital Disco AOE (2007), Mighty Tuxedo AOE (2007), Makeshift AOE (2007), Clarity AOE (2007, slab serif headline), Red Pigtails AOE (2007), Run Tron 1983 (2002), Eyeliner AOE (2006, Tekton-like), Mother Hen (2007), Gloversville (2007, comic book style), Mighty Tuxedo AOE (2007, condensed sans), Quick Handle AOE (2007), Surfing Bird (2007), Hydrogen (2004), Hardliner (2004, fifties diner style), Big Ruckus (2004), SS Antique No. 5 (2004), Europa Twin (2003), EuroMachina (2003, techno), Lord Rat (2003), Love Anxiety (2003), BuzzSaw (2003), Skullbearer (2003, skull dingbats), Beatnick Blue (2002), Geisha Boy (2002), Mardi Party (2002), Midcrime (2002), Ocovilla (2002), Ruthless (2002), Saltie Doggie (2002), Whiskers (2002), Royal Gothic, Family, Eggit, Jericho, Wild Monkeys (2002), 5FingeredGothSW, AlienArgonautAOE, AlphaMackAOE, AmphibiPrint, AngiomaAOE, AntiChristSuperstar, AntiChristSuperstarSW, AstigmaSolid, BigLimboAOE, BigLimbodOutAOE, BoneRollAOE, BoneRollAOEBold, BoundAOE, BrailleAOE, BulletBallsAOE, ButterflyChromosome, ButterflyChromosomeAOE, ButtonButton, ButtonButtonAOE, CType, CTypeAOE, CelticLionAOE-Bold, CelticLionAOE-BoldItalic, CelticLionAOE-Italic, CelticLionAOE, CharailleAOE, ChickenScratch, ChickenScratchAOE, ClunkerAOE, ClunkerAOE-Bold, CropBats, CropBatsAOE, CropBatsIIAOE, DarkNightAOE, DeadGrit, DeliveryMatrixAOE, DetourAOE, DigitalDiscoAOE, DigitalDiscoAOEOblique, DingleBerries, DoggyPrintAOE, DraxLumaAOE, DungeonKeeperII, DungeonKeeperIIBold, DungeonKeeperIIItalic, EggItAOE, EggitAOE-Italic, EggitOutlineAOE, ElectricHermes, ElectricHermesAOE, ElectricHermesAOECharge, FearAOE, FilthAOE, FishyPrintAOEOne, FishyPrintOneAOE, FishyPrintTwoAOE, FutharkAOE, FutharkAOEInline, FutharkAOEInline, GateKeeperAOE, Ghoulish Fright AOE (2006), GlagoliticAOE (1999, grungy glagolitic), GorgonCocoonAOE, Gotik, GreyAlienSW, HAL9000AOE, HAL9000AOEBold, HAL9000AOEBoldItalic, HAL9000AOEItalic, HandageAOE, HandageAOEBold, HauntAOE, HybridLCDAOE, IDSupernovaSW, IslanderAOE, JokerWildAOE, KillMeCraig, KillMeCraigAOE, Kinderfeld, KittyPrint, KittyPrintAOE, Kornucopia, KornucopiaAOE, LinusFace, LinusFaceAOE, LinusPlayAOE, LinusPlaySW, Lochen, LovesickAOE, Manson, MasterPlan, Mervale Script (2012: a brushy script based on the 1940's Fawcett Publications Mary Marvel comic), Microbe, MooCowSW, MotherlodeLoadedAOE-Italic, MotherlodeLoadedAOE, MotherlodeStrippedAOE-Italic, MotherlodeStrippedAOE, MysterioSWTrial, NightmareAOE, OrnaMental, Pantera, PapaManoAOE, PenicillinAOE, PixelGantryAOE, PixelGantryAOEBold, PixelGantryAOEBoldItalic, PixelGantryAOEHeavy, PixelGantryAOEHeavyItalic, PixelGantryAOEItalic, PixelGantryHiliteAOE, PixelGantryHiliteAOEItalic, PoppyAOE, PoseidonAOE, Prick, QuiltedAOE, QuiltedAOEBlack, QuiltedTrial, RippleCrumb, RippleCrumbUltraCon, ROCKY, ROCKYAOE, RustedMachineSW, SSExpAntiqueAOE, Schizm, Schrill, SchrillAOE, SchrillAOEOblique, Scrawn, ScrawnAOE, ScrawnCyrAOE, ScrawnKOI8AOE, ScrewedAOE, ScrewedAOEOblique, ScrewedSW, SeaweedFireAOE, SenthAOE, ShampooSW, ShottyTransferTrial, SkinnerAOE, SlurCrumb, SpatCrumb, SpikeCrumbGeiger, SpikeCrumbSwizzle, SpikeCrumbSwollen, SteelcapRubbingTrial, StruckSW, StrutterAOE, SunspotsAOE, SurferComicTrial, TRANSHUMANALPHABET10, TRANSHUMANKATAKANA20, TannarinAOE, TannarinAOEOblique, TibetanBeefgardenAOE, TibetanBeefgardenAOE, TouristTrapAOE, TransponderAOE, TransponderGridAOE, UglyStickAOE, VanguardIIIAOE-Bold, VanguardIIIAOE-BoldOblique, VanguardIIIAOE-Oblique, VanguardIIIAOE, Ventilate, VentilateAOE, Y2KPopMuzikAOE, Y2KPopMuzikOutlineAOE, YoungItchAOE, ZeichensSW, ZenoPotionAOE, Zombie. Second list: BeatnikBlueAOE, BeatnikBlueFillAOE, GeishaBoyAOE, MardiPartyAOE, MindCrimeAOE, OcovillaAOE, PolynesianTouristAOE, RuthlessAOE, SaltyDoggieAOE, SpruceAOE, WhiskersAOE-Oblique, WhiskersAOE, WhiskersAltCapsAOE-Oblique, WhiskersAltCapsAOE (2002), Habitual, Automatic (techno), Bitrux, Filth, Cake&Sodomy, Gulag, Bad Comp, Detour, Alien Argonaut, Dark Night, GateKeeper, Gargamel Smurf, Invocation, Neuntotter, Geisha Boy, Saratoga Slim, Gobe, Stingwire, Lavatype, Tapehead, Islander, Clunker, Digelectric, Gargamel, Krulo-Tag, Krelesanta, SurferComic, Bound, Culture Vulture, Intruder, Cavalier, Anoxia, Synchrounous (IBM logo style lettering), Luna, Data Error, Lunokhod, Jericho. There are many techno and gothic fonts. Kill Me Craig is the first 26 death scene dingbat font (scenes by Craig Dowsett). KittyPrint takes the LinusFace font concept to more realistic cat head dingbats. Krelesanta (not free) is a funky font inspired by the band Kreamy Electric Santa. The free ButtonButton is useful for making buttons. Lovesick AOE is a scrawly, lovelorn typeface, i's dotted with hearts. Strutter AOE is based on the KISS logo. Senth AOR is a runic font. Charaille is one of the many dot matrix fonts. Cavalero is inspired by the logotype of the Chevy Cavalier.
At Bitstream in 2001, AOE published Cavalero, Stingwire and Tannarin. And in 2002, he published the comic book font Big Limbo, Euro Machina BT and Islander there. Bio at Bitstream.
In 2005, Bonislawsky and Sandler realeased 500 fonts, via Bitstream and MyFonts, under the label Breaking The Norm.
In 2006, Astigmatic published their typewriter collection, which includes Military Document, Bank Statement, State Evidence Small Caps, State Evidence, Urgent telegram, Library Report, Overdrawn Account, Customs Paperwork, Incoming Fax and Office Memorandum.
From the bio and various pieces of information, one is led to believe that Brian was born in Poland, and now lives in Miami, but that may be wrong.
In 2010, he placed a free font at the Google Directory, Syncopate. Along the same lines, we find the derived square serif face Stint Ultra Condensed (2011, Google Web Fonts) and Stint Ultra Expanded (2012).
In 2011, several other faces followed there, like Ultra (fat didone), Maiden Orange, Special Elite, Just Another Hand, Crushed, Luckiest Guy (comic book face), Aclonica, Redressed, Montezuma (a curly connected upright script), Devonshire (brush script), Fondamento (calligraphic lettering), Yellowatil (connected retro script), Righteous (free at Google Web Fonts: inspired by the all capitals letterforms from the deco posters of Hungarian artist Robert Berény for Modiano), Ribeye and Ribeye Marrow> (cartoon and/or tattoo style lettering---free at Google Web Fonts), Spicy Rice (2011, free festive display face at Google Web Fonts).
Contributions in 2012: Marcellus (2012, Trajan, flared roman), Eagle Lake (a free calligraphic font at Google Web Fonts), Uncial Antiqua, Jim Nightshade (2012, free at Google web fonts), Dynalight (2012, a retro script inspired by a vintage luggage tag for the Southern Pacific 4449 Daylight steam locomotive), Yesteryear (a retro script loosely based on the title screen from the 1942 film The Palm Beach Story), Parisienne (Google Web Fonts: casual connected script based on a 1960s ad for bras), Shojumaru (Google Web Fonts: an oriental simulation face inspired by a poster for the Marlon Brando movie Sayonara), Berkshire Swash (Google Web Fonts), Audiowide (Google Web Fonts), Romanesco (Google Web Fonts: a narrow calligraphic style), Galindo (Google Web Fonts), Oregano (Google Web Fonts: based on cartoon style lettering of calligrapher and logo designer Rand Holub. This style of hand lettering adorned many retro brochures and advertisements of the late 40's through the 1960's), Peralta (Google Web Fonts: an Egyptian comic book face), Eagle Lake (Google Web Fonts: calligraphic), McLaren (Google Web Fonts: comic book style alphabet), Freckle Face, Hanalei Fill, Hanalei [Polynesian bamboo or tiki lettering], Purple Purse, Margarine, Risque, Clicker Script [image], Stalemate [a gracious script, by Jim Lyles for AOE], Mouse Memoirs, Quintessential [Google Web Fonts: chancery hand], Bigelow Rules, Englebert [Google Web Fonts: from the title screen of the 1930's film titled Der blue Engel, starring Marlene Dietrich], Sacramento [Google Web Fonts: connected script].
Typefaces from 2013: Freckle Face (grunge), Grand Hotel, Purple Purse (Purple Purse draws its inspiration from a vintage Ivory Soap ad from the 1950's. Somewhat of a cross between Bodoni and Pixie, this font finds that it never truly takes itself seriously).
Stiggy & Sands is the American typefoundry of Brian Bonislawsky and Jim Lyles, est. 2013. Their first commercial typefaces, all jointly designed, are Luckiest Guy Pro (a fat comic book font based on vintage 1950s ads) and Marcellus Pro (a flared roman inscriptional typeface with both upper and lower case, originally published in 2012 by Astigmatic).
View Astigmatic's typeface library. View the typefaces made by Brian Bonislawsky. [Google]
Baka Fonts (or: Kyakirun, KYA, Kyakirun's Pasomono)
Free fonts: OhHiGe (2003, OpenType), Kakudaron B (2003), Kakudaron IB (2003), GoJuOn (2003, kanji), Kurogama TsubuChan, After_Attack, CHOP!!!!!, MouTen-Dattayo-Soitsu-Wa (2002), Soitsu-Wa-MouTen-Dattayo (2002), Chain-Reaction, Chain-Reaction-Itaric, Kunyulla-Black, mimizu, HONEBONE-Ukokkei, PENTAGRON (2001), TALL-TWIN (2001), TECNO-STRESS, TECNO-STRESS-HIRAGANA, TECNO-STRESS-KATAKANA, Yura_Hiragana, Future-Chibaraki2, Tokyo Honey Chan (2002), DeJi (2002), Hone Bone Ukokkei, Hone Bone Hakkotsu (2001), Yurayura Hiragana, Tecno Stress, Before_Attack, KICK!!!!!, PUNCH!!!!!, Tall Twin (2001), Pentagron (2001), Chain_Reaction, Kemushi_Hira, Kemushi_Alp, Kemushi_Kata, Mystery-Circle, Oshare-Black, YuraH, TecnoS-K, TecnoS-H, Oshare-Honenuki, Suehirogari, JIHAI, MANZ, PINZ, SOUZ [the last four fonts are for mahjong and other games], The-ManPu, Chibaraki-Now, Future-Chibaraki, Oshare, IAmNotWeapon. Many fonts have Latin and kana versions.
Alternate URL. Yet another URL. Yep, another URL. One more URL. Dafont link. [Google]
Brian J. Bonislawsky
[Astigmatic One Eye]
During their studies in Lisbon, Maria Carolina Rosa (b. 1994, Torres Vedras, Portugal) and Ana Ria Barbosa codesigned the display typeface Manchas in 2013. [Google]
Chank Fonts -- Chankstore
[Charles R. Anderson]
Foundry in Minnesota run by "Chank", who has been making fonts since 1992. Free fonts sub-page. Chank Diesel from Minneapolis (Charles Andermack in the NY Times and Charles R. Anderson, b. Edmonton, 1970, elsewhere) is Chank, the prolific designer. He runs Chank Fonts with Heidi Olmack ("El Mack de los Toros"). Earlier notices in his faces refer to CAKE Publications (2401 University Ave. NE, Mpls, MN 55418), Chank Foo, Schmopyright, and Exploding (PO Box 90100, San Diego, CA 92169). Bio by Susan Froyd. See also here or here or here or here. Handwriting font service for 95USD. 95 USD Go font Yourself font service based on filling out a form. Piece on Chank in the MinnPost. Chank is a popular and colorful figure who said this about himself: I like to drink a lot, and would like to think I'm known for it. Several of my fonts were inspired by booze, and I like to encourage other people to drink more, too. My best font is called Liquorstore.
A partial list of his faces:
- A: Adrianna (2004, a sans family), Ammonia, Anger-Prerelease, Asswipe, AsswipeDeluxxe, AztecPezRegular, Adrianna Extended (2005).
- B: BabOonjaZzbaSsoOn, Badoni, Bastard, Bawdy, BawdyBoldItalic, BawdyItalic, the Blinctype pack (Gomorrah, Sodom, Golgotha, Hamilton Offset, Player Piano), Birthday Girl, Blinkers, Bonehead, Braingelt (gothic), Brainhead, Bric-A-Brac BV (2002), Bridie, Brieincarnation, Brubecks Cube (2004), Buckethead, ButtplugTaft, The BLINCtype Letterpress Fontpak (2004, commercial: Gideon, Golgotha, Gomorrah, Goshen, Hamilton Offset, Player Piano, Prospect Modern and Sodom), Billsville (T-26).
- C: Chaloops (2005, comic book face), Chankbats Objects, Chankbats Critters (2001), Chankbats Flowers, Chankbats Flakes, Chankflakes (2002), ChauncyDecaf, ChauncyFatty, ChauncyPerkins, ChauncySnowman [this popular series from 1996-1998 is the first font family Chank ever made based on his own handwriting], Cheesewiddler, Chicken, ChickenBonus, Chippewa Falls (2005), Chub, Chumley (2002, first grade handwriting), Chunder (1996), Cleptomania, CollateralDamage, Corndog, CorndogClean, Coronette (2006, slab serif), Cosmic (1996), Couchlover97, CouchloverTruncata, CowboyRhumbahut (2000), CrotchlessTeddyRoosevelt, Crusti, CrustiEr, CrustiEst, CrustiWacky, CurbDog, Cookie Dough (2002), Cowboy Rhumbahaut (2000, Matt Frost).
- D: DarlingNikki, Dekapot (2007), DickwhippedLincoln, DongCasual, Drunk Cowboy (T-26), Dry Cowboy (2006, Tuscan), Dutch-Oven, Dutch-Treat.
- E: Easterbuns (2008, Ascender Corp: a signage face), EatpooChubby, EatpooSkinny, EatpooTall [note: the latter three fonts were renamed Eatwell], Evergreen.
- F: Fatthinfog, Flutterby (2006, free), Fucker, FriskyFlakes (2004), Fastlab (by David Cushman), Fosho (2014).
- G: Girl77, Glovebox, Goshen, Groovies-Normal.
- H: Halebopp, Harvester 3D (2008), HelveticaInaHamper, Hermenaut, HieronymousBoschian, HildeSharpie, HipstersDelight, HooskerDont, HooskerDoo, Hoover, Hystrix, HystrixHystrax, HystrixHystraxBordex, HystrixHystraxSleestax.
- I: Imastar, IndustrialSchizophrenic, Instructor, Isotope.
- J: Jawbox, JawboxChanky, Jawbreaker, Jeffersonofabitch, Johnson, Jingles (with Mike Cina).
- K: Kat Walk (geometric sans), Keester Black (2002), Kaiser, KlippyDingbats, Kraftwerk, KraftwerkNarrow, Kroozr, Kwikfont, Kegger (2007, a collegiate lettering face).
- L: Lambretta, Laundry, Laundrette, Lavaman, LemonadeSpeedster, Liquor 3D, Liquorstore (1997, a squarish face; since 2005 also in OT as Liquorstore 3D), Luncheonette.
- M: Mars (2007), Mantisboy, Marcusia, Metolurgy2typeindexcom, Mikrokoszmo, MinglerNipsy, MinglerRitzy, MinglerTipsy, Miss Amylin, MisterFrisky, MisterLincoln, Mister Twiggy (woodsy design), Monko-Blocky, Moonshine, MoonshineMurky, MC Auto (2002), McKraken.
- N: NailedToTheCross, NapkinTheModern, Nicotine, Nicotine Jazz, Nomadic, Nube.
- O: Ollivette and Ollivette Elite (old typewriter faces), Omnivore, Oooopsie (this 1997 font is just Helvetica with some circles dropped on top of it. The Helvetica trademark and Adobe copyright notices are still in the font!), OooopsieReverse, Ooopsie, Orbital, OrbusBjorkus, OrbusMultiserif.
- P: Panefresco (2011, 16 styles---a free sans family), PHreAkKruSty, Panzer, Paregos, Parkway-Hotel, Parkway-Motel, Parkway-Resortotel, PhysicsAlpha, PhysicsBeta, PlasticLasso, Player Piano (old stencil), Poker Party (2003), Polaroid22, Porkshop (1997, based on immigrant Manhattan signage), PorkshopGoodluck, Portastat, Prickly, Professor Minty (2005, curly), ProletarianBeta, Prospect-Modern, Puckfont.
- R: Redherring, RhumbaHut, Ribjoint, Rubble, Rosemary (2000-2001, T-26, a sign painters font).
- S: Saltwater, Schwinger (2003, script face), Schwing Shift (2003), Shadowboxer, Shakopee, SharpieStylie, SisterFrisky, SkippySharpie, SaucyMillionaire, Snipple, SooperCosmic, SpaceKrafty, SpaceToaster, Spacesuit, Spunkflakes (2002), StarryFHope, Sundayluck, Sunflower (2006, distressed typewriter), Swingdancer (2002, a custom connected script font first made for P. Puff Company), Swister (2004), GFY Santa Script (2004), Skylab, Shatner, Sunshine (2000-2001, T-26, grunge).
- T: Tabitha, Tacklebox, TackleboxFive, Thymesans, ThymesansItalic, Transam, Transam03 (2003, commercial version), Trucker.
- U: Ultramagnetic (by Mike Cina), UncleStinky.
- V: VenerealDisease, Venis (2002, big text family, T-26: reviewed by Hrant Papazian), Venis Small Caps (2004, T-26).
- W: Westsac (2003), Whorn, Wichita, Woodrow, Wordy Diva (1995, based on the handwriting of Lisa Bralts).
- Y: Yearling (2000).
- Z: ZsazsaGalore.
At Ascender, where one can buy the mostly hand-printed faces Birthday Girl, Bleacher, Bobby Zee, Chauncy Decaf, Churros, Collateral Damage, Couchlover, Easterbuns, Loopy Fiesta, Mister Marker, Mister Twiggy, Prickly, Snowballs, Space Toaster, Tipsy, Twigdancer, Younger Than Me (2009, grunge).
Interview by MyFonts in 2011. [Google]
Charles R. Anderson
[Chank Fonts -- Chankstore]
Dan M. Zadorozny
David Fleming Nalle
[Scriptorium (Ragnarok Press, Fontcraft)]
Defunct. But one continues to find links here to about 15 foundries that took part in Chank's group. [Google]
Dick Pape (Dallas, TX) is digitizing the Dan Solo books one by one, and has digitized many other sources of alphabets and images. He started making fonts ca. 2007. In 2009, he was doing Solo's art deco tome. He is on several font-making forums such as High Logic, and is interested in revivals. "Toto" writes: Dick Pape made hundreds of fonts and here are the links to most of his fonts. This list has not been updated and later additions are found in Rapidshare folders. I've missed some and some links had been deleted by Rapidshare during its migration from .de to .com. Some have also been sent directly to the group, like those based on Mada's alphas. It is hard to tell whether the font has been made by Dick Pape. The only indication that he created the fonts is that the font have "DP" as font vendor and/or has "Digitized by TTD" in the trademark field. Both are not present in some of his fonts. He seems not to want to take credit. He is just a guy who wants to digitize anything he likes. In 2010, he made Bultaco, based on the logotype for Bultaco Motorcycles---see Freehostia.
Download here. [Google]
[Dieter Steffmann's Homepage]
Dieter Steffmann's Homepage
FontShop was the name of Dieter Steffmann's foundry in Kreuztal, Germany (not to be confused with the FontShop foundry and font vendor). He made about 600 self-proclaimed "old-fashioned" fonts, and among these many Fraktur fonts. His site became too expensive to run, and is now hosted by Typoasis. Alternate URL. Current list of fonts. See also here. New stuff. Fontspace link. A nice essay about Fraktur fonts accompanies the fonts. News. As Dieter puts it: I am not a designer but I add missing letters to public domain fonts in order to get a complete character set and I hint the fonts and create new weigths (shadow, inline etc.) His Christbaumkugeln font, and how it was made. The font families:
- Acorn Initialen, Adine Kirnberg, Albert Text, Alpine, Alte Caps, Alte Schwabacher, Ambrosia, American Text, Aneirin, Angel, Anglican Text, Angular, Ann-Stone, Antique No. 14, Arabella, ArabesqueInitialen (2002), Argos George, Aristokrat Zierbuchstaben (2002), Ariston Script, Art Nouveau Initialen, Attic Antique, Augusta.
- Baldur, Ballade Halbfett (2002, a font originally designed by Paul Renner in 1937), Barock Initialen (2002), Becker, Beckett-Kanzlei, Behrens-Schrift (2002), Belshaw, Belwe (Gotisch, Vignetten), Benjamin Franklin Antique, Berlin Squiggle Condensed, Bernhard Schmalfett, Bier und Wein Vignetten (2002, also based on drawings from the Bauersche Giesserei), Billboard, Bizzaro, Black Forest Text, Blackletter ExtraBold, Blackwood Castle, Breitkopf Fraktur, Bretagne Gaelic, Brian James Bold, Bridgnorth, Broadcast Titling, Broadway Poster, Brock Script.
- Cabaret, Campanile, Camp Fire, Canterbury Old English (blackletter), Cardiff, Cardinal Anglican, Carmen, Carrick Caps, Caslon Antique, Caslon Fette Gotisch, Cavalier, Celtic Frames, Celtic Hand, Challenge, Chelsea, Chopin Script (2000, identical to Polonaise), Christbaumkugeln, Chursächsische Fraktur, Cimbrian, Circus Ornate Caps (2001, Western), Cloister Blackletter, Coaster Black, Coelnische Current Fraktur, Colchester Black, College, Courtrai, Coventry Garden, Cruickshank.
- Davy's Dingbats, Debussy, Decorated Roman Initials (2003), Deutsch Gotisch, Deutsche Zierschrift, Devinne Swash, Digits, Direction, Dobkin Script, Domino, Dover, Driftwood Caps, Due Date, Duerer Gotisch, Duo Dunkel (+Licht), Durwent.
- Easter Bunny, Easter Egg, Eckmann-Schrift, Egyptienne Zierversalien (2002), Ehmcke-FrakturInitialen, Ehmcke-Schwabacher Initialen (2002), Eichenlaub Initialen, Eileen Caps, Eisenbahn (2002, based on train vignettes at Bauersche Giesserei), Elzevier Caps, Enge Holzschrift, English Towne, Epoque, Erbar Initialen, Estelle, Evil of Frankenstein, Express.
- Faktos, Fabliaux, Fancy Card Textura, Fat Freddie, Faustus, Fenwick Woodtype, Fette Deutsche Schrift (2002, a revival of a Rudolf Koch font from 1908), Fette Egyptienne, Fette Haenel Fraktur, Fette Trump (2002, original by Prof. Georg Trump, 1936), FetteKanzlei (2002), FetteSteinschrift (2002), Fette Thannhäuser (2001), Firecat, Flaemische Kanzleischrift, Flowers Initials, Forelle, Fraenkisch (2002), Fraktur Schmuck, Fraktur Shadowed, Frederick Text, Futura Script.
- Gabrielle, Gebetbuch Fraktur, Gebetbuch Initialen, Germania (2001, a revival of the 1903 blackletter face by Heinz König called Germania as well), Germania-Versalien, Ganz Grobe Gotisch, Gille Fils Zierinitialen (2002), GingerbreadInitials, Globus, Gloucester Initialen, Gorilla Black, Gotenburg A+B (2002), Gothenburg Fraktur, Gotische Initialen, Gotisch Schmuck (2002, Fraktur), Goudy Initialen, Goudy Medieval, Goudy Twenty, Goudy Thirty, Grange, GrenzschInitials, Grusskarten-Gotisch, Gutenberg Textura.
- Haenel Fraktur Fett, Hansa, Hansa Gotisch, Hansen, Happy Easter, Harrowgate, Hazard Signs, Headline Text, Hercules, Herkules, Hermann-Gotisch (2002; after an original by Herbert Thannhaeuser, 1934), Herold (2002), Hippy Stamp, Hoedown, Holla, Holidayfont, Holtzschue, Honey Script (2006, after a Filmotype original from the 1950s), Horror Dingbats, Houtsneeletter, Humboldt Fraktur (2002-2005; after a font by Hiero Rhode, 1938).
- Iglesia Light, Isadora Original.
- Jan Brady, Journal Dingbats, Jahreskreis (seasonal dingbats, 2002), JSL Blackletter Antique, Jugendstil Ornamente (2002).
- Kabinett Fraktur, Kaiserzeit Gotisch, Kanzlei, Kanzlei Initialen (2002), Kalenderblatt Grotesk, Kashmir, Kinder Vignetten (2002), KingsCross, Kinigstein Caps, Klarissa, Kleist Fraktur + Zierbuchstaben (2002), Koch Antiqua, Koch Antiqua Zierbuchstaben (2002), Koch Initialen, Koenigsberger Gotisch, Koenig-Type (2002; a Jugendstil Fraktur originally designed by Heinz Koenig, 1907-1910), Kohelet, Koloss, Konanur Kaps, Kramer, Krone Bold.
- La Negrita, Lautenbach, Legrand, Lemiesz, Lettres ombrées ornées (2002, based on a face by Schriftgiesserei J. Gillé, 1820), Linolschrift, Lintsec, Liturgisch + Zierbuchstaben (2002), Logger, Lohengrin Fraktur, Long Island Antiqua, Louisianne Black (bold upright connected script), Ludlow Dingbats.
- Mainzer Fette Fraktur, Marker Felt, Marketing Script, Marlboro, Maximilian (2002, Fraktur font and decorated caps based on Rudolf Koch, 1914), Mayflower Antique, Medici, Mediaeval Caps, Menuetto, Messing Lettern, Metropolitain, Middle Saxony Text, Moderne Fraktur, Monats-Vignetten (2002, based on drawings by Franz Franke for Bauersche Giesserei, 1920), Montague, Monument (2002, original by O. Menhart, 1952), Mordred, Morgan Twenty-Nine, Morris Roman Black, Morris Initialen.
- Napoli Initialen, Neptun Gotisch, NeugotischeInitialen, North Face, Nougat ExtraBold, Nouveau Drop Caps, Nubian.
- Olde English, Old English Five, Old Town, Old London.
- Packard Antique, Paganini Text, Pamela, Parsons Heavy, PaulusFranckInitialen (2002), Penelope (2000, Victorian), Peter Schlehmil (2002, based on work by Walter Tiemann, 1918-1921), Peter Schlemihl Fraktur, Picture Alphabet, Pilsen Plakatschrift, Pinewood (2003, like wooden branches), Pinocchio, Plakat-Fraktur, Plakat Antiqua, Plastisch (2002), Plum Script, Pointage, Polonaise (1999), Polo Semi, Powell Antique, Printer's Ornaments One, Prisma (2003, a four-line face inspired by Rudolf Koch's Prisma), Progressive Text, Puritan, Prince Valiant Blackletter.
- Quentin Caps.
- Rediviva, Rediviva Zierbuchstaben (2002), Reeperbahn (aka Rope), Regatta Relief, Reiner Script, Revue Decor, Reynold Art Deco, Rio Grande, Rockmaker, Roland, Rolling No. 1 ExtraBold, Roman Antique, Romantik Initialen, Romantiques (2002), Rondo, RosemaryRoman, Roslyn Contour, Rossano, Rothenburg Fraktur, Royal Initialen, Roycroft Initialen, Rudelsberg (Munich Jugendstil style, based on Otto Eckmann's Eckmann from 1901).
- Saddlebag, Saloon ExtraBold, Saltino, Salto, Sans Plate Caps, San Remo (Paris (art) nouveau style), Savings Bond, Schampel Black, Schmalfette Fraktur, Schluss-Vignetten (2002, also from Bauersche Giesserei), Schmale Anzeigenschrift + Zierbuchstaben (2002), Schwabacher, Sebaldus-Gotisch (2002), Sentinel, Sesame (2000), Shaded (2002, a take on Sans Serif Shaded by Stephenson, Blake & Co. Ltd., Sheffield), Sholom, Showboat Caps, Shrapnel, Siegfried (2001, art nouveau, based on a typeface by Wilhelm Woellmer), Simplex, Sixties, Snowtop Caps, Starburst, Steelplate Textura, Stencil Display, Subway, Supermarkt.
- Tanach (Hebrew), Tannenberg Fette Gotisch, Thannhaeuser Fette Fraktur, Thannhäuser Zier (2002; original by Herbert Thannhauser, 1937/38), Theuerdank Fraktur, Thorne Shaded (2002, a shaded didone based on a Robert Thorne design of 1810), Tierkreiszeichen (2002, Zodiac, based on drawings by Franz Franke for Bauersche Giesserei), Tintoretto (2000), Titania, Titling Roman Antique, Tobago Poster, Tone And Debs, Tonight, Topic, ToskanischeEgyptienneInitialen (2003), Transport Pictorials, Tribeca (2001, after a David Rakowski original), Trocadero Caps, Trucker Style ExtraBlack, Turtles, Typographer Caps, Typographer Fraktur (2002), Typographer Rotunda (2002), Typographer Subway (2011), Typographer Textur (2002, Fraktur), TypographerGotisch (2002, Fraktur), TypographerWoodcutInitials (2002), Typographer's Schmuck-Initialen.
- Uechi Gotisch, Uncialis Deutsche, Unger Fraktur Zierbuchstaben, Unicorn.
- Vadstena Rundgotisch, Varah Caps, Ventura Bold, Verve, VictorianInitials, Victorian Text, Viking, Vivian, Vogeler Initialen (2002), Volute.
- Walbaum Fraktur, Wallau Deutsch, Wallau Rundgotisch, Wallau Uncial and Wallau Zierbuchstaben (2002; originals by Rudolf Koch 1925-1930), Walthari Text, Washington Text, Waterloo Relief, Wave, Weiß Initialen, Weiss Lapidar (2002, revival of a face by Emil Rudolf Weiss), Werbedeutsch (2002, original by Herbert Thannhaeuser, 1934), Westminster Gotisch, Wharmby, White Bold, Wieynk Fraktur (now also in OpenType), Wieynk Vignetten, Will-Harris Caps, Woodcut.
- Yellow Submarine Font, Yonkers, Yorktown.
- Zallman Caps, Zentenar Fraktur, Zentenar Zier (2002; by F.H.E. Schneidler, 1937), Zierinitialen 1 (2002), Zierinitialen Two (2002; based on Deutsche Zierschrift by Rudolf Koch), Ziffern und Pfeile, Zither Script, Zodiac Pictorials.
A set of TeX service files for many of the decorative caps fonts was published by Maurizio Loreti from the University of Padova.
The collection is now also available in OpenType. Fontsquirrel link. Dafont link. Fontspace link. Abstract Fonts link. Home page. [Google]
FantasticArts.com (B&P Graphics ?)
The "Designers Dream Font Collection": 10 parts of 100 fonts each, downloadable in 10 files. These are truetype fonts from B&P Graphics (an outfit at par with Brendel, Softmaker, WSI and SSi). The fonts are dated 1993. Many names reappear later under the Softmaker label, dated 1996. It is unclear whether B&P Graphics has evolved into Softmaker Gmbh and/or FantasticArts.com. [Google]
Michel Bujardet (a Frenchman living in West Hollywood, CA) runs Matchfonts, and started Fontmenu.com in August 2001. Commercial fonts, and free demos in all formats.
A partial list of fonts:
- Square Text (old English).
- Block Letters (orthography for kids), Skryptaag (2001, educational).
- Boulons (letters made from nuts and bolts).
- Kindergarten (funny faces), Learning Handwriting (K2), Learning Cursive Handwriting (Grade 2-4), Japanese Hiragana-Katakana (Year 1).
- Morse code.
- Dictionary phonetic notation for pronunciation.
- The calligraphic fonts Chancellerie Moderne (1998, chancery hand), Oncial, Rodolphe, Willegha.
- The dingbat fonts Dinosotype, Matched Potato, Nahkt hieroglyphs, SilBooettes, Angelots, Sceaux, Seraphiques, Talismans.
- The monospaced fonts Bordofixed, Dactylographe (1997), Normafixed, Oloron fixed width screen font).
- The mathy fonts Oloron program, Hexalist and Numberslist.
- The handwriting fonts Charlotte, Louise, Mariette, Milko, Pierre, Quinze, Raoul, and Thibault.
- The pixel font 8-PinMatrix.
- The Bauhaus font BabyFace.
- The Chinese simulation font Chinoiseries.
- The LED fonts Diode, Cristolikid and Display.
- The Greek simulation font Grecques.
- The display fonts Zébrures (striped letters), Venitiennes, Ruban Dis-Moi, Parador, Osselets, Octogone, Metropolitain (art nouveau), Malabars, Halloween Match, Coulures, Chapou Relief, Candy Kane, Calebasse, Bujardet Freres and Big Bacon.
- The MICR font MICR E13B.
- The serif faces Baguad, Chap Clerk, Parlante, Presse, TSF&Co (art deco; +Heavy).
- The sans serif faces Bordini, Boum-Boum, Halotique (a sans family), Junien, and Normographe.
Alternate URL for his shareware typefaces. MyFonts link for his commercial typefaces. Alternate MyFonts link. Fontspace link. Dafont link. [Google]
Obsolete link. Free fonts and custom fonts by
The list of typefaces includes 10ptChaos, 12s6dnet, AKEI, Adlock, AlisonRoscoe, AntKiller, Armadillo, AuldenTimesBold, AuldenTimesOverWeight, AuldenTimesRough, BadlobsterNormal, Bionique, BrokenSounds, CONTROL, Chrimbobat2002, Crinkle, Crumbs, DawgBox, Deeter, DeeterCondensed, DimestoreHooker, DiscountInferno, DiscountInfernoBold, Doublextra, Englishgothic, EscritaInicial, Etc, Euphoria, Eygptian, Feltscriptencombered, Frag, Frik, GenericFU, Genometf, GrinderHeavy, HOTMETALNormal, ImpactPeople, Invasive, JabOutline, Jotter, JotterPRINT, JottoLike, Kaspar, LacerbaBoldItalic, LacerbaItalic, LacerbaModern, Lefthandfiveyears, MIRCommunicator, MIRResearch, MIRStation, MMCutout, MortUnicaseBold, MortUnicaseIncised, MortUnicaseThin, PinchedFat, PlastiCrap, PlasticTomato, PlasticTomatoBold, Poetic, Quel, RINGPULL1, Rammdisc, RusticLaminate, SALE, Samba, Six1, Squishy, StayClear, StickytapeBold, TORN, TheXrayBomb, Timeface, Transistor, TrdntBold, Trdntbmap, TruckstopPuncture, UNCONFORMBlack, UNCONFORMROUND, UNCONFORMplain, Untitled, VELCRO, VENUE, Vader, Wave, WindowX. Alternate URL. [Google]
- Daniel Plant: He designed over 40 fonts, and did the custom font marketing.
- Dave Luscombe: Roscoe, GenericFU, HotMetal.
- Jim Richardson: Runs SUMO Design in Newcastle.
- Tony Blow: Designer at Pointsize in Scotland.
- Dave Kellam: Canadian designer.
- Robbie Maun.
- James Green: Leeds-based designer.
- Brian McFeely: Edinburgh-based designer.
- Simon Graham
- Stefanie Koerner: designer from Hamburg.
- Heinrich Lischka: based in Köthen, Germany.
- Todd Marcinkiewicz.
Fredrick M. Nader
Prolific Australian type designer who has made over 300 free fonts to date. Creations: Bonk Fatty, Worstveld Sling (2003), Quastic Kaps (2003), Quadlateral (2003), Junge Burnout (2003), Choktoff (2003), Hall Fetica (2002), Lady Ice Extra (2002), Gizmo (2002), Arggh@$*# (2002), Republika Ego (a huge family made in 2002, as an extension of the large family Republika by Apostrophe), Zillah Modern Offset Outline (2002), Feldicouth (2002, medieval lettering), GM Exp (2002), Pecot, Pecot #2 and Pecot #3 (2002), Wazoo (2002), JamesEightEleven (2002), AnalSatisfaction (2002), GenericFont (2002), PanAm (2002), Border Base Future (2002), Moondog (2001, with Apostrophe), Equine (2001), Street Corner (2001), Mister Belvedere (2001), Freebooter Script (2001), Street (2001, an 31 font sans and slab serif at the Lab), Choda (2001, with Apostrophe), Walkway (2001, see here), Castorgaate (2001), Heidorn Hill (2001, a Fraktur font with Apostrophe), Labag (2001, with Apostrophe), 11S01 Black Tuesday (2001, for Life Saving Fonts), Endor (2001; a gothic font with Apostrophe), Dekon (2001), Asenine (2001), Eskargot (2001, with Apostrophe, a "tango" font), Brassier (2001, with Apostrophe), Kandide (2001, with Apostrophe), Labrit (2001, a Fraktur font done with Apostrophe), Control Freak, Gilgongo, Eskargot, LabtopGraphed, PhoenixArise, PrussianBrewSolid, YouthanasiaTexture, Dumbledor, Luciferius, Zebrra, Street, Kronika, PrimaryElector (all at Apostrophic Labs), Scaling the Dragon, Primary Elector, Blacksmith Delight, Birthday Dingbats, Halloween 2, Comicbook Smash, AcidDreamer, Arialic, AvQest, Battered Cooper, Beerglass, Berthside, Bloodgutter 99, Blown Away, Boneribbon, Boneribbon Tall, Bunny Rabbits, Callistroke, Carbonized Timber Chizzler, Deathhead KeltCaps Drummon, Family .., Effluence, Ericott, Erozion, Erthqake, Fanfold, Gemerald, GemFont One, Gorlock, Hungover, Impressed Metal, Inked Weird, Inningham, Isildur High, JaggaPoint, KeltCaps, Kharnorric, Kharnorric Royal, Knights Quest, Knights Quest Callig, Lane Humouresque (2000), Layaway, Linear Beam, Line Etch, Maranallo, Melted Moments, Metal Spagetti, NeoSpacial, Niew CroMagnon, Offset Plain, Old Copperfield, Old Oak, Old Virus, Ooky, Parkvane, Pee's Celtic, Pi in the SciFi, Quilted Indian, Ribbon, Ripplemere, Roughhewn, Rounheads, Rusty Sign, Rykindor, Satan Possessed, Seventy Flares, Simpleman, Skunkline, Slinked, Snail n Ink, SnottMM (multiple master), Solid Ooky, Squashed, Static Charge, StaidMM (multiple master), Steamroller, Stiltedman, Stretch, Tear, Tearoff, Textapoint, Thor version 1.5, Time Pundits (a CODEX-like face), Torcing Away, Trilayered, Ulse Freehand, Uncey, Untidy Skrawl, Vale Shadow, Waif Thin, Warpy Roundhead, Whoosit, Wonkers, Woodbrush, Wormfont, Woven Brick, Woven Outline, Yurine Overflow, Dingbats, Americanic, BirdArt, Cattart, Chyld, Culinary Art, Doggart, Doggon, Drinks - Various, EasterArt, Ein Schwein, Gembats 1, Gembats 2, Helloween, JFC, KidClipart 1, KidClipart 2, Komedy Kritters, Krazy Kritters, Luvya Babe, Moolah, Multicasion, Odds N Sods, Sportzs, Teddyber, Teddyber Too, Vehicular, Whethers, Xmas Clipart 1, Xmas Clipart 2, PenicMasturbata, Aliensatemymum, AustralianSunrise, AustralianSunset, Blockstepped, BoldlyGo, BarredOut, Blockstepped3D, BoldlyGoOut, Daemonesque, Efentine, FuzzyXmas, Gazzarelli, Jhunwest, JhunwestConcaveGM, LickcurlPetite, LupusBlight, MilleniGem, PhilteredPhont, SlicedIron, Stargit, StargitVer2, ZappedSticks, AlphaRomanieG98, BraveNewEraG98, BlobfontG98, BoxingBrophius, CacophonyLoud, ChainzG98, CulinaryArt, DarkBastion, FortuneCity, GorlockBold, HornsofDilemma, LlynfyrchFwyrrdynn, Maranallo, OptimisticPessimist, PositiveNhilism, UniversalShatter, Bonk, Bonk College, Bonk Fatty, Bonk Offset, Bonk Outercut, Bonk Undercut, ChefsSliceNovice, MeteorGM, TreasureMapDeadhand, TechnicallyInsane, Futurex (with Apostrophe), Street, Calan, Lady Copra, Thing, Dexetrine, ChizzMM (multiple master, with Apostrophe, 2001), Charrington (2001), Lady Copra (2001), Likkle (2007), Luteous (with Rich Parks, 2001), Thorazine and Thorazone (last eleven at Apostrophic Labs [dead link]).
In March 2001, Graham's Charming Font (done with Andreas Höfeld) won the 2001 Friday Night Type Fights competition.
Alternate URL. Fontfreak link.
URL at Offsite, where we can find Choktoff (2003), Etched Fractals, Film Cryptic (2003), Hardnsharp (2003), Jagged Dreams, Jungle Burnout, Kyiss M'ass (2003), Tall Films (2004), Meichic (2003), Nightmare Blend Revisited, ReducedEfficiency (2003), Wasted in this job, Western Taint (2003), Wytherness, Yuma Sunset (Western style font), and Zone Linear.
Klingspor link. Fontspace link. Dafont link.
View Graham Meade's typefaces. [Google]
Grzegorz Luk, aka Gluk, is a Polish type designer (b. 1973). Type catalog in 2010.
Creator of the free artsy font Wanta (2008), of Resagnicto (2010), of Rawengulk (2010), of Rawengulk Sans (2011), of Reswysokr (2011), of the bold slab serif face Zantroke (2011), and of the free calligraphic faces Odstemplik (2009), promocyja (2008) and Konstytucyja (2008).
He published the elegant serif family Foglihten (2010), which includes the inline faces Foglihten No. 1 (2011), Foglihten Fr02 (2011), Foglihten No. 3 (2011) and Foglihten No. 4 (2012). The latter is inspired by the Polish Constitution of May 3, 1791. Foglihten Petite Caps Black (2012) and Foglihten Black PCS (2012) are high-contrast fat didone faces, minus the ball terminals. The series continues with Foglihten No. 6 (2012) and Foglihten No. 7 (2013).
Qumpellka No 12 (2011) is a flowing italic. Opattfram01 (2011) is a dingbat face with onamental patterns. The Okolaks family (2008) has a bit of an art deco feel. It covers East-European languages as well as Cyrillic. Sportrop (2008) is a neat multiline face. Gputeks (2008) is a delicate decorative face. Szlichta07 (2008) on the other hand is an experimental face based on tilting the horizontal edges about ten degrees up. Kawoszeh (2008) is a curly Victorian pre-art nouveau face. Spinwerad (2009) and Itsadzoke S01 (2010) and Itsadzoke S02 are display didones. Znikomit (2011) is an impressive lachrymal hairline slab face. See also Znikomit No. 25 (2012) and Znikomit No. 24 (2012; image by Benjamin Frazzetto).
Creations from 2012: Charakterny, Garineldo, Mikodacs (an Impact-like black display sans), Yokawerad (a didone headline face), Resagokr, Nikodecs, Garineldo SC.
Typefaces from 2013: Etharnig, Namskin, Namskout (a layered heavy display face), Prida 65 (spurred antique face), Ketosag, Prida 61, Gatometrix, Glametrix, Gallberik.
Typefaces from 2014: Kleymissky, Sortefax (an outline font with engraved versions as on dollar bills), Dragerotypos (blackboard bold), Resamitz.
Dafont link. Digart link. Fontspace link. Dafont link. Open Font Library link. Scribus Stuff link. Fontspace link. Kernest link. Abstract Fonts link. Behance link. Font Squirrel link. Klingspor link. [Google]
Google Web Fonts
Google's answer to web fonts, including a directory of over 500 free fonts. Their goal was to have 1000 fonts by the end of 2011, but they passed the 500 mark only in 2012. Download all fonts in one 36MB file. Blog.
On May 19, 2010, Typekit announced and open source collaboration with Google called the WebFontLoader: Now you can have complete control over how fonts are loaded and what happens when they're rendered. You can download the code and use it however you like, or link directly to the latest version via the Google Ajax APIs. [...] You can use WebFont Loader with fonts on your own server, links to the just-announced Google Webfont API, or any Typekit account. We've also made sure the code is modular, so other font hosting services can add to it in the future.
Google offers these fonts for free, and pays its designers a few thousand dollars. This prompted a reaction from Bruno Maag in 2012: Yes, Google with its free fonts, or libre fonts as they like to call them, is a particular bugbear of mine. Now, if someone wants to make their fonts available for free that is up to them; I have no problems with that. However, it is very different if a giant corporate entity which has a market valuation of a gazillion dollars is asking young and budding designers to submit their fonts for a measly few thousand dollars under the condition of an open source licence. I call this exploitation as well as a complete disregard for design. The result, unfortunately, is that in many cases the fonts are of not very good quality since they have been designed by inexperienced designers.
Early access download page. [Google]
Prolific Australian type designer who originally created many freeware/shareware typefaces, but has recently begun asking money for some of his fonts. He lives in Clayton, South Melbourne. He has been associated with all of these labels:
- GemFonts98: Here he published most of his early work, listed at the link. The 2003 faces include Czaristite, Zyphyte, Gosmick Sans, West Test, Aunchanted, Worstveld, Quastic Kaps and Quadlateral. In 2004, he added Tall Films.
- Tomcat Type: WhyDamnIt (2002), Deedaceous, and Cortilic.
- Three Mile Island: Rave Party Poster, ChocolatFromHelvetica (2002), HeilVertica, Nightmare in Blend Mode, Bush Toad, and the Feldicouth family (2002).
- Fontological Foundry: Where U @ (a comic book style).
- F.O.N.Type/Typotheticals (see also here to buy the font packs, or here): Hulbert, Fron Town, Akkord, Eutheric (2003), GM Hightop, ItalicanOblique (2004), Jagged Dreams, Rigellite, Struckta, Metasyntal, TN Caluminy, Hardnsharp, Dreamspiked (2004), Tsudoman, Tsudotin, Tsudomed, Tsudovac, Delechol, Etched Fractals, Binary Snafu, Meichic, McFoodPoisoning1 through 6 (2003), Czaristane, Phollic, Phollic Duo, Quoral, Neu Phollick, Neu Aged Phollick, Stripwriter, Debased Material (2004), Freekenfont (2004), Gurnee (2004).
- Futurex [dead link]: Dropshaft, FuturexParts, FuturexVariationAlpha, Futurex-AlternatLC, Futurex-AlternateTC, Futurex-Bold, Futurex-BoldOblique, Futurex, FuturexNarrow.
- Apostrophic Labs [dead link]: Quixotte (2002), Mechanihan (2002), Kameleon (2002), Lady Ice Extra (2002), Gizmo (2002), Zillah Modern (2002), Wazoo (2002), JamesEightEleven (2002), Equine (2001), Street Corner (2001), Freebooter Script, Street (31 font sans and slab serif), Bipolar Control, Lane, Street, Street Slab, 2nd Street, Kronika, Thong, WhackadooUpper, Charrington, Lady Copra, Zebra, Extra Meade Pack, Control Freak, Dekon, Asenine, Heidorn Hill (a Fraktur font), Castorgate, Troglodyte. With Apostrophe, he made Moondog (2001), Choda, Futurex, Duralith, Epyval, BooterMM, Pamelor, Sabril, Erinal, Karisma, Whackadoo, Bicicles, Drummon, Primary Elector, Youthanasia, Grunja, Prussian Brew, ChizMM, Luciferus, Labtop, Gilgongo, Labrit, Kandide, Brassiere (which became the commercial face Ipscus in 2009), Eskargot, Endor, Labag.
Klingspor link. Fontspace link. Dafont link. Abstract Fonts link.
View Graham Meade's typefaces. [Google]
Harold Lohner was born in upstate New York in 1958. He received an MFA in printmaking from the University at Albany and is Professor of Visual Arts at Sage College of Albany. He began making fonts in 1997 and starting distributing them the next year through Harold's Fonts. He lives in Albany, NY, with his partner, Al Martino. Originally, most of his typefaces were freeware or shareware, but gradually, he started selling most on his site or via FontBros. His typefaces:
- Famous fonts: Boom Chicka (2013: a set of three cartoon fonts inspired by the poster for the Marilyn Monroe film, The Prince and the Showgirl (1957), designed by Bill Gold), Auteur (2007, after the handwriting in the opening titles of Jean Cocteau's The Beauty and the Beast, 1946), 12 to the Moon (2000, runes based on the Columbia Pictures movie "12 to the Moon"), Aardvark Café (2000, extrapolated from the famous Hard Rock Café logo), BENSFOLK (2000, adapted from the work of Ben Shahn, in turn adapted from "folk or amateur" alphabets. Font originally developed for The Arts Center of the Capital Region.), BENSFOLK CONDENSED (2000), Bensgothic (1998), BensgothicLigatures (1998), CALAVERAS (2002, a take on Daisyland), Comet Negative (2000, based on the logo of Country Music Television (CMT)), Comet Positive (2000), HonestJohns (2000, based on the lettering in the classic Howard Johnson's restaurants logo), METRODF (2000, based on the Mexico City subway's lettering), Radio (2002, derived from the old NPR (National Public Radio) logo).
- Handlettering: Empress Monograms (2014), Frank the Architect (2004, +Bold, 2009: after the lettering of architect Frank Ching), National Archive (2009, calligraphic), Rough Draft (2009, sketched font), Greg's Hand (2009), Rudland Hand (2007, inspired by the work of the British artist and designer Peter Rudland), Gamera (2006), Directors Script (2006, based on a film credits script from the 1940s), National Archive (2005, based on the lettering of Timothy Matlack, who wrote the Declaration of Independence), Frank the Architect (2004, based on Frank Ching's lettering, which also gave rise to the Tekton family), Imitation (2003, inspired by the handlettered titles of the film Imitation of Life (1959), directed by Douglas Sirk and artdirected by Richard H. Riedel), Imitation Two (2004), antiestablishment (2000), Christmas Card (2000, based on the handlettered opening titles of the film "It's a Wonderful Life", Art Director: Jack Okey. This font was retired and replaced in 2006 by Testimonial), Espangle (2002, as the lettering for El Corte Ingles), Dad's Recipe (2000, based on his dad's handwriting), Greg's Hand (2001, Greg Smith's writing), Greg's Other Hand (2002), Kaela (1998, reshaped and extended in 2006), Marker Man (1999), Synch (2000, with Phil Campbell, inspired by the work of the artist Stuart Davis), Synchronous (2000, based on Syncopated Script, again made with Phil Campbell), Syncopated Script (1999).
- Blackletter: Waldorf Text (2011, after a 1914 original), Waldorf Heavy Illuminated (2011), Manucrypt (2011), Rude Goth (2007, grunge blackletter), Alsace-Lorraine, Benighted, Chinese Gothic, Christmas Card II, Kombine Regular, Kombine Kursiv (2000), Olde Chicago.
- Woodtype: Blacktops (caps, 1999), Blacktop Small Caps (1999), Blacktop Regular (2014), Cinderella (1998). The Western font Cattle Annie (2006) is an unauthorized digital interpretation of the analog font "Les Catalanes." According to ABZ: More alphabets and other signs by Rothenstein and Gooding, it was designed in 1952 by Enric Crous-Vidal (1908-1987) but was never produced.
- Stencil fonts: JJ Stencil, JJStencilLight (2000, inspired by the work of Jasper Johns), JJStencil Wet, JJStencilMedium, Sideshow (2000, based on the stencilled lettering on a vintage Ouija board), JJStencilSolid (2003), StencilFour (2001, inspired by the logo of Channel 4 (UK); reworked in 2006 into Oaktag), StencilFourReversed (2001).
- Western: Oklahoma (2006, based on the title of the film by that name), Captain Howdy (1999, 2000, Western font based on the lettering on a Ouija board).
- Fraktur fonts: Benighted (2002), AlsaceLorraine (2000), Chinese Gothic (2000), Kombine Regular (2000), Kombine Kursiv (2000).
- Revived Letraset fonts: BLOCK UP family (2000, based on the font family by the same name by Sally Ann Grover (1974) for Letraset), Good Vibes (2001, based on the analog font "Good Vibrations" by Trevor Hatchett for Letraset, 1973), GoodVibesBackbeat (2001), ObliqueTextBold (2000, based on a Letraset font called Obliq, 1984), ObliqueTextLight (2000), ObliqueTextMedium (2000), Wireframe (2000, based on the Letraset font Bombere designed by Carla Bombere (or Carla Ward)).
- Art deco fonts: Cartel (2005, simply gorgeous), based on the lettering of the 1936 movie by that name), Crazy Harold (2009), Road Jester (2009), Onion (2003), Roberta (2003, based on a font of Bob Trogman, 1962), Roberta Raised Shadow (2003), Boomerang family (1998-2000), LeFilmClassic family (2000, based on the classic Art Deco font of the same name, originally designed by Marcel Jacno and released by Deberny&Peignot, 1927), LeFilmLetters (2000), LeFilmShadow (2000), PopUps (1998, a 3-d art deco font for signboards), Tapeworm (1998, based on the work of artist Ed Ruscha), Farouk (2001, a five-line art deco font, based on an analog font of the same name, as illustrated in Paul E. Kennedy's "Modern Display Alphabets"; in fact, the original source should be Fatima, a font designed by Karl Hermann Schaefer in 1933 at Schriftguss, and a copy of it at FT Française was called Atlas (1933). Lohner renamed Fatima to Atlas at some point, and added Atlas Solid, still in 2001).
- MICR fonts: CMC7 (1998).
- Dingbats: Everyday People (2013, silhouettes), Bingo Dingo (2011, inspired by the classic Mexican game, Loteria), Essene Dingbats (2005), Chapeau (2005, inspired by the 1902 Sears Catalog), Corset (2005, inspired by the 1902 Sears Catalog), Harold's Pips (2004), Alpha Bravo (2003), Rebus, AmericanCheese (1999), Candide Dingbats (1999, a reclinming women dingbat face based on decorations designed by Rockwell Kent for "Candide," circa 1928), Maritime Flags (2000), New Year Dingbats (1999: Japanese patterns).
- Monospace fonts: Chica Mono (2000, based on Apple's Chicago; not really monospaced, by the way), Queer Theory Black, Bold, Regular and Light (1999).
- Arabic simulation faces: Alhambra (2006), Alhambra Deep (2006).
- Oriental simulation fonts: Bruce Mikita (+Solid) (after a metal font by the same name; Dan Solo calls it Lantern), Pad Thai (2006), Mystic Prophet (2002, inspired by Ouija boards), Chines Gothic, Font Shui (inspired by a style of hand-lettering illustrated in Alphabets: Ancient&Modern, compiled by J. B. Russell (Padell, 1946), Rubaiyat Shadow and Inline, Seoul (Korean font simulation), Shazi, Twelve to the moon, Chow Fun (2001, an oriental simulation face based on a sample of hand lettering identified as "Crooks' Stencil Designed Alphabet" in Alphabets: Ancient&Modern, compiled by J. B. Russell and published in 1945 by Padell Book Co), Quasi (1998).
- Cartoon fonts: Laughtrack (2009, based on the work of the cartoonist Jerry Robinson), CokerOne (2000, based on the work of cartoonist Paul Coker Jr), Coker Two (2000) (note: therse fonts were erroneously named. They were renamed to Denney because of this: "The lettering in the fonts you have was developed by Alan Denney at Hallmark in the late 1950s. He also worked for American Greetings Hi Brows from 1960 - 1966 and then returned to Hallmark.... And he later went to a different lettering style when Shoe Box cards became Hallmark's funny card line replacing Contemporary Cards. Alan retired from Hallmark in 1993 and died two years later."), ZITZ (2000, based on the hand lettering in the King Features daily strip "Zits" by Jim Borgman and Jerry Scott), Ohmigosh (2007: 12 styles of comic book lettering).
- Dot matrix fonts: Fortuna Dot (2001).
- Pixel fonts: Larcher (based on a modular font designed by Jean Larcher).
- Medieval script fonts: Sonnet Italic&Swash (2009), Galathea (2000, based on a classic analog font of the same name, "Originalerzeugnis von J. S. Schelter&Giesecke, Leipzig").
- Fonts made in 2013: OK Monograms (retro-futuristic), Splunge (based on Franklin Gothic).
- Fonts made in 2012: Humerus (Halloween font inspired by the opening credit sequence of Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein, 1948), Retrospace (inspired by the hand-lettered opening credits of the film Some Came Running (1958)), Toynbee Idea (free font based on Toynbee tiles), Hymn (scanbat).
- Fonts made in 2011: Institute Stamps (grunge), Magic Carpet, Shoemaker (shoe stitch face).
- Fonts made in 2010: Salmagundi (grunge), Dynamotor (like Dynamo, which was designed by K. Sommer and first released in 1930), Poignant (inspired by the hand-lettered film titles of certain mid-1900s films from Twentieth-Century Fox, including "All About Eve", "Gentleman's Agreement" and "No Way Out."), Pharmacy MMX (unicase), Karta (3d face), Flores MMX.
- Fonts made in 2009: Wexley (revival of a VGC font called Wexford), Sonnet (based on the printed text of Shakespeare, 1609), Fashion Brush, Fashion Script, Imitation One, Two, and Three, Generation B (all at Font Bros), Gainsborough (2009, an art deco face inspired by the hand-lettered titles of an Alfred Hitchcock film, The Lady Vanishes (1938)), Comfy (FontBros: inspired by an example of "Pinselschrift" (brush lettering) by Wilhelm Dechert), Sirena (FontBros: inspired by the hand-lettered opening titles of the film I Married a Witch).
- Fonts made in 2008: Alumino (inspired by Saul Bass's design for the aluminum company Alcoa), République (four fonts inspired by Paris Metro signs---not the familiar Art Nouveau "Metropolitain" signs, but the later Art Deco design by Adolphe Dervaux), Handbill (based on rubber stamps), Flash Mob, Pen Script Monograms, Royal Wedding (commercial set at Font Bros), 2 Clover Monograms, 4 Heart Monograms, Silverliner (based on the opening titles of the 1951 Hitchcock movie Strangers on a Train), Tricot (lettering as done on a sweater, after a design by Nancy Stahl), Silverliner (based on the opening titles of the 1951 Hitchcock movie Strangers on a Train), Carbon Copy, Bracelet Mongrams.
- Fonts made in 2007: Aeolian, Pub Bites, Barril and Barril Doble (a digital interpretation of the 1970s Neufville font Barrio), Circle Monograms, XOXO (grunge), Safety Pin (inspired by the cover of the June 1946 Ladies Home Journal), Swizzle Script (a script based on Stylescript, 1940, Sol Hess: compare with Coronet and Trafton), New England (script), Madfont (after MAD magazine's logo), Quince (a brush version of Klumpp's Murray hill), Plumber's Gothic, Gamera.
- Fonts made in 2006: Humdinger (comic book lettering), Stella Dallas (a Koch Antiqua style face based on he hand-lettered titles of the film Stella Dallas), Foam Light, Mean 26 Sans, Mean 26 Serif, Gaudi, Lapis Lazuli (3 calligraphic fonts based on Dan X. Solo's Papyrus), Garden, Boston Line and Philadelphia Line (inspired by Boston Line Type, developed in the 1830s by Samuel Gridley Howe for use in raised-letter printing for the blind; the Philadelphia Line fonts were inspired by another raised-print font, this one developed by Julius Friedlander and adopted in 1837 by his Philadelphia school, now the Overbrook School for the Blind), Honeymoon (a script based on the Holiday Inn lettering), Blooper and Bloop Script (after Cooper Black and Brush Script), Roman monograms.
- Fonts made in 2005: Don Semiformal, Fabulous Prizes, Valentin (inspired by the work of Valentin Haüy, creator of the first books for the blind), Chelt Press (a grungy Cheltenham), National Debt, Pub Smooth (followed in 2007 by Pub Bites), Baronial Monograms, Vine Monograms, Thaleia (revival of Thalia), Harold's Monograms Bold, Blockograms, CarmenMonograms, Profiler, Goya, Jest, Chaser, Rebus (dingbats), Dilemma, The Birds, CVelestial Alphabet.
- Fonts made in 2004: Snowflake Monograms, Upbeat Demi, Pessima, White Birch, Artistamp, Entwined Monograms, Project, Dirty Finger, Koch Dingbats, Yard Sale, Shield Monograms, Gainsborough (inspired by the hand-lettered titles of the Alfred Hitchcock film "The Lady Vanishes", 1938), Jim Dandy (an interpretation of the 19th century face Jim Crow), Gaumont (based on the hand-lettered titles of the film The 39 Steps (1935), a Gaumont-British Picture, directed by Alfred Hitchcock), Imitation2, Sunset, Bend It, Pretz, Cantabile, Echo, Skidz, Columbia Stamp, Trudeau Sans (a companion of his architectural face Trudeau), Frank the Architect (2004, a Frank Ching-inspired face not unlike Tekton).
- Fonts made in 2003: Card Characters, Pieces, Harlequin, Hexagrams&Octograms, Popstars, Level, Peace, Collegiate Monograms, Bead Chain, Marquee.
- Fonts made in 2002: Level, Backhand Brush, Joggle, Script Monograms, Brickletter, Font Shui (oriental simulation), Heartland (for Valentine's day), Melodymaker (for music), Antiestablishment, Penmanship, RingTV, Cabaletta (now called Roosevelt), Graceful Ghost (caps based on an 18th century French design by Pouget&fils), the Ixat family (grunge fonts), PalimpsestBlack (grunge font), PalimpsestDark, PalimpsestLight, PalimpsestRegular, Pearlie, Repent (based on the work of American folk artist Jesse Howard), WillingRace (upper and lower case together).
- Fonts made in 2001: Carmen Caps, Crazy Harold (2001, based on a font of the same name, as illustrated in Paul E. Kennedy's "Modern Display Alphabets"; extended to 8 weights in 2006), Easter Parade (brush script), Famous Label (pen lettering), FLORES (based on a florist's sign in Valencia, Spain), FONT ERROR, Guadalupe (Mexican simulation face), GuadalupeDos, HMBlackDiamondThree, HMBlackDiamondTwo, HMBlackOvalThree, HMBlackOvalTwo, HMWhiteDiamondThree, HMWhiteDiamondTwo, HMWhiteOvalThree, HMWhiteOvalTwo, Handmedown, Hymn, KaffeehausNeon (based on Kaufmann), PubSmooth (a variant of the classic font Publicity Gothic), Roselyn (a script font based on a font in "Lettering and Alphabets" by John Albert Cavanagh), RubaiyatDoubleLine, RubaiyatEngraved, RubaiyatInline, RubaiyatOutline, RubaiyatShadow, RubaiyatSolid, SanitaryBoldCaps, SanitaryDemi, SanitaryRegular, Shazi, ShaziGhost, Subtext (grunge font).
- Fonts made in 2000: Arrobatherapy, Barbeque, Black Oval Monogram, Bruce Mikita (oriental simulation), Bruce Mikita2, Cantabile, CantabileAlternate, Celestial Alphabet, the Goya family (extrapolated from the logo of the GOYA food products company), King Harold (inspired by the lettering on the Bayeux Tapestry), KingXmas, KingXmasStars, KochQuadratFill, KochQuadrat, KochQuadratGuides, KochQuadratInline, KochQuadratOutlines, Koch Rivoli, Lab Rat, Law School (based on the architectural lettering at Albany Law School, Albany, NY, now named Trudeau, after a design by architect Robert Louis Trudeau), Milky Way (based on a style of hand lettering by Ross F. George included in 1930s Speedball lettering books), MilkyWayTwo (2001), Neurotoxin, Pharmacy, Punchhappy (holes in letters, influenced by Apostrophe's Toolego?), Punchhappy Shadow, Quarterround, Quarterround Tile (a kitchen tile font), RedCircle (based on the lettering on Eight O'Clock brand coffees), Ringpin, ScarletRibbons (inspired by a Speedball lettering book from the 30s by Ross F. George), Screwball (font in memory of Madeline Kahn), Solemnity (an uncial font modeled on the analog font SOLEMNIS by Günter Gerhard Lange, 1952), ThreePartySystemA, ThreePartySystemB, ThreePartySystemC, Vasarely (named in honor of Op artist Victor Vasarely; based on a modular font by Jean Larcher).
- Fonts made in 1999: BrideOfTheMonsterStencil, Bubble Gum Rock A and B (1999-2002), CheltPressDark, CheltPressDarkVariegated, CheltPressLigh, CheltPressLightVariegated, CheltPress, Esquivel, EsquivelEngraved, Fulton Artistamp, MADFONT, Smellvetica, SmellveticaOutline, Vedette Blanche (movie roll font), VedetteNoire.
- Fonts made in 1998: BrideOfTheMonster (caps and numbers are based on Rudolph Koch's Neuland), Cheapskate family, Dominican (coffee bean bag font), Landmark, OldeChicago (based on the Apple Chicago font), Ricecakes, SavingsBond extended in 2006 to National Debt, National Debt Hilite and National Debt 3D), StampAct, StampActJumbled, Thanksgiving, Virile Open, Virile Solid.
- Typefaces from 2011: Bingo Dingo (dingbats inspired by the classic Mexican board game, Lotería), ManuCrypt (blackletter), Waldorf Text (blackletter).
- Typefaces from 2012: Curator (a compact handwriting font), Seafare (circus style face), Hardline (op art prismatic style), London (inspired by London, Susan Kare's bitmap-style Olde English designed for Apple in the early 1980s. Variations include cross-stitch, harlequin (black and white diamonds), and shaded (diagonal lines)).
Link at Dafont. . Abstract Fonts link. [Google]
Hershey fonts for ghostscript
The Hershey Fonts were originally created by Dr. A.V. Hershey while working at the U. S. National Bureau of Standards. Free type 1 versions are now part of the ghostscript distribution. Note that these are stroked version (PaintType=1), and thus unusual! Part of the conversion work done by Thomas Wolff. [Google]
[Arkandis Digital Foundry]
[Dan M. Zadorozny]
Born in Philadelphia and a resident of Texas, Dan Zadorozny's creations at Iconian. He is a prolific type designer who specializes in techno and sci-fi typefaces. Dafont link. Fontsy link. Abstract Fonts link. Font Squirrel link. His fonts in alphabetical order:
- #44 font (2002), 00Starmap (2001, pixel font), 1st Cav (2008), 2-Tech, 2nd Amendment (2007, guns), 2nd Amendment 2050 (2009, more gun silhouettes), 2Toon, 300 Trojans (2008, comic book family), 4114 Blaster (2008, futuristic), 5th Agent (2008, techno), 7th Service (2002), 8th Element (2013), 911Porscha.
- Achilles, Action-Men (2008), Action Women (2008, female outlines), Aegis (2010, Greek simulation family), Aetherfox (2013), AirCobra (2002), Aircruiser (2011, trekkie family), AirForce (planes and copters), Airstrike (2013), Airstrip One (2003), Aldo's Moon, Aldo's Nova, Alexis (2001), Alien League, Alpha Sentry, Alpha Taurus (2007, octagonal, athletic lettering), Amalgam, Americorps (2012), Anakefka (2009, ultra-fat family), Antikythera (2013, Greek simulation face), Antilles (2009, sans family), Argosy, Arilon (2008), Army Rangers (2013, octagonal), Astropolis (2009), Atlantia (2012, futuristic), Avenger (2008, futuristic).
- Babes&Bond (2009, erotic silhouettes), Babe-alicious (2002, erotic outlines), Bad Robot (2007, computer game look), Bal-Astaral, Bamf (2011, techno family), Battlefield, Beam Rider, Beastian (2011), Ben Zion (2008, Hebrew simulation), Berserker (2008, grunge), Beta Biergärten (2008), Bio-disc, Bio-discSolid, Bio-discThin, Bionic Comic (2002), Bionic Type (2002), Birds of a Feather (2007, dingbats), Block, Blood Crow (2009), Bloodlust (2011, dripping blood face), Blue July (2009), Bog Beast (2013), Brin Athyn (2008, uncial/Celtric), Bronic (2004), Bubble Butt (2014, bubblegum typeface), Bummer (2007, octagonal), Bushido (2008, oriental simulation), Butch and Sundance (2013), Buttons the Bear (2008, children's hand), Byte Police.
- Capella (2011, a wide techno family), CasperComics, Chardin Doihle (2008), a useful informal handprinting family), Charlemagne, Charlie's-Angles, Cheyenne Hand (2008), Christendom, Clubber Lang (2013, grungy), C.O.D.E.R. (2012), Colossus (2011, old chipped stone look), ComicBookCommando, ComicFX, Commonwealth, Concielian, Corinthian, Covert Ops (2012, army stencil), Coyote Deco (2007, art deco), Crappity-Crap-Crap (2007), Crime Syndicate (2013), Crixus (2011, a squarish sans that includes an athletic lettering style), Cro-Magnum (2003), CryUncial, Cyberia (like Soviet: neat Russian imitation letters), Cyrus The Virus (2012, grungy, hand-printed).
- DS Man, Daedalus (2008), Daemonicus (2012), Dan Stargate (2008), Dan'sHand, Dark Horse (nice brush font), Darkwind, Dassault (2013), Delta Ray, Demon Priest (2013), Department-K, DepartmentH, Deranian (2008), Detonator, Devil Summoner (2014), DiegoCon (2004), Ding-o-saurs (2007), Direktor (2008, Cyrillic simulation techno), Dire Wolf (2013), Disco-Dork, Disco Deck (2005), Disco Duck, Dodger, Dotcom (2002), Drafting Board (2008), Drafting Table (2008), Dragon Order (oriental simulation), Drid Herder (2002), Droid-Lover (2008), Drosselmeyer (my favorite).
- Eagleclaw (2009), Eaglemania, Earthrealm (2013), Earthshake (2013), Earth's Mightiest (2002), Eco-files, Eldebaran (2012), Elder Magic (2009), Election Day (2009), Empire Crown (2011, blackletter), Enduro, Ensign Flandry, Ephesian (2007), Erin Go Bragh (2009, Celtic/uncial), EscapeArtist, Eskindar (2013), Eternal Knight (2013), EverettSteele'sHand, Excelerate, Excelsior, Excelsior Comics, Exedore (2008), Exoplanet (2013, techno), Extechchop (2005).
- Factor, Falconhead, Famous Spaceships (2007), FantasticCreatures, Fantazian (2003), Fantom (2009, bad handwriting), Federal Escort (2014), Federal Service (2011), Federapolis (2008, octagonal techno face), Fedyral, Fedyral-II, Feldercarb (2003, octagonal font), Ferret Face (2013), Fiddler's Cove (2012), Fight Kid (2009), First Order (2001), Flesh Eating Comic (2013, grunge), Flight Corps (2008, techno/pixelish), FlyingLetaherneck (2002), Force Majeure, Frank-n-Plank (2013, a wooden plank font), Free-Agent (2008), Freedom Fighter (2013, stencil), From Bond With Love (2014: military stencil), FunnyPages, Futurex Grunge (2005).
- Galant, Galaxy-1 (2008), Galaxy Far Far Away (2009, futuristic dingbat font), Galga (2008, futuristic), Gamma Sentry, Gemina (2011, sci-fi / techno family), Gemina2 (2013), Generation Nth, GeoBats (2007), Gearhead (2013, octagonal), GI Incognito (2012), Global Dynamics (2014), Goalie (2008, hockey mask alphading), Gods of War, Governor, Graymalkin (2011, trekky), Grease Gun (2012), Grendel's Mother, Grim Ghost (2013), Grimlord (2009), Guardian (2008), Guardian-Laser (2008), Guardian-Pro (2008), Guardian-Shadow (2008), Gunship, Gunship V2 (2002), Gypsy Killer (2013), Gyrfalcon.
- Hadriatic (2008, roman lettering), Half Elven (2013), Halfshell Hero (2013), Hall of Heroes (2007), Halo, Han Solo (2013), Harrier (2002), Hawkmoon (2011), Hello Copters (2013: helicopter dingbats), Heorot (2009, stone age fonts), Heroes Assemble (2011), Heroes Assemble Dingbats (2014: all Avenger characters), Highrise Heaven (2007, city skyline dingbats), Holy Empire, Homemade-Robot, Homeworld (2003), Homeworld Translator (2003), Hulkbusters, Hydro Squad (2014), Hypno Agent.
- Iapetus (2014, sci-fi), Icebox Art (2012), IWantMyTTR!, Iconian (2002), Iconified, Illuminati, Imaginary Forces (2008, mythical dingbats), Imperial Code (2003, Startrek style face), Imperium, Incubus, Incubus-Italic (2008), Incubus-Shadow (2008), Infinity Formula (2003, super techno), Infobubble, I-House Edition (2014), Interceptor (2008), Interdiction (2012), International Super Hero (2002), Intrepid, Iron-Cobra (2008), Iron Forge (2012).
- Jack's Candlestick (2013), Jackson, Jannisaries, Jedi Special Forces (2012), Jerusalem (1999, Hebrew font simulation)[see also here], Jetta, JettaTech, Jetway (2012, a stencil face), Johnny Torch (2012), Judge, Judge Hard, Justice (2009), Jumptroops (2003), Justinian.
- Kahless, KameraDings (2009), KarateChop (2009), Kartoons (2008), Katana, Kennebunkport (2013, script), Keystone (pixel font), Khazad-Dum (2011), Kid Cobalt (2008, comic book face), Kinex, King Commando (2011), King's Ransom, KnightsTemplar, Knock Furious (2003, dingbats), Kobold (2008, futuristic), Kondor (2013), Kountry Kodes (2008, international license plate lettering), Kovacs-Spot, Kovacs, Kreeture (2002), Kubrick (2008).
- Lamprey (2012, techno family), LandShark (2001), LandWhale (2001), Laredo Trail (2013, a Western face), Laserian, Law and Order (2005, dingbats), League Wars (2013, sci-fi stencil), Leatherface (2013), LegalTender, Legion, Liberty Island (2013, sci-fi), Lightsider (2011, Star Trekkish family), Lincoln Lode, Lionel (2009), Low Gun Screen (2008, a totally square screen type family), Lincoln Chain, Lionheart, Lobo-Tommy (2008), Lord of the Sith, Loveladies, Low Gun Screen (2008, screen face).
- Machiavelli, Mad Marker, Magic Beans (2007), Marathon-II, Marathon, Masked Marvel (2002), Masterdom (2004), Metal Storm 3D (2008), Metronauts (2013), Metroplex, MetroplexLaser, MetroplexShadow, Michaelmas, Micronian (2009, pixelish headline family), Milk Bar (2003), Micronian (2008, extensive pixel-based family), Military-RPG (2008), Missile Man (2002, futuristic), Miss Amanda Jones (2004, brush style), Mobile Infantry, Modi Thorson (2013, techno), Monsterama (2011, scary face), Moon Dart (2008), Morse Kode, MorseNK, Movie Gallery (2008, dingbats), Mrs. Monster (2013, Halloween brush font), Mystic Singler (2008, rough brush face).
- Nathan Brazil (2013, art deco), National Express (2003), Native Alien, Nemesis Enforcer (2013), Neo-Geo (like the letters on the Neon cars), Neuralnomicon, Nick Turbo (2001), NifeFite, NifeFiter, NifeFites, Nightchilde (2013), Nightrunner (2008, sci-fi), Nightwraith (2011, techno family), Ninjas (2002), NoloContendre, Nostromo, Nuevo Passion (2013), Nyet (2002, Soviet letter simulation).
- Oberon, Oberon-Deux, Obsidiscs (2003, dingbats), Oceanic Drift (2013), October Guard (2013, Cyrillic simulation face), Odinson (2007, runes), Olympicons (2003), Omega 3 (2010, futuristic), Omega Force (2013, octagonal / mechanical), Omega Sentry, OmniGirl (2003, techno), Opilio (2012), Opus Magnus (2013, metal band font), Oramac (2004), Ore Crusher (2013), Outlands-Truetype (2001), Outrider (2013), Ozda (2011, a fat techno family with several horizontally striped styles), Ozymandias.
- Psyonic VII (2012), Pandemonious Puffery (2002), Parker's Hand (2002, handwriting), Perdition, Peregrine, Phaser Bank (2008, techno), Philadelphia, Philly Dings (2003), Piper Pie (2007), Pistoleer (2011), Planet N, Planet S, Planet X, Player 1 Up (2012: architectural family), Police Cruiser (2013), Postmaster, Power Lord (2011), Presley-Press (2007), Press Darling (2012), Procyon, Prokofiev (2009, rounded and squarish), Promethean (2008), Protoplasm, Prowler (2013), Pseudo Saudi (1999, Arabic simulation), PuffAngel, Pulse Rifle (2009), Pyrabet.
- QTs (2013: erotic silhouettes), Quake-&-Shake, Quantum of Malice (2013), Quark Storm (2013), Quartermain (2002), Quasitron (2009, futuristic), Quatl (2002, an Inca font), Queen&Country (2009), Quest Knight (2009), Questlok, Quicken (2013, horizontal stencil), QuickGear, Quickmark (2004), QuickQuick, QuickStrike, QuickTech.
- RCMP, RadZad, Radio-Space, Raise Your Flag (2013), Realpolitik, Rebecca, Rebel Command (2012, Star Trek family), Redcoat (2008, blackletter), Red Rocket (2011, techno), Regulators, Replicant, Repulsor (2013, pixelish), Rhalina (2011, a nice upright script), Righteous Kill (2009), Robotaur (2008), Rocket Junk, Rocket Type (2002), Rogue-Hero, Roid Rage (2003), Ro'Ki'Kier (2008), Rosicrucian (2009, stone age font), Rubber Boy (2013, poster font family).
- Sable Lion (2002), Sagan (2008, futuristic), Scarab, ScarabScript, Sci-Fi (2008), SDF (2013), Sea-Dog, Searider-Falcon (2008), Secret Files (2011), Sever, Shining Herald (2013), SisterEurope, Snubfighter (2009, sci-fi), Soldier (2011), Sound FX (2003), Soviet, Space Cruiser, Space Junker, Space Ranger (2013), SPQR (2008, grunge roman), Spy Agency (2012), Spy Lord (2001), Starduster (2011), Starfighter, Star Navy (2009: dingbats), Strikelord (2011, trekkie family), Stuntman, Subadai Baan (2013), SuperUltra911, Superago (2002).
- Talkies (2008, dingbats), Tarrget (2013, based on the Tekken "Tag Tournament" logo), Taskforce (2008), Tauro (2012), Tele-Marines, Terra Firma, Texas, Texas2, TheRifleman, The Shire (2009), The Shooter (2012: gun dingbats), Thundergod, Thundergod II (2013), Thunder-Hawk (2011, an aviation techno face), Tigershark (2013), Timberwolf (2011), Time Warriors (2007), Tool (2012, dingbats of tools), Toon Town Industrial (2005, comic book font), Tower Ruins (2014: stencil), Tracer, Trajia (2008, a techno/stencil/athletic lettering family), Traveler (2008), Travelicons (2009), Travesty (2003, scrawly handwriting), Trek Trooper (2008, Startrek font), Trigger Man (2013, octagonal and mechanical), Trireme (2011, Star trek family), Tristram (2008, uncial), Troopers (2011, futuristic), Trueheart (2009, Celtic), Tussle (2002), Typeecanoe (hand-printed), Typhoon (2013).
- Uberholme, Uberholme Lazar (2001), UFO Hunter (2009), Ultra 911, Ultramarines (2013), Unisol, United Palanets (2014), UniversalJack, Uno Estado (2009, constructivist), U.S.A., USArmy, US Army II (2013), US Marshal (2012), US Navy (2007), U.S.S. Dallas (2008), Usuzi.
- Valerius (2009, uncial), Valkyrie (2008), Valley Forge (2008), Vampire Games (2001), VariShapes (2001), VideoStar, Vigilante Notes (2003), Vilmos Magyar, Vindicator (2012, techno), voxBOX, Voortrekker Pro (2009: octagonal and athletic lettering family), Vorpal (2012: sci-fi stencil face), Vorvolaka (2013), Voyage Fantastique (2013), Vyper (2008, futuristic stencil).
- War Eagle (2009), War Machine, War Priest (2012), Warrior Nation (2011), Wars of Asgard (2009), Watchtower (2012), Weaponeer (2008, military lettering), Were-Beast (2008), Wet Works (2013, grungy stencil), Whatafont, Ensign Flandry (2003), Whiskey Bravo (2003), Wildcard (2011, Star trek family), Wimp Out (2004), Wolf's Bane (+II, +Super-Extended, 2013), Woodgod (2013), Worldnet (great wordly O), Write Off, Writer's-Block, WyldStallyns.
- Xaphan (2003), XCryption (1999, a hacker face), X-Fighters (2014), XPED, Xcelsion (2002), Xenophobia, Xephyr, Xeppelin (2005, zeppelin dingbats), X-Grid (2008), Xiphos (2007), Xmas Xpress (2013), Xoxoxa, X-Racer (2012).
- Yahren, Yama Moto (2009: oriental simulation), Yankee Clipper (2011), Yay USA (2013), Year 2000, Year3000 (2001), Yellow Jacket (2002), Yiroglyphics (2004), Yorstat (oriental simulation), Young Frankenstein (2013), Youngtechs (2008, futuristic), Yukon Tech.
- Za's Vid (2001, pixel font), Zado (2002, dot-matrix font), Zakenstein (2011, caps only grunge), Zamboni Joe (2002, hand-printed)), Zealot (2008), Zee Lance, Zen Masters (2002, pixelish), Zeta Sentry (2009, techno/futuristic), Zollern (2013), Zombie Control (2013: a bloody paint drip face), Zone Rider, Zoologic (2009, animal dingbats), Zyborgs, Zymbols.
Prolific type designer in Florida, b. 1952. His fonts were originally free and consisted largely of dingbats. Around 2005 he went commercial, and now sells his work (over 350 fonts as of 2009) via MyFonts. He has branched out into several font styles, with a soft spot for stencil fonts, fonts for signage, and fonts for advertising. Born in New York, his family moved to Florida in 1963, where he has been ever since. An interview. Alternate URL. Yet another URL with his early free fonts.
My pages on him.
Fontsy link. Picture. Dafont link. Abstract Fonts link. MyFonts link. Klingspor link. [Google]
Kaiser Zhar Khan
[True Type Fonts]
Well over 500 original designs by Ray Larabie formerly from from Port Credit/Mississauga, Ontario, but now in Nagoya, Japan. Fontspace link. Dafont link. Abstract Fonts link. Another URL. Another URL. Fontsy link.
Ray Larabie's fonts were originally free. The site was discontinued in the summer of 2001. Ray Larabie started a second life in his new commercial foundry, Typodermic, which opened in the Autumn of 2001.
The following fonts are free: Blue Highway (1996-2011, based on American road signs, +Linocut), Strenuous, Shlop (2001, blood drip font), Tofu, Electoral Blue, Embargo, Lunaurora, MarqueeMoon, President Gas (nice stencil font), Motorcade, Overload, Baltar (2010), Dignity of Labour (1999), DirtyBakersDozen (1998, military stencil), Mufferaw (2000), Kimberley (2002), Typodermic, Mexcellent (2000, a great triline and 3D face), Minya (old typewriter font), PulseState, Quinquefoliate, Yadou, Para-Aminobenzoic, Hydrogen Whiskey, Metal Lord (an Iron Maiden font made in 1996), Golden Girdle, DazzleShips, Kredit, Minisystem, Boron, RiotAct, GlazKrak (1996), SoRunDown (1997; visions of Detroit in 2010), YellowPills, Fake Receipt, Tinsnips, Lucky Ape, Bailey's Car, Icicle Country, Home Sweet Home, Let's Eat, Giant Tigers, RoboKoz, Snidely, Xtra-Flexi-Disc, Fluoride Beings, Field Day Filter, Bramalea Beauty (1998), Braeside Lumberboy (stencil font), Oliver's Barney, Rothwell, Fragile Bombers, Yawnovision, Superheterodyne, Massive Retaliation, Instant Tunes, Neurochrome, Xenowort, Balcony Angels, Neuropol Deluxe, Quadaptor, Deftone Stylus, Lady Starlight, LetterSet, Map of You, First Blind, Larabiefont (monospaced, 1999), Monofonto (monospaced, 1999), Orange kid, Thiamine (1999), Green Fuzz, Gunplay (stencil font), Mail Ray Stuff, Walshes Outline, Mississauga, Union city blue, Carbon Phyber (1999-2009), Carbon Block, Plain Cred, First Blind, Walshes, Credit river, Dendritic Voltage, Neuropolitical, Poke, Port Credit, Lesser Concern, Kustom Kar, Mold Papa, Kleptocracy, Blue Highway D, Hots, Coolvetica, Holy Smokes, Chinese Rocks, sudbury Basin, Lilliput steps, Hurontario, Participants, Adriator (1999), Airmole (2000), Airmole Antique (2000), Ethnocentric, Biting My Nails, Biting Outline, Dyspepsia, Vanilla Whale, Libel Suit, Effloresce, BeatMyGuest, DreamOrphans, EffloresceAntique, EnnobledPet, Euphorigenic, EyeRhyme, GotNoHeart, Hamma Mamma Jamma (1998), Octoville, PlainCred1978, Plasmatic, RadiosinMotionHard, Densmore (a modern stencil font), RadiosinMotion (a morse font), Sexsmith, ShouldveKnown, ShouldveKnownShaded, 20thCenturyFontItalic, Counterscraps, Cretino, Crystal Radio Kit, Duality, Echelon (1999, + Italic), Effloresce, Fabian, KenyanCoffee, MinyaNouvelle, OliversBarney, Oil Crisis (2002, car dingbats), SybilGreen (2000), Tork (2000), Degrassi, Vibrocentric, Rafika (stencil font), Berylium, Pakenham, Steelfish (see here), Bullpen, Almonte Woodgrain, Sandoval, Sappy Mugs (2002, mugshots), Colourbars, Unispace, Urkelian (1998), Subpear, Stasmic, StreetCred (1998), Zekton Dots, Vademecum, Vectroid (2000), Zeroes One (1999).
The early commercial fonts at Typodermic included Amienne (2004, brush script), Asterisp (named Aplha through Iota, asterisks, 2000), Bomr (2002), Jillican, Tank (2004, an octagonal face), Telidon Ink and Wyvern. Rare Larabie fonts. Mass download. Direct access to some fonts. Noteworthy is that Neuropol is the font in the official logo of the 2006 Olympic Winter Games. Roxio's new Easy Media Creator 7 includes 36 updated Ray Larabie freeware fonts with expanded character sets, kerning, Euro symbol and installable embedding: Arnprior, Baveuse, Berylium, Berylium Bold Italic, Blue Highway (based on the US highway series E font), Blue Highway Condensed, Blue Highway D Type, Blue Highway Bold, Blue Highway Linocut, Burnstown Dam, Carbon Block, Credit Valley (+ B, I,&BI), Earwig Factory, Hurry Up, Kredit, Krystoid, Minya Nouvelle (+ B, I,&BI), Neuropol, Planet Benson 2, Pupcat (unicase), Stereofidelic, Sybil Green (2000, girlish font), Teen (+ B, I, BI, Light, and Light Italic)), Velvenda Cooler, Velvenda MegablackWaker.
Fonts made in 2004-2005: Stentiga (free), Boopee, Zalderdash, First Blind 2, Fenwick Outline, Amienne, Induction, Huxtable, Good Times, Euphorigenic, Neuropolitical, Effloresce, Squealer, Axaxax, Coolvetica, Cretino, Heroid (comic book).
Catalog of the typefaces in the Larabie Fonts collection. [Google]
Maelle Keita is the second identity of Thomas Boucherie (Montpellier, France). The Maelle persona is a Swiss creator of the free fonts Anabelle Script (2014, a heavy brush script), Mademoiselle K (2014, a cursive typeface), Anacondas (2014, an upright connected script), Walker on the Moon (2014, connected script), Angelique ma douce Colombe (2014), Pomerole (2014), Paper For Your Ass (2014), Paper Towel (2014), Wolf in the City (2014), Dragon is Coming (2014), J'aime bien le dimanche (2014), Camelia (2014, grungy signage script), Kosmo Cat (2014, a stone age script), Ophelia Script (2014), Monkey Snake (2014), Ventilla Script (2014), Slow Motion (2014), Ail et Fines Herbes (2014: hairline script), Mister Fish : upright curly script(2014), Elephant (2014), Nemo One (2014), Royal Chicken (2014, signage script), Nenuphar of Venus (2013), There Can Only Be One Breaver Im It (2013: flourishes), Ruskof (2013, grunbgy Cyrillic simulation face), Kawaii Food Font (2013, dingbats), Chouette Alors (2013, owls), Eglantine (2013, upright script), Zentai Itacha (2013), Magnolia (2013), God Bless America (2013), Jack And The Beanstalk (2013, upright connected script), Halloween Trick (2013, dingbats), Noyeux Joel (2013, Christmas dings), Angel of Blood (2013), Matriochkas (2013), My Princess Likes A Frog (2013), Skate or Die (2013, dingbats), Chouette Alors (2013, owls), Sleep on the moon (2013), Animox (2013, teddy bear dingbats), It Was A Good Day (2013, ornaments and filets), Ordre de Depart (dot matrix face), Diane de France (2013, calligraphic), Serval (2013, script), Chicago Eskimo (2013, fat outlined signage face), Quality Street (2013, vintage signage script), From The Moment (2013, frames), Arabia (2013, upright connected script), Hector Le Dragon (2013), Fantom Better (2013), Mont Royal, Coccinelle, Ponctuation, Miel & Abeille, La Petite Puce, Yo te amo pero en secreto, Conjecture (a sketch font), Coloscobik (2013, a marquee face), Ejaculator, This Is Not A Font, Tell Me A Secret (2013), Chocolate Cake (2013, plump outline face), Eglantine (2013), Ornamind (2013, floral dingbats), La Grosse Cochonne (2013), Toyzareux (2013, bubblegum font), Oliver Tue Les Fourmis (2013), Two Fingers King (2013, an ornamental blackletter), Piragniac (2013), Marguerite (upright connected script), Gulliver, Arakphobia (2013, a spiderweb font), Gelatina Elemente (connected script), Zenzai Itacha (oriental simulation), Atlas Eternal 78 (2013), Serial MKV 1 (2013), The Black Manba (2013), Gang Bang Crime (2013, a dripping paint font), La Grenouille Verte Qui Devient Toute Rouge (2013), Aracme Waround (2013), Zoa Elephantesque (2013), Estrela Fulguria 1748 (2013, calligraphic), Cirus Quantum Solace (2013), Paint All Time (2013), Jumbo Burn (2013), Allo t'as pas de shampoing, Helene Queen K (2013, script), Not Only The Quake (2013, script), One Day Before Rain (2013), Bullet Campus (2013), Eternal Call (2013, swashy calligraphic font), Kill The Panda (2013, a textured blackletter face), Trash Butterfly (2013, ornamental caps) and In Secret I Love You (2013, hand-printed), A Sweet Melody My Lady (a circular font), Lady Solarus Queen 1789.
Fontspace link. Dafont link. [Google]
[Manfred Klein's Fonteria]
Manfred Klein's Fonteria
Frankfurt-based designer (b. 1932) whose creative output is so large that he deserves a separate web page. His URL at Moorstation from 2000-2007. New page on him by Florian Rochler. Font squirrel link. Dafont link. [Google]
Seattle-based company involved to some extent in typography. Until 2002, the fonts developed by them were free. That is no longer the case. They are major players in multilingual typeface development, type for on-screen use, and type formats such as OpenType. A listing of their typefaces:
Download the Microsoft core fonts in one file from a German site maintained by Dirk Burghardt. See also here and here. Consolas download. And from this Russian archive. Download the Meiryo family here or here.
- Andale: a monospaced TrueType font by Microsoft developed specially for Web applications by Steve Matteson. Formerly known as Monotype.com from Monotype.
- Impact: designed by Geoffrey Lee, based on an issue by the Sheffield foundry, Stephenson Blake.
- Arial: a sans serif family. Functional, but ugly.
- Times-New Roman and Courier are the bread and water.
- Comic Sans: designed by Vincent Connare.
- Verdana (sans serif) and Georgia (serif): font families by by Matthew Carter.
- Trebuchet: a humanist sans serif by Vincent Connare.
- Webdings: designed in 1997 as a collaborative work between Microsoft's Vincent Connare and top Monotype designers Sue Lightfoot, Ian Patterson and Geraldine Wade. The images are intended for web designers who wish to include live fonts as a fast way of rendering graphics.
- Nina: the latest face (2000), a pixel font signed by Matthew Carter. Hinted by Tom Rickner, it is designed to show well on screen at small point sizes.
- Calibri and Consolas (2004): a sans and a monospaced/typewriter font family by Luc(as) de Groot developed as part of the ClearType project. Calibri received a TypeArt 05 award.
- Candara (2004): a playful sans font family by Gary Munch developed as part of the ClearType project. Candara received a TypeArt 05 award.
- Cambria (2004): a font family by Jelle Bosma developed as part of the ClearType project.
- Corbel (2004): a simple sans font family by Jeremy Tankard developed as part of the ClearType project.
- Constantia (2004): a beautiful serifed text font family by John Hudson developed as part of the ClearType project. [Personal note: the name Constantia is already used for over a decade by Foster and Horton.]
- Meiryo (2004): a full roman and kanji font family by Eiichi Kono and Matthew Carter developed as part of the ClearType project.
The information below was written by Microsoft itself. The Typography Group at Microsoft is responsible for both fonts and the font rendering systems in Windows.
Since version 3.1 the primary font system built into Windows has been the TrueType system, licensed from Apple in a deal (with hindsight) remarkably beneficial to Microsoft. Working with Monotype, the Microsoft Typography Group produced fine TrueType versions of Arial, Times New Roman and Courier New, tuned to be extremely legible on the screen; these were all ready for the launch of Windows 3.1. Since then these core fonts have been developed to cover more and more of the world's languages.
In the mid-1990s under Robert Norton a program of truly new type designs was begun, using TrueType technology to render faithfully the bitmaps and outlines designed by Matthew Carter (Verdana, Georgia, Tahoma) and by in-house designer Vincent Connare (Trebuchet, Comic Sans). Until August 2002 these core fonts were offered freely over the Web, where they made an undoubtedly positive contribution in terms of legibility and font choice.
In 1996 the OpenType initiative with Adobe was announced; this is touted as "the end of the font wars", whereby advanced multilingual text layout becomes available, native rendering of PostScript fonts becomes part of Windows 2000, and unwieldy font formats are rationalized.
In 1998 the group announced ClearType. This is a very ingenious method to increase legibility on color LCD screens, individually targeting the 3 subpixels (red, green and blue) that make up each pixel. Such a leap forward in readability on these screens is a crucial element to the success of nascent eBook technology.
Simon Daniels at the Group's website keeps font fans and font developers up to date with most aspects of the digital typography scene, and communicates the technicalities of how fonts work in Windows.
Updating us about the current (October 2000) activity of the Group, Simon notes: 1999 saw several members of the group leave to join Microsoft's eBooks group. These included technical lead Greg Hitchcock, developers Beat Stamm and Paul Linerud as well as former Monotype hinters Michael Duggan and Geraldine Wade.
On August 12, 2002 Microsoft discontinued the free availability of the core fonts, noting that the downloads were being abused in terms of their end-user license agreements. Most commentators took this to mean the company objected to the fact that the fonts were being installed with Linux distributions.
View Microsoft's typefaces. [Google]
Microsoft core fonts
The Microsoft core fonts. See also the truetype.tar.gz file here, which has the whole collection. See also here or here or here or here. Or here. Or here. Or here. Or here. Or here. Or here. Or here. Or here. Or here. Or here. [Google]
[Pixel Sagas (was: Protoform Project, and Fontshack)]
Nick Curtis (b. Chicago, 1948) lived in Texas from 1952-1997, and lives since 1997 in Gaithersburg, MD and Alexandria, MD. From ca. 1990 onwards, he has been designing fonts, first for free, and then commercially. He had a great reputation as a "revivalist" type designer, with a particular interest in retro fonts and art deco types. In 2003, his site had become too popular and too expensive to maintain, and thus he went commercial as Nick's Fonts. Interview. Free downloads at TypOasis. Complete list of names and other info, maintained by Sander de Voogt. Interview in which we learn about his fondness for Corel Draw as a type design tool.
Near the end of 2012, he posted this comment on his web site: Fifteen years ago, I embarked on a wonderful voyage of discovery, when I created my very first font with Fontographer 3.15. My maiden voyages were, frankly, rather clunky and amateurish, but I have been told that they showed promise. Well, sure enough, thanks to the diligent (and patient) efforts of Ilene Strizver, I polished up my craft enough to sell my humble efforts---first as a sideline business and, since 2006, as my full-time job. In total, I have produced over eleven hundred fonts---almost five hundred of them freeware fonts, which I conservatively estimate have been downloaded and enjoyed by over three million people worldwide. Unfortunately, this past year has brought a series of unanticipated setbacks, culminating in the loss of my wife's beautiful mind and soul to the scourge of alcoholism. In an effort to generate extra income to cover the expenses for her long-term care, I have proposed a number of, I believe, innovative ways to revamp the online font business; unfortunately, those efforts have fallen flat, primarily due to the professional font community's abject fear of crossing the $165 million Elephant in the Room. I even offered a special discount rate of 75% off retail price for full-time students of Typohile Forum. To date, there have been zero takers. Hell: even the webfont kit of one of my own fonts which I purchased from myfonts.com turned out to be an empty folder. Talk about a run of bad luck. Which leaves my with you, dear readers. If you or someone you know has had fun or made a buck from my humble efforts throughout the years, please donate whatever you can---even a lousy dollar would help---to help me out. I would greatly appreciate it.
Home page. Dafont link. FontShop link. Klingspor link. Abstract Fonts link.
View the typefaces designed by Nick Curtis. [Google]
Argentinian designer (b. 1976) located in Rosario. In 2010, he embarked upon an open source font project about a connected retro / signage script Lobster, which features carefully crafted opentype ligatures. In 2011, he added the upright script family Lobster Two. Alexei Vanyashin and Gayaneh Bagdasaryan added support for Russian, Ukrainian, Belarusian, Macedonian, Moldovan, and Serbian languages. Blog. Home page.
At the end of 2010, together with Edgar Tolentino (Mexico), he started a commercial font project about Terminal Dosis Light, a monoline basic and simple sans, now available at Google Web Fonts. Cabin (2010) is a free humanistic sans face in the style of Gill. It was followed by Cabin Sketch (+Bold) in 2011.
Dancing Script (2011) is an informal script in the spirit of Murray Hill or Mistral.
Quattrocento (2011) is a classic roman titling face. Quattrocento Sans (2011) is a monoline sans.
Miltonian and Miltonian Tattoo (2011) are fun hand-printed faces.
Creations from 2012: Poetsen One (signage face), Domine (Google Web Fonts; he says that It's is friendly in appearance because it combines the classic elements of familiar typefaces that have been in use from more than 100 years like Clarendon, Century, Cheltenham and Clearface), New Rocker (Google Web Fonts: blackletter tattoo font), Monda (Google Web Fonts and GitHub, a free sans family), Milonga (Google Web Fonts: a Victorian font inspired by the art of the tangueros), Ranchers (retro poster typeface at Google Web Fonts), Petit Formal Script (Google Web Fonts), Cantora (Google Web Fonts: a friendly semi formal, semi condensed, semi sans serif), Kaushan Script (a readable brush script that is free at Google Web Fonts), Racing Sans (a techno face that conjures up speed; free at Google Web Fonts), Life Savers (Google Web Fonts).
Libre Baskerville (2012, Google Web Fonts and CTAN) was developed together with Rodrigo Fenzalida. It is based on 1941 ATF specimens, but it has a taller x height, wider counters and minor contrast that allow it to work on small sizes in any screen.
Impallari extended McInerney's Raleway. Download here.
Libre Caslon (2012) in four styles. See also the TeX support files for this free typeface.
Typefaces from 2013: Clement Numbers (a commercial didone set of numbers from a 1838 specimen book by Fonderie Clément).
Typefaces from 2014: The 45-font typeface family Encode Sans, its 5x9 matrix ranging from Compressed to Wide, and Thin to Black.
Dafont link. Fontspace link. Google font directory link. Klingspor link. Abstract Fonts link. Fontsquirrel link. Google Plus link. On Snot and Fonts link. Another Google Plus link. Creative Market link [Google]
Paul James Lloyd
About 100 free TrueType fonts by University of Western Australia lecturer Paul Lloyd (b. UK), many of them elaborate caps fonts: Larkin Capitals (2004), QuaNauticale Initials (2004, with Manfred Klein), Blavicke Capitals (2002), FoliarInitials (2002, Caps), Halftone (2003, blackletter), UltraBlack (2003, blackletter), Infula (2002, Caps), Strelsau (2002, Fraktur), Dampfplatz-DemiBold (2002, Fraktur), DampfplatzShadow-Black (2002, Fraktur), DampfplatzSolid-Black (2002, Fraktur), GenzschEtHeyse (2002, Fraktur), GenzschEtHeyseAlternate (2002, Fraktur), Moderna (2002, Fraktur), Lightfoot (2002), Nuffield Initials (2002), Cantebriggia (2002, Fraktur), Charterwell (2002, Fraktur), Portcullion (2002, blackletter), Portculliard Initials (2003, blackletter), Proclamate (2002, blackletter), Zenda (2002, blackletter), Teutonic (2002, blackletter), Medieval Victoriana (2002, caps), Portland Roman (2002), Wolnough (2002, caps), Landsdowne (2002, + Shadow: Victorian faces), Grimeswade (2002, caps), Orotund-Heavy, OrotundCapitals-Heavy (2002), Minster (2002, a 6-font Fraktur family), Killigrew (2002, Fraktur), Minim (2002, Fraktur), Coltaine (2002), Emporium Capitals (2002), Penshurst (2002), Cherubim Initials (2002), Pompadour Initials (2002), Casua (2002), Wadsworth's Industria (2002), Radaern Script (2002), Queen Empress (2002), Lisburne Initials (2002), Dundalk (2002), Claritty (2002, handprinting), Mysterious Voyage (2002), Arborial (2002), Deepwoods (2002), Florana (2002), Springtime (2002), Topiary (2002), Woodland (2002), Bertham, Camelot Initials, Chocolate Box (2002), Altea, Mosaic (2002, caps), Burgoyne (2002, caps), Hentzau Initials (2002), Engravier (2002, caps), Rustick Capitals (2002), Louvaine (2002), Chipperfield&Bailey (2002), Boister Black (2002, blackletter; the commercial Boister Black Pro was done in 2009 at CheapProFonts), Quill (2002), Erasmus (2002), Birmingham, Bolton, Brassett (2001), Chancera, Glastonbury, Grantham, E-Caps, CleaversJuvena, CoronationScot, Chronos, Brodgnorth, Draughtsman (2002), Duvall, Helena, Hominis (1997), Imperator, Lewisham, Newstyle, Noir-et-Blanc, Peake, Priory, Ruritania, Shrewsbury, Simplicity, Sylph, Ubiqita_Europa, Woodcut Capitals, Watson, Wrenn, Imperator, Trefoil Capitals (2002), TinplateTitling, Freame, Graphis, Dutch I, Festival, Festival Flourish, d'Spenser, Sylvan-Capitals, Helena, Bridgnorth and Paladin Caps. In his Black Jewels series (as in "blackletter"), he published Black (2002), Germanica (2002), and is working on Minim and Killigrew. Most faces come in many weights, and are carefully manicured products. Other Lloyd creations may be found here, here, here, here, or here in Russia. In 2008, he started a commercial foundry, Greater Albion Typefounders. Font Squirrel link. Behance link. [Google]
PCCrafter.com (was: Provo Craft)
Shareware fonts: pcbang, pccrazed, pcdoubletick, pceasteregg, pcgarden, pcgroovy, pchardball, pckoolskool, pclights, pcshamrock, pcsketched, pcspeckle, pcspooky, pcsquiggle, pcsquirrelly, pcswiss, pcteetime, pcweb, pcwedgie. Free fonts: PC Goo, PC Needles. List of names, including the commercial fonts as well: PC Alphabet Soup, PC Americana, PC Anderson, PC Antique, PC Baby, PC Balloon, PC Balloons, PC Bandages, PC Bang, PC Barney, PC Beach Front, PC Beached, PC Becca Brush, PC Bedrock, PC Big Stick, PC Black, PC Blanket Stitch, PC Block Italic, PC Borders, PC Bubble, PC Buzzy Bee, PC Calico, PC Callihan, PC Campus, PC Candlewick, PC Candy Cane, PC Casual, PC Cereal, PC Childish, PC Chopsticks, PC Chunky Dash, PC Chunky Jumbled, PC Chunky, PC Chuva, PC Classic English, PC Clubhouse, PC Comic Strip Black, PC Comic Strip, PC Cookie Crumbs, PC Cookie Dough, PC Crazed, PC Crazy Serif, PC Cream, PC Cross Stitch, PC Curl, PC Curls, PC Curly Que, PC Cursive, PC Curved, PC Dangle Star, PC Dashes, PC Dazzle Outline, PC Dazzle Tremor, PC Dazzle, PC Dot, PC Double Line, PC Double Tick, PC Drop, PC Easter Egg, PC Eire Medium, PC Fancy, PC Fiesta, PC Flower Garden, PC Flower, PC Folk, PC Foundation Hand, PC Friends, PC Funky Black, PC Funky, PC Garden 1, PC Garden 2, PC Garden Packet, PC Garden, PC Geo Angles, PC German Text, PC Goo, PC Goofy, PC Grandma's Garden, PC Groovy, PC Halloween, PC Hardball, PC Harvest, PC Hawaiian Hut, PC Heart Strings, PC HeartBeat, PC Hook&Line, PC Hotdog, PC In a Heart Beat, PC In the Pines, PC InformalFormal, PC Italic, PC Jenn Pen, PC Jump Rope, PC Just Rosie, PC Kennedy, PC Keyhole, PC Kick Plate, PC Kid, PC Knobbish, PC Kool Skool, PC Lady Bug, PC Laundry, PC Leere`, PC Licorice, PC Lights, PC Line, PC Lines and Loops, PC Little Bear, PC Little Grace, PC Little Squiggles, PC Log, PC Lombardic Limbo, PC Loring, PC Lorisans, PC Marshmallow, PC Mira Medium, PC Miss Thom, PC Monster, PC Mouse, PC Munchkin, PC Nature, PC Needles, PC Old English, PC Outline, PC Over the Moon, PC Overalls, PC Paintbrush, PC Paper Clip, PC Paper Clips, PC Party, PC Patch Scraps, PC Paw Print, PC Pencil, PC Petite Dot, PC Picket Fence, PC Pig Pen, PC Pilgrims, PC Pizazz Outline, PC Pizazz, PC Plain Jane, PC Point, PC Popstick, PC Posie, PC Pretty, PC Puffy, PC QTip, PC Quilt Blocks, PC Ragtime, PC Randsom Note, PC Ratatat, PC Rebecca Uncial, PC Rebecca, PC Rebs Writ, PC Regular, PC Rock Block, PC Rod Iron, PC Rope, PC Round About, PC Ruler, PC Saucy, PC School Days, PC Scrap Wood, PC Scratch Pad, PC Script, PC Sellers Swirls, PC Senior Regular, PC Sewing Scraps, PC Shadow Hut, PC Shamrock Dark, PC Shamrock Light, PC Shamrock, PC Sketchbook, PC Sketched, PC Snapdragon, PC Snow Caps, PC Snowballs, PC Snowflake, PC Snowmen, PC Sommerset, PC Spaghetti, PC Speckle, PC Splinters, PC Spook It!, PC Spooky, PC Sports, PC Squiggle, PC Squirrelly, PC Stars and Stripes, PC Stars, PC Stitch, PC Stone Script, PC Straight, PC Stringy, PC Swiss Cheese, PC Tee Time, PC Thick and Thin, PC Thick Dots, PC Thick Swirls, PC Thick, PC Thicky, PC Thumbtack, PC Twiggi, PC Twisted Ribbon, PC Type, PC Typewriter, PC Uneven Crazy, PC Uneven, PC Vine, PC Wacky, PC Watermelon, PC Wave, PC Web, PC Wedgie, PC Wet Noodle, PC Whimsey Holly, PC Whimsey, PC Willa, PC Willabella, PC Wired, PC Witches Toe, PC Witches, PC Wooden Letters, PC Wooden, PC Yellow Sands, PC Youngstuff, PC Zesty, PC Zig Zag, PC Ziggy Zag. [Google]
Pixel Sagas (was: Protoform Project, and Fontshack)
Free original designs, often with a science fiction feel, by Neale Davidson (b. 1971). Does some custom font work. Adventure.
Neale Davidson's typefaces:
- 4E Dings (based on those used in WotC's 4E Dungeons and Dragons game).
- AdventureNormal (1998), AdventureSubtitlesNormal, Alpha Mutation (2012, based on the title logo to the 2011 version of "Gammaworld"), Algol (2013, based on the logo for R Talsorian's "Mekton Zero" role-playing game), Alternity, Amuro (2013, +Condensed: an ocragonal typeface), Anayanka (2013, Cyrillic simulation font), Ancient Thorass (2013), Angel Arms (2012, a shothole font), Anglorunic (2011), Angolmois (2013, based on the Hasbro 'Dark Energon' exclusive toy line), Armorhide (2013, sci-fi face), Arneson (2013), Artifact (2011; became Ravenwood), Aurebesh (2013, based on the WEG version of Star Wars Imperial Writing).
- Bantorain (2013, spurred), BattleBeasts (2000), Bayformance (2014), Beastformer (2011, based on the long-ago logo of Hasbro's "Battle Beasts"), Bayformance (2014), Beast Wars (2011, based on the logo of the show of the same name), Betazed (2013, for Star Trek betazoids), Bidan (2013, constructivist), Bienvenu (2011, pixel face), Blitzwing (2013, octagonal family), Blofeld (2013, a distressed font based on the title logo of Exile's cult-classic "Evil Genius"), Bloomingworth (2013), Braddington (2013, art deco), Broadmoor (2012, art deco).
- Callie Mae (2013: a rounded organic sans), Cardosan (2013, runic script), Carlton (2012), Celestial, Chapleau (2012, art deco), Chinyen (2005, oriental simulation), Clark (2013), Classic Robot (2011), Coburn (2013: miltary stencil), Colony Wars (replaced by Gallonigher), Comic Book, Constitution Class Hull, Convoy (2011, based on the logo for "Armada" and "Robots in Disguise"), Counterfire (2014, stencil), Crichton (2013, an avant-garde font based on the title logo from the "Farscape" television series), 2015 Cruiser (2013, based on the police-car lettering used in the move "Back to the Future II"), Crystal Deco (2008, based on the logo for much of the merchandising for "Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull"), CuniformEnglishNormal, Cyberfall (2013, octagonal / mechanical face based on the logo of the console game "Fall of Cybertron"), Cybertron Generations (dingbats, now replaced by Transdings), Cybertron Metals, Cybertron OpCode (2014), Cyberverse (2011, futuristic).
- Daedra (2012: based on the Elder Scrolls series of games), Dai Atlas (2013, based on the original Transformers logo from Hasbro), DalelandsNormal (a Celtic face based on the lettering used in early TSR Dungeons and Dragons products), Datacron (2013: based on the Fall of Cybertron toyline), Decahedron (2012), Destronic Graffiti (2013), Dethek Stone (2011, runes), DiamondFantasyNormal, Dinobots (based on the Dinobots logo from Hasbro's Beast Machines line), Dodecahedron (2012), Downlink (2013, techno), Dragonmaster, Dunkin and Dunkin Sans (2012, based on the rounded fat letters of the Dunkin Donuts logo), Dovahkiin (2013), dPoly (2013, polyhedra and game dingbats), Duodecahedron (2012), Dwemer (2013), Dynotherm (2013, a heavy octagonal face).
- Eladrin (2011, based on the third edition version of the Elven font used in Dungeons and Dragons), Electrorocket (2012, art deco), Elminster, Emotion Engine (2012, based on the Playstation 2 logo from Sony), Empanada (2013), Emulator (based on the old Nintendo game font), Energon (2011), Equestria (2012: based on the My Little Pony Line), Erte (2013), Espruar (2011, based on the Elvish script found within TSR's "2nd Edition: Dungeons and Dragons" Forgotten Realms Elvish script), Eurocorp (2012, based on the logo and menus within the classic "Syndicate Wars" game from Bullfrog Entertainment), Exodite Distressed (2013, a custom design for LPJ's "Neo-Exodus" Pathfinder campaign world).
- Falmer (2013), Flipbash (2012, an octagonal typeface that is based on the logo of Hasbro's Bot Shots), Flynn (2011, futuristic stencil face), Fontana (2011, techno-futuristic), Fractyl (2013, used for the Predacons' speaking bubbles in the BotCon "Ground Zero" comic in 1997), Furmanite (2011).
- Gaiking (2012: Based on the logo of Mattel's Giant Robot toyline, Shogun Warriors), Galaxy Force (2011, based on Hasbro's Transformers: Cybertron logo), Gallonigher (was Colony Wars), Gamedings, Gargish (2013), Gargoyles, Garriott (2013, runic), Geddes (2011, art deco sans related to Futura), Gemcut (2013), Generation Two, Gin Rai (2011, based on the logo of Hasbro's latter-era "Generation One" Transformers series), Gold Box (2012, a pixel face based on the in-game lettering from the classic SSI "Gold Box" game collection, featuring Dungeons and Dragons: Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, and so on), Gosub (2011, a pixel face similar to the on-screen lettering of the Timex Sinclair), Gotham Nights (2011, based on the lettering used in "Batman: The Animated Series"), Green Martian (2013), Gutcruncher (2011, based on the logo from the famous Blood Bowl game), Graalen (2013: an alien-glyph typeface based on the Andorian writing found in Last Unicorn Games' Among the Clans supplement for their Star Trek: Roleplaying Game).
- Harker (2013), Harpers (runes), Hauser (octagonal, futuristic; Former "Action Force", based on the logo of GI Joe), Hellpoint (2013, based on some of the plate markings founds in IDW's "Transformers" comic series), Hetfield (2013: a spurred typeface), Hexahedron (2012: dice), Hexahedron Rounded (2013), Hyperspace (2012, thin monoline octagonal, based on the original Atari vector font from Battlezone, and on Asteroids).
- Imaki (2011, futuristic; was Cybertron Metals; based on the logo of the Japanese Beast Wars Metals series), Indiana (2012, from the titling for the Indiana Jones movies and comics), Instruction (2012, monospaced and monoline caps face for engineering applications), Invaders (2012, based on posters for the 1960s movie), Iori (2013, octagonal stencil family).
- Jedi (2012: Star Wars logo font), JediHollowNormal, JediSolidNormal, Jefferies (former Constitution Class Hull, based on the original Star Trek Enterprise lettering), Jhiaxus (2011, based on the logo of "Transformers: Generation Two"), Joystick (2011, based on the lettering used from Sears' Tele-Games cartridges), Jumpman (2012, based on the logo of the original Donkey Kong game from Nintendo).
- Kanno (a geometric sans formerly called Sharon Apple), Kentaurus (2013, Greek simulation typeface; he writes: This 'microgramma-like' font is based on the "Kentaurus" writing found within Franz Joseph's "Star Trek: Technical Manual"), Ketchum (2011, a comic book face based on the logo of the popular Pokemon franchise), Kreon (2011, a round techno face based on the logo of Hasbro's Kre-O line).
- LaBoeuf (2011, techno: based on Indiana Jones subtitles), Laser Rod (2011, based on the Transformers line), Lassiter (2012, a spurred Western typeface), Lorre (art deco).
- Mage Script (2013), Majel (2013, an avant-garde typeface), Majoram (2012, a hairline avant garde typeface), Majoram Serif (2012), Manga (2011, oriental simulation), Mara's Eye (2013, based on the lettering used on Disneyland's Indiana Jones "Forbidden Eye" ride), Marston (2013, on the title logos of numerous Spaghetti westerns), Masterforce, MasterforceHollow, MasterforceSolid, MaximalBeasts, Maximus, Mechalock (2013, based on the "Combiners" subline logo from Hasbro's "Robots in Disguise" Transformers series), Mech Tech (2013, based on Hasbro's "Transformers: Dark of the Moon's" toys' "Mech Tech" logo), Medabots (based on the Hasbro toy line), Megatron (2011, based on the logo of the live-action Transformers movies), Microgramma Extended (later replaced by Probert), Minerva (2012: based on the logos used for Shout's releases of Transformers: Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory), Mission GT-R (2013, based on Takara's "Transformers: GT-R"), Mode X (2012, based on lettering from classic "Mode X" games of the early 1990s), Modern Cybertronic (2013: an alien-dings font based on Jim Sorenson's "Ancient Autobot" script), Modern Destronic (2013: based on Jim Sorensen's "Ancient Decepticon" script), Modern Iaconic (2014: based on the 'runic' letting found in Transformers: Legacy), Montalban (2011, based on the title credits of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan), Moria (runes), Morse Tech, MysticEtchingsNormal.
- Nakadai (2011, a unicase techno font based on Hasbro's Transformers: Prime figures), Neo Gen (2011, based on the logo for the SD Gundam series of games), Neostar (2012, sci-fi), Neverwinter (2011, based on the logo of the popular "Neverwinter Nights" computer game from Bioware) (see also here), Night Warrior, Nippon Tech (faux oriental), Nite Club (2011, dot matrix).
- Octohedron (2012), Okuda (formerly Okudagrams; based on the LCARS characters from Star Trek: The Next Generation), Omnicron, Ophidian, Optic (2011), Optimus (2011, based on the original Transformers logo from Hasbro), Orion (2012, a techno-style font based on the "Robots in Disguise" logo from Hasbro's 2012 Transformers toyline), Overseer (2011).
- Pacmania (2013), Palisoc (2013), Phoenixians (2012: based on the logo of Centuri's Phoenix arcade game), Pixel Musketeer (2013, based on Sony's Wild Arms and Wild Arms 2 games for the Playstation), Pixel NES (2013: based on screen fonts of Colecovision, Timex Sinclar, Nintendo, SimTech's ModeX VGA, Tandy Color), Planewalker (formerly called Magic Cards. Based on the text used in older Magic: The Gathering cards), Plavsky (2013), Pokemon, Powerpuff (based on the logo of "The Powerpuff Girls" from Cartoon Network), PredaconBeasts, Probert (replaces Microgramma Extended), Protoculture (2012, based on the franchise logo of Robotech).
- Qijomi (2013), Quintanar (2011), Quantum (2013: based on the title credits of the James Bond movie "Quantum of Solace").
- Rapier Zero (2013), Ravenwood (2011), Razorclaw (2013: based on the logo of the Beast Hunters Transformers line), Reconstruct (2013), Regen (2012: a science-fiction font based on the logo used on the cover of the Transformers: Regeneration One comics), Renegade (2013, techno stencil, based on FASA's "Renegade Legions" gaming line), Resavy (2012, a Broadway style art deco beauty), Rio Oro (2012, a Far West Tuscan marquee font), Robot Masters (now called Takara), Roddenberry (2011, based on the StarTrek logo), Roughknight (formerly Materia Arms. Based on the Wild Arms 5 video game logo---it simulates wood type and is Western in concept), RubCaps (2013), RunicEnglishNormal.
- SandsofFireNormal, Schnaubelt (2011, rounded technical caps face), Sierra Madre (2012: an avant-garde face based on the Sierra Madre casino's logo from Fallout: New Vegas: Dead Money), Silverball Oblique (2012, LED font), Simple Runes, Sinescript (2013), SkeksisNormal, Skir, Sorenson (2013, a stencil typeface), StarcraftNormal, Starfleet (2004), Stark (2012: based on the title logo of the Iron Man and Iron Man 2 movies), Steamcog Caps (2013), Steampuff (2012), Steamwreck (2012), Sternbach (2011), Straczynski (2011, based on the opening credits for the classic television series "Babylon 5"), Suchet (2013: a nice art deco typeface inspired by the material of BBC Production's legendary "Poirot" series starring David Suchet), Symtext (2012, a faux 5x5 bitmap font based on the lettering used in early VGA games, such as Syndicate).
- Taibaijan (faux Arabic), Takara (former Robot Masters; based on the "Robot Masters" logo from Takara's Transformers), Tandysoft (2011, based on the old typeface of the MC-10 computer), Tellarite (2013: based on the canonical glyphs of the "Tellarite" language from Paramount's Star Trek franchise), Tetrahedron (2012), Thorass (runes), Thundara (the old name was Thundercats), Tirolese (2013, an alien glyph font), Tonopah (2012, western font), Toril (2011), Transdings (replaces Cybertron Generations: based on Transformers logos from Hasbro), Transformers, TransformersHollowNormal, TransformersSolidNormal, Transmaidens, Transmetals (based on Hasbro Inc's, "Beast Wars: Transmetals" logo), Trek Arrowheads (2013), Trek Arrowcaps (2013), Tsa Script (2011, based on logos used within TSR's classic "Dragon Magazine"), Turok (2011, based on the logo of the "Turok" video game), Turtles (2011, based on the popular classic "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" logo), Twobit (2013, LCD font)
- Vector Sigma (2011, based on the secondary "Beast Machines" logo), Videopac (2013, a stencil face based on a Philips gamme from the 1970s), Visionaries, Visitor Script (2013), Volkoff (2013, a Russian style tencil face).
- Warlords (2011, based on the logo of the game series), Whittle (2013, octagonal), Winslett (2012, Far West face), Wreckers (2013, octagonal).
- XBall (2013, loosely based on several title logos from Electronic Arts's (EA's) sports gaming titles).
- YsgarthEnglishNormal (2011, almost blackletter).
- Zarathos (2012, based on the titles for the Ghost Rider movie series), Zebulon (2013, sci-fi face based on the title logo of TSR's classic "Star Frontiers" game series), Zentran (2013, based on the Zentraedi glyphs found in Harmony Gold's "Robotech" franchise).
Dafont link. See also here and here, here, and here. Klingspor link. Abstract Fonts link. Devian Tart link. Fontspace link. [Google]
Over 5000 free commercial logos. [Google]
Scriptorium (Ragnarok Press, Fontcraft)
[David Fleming Nalle]
Dave Nalle was born in Beirut in 1959, but lives and works in Texas. He is currently in Manor, TX. From his wiki page: Dave Nalle is a political writer, game author and font designer who was active in the early history of the development of the internet. He is Chairman of the Republican Liberty Caucus, a group that promotes libertarianism within the Republican Party and is Senior Politics Editor at Blogcritics online magazine and is the CEO of Scriptorium Fonts. A creative and prolific designer, he has made hundreds of beautiful (often historic) fonts. His outfit, Scriptorium (based near Austin, TX, est. 1989), also does custom font and logo design. At some points, Scriptorium was also known as Ragnarok Press and Fontcraft. It specializes in artsy and ancient faces. Some subset of the fonts is made by Michael Scarpitti. Free font demos.
Images of his best selling fonts. Special subpages:
Some selected fonts: Finchley (psychedelic), Captain Kidd (2012, an original font design based on the title lettering from the classic pirate movie starring Charles Laughton), Aerobrush (2011), Fondry Ornament (2009), Atkinson Egyptian (2008, after the lettering of Frank Atkinson), Verne (2008), Goldwork (almost blackletter), BigBlok (2010), LetterpressGothic (2010), Plymouth (2010, in the style of Cooper Bold), Broadley (2008, an architecturally inspired script based on lettering by British architect and designer C.F.A. Voysey), Locksley (2004, medieval lettering), Tuscarora (curly lettering), Fiorenza (Renaissance calligraphy), Hesperides (old colonial calligraphic script), Angelus (beautifully printed monospaced script), Esperanza (1996, connected medieval handwriting), Ithuriel (2002), Alleghieri (2002), Hamilton (2002), Spiral Initials, Zothique (great font, based on hand lettering from a map of Clark Ashton Smith's fantasy world of Zothique), Reynard (semi-Celtic), Daresiel (elegant script), Caliph (1992, Arabic simulation), Bassackwards, Rosalinde (1999, handwriting), Arakne (2000, connected handwriting), Falconis (by Michael Scarpitti), Asrafel (semi-Celtic), Swithin (2004), Tyrfing (Art Nouveau/Fraktur, 1999), Waldeck (2008, blackletter), Woburn Initials, Stampwork, Draughtwork, Roughwork (all rubber stamp fonts), Melusine (gothic calligraphy), Corbei (uncial), Niederwald (hand lettering), Gjallarhorn (great uncial), Gaiseric (early medieval uncial), Taranis (1987, an uncial first drawn as a font for the cover of the old Ysgarth roleplaying system), De Bellis (roman era, by Michael Scarpitti), Engravers Gothic, Monimental Initials, Sanhedrin (Enemy of the State font), Vespasiano (roman capitals, by Michael Scarpitti), Bilitis, Hendrix (2002), Collins OE (old English), Samedi, Praitor, Evadare (1993, based on a character set which was hand calligraphed by Rudolf Koch), Koch Fantasie (1993), Black Cow (1998). Zothique, Ruritania, Mariner (2004, based on hand lettering originally done by Willy Pogany), Trinculo (a swinging cursive font), Texas Star (2002), Octavian (antique demi-serif font), Ruffian (antique type font), Ascelon (thin sans serif font), Munich (title lettering from Munchner Jugend magazine), Necromantic (bizarre bold titling font), Titania (romantic decorative lettering font), Oberon (bold romantic font), Knotwork, Guede (1993), Pullman, Purcell (Victorian circus poster style font), Allegheny, Carmilla, Malagua (1999-2013), Ardenwood, Platthand, Buccaneer, Cochin Archaic (2010), Boswell (1994), Guilford (based on lettering by artist and calligrapher Eric Sloane), Death Ray (2012, constructivist), Alecto (futuristic), Candlemas (2003), Bridgeport (2003, based on lettering by artist and calligrapher Eric Sloane), Medieval Tiles (2003), Linthicum (2003), Draughtwork (2003), Yngling (Fraktur, 2003), Rheingold (elaborate Fraktur: Music Hall Text elsewhere; see also Teuton Text, Cincinnati Type Foundry, 1877), Kidd (2003), Belgravia (2004), Peck Shields (2004), Albrecht Durer Gothic (2004), Orpheus (2004), InduXtrial (2004, a grunge face), Yoshitoshi (2003), Veronique (2004), Veneto (2006), Vidilex (1993, monospaced), Abelarde (2006), John Speed (1993), Furbelow (2006), Estoril (2006), Tangle, Aventine (sans), Texas Star (2002), Groningen (Bauhaus design), Nevins Hand, Scrapple (2011, Victorian, ornamental), Leodegar (2011, based on samples of 7th century Frankish hand lettering), Candlemass (2012).
- Three free fonts: Onuava (a mini-serifed hybrid fixed-width font), Divona (sans), Sirona (based on Lombardic calligraphy).
- Lombardic: Aneirin, Benevento (8th century Lombardic), Cymbeline, Fabliaux, Formidable, Locksley.
- Decorative initials such as the 20th century sign lettering initials set Pencraft Initials (2009), Holly Initials (2010, based on Real PenWork (1880s, Knowles and Maxim), Vyones (2010), Vergennes (2001), Cascade (2009), Bergling (2010; based on initials by John M. Bergling).
- Wild West fonts: Academy, Alcalde, Atkinson Boomtown (2009, after the lettering of Frank Atkinson), Atkinson Eccentric (2009), BigIron, Cibola, Del Norte, Lachesis, Perdido, Plowright, Primer, Riudoso, Niederwald, San Lorenzo (2011, with a Mexican and Tuscan look), Stonehouse, Manquo, Rochambeau, Purcell, Vaquero.
- Arabic simulation fonts: Samaritan is based on the poster lettering of Alphons Mucha from his poster for the play La Samaritan. Serendib and Waziri are based on the hand lettering of René Bull from his edition of the Arabian Nights. Caliph (1993) is derived from Ernst Schneidler's classic Legende font, with variant characters based on his original lettering. Also: Samarkand, Satampra, Jerash, Samarkand, Isfahan.
- Celtic fonts: the fonts include Constance, Durrow (1993, traditional rendering of Insular Minuscule calligraphy), Malvern, Glendower (based on the most common lettering in the Book of Kells), Knotwork (caps based on Celtic knots), Alba Text (modernized text font based on Celtic uncial lettering), Lindisfarne (based on a square uncial style), Stonecross (1997, derived from Celtic cross and gravestone inscriptions), Celtic Spirals (dingbats), Celtic Borders font (lets you combine key strokes to form decorative borders; many frames and borders are original Celtic designs by Arts&Crafts period artists like Evelyn Paul and Louis Rhead), Spiral Initials, Brigida (based on Rudolph Koch's interpretation of a squared uncial), Macteris Uncial, Coverack (heavy non-traditional uncial), Dahaut (modernized uncial), Dunsany, Glendower, Morgow (1999, spiral uncial), Teyrnon (elaborate spurred uncial), Padstow (heavy uncial), Vafthrudnir (2011, uncial), Sualtim and Columba (decorative initials based on characters found in the Book of Kells), Albemarle (2001).
- Oriental simulation fonts: Yoshitoshi (2003, based on the 1900-style writing by Yoshi Toshi.
- Gothic fonts, including Alt Gothic, Koch Gothic, Barnabas (2011), Montgisard (2010, roman capitals with blackletter lower case), Montressor (2010, ornamental blackletter capitals), T4C Beaulieux (1998, a free copy here), Bastarda (2011), Burgundian, Cadeaulx, Collins Old English, Courtrai, Descant, Ereshkigal, Faustus, Franconian (1993, a Schwabacher), Froissart (2000), Ghost Gothic, Katisha, Koch Gothic, Ligeia, Magdeburg, Magdelena, Melusine, Monressor (2010, blackletter caps), Pyle Gothic, Rheingold, Sanctum, Stuttgart Gothic (2010), Textura, Theodoric, Yngling (2002).
- German expressionist: Dromon.
- Renaissance fonts: Monumental Gothic, Caswallon (a Caslon family), humanistic cursive (Palmieri, Castiglione and Hanes Italic), quirky Italian cursives (Fiorenza and Alleghieri), a Roman style hand-lettered font (Rudolfo and Rudolfo Swash), a Trajan-style Roman lettering (Hadrianus), a classic flourished cursive (Trinculo) and a set of floral intials from the Quattrocento (Fraticelli).
- Modern poster fonts: Ascelon, Bilitis, Cosmic Dude, Dromon, Ducatus Rough, Eglantine, Ekberg, Fortinbras, Hamilton, Jambon, Oblivion, Posada (2008, based on the poster lettering of Mexican artist José Guadalupe Posada), Squiffy, Suspicion, Magnin (2003).
- Mapmaker fonts: building elements are available in Basilica; Ortelius is a map dingbat font; Queensland (based on lettering by artist and calligrapher Eric Sloane), is bold, hand-drawn and reminiscent of medieval writing on maps. There are also Brandywine, Daresiel, Hesperides, Longhorne, Windlass (1996), and Cityscape. Orford (2008) is based on samples of hand lettering from a 1693 manuscript collected by Lewis Day in his classic book on historical paleography, Alphabets Old and New.
- Calligraphic fonts: Albemarle (2001), Azariel, Moncrief (2011, based on the calligraphy of J.M. Bergling), Pavane, Rasael (2009), Abdiel (2005), Roncesvalles, Gazardiel (2003, connected script), Spoonbill (2003, arts and crafts), Macteris (Roman uncial font), Antioch Uncial (Roman uncial font), Burgundian (Classic black letter font), Franconian (993, a classic black letter font), Castiglione (Attractive Renaissance lettering), Cicero (Roman Rustica font), Formidable (1993, very bold late medieval / Lombardic style), Collins Old English (Classic Old English style gothic), Corbei Uncial (Roman uncial font), Cymbeline (late medieval lettering), Durrow (Standard insular minuscule uncial font), Theodoric (Classic black letter font), Gazardiel, Ghost Gothic (Unusual gothic font), Glendower (Uncial font based on Book of Kells), Gloriana (Interesting hand lettering style), Folkard (from the hand-lettering of Charles Folkard), Offenbach Chancery, Ranegund Merovingian Courthand, Benevento (8th century Lombardic), Hesperides.
- Art deco faces: Borealis (2009), Criterion (2011), Illuminata, Madding (2009, a bold poster font that grew out of Aventine), Alexandrine (2009), art Deco Stencil (2009, based on samples of Art Deco stencil lettering by Pedro Lemos), Falmouth.
- Art nouveau faces: Acadian, Agravain (2009), Amphitryon (2009), Ariosto, Asphodel, Averoigne, Beaumains (2011, based on J.M. Bergling's lettering), Beauvoir, Belgravia (based on J.M. Bergling), Bernhardt (based upon the lettering of the Czech art-nouveau artist Alphonse Mucha), Bentham, Berenicia, Boetia (2003, based on J.M. Bergling's lettering), Bruges, Bucephalus (1993), Burd Ellen (2009), Butterfield, Curetana, Damariscotta, Elsene (2011, based on lettering by early 20th century illustrator Clara Elsene Peck), Elysian, Exotique, Flaubert, Gaheris, Ganelon, Gehenna, Goodfellow, Harbinger, Jugendstil Kunsthand (2003), Lysander, Maginot, Munich (after the Munchner Jugend magazine), Norumbega, Odeon, Ormandine (2010), Pantagruel, Phaeton, Reggio, Rochmbeau, Rockne (2009), Rudolfo, Setebos, Sprite, Summerisle, Sylphide (2005), Undine, Valentin (2008), Vambrace (2010), Walhal.
- Modern poster fonts: Field Day (2003), Ascelon, Bilitis, Cosmic Dude, Dromon, Ducatus Rough, Eglantine, Ekberg, Fortinbras, Hamilton, Jambon, Oblivion, Squiffy.
- Constructivist fonts: Krasny Mir (2009), Vrubel, Structura (1997).
- Futuristic fonts: Alecto, Angelus, Circuit, Culdrose, Gearhead, Ironclaw, Parika, Sanhedrin, Semiramis (1997), Slither, Structuro, Yazata, Adastra (dings).
- Borders and ornaments. These include New Arets and Crafts Borders (20912, based on The Calendar of Golden Thoughts (Barse and Hopkins Publ, 1911).
- Boneyard fonts: Antrobus (2010), Sepultura (2002), Halloweenies, Dementia, Boneyard, Skull and Bones, Malagua (1999-2013), Paleos (2002, from titling of B movies in the cave girl genre), Carmilla, Abaddon, Black Cow (1998), Valdemar, Cuede, Ligeia, Mayhem, Mephisto, Golgotha, Sanguinary, Ironworks, Moravia, Gehenna, Nosegrind (2005, graffiti), Corpus, Ghostly.
- School fonts: Schoolhand (2010).
- Arts and Crafts movement (late Victorian period, 19th century), based on work and lettering by Walter Crane, William Morris, Charles Rennie Mackintosh and Elbert Hubbard. The Arts&Crafts movement was enormously influential on the works of designers, artists and architects of the 20th century, and inspired the Art Nouveau and Art Deco movements. Fonts include William Morris' Kelmscott (based on Morris' Troy type), and True Golden, fonts from the Glasgow branch of the movement like Chelsea Studio (1997), which is based on Charles Rennie Mackintosh's lettering, fonts from the Roycrofters of New York like Semiramis and Ganelon, fonts based on Walter Crane's work such as Crane Gothic, Pencraft Initials (2009) and Walter Crane, and even fonts from the California Arts&Crafts period of the early 1900s like Coloma. Other typefaces: Jesse M. King, Aylward, Palmyra (based on work by the Roycrofters, a design community founded by Elbert Hubbard), Aylward (2010, Victorian), Hyacinth Initials, Spoonbill, Adresack (1996), Brandywine, Changeling (2009, based on lettering by fairy artist Fanny Railton), Goddard, and Advertising Gothic (2003), Valentin, Gaheris, Agravain (2009). Delaguerra (2001-2009) is based on a lettering style originating in the California Arts&Crafts period commonly associated with Mission Style. It is still in common usage in signage at historical sites in California.
- Victorian: Beaumarchais, Berenicia, Bilibin, Brandywine, Brigidis, Curetana, Durendal, Elphinstone, Flaubert, Folkard, Gjallarhorn, Gloriana, Hermia, Ironclaw, Magnus.
- Typewriter: Fontcraft Courier.
- Anthroposophic: Ekberg (2002, based on a sample of poster lettering by Samuel Welo).
- Medieval fonts of Scriptorium, critiqued by Marc Smith, page 65: Batwynge is based on lettre gffe by Geofroy Tory (1529), and not on an illuminated manuscript of the tenth century as claimed by Scriptorium.
Fonts from 2013: Doge (a Venetian font based on a J.M. Bergling revival), Original Django (after the titling font in Quentin Tarantino's movie Django Unchained).
Fots from 2014: Edifice (based on lettering by J.M. Bergling).
Klingspor link. Abstract Fonts link. Dafont link.
View David Nalle's typefaces. [Google]
SIL International (or: Summer Institute of Linguistics)
Located in Dallas, TX, est. 1934. Founded over 70 years ago, SIL International is a faith-based organization that studies, documents, and assists in developing the world's lesser-known languages. SIL's staff shares a Christian commitment to service, academic excellence, and professional engagement through literacy, linguistics, translation, and other academic disciplines. SIL makes its services available to all without regard to religious belief, political ideology, gender, race, or ethnic background. Fonts in Cyberspace is an archive of many multilingual fonts. SIL Fonts, free to all, and professionally put together include the following:
- Charis SIL Font: A serif, proportionally-spaced font optimized for readability in long printed documents
- Doulos SIL Font: A Unicode font with a comprehensive set of characters needed for almost any Roman- or Cyrillic-based writing system (including IPA), whether for phonetic or orthographic needs.
- Gentium: Supports a wide range of Latin-based alphabets and includes glyphs that correspond to all the Latin ranges of Unicode.
- Lateef: An extended Arabic script font for OpenType and AAT systems. See also here.
- Nastaliq Navees: Font package for Nastaliq style of calligraphy
- Scheherazade: An extended Arabic script font for OpenType and AAT systems. Contributors include Jonathan Kew and Bob Hallissy.
- SIL Apparatus Fonts: Symbols used for Biblical text apparatus
- SIL Dai Banna Fonts: Xishuangbanna Dai (New Tai Lue) fonts for Windows and Macintosh
- SIL Encore Fonts: Library of phonetic characters and linguistic symbols. This package includes SIL Doulos (similar to Times), SIL Sophia (similar to Univers), SIL Manuscript (monospace, like Prestige), and SIL Charis (enlarged x-height). Included is Sophia Nubian (2008), which is based on an old Nubian text.
- SIL Encore IPA Fonts: Phonetic fonts
- SIL Font Cache Extender: This Macintosh extension increases the MacOS font cache size. It is useful when working with large fonts, such as SIL Greek, SIL Hebrew, or any GX font.
- SIL Greek Font System (Galatia): Greek font package for Windows and Macintosh. See also here.
- SIL Greek Unicode Font (Galatia SIL): Greek Unicode OpenType fonts
- SIL Hebrew Font System (Ezra): Hebrew font package for Windows and Macintosh
- SIL Hebrew Unicode Font (Ezra SIL): Hebrew Unicode OpenType fonts for Windows
- SIL Tai Dam Fonts: Tai Dam fonts for Windows and Macintosh
- Tai Heritage Pro (2009), designed to reflect the traditional hand-written style of the Tai Viet script.
- SIL Unicode IPA Font beta: Released as Doulos SIL with a more extensive character inventory.
- SIL Vai Fonts: The SIL Vai Fonts are regular and bold versions of the African Vai script used in Liberia. In 2009, Benjamin Yang (SIL) published the free Vai Slant Unicode.
- SIL Xishuang Banna Fonts: Xishuangbanna Dai (New Tai Lue) fonts for Windows and Macintosh
- SIL Yi Font: Unicode-based Yi font for Windows
- Unicode BMP Fallback SIL font (2008). Intended for debugging, this font contains a glyph for every character in the Basic Multilingual plane (including Private Use Area) of Unicode 5.1, each glyph consisting of a box enclosing the four hex digits identifying the Unicode scalar value.
Fontspace link. Dafont link. [Google]
True Type Fonts
[Kaiser Zhar Khan]
Font archive run by Kaiser Zhar Khan (b. 1980) out of Chile. Aka Zanatilja. Kaiser also made a free African look face, downloadable from Dafont: sOuTh Afirkas 2100 (2009).
In 2012, he made Stickerman Bad Times, Rock X Start TFB, Aespiro TFB, Perspectivo TFB (3d face), Desgarvuda (textured face), Estancofida TFB (textured face), LEDisplay TFB, Restroom Signs TFB, Chinese Cally TFB, Discontinuo, Suast Ornad TFB (a textured face), Scoolar TFB (3d face), Katakana TFB, Hiragana TFB, Dragons TFB, Arrows TFB, Old Retro Keys TFB, Pycuaf, Pycuafodi, Dragon Ball TFB, Escaned (texture face), Chess TFB, Seagram TFB, Army Weapons TFB, Stamp Seal TFB, Logos TFB, Scripto TFB, Another Ornaments TFB, Vintage Auto Cars TFB, Simple (a monoline sans), Travesia TFB (information design dings), Music TFB (dingbats), Xmas Cartoon, Wings of Wind TFB, Mickey M TFB, Pincel Handwrite, Jigsaw Pieces TFB, Valentines Day TFB (heart dingbats), Proportional TFB (squarish sans), Stars TFB, Working Signs TFB, Signs Language TFB, Ornaments Labels and Frames, Snowflakes TFB, Christmas Nativity TFB, Chinese Zodiac TFB, Zodiac TFB, Only Skulls, Calendar Note TFB, Sports TFB (sports silhouettes), Old Retro Labels TFB, 11 Vator TFB, Xmas TFB (Christmas dings), Trees TFB, Clothing Logos TFB, Dirty Sweb, Can Dog TFB, Ornaments, Finger Print, Kitty Kats TFB, Batman Logo Evolution TFB, Light TFB (avant garde sans), Digital Display TFB (LED face), Skullx (dingbats), Tribal Tattoo (dingbats), Klingon, The Meme Font (dingbats), Rongorongo (a system of glyphs discovered in the 19th century on Easter Island), Strangferfixcs, Hotel Transilvania and Frankenwine.
Typefaces made in 2013: Pudahuel Sans, Variada TFB (simple circle-and-arc-based sans), Estorea TFB, New LED Board TFB, Rayada TFB (textured face), New Barcode Font TFB, Estrellas TFB (stars), Estrellass (sic) TFB, Spirits Dots Drinks, Mero Ornad TFB (fishnet textured), Toolz TFB, New Stencil TFB, Logocarsbats TFB, Caritons TFB (smilies), Illustrations TFB (scanbats), Edgebat TFB (knives), Crossbats TFB (crosses), Abstrec TFB (organic sans), Frames TFB, BitxMap Font TFB, Austera Simple TFB, Traffic Signs TFB, Extranger Sol TFB, Rifle Bats TFB, New X Digital TFB (LED typeface family), Dasgastada TFB, El Alambre TFB, Punk Not Dead TFB, Triangled TFB, Noxtrey Auf TFB, Cross LED TFB (+Bold), Cursi Extra TFB, Hearts Shapes TFB, Ornamentsss TFB, Eggfaces TFB, Orniste TFB, Shadded TFB (sic) (shadow face), Spoghetti Western (sic) (Italian Far West face), Groovy Font (shaded), Fireguns TFB (dingbats), Only Revolver TFB (dingbats), Aeg Flyon Now (condensed sans), Espinuda TFB, T1 Logoso TFB, Social Logos TFB, Hearts and Flowers for valentines, Astrology Astrological TFB, Ornametss TFB, Astrology TFB, Old Ornaments, Old Foundry Prints TFB, Old seals TFB, English Two Line TFB (pearly alphabet from 1796), Amame TFB (dot matrix face), Fontesda TFB (sketched face), Flowers Dots Bats TFB, Queen Destroy TFB, Bicycle TFB (dingbats), Stone Army, Ancient Weapons TFB, Numismatic Bats TFB, Elizabethan Initials TFB, Anome Ibul, Big Daddy LED, Mavole Sinpo TFB (spurred), Dowted Remix TFB (dot matrix face), QR Font TFB, Another Barcode, Display Free TFB (LED face), Cadabra Debilex, Initials TFB, Music Logos TFB, Toxic Waste TFB, Ornad Dentro TFB, Logos and Logos TFB, Amore Mio, Hearts Shapes TFB, Another X Display TFB (dot matrix), Pro Display TFB (dot matrix), Juino Net, Quiwo Luse TFB, Aliencons Two, Cargante TFB, News Board TFB, Aliencons TFB, Barcode TFB, Birthday Balon TFB, Birds TFB (silhouettes), Le Fish (fish silhouettes), Motos TFB, Love You Too TFB (Valentine's day font), LED LCD 123, Noteame (fat sans), Badopus TFB (monoline script), Estrellado TFB, Love You TFB (Valentine's Day font), Cubs LED TFB (LED / dot matrix typeface), Text Inside TFB (textured face), Kuwa Ronmcie Q (circle-based face), Zebra TFB, Distrogrunge TFB, Carillas TFB (smilies).
Another URL. It has a movie font and famous font sub-archive. [Google]
Dead link! Damien Gautier's type pages, with a bit of history, a bibliography, news, etcetera. In French, well worth a visit. They are open to any proposals, and sell fonts for whoever wants to join, a real community effort. Founded by Gautier, Typotek has some fonts as well. Its typographers with their (mostly commercial) fonts are
Free fonts. Direct access. [Google]
- Luce Avérous: Trashhand (2001).
- Pascal Béjean: Son (1996).
- Philippe Dabasse: Gange (1997), Remont (1998).
- Eric de Bérranger: BerrangerHandITC (1995), Octone (1995), Moustique007 (2002, sans serif family).
- Sébastien Delobel: Le Dixca (free pixel font, 2000), Le Cicerond (free dot font, 2000), La Lienne, La Normal.
- Benoit Desprez: Bluefit (1999), Bluejussi (1999), Bluepadd (1999).
- Gaël Etienne: Labomatic (1999).
- Damien Gautier: LeQuincaillerie (fifties font, 2000), LeMenuiserie (2000), LeConfiserie (2000), LeBoucherie-Ornament (2000), LeBeaune (1998). Signotek (2000) is a collective effort.
- Julien Janiszewski: Ambule (2000), Biot (1995), Curve (2001, Bitstream), Frothy (2000), Grind (2001), HomeScript (2000), Indoo (1999, Indic simulation), Lexipa (free pixel font, 2001), Oeiller (T26, 1999), Ticket de Caisse (T26, 1999).
- Jacob Kanior: Skylounge (2000), Seppuku.
- Alexandre Laügt: Gorb (grand pixelized font, 2000).
- Patrick Lindsay: Cagna (2001), Digest (1999), Indigest (1999), BogglesDark, Boggles, Ossobuco, Pipo3D (1999), Pipo (1999), Pousse, Shift.
- Sophie Lucht: Appartement Témoin, Electroo (electronic dingbats, 1999).
- Vincent Menu: Tampons (2000), Cut (2000), Carré (2000), Space (2001), One (pixel font).
- Jean-François Porchez: Apolline (1995), LeMonde Courrier (1997), Parisine Plus (1998).
- Lucas Pradalier: Ananormal (2001).
- Thierry Puyfoulhoux: Presence (1999), Classica (1999), Tangram (1999), Prestige (1999).
- Pierre Rodière: Ascii (2001, a stitch font), Celebrity (2001), Celebrity No (2001).
- Pierre Roesch: Pastille (1999), Nolico (1998), Marpessa (1998).
- Julien Sappa: Dr. Ross (free medical dingbats, 2001), Camion (futuristic, 2001).
- Jean-Jacques Tachdjian: Alterna (1999), Atom (1998), Barok (1996), Dia (2000), Fria (2001), Orti, Plastico, Zone.
- Olivier Umecker: Coda (1997), Ebe (1998), Nouilles (1999), Pixit (1996), Lysana (interesting dingbats, 1998), Error (pixel font, 1998), Sanstitre (2001).
Max Infeld (b. 1981, aka Xerographer Fonts) from Chico, CA, makes free fonts and offers a free font making service. He surged onto the font scene in 2012.
Creations in 2012: Perspect (3d face), Nuevo Stencil, Dingus, Dirty Serif, Skinny Serif, Batt Marber, Hollavetica (2012, grunge), Stick Tickle, Carve Your Table (20120, Stripe Fest (2012, 3d, handprinted), Craycray For You, Feed The Bears, Yummy Nubs, Yum Nub Extended, Sleeping in Lecture (2012, informal 3d face), Zombie Checklist (2012, handprinted), Lisas First Class (2012, handprinted), Stick Four, Two Stick, Spacetime, Drunk Tattoo, Bantum Caps (2012, hand-printed stencil face), Funny Zebra, Sick Future (2012, grungy), Fuzzy Handcuffs, Black Spiral, Happy Caps, Come Party, Hellawood, Chronic Gothic, Ice Cream Party, Grassevent (2012, texture face), Electrical (2012, letters cracked by lightning), Rockster, Strungout, Bubbletea (2012, bubblegum font), Yumernub, Nighthour, Pointy, Simplehand, Linerstencil, Stickchop, Tapetype, Rolling Deep (2012, based on arcs of circles), Pony Rides, Bambu, Stolen Script, Secret Sauce, Eighties, Negative, Turds, Identify (2012, a fingerprint font), Another Party, Mighty Roping, Copy Stand, Cloudstorm, Teardrops, Friends Forever, Delicious Applepie (texture face), Crackvetica, Stormtime (grungified face), Therp (2012: 3d face), Spookies, Freeline (3d engraved face), Super Serious, Robot Shadow (2012: 3d face), Great Arrows, Great Shadow (2012: textured face), Alien Fur, Graffical, Bent Out, Splatish, Seamonster, Thirds Hand (2012: 3d outline face), Particle Physics, Poster Script (2012: rough script), Badazzle (2012, texture face), Serifvetica, Make Impact (2012, a 3d headline typeface), Stenciltration, Naughty Pipe, Qrurl, FunHaus, Flame Time, Steller Script, Summer Festival (2012, grungy caps), Major Earthquake (2012, grungy outline text face), Hot Sweat (2012, texture face), Metal Crime (2012, a cracked marble typeface), Summer Blacktop, Great Farmer, an angular typeface, Lucky Scratcher, Future Moon (textured face), Shatter Web (2012, a glaz krak face), Power Play (2012, another glaz krak face), Magic Crystal (2012, yet another glaz krak typeface), Rough Cut, Rock Harder (2012, texture face), Shred Hard, Clock Work, Major Veins, Paint Scratch, Break Away, Quick Comic, Summer Scriptastic, Absolute Money, Brush Sand, Playhouse, Pleasure Wash, Meat Market (dripping blood font), Paper Folder, Scratchingly, Fresh Sticks, FunTrucks, Quick Rodeo, Poster Bold, Open Bars (horizontal stripes), Outline Twelve, Spot Event (grungy outline face), Final Slash (textured typeface), Munchies, Meltasstic, Some Bubbles, French Sugar (very curly script), Cream Cone, Zap Deal, Crack Snacks, High Method, Crack Bars, Wall Fresh, Star Wonder, CurlyQue, Summer Script, Happy Lines, Just Marker, Solid Marker, Straight Hand, Wurm Fun, Rave Time (sketched face), Graff Caps, Erect Angle (outlined and hand-printed), Circle Caps, Story Time, Upper Side, Lower Side, Tech Haus (sketched), Boneyard, Status Update, Eigth Grade (sic), Table Shank, Serial Lover, Freaky Night (blood drip font), Future Girlfriend, Summer Scare, Faster Stronger, Smoking Cracks (texture face), After School, Cutting Edge, Animal Cracker, Sticky Mad, Comic Chub, Right Way, RockLess, CleanFade, Exploded Capital, Size Matters, EightBite, Extra Dimension, Cap Scratched, FanCom, Optic Nerd, Spooky Stencil, Five Dozen, Great Mix, LowCase, Swirl Insertion, Lube Splash, Organic Vines, Fall Greetings, Plant Type, Fast Brush, Hair Bows, Limo Caps, Bold Shake, Path Check, PopCap, Angle Stroke, Scratch Point, China Town (oriental simulation), Gunky Ick, Super Fade (textured), Practical Script, Delicious Outline, Fourth Dimension, College Scribble (sketch font), Dirty Western, Freeky Typewriter, Creature Builder, Bang Time (a rough brush), Fall Harvest (sketch face), EuroParty, Fire Proof, Eye Scare, Empire Caps, Pleasure Castle (a great barbed face), Scribble Time (sketched font), Star Rising (poster font), Dottline, Euro Horror, Metal Show (metal band font), Fantastic Sunset, Toxic Waste, Alien Waffle (textured face), Rewind Forward, Stitchy Times, Snug Bum, Star Fishy, Ghost Clouds, Epic Slash, Childs Persprective, Thin Fine, Metal Event (chiseled face), Tight Box, Saber Husk, Major Scare, Terminal Event, Pirates Bay, Wicked Cockney, Great Splunk, Diamond Cut, Treehause Horror, Indie hand, Sweet Revenge, Chronical Script, Peaceful Violence, Basic Header, Hand Work, Ninja Turtle, AquaColor, Furry Sack, Mad Style, Alien Dot, Dirty Feature, Wine Basement (connected script), Pen War (scratchy script), Angelina, Skate Around, Wide Thin (brush face), Frisky Vampire, SuperBling, Chronic Harvest, Fur Handcuffs, Darth Fader (textured face), House Rave, Snow Frosting, Post News, Straight Baller (white on black poster face), Heavy Weight, Angry Nerds (brush face), Future Style (hand-printed 3d face), Liner34, Tweak Diner, Frosty Holiday, Zap Control, Kids Outline, Shock Treatment, Flesh Digster, Shredding Harder (grungy scratchy typeface), Metal Chakra (barbed wire face), Childs Funtime, Super Cut, Holy Scriptacular, Tangent Print, Chung Flew, Lucky Money, Oven Bread, Soda crack, Quick Dirty, Victory Cut, College Dropout (athletic lettering), Comic Shadow, Mystery Forest (sketched), Code Danger, Slash King, Phat Rave (sketched), Tiger Tails, Major Rules, Cloud Home, Flower Header (floriated caps), Tiny Friends, Tasty Sundae, Leaking Type, Saturday Evening, Agenda Clash, Tripple Dots, Plain Handline, Cutefold, Gift Exchange, Reaganald Script, Broadway Event (marquee face), Gotfaded (textured face), Disco Rush, Some Lines, Inside Flower, Scratch This, Alien Sweater (stitch font), Fantom Bantum, Stripe Fun, Thrift Store, Legit Outline, Country Gold, Chrome Fancy, Barnyard Massacre (Treefrog style), Holiday Event, Art Times, Flesh Shop, Heart Baller, Free Kittenz, CreamPuff, Outline Around, Quivering Noodle, Rocking Lines, Tugboat, Comic Bubble, Hand Shadow, Sans College, Winter Ice, Cutout Poster, Woodblock Cutter, Handy Stencil, Dirty Cursive.
The following typefaces were designed by Matt Barber: Gateway Drug (2013), Crankdeal (2012, a hand-printed poster face), Mad Caps, Third Leg (multiline typeface), Late Nights, Sewn Tight (2012, stitch font), Black Widow (2012).
The following typefaces were codesigned with Dylan Tellesen in 2012: Dingleberry (+Solid), Threed, Brushingtons, Excellent Stencil, Handrelief, Partyline, Basic Chrome, Spot Lights, Big Spit, Code Bars, Color Blind, Skullvetica, Diamond Plate, Blambu, Hounds, Knity (texture face), Eightballer, Another Line (a basic straight-edged monoline sans), Rocking Poster, Robotic Revolution, Organic Nature, Underground Event, Surf Shack, Greater Shadow, Razor Slice, Big Print (textured face), Scripty Caps.
Typefaces made in 2013: Fresh Maker, Lucky Dogs, Quickly Write, Gourmet King (glaz krak font), Austin Lights, Pony Maker, Crystal House (grunge), Secret Event (textured face), Indian Tiger, Great Camp, Cowboy Would, Western Racing, Stripe Attack (textured font), Art Bang (grunge), Quick Scratch, Cold Brew, Fresh Twist, Nine Eight, Going Fast, Mega Riches, Taste Bomb (textured face), Brighten Days, Supergraf (a brushy graffiti face), Last Hand, Spring Ninja (brush face), Circuit City, Global Village, Yard Gnome, Lite Hand, Metal Block (Zero, Two, Three: scanbats), Indie Rock, Ancient Story, Super Drag, Slight Rocking, Over Scribble, Quickly Caps, Crack Deco, Victory Time (faded formal script), Futuristic Outline, Another Student, More Party, Brush Grunge, Zipper Fries, Diamond Lux, Splatter Funtime, Durh Shapes, Frosty Winter, Whole Space, BlockWood, Soda Water, Magic Scribble, Seaming Stitchy, Thrash Party, Line Fever, Great Bush, Right Price, Tight Carve, American Freedom, Jimbos Print, Quick Cut (faded face), Super Cracks (glaz krak face), More Party, Half Faded (textured face), Charcoal Script, Future Lines, Dot Outline, Half Tones, Shady Walk, Quick Slash, School Notes (sketched face), Block Party, Wonderful Party, Heart Stripe, Heart Beat, Heart Hole, Paint Balls, Golden Lights, Spring Party (texture face), Shockvetica (glaz krak face), Safe Paper, Sword Fighting, Camo Wear (textured face), Disco Night (art deco), Reverse Frick, Scratchy Fun (sketched), Fun Origami, Special Exit, Kid Print, an old typewriter collection (Dirty Olympia, Sterling Keys, SuperKeys, Quiet Type, Hermes Rocket, Double Studio, Light Fingers), Designer Pixels, Beauty Salon (Treefrog script), Headshot, Mega Bone, Fantastic Habits, Fridge Letters (textured), Kids Blocks (scanbats), Theater Event (grunge), Circle Pixels, Taste Bomb, Kite High, Run Away (3d) Dirty Coal (brushy), Dot Sticks, Twerk Fifty, Dance Lights (textured), Steam Rose (textured), Donkey Punch, Fold Line (origami), Tiger Nuts (textured), Fun Bear, Standard Header (letterpress, 3d), Marble Wasteland, Bender Lines, Magical Springtime, Open Hatch (hand-printed), Retro Tastic, Space Zombie (hand-printed), Mad Triangle (textured typeface), Sweaty Party (a fun sketched typeface), Freaky Manor (gothic typeface), Special Brand (texture face), Western Clown, Company Problem, Derp Icons, Pixel Hour (textured face), Basic Scratch, Indie Sellout, Next Level (textured face), Third Rail (grunge), Real Trap (athletic lettering), Bang Party, Title Solution (textured face), Special Third (textured face), Deal Maker (textured typeface), Liquor Bank (3d), Electrical Neue, Eighties Locker (grunge), Visual magnets (textured typeface), Final Relief (textured), Comic Tans, Bright Headline (hand-printed), Tiger Bawl, Cut Away (cutout letters), Kings Castle (textured face), Southern Riots (grunge), Slick Wave (textured face), Smash Break (texture face), Thin Simple, Super Rocket, Kids Game, Eighties Shades, Melt Factory, Pirate Zombie (grunge), Doktor Scratch, Mix Tape (textured face), City Tags, Gotcha (3d face), Wild Scratch (textured), Inter Fade (textured), Urban Labels (textured), Hot Tropics, Quantum Pixel (grungy), Minus Plus, Lower Scratch, Flying High, Broken Mustangs (script), Byte Shades (textured), Bolt Light (textured), Just Quick, Hotrocks, Total Event, Racing Flow, Energy Drink (textured), Inside Box (a wonderful metal-look textured typeface), Heat Wave (a wide poster face), Great Miami (arched typeface), Disco Midnight, Clean Scratch, Vegas Nights (textured and smudgy), Pirate Disco, Swift Chops, Zero Hype, Dot Tricks (grungy), Shaken (glaz krak font), Great Points (textured), High Level (textured), Break Time (textured), Circus Party, Crash Site (glaz krak face), Lower Resolution, Fifty Hours (script), For Sale (script), Broken Fixed (script), Hieroglyph Licks, Think Plan, Fancy Shadow, Forwards Backwards, High Sales, Slash Thirty (blood drip face), Universal Freaky, Event Shark, Bone King, Sharking, Magnetic, Paper Shreads, Summer Watermelon, Bubble Yums, Crazy Eyes, Danger Waffles (textured face), Early Scare, Farm Barns, Freckle Jackson, Greater Sales, Indian Summer, Mixed Thirty, Positive Warp, Reasonable Speculation, School Party, Scratching Matters, Lemonade Summer, High Style (textured face), Biology, Aweseome Style, Box Lines, Cloud Ahead, Going Around, Hot Flash, Major Stripe (sketched face), Pixel Draw, Summer Fire, SuperTack, Sure Real (Treefrog style), Totally Straight, Mega Gothic, Basic Hand, Chief Scare, Plain Slice, Sail Away, Gone Away, Chubby Muffin, Crack King, Dirty Jobs, Paris Label, Phone Home, Kids Party, Zombie Stitch, Moden Post, Rock Bait (Treefrog style script), Tent Sale (brush face), Event Maker, Quantum Ants, Cheap Horror, Extra String, Scratch Times, Snorkel Whisp, Dirty Looks, Bould, Window Crash (glaz krak face), California Harvest, Twerking Nasty, College Movie, Easy Horror, Brush Some, Autumn Two, Season Fourteen, Always Never, Fresh Bone, Scare Camp, Twinkle Fingers, Dirty Bandit, Metal Clash, Simple Folks, Sunrise Disco, Danger Zone, Swift Break, Dusty Salmon (textured face), Urban Poster, Tasty Drips (dripping paint font), HardLine (3d font), Technophilia, Zombie State, Come Inside, Popular Invite, Tough Horror, Wonderful Phonograph, Zombie Scratch, Thunder Crack, Fresh Riot, Metal Atlas, Grunge Shack, Gif Wrap, Punk Inside, Disco Break, Quantum Future, Major Black (textured), Stone Bird, Fantastic Party, Quick Money, Fast Time, Hecka Grunge, Electric Night, Tasty Swirl, Helping Stranger, Radical Llamas, Real Gold, Double Shadow, Space Cats, Space Fight, Furious Racing (textured typeface), Snow Flakes, Solid Event, First Place, Total Shock, Hairy Fun, Cats String, Dragons Breath, Stripe Disco, College Bytes, Late Club, Road Skin (textured), City Heights (textured), Easy Bricks, Insert Fun, Grunge Kids (textured), Solid Brand, Winter Decor (snow crystal font), Doctor Meow, Real Fast, Major Sketchy, Easy Romance, Globtastic, Noses, Strike King, Salty Would, First Contact, Extra Zero, Space Bang, First Avenue, Dirty Shocker, Delicious Candy, Drop Inside.
Typefaces from 2014: Quick Sales (textured), Vegas Neon, Xero Typique, Ink Special, Bad Luck (glaz krak face), Handing Over, Megaphilia, Late Drank, Atlas Grunge, Right Track (textured), Square Deal, Great Party, Next Wave, Doges Walk, Dirty Locals, Boulder Scare, Clean Easy, Come Around, Fresh Holiday, Half Light (a condensed brush face), Light Curls, Lower Case, Magic Beauty, Much Funky, Plain Lines, Ten Fresh, Simply Fresh, Windy Metro, Play Along, East City (textured), Bernal Heights (grunge), Metalblock Delta (textured), French Disco (textured), City Magic (textured), Thunder Head, Lucky Diamonds, Great Storm, Neon Taste (textured), Night Hawk, Trap Music 9a sketched typeface), Close Race, Major Label, Fresh Track (an all-caps brush typeface), Jack Trades, Cut Blox, Metal Block Theta (textured), Fired Bread.
Dafont link. [Google]