| || |
Spanish creator of the hexagonal typeface Bee Type (2013, +Filled).
Dafont link. Fontspace link. [Google]
Pest, Hungary-based designer of Hexa (2012, free hexagonal typeface).
Dafont link. [Google]
Creator of the rounded hexagonal typeface Klipa (2013, EuroTypo). [Google]
Graphic designer in Bogota, Columbia, who created Minoria (2012, hexagonal).
Behance link. [Google]
Born in Russia in 1995, Alex Mihaylov designed the octagonal typeface Reflectors (2013, FontStruct) and the hexagonal typeface Hexamatter (2013). One Smear (2013) simulates an oriental brush. [Google]
Graphic designer in Florida. He created the custom rounded sans face FierSpins (2011), and writes: The FierSpins display typeface was created exclusively for the FierSpins Identity Project. It is purely inspired by the shapes of various Table Tennis attributes as well as the sharp and lightning fast movements used in that sport. Still in 2011, he created the hexagonal face Honey. Behance link. [Google]
Based in Luanda, Angola, Alexandre Claro created the hexagonal typeface AKJ (2013). [Google]
Industrial designer in Moscow. He created some funny and original stick figure dingbats called Lettrism (2009). Bones (2011) is a Cyrillic display face. Pseudo LCD (2011) is a hexagonal LCD face. Serpenta Serif (2011) is labyrinthine. [Google]
Altered Ego Fonts (was: Sooy Type Foundry, STF)
Altered Ego Fonts is the 2003-born sibling of STF, the Sooy Type Foundry. See also Sooy Co. Brian Sooy is the Elyria, OH-based designer of font families such as Chevron (1994, a condensed font), Eclectics (dingbats: Bundle, Medley, Pixelweb, Web), VerveMM (1999, multiple master font at Adobe), Acolyte, Veritas (1995, multiple master text fonts), Benderhead (Garagefonts; Benderhead AEF followed in 2006), ITC Coventry (1998, grunge font), EclecticWeb (dingbats), American Spirit STF (2001, American symbols), ArkeoBT (2003, Bitstream, a readable bitmap font family), Lil Milton (2006), AE Prosperity (2011, a slightly aged old map style script), and Greenbriar AEF (2005, a 12-style hypnotic and gothic family).
Brian, who also runs Brian Sooy&Co, calls his fonts trendy and neo-humanist. Check Alphabets Inc for EclecticOne, EclecticTwo, EclecticPixel (2004, pixel dingbats), Greenbriar (hexagonal), Temerity, Chevron and Veritas, and the Bitstream Type Odyssey CD (2001) for most of his collection.
Corporate work includes the Lucerna Bible Font for the New Living Translation Bible of Tyndale House Publishers in 1995, which was based on Veritas.
Showcase of Brian Sooy's typefaces at MyFonts. [Google]
Milan-based creator of the hexagonal typeface Slight (2012), the thin experimental typeface Rim (2012) and the thin straight-edged Linea (2012). He studies at NABA University in Milan.
In 2013 he designed the alchemic typeface Alter.
Behance link. [Google]
Designer in Bombay, who made a custom Hindi font (2012), as well as a typeface for teaching children how to draw the Latin alphabet. He also created Hexy (2012, a hexagonal family that includes an inline face), Hindustan Hipsters Icons (2012), the thin geometric typeface Elefont Sans (2012) and the paperclip typeface Incomple (2012).
Another Behance link. [Google]
[Julia Martínez Diana]
Julia Martínez Diana (b. 1990) is based in Buenos Aires, Argentina, where she studies graphic design at UBA. In 2004, she set up the typefoundry Antipixel.
Julia created Circoex (2008) and the handprinted Culia (2008).
Additions in 2011: Culita (handprinted), Presa (techno, +UltraLight), the Savia family (hand-drawn faces, including a 3d Shadow style), PGY.
Creations from 2012: Aracne, Iso (hexagonal), Belta (handprinted), Nue (monoline display sans).
Typefaces from 2013: Aracne Condensed.
Dafont link. Abstract Fonts link. Fontspace link. Fontspring link. [Google]
[Magique Fonts (was: Cpr. Sparhelt)]
Bagel & Co
Japanese foundry that offers these free Latin fonts made by Ryoichi Tsunekawa around 2005: Kiwi (geometric hairline), Bagel (roundish comic book face), Coconut (noisy outline face), Coconut Split, Fresh Tomato (LED simulation), Dried Tomato (LED simulation), Dutch Style, Mocha Harrar (great stencil face), 103 (experimental, Bank Gothic style), Airhead, ArealBlack, Awkward, BagelNew, BagelOld, Banbino, Bebas (2005, industrial sans), Berlin89, Blackout, Built-1970, Bunyan, Busted, Canstop, Chiangmai (Thai simulation face), DBLline, Dijkstra, Dutchstyle, Fling, Graphite, Harcomaso, Hiexplosive, Hitech, Honeycomb (hexagonal), Junkmix, Kanatypo, KemikalHi, Meegoreng, Mikrob, Natsupopy, Overwork, Palsu, Plamo, Plasitico, REC001, REC002, REC003, Resistance, SQRT, STdigi (LED font), Shandy, Superstar, Tembaga, Tenaga, Tomodachi, Tragedia, Trucker, VRdigital, VRembroidery, Welcome2M, Workaholic, Zeebraa, plot-A, plot-K, Appendix 3, Gesso, Pusab, Sushitaro, Typewrong.
Dafont link. Fontspace link. Kernest link. [Google]
Creator of the hexagonal typeface Hexahe (2012). [Google]
[Altered Ego Fonts (was: Sooy Type Foundry, STF)]
Raleigh, NC-based designer of Hexel Sans (2011), which was inspired by the hexagonal patterns seen in beehives. [Google]
Carlos Alexis Ortiz Escalante
Typographer in Cayey, Puerto Rico, who created the hexagonal typeface Hexal (2012). [Google]
Derelict (2013) is a hexagonal grid-based typeface created by Catherine Sergeeva, Ruslan Simashev and Alexey Mendelson as a training project for British Higher School of Art and Design in Moscow. Catherine also designed Fox Ear (2013). [Google]
Graphic designer from INK Studio in Brussels, who studies in Paris. She created Hexo Type (2012).
Behance link. [Google]
American type designer. Creator of LHF Hexagon Modern (2012, Letterhead Fonts: hexagonal family in an art deco style that was inspired by signpainter Alf R. Becker).
Klingspor link. [Google]
[Manuel Eduardo Corradine]
Manuel Corradine was born in Bogotá in 1973. He graduated from the School of Graphic Design of the National University of Colombia in 1996, and became a graphic designer. He started by custom-designing fonts and by making typefaces for his own company, Casa Papelera El Cedro (The Cedar Papermaking House), for printing invitation cards. With other designers like Carlos Fabián Camargo, John Vargas and César Puertas he formed Tipográfico in 2007 to strengthen the type discipline in Colombia. Corradine Fonts is Manuel Corradine's own foundry in Bogotá, Colombia, founded in 2006. Today, he is one of Colombia's principal type designers.
Fonts from 2007: Kidwriting (a family which includes Kidwriting Dingbats 1 and 2), Garabata (a fantastic handwriting face), Garabata Dingbats, Hexagona Digital, Quadrat (grunge), Quadrat Old (grunge), Quadrat Dirty (grunge), Quadrat Broken, Quadrat Ugly, Neogot (experimental, 8 styles).
Fonts from 2008: Mucura (handwriting), Prissa (handwriting), Salpicon (a script), Cuento Serif (a bouncy handprinted family), Memoria (brush script), Charco, Happy Day (comic book family with Happy Day Dingbats), Espectro (a swinging script with swashes and a Dingbats style), Furia (handwriting), Candelaria (based on house signs in the La Candelaria neighborhood of Bogotá), Old Village (1600's style), Old Village Ornaments, Rapidda (a successful simulation of quick handwriting), Hueca (an outline children's script), Antigua (an old swashbuckler family), Colegial (a great-looking hand script), Pincel (a fantastic paint brush family with accompanying splatter dingbats), Trazo (Corradine's handwriting), Arcos (a techno family), Caveman (a primitive stone-look type family), Rumba (two styles; an elegant flowing brush script), Parche (graffiti family), Elegance Monoline (a greeting card script face that won an award at Tipos Latinos 2008), Abuelito (script).
Fonts from 2009: Helga (flowing script), Mussica (+Swash, +Antiqued, a delicate Victorian face), Guarapo (handprinted), Toxic (futuristic stencil), Emotion (comic book face), Bloque 3D, Rock and Cola, Betco's Hand, Telefante (comic book family), Nancy's Hand (more comic book hand-printing), Alambre (multiline/paperclip), Sensual (calligraphic hand), Zape (in the style of Tekton), Antrax Tech (grunge), Masato (handwriting), Hu Kou (oriental simulation).
Fonts fgrom 2010: Miel (a curly script), Oferta (a signage script), Corradine Handwriting, Alberto (connected hand), Changua (handprinted).
Fonts from 2011: Plebeya (2011, connected hand), Mimi's Hand Connected, Legendaria (an extensive connected calligraphic family).
Fonts from 2012: Tecna (a techno family codesigned with Sergio Ramirez), Neuron (a fantastic 16-style rounded elliptical sans family created together with Sergio Ramirez), Bucanera Soft (blackletter), Bucanera Antiqued (grungy blackletter), Official (a simple monoline sans family), Almibar (a connected calligraphic Spencerian script), Eterea (a roman all-caps family), Eterea LC (the lower case set), Canciller (an italic roman, done with Sergio Ramirez), Quarzo (2012, a formal copperplate script done with Sergio Ramirez).
Klingspor link. MyFonts link. Font Squirrel link. [Google]
Petros Vasiadis set up CYN Fonts in Athens, Greece, ca. 2013. He offers these free (mostly brush) fonts for Latin and Greek: CYN Kypselers (hexagonal), Logikfron (grunge), Me Rider (grunge), Banxed (hexagonal), CYN Ypsoma (hand-printed), CYN Unlimited (brush), CYN Ufos (scratchy), CYN U, CYN Pan Shadow, CYN Pan (hand-printed), CYN Nextshift (hand-printed), CYN Goodinside, CYN Forgiven, CYN Filos (brush), CYN Byron, CYN Autozen (nice brush), CYN Autoside (brush), CYN Autopol (scratchy brush), CYN Autolimit (brush), CYN Autofly (brush), CYN 4Uven.
Blogger link. [Google]
Barcelona-based designer of the 3d school project typeface Cube (2013). [Google]
David Neustadt ("saberrider") is the designer who used FontStruct in 2008 to make the experimental fonts Eye Pain, Colorblind, Big Blue (like IBM's stripes), Cord, Fontsract (a nice stencil face, based on piano keys), Dice (great; based on an idea of Daniel Pelavin, 1996), Blux (liquid crystal), Blockiger (octagonal), athletica (athletic lettering), divided (two lines, octagonal), edgewalker (heavy slab serif), geomatrix (filled-in letters), olympica. Other creations include Picto People (2008, a great people figure dingbat font), Carmack (2008, octagonal), Pluto (2008, white on black), Pluto Lowercase, Arena Berlin (2008), Katja (2008), Average (2008), Unbalanced (2008), Solido (2008, based on Ata Syed's FS Minimal), Noise (2008, grungy school letters), and Diagonalis (2008, diagonally striped letters).
In 2009, he added Hexastruct, Curvy, Genero (fat face), Plagiacotti (Western saloon font, based on Manicotti, 2007, by David Jonathan Ross), Rasterman (+Bold) (gray effect fonts), Krummbein, Cohen, Mister N (handwriting), Monobono (shadow face), Letter Case, Mikado (3d-stroke font), Boulder (ultra-fat), Night Shift (semi-stencil), Tuvalua, Ripper (fat, counterless), Poff, Blackstruct (blackletter), Borders and Borders2 (outlines of countries).
Typefaces from 2010: Squeeze, Puncture (dot matrix outlined), Yobbo (condensed, counterless).
Typefaces from 2012: Thunderdome. [Google]
Graphic designer in Montreal. While taking a course from Colizzi at UQAM, he designed the hexagonal typeface Hexactly (2012). [Google]
Tang Shipeng (b. 1980, Zhejiang) graduated from the University of Science and Technology in Beijing. Now based in Shanghai, he is the creator of a number of decorative Chinese and Latin typefaces in 2012. These include experimental, connect-the-dots, geometric, oriental simulation, hexagonal, and tangram designs.
Behance lkink. [Google]
Deyvi D. Villamil Rojas
Designer from Bogota, Colombia. He created a hexagonal grid-based typeface in 2012. [Google]
Yoshiyasu Ito's free fonts (Roman and Katakana): the gorgeous Calligraphism, the interesting Labyrinthism. More complete list: D3-Archism, D3-Archism-I, D3-Beatmapism, D3-Beatmapism-Curve, D3-Beatmapism-Neo, D3-Biscuitism, D3-Biscuitism-Bold, D3-Calligraphism, D3-Concretism-typeA, D3-Concretism-typeB, D3-Cosmism, D3-Cosmism-Hiragana, D3-Cosmism-Hiragana-Oblique, D3-Cosmism-Katakana, D3-Cosmism-Katakana-Oblique, D3-Cosmism-Oblique, D3 Craftism (3d face), D3-Cubism, D3-Digitalism, D3-Digitalism-Italic, D3 Egoistism (octagonal), D3-Euronism, D3-Factorism-Alphabet, D3-Factorism-Italic, D3-Factorism-Katakana, D3-Factorism-Katakana-Italic, D3-Guitarism, D3-Honeycombism (hexagonal), D3-Honeycombism-Bold, D3-Honeycombism-Sorround, D3-Isotopism, D3-Labyrinthism-katakana, D3-Labyrinthism, D3-Mochism, D3-Mouldism-Alphabet, D3-Mouldism-Round-Italic, D3-Mouldism-Katakana, D3-Mouldism-Round-Alphabet, D3-Parallelism, D3-PazzlismA, D3-PazzlismB, D3-PipismS, D3-PipismW, D3-RoundSquarism, D3-Stonism, D3-Streetism, D3-Streetism-Katakana, D3-Sufism, D3-Surfism_I, D3-Surfism_IO. Alternate download place where you can also find D3-Circuitism, D3-Circuitism-Oblique, D3-Concretism-typeA, D3-Concretism-typeB, D3-Cozmism, D3-Cozmism-Hiragana, D3-Cozmism-Hiragana-Oblique, D3-Cozmism-Katakana, D3-Cozmism-Katakana-Oblique, D3-Cozmism-Oblique, D3-Electronism, D3-Electronism-Katakana, D3-Smartism-TypeA, D3-Smartism-TypeB, D3-Witchism.
Dafont link. [Google]
Creative studio in Barcelona run by Jimmie Zu. In 2013, they published the hexagonal display typeface Hexelia, and the compass-and-ruler typeface Sensilist. Rainbow is a fun display typeface.
Behance link. Another Behance link. [Google]
Slovak designer of the logotype face Hexagon (1997). [Google]
Roman designer at FontStruct in 2008 of Mango (ultra fat, rounded), Doodeka (dodecahedron-themed letters---sublime!), Culdesac, Candelabra, Legorama, Legorama Everywhere Fill, Legorama Everywhere, Legorama Fill, Magnetor (shadow outline face), Thuring (athletic lettering), Monkey Pizzazz (pixelized monkeys), Escaptionist (pixel face), Dioptical (optical illusions face), allurium, allurium_welded, avinguda (an octagonal face), Avinguda Light, Myopia, Fast Pussycat, Roboro (techno), Monkey Pizzaz (monkey dings), Solari Platform, avinguda_jagged, beamo (monoline sans, a take on Franklin Gothic), beamo_outline, beamo_pixel, conformista_1, hairdo, minimalia, minimalia_noon, minimalia_rounded, sherif_1, yvette ("a fat font with a belly button), Hairdo, Bee Legacy (blackletter glyphs encased in hexagons), Legorama. He also made the beautiful hairline squarish face Les Bains (2008) which is based on the lettering used for the signs in Les Bains des Docks, by French architect Jean Nouvel.
Additions in 2009: Chauncey, Sixto (ultra fat octagonal face made at FontStruct; obese geometry in his own words), Proclama (a cold war font), Lamina.
Fonts from 2010: Bromance (upright connected script), Oliva (open face style), Podio (3d), Thuring (athletic lettering), Budino and Budino Kiri (fat counterless), Escaptionist (pixel), Riba (2010, a ribbon font).
Fonts from 2011: Arancito (upright connected script).
Home page at House 42. Behance link. [Google]
BFA student in Graphic Design at Savannah College of Art and Design. Creator of the free typeface Anderson (2012), a semi-hexagonal creature. [Google]
Enci Bognar (Budapest) is working on a hexagonal typeface called To Bee Cafe (sic) (2013). Steam Font (2013) is an experimental typeface. [Google]
Turkish type designer. His repertoire consists of a number of techno or modular faces, a contructivist face (Attack), some upright connected scripts (like the Arabic simulation face Alibaba), some geometric sans faces, a hexagonal face (Hexa). Scans: I, I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI. [Google]
Felipe Kenzo Atatsuka
Graphic designer in Tatui, Brazil, who designed Satellis Type (2013), a hexagonal sci-fi typeface. [Google]
Fernando Gaverd (Hexagono Design, Santa Fe, NM) created some experimental typefaces in 2011. In 2012, he made the caps alphabet Santa Fe, which is probably not a complete font. [Google]
Designer from Buenos Aires, who created the 3d face Hexagon (2010) using strict mathematical principles. [Google]
Japanese foundry in Nagoya that offers these free and commercial Latin fonts made by Ryoichi Tsunekawa, who also runs Bagel & Co, Dharma Type, HolidayType and Prop-A-Ganda. Most of his work was done at Flat-It. His typefaces:
- 2013: Griffon (copperplate titling face), Antique Spenserian (based on Spencerian Script by Mackellar, Smiths and Jordan).
- 2012: Geom Graphic (a retro sci-fi family that can be considered as a squarish version of Eurostile), Sheepman (modular), House of Cards, Space Colony (a lovely monoline futuristic techno family), Rama Slab (an antiqued wood-style slab serif), Rama Gothic. An antiqued sans serif family that recalls the wood type era), Diamond Ring (an art deco typeface inspired by Japanese cosmetics-packaging designs and posters from the late 19th and early 20th centuries), Controller (techno meets organic in this rounded squaris sans family), Revolution Gothic (an extended version of PAG Revolucion), 2008, which was inspired by retro propaganda posters and wallpainting in Cuba from the 60s to 80s), Diamond Ring (art deco).
- 2011: Yummo (monoline organic sans), Sheepman (based on the wood type No. 506 of William Page), Onick (2011, an art deco neojaponist fat display face done for Wordshape), Shiva (2011, hairline sans), Mocha Mattari (2011, grunge), Dharma Slab (2011, inspired by 1800s-style wood type), Dharma Gothic (2011, +P), Rama Gothic (2011, also inspired by 1800s-style wood type), Dimensions (2011, squarish), Design System (2011, a large family based on 70s style techno faces), Speedometer (2011, condensed piano key face).
- 2010: Stereo Gothic (2010: an extended all caps slightly techno sans family), Behrensmeyer Vigesimals (2010, a pixel format connected script), Civilite Vigesimals (2010, pixelized Civilite), Flat10 Arts and Crafts (2010), Flat20 Hippies, Flat10 Segments (2010), Flat10 Antique (2010), Flat20 Gothic (2010), Flat20 Streamer (2009, pixelized ribbon font), Flat10 Fraktur, Flat10 holy, Flat10 Holly, Flat10 Stencil, Flat20 Headline, Flat10 Artdeco, Word From Radio (2008-2010). Cigarette (2007, Bauhaus/Peignot-style type family).
- 2009: African Elephant Trunk (2009), Concrete Script, Concrete Stencil (2009, a stencil calligraphic script), Perfect Magic (2009), HT Maison (2009, signage face), HT Farmacia (2009, connected school script), HT Espresso (2008, upright script), HT Cartoleria (2008, connected script), HT Cafe (2009), Sneaker Script (2009).
- 2007-2008: Bistro Mono (2007, an awkward monoline face), Thousands (2007), Balaghat (2008), Garash Script (2008, a Halloween face), Woodstamp (2008), Banana (2008, brush script), Rebel Train Goes (2008, a piano key font), Rouge (2007, an elegant lipstick-on-the-bathroom-mirror pair of faces), Yasashii (2007, a great geometric art deco Broadway-style family), Lily Wang (2006, calligraphic script), Nothing (2007), Garash (2007, Arabic simulation), Moon Star Soul (2007, Western saloon font), Grandes Vacances (+ Une, Deux) (2007), Pansy Bo (2006, calligraphic), Dremie (2007, an art deco headline face with Open and Fill weights), Grandes Vacances (2007, based on 19th century billboard letters), Xesy (2007, a fantastic "ronde" high-contrast upright connected script), Deluta Black (2007, a soft blackletter), Cotoris (2007, a 4-style family that takes inspiration from Koch Antiqua and the art nouveau movement).
- 2006: Daisy Lau (2006, calligraphic), Agedage Luxeuil (2006, based on a monasteric script from the 8th century), Agedage Cancellaresca (2006), Agedage Simple Versal (2006, Lombardic caps simplified), Amsterdam Modern (2006, art nouveau influences), Flat10 [Holly, Holy, Stencil, Fraktur] (2006, a set of pixel faces), Machiarge (2006, a heavy connected brushed signage script), Chic Hand (2006, connected script), Double Dagger (2006, geometric stencil family), Fault (2006, an art deco striped lettering face), Killernuts (2006, headline serif face with brush stroke endings), Underconstructionism! (2006, a rectangular look family with associated dingbats), Machia (2006, decorative script), Kiwi (geometric hairline), Bagel (roundish comic book face), Jaguarundi (2006, distressed), Boycott (2006, distressed), Tokyotrail (2006, futuristic techno family), Coconut (noisy outline face), Coconut Split, Fresh Tomato (LED simulation), Dried Tomato (LED simulation), Dutch Style, Mocha Harrar (great stencil face), 103 (experimental, Bank Gothic style), Airhead, ArealBlack, Awkward, BagelNew, BagelOld, Banbino, Bebas (2005, industrial sans), Berlin89, Blackout (redesigned in 2011 as the ulta-narrow Dimensions), Boycott (grunge), Built-1970, Bunyan, Busted, Camera (2007), Canstop, Chiangmai (Thai simulation face), DBLline, Dijkstra, Dutchstyle, Fling, Graphite, Harcomaso, Hiexplosive, Hitech, Honeycomb, Junkmix, Kanatypo, KemikalHi, Machia (2006, a calligraphic family), Meegoreng, Mikrob, Natsupopy, Overwork, Palsu, Plamo, Plasitico, REC001, REC002, REC003, Resistance, SQRT, STdigi (LED font), Shandy, Superstar, Tembaga, Tenaga, Tomodachi, Tragedia, Trucker, VRdigital, VRembroidery, Welcome2M, Workaholic, Zeebraa, plot-A, plot-K, Appendix 3, Gesso (grunge), Pusab (2006, ultra round; one free weight), Sushitaro, Typewrong, Celtics Modern (2006, a Celtic family of fonts). At T-26, he published CRZ (2006), Guppy, Ohana (2006, octagonal), Picnica (2006), and Wearetrippin.
MyFonts link. Fontsquirrel link for their free fonts such as Bebas (2005, industrial sans), Boycott, Gesso, and Pusab. YWFT link. Bagel & Co. link. Klingspor link. Dafont link. Dafont link.
View Ryoichi Tsunekawa's typefaces. Kernest link. [Google]
Illustrator and digital artist in Merelbeke, Belgium. In 2010, he created Sliced according to a hexagonal modular pattern. Behance link. [Google]
Mostly alphadings and dingbats, all made in 2003 and free to download: AntsInYourFonts, BatteredBeacon, ColonelEllsworth, ColumbiaInMemoriam, ConfaDental, CorneliusMcHusk, DoggieStyle, EasterEssence, FustyCat, GalleonAdventure, GatoBocado, GrannyLove, HeraldryisRampant, HerculeanEffort, Hexagony, Ice Caps, IconusAmericanus, IntoMischief, JauntySanta, JustDucky, Kringle Kapers, KubicsRube, LadyortheTiger, LeaveUsLeaf, LeprechaunJoy, MeAndMySharpie, MousyMousie, MyFriendJesus, New Orleans, OwlPussycat, PatrioticDude, PeaceDove, Pfeffermintz, PrezDayFont, RidinInStyle, RockPaperScissors, SacredCow, SantasList, ScaredyMcShadow, ScaredySkeleton, Scrimshaw, SmashingPunkins, SpeedyMcHaste, SpookyDoooings, SpringyBunny, SteadfastScottie, TeeTime, Thinsome, WhatAKnight, WhatsYourBrand, Winter Fun.
Fontspace link. Dafont link. [Google]
Yusuke Hayakawa's fonts for the Mac include Bigbag, Hint, Anadigi, Sphere, Muscatel, Honeycombed (hexagonal), Mistral, U-Swim (alphading). [Google]
Fontscape shows many font examples in each of these blackletter categories:
- Bastarda (in German: Schwabacher): based on cursive writing. It is typified by an 'o' which is pointed at the top and bottom.
- Fraktur, the most common form, with o's that are D-shaped.
- Textura (in German: Gotisch; also: Old English): An angular family of blackletter type, characterised by a hexagonal 'o'.
- Rotunda (in German: Rundgotisch): the Italian version of Textura blackletter type, called Rundgotisch in German, typified by a smooth circular 'o'.
Funk The Hype
Funk The Hype is Thiago Marques in Campinas, Brazil. He created the hexagonal typeface Funk The Type (2012). [Google]
Cascais, Portugal-based designer who graduated from IADE. He created HexaFont (2011). [Google]
Graphic and type designer and art director in Washington, DC. He teaches graphic design at George Mason University and at The Art Institute of Washington. Creator of Skatekey (2012, hexagonal: free), Atreyu (2011, a blackletter face that is free at Lost Type), Swarm (2010, hexagonal modular face), Blackhaus (2009), a mix between Futura and Cloister Black (Morris Fuller Benton, 1904). He also made the pixelish face SWARM (2009), Tercio (2010, a pastiche slab-serif of wood&metal tendencies in his own words---fresh and different), and Camisado (2010, free humanist sans).
In 2013, he published the didone typeface family Forsyth.
Behance link. Klingspor link. [Google]
Hadrien Degay Delpeuch
Parisian designer. Behance link.
Creator of various typefaces such as Neeo (2012, avant-garde), E-Pure (2012, geometric), Pixa (2012, hexagonal), Recompose (2012), TypEra (2012), and an unnamed alchemic typeface (2012).
In 2013, Hadrian published the experimental typeface Beyond Font. [Google]
Honey and Death
Honey and Death offers free fonts designed by Mitsutoshi Nobusawa: The list: BlackoronAlp (2003), BlackoronKat, BlindfaithB (2003, experimental), BlindfaithBO, BlindfaithL, BlindfaithLO, BlindfaithO, BlindfaithR, BlindfaithRB, BlindfaithRBO, BlindfaithRL, BlindfaithRLO, BlindfaithRO, BlindfaithRR, ConnectlinePlains (2003, upright connected script), ConnectlineRail, ConnectlineSta, Constellation (2003, a planar graph), CooberBlackKat (2004, named after Cooper Black), CooberBlackOblKat, Dotline (2007, dotted line face), DotlineBold, DotlineHeavy, DotlineKat, DotlineLight, FatfontInline (2004, psychedelic), FatfontOutline, FatfontSolid, GalaxyfaceAno (2003, experimental), GalaxyfaceHirAno, GalaxyfaceHirReg, GalaxyfaceKatAno, GalaxyfaceKatReg, GalaxyfaceReg, Griffinize (2003), HoneycombOut (hexagonal), HoneycombReg (2004), HoneycombSol, Ironbeadsfont (2005), Judaslike (2006), JudaslikeBegin, JudaslikeEnd, Keymaps (2004, a dot font), KnitfontA (2005), KnitfontB, LayerfaceOutline (2003, comic book style), LayerfaceSolid, LayerfaceUnion, Lightningvolt (2005), Lovedrops (2004), MakestencilAlp (2004), MechamaruAlp (2006), MechamaruKat, Paddleface (2003, Western), RyusenHir (2003), RyusenKat, Saigi, SeizaHir (2003), SeizaKat, Skateandfont (2003), Spacy (2003, letters made of bubbles), Sparkling (2003, another planar graph), Strongcil (2003, octagonal stencil), TansanHir (2003), TansanKat, TapefontAlp (2004), TapefontAlt, TapefontKat, Westerner (2006, Western face), Zigzag (2003). Direct download of the type 1 fonts and the truetype fonts. Fontspace link. [Google]
illllli.com (was: YaFontWeb)
Yoshihide Arai's Japanese foundry which produced these free fonts from 2003-2007: Acidpunk, Aqutone Circle (only black circles), Blockbox3D, BlockboxHeay, BlockboxLigh, BlockboxMaruheay, BoxboxboxHeay, Bubble, CharacerAfro, ChildrenLigh (children's scribbles), Circle, Genjiko, Genshi, Gucle Bold, Handoo, Heainz, Hexagon (hexagonal letters), Hieroglico A, Korrekt (techno), Korrekt Oblique (techno), Majipane (kana face), Marudo (pixel face), Mimot Bold (curly), Mixertype (dings), MonolinRegular (upright script), Morphon, Newdo99 (pixel face), Nwnwn, Omocha No. 1 and No. 2 (dingbats), Rippen Regular and Bold (octagonal), Teks Bitmap, Ufons, Webicon1 (dingbats), Acidpunk. Old URL of its predecessor, YaFontWeb. Dafont link. [Google]
Ingrimayne Type (was: The Bovine Rebellion)
Ingrimayne Type was established in 1988 by Robert Schenk to sell his fonts via the web and via CDs such as the No-Hype Type CD (2500 typefaces in trueType and PostScript, with mostly original typefaces). Robert Schenk (b. 1946, Minnesota) lives in Rensselaer, IN. Before Ingrimayne, Schenk's type was distributed by Wayzata Technology. Free fonts at his site included Red Letter, Zirkle, Sallonext, Zarrow, Serpent.
Specimen book. Alternate URL.
Dingbat fonts: XPhyngern (1990, pointing fingers), XPointedDesert and XSimpleHands (1994, more fists), Schneeflaken (two snow fonts, now available as XSchneeFlaken), ComputerBugz (nice butterflies, now available as XCompuTerBuggz), Galaxies (around the theme of the sun and stars), GlitzyFlash (1990), Grandecort (1994), LeakOrLeach (1995), Baumfuss (1990), LeafMeAlone (leaves), StarsAndStripes, StarPieces, Fingers, SimpleHands, PointedDesert, IngyDing (1996, 3 dingbat fonts in the style of Zapf Dingbats; in 2010 overhauled into one 1400-ornament monster face, Ingy Ding MCD, containing smilies, arrows, Zapfian ornaments, dice, chess pieces, fists, weather dingbats, and so forth), IngyDingLeftovers.
A list of fonts:
- A: Aabced-Bold-Italic, Aabced-Bold, Aabced-Italic, Aabced-Regular, Aabced, AabcedBold, AabcedBoldItalic, AabcedExtraBold, AabcedItalic, AabcedRoman, AabcedXBold-Bold, AabcedXBold, Abagail-Regular, AbagailJackson, AccruedInterest, AcornSwash-Regular, AcornSwash, AcornSwashAltern-Regular, AcornSwashAltern, AcornSwashRoman, Accrued Interest, Albert Betenbuch (blackletter), AlbertBetenbuchExtrude, AllSmiles, AmericanMorseCodeIT, AnarckWarp, Anarckhie, AnarckhieBold, AnarckhieBoldItalic, AnarckhieDecayed, AnarckhieItalic, AnarckhieJiggled, AnarckhieRagged, AnarckhieShadow, AndrewAndreasBold, AndrewAndreasPlain, AndrewAndreasXBold, Andrew Andy College (athletic lettering), AndrewAndyKactus, AndrewAndyStencil, AndrewAndyStencilBold, AndyEight, AntsyPantsy, ArgentBobSquish, Argenta, ArgentaBobbWig, ArgentaBobbed, ArgentaBold, ArgentabObbed, Asterx-Regular, Asterx, Auldroon-Regular, Auldroon (blackletter), AndrewAndyKactus, AntsyPantsy.
- B: Baker Half (2004, an experimental hexagonally designed family), Balboat-Regular, BalboatBold, BalboatPlain, Barefoot, BaumSquiggle, Baumfuss-Regular, Baumfuss, BaumfussTwo-Regular, BaumfussTwo, BearButteTBold, BearButteTBoldItalic, BearButteTItalic, BearButteTPlain, BearButteTSpecial, BeastlyFont, Bene, BeneCryptExtrude, BeneCryptine-Regular, BeneCryptine (blackletter), BeneCryptineDistorted, BeneScriptine-Regular, BeneScriptine (blackletter), BetterEuroika, BetterEuroikaBold, BetterEuroikaBoldItalic, BetterEuroikaHybrid, BetterEuroikaHybridBold, BetterEuroikaItalic, BetterIngriana, BetterIngrianaBold, BetterIngrianaBoldItalic, BetterIngrianaHybrid, BetterIngrianaHybridBold, BetterIngrianaItalic, BetterKamp, BetterKampBold, BetterKampBoldItalic, BetterKampItalic, BetterTypeRightBold, BetterTypeRightBoldItalic, BetterTypeRightItalic, BetterTypeRightMedium, BetterTypeRightPlain, BetterTypeRightThin, BetterTypeRightThinItalic, BetterTypeRiteSpec, BetterTypeRiteSpecBold, Big-Regular, BigBottom, Bigtop-Regular, Bigtop, Bilevel, BiteOfApple, Bizaro, BizaroRES, Blockboys, Bluster Left, BobsExtraPictures, BobsStandardChess, Bouncer, Bowling, BringInTheFrowns, Brrrrr-Regular, Brrrrr, BuggyFont, BumberShoot.
- C: Cennerik-Bold, Cennerik-Regular, Cennerik, CennerikBold, CennerikEBold, CennerikExtraBold, CennerikPlain, CennerikSpiked, CennerikXBold-Bold, ChainLetterOne, ChainLetterTwo, CheckMateRES, ChessNut, ChessNutTwo, Chessterton, ChesstertonTwo, Circlet, CoffeeMug, CompassOne, CompuTerBuggz, ConcavWarp, ConcavexCaps, ConcavexCapsWave, ConcavexStepper, CoughingNails, Court-Regular, CourtGesture, CourtJesterFrizzy, CrippledFont, CuthbMangle, CuthbeNick, Cuthbert.
- D: DavidBurry, DavidFarewell, DavidFarewellBold, David Farewell Stencil, Dear John, Demotte-Bold, Demotte-Regular, Demotte, DemotteBold, DemotteWarp, Dinner-Regular, Dinner, Dottie, DrivEddie, Dschoyphul.
- E: EdsDream, EdwardEdwinBold, EdwardEdwinPlain (1994, copperplate script), Eldroon, Erkball, ErkballBold, Euroika-Bold-Italic, Euroika-Bold, Euroika-Italic, Euroika-Regular, EuroikaBold, EuroikaBoldItalic, EuroikaItalic, EuroikaKamp, EuroikaKampBold, EuroikaKampBoldItalic, EuroikaKampItalic, EuroikaRoman, Euroika, Eyebel, EyebelBold, EyebelRuff.
- F: FansiPensle (1990, connected signage script), FansiPensleBold, FansiPenslePlain, FansiPensleTwo, FansiPensleTwoBold (1990), FansiPensleTwoPlain, Febdrei, FebdreiBold, Federhozen-Bold-Italic, Federhozen-Italic, Federhozen-Regular, Federhozen, FederhozenBold, FederhozenBoldItalic, FederhozenItalic, FederhozenPlain, FeggoliteDancing, FeggoliteDancingItalic, FeggoliteHatched, FeggoliteKeyed, FeggoliteMonoBold, FeggoliteMonoPlain, FeggoliteRuffled, Fezdaz, Fishhook, FiveOhOne, FiveOhTwo, FlagDayFour, FlagDayOne, FlagDayThree, FlagDayTwo, Fly High, FlyHighBold, FlyHighBoldItalic, FlyHighItalic, ForTheBirds, FourJuly, FourJulyG, FourJulyH, Framo-Regular.
- G: GLitzy, GLitzyBarbed, GLitzyPlain-Regular, GLitzyStripe, GLitzyVStriped, Galexica-Bold-Italic, Galexica-Bold, Galexica-Italic, Galexica-Regular, Galexica, GalexicaBold, GalexicaBoldItalic, GalexicaExtraBold, GalexicaItalic, GalexicaMono-Bold, GalexicaMono-Regular, GalexicaMono, GalexicaMonoBold, GalexicaMonoPlain, GalexicaPlain, GalexicaXBold-Bold, GlitzyCurl-Regular, GlitzyCurl, GlitzyFlash-Regular, GlitzyFlash, GlitzyJewel-Regular, GlitzyJewel, Gothamburg (blackletter), GothamburgBold, GothamburgShadowed, GothicHorror, GothicRock, GranCanaries, GrancMitSripes, GrandecortBold, GrandecortHoly, GrandecortMedium, GrandecortShadow, GretchenHelloBold, GretchenHelloPlain, Grundee.
- H: Hammered, HandanaBold, HandanaPlain, HandmadeFont, HeartMatrixed, Hermainita, HermainitaBold, HermainitaPlain, HeyPumkin, HippityDippityBold, HippityDippityInline, HippityDippityPlain.
- I: IanSegoe, IggoliteMono, IngBurried, IngDingLeftover, Ingone, IngoneSaw, IngoneShadow, IngrianEuroikHybrid, IngrianEuroikHybridBold, IngrianEuroikaH, IngrianEuroikaHBold, IngrianEuroikaHBoldItalic, IngrianEuroikaHItalic, Ingriana, IngrianaBold, IngrianaBoldItalic, IngrianaCasual, IngrianaCasualBold, IngrianaCasualBoldItalic, IngrianaCasualItalic, IngrianaCasualPlain, IngrianaExtraBold, IngrianaItalic, IngrianaPlain, IngyArrows, IngyArrowsTwo, IngyDingThree, IngyDings, InsideLetters, InternationalMorseCodeIT, IrritationOne, IrritationTwo.
- J: JabcedHy, JabcedHyBold, JabcedHyBoldItalic, JabcedHyItalic, JasperSqueeze, JasperSqueezeBold, JasperSqueezeBoldItalic, JasperSqueezeEB, JasperSqueezeEBItalic, JasperSqueezeItalic, JenneriCurved, Jennerik, JennerikBold, JennerikExtraBold, JennerikInfml-Bold, JennerikInfml, JennerikInfmlBold, JennerikInfmlExtraBold, JennerikInfmlPlain, JennerikInfmlXBold, JennerikRoman, Jester, JesterRES (Tuscan), JesterTwo (Tuscan), Jestres, JetJanBoldItalicGray, JetJaneButton, JetJaneMonoBold, JetJaneMonoBoldItalic, JetJaneMonoCapsBold, JetJaneMonoCapsPlain, JetJaneMonoCapsThin, JetJaneMonoItalic, JetJaneMonoPlain, JetJaneMonoThinBook, JetJaneMonoThinItalic.
- K: KampFriendshipBold, KampFriendshipBoldItalic, KampFriendshipItalic, KampFriendshipPlain, KampIngrianaH, KampIngrianaHBold, KampIngrianaHBoldItalic, KampIngrianaHItalic, KampIngrianaHybrid, KampIngrianaHybridBold, KampRipple, Karlisbad, KiddyChessFont, KlipJoint, Knaudens-Regular, Knaudens, Kneebls, KneeblsBold, KneeblsExtruded, KneeblsPlain, KneeblsRuffled, KneeblsThin, KnewFont, KnewFontBold, KnewFontJagged, KnewFontPlain, KnewFontWaisted, KnewFontWaistedBold, KnightMares, KolSpotted, KolStriped, KolkFizzy, Kolkman-Bold, KolkmanDimly, KolkmanGray, KolkmanShatter, KolkmanStriped, Kwersity, KwersityBold, KwersityWider, KwersityWiderBold, Kwodsity, KyhotaBarbed, KyhotaOne, KyhotaTwo.
- L: LaserTrain, LaserTrainBold, LastBigFling, LastBigFlingBold, LastMinuteChess, Laudens, LeakorLeach, LeakorLeachLeft, LeefMeAlone, LeefMeAloneHoles, LeekorLeech, Letrinth, LetterTrain-Regular, LetterTrain, LetterTrainBold, LetterTrainBoldItalic, LetterTrainItalic, LetterTrainPlain, Lettergical (1994, blackletter with Lombardic capitals), LettergicalWave, LetunicalBold, LetunicalInline, LetunicalNormal, LetunicalShadow, LetunicalWarp, Library-Italic, Library-Regular, Life After College (2008, athletic lettering family), LineDrive, LineDriveBold, LineDriveOutlined, LineDrivePlain, LineDriveShadow.
- M: MITuscan, MMCheckered, MMDrawings, MMPattern, Mangaled, Masheen (1990, octagonal font), MasheenBold, MasheenConvicted, MasheenFlag, MasheenIIID, MasheenOutlined, MatthewTwo, MattsFastFont, MedicineShelf, MedievalGunslinger, MedievalGunslingerShadow, Minimalist-Regular, Minimalist, Minniesoda, MinniesodaBold, Modsten-Bold, Modsten-Regular, Modsten (stencil, 1990), ModstenBold, ModstenRoman, MoreTexture, MousyFont, MushmellowBold, MushmellowCactus, MushmellowOutline, MushmellowPlain, MuskitosCaps, MuskitosCapsShadDown, Myhota, MyhotaBarbed, MyhotaBold, MyhotaHatched, MyhotaHatchedBold, MyhotaPlain, MyhotaWithSpikes.
- N: NailsNStaples, NairobiNormal, NeedALilly, NerdishHex, NerdishHexBold, Neu Altisch (blackletter), NeuAltischBold, NeuAltischGray, NeuAltischPlain, NeuAltischShadLeft, NeuAltischShadow, NeuAltischWormEaten, NeuropolMedium, NewLaudens, NewLibrary, NewLibraryItalic, NewNerdShadowed, NewNerdishBold, NewNerdishPlain, NewNerdishThin, NoPainRight, NoPainRightBold, NopainLeft, NopainLeftBold.
- O: OakParkAve, OakParkAvePlain, OakParkBlvdPlain, OakParkExtruded, OakParkSpeckled, OakParkSquaRe, OakParkZiggy, OakParksTripped, Old Harold Ree (1992, a modification of PhederFract, which was a calligraphic fraktur face also by Schenk), OldHaroldReeBold, OldHaroldReePlain, Onyon (1997).
- P: PastedWarp, PattyDay, PawnShop, Pedestrian, PencilFat, PencilIn, PencilOut, PensleCaligraf-Bold, PensleCaligraf-Regular, PensleCaligraf, PensleCaligrafBold, PensleCaligrafPlain, PeterPierreBold, PeterPierreCondensed, PeterPierrePlain, PeterPierreXBold, Pheder Frack (blackletter), PhederFrackBold, PhederFrackDtsh, PhederFrackDtshBold, PhederFrackDtshThin, PhederFrackPlain, PhederFrackShadowed, PhederFrackThin, PhrackCack, PhrackSle, PhrackSleBold, PhrackSlePlain, Phraxtured (blackletter), PhraxturedDeutsch, PhraxturedPlain, PhraxturedShadowed, Phyngern, Pigknot, PigknotBold, PlainPensle, PlainPensleBold, PlainPensleBoldItalic, PlainPensleItalic, PlainPenslePlain, PlainPensleXBold, PlainPensleXBoldItalic, Porker, PorkerGrey, PutMyFootDown, Pzytupid.
- Q: Qualettee, QualetteeBold, QualetteeMedium, Quatsity, Quidic, QuidicHatched, QuidicHoley, QuidicItalic, QuidicRoman, QuidicShotUp, Quirtly, Qwatick (1992), QwatickBold, QwatickPlacard.
- R: Ranger (1996, octagonal), RangerWider, Rankensteen, Rataczak-Regular, RataczakBold, RataczakBoldItalic, RataczakCandied, RataczakCondItalic, RataczakCondPlain, RataczakExtraBold, RataczakItalic, RataczakRoman, RataczakSwash, Rauchens, Razephu, Red-Regular, RedLetter, Renslaer, RoomingHouse, Rosary, RosaryBold, RoundUp, RoundUpBold, RoundUpShadow, RoundWhy, RoundWhyBold, RummageSaleOne, Rumpled, RundigPencilBold, RundigPencilMedium, RundigPencilNormal, Rundigsburg (1994), RundigsburgBold, RundigsburgMedium, RundigsburgPlain, RundigsburgShadowLeft, RundigsburgShadowRight.
- S: SafetyPinned, Salloon, SalloonAStripe, SalloonCracked, SalloonHStripe, SalloonStripeBottom, SalloonStripeEnds, SalloonStripeMiddle, SalloonStriped, Saloon-Regular, SaloonExt, SaloonFrilled, Sansville, SansvilleBold, SarahfSlob, SarahfSlobItalic, SchneeFlaken, SchneeFlakenTwo, Screwged, Sdrawkcab-Regular, Sdrawkcab, Seasick, SeasickBold, SeasickMirror, SeasickMirrorBold, SeasonsGreetings, SeederChess, SeederChessSmall, Sergury, Serpent-Regular, ShadyCharacters, ShirlyUJest, SimpleChessFont, Sirpent, Skagwae, SkagwaeMono, Skigway, SkwareDots, SlimpiSquares, SmokeHausShadow, SmokeHaus (1998), SmokeHouseRough, SmokeHouseShatter, SmokeHouseWave, Spicandspan, SquiggleRES, SquiggleRESBold, Stamper, Substance, SusiScript, SusiScriptBold, SusiScriptPlain, Swanville-Regular, Swanville, Swirlity, SwirlityBold, SwirlityScript, SwirlityText.
- T: Tescellations (2012), Tessie Dingies (2012), TOCinRings, TRGrunge, Tacky (2005), Talloween, TapedUp, Teapot (1999), Teethee, TexturesOne, TiedUp, Tieroh, TierohBold, TierohSans, TierohSansBold, Tinkerer, TiredOfCourier, TiredOfCourierBold, TiredOfCourierBoldItalic, TiredOfCourierItalic, TiredOfCourierPlain, TiredOfCourierThin, TiredOfCourierThinItalic, ToothBrush, TootsieBold, TuskcandyBold, TuskcandyInline, TuskcandyPlain, Twigglee-Regular, Twigglee (1990, inspired by the hand lettering on the plates in a 19th century book on ornaments by Owen Jones), TwiggleeBold, TwiggleePlain, TwiggleeWarped, TwoTonedStoned.
- U: UUeirdieBold, UUeirdieRoman, UUeirdieWarp, Unikled, UnikledBold, UnikledPlain, UnikledSpotted, UnivoxAtomLight, UpsideDown, UrbanScrawl.
- V: ValManGal, Valenteena, ValenteenaBroken, ValentinaContour, Valentine-Regular, Valgal, ValgalBold, Vglee, VunderScriptBold, VunderScriptPlain.
- W: WalcomeOne, WalcomeOneBold, Watchmaker, WatchmakerBold, WaterCloset, WaterWorksCaps (1992), WaterWorksCaps-Bold, WaterWorksCaps-Regular, WaterWorksCapsBold, WaterWorksCapsPlain, WeirdChessFont, Wetetque (1991, an all caps multiline family), WetetqueBold, WetetquePlain (1991), Whichit, WhichitBold, WhichitTwo, WhichitTwoBold, WrenchedLetters, WurstCactus, WurstHassen, WurstchenDotted, WurstchenOutlined, WurstchenSplatted, WyomingMacroni, WyomingMacroniPegged, WyomingMacroniShadRight, WyomingMacroniShadowed, Wyoming Pastad (1994, Western slab face), WyomingPastadShadLeft, WyomingPastadShadowed, WyomingSpaghettiBold, WyomingSpaghettiPlain, Wyoming Strudel (Far West type).
- X: XBobsExtraPictures, XBobsStandardChess, XChessNut, XChessNutTwo, XChesstertonTwo, XCompuTerBuggz, XGalaxies, XGalaxyOne, XIngDingLeftover, XIngyArrows, XIngyArrowsBetween, XIngyArrowsTwo, XIngyDingIII, XIngyDingTwo, XIngyDings, XInterntnlMorseCodeIT, XKiddyChessFont, XKnightMares, XLaserTrainBold, XLaserTrainPlain, XLastMinuteChess, XLeef Me Alone (leaf dingbats), XMMCheckered, XMMDrawings, XMMPattern, XMattsAnimalsOne, XMoreTexture, XPatColumRow, XPatCzeckerz, XPawnShop, XPhyngern (fists), XPointedDesert, XRoomingHouse, XSchneeFlaken (1995), XSchneeFlaken, XSchneeFlakenTwo, XSeederChess, XSeederChessSmall, XSimpleHands, XStarPieces, XStarsAndStripesOne, XStarsAndStripesTwo, XStellaStern, XStellaSternBright, XSternStellaNight, XTexturesOne, Xahosch, Xaltid, XaltidBold, XaltidPlain. The X fonts are predominantly dingbats.
- Y: YahoschBold, YahoschMedium, YahoschPlain, YahoschWormy, YngreEBStripe, Yngreena, YngreenaBold, YngreenaBoldItalic, YngreenaExtraBold, YngreenaItalic, YngreenaPlain, Youbee, YoubeeBold, YoubeeBoldItalic, YoubeeItalic, YoubeeShadow.
- Z: Zarrow-Regular, Zarrow, ZcriptBold, ZcriptPlain, Zebraw, ZebrawOS, ZimpleBlack, ZirkStressed, ZirkleOne-Bold, ZirkleOne-Regular, ZirkleOne, ZirkleOneBold, ZirkleOneRoman, ZumbelsburgBold, Zumbelsburg (blackletter, 1996).
Klingspor link. Dafont link. Abstract Fonts link.
View Robert Schenk's typefaces. View Ingrimayne's typeface library. [Google]
Ivan Villag&ocute;mez Ramos
Ivan Villagomez Ramos (a student of Graphic Design at the UVM Querétaro, Mexico) and Led Factory (also in Querétaro) codesigned the rhombic typeface Lorentz (2012). [Google]
[Marmelade Jam Creative]
Manchester, UK-based designer of Honey Stuckle (2010), a font based upon hexagons found in beehives. [Google]
Swiss type designer at Fontnest who designed these fonts: Crux (a gothic bitmap font), Keytype, Frankental (LED simulation), Padsans (dot matrix), Padtype (dot matrix), Multitool (a dingbat font with firemen's tools), Hexagonipus (a kitchen tile font based on lettering on Spitfires), Code. Cofounder of Home Clothing in Switzerland and Canada. [Google]
Graphic designer in Manchester, UK, who made Geometric Type (2010, hexagonal), Simplicity Type (2012, hairline sans) and Natural Influences (2010), and who adores black and white. [Google]
Janique Le Bail
Janique Le Bail (Jellygraphers, London, UK) created Tense (2013, a connect-the-dots typeface), Captain (2013, a modular heavy italic) and Antheor (2013, a hexagonal typeface).
Behance link. [Google]
Los Angeles-based designer of the boomerang-themed typeface xFont (2013), of the hexagonal typeface Buzz (2013), and of the experimental typeface Halvesvetica (2013). [Google]
Ex-student from the University of Toledo, b. 1971. Creator of the flamed dingbat and alphading fonts J-Flames (2011), Up In Flames (2008), Up In Flames Too (2008), Up No Flames (2008), Flames VI (2007), Flames V (2007), Gothic Flames (2007), Roman Flames (2009), Flames IV (2007), Flamesiii (2006, blackletter), Flames 2 (2006), Flames (2005), Bensch Gothic (2008), Bensch Gothic Flames (2008). PHuture (2008) breaks with his style and is a high-contrast rounded LED simulation face made in 2008.
Typefaces from 2010-2011: What UP (2011, gridded), Headshot (2011), PHUTUREphlamesPHAST (2011), PHUTUREphlames (2011), Gothferatu (2010, a spiky tattoo parlour blackletter face), Skyline (2010), Hexcellent (2011).
Typefaces from 2012: Fontmageddon.
Dafont link. [Google]
[Jeff Levine: Alf R. Becker fonts]
Jeff Levine: Alf R. Becker fonts
Jeff Levine created a number of typefaces that were based on alphabets created by the late Alf R. Becker for Signs of the Times Magazine during the period of the 1930s through the 1950s. These incude Film Noir JNL (2010, counterless geometric art deco style), Hexide JNL (2011, a fat hexagonal design), Kanona JNL (2010), Karaoke JNL (2010), Mocombo JNL (2010, African look), Nightspot JNL (2011, an art deco headline face), Patriotica JNL (2011, a stars and stripes face), Police JNL (2010, caps only 3d shadow face after a design by Alf R. Becker), Roadblock JNL (2011), Tradewinds JNL (2010, African look), Udsed Cars (2010, comic book style caps). [Google]
Bachelor's student in the Digital Arts & Design program at Full Sail University in Orlando, FL. Creator of the hexagonal paper-fold typeface JOVI (2012). [Google]
Julia Martínez Diana
Designer in Surabaya, Indonesia, who made Triangle (2012), a thin purely geometric typeface, and Javanese Font (2012, a typeface inspired by a traditional Javanese font called Aksara Jawa or Hanacaraka).
Behance link. [Google]
Graphic designer in Milton Keynes, UK. He created Hexagon (2011). [Google]
[Lamatas un Slazdi]
Lamatas un Slazdi
Design studio, est. 1999 in Riga, Latvia. They are doing some type design under the guidance of Kristians Sics, aka Chris Lamatas. No sales or downloads as far as I can tell. Kristians Sics (b. 1961, Riga), who studied at the Art Academy of Latvia, now lives in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, where he is a graphic designer and illustrator. In 2010, Sics established the commercial foundry Lamatas un Slazdi. Typefaces (from 2010 or just before 2010): Creations from 2011: Aramara Chromatic (+Base, + Engraved). [Google]
A cooperative (est. 2011) of four designers in Queretaro, Mexico. Behance link. Creators of the display typeface Vandatt (2012).
Ivan Villagomez Ramos (a student of Graphic Design at the UVM Querétaro, Mexico) and Led Factory codesigned the rhombic typeface Lorentz (2012). [Google]
Madeleine Skjelland Eriksen
Graphic design student at Westerdals School of Communication in Oslo. Creator of a nice typographic logo called Reach (2010). She also created a high-contrast art deco face called Salonfähig (2010), the high-contrast Peignotian face Poirot in 2011, and the Norse experimental face Nørn (2011).
In 2012, Madeleine designed the hexagonal Etern typeface family.
Behance link. [Google]
Magique Fonts (was: Cpr. Sparhelt)
Bálint Koczman (aka Cpr. Sparhelt, and Magique Fonts) is the Hungarian designer (b. 1992) of free fonts (from 2008 onwards, as Cpr. Sparhelt, or as Magique Fonts) and commercial fonts (from 2012 onwards), and he is located in Puspokhatvan, Hungary:
- Dolen Taith (2012).
- Teitheas (2012: tattoo font). A gothic blackletter pair of typefaces.
- Gotique (2012).
- Razalgur (2011), Font GF (2011, handprinted), One Dance (2011, the engraved American dollar bill face), Sweet Lady (2011, cursive script), Clean Work (2011, stencil), Ancient God.
- Future West (2010, Western face), Hexatus (2010, hexagonal).
- Old Stamper (2009, grungy stencil), Top Secret (2009, army stencil), Floral Dawn (2009), Origicide (2009), Splincide (2009), This is Electronik (2009), Infinity Media (2009), Capture It (2009, grunge), Younger Than Me (2009, grunge), New York City (2009, skyline-themed letters), Electroinsanity (2009), Need for Font (2009, futuristic), Duplexide (2009), Veteran Typewriter (2009).
- Niiiii-trous (2008, heavy square font), Urban&Slick (2008, graffiti lettering), District (2008, grunge), Times New Halftone, Times Old Attic (2008), Jigga Jigga (2008), Capture It (2008, grunge) and Most Wasted (2008, graffiti).
Catalog as of 2011: i, ii, iii.
Dafont link for Magique Fonts. Klingspor link. Abstract Fonts link. [Google]
Manuel Eduardo Corradine
München-based designer of the triangular grid-based typeface Triangle (2012), of Lofty Alphabet (2012) and of the modular typeface Alego (2012).
In 2013, Manuel created Future 8.
Behance link. [Google]
German designer of the modular hexagonal face Coldplate (2011), Splinter (2011, with a hint of art nouveau), I Like (2011---my favorite--a rounded monoline display face and an accompanying bilined typeface), and The Quick (2011). Behance link. Logo. Pic. [Google]
During her studies at ECV Aquitaine, this graphic designer from Bordeaux created the hexagonal grid typeface Cubick (2012).
Behance link. [Google]
During her studies in Rennes, France, Marie Dubois designed the hexagonal typeface Ruches (2013).
Behance link. [Google]
Graphic designer who studied at the School of Visual Arts in New York City. Creator of the monster-inspired typeface Aaahh (2012), and of Hexaface (2012). [Google]
Marmelade Jam Creative
Marmelade Jam Creative in manchester, UK, is Jackie Williams. Creator of the hexagonal typeface Honey Stuckle (2013). [Google]
Slovak painter and illustrator, b. 1888, Kostoliste, d. 1971, Malacky. He is regarded as the founder of Modernist 20th century Slovak painting. His typefaces include a hexagonal typeface from 1956, and a stone-chiseled typeface from the 1940s.
Lubomir Longauer wrote Martin Benka, the first designer of the Slovak National Myth. [Google]
Santa Fe, NM-based designer of Hexagono (2011), a hexagonal grid face. He also made the ultra-condensed MSE (2011). [Google]
Student at Northern Michigan University. FontStructor who made Dimensional (2011), a 3d-face with a hexagonal design. [Google]
[Honey and Death]
An hexagonal typeface at Monotype called Basque. Origins unclear. [Google]
Mostafa El Abasiry
Alexandria, Egypt-based creator of Aqlaam (2012, Arabic), Falak (2012, Arabic typeface), Ahlan (2012, Arabic typeface), the hairline Arabic typeface Khayal (2012), the fat octagonal typeface PolyFont (2012), the corporate face Tasreeh (2012), the comics book font Nokta (2012), Ekleel (2012), Friendo (2012), Retro Town (2012, free demo), and the pixel faces Kufigraph (2012), Raqami (2012) and Pixelogist (2012).
Arabic typefaces made in 2013: Fekrah, Fenoon (square Kufic style).
Creative Market link. Dafont link. Behance link. [Google]
Graphic and type design studio founded in Cubjac, France by Olivier Gourvat in 2004 and located in Cubjac, France. Olivier Gourvat originally worked as a graphic designer for various agencies, producing artwork, brands, corporate publicities and print layouts. He later joined the team at Chronicle Editions to create image content, cover designs, illustrations and maps for numerous books on the history of the twentieth century. Following his printing experience, he pursued web design and interactive web functions, founding a website company with three associates in 1999.
Typefaces: Sofia (2009; a great sans family which includes a hairline weight), Sofia Pro (2012), Hexagon, Microbia, Bucharest, Interval (Condensed, Sans: images of Interval Sans: i, ii, iii, iv), Neolux (experimental), Riga (sans family), Visoko (striped; Visoko is a playful, geometric typeface inspired by post-modern fonts designed by Mecanorma in the 80s), Glamwords (2009, a 1970's glitter style face), Mozziano (2009, purely geometric), UNIcod Sans Pro (2010, a techno sans family), Kyrial Display Pro (2011, a mini-serifed sans family).
In 2012, Olivier Gourvat designed the flared typeface family Kara which was inspired by Basque (Euskaran).
MyFonts link. Behance link. Klingspor link. Images of some of Olivier Goyrvat's commercial typefaces. [Google]
Turkish illustrator and graphic designer who lives in Istanbul. A graduate of Hacettepe University in Ankara, Mustafa Kural has llustrated many children's books for different publishing houses during his student years. He created the compass and ruler custom face Girginler (2011). Tintotype (2011) is an experimental geometric typeface for posters and motion graphics. It comes with an interesting subfont called Tintotype Icons.
In 2012, he created Petek (2012, hexagonal typeface).
Behance link. Cargo Collective link. [Google]
MyFonts: Hexagonal typefaces
MyFonts selection for hexagonal typefaces. [Google]
Graphic design student in Cardiff, UK, who created the thin hexagonal typeface Lost in Lunar (2012) during her studies. [Google]
Cheney, WA-based designer of these typefaces: Arthuriel (medieval), Berkyspex (techno), BeviaGrowth (experimental), Brenin (unicase uncial), Brickfun (pixel), Bywater (uncial), Cheetah (fat display), Cipher (octagonal), Crown (uncial), Delivar, Drive, Drumsage, Efficient, Fanghorne (uncial), Figbead, Gaelothic (celtic), Galiden, Handshake (lego style), Havinoth (uncial), Humolion (experimental), Knowledge (indic simulation), Lancaster (indic simulation), Neoxidan, Nightime (uncial), Ockiahex (hexagonal), Paradox, Parfiche, Piecemeal, Pickel (pixel), Providian (uncial), Realight (fun experimental), Reliner (indic simulation), Rhubarb, Ribbon, Rimvet, Runestick (runes), Sageight, Skipfrog, Subrail, Toystack (pixel), Umbrella (clean geometric face), Valifas (uncial), Webgura, Westmarch. I assume that most faces were done in 2004-2005. [Google]
Michal Nowak (b. 1994, aka Neoqueto) is the Koszalin, Poland-based designer who used FontStruct in 2009 to make the horizontal stripe face Mastercore (+Laddered), Cut The Paper (arched face), Vision Division (techno), Axis (condensed pixel face), PixelIconix (emoticons), Mionta (2010, futuristic; FontStruct), Stencil 4000 (2010, FontStruct), Auricom (futuristic), Vision Of Division, the broken marble face Sector 017 (grunge---followed in 2011 by Sector 034), Tetraminos, Sinclair Logo, the beveled Mekotek, Pictograms Audio, and the extended square face Mechion.
In 2010, he created the computer game fonts ET Pixel Mark 1, 2 and 3, as well as the techno fonts Sinclair Logo, 4KSTNCL (techno stencil), LDR Dream (futuristic), LDR HAET (counterless), LDR#3, LDR#6, LDR Manufacture (circle-based geometric face), DOT/LED Scope and DOT/LED Illumination. Monolithic is modular to the extreme. Safe Plastelina (2010) is a soft experimental face.
In 2011, he added LDR Hexatron, LDR #8, Sector 034, Microfuture (octagonal sci-fi face) and Hexample LDR (hexagonal).
Typefaces from 2013: Walker Bot LDR, Synthek LDR, Kleen Blades LDR, Scary Glyphs & Nice Characters, LDR#1, nakki LDR, Tegma, Segment Rush LDR, LDR Hextaron, LDR Kaet, Spray Me (stencil), Terminal LDR, Proto LDR, Sampa LDR, Kasual Blocks LDR, Drum and Bass LDR, Pink Has Gone Extinct, Darktech LDR (stencil face), Affection LDR, Hextremum LDR, Hexotic LDR.
Most of his typefaces are modular and can be categorized as techno or sci-fi.
Dafont link. Abstract Fonts link. [Google]
Polish graphic designer who is based in Krakow. Nina is exploring geometric concepts such as in her Alfabetczi White (2012), Teleport (2011, monoline hexagonal), in her Stripes typeface (2010), in Do Not Cut (2011), in CLN 3000 ID (2011), in the multiline face Pink Twist Alphabet (2011), in the handprinted poster face Bambi Letters (2011), and in Garaz (2011). Ksavery (2011) is an architectural typeface designed for the logo of the Krakow School of Art and Fashion Design's blog.
In 2012, she created the alchemic typeface Keep Going.
Fruits of the Forest (2013) is an alchemic typeface family.
Home page. Home page. [Google]
FontStructor who made these fonts in 2012: Pearl in the oyster, Hexagon, Quinquepuncta, TI Font, Kingdom Hearts DS Gameplay (pixel face), Curved 5x5, Diamond in the rough, Modern 17 Segment Display (LED face). [Google]
The beautiful typographic designs by Patrycja Zywert (High Wycombe, United Kingdom) include her paperclip logo (2009) and Avocado (2009), and the hexagonal / 3d face Foster (2010) created to celebrate architect Norman Foster. More ornamental art. [Google]
Winchester, UK-based graphic designer. Creator of the hexagonal typeface family Geometry. (2012). [Google]
Q-BO is the foundry of Carlos Matteoli, a type designer, b. 1980, from Santiago del Estero, Argentina.
Old URL. Fontspace link. Dafont link. Home page. Behance link. Klingspor link. His typefaces, both free and commercial:
- Complex (2012). A heavy slab serif.
- Djs Symbols (2011). A scanbat font of famous disc jockeys.
- Q-Bo (2011) is a fat face in which each glyph occupies a perfect square.
- 2Lines (2011) is a squarish bilined caps face.
- Equ (2011).
- Ovnis (2011, a flying saucer dingbat face).
- Voker (2011, +Rounded: a techno family) and Basica (2011; +Basica 2.0, 2012), Teio (2011), Sistema (2011), Ameba (2011) and Abix (2011) are techno faces.
- Bim (2011) is an outlined techno face. It was followed in 2012 by Bim Eroded.
- Hexa (2011) is an experimental hexagonal face.
- Cable (2011) is an experimental face.
- Crakos (2011) is slightly grungy.
- Kram (2011, +Espaciada) is a rounded techno / sci-fi / stencil face.
- Spac3 (2011, a sci-fi all caps face), Spac3 Halftone (2012), Spac3 Destroyed (2011), Spac3 Neon (2011), and Spac3 Tech (2011, a tech stencil face).
- Digital (2011), Digital Cognitive (2011) and Digital Tech (2011): semi-pixelized.
- Bim (2011).
- Djs Symbols (2012). A scanbat of disc jockeys.
- Plig (2012) and Plig Nova (2012). An avant garde family.
- Capital (2012). A squarish all caps typeface.
- Zuber (2012), Zuber Stone (2012, a heavy chiseled textured typeface), and Zuber Future (2012, a fat counterless octagonal typeface).
- Orena (2012). A squarish caps-only typeface.
- Complex (2012). A block-serifed all caps typeface.
- Plig Nova (2012).
- Amirox (2012). A fat counterless typeface.
- Basica Industrial (2012). An industrial grunge face.
- Zian (2012). A fat rounded sans.
- Complex Bruja (2012).
- Voker Baxer (2012).
- Oxin (2012), Oxin Army (2013, stencil), Oxin Brush (2013).
- Moiser (2013), Moiser Techno (2013, counterless), and Heavy Moiser (2013). A purely geometric sans.
- Argentina (2013). A copperplate style caps face, possibly created after a national soccer team lettering style.
- Rixon (2013). A mechanical octagonal typeface.
- Gtek (2013). A sci-fi face.
British creator of the experimental hexagonal typeface Triso (2008). [Google]
Designer in Florence, Italy. He created the ornamental caps faces Mekkanika (2011) and Brushwood (2011). In 2012, he added the beautiful 3d cube face Hexahedra and the beveled typeface Embossy. [Google]
Archive with: ClowningWayText-Condensed (Imageline), the following fonts by Yoshiyasu Ito of DigitalDreamDesign: D3-Concretism-typeA, D3-Concretism-typeB, D3-Cubism, D3-CuteBitMapism-TypeA, D3-CuteBitMapism-TypeB, D3-Electronism, D3-Electronism-Katakana, D3-Honeycombism, D3-Honeycombism-Bold, D3-Honeycombism-Sorround, D3-Littlebitmapism-Katakana, D3-Mouldism-Katakana, D3-Parallelism; Faerie (Scriptorium dingbats), Freecityrhyme (Bradford Cox, 2000), Freekitten (Bradford Cox, 2000), Hiragana-Regular, Japanese, Kemuri (Toxic Type, 1997), LittleTroubleGirlBV, MotterFemD, RetroBatsOne, ROTORkeffBold, ROTORkeffRoundedBold, ROTORkeffRounded, ROTORkeff (all ROTOR fonts by Jonas Petersson of ROTORtype), Setsama (by Amanda, 2000: cat dingbats), Sumdumgoi (Mike Allard), UniCase (squarish font by Jacky Frossard, 1999), Bit4 (pixel font by Magnus Högberg, 2000), DFFangSong1B-GB, PrincessBV, RotodesignDingbats, Silkscreen, Valium, Velvet (by Faizal Reza, Squirtgun, 1997, based on URW's KunstlerschreibschD-Medi). [Google]
[Ingrimayne Type (was: The Bovine Rebellion)]
[Bagel & Co]
Visual communication student at the University of Kansas. Creator of a hexagonal typeface called Steipe (2012) that was inspired y the architecture in Trier, Germany.
Behance link. [Google]
Japanese designer. FontStructor who made these typefaces in 2012: Curled Angle, Hexa0, Pieces 32, Reach4, Circlepop, Lie Down, 38 Segment (dot matrix), Crystallize (hexagonal), Lain Bow, Thimple, Cyberbuild (contrasted octagonal), Guillowindow. [Google]
Japanese FontStructor who made Iain Bow (2012, squarish), Crystallize (2012, hexagonal), and 38 Segment (2012, LED font). [Google]
Designer and illustrator in Barcelona, aka Xato. Behance link.
Creator of the spiky hexagonal typeface Uglymann (2012).
Dafont link. [Google]
During her studies iun Graphic Communication at Atrium, Glamorgan Uni in Cardiff, Sara cane designed the hexagonal otline typeface Busking in Berlin (2012). [Google]
Bauru, Brazil-based creator of the hexagonal typeface Hexa (2012). [Google]
Graphic designer in Vienna, who made an interesting tile system and font called Letterhex (2012). The result is a set of tiles or modules which can be used to generate a large variety of ornaments or words. Behance link. [Google]
Designer in Bauru, Brazil, who made the bilined typeface Black Coma (2012), the hexagonal typeface Tumma (2012), the alchemic typeface Phy (2012) and the fun Monster Type (2012, vector format). [Google]
SignDNA is run by Dave Simpson. Commercial sign and display fonts, including many scripts, often by Dave Simpson himself. Other designers:
- Bob Behounek made ChicagoStyle, NewCity, SantaFe, KedzieLite, Heading Script, Pravda Casual, Pulaski Script, Archer. (This must be in error--there is a contradiction between the web page and the information in the fonts.) In the latest page, these fonts are credited to "Behounek". I can't follow this.
- Paul Martin made Caz Fat, El Sid, Journeyman, WarBird (great signature-type font), RaceCarChisel, FastEddie, Squirt (upright, calligraphic).
- Wm. J. Krupinski designed Bill's Holiday, Cube a Rama, Toon Copy, Med Ved, Toon Block.
- Dan Antonelli created the 3-d fonts Banner Priz, Corinne, Lori Slant, Nicole, Tommy B, Rocinante, Zak, Prizmatic Numbers.
- Mike Stevens made Magic, Stix, Happy Script, Master, ArRoyo, Tahoe, Staton, BigSur, DuVall, BigRed, BigMedicine, Tenor, Phoenix, Vasona.
- Jack Wills made Nitro, Whoa, Brougham, Kreem, Buzz, Daffy Script, Hot Rod, Matilda, Jules Shado, Jules, Brave Heart, Monterey Script, Mr. Charles, Newmann, Nitro, Woah.
- Tramp Designs (Tramp Warner) made Eurolian (techno), Grafix (techno), Metal, Radical, Ripped, Salza, Sawblade, Starbound, Straight Laced, Tramp and Victory.
- Kirby Stafford made Big Boy (2001), Lowered, Pencil Stroke and Whoop T Do.
- Ray Larabie made Mecheria, Silentina, Soap, Tank, Zosma Bold, and Zosma Lite.
- Gary Godby made Monika (script).
- House fonts (by Dave Simpson, I guess): Amazing Grace, American Eagle, Amps, Ands, Andy, Auction Block, Autographic, Automat, Aztec, Banner Heavy, Banner Long n Lean, Big Cheese, Big Kiss, BuckShot, Bull Frog, Bulletin Black, Cadet, CopsRobbers, Crown Title, CrownTitle Priz Wide, Cut Out Script, Daytona Script, Dave the Wave, Deco Roman, Denny, Denny Bold, Dogwood, Downtown, Dragonfly, FiveCents, Golden Eagle, Half Dome Block, Half Dome Script, Heaven, Hell, Hex, Hillbilly Opteamaw, HogWort, Huckelberry, Jade, Kaylon, kaylon Heavy, Lone Wolf, Loose Spokes, los Pintores, Lumax, Lynewood Crakd, Mac, Marcel Dubo, Marcel Jones, Marker Magic, Marvels Navel, Medicine Hat, Miss Kitty, Monika, Nelson ShoCard, Nelson ShoCard Fat, Neon, Neon Script, Neon Tubes, O'Daly, Picasso, Playground, Race Car Casual, Race Way, Raceway Priz, Rosebud, Santa Cruz, Savage, Scriptboy, Shakey Jake, Shoefly, Slope, Smoothy, Snappy, Snappy Thin, Space Patrol, Spatz, Spatz HiLite, Speed Stroke, Street Rod, Stringline, Strout, Sundowner, Swing, Tank, Taylor Caz, Thin Man, Thin Man Bold, Tug Boat, Tys Optimus, Waldo, Woody.
Note: Nick Curtis: Dave Simpson purchased the rights to [Nick Curtis's] Creampuff for $167, and has been selling it for the past 11 years or so as Waldo. [Google]
Creator (b. 1989, UK) of Pixel Twist (2013, pixel face), Prime (2012, an experimental hexagonal typeface) and Blocked Out (2012). Inkie Block (2012) and Urban Curve (2013) are other geometric experiments. [Google]
FontStructor who made Hexagonal Dots (2012). [Google]
Owen Dawson (b. 1970, Scunthorpe, UK) initially created exclusively free typefaces. late in 2012, he went commercial via MyFonts.
Typefaces made in 2013: Prometheus, Video Pirate (grungy caps), LOL, NFL Jaguars (athletic shirt font).
His typefaces from 2012: Platoon, Manic Depressive, Spiderman Eclipse, Falling Skies, PIR2 (geometric stencil), Honeycombed (hexagonal), Dynamo Magician, Olympiad XXX (dingbats), London 2012, License Plate USA, Registration Plate UK (as used on both UK Standard and UK Standard 3D registration plates), I Am Sherlocked (grunge), The X-Files (old typewriter), The Amazing Spider-man, Marvel Heroes (comic book figurines).
He created these typefaces in 2011: the gothic faces ThunderCats-Ho, Papier Maché, Generator REX (grunge), Wizards Magic, Witches Magic, Dig Dug, Cross Stitch (stitching face), Monaco Stitch, Mythbusters (grungy, based on the famous TV show), Kryptoscripto (signage face), Farscape, Secret Mole, Silk, Heroes (handprinted), Dem Bones (letters made up of bones), Garfield (cartoon face), Accused (a white-on-black grotesk face), The Hands of Deaf (a sign language face), Crimson Petal (grungy), Battleforce 5 (Startrek face), Bakugan (heavy display face), Naked, Crimson Petal (after the title sequence of the Crimson Petal and the White), SpideRaY, Rosetta Stone, Stop Shark Finning, Calligraphy Pen, Double Pencil, Light Emitting Diodes (dot matrix face), Movember (moustache face), Pencil Stencil, Watchmen, Compostable.
Fonts from 2010 or earlier: The Deeper (2010), Trueblood (2009), FreeFontPro (2010), Misfits, Fangtasia, The Event, Clash of the Dinosaurs (2010), The Avengers (2010, futuristic), The Mighty Avengers (2010), Shaun The Sheep (2010), Joshuas Font (2010), Lazytown (2010, cartoon face).
Aliases: SpideRaY, Windows Tips Club. Abstract Fonts link. Dafont link. Dafont link to Spideray. Devian Tart link. Behance link. Another Behance link. [Google]
Lisbon-based designer of the hexagonal typeface Geometric (2012). [Google]
Based on Paul Klee's Castle and sun, Tazul Arifin (Bandung, Indonesia) created the hexagonal-grid typeface Trekant (2012). [Google]
[Funk The Hype]
Thomas Kaeding started his own foundry in Ann Arbor, MI, in 2011. Typefaces made in 2012 include Ollie Wollie (a true geometric monoline family), Sarcasticity (stencil), Undergrad (athletic lettering; +Exscribed), Moon Type (Moon Type is modelled after Dr. Moon's original poster. He developed this embossed writing system to help those who have lost their sight later in life, and so are familiar with the shapes of English letters. Moon writing is still used, and you can find books written with it), Lycian Monolith, Kaeding Braille, New York Point (Braille face), Masonic Code, Felt-Tip Futhark, the avant-garde monoline geometric family Yesterday, and the Broadway-style all caps art deco family Roaring 20s. Angl (2012) is a thorough exploration of the possibilities of hexagonal type design. Squiddles (2012) is a fun display face. Personal Manifesto (2012) is a holographic typeface for giving your anonymous letters to the government that personal touch that shows you care. [Google]
Thomas von Strong
Creator of VS Geometrica (2012), VS Handprinted (2012), and VS Hexagonica (2012, hexagonal family). These all are all free typefaces published at the Open Font Library. [Google]
Tiziano Fani Braga
Roman graphic designer. He created a condensed geometric typeface for Digital Art Magazine (2011) based on a carefully planned hexagonal grid. [Google]
Tony Van Nierop
Tony Van Nierop studied at KABK in Den Haag from 2007-2010. His typefaces include Byzantia (a warm Latin-style sans), AWM (2012, slightly slabby), and a hexagonal typeface created at FontStruct. [Google]
Hungarian designer of commercial fonts (from 2012 onwards, as Typesgal), located in Puspokhatvan, Hungary:
- Bar D (2012). A geometric sans serif.
- BarQ (2012). A geometric sans family.
- Yerninde (2012), a softened blackletter, and its grunge version, Varaninde (2012).
- Dirnaith (2012, grungy army stencil), Roth Dirnaith (2012), and Laden Dirnaith (army stencil). Awery (2012) is a more civil stencil face.
- Blood and Blade (2012). A gothic blackletter pair of typefaces.
- Carannorov (2012). Followed by the spurred version called Sigil (2012).
- Miog (2012). A hand-printed typeface.
- Coire Italic (2012). A cursive script.
Dafont link for Typesgal. Facebook link. [Google]
Creator of the hexagonal face Cubic (2011). [Google]
Graphic designer in Paris, who created Bucky (2012, hexagonal typeface) and Le Punktem (2012, a typeface that was inspired by wood type). [Google]
Bangkok-based graphic design student who created the hairlined Hexagon (2013). [Google]
[Wino Sutarmin Kadir]
Weknow is the foundry of Indonesian type designer Wino Sutarmin Kadir (b. 1979), who is based in Bogor, Jakarta. Weknow produced a large collection of free fonts from 2009-2012. He started making commercial fonts in 2012. Alternate URL. Behance link. Dafont link. Fontspace link. Klingspor link.
Creator of the unicase sans face Weknow (2009) and the roundish MisstyPoland (2009). Most of his faces are experimental.
From 2010: Helenfont (2010), Dennis Vallera (2010), Kasumichan, Karitza, Mozzie, Wings, Sharon, Noakatz, dearladysandra, arachnidlove, Alexandra, Monica (2010), Natalie, Wayner 8088, Anime Queen (2010, pixelized), Nano (2010, pixel face), Glover (2010, circular face), Frozen Pandaman (geometric), Joenine (circular), Fun Record (geometric), Gembira (circular), Gabrielle, Solgas (circular), lifeforfun (2010), znowwhite (2010), Snowmask (2010), Nine (2010), Znowwhite (2010), Cecile (2010, experiment with triangles), Coreldraw (2010, geometric, monoline), DennisVallera (2010, inspired by the vector art of Canadian Dennis Vallera), Helenfont (2010).
Designs from 2011: Michelle (circle-based), Emmilia (circle-based), Raynaliz, Polysoup, Seba, Selfregion (concentric glyphs), Wings of the dragons (octagonal), Spider, The Training Artist, Chewed Kandi, Sandra, Saintfighteraqua (geometric), Alexey (circle-based), Kristina (circle-based), Graphic Dream, Crystalcore (techno), Dominique (fat rounded), Formalart, Henderson (circle-based), Intanputripratiwi (circle-based), Kioshima (geometric), Gitchgitch (geometric), Justta, Dismecha, Self Region (labyrinthine), Alberto (monoline geometric), Abstrasctik (rounded and experimental), Nicole, Robotoc, Laggastic, Masterpanda, Mohr, Maruciel, Gabrielle, Carlos (a circle-based face), Life For Fun (geometric monoline sans), Lois Cesarano (hexagonal), Heather Thomas (circles and lines), Picaee (modular and leafy), Owaikeo (a circle and arc face), Celeste, The World, Future, Lanitta, Earthearth, Basic, Beautiful, Internationalist (monoline rounded sans caps face), Midnight Show, Plastic, Victory, Perfect, Superpower, Katarzyna, Invasion, Block, Wonderfull, Sweetest, Direction, Funrecord, Eternal Flame, Coreldarw, James Glover (circle-based), Superstar, Inside, Parallel, Million, Ocean, Never Ending Maze, Silverbend, Dragon Fly, Whatever You Want, Swinging Swan, Funatic, Soulmate, Superhero, Zetland, Letting The Cable Sleep, Weknow World, Universalisme, Ocean, Smiley Turtle, Family&Friend, Flower in the window, You&Me&Everyone Else, Astonishing, Grass Hopper, Merpati Putih, Extra Hot, Trees of Happiness, Blowing Bubble, Brain Storm, Good Morning, Flower Lover, Honestly, Jaguar, Modern Aristocrat, Pure and Simple Everytime, Ride the lightning, Proffesional (sic), Flight Stewardess, Antique Retro, Natural Technologies, Ethereal Sky, Conversation, Earth Heart.
Free typefaces from 2012: Emerald, Sweater (texture face), Fish Bone, Delicious Ketchup. The Dark Knight, String and Wire, Little Ant, Xtrapower, Standard International, Nice dream come true, Bavaria, Queen of the modern age, Science Fiction, Greatest View, Queen of the Modern Age, Made in earth, Arabian Knight, Emperor of Japan, Bill Gates Windows, Maximum Kilometer, Mineral Oil Resources, Motorcycle (curly caps), Eskimo and Polar Bear, Gladiator Sport, Aero Dynamic, Optical Fiber, High Logic, Generation (a nice all-caps shadow face), My Heart, Play Ground (multiline face), Cartoon Character, Windows in Japan, Quantum Leap (dymo label face), Computer Love, Electric City, and Copper, Valentine In Love, Weknow Windows, Punk, Graphic Design, Billy Jean Style, LMAO (rounded bold sans face), Take and Give, Indonesia Tanah Air, Swimmer Browser, Diamonds are forever (hexagonal and rounded), Tortoise, My Dear, Get Ready, Export Import, Miracle, Digital Ninja, Funtastic Million Moment, Funny and Cute, Samurai in UK, Bookmark, Once Upon A Time, Bird Feather, Respect, Aruna Aira Jasmine, Extra Cheese, Beauty and the beast, Kung Fu Master (oriental simulation typeface), Game Player (art deco), Modern Building, Trade and Mark, Grovy (sic) Kind of Life, King of Font and Typography, ABC (comic book face), Metro City (extended monoline typeface), The Art, Sprout and the bean, Scooter experiment, Sundown Sunrise (a rounded monoline sans), Art Heart, WindowsObject, Authentic Love, Dolphin Ocean Wave, British Pop Music, Master (sci-fi), Sneak Peeks, Like This, Crumble, Zebra Cross, Star Constellation, Water and Gasoline, Autumn, Aviator, So Cute, Crow Chief (bow and arrow font), Beard Rider, Skateboard, Panel, Swallow Sky Night, Hotel Motel (fat finger face), Techno Various, Zooming Track, Robo Cop, Dance Fever, West Java, Ivory Culture, Push The Button (art deco), Highway Patrol (blocked black typeface), Sausage, Little Atom, Mick Jagged, Life Is Final (copperplate), Total Hammer, Cybertooth, Modern Craft, Riding The World, Boarder (counterless), Essential Arrangement, Sensation, Helmet, Smile, Little Think Big Impact, Airplane, Young and Free, The Futurist, Creative Mind, House Builder, Falling in love, My Font (a rounded monoline oblique sans), Proffesional (sic) Edition, Young Forever, Brown Fox, We Know, Prehistoric, Frankenstein Monster, Great Adventure, You Makes Me Happy, The One and Only Me, Wireframe (3d face), Ceramic (3d face), Winner, The Amazing Me, Cycle, Asia Pacific, Written on the hand, Love is blind, Luxurious Sexy, Robotic, Nano (dot matrix face), King Of The World, Roller Blade, Antelope Run, Elemental, Champion Coffee Cup, Bandit, Arcade, Zetland, The Training Artist, Technique, Neon Glow, Fruit Vegetable, Archieve, Experiment Butterfly, French Fries, Remember Memory, Rocksteady, Electro Static Rain, Science Channel (stencil face), Surfing and Play, Umbrella, The Wizard, Great Leader, Bare Knuckle Fight, The Wizard of One Click, Extra Large, Stabilo Spidol, Onion Rings, Strawberry, Lets Do It Again, Modern Script, Amazing Symphony, Psychedelic, Jump Street, The Earth (modular), Brigade Army, Extraordinary, Cobra on Coconut Tree, Natural Beauty, Anything Mean Everything, Smoke on the water, Write A Letter, Everybody, Together, Planting And Seeding, Savior Light Our Way, All Around The World, Think More For Solution, Yesterday, Techno Tech, Prudent, Metamorphosys, Keep quite and simple (sic), India Hair Style, Catalyst, Bamboo Shoot, Global Capitalism, Water Drop, Thunder Jagger, The Science Archaeologist, The Happy Face Smile, Pyramid Inverted, Jailbreak, Game of Life, Fun Raiser, Athletic, Android Robot (sci-fi), Croissant Sandwich, Ocean Free, Thursday, Crochet Pattern, Firework, Futuristic, Pocket (rounded bold sans), Entertainment, Technology (bubblegum face), So This Is It (inline caps face), Everything (circle-based font), Auto Mobile, Futurism, Rhinoceros Break, Enormous (angulat headline face), The Quick (octagonal), Over The Mountain (wavy face), Frame Work, Interplanetary, Antariksa (rounded sans), Airwaves, Strong in the heart, Pure And Simple Everytime (rounded organic sans), Gitchgitch (rounded organic sans), Monica, The Lazy Dog (grunge), True Self Reliant, Think Techno, Street, Symbol (constructivist), Post Rock, Moon Light (plump and round), Jumping Running, Green Avocado, Bunga Melati Putih, Bizzare, World Word, Little Rainy Day (dot matrix), Animaline (animal dingbats), Smart Watch, At Most Sphere, Sweet Lollipop (curly), Painting The Light, Flattered, Earth Aircraft Universe, Daydreamer, Earth Aircraft Universe, Flattered, Welcome to Planet Earth, People Quark, Friendly Robot, Biological, Splashing, Freezer, Ragatnia Clara (a nice script), The Happy Face Return.
Typefaces from 2013: Cat Eyes, Stay True, Where Wolf, The Sound, Royal Jelly, Grumpy Cat, Aku Cinta Kamu, Yellow, Innovation, Invisible Man, Archieve, Electro Magnet, Bamboo Chopsticks, Valentine's Day, True Love, Club Golf, Your Smile, Guitar On Stage, Karate (oriental simulation), Recognition, Sleeping Beauty (plump lettering), Gelombang Radio, Frozen Ice, Sport Center, Reflection, Enjoy The Time, Fillet O Fish (brushed caps), Artistic, Flower Generation (psychedelia), Heart Shaped, Adore You, Jelang (textured typeface), Stargazer, Army Of Me, Xtreme Bike. [Google]
Will Pickering (Auckland, NZ) created the hexagonal typeface Box Display (2012). [Google]
William Bailey (b. 1990), alias William Suckling (Bayley Design, Hastings, UK and/or Camberwell, UK) studied at Brighton University.
In 2013, he designed Albert (decorative), Iron, Butcher (a free thin stencil face), Liquor (free Victorian typeface), Axe (a free hexagonal typeface).
Typefaces from 2012: the free monoline hand-drawn typeface Acorn, Bourbon (a free monoline sans), Tool Kit (dadaist), Obey (a free elliptical sans), Pathway (free), Thrice (a typeface made by using only three shapes), and Perspective (free).
In 2011, he created an unnamed geometric typeface.
Behance link. Dafont link. Cargo Collective link. [Google]
Designer (aka Funk King, b. Fort Knox, KY) who lives in Orlando, FL, and/or Apopka, FL. He used FontStruct in 2008-2009 to make over 550 decorative fonts, and became one of the world's top experts on FontStruct, FontShop's on-line font editor. Most of his fonts were withdrawn in 2012. He did a few commercial typefaces at his commercial foundry, Funk King. His creations include
- A Bit Eccentric.
- Alphadings: On Hangers (2012, a commercial series that includes Pants on Hangers, etc), Dog Tag, Black Bird, Easter Egg Dots, Ser Egghead T. handlebar, Ovoidotta (now called Sniff), Play Book, BuddhaBuddha, Swizzle Sticks, Computer Backplate, Milky Way, Sprout, Football, Clapboard (for movie makers), Teed Off, Book Stack, Speaker Box, Ant Farm, Sound and Vision, Speaker Grill, Tom Tom, Caged Type, Conga Lounge, Spinal, Add Van, Frostruct, Picket Fence, Regatta, Cranestruct, Impossible Alphabet, Igloo Village, Mortar Board, Jack, Marionette, Golden Gate (+Short, +Solid), Crossed, Eff U ("the finger"!), Tall Big Top, Jackpot, Skulls&Cross Bones Redux, Crosshairs, Drama Club, Good Day Sunshine, Butterfly, Steps and Windows, Heartbroken, O Christmas Tree, Christmas Lights, Candle, Supper Time (alphadings of plates), Sands of Time (alphadings of hour glasses), Fishbones (commercial since 2012), Handy (alphading with hands), Hang Ten (feet alphadings) and High Five (hand alphadings), Armade and Ghost Ship Armada (ship alphadings), Cut Here (stitching alphadings), Schematic (electric circuit alphading), Masquerade, Mortar Board, Gear Bits, Gearswork, Hi-Lo Gears, Gears, Resistor, Gear Shift, Castle, Castle with Flags, Antique Keys, Rounded Keys, Pods, Piano Keys (+Alt, +Correct), Framework, Dixieland Jazz, Spats, and City of New Orleans (the last three are alphdings based on the same Victorian alphabet), Saturn, Piggy Bank, Voodoo Doll, Dice, Fist Bump.
- Antennas, Antennas Outline
- Arcostellati, Arcostellato, Arcangolo, Arcontorno (2011): a blackletter family.
- Architect, Ruled, Gridworks, Blueprint (Solid, Dashed), Quadular (+Serif), Isometric Modified (+Light, +Bold Outline), Isometric (a 3d gridded family: +Basic Latin, +Basic Latin Lite, +More Latin, +Bold, +Black).
- Art deco: Arc Neuvo (rounded letters), Arc Nuevo (2012, commercial), Toneelschuur (based on the letterhead created for the Theatre Toneelschuur Haarlem), Shift (bold), Eye Spy (this says Peter Sellers), Mod Squad.
- Avenue, Avenue Alphabet (white on black).
- Ball and Chain (neat), Ball Bearings
- Balls and Bats
- Banjo (2012).
- Barber Shop
- Beachwear (horizontally striped)
- Blackletter: Abbey
- Blanket Serif Caps, Blanket Sans Serif
- Block Inline Block
- Block Mosaic (great gridded letters)
- Blood Sweat&Tears
- Bolla Fratturato (2011): outlined blackletter face.
- Bolt, Bolted
- Bon Mots.
- Break, Balance Beam, After Party (2010).
- Bubble Zwrap (2010).
- Build A Bridge
- Buzz Kill
- Carp Black, Carp Blanc
- Caterpillar, Tall Caterpillar.
- Chain Gang, Krazy King
- Check Mate (checkered flag font).
- Cherry Bomb.
- Cinder Block (2010): a 3d face with texture thrown in.
- Circuit Board Solid, Circuit Board Outline, Circuit Board Outline Numbers, Circuit Board Simple, Micro Clean, Microcircuitz, Circuit Board Simple.
- Circus Maximus Outline
- Cirquela (2012). a non-FontStruct font, this is his first hand-printed typeface.
- Compass (+Plain)
- Connected scripts: Cruise, Jet Cruise (2009), Notched Script (upright, connected), Rough Script (italic, connected), square Script (pixelish, connected).
- Computer Backplate, Milky Way.
- Crimped Pincushion (2010).
- Crispy Inline (classy)
- Crooked Marker, Marker
- Crop Circles
- Curls And Twirls
- Cut Here
- Daisies (nice rounded square letters with painted daisies)
- Decoscriptic, Decoish.
- Diamonds Are Forever, Liberty (dot amtrix fonts)
- Didactic fonts: Back to School.
- Digital, Digital Whimsy (gorgeous fonts in which the meat of the glyphs is made up of 0's and 1's), Digital Italics, Digital Non-italics.
- Dingbats: Digital Biz Bitz (2012), Capitalist Pictograms (2012), Kapitalist Kit (2011), Weather System (2011), Twelve Days of Christmas (2010), Learning For Business (2010), Calder Symbols (2010), Mad Aliens (2010), FSEmoticons, Maven Pictograms, Temp (weather dings), Sports Wave, Bullet Arrows
- Dinner at 8
- Ditier Cycles (2010): a grunge version of J. Hughes's Dirt Cycles.
- Disco Ball, Disco Salvation.
- Doggie Tracks (2010).
- Dollars and Cents.
- Domestic Bliss (+Solid), Blissful Hearts (Valentine's Day alphadings).
- Domino, Dominodot
- Dot matrix fonts: Zephyrelli (2012), Yoyo (2012), Carousel (2011), Corsivo Punti (2011), Wisp (2011), Amusement (2011), Menagerie (2011), Junk (2011), Iphont (white on black dot matrix face), Lyrical (dot matrix script), Petits Pois, Elli, Industrial Magic, Wind Chime, Domestic Bliss (2010, +Serif, +Sans Serif), Ying Yang (2009)
- Double Decker
- Eau de Kerning.
- Efficiency (2010).
- Eiffel family: mechanical.
- eq Regular, eq Radio Waves, eq Tight.
- Erector Set (2010).
- Extension Cord
- Fairy Tale (curly)
- Fast Cars, Fast Lane, Fast Forward
- Fifty Famous Fairy Tales (bi-lined and bejeweled)
- Flair Ornate, Flaired Script, Flair, Flaired
- Floor Plan
- Flash (gridded face)
- Folk Art (wooden plank simulation)
- Font Troll
- Fractal, Wireframe, Hemisphere, Origami (now Mummification): experiments in glyph partitioning.
- Funk, Funky palms
- Gemstone (letters in a mosaic)
- Glyphs made from broken objects: Broken Combs, Broken Glasses
- GI Joe
- Grid1, Grid2, Pas De Grille Pli Isométrique (+Plombé), Grille Noir Pli Isométrique (+Plombé), Grille Intrépide Pli Isométrique (+Plombé), Grille Facile Pli Isométrique (+Plombé).
- Grunge faces: Feather (2010).
- Gummy (2010).
- Happily Ever After (2010).
- Heath Robinson (gorgeous mechanical font).
- Hexcavated (2010).
- High Anxiety.
- High Wire (dotted).
- Honeycomb Black (hexagonal).
- Horizontally Phased (like IBM logo from afar), Vertically Phased, Field Goal.
- Hot Diggity Dog (2010): a monoline rounded sans.
- Inline: Hi-Fi Deco, Track (+Filled), Crispy Inline
- Imperfect Optical Experiment.
- Ironside, Ironworks.
- Isomixed (+Inline, +Inverted, +Light, +Inline Light), Isomixerd Moire (nine textured styles).
- Jacks (2010): a stitching font.
- Jelly Bean series: I's, Wide, O's, Split
- Jolly Swash 9+Tall, +Tall Wide Tail).
- Kaleidoscope, Kaleidoscope Solid
- Kitchen tile faces: MadisonAveAvenue (2010), Edgar Fernhout (2012).
- Last Days Of Summer, Endless Summer, Beach.
- Lattice, Lattice Black
- Little Miss Muffet.
- Love, Love Letters
- Metroliner and Metroliner Deluxe.
- MICR fonts: Wedge Solid.
- Mitered, Zietgeist: striped 3d faces.
- Modern Ancient (chiseled font imitation)
- Molecular (+Complex, +Complex 1), Dense Molecular Complex (1 through 5), Molecular Architecture, Tessellation 1 (+Continuous), Tessellation 2.
- Monkey Bars.
- Montreal (+Italics)
- Monumental, Less Monumental,
- Mortar Booted (+Thick, Separated, Mission, Booted Mission).
- Music fonts: Fret Full (2010), Fret Station (2010).
- Mystere (2012, grunge).
- Octovision Remix
- Open&Shuttered Day, Open&Shuttered Night
- Oriental simulation/look: Shoji Pixel, Shoji Stage&Screen Soapbox, Chinese Democracy, Asian Influence.
- Origami City (2010): formerly Simply Elevated Black. Simple Elevation (2012) is in the same family.
- Outline Habitat
- Pallina (2010, + Stampino, +Diluente).
- Palm, Tall Palm
- Paperclip faces: Neue Werner Paperclip (2012).
- Piccadilly (2010).
- Pixel Dust, Pixels Dusted
- Pop Arc (2010). In the same style: Conveyor Belt, Milk Bottle, Cookie Cutter, Erector Set (2010).
- Popsicle Sticks (nice vertically striped glyphs).
- Playbook (2010).
- Power Grid, Power Gridlocked
- Process This (2010) and Flowcahrt (2010): based on graphs of computer programs.
- Pump Boys (2010).
- Quagmire (2010)
- Radio Waves
- Razorback Block
- Receipt (2012): a dot matrix face.
- Regular Habitat
- Remixintag (2011, a clone of Wallachia by Intaglio).
- Ribbodini (2010, ribbon font).
- Road Trip
- Sausalito Nautica (2011).
- Say What? (Exaggerated ink trap face)
- Scaffoldini (2010): a 3d gridded face. Followed by Scaffo (2012), Scaffoldini Senza Griglia (2010), Scaffoldini Ascendente Contrario SG, Scaffoldini Ascendente Senza Griglia, Scaffoldini Contrario Senza Griglia, Scaffoldini Ascendente, Scaffoldini Contrario, and Scaffoldini Ascendente Contrario, Scaffoldini Prospettico (+Contrario, +SG).
- Scripts: Diode (+Dioded, Diodoubled, Diodocked, Diodedocked, Diodiced), Scherzando, Fontstitution, Rough Script, Scriptilicious, Whipped Cream, 45 Degrees.
- Skulls, Skully
- Slice N dice
- Small Wonder, Small World
- Snowflake (2010).
- Soma (2009): 3d letters mades from cubes.
- Spooky Eyeballs (2009).
- Stained Glass, Stained with Cross
- Stencil fonts: GI Joe, Kid's Stencil (white on black), Black Tie, Matchstick, Stensei, Stencillated, Tri-Fold, Tri-Fold Cut, Tri-Fold Rounded, Stencil, Stencil Plate, Stencil Face, Semi Stencil, Psuedo Stencil, Psychedelic Stencil.
- Stitching fonts: Sampler
- T-Shirts on a Clothesline
- Swamp Frog and Tadpole: artsy fat letters
- Swamp Funk, Mojo (curly letters)
- Tall Habitat
- Techno look: Technified, Slick, Tangential (2010).
- Tanqueray (2010): octagonal face.
- Teepee (wood look)
- Tennis themed: Racket, Net Ball, World Cup.
- Tetrominoes Black (2010): a 3d face cloned from TP2 Marriott's Tetrominoes.
- Texture fonts: Global (2011, globes), SS Half Tone (One, Two, Three), SS Watermark, SS Silk Screen (2010). These brush texture faces were cloned from Swifted Strokes by Mike Lee. Tramarada (2011) has a stunning woven look.
- The Adventure of the Dancing Men (2011, dingbats).
- The Big Top
- The Real McCoy
- Timpani, Timpaniless, Timpaniblok, Alien Crop Circles (outer space face).
- Toothpaste (2011): imitating oozing toothpaste.
- Trapezoidot, Zoidot, Dotz (dotted faces).
- Upright connected scripts: Madie (2009)
- Valentine's fonts: Hearts and Flowers, Hearts and Arrows, Keys to your Heart, Bed of Hearts
- Vapors and Mirage: evaporating glyphs.
- Vibration (2010). This multiline typeface was followed by Echo (2010).
- Victorian fonts: Alouette, Swamp Funk
- WPA Household Arts Stripes, WPA Household Arts Chex, WPA Household Arts (poster stencil face)
- Wee The People, Small World.
- Werner Paperclip (2009), Paperclip (2010): paperclip faces after a 1974 original by Ad Werner.
- Western fonts: Bolo (2010), Bow Tie (2010), Bowl (2010), Western Doodle, Sparky, Buckaroo, Diamond Buckaroo, Saloon and Desert Rose. Western style alphadings: Cart Before The Horse, Wagon Train
- White on black faces: Tabs, Dot Keys, Rounded Keys, Block Keys, Keys.
- Wim Crouwel-related fonts: Unknown Crouwel #1, Edgar Fernhout (a Wim Crouwel tribute font in kitchen tile style taken from a 1963 poster), Kalender 1976 Letters (octagonal based on a Wim Crouwel calendar from 1976), Kalender 1976, Brusselmans (based on a Wim Crouwel poster), Rabobank (based on a Wim Crouwel poster), Brabant (based on a Wim Crouwel poster)
- Woodcut, Woodcut Recut, Woodcut Banjo.
- Yay Team
- Zebeast (Zebra-striped letters)
- Zodiac Block
In 2012, he added these fonts at MyFonts: Architect, Carousel, Check Mate, Cobblestones, Cruise, Dog Tag, Domestic Bliss, Fifty Famous Fairy Tales, Fratturato Digitale (pixelish blackletter face), Ghost Town, Jackpot, Jelly Bean, Keyboard, Kingdom (a castle font), Lagniappe (Victorian), Lyrical, Madie, Menagerie, Q Typ, Scaffo, Sprinkle, Stained Glass, Sweet Valley, Toothpaste, Vibration MF, Yoyo, Zephyrelli.
Klingspor link. Dafont link. Fontspace link. Additional URL. Myfonts link. MyFonts foundry link.
View Wilson Thomas's commercial typefaces. [Google]
Wino Sutarmin Kadir
Woohoo Studio is a collective of freelance graphic designers recently founded by Solène Hébert and Laurianne Duchemin in Paris.
Woohoo Studio created typefaces such as the polyhedral FaceTypo (2012), the octagonal Facette Type (2012), and the hexagonal Hexagraphie (2012).
Behance link. [Google]
This is one of the most talented FontStructors. On Behance, he/she is listed as Van Saarland, from Hameenlinna, Finland.
Typefaces from 2011: Teotihuacan (inspired by a Mexican poster), Micra (a monospaced OCR-A font), Fast Driving, Rendez-Vous (a condensed serif font inspired by the cover of "The Essential Jean Michel Jarre"), Carat Condensed, Carat, Wolfen (a copperplate style condensed face), Futuroid (sci-fi), Instrumenta (after Neville Brody's Industria), Modern Vision (based on the opening credits from The Terminator and The Running Man), Future Earth (futuristic: based on a typeface used in The Terminator logo which is also the base for the font "Earth"), Phatprogy (+Extra Phat).
Typefaces from 2012: Modus Operandi, Ikonomi (squarish sans), Genera, Hexathrone, Liquid Crystal Serif, Wulthraesk (constructivist), Electionale, Major (a high contrast didone), Commandant (2012, like Futura Stencil), Comfutur (a beautiful stencil face with a bit of Futura Black), Qode (a retro-futuristic LED style typeface), Graphyto (a heavy slab face), Heavy Royale, Thiage (Thai simuation face), Bravis, Cirquetry, Solidis, Velocifero (bilined), Heavy Royale, Jet Set Groove, Reactor A1 (futuristic stencil), Polymoda (an abstract font), Lino II, Sequencer (+Condensed), Hertzace (square retro-futurist), Cifira (art deco), Saturation (monoline sans), Katana (+Bold, +Condensed), Countura (abstract and minimalist), Stripelane (horizontally striped), Vortexa (in the style of Data 70), In Nomine Matrix, Afterburner, Afterburner Phase II, High Rise (Western typeface), Sulaco, Polaroid, Tech Noir (a dot matrix typeface based on the nightclub sign from The Terminator), Slabbers II, Windician (art deco), Cryptocube, DMC 12, Ken Jp (oriental simulation typeface), PxlSQ, Scorpione, Monotronic, Advancer (dot matrix face), Avico, Discolyde, Film Sequence, Modern Vision (based on an unknown typeface which was used in the opening credits of The Terminator, The Running Man, Class of 1999, and also used on Robert A. Heinlein's book covers (there's a font called Heinlein which is similar)), Cromagnon, Gace, Midora Sans, Squarium (constructivist), Cheque Matte (octagonal), Plusminus, Advancer Lite, Magnetofunk (retro-futuristic), Integrafia (piano key stencil face), Network9, Cechida, Rendez-Vous (condensed square slab face), Rendez-Vous II, Equantum, Karelian Stencil, Cryptocube, Neolexia, Ambiente, Stencilae (stencil), Linearis (horizontally striped), Contrafacia A and B (horizontally striped faces), Stereovision, Hypetron (based on the TRON logo), Degré (hexagonal), Typorabilis, Wunderkind (kitchen tile face), Kiova Captura, Biomehanika.
Typefaces from 2013: Submachine (based on Stanley Davis's Amelia), Telecharger, Genera Deux (a computer font), Genexe, Network 9 (connect-the-dots), Square Earth, Future Earth (trekkie font), Supernature, Siberiada (a great Russian simulation face with a medieval touch), Defigma (bilined), Carat, Back to the future (based on the movie logo; called Rewinder on FontStruct), Vibrion (techno face), Connector Module, Wunderkind (a tiled typeface), Yaguar, Pacific Serif (slab serif), Aerogenes (wide techno font), Windician, Commandant (a wide art deco stencil face).
Abstract Fonts link. [Google]
[illllli.com (was: YaFontWeb)]
FontStructor from Shanghai, Kazakhstan (b. 1986), aka architaraz.
He made a gridded modular face called Targeted (2011). Sliced (2011) is a counterless stencil face. Discostructed (sic) (2011) is a texture face. Mono Dot (2011) is a thin dot matrix face. Mono Hor (2011) is a horizontally striped version of it, Mono Ver (2011) a vertically striped version, and Mono Bold (2011) a bold version. Promo (2011) is purely geometric. Semiz (2011) and Semiz Light (experimental) are partly art deco. Audio (2011) is based on the logo of audiojelly. Arro (2011) has letters with arrowed terminals. Hexa (2011) is hexagonal. Happi (2011) is a fat finger face. Semiz Black (2011) is a free fat pixel face.
Creations from 2012: Pearls of Margar, Korgan, Phunni, Carbo, Carbo ii, Lenta, Phunni, Jambul, Extraterrestrial (sci-fi), Rap My Hip-Hop, Armada 1991 (monospaced), Venus (white on black), Garage Garbage (bold avant-garde design), WHAQ, Extra Fontestrial, Algae, A Tasbaqa, Salem (rounded bold typeface), Thaiana Jones, Salem (fat rounded face), Audio 2012, Balapan, Dalmat, Bonn (an art nouveau army stencil face), Mgla, Teris (white on black), Degoratix (curly), Barney Stencil (a fantastic brushy stencil), Lentalicious, Blackway Str, Schengbers (a great piano key stencil family), Tramcar Typo, Mgia, Brushure (a fat curvy display face), Extralien, Serrific Terif, Missinger, Tolkyn, Murt, Twisture, Soliture, Threedure, Antillic, Garage Garbage, Arro, Happi, Schengbergs Hi.
Typefaces from 2013: Khara (ultra-heavy slab face), Shlab (slab serif), Unknownim (slab serif), Archtalic, Argyn, Linea Runde, Mechatraps (+Plain), Eliksir, Drilliant, Katamaran (art deco), Lagman, Neurojet (experimental), Jazzure (bullet hole display face), Diagon, Aroth, Pharaoh's Delight (piano key typeface), Cocomi.
FontM link. [Google]